╌>

Secret Service Have Been Gossiping About Trump's SUV Outburst for a Year: CNN

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  lemuel-g  •  2 years ago  •  27 comments

By:   Justin Baragona

Secret Service Have Been Gossiping About Trump's SUV Outburst for a Year: CNN
Two Secret Service sources told CNN that they heard about accounts similar to Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony in the months after Jan. 6—including from the driver himself.

According to two Secret Service sources, stories similar to ex-Trump aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s account—which she testified under oath was told to her by former Trump staffer and current Secret Service official Tony Ornato—circulated among agents in the months following the incident. One source, for instance, relayed that Trump profanely demanded to be driven to the Capitol and even “lunged forward” at one point.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

THE PLOT THICKENS

Days after the Secret Service pushed back on the stunning testimony that former President Donald Trump violently freaked out during a Jan. 6 presidential SUV ride, CNN reported on Friday that accounts of Trump lunging at his Secret Service agents have spread around the agency for the past year.

According to two Secret Service sources, stories similar to ex-Trump aide Cassidy Hutchinson's account—which she testified under oath was told to her by former Trump staffer and current Secret Service official Tony Ornato—circulated among agents in the months following the incident. One source, for instance, relayed that Trump profanely demanded to be driven to the Capitol and even "lunged forward" at one point.

"It was unclear from the conversations I had that he actually made physical contact, but he might have. I don't know," the source told CNN. "Nobody said Trump assaulted him; they said he tried to lunge over the seat— for what reason, nobody had any idea."

Another source who spoke to the SUV's driver, meanwhile, said that while he didn't hear about any physical altercation, he was told that Trump verbally berated his Secret Service detail after his Jan. 6 speech. According to Hutchinson, Trump yelled at his detail: "I'm the f-ing President. Take me up to the Capitol now!"

While not disputing that Trump demanded agents take him to the Capitol, a Secret Service official said earlier this week that Ornato denied telling Hutchinson the story, and Secret Service agent Bobby Engel—who was in the vehicle—refuted that Trump lunged at an agent or tried to grab the steering wheel.

The agency has also said that Engel and the driver are prepared to testify before the Jan. 6 House committee under oath. The credibility of Engel and Ornato, however, has come under question recently, as they've been described as Trump's "yes men" and at least one former Trump aide has called Ornato a known liar.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1  seeder  Revillug    2 years ago

The most fascinating story to come out of the Hutchinson's testimony is probably the least important.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Revillug @1    2 years ago

And the least likely to be true.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    2 years ago

Hedge that bet.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.1.2  seeder  Revillug  replied to  bbl-1 @1.1.1    2 years ago

Right? 

I place the odds at 50-50 with some version of it being true, possibly without the grabbing of the throat. Or with the grabbing of the throat. Why not?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Revillug @1.1.2    2 years ago

50-50?  Really?  We are talking about the man that in multiple interviews stated that he would date his daughter if he could.  And a couple of them when she was sitting right there.  No.  The man is paranoid psycopath.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.1.4  seeder  Revillug  replied to  bbl-1 @1.1.3    2 years ago
50-50?  Really?

We are talking about a story that seems to have gotten better with the retelling or with multiple versions of the story in circulation at the same time.

We are talking about the man that in multiple interviews stated that he would date his daughter if he could.  And a couple of them when she was sitting right there.  No.  The man is paranoid psycopath.

It's not  like I am going to disagree with this part of your comment.

Hopefully we will learn more about what happened. But right now we are in the realm of Schrodinger's Cat.

Is the cat alive? Is it dead? Is it even in the box?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2  Snuffy  replied to  Revillug @1    2 years ago

While it's not a major piece of her testimony, I think it is important.  If she lied about this small story,  I have a difficult time believing anything that she said.  There needs to be corroborating testimony from others who can back up the rest of her testimony IMO.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @1.2    2 years ago

She didn't lie about what was told to her.  SHE REPEATED WHAT SHE WAS TOLD

Those who are contradicting her testimony need to TESTIFY IN PUBLIC UNDER OATH LIKE SHE DID

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.2.2  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.1    2 years ago
She didn't lie about what was told to her.  SHE REPEATED WHAT SHE WAS TOLD

I think that is an accurate description.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.2.3  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Snuffy @1.2    2 years ago
I have a difficult time believing anything that she said.

This is why investigators and journalists need to run down the leads with multiple sources.

As this story is attempting to do.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.4  Snuffy  replied to  Revillug @1.2.2    2 years ago

Her testimony in this piece (Trump in the SUV lunging at the steering wheel and attacking a SS agent) was that she said she was told this by Ornato.  Right after her testimony it was reported that Ornato stated he never told her that story.  So is Ornato lying about not telling her the story or did she hear the story elsewhere and is lying about being told this by Ornato?   We don't fucking know the truth at this point, that's why there needs to be corroborating testimony to back it up.  

