╌>

West Point cadets being taught Critical Race Theory: report

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sparty-on  •  2 years ago  •  179 comments

By:   David Propper (New York Post)

West Point cadets being taught Critical Race Theory: report
West Point cadets are being taught elements of Critical Race Theory, according to a Fox News report from documents it obtained from Judicial Watch.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By David Propper

Back to Reading June 20, 20226:48pmUpdatedJune 20, 202211:43pm West Point cadets are being taught Critical Race Theory according to a new report. AP

The US Army has introduced Critical Race Theory to West Point cadets, new documents show, according to Fox News Digital.

The "woke" lessons ask cadets about whiteness while encouraging them to apply Critical Race Theory to their answers, according to documents obtained by Judicial Watch and given to Fox News.

The more than 600 documents were only handed over to Judicial Watch after the conservative organization sued the Department of Defense.

"Our military is under attack - from within," Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a press release.

"These documents show racist, anti-American CRT propaganda is being used to try to radicalize our rising generation of Army leadership at West Point."

According to Fox News, a slide that delved into "Whiteness" states: "In order to understand racial inequality and slavery, it is first necessary to address whiteness" and the "Take-for-grantedness of whiteness."

West Point cadets are being given lessons on "whiteness."REUTERS

The slide also claims whiteness "is a location of structural advantage, of race privilege," is "a standpoint or place from which white people look at themselves and the rest of society" and "refers to a set of cultural practices that are usually unmarked and unnamed."

Another slide addresses affirmative action and asks "Do you think Affirmative Action creates an environment for 'reverse discrimination? Use CRT to support your answer."

A slide also poses the question "how would you apply a tenant of CRT to this idea," referring to the difference between desegregation and integration.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton says "our military is under attack — from within."The Washington Post via Getty Images

In another slide, under Critical Race Theory, it states, "racism is ordinary" and "White Americans have primarily benefited from civil rights legislation."

An additional slide has a graphic that states "Modern Slavery in the USA" with accompanying statements that say black people are less likely than white people to have a college education, receive recommended medical screenings, receive a bank approval for a mortgage or get promoted at a job.

It also states black people are more likely than white people to live in poverty, be homicide victims or be incarcerated.

Fox News Digital wrote it reached out to DOD for comment on the documents but has yet to hear back.

Judicial Watch uploaded all the documents it obtained from its FOIA request in its press release.

A slide labeled "Educating Future Officers for the Modern Battlefield" states: "Regardless of personal views, future leaders need to understand arguments on controversial issues and need to be prepared to thoughtfully answer questions when Soldiers ask about topics in the news, such as Critical Race Theory (CRT)."

It also states "both CRT and criticisms of it as a theory comprise two lessons in one Social Sciences elective (non-core) course."

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sparty On    2 years ago

A good friends son just completed his second year at West Point and has decided resign because of this nonsense.   I’m working on getting him signed up for the Marine Corps PLC commissioning program.    

Hopefully they haven’t gone so woke yet.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @1    2 years ago

Well, we do have General Mark "Woke Warrior" Milley as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, No telling how far they will go until that bozo is gone.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  Sparty On @1    2 years ago

Best choice he could make - great recommendation.

Semper Fi.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  1stwarrior @1.2    2 years ago

Oorah!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @1    2 years ago
A good friends son just completed his second year at West Point and has decided resign because of this nonsense.

Why not just drop the ELECTIVE course in Social Sciences instead? 

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.3.1  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Dulay @1.3    2 years ago

Because then he couldn't use CRT as an excuse to quit when he's probably failing anyway.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.2  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.3.1    2 years ago

Not even a good guess.    He’s a great kid.    Like many cadets, not the top of his class but well above average.   He was excelling at West Point.

I’m sure he’ll make a great Marine officer if he chooses that direction.

The Army’s loss.    And he’s far from the only good cadet they are losing over this.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.3.3  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.2    2 years ago

Sure sure

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.4  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.3.3    2 years ago

Glad you agree, your approval is important .....

