╌>

The close GOP primary in PA

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  130 comments

The close GOP primary in PA
“This is all about winning elections to stop the radical left maniacs from destroying our country,” Trump said in a statement Saturday.

Pennsylvania's primary Senate election is being held today. It has turned out to be a tight race between three candidates:

72538c4b-7d46-49d2-be68-38770972936b-DSC_1096.JPG?width=660&height=440&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp
Dr Mehmet Oz.  Endorsed by Donald Trump.

David-McCormick-640x480.jpg
David McCormick. I've been America First my whole life.

d2f1b75a638bd292086f3d355f35fa8f
Kathy Barnette. Unelectable in a general election.

Recent polls show the three in a three way tie. There is a trojan horse in the race. Kathy Barnette has made some insane, vile comments in her distant past and a photo from Jan 6th shows her walking with a group of Proud Boys.  Oddly enough it is Fox News that is doing all the screeching about her beliefs. The leftist msm has been noticeably silent.

Anyone care to guess why?

Answer: If the left can get Barnette to win the nomination, they will then bombard her with her past statements and we'll see a lot more of that Jan 6th photo.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Keystone State Republicans: Get out there and vote!  This primary is as important as the general election.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Oz won't make it to Emerald City.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    2 years ago

Tell me what you're thinking?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    2 years ago

To me, by far the most interesting thing about these primaries is the fact that almost all of the candidates are trying to prove they are more MAGA and subservient to Trump than the others. 

Yet for some odd reason we have apologists claiming that Trump is no longer a thing and he has disappeared from the scene. Such a claim would be funny if it wasnt so stupid. 

By taking this course the GOP will likely lose both the senate seat and the governorship in a few months. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago
To me, by far the most interesting thing about these primaries is the fact that almost all of the candidates are trying to prove they are more MAGA and subservient to Trump than the others. 

Wait until the Georgia Governor's primary. That is where Donald Trump faces a huge defeat.

Yet for some odd reason we have apologists claiming that Trump is no longer a thing and he has disappeared from the scene.

I don't know what you mean by "a thing." He is a bit of a king-maker and could be the GOP's elder statesman.

By taking this course the GOP will likely lose both the senate seat and the governorship in a few months. 

I'm ready to take all wagers.

The way the Senate races shape up this time around would ordinarily favor democrats. However, that radical ideology which was administered for almost 2 years has sealed the democrats fate. They are cooked.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

I really do hope Trump is made the face of the midterms on the Republican side. This would greatly aid the Democrats chances. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    2 years ago
This would greatly aid the Democrats chances. 

The dems are running on their performance. They have no chance.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

On the democrat side, all the candidates don't want to be seen with Biden. There's no clamoring for his endorsement!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 years ago

By the way, no one in their right mind would ever refer to Donald Trump as a "statesman". 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

Put him next to Biden and he looks like Shakespeare.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

Almost Reagan-esque

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

I doubt the Bard considered a tomato to be a deadly weapon.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4  Hallux    2 years ago

Re Ms Barnette: "The leftist msm has been noticeably silent."

As Ms Maddow would say, "bullpucky!"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @4    2 years ago
s Ms Maddow

Here in MA some call her "Butch Cronkite."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

FTAfXc1VsAE8cZG?format=jpg&name=small

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

There are still problems with counting ballots in PA!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

kUDezkIb?format=jpg&name=small

MUSK GOES GOP: ‘I Never Voted Republican —This Election, I Will’

https://hannity.com/media-room/musk-goes-gop-i-never-voted-republican-this-election-i-will/?utm_source=socialflow

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

FS_-FbSX0AIeYt4?format=jpg&name=small

Trump-backed GOP candidate Ted Budd wins Senate primary in North Carolina

https:// trib.al/vXFi8ke

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

The people of PA woke up to a cliff hanger because it takes the state days to count ballots!

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
9.1  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 years ago

It takes longer to count the ballots because according to law the counties are not allowed to count mail-in ballots until the polls close on election day.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @9.1    2 years ago

When did the problem start?

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
9.1.2  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.1    2 years ago

It is part of Act 77 which was signed into law in October of 2019.  The first election under Act 77 was the Primary in 2020. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Mastriano wins Pennsylvania GOP governor primary despite party concerns

FTCx0UEXEAE1oud?format=jpg&name=small

http:// hill.cm/lRAJDcH

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Pennsylvania primary GOP bids embraced Trump while Democrats shunned Biden

G4I5fqgP?format=jpg&name=small

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    2 years ago
Pennsylvania primary GOP bids embraced Trump while Democrats shunned Biden

Jesus, you act like that is something to be proud of. 