As for this story attempting to provide such corroborating evidence, it doesn't come close.  All it confirms is that Trump was very upset when told the agents were not taking him to the Capital.  Is Trump a POS and have a temper?  Yep, that's never been in dispute.  But that doesn't clear the issues with Hutchinson's testimony.  What is needed is to bring the two agents in, put them under oath and have them testify.  But I doubt that will happen as that really doesn't fit in with what the committee is really trying to do.  

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.2.5  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.4    2 years ago
that's why there needs to be corroborating testimony to back it up

Bring on the additional witnesses!

I can watch this car wreck all summer.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.2.6  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.4    2 years ago
Right after her testimony it was reported that Ornato stated he never told her that story.

Also, did he say it under oath?

Lying to the press is not a crime.

Lying to congress is.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.7  Snuffy  replied to  Revillug @1.2.6    2 years ago

Why don't you go back and re-read my comment, especially the second to last sentence.  A failure to comprehend what you are replying to is not a good look.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
1.2.8  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.7    2 years ago

Sometimes the best look is a belligerent Newstalker on my ignore list. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    2 years ago

Amazing.  Any time anything comes to light about Trump the 'little boot polishers' slither from the woodwork to say they are lying.

Huchinson was under oath.  She testified what she saw and what she heard from others.

Why doesn't Trump himself testify?  He can clear all of this up.  After all, the only reason any of this is happening is because of him.  Is he afraid?  Or is he simply incapable of presenting himself and his facts in an honest manner?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  bbl-1 @2    2 years ago
Huchinson was under oath.  She testified what she saw and what she heard from others.

Yes.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @2    2 years ago

Well, although Trump is apt to let the cat out of the bag if he testifies, as he did in his pandemic interview taped by Woodward where he admitted he delayed doing anything because he didn't want the public to panic, he could blurt out some real truths about Jan 6 but I would assume that, if he was entitled to do so, he would do nothing but plead the 5th because pretty well anything he says that would be the truth would most likely land him in jail.  However, hasn't he previously been described as having ALREADY told 20,000 lies?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.2.1  seeder  Revillug  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2    2 years ago
However, hasn't he previously been described as having ALREADY told 20,000 lies?

I've known a pathological liar or two. They are in this place where they cannot bring themselves to tell the truth when a perfectly good lie will do just as well. 

The lies tend to serve two purposes, and not always at the same time. One purpose is to reinforce their image of themselves to themself. They will tell you they graduated at the top of their class. If you don't question it they believe it is proof that they could have. The other purpose is to swindle people out of something one way or another. And sometimes both purposes are satisfied at the same time.

Trump is sort of an idiot savant of pathological lying.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Revillug @2.2.1    2 years ago
Trump is sort of an idiot savant of pathological lying

don't u mean

CULT LEADER ! cause that best describes his see NOthing EVER following him off the cliff 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.2.3  seeder  Revillug  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.2.2    2 years ago

They are not mutually exclusive.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.2.2    2 years ago

Oh, but they DO follow him 'off the cliff".

R-C.7e4b97368663ff8bbb71a8d861809336?rik=ftPTBWEvYa0jPA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.whatnowtoons.com%2fimages%2fDonald-Trump-Lemmings-what-now-549-Sm-color-720-dpi.jpg&ehk=T5XZsQShYLOu6jkkq9u6Z6253hLmjpy%2f1L12flK8%2flI%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2.5  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2    2 years ago

20,000 lies?  Probably.  But Trump avoids laying hand on the bible unless it is for protection or grift.

Hell, I'd like to see Trump testify under oath for 11 hours like HR Clinton did.  This too.  Her husband, Bill the president, was forced to have his penis photographed as evidence by Special Council Ken Starr and lead investigator Brett Kavanaugh.  The orange carp head that now dwells at Bedminster has no idea what a 'real investigation' entails.  He is one lucky SOB. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.2.6  seeder  Revillug  replied to  bbl-1 @2.2.5    2 years ago
But Trump avoids laying hand on the bible unless it is for protection or grift.

The one time I saw him holding a bible he was holding it upside down.

I think this means he is the anti-christ.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Revillug @2.2.6    2 years ago

LOL

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2.8  bbl-1  replied to  Revillug @2.2.6    2 years ago

No.  He is now and has always been a lying, cheating, grifter.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
2.2.9  seeder  Revillug  replied to  bbl-1 @2.2.8    2 years ago
He is now and has always been a lying, cheating, grifter.

Which makes him perfect for the part:

Little children, it is the last hour: and as you have heard that Antichrist cometh, even now there are become many Antichrists: whereby we know that it is the last hour.
— 1 John 2:18 Douay-Rheims

For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

— Matthew 24:24 and Mark 13:22 NRSV (1989)