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.3.5  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.4    2 years ago

Believe what you want, but I was just humoring you [removed] 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.6  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.3.5    2 years ago

If you care to discuss the topic please feel free.     If you want to play sophomoric games go somewhere else.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.3.7  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.6    2 years ago

I believe I'll stay and make whatever comments I wish to. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.4    2 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @1.3.9    2 years ago

Bingo!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.11  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.6    2 years ago

Well since you made your friend's son a topic, perhaps you can answer my question. The FOIA request was only for training materials for 1st year cadets. Which means that your friend's son wasn't 'exposed' to any of it in his second year. So, he can't use it as an excuse for quitting in his SECOND year. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.12  Kavika   replied to  Dulay @1.3.11    2 years ago

I hope that he declared he was leaving before affirmation otherwise he is paying the military back for the two years of his education.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.14  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @1.3.11    2 years ago

Your understanding of what he was and wasn’t exposed to is sophomoric at best.    He’s living it.    You are not.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.15  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.3.12    2 years ago

Nope, not required to pay it back or so I’m told.    I thought they had to as well but let’s just call it two years of free college like so many on the left are pushing for.

Shouldn’t be a problem right?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.16  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.14    2 years ago
Your understanding of what he was and wasn’t exposed to is sophomoric at best.    He’s living it.    You are not.

Well, it's on YOU to clarify it then isn't it Sparty? You made him a topic AND an example. My comments are based on the FACTS from your seed, YOUR statements and the documents released by West Point. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.17  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @1.3.16    2 years ago

Well, I don’t “owe” you anything more that what has already been provided.    I could care less if you or anyone else here believes it or not. 

The kid is leaving WP for the reasons already stated.

Period.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.18  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.17    2 years ago
Well, I don’t “owe” you anything more that what has already been provided.

Well then you can't expect a level of understanding higher than the contradictory BS you've posted. 

I could care less if you or anyone else here believes it or not. 

How much less?

The kid is leaving WP for the reasons already stated. Period.

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.19  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @1.3.18    2 years ago

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.20  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.19    2 years ago
Your comments are usually just nonsensical, argumentative bullshit.    Nothing more.    This is just one more of those cases.    

Your desperate ad nauseam avoidance of providing any real support for your claims is antithetical to the purpose of this forum. Over and over again, you've proven yourself unwilling and unable to answer simple questions relevant to your claims. 

You post seeds yet refuse to conduct healthy and open discussions. 

SOSDD.

Keep going and I’ll show you.

Why not show me now Sparty? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.3.20    2 years ago
Your desperate ad nauseam avoidance of providing any real support for your claims is antithetical to the purpose of this forum.

Judicial Watch provided the evidence

Why not show me now Sparty? 

He did. IT'S IN THE FUCKING ARTICLE!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.22  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.15    2 years ago

My understanding was that it was always a year of service per year of schooling. Back in my day, cadets that dropped or flunked out were required to finish their obligated service requirement as enlisted. Ran across a few during my 20 years. Guess times have changed.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.23  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.21    2 years ago

Silence is the best way to deal with, angry, argumentative comments.    I forget that sometimes here.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.24  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.22    2 years ago

Yeah, maybe that was the way it was during the draft.    In my time, after the draft, i think it was one year of service or pay back the value.    Which few could do at that young age.

Pay back two full years of college on a whim ....

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.25  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.21    2 years ago
Judicial Watch provided the evidence

Really Vic? How about you cite the page that cites why Sparty's friend's son quit in his second year. 

He did. IT'S IN THE FUCKING ARTICLE!

There isn't anything in the FUCKING ARTICLE about how much less Sparty could care. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.26  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.22    2 years ago
Guess times have changed.

We are a kinder, gentler military now.  If a cadet leaves before Affirmation (after the 2 yr mark) they owe the military nothing, but if they choose to leave after Affirmation they must reimburse the military  for the cost of all of the training and education they received as a cadet.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.27  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @1.3.15    2 years ago
Nope, not required to pay it back or so I’m told.

So he quit before affirmation. 

I thought they had to as well but let’s just call it two years of free college like so many on the left are pushing for.

Well, you can push whatever narrative you desire, but what it really is is that he quit.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.28  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.3.27    2 years ago
So he quit before affirmation. 

Yes, as noted in post #1.

Well, you can push whatever narrative you desire, but what it really is is that he quit

The only “narrative” I’m pushing, is the truth.     Some folks just can’t handle the truth.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3.29  Split Personality  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.22    2 years ago

The Naval Academy dropped those rules a few years ago.

West Point now also allows a cadet to resign before starting a third year.

The student can transfer their credits to any accredited School.

Students can opt out between the end of year two and summer

and between 50 to 75 do every year for a litany of reasons.

Remember they are on average only 19 years old.

Before SA members start their third year they sign their warrants

triggering the payback clauses and the 5 year active duty, 3 year IRR obligations.

The threat of paying back $400K is a strong one to make sure they graduate.

Additionally their slot in their class remains vacant to the detriment of their class

and their nomination source, their Congressional House Rep or Senator

who arranged