Lets see how happy you are when the Democrat wins that Senate seat and a Democrat wins the governorship. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1    2 years ago
Lets see how happy you are when the Democrat wins that Senate seat and a Democrat wins the governorship.

You think so John? 

Do you know how angry this country is at democrats?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.1    2 years ago

The Republican candidate for governor is a far right conspiracy nut, election denying,  Jan 6th participant. If the Democrats dont wrap that around him like an anchor it is their own fault if they dont win. 

Oz will not hold up under a harsh campaign. The Dems will be thrilled if he is the nominee. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.2    2 years ago
The Republican candidate for governor is a far right conspiracy nut, election denying,  Jan 6th participant. If the Democrats dont wrap that around him like an anchor it is their own fault if they dont win. 

They never fail to slander an opponent, most notable was the Alabama Senate race where the Washington Post withheld damaging info on the Republican until he won the primary and only then did they wrap it around him. That produced a deceit-filled victory for Doug Jones. 

Oz will not hold up under a harsh campaign. 

It will be Oz against the far left policies of Joe Biden. I don't see how he can lose.

The Dems will be thrilled if he is the nominee. 

They have few happy moments coming in the next 2 years.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.3    2 years ago

I'm going to lose a lot of respect for the people of Pennsylvania if they elect this piece of shit

Doug Mastriano, a central figure in former President Donald J. Trump’s efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election in Pennsylvania, won the state’s Republican primary for governor on Tuesday, making the general election a referendum on democracy in the place where American representative government was born.

The Associated Press declared Mr. Mastriano, a retired Army colonel and two-term state senator, the winner over a crowded field of Republican candidates. In the campaign’s final days, his opponents mounted an unsuccessful last-ditch effort to consolidate support around a rival , former Representative Lou Barletta.

In his short time in public office, Mr. Mastriano, 58, has emerged as Pennsylvania’s leading far-right figure.

He funded buses to shuttle supporters to the rally on Jan. 6, 2021, that preceded the attack on the Capitol. During his run for governor, he has barred the news media from attending his campaign events and has appeared with proponents of the QAnon conspiracy theory.

Doug Mastriano is Pennsylvania Republicans’ Choice for Governor - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

I dont think they will. 

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.5  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.3    2 years ago

Mastriano wants to give out all voter's private information to a third party company to do an "audit" of the 2020 election, including, name, dob, ssn, driver's license numbers, addresses, phone numbers, etc.  People are not happy about that.

Oz has never lived in Pennsylvania and used his in-laws' address as his address to vote in Pennsylvania and to get on the ballot.  People are not happy that he's not from here.  

The Pennsylvania general election will be telling so see if Trump actually has the support here that he thinks he does with these two.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.4    2 years ago

I think you missed an opportunity to bash Trump.

In the campaign’s final days, his opponents  mounted an unsuccessful last-ditch effort to consolidate support around a rival  , former Representative Lou Barletta.

And it was only then that Trump gave Mastriano his endorsement. Trump could have endorsed either one of them. It looks like Trump waited to make sure he endorsed the winner.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.5    2 years ago
Mastriano wants to give out all voter's private information to a third party company to do an "audit" of the 2020 election, including, name, dob, ssn, driver's license numbers, addresses, phone numbers, etc.  People are not happy about that.

We have to restore integrity to our elections.

Oz has never lived in Pennsylvania and used his in-laws' address as his address to vote in Pennsylvania and to get on the ballot.  People are not happy that he's not from here.  

People in MA felt the same way about Romney.

The Pennsylvania general election will be telling so see if Trump actually has the support here that he thinks he does with these two.

It won't be until the Georgia Governor's election that Trump will face a real test. His candidate is down by 32 points.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.7    2 years ago
"We have to restore integrity to our elections."
That leaves out today's gop/gqp/alleged conservatives/republicans

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.5    2 years ago
Oz has never lived in Pennsylvania

What state did he live in while attending and obtaining his MD and MBA degrees from the University of Pennsylvania and Penn's Wharton School?  

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.10  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.7    2 years ago
We have to restore integrity to our elections.

Not by giving our personal information to a third party.  People are rightfully worried about having their identities stolen.  You may want a third party to have every personal detail about you, but most Pennsylvanians do not.  

People in MA felt the same way about Romney.

This means nothing.

It won't be until the Georgia Governor's election that Trump will face a real test. His candidate is down by 32 points.

Pennsylvania is a closed primary, so Trump may do well, he may not.  Independents will be the key to the general election.  

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.11  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.9    2 years ago

He very well could have lived in New Jersey which is where he currently resides when not "living" at his in-laws.    

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.11    2 years ago
He very well could have lived in New Jersey which is where he currently resides when not "living" at his in-laws.

He very well could have lived in Pennsylvania, or New York, or New Jersey.

Where he COULD have lived has nothing to do with the claim he never lived in Pennsylvania or my question, but thanks for at least trying to answer.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.13  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.12    2 years ago

Point is...he has not resided in the state while running for a Pennsylvania Senate seat.  You may be ok with someone running for Texas Senator while living somewhere else, but people here are not, so your opinion of the situation here is moot since you don't live here either.  

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.14  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.12    2 years ago

And basically, you admit that its possible he did not reside here, but you want to argue anyway.  Some people will argue about anything.  jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.14    2 years ago

Candidates for Senate don’t have to live in the states where they’re seeking office while campaigning, but the Constitution requires them to move by the election.

And, of course, I wasn't the one to claim he never lived in Pennsylvania.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.16  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.15    2 years ago

We still don't know if he ever did live in Pennsylvania, so again, you are arguing just to argue (and going around in circles like you always do).  If you want to elect someone that does not live in your state, go for it.  No one is stopping you.  However, I will never vote for someone who does not live in my state and does not know the needs of the people who live here.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.16    2 years ago
We still don't know if he ever did live in Pennsylvania,

Gee, I wonder what that makes THIS claim:

Oz has never lived in Pennsylvania and used his in-laws' address as his address to vote in Pennsylvania and to get on the ballot.

You claimed it, and now are changing (evolving, perhaps?) but admit you don't know, despite your assertions.

Makes sense.....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.16    2 years ago
If you want to elect someone that does not live in your state, go for it.  No one is stopping you. 

And if you want to post stuff as fact and later change your mind about your claim, no one is stopping you.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.19  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.17    2 years ago

Ok. Dr. Oz may have lived in Pennsylvania for approximately 8 years (during his college/graduate school) out of his 61 years life leaving 53 years that he lived somewhere else.  If he lived in Pennsylvania for approximately 8 years during his college/graduate school, he has not lived in Pennsylvania for approximately 35+ years and knows nothing about the needs of the people of Pennsylvania.  If he did not live here for the 8 years of college/graduate school, then he has not lived in Pennsylvania for 61 years.   There, does that make you happy, or do you still have something stupid you want to argue about.  

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.20  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.18    2 years ago

See 11.1.19.  Again, do you still have something stupid you want to argue about?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.21  Trout Giggles  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.19    2 years ago

I'm originally from PA. I remember we didn't like "strangers" much.

Arkansas is currently having an identity crisis much like Oz. Tom Cotton has a residency in Little Rock but spends all of his time in DC. Sarah Huckabee is running for governor but she hasn't lived here since she went to college. I doubt she knows anything about this state. Doesn't matter. If she wins her daddy Mike will pull all the strings on the Sarah Marionette

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.19    2 years ago

My happiness isn't relevant to anything here. I just wanted to point out that making absurd claims will be challenged.

Thanks for admitting you were mistaken with your claim.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.20    2 years ago
Again, do you still have something stupid you want to argue about?

I don't know.

Will you be making future silly claims?

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.24  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.22    2 years ago

All you did was argue for argument sake, but that's all you do.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.24    2 years ago
All you did was argue for argument sake, but that's all you do.

Okay, pointing out a false claim is verboten.

Got it.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.26  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.23    2 years ago

Do you definitely know if Oz lived in Pennsylvania during his college/graduate school years?  

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.27  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.25    2 years ago

Are you 100% sure what I said was false? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.27    2 years ago

Yes, and unlike you, I won't waffle on it.

Please have the last word now.

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1.29  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.22    2 years ago
Thanks for admitting you were mistaken with your claim.

says the "don't put words in my mouth" poster boy...

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.30  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.28    2 years ago

You are 100% sure.  You know for a fact that he lived in Pennsylvania while attending school and didn't live in another state and commute.  You know for a fact that he lived in Pennsylvania while going to graduate school and didn't live in another state and commute.  In all of this you still lost the main point (like you always do), that he has not lived in Pennsylvania, does not know the needs of the people here, and even conservatives are leery about voting from him because of those facts.  A lot of conservatives are calling him a carpetbagger because of those facts.  You wanted facts, those are the facts.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @11.1.29    2 years ago
says the "don't put words in my mouth" poster boy...

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Claim made:

Oz has never lived in Pennsylvania

That is a statement of fact, not an opinion from the poster.

Later, this:

We still don't know if he ever did live in Pennsylvania

and this:

Dr. Oz  may have lived in Pennsylvania for approximately 8 years (during his college/graduate school) out of his 61 years life leaving 53 years that he lived somewhere else.

I will let discerning readers decide what "words" I put in his mouth vs. accurately quoting his own words.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.32  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.28    2 years ago

There's your waffle.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.33  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.32    2 years ago
There's your waffle.

I like mine with:

OIP.Qg7rJ73o9q_Fy9z8KAtd_wHaHa?w=186&h=186&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.34  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.33    2 years ago

I caught you waffling and that's all you have to say. Typical. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.35  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.34    2 years ago

I like 'em with lots of butter, too!

Does that help any?

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.36  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.35    2 years ago

Sure, sure. Time for you to admit you waffled after harassing me over 1 word when you have already admitted that he could have lived in another state. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.37  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.36    2 years ago

FFS, he COULD have lived in Canada, too!

Or China.

Or a host of other places ALL over the world.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.38  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.31    2 years ago

By the way, I'm a female. 

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.39  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.37    2 years ago

Whether you admit it or not, your hypocrisy is already posted here for everyone to see.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.40  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.38    2 years ago
By the way, I'm a female. 

[deleted]

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.41  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.40    2 years ago

You called me a him. I'm correcting you. Why be a jerk over it. Smh

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.42  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.41    2 years ago
You called me a him. I'm correcting you.

Thank you.

[deleted]

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
11.1.43  afrayedknot  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.42    2 years ago

[Removed for context]

[Does deleted?] Just want to do our very best. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.44  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @11.1.43    2 years ago
[Removed for context]

[No.]

[deleted]

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
11.1.45  MonsterMash  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @11.1.38    2 years ago
[deleted]

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
11.1.46  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  MonsterMash @11.1.45    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
12  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

The majority of Republicans in Penn voted for either a Muslim or a black woman.

But its the party of white supremacy ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @12    2 years ago

Yes, it is

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @12    2 years ago
But its the party of white supremacy ...

Mainly to deluded left-wingers.

Smart people know better.

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"Georgia has seen record-breaking turnout for early voting despite passing an election security law last year that critics panned as "voter suppression" and President Biden said harkened back to the era of "Jim Crow"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @13    2 years ago

I'm sure all the republicans/alleged conservatives/gqp will vote often.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @13.1    2 years ago

You just watch!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.1    2 years ago

Figures just came out for North Carolina. 150,000 more Republican votes than Democrat. A damned good sign. 

Republican voters turned out in droves to participate in the North Carolina primaries and overtook Democratic turnout — even though there are more registered Democratic voters in the state.

Poor bastards couldn't vote from their couches this mid term.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1.2    2 years ago

You bet!  Very telling

This in from PA:

Oz claims Pennsylvania 'election is ours,' calls for GOP unity in Keystone State

G4I5fqgP?format=jpg&name=small

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1.2    2 years ago

"150,000 more Republican votes"

A lot more ignorant assholes out there than I realized!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1.2    2 years ago

What's goodwordnews - some whacko blog site?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1.3    2 years ago

Look at that - two frauds!  One snakeoil salesman next to a conman/thug/grifter steaming pile of shit.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1.2    2 years ago

The Democrats didnt have any competitive statewide races. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @13.1.7    2 years ago
One snakeoil salesman

Oz might be the only person endorsed by both Oprah and Donald. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @13.1.9    2 years ago

So once again, the facts you claim to bring, are untrue.  Or should I say, a lie.

ttps://www.newsweek.com/oprah-shies-away-endorsing-protege-dr-oz-pa-senate-its-residents-1663827

Oprah Shies Away From Endorsing Protege Dr. Oz for PA Senate: 'It's up to the Residents'

BY   JUSTIN KLAWANS   ON 12/28/21 AT 11:05 PM 
Winfrey's comments were published on Tuesday by New York Magazine  reporter Olivia Nuzzi, who was provided with a short statement by Winfrey's representative. Nuzzi had also asked for a sit-down chat with the entertainment mogul, but she was told that Winfrey was not conducting interviews.

"One of the great things about our democracy is that every citizen can decide to run for public office," Winfrey's statement read. "Mehmet Oz has made that decision. And now it's up to the residents of Pennsylvania to decide who will represent them."

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.1.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @13.1.10    2 years ago
Or should I say, a lie.

As always, you say what you want.  

"I met Dr. Mehmet Oz in 2003—the year he and his wife, Lisa, created a medical series called Second Opinion with Dr. Oz for the Discovery Channel. My friend Gayle was so intrigued by him that she encouraged me to be his first guest. Lucky for me, Gayle isn't just persuasive—she's perceptive. The day of the taping, I immediately recognized what she'd sensed: a cardiac surgeon who cared as much about transforming people's lives as he did about fixing their hearts." Oprah

"The following year, the doctor and I swapped couches when I invited him to be a guest on my show. It would be the first of 62 visits. Viewers came to embrace the Cleveland-born, Harvard- and University of Pennsylvania–educated Dr. Oz as "America's doctor"— Oprah

"he taught me everything I know about the omentum" - Oprah

Orpah had Dr Oz on her show more than 60 times before creating his own show, if that's not an endorsement of him, I don't know what is. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @13.1.11    2 years ago

"Orpah had Dr Oz on her show more than 60 times before creating his own show, if that's not an endorsement of him, I don't know what is."

moving-goalpost.gif

But it's not.

You lied.

Admit it.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @13.1.12    2 years ago
But it's not.

You lied.

Admit it.

But it is.

Endorsement noun: an act of giving one's public approval or support to someone or something.

I didn't lie, you just didn't understand the meaning of Endorsement.

Admit it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @13.1.13    2 years ago

No.

You lied.

and you also did this

moving-goalpost.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @13.1.13    2 years ago

I understand the meanings of words just fine.

Stop lying and go talk down to someone else now.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.1.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @13.1.16    2 years ago
go talk down to someone else now.  

Think of it as building word power or improving your vocabulary.  I'm happy to help.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @13.1.17    2 years ago

I don't go to pompous arrogant folks such as yourself for anything.  You or your buddy who voted you up.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.1.20  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @13.1.19    2 years ago
pompous arrogant

Shouldn't you insert a comma here?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
14  Tacos!    2 years ago

I guess people figure Oz can’t be a worse politician than he is a doctor.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
14.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tacos! @14    2 years ago
I guess people figure Oz can’t be a worse politician than he is a doctor.

But he still teaches surgery at Columbia University, what are they thinking?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
14.1.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @14.1    2 years ago

“…at Columbia University…”

…and where exactly in PA is that located?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
16  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

Silly, it’s where Obama went in NYC.

JBB
Professor Principal
16.1  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @16    2 years ago

The point remains that Dr Oz lives in New Jersey, teaches in New York but is running in Pennsylvania.

Whatever his qualifications once were they have now been tarnished by Oz attempting to profiteer off of Ivermectin and him buying into TRUMP'S BIG LIE...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
16.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @16.1    2 years ago
The point remains that Dr Oz lives in New Jersey, teaches in New York but is running in Pennsylvania.

Oh my, politics are supposed to be local.

JBB
Professor Principal
16.1.2  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @16.1.1    2 years ago

What in hell does that have to do with it?

Does being impertinent work in real life?

It doesn't go over well at all in The Bronx.

Or, anyfuckingwhere else, for the matter...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
16.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @16.1.2    2 years ago
What in hell does that have to do with it?

What the hell does what have to do with what?  I agreed that politics are supposed to be local. 

Does being impertinent work in real life?

I'm sorry if you find me rude.

It doesn't go over well at all in The Bronx.

I'm glad that you've got your gang activity under control.

Or, anyfuckingwhere else, for the matter..

It doesn't matter here.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
16.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  JBB @16.1    2 years ago
Dr Oz lives in New Jersey, teaches in New York but is running in Pennsylvania.

According to Wiki, he is registered to vote (somehow) at his in-laws’ address in Pennsylvania. Apparently, that’s all you need?

I don’t know: it’s a mystery to me why anybody in that state would vote for him for Senate, much less that he could even be eligible to run.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

How is that PA still hasn't finished counting ballots from last Tuesday?

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
17.1  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @17    2 years ago

This was already explained to you above.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @17.1    2 years ago

Explanation has been rejected.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
17.1.2  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.1.1    2 years ago

Reject it all you want, but I live here.  I know what's going on.  My county just started reviewing flagged ballots.  More citizens of Pennsylvania are using mail-in ballots than the Commonwealth estimated.  There is no extra money for overtime nor for hiring people to count the ballots.  This is the process the Republican legislature approved, and this is the product of that process and legislation.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @17.1.2    2 years ago
This is the process the Republican legislature approved, and this is the product of that process and legislation.

Which was un-Constitutionally undermined by Marc Elias lawsuits and judicial decisions in the election of 2020.

Tallies that take over a week to process causes the public to lose faith in the integrity of our elections.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
17.1.4  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.1.3    2 years ago

Well this is what the Republicans enacted so if it causes the public to lose faith, it's their fault.   Take it up with them.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @17.1.4    2 years ago

You're out in PA?  How would you like me to be sitting there as the custodian of all those ballots for over a week?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.1.5    2 years ago

What the hell does that have to do with anything Wishful just said?

Some days I worry for your health

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.1.6    2 years ago
What the hell does that have to do with anything Wishful just said?

Everything. 

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
17.1.8  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.1.5    2 years ago

It is what it is and the ballots are secure with the election bureaus of the various counties.  This the product of Republication legislation Act 77 which you can read online.  Right now McCormick is going to court to get ballots included in the tally that have been dismissed for defective dates so it's still going to be awhile before the results are known in such a close race, and then there will be recounts so just sit back and enjoy.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
17.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @17.1.8    2 years ago
Right now McCormick is going to court to get ballots included in the tally that have been dismissed for defective dates

Hopefully that will not work. There are rules for a reason and anyone who can't follow those rules shouldn't be voting in the first place..................at least by mail.

Ender
Professor Principal
17.1.10  Ender  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @17.1.8    2 years ago

So republicans are suing about their own laws?

Comical.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.1.7    2 years ago

No, it doesn't. You don't even live in PA so why don't you go back to bashing Biden since it's about the only thing you're good at

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
17.1.12  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @17.1.9    2 years ago

It's funny because this is the same issue that the Republicans sued about in 2020 saying that the misdated ballots should not be counted.  I don't remember the outcome because the number of ballots was so small that it wouldn't have impacted the election anyway, so I didn't really follow the case.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
17.1.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @17.1.12    2 years ago

That's why I don't understand this whack job wanting to count them. I think he is afraid if they don't he may lose. Hard telling what his motivation is

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
17.1.14  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @17.1.13    2 years ago

I think it's because the race is so close (last I checked it was less than 2,000 votes) that every mail in is needed for him to win (not that I think all of those ballots will be for him because I am sure they aren't).  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.1.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @17.1.8    2 years ago

In Plain English...It's a disgrace

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.1.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.1.11    2 years ago
so why don't you go back to bashing Biden

Why don't you go back to your haste-fests.  We are having a discussion here.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
17.1.17  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.1.15    2 years ago

I agree. If mail in ballots are able to be scanned in as they arrive, this wouldn't happen.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17.1.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @17.1.17    2 years ago

There you go!!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.1.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @17.1.16    2 years ago

bugger off

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
19  Wishful_thinkin    2 years ago

Here's a local article about the Republican Senate Primary in Pennsylvania.  This was published yesterday.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
19.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @19    2 years ago

We keep saying that ballots should be counted in a single day and you keep saying "Republicans."

Do we agree on how elections should be conducted?

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
19.1.1  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @19.1    2 years ago

All I can say is that mail in ballots should be scanned in as they come in so this wouldn't happen.  But, again, Republicans are in control of the legislature here, and they are the ones that need to change it, but they won't because they want mail in voting scrapped altogether. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
19.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @19.1.1    2 years ago

If you have it, it needs to be done right. I'm against it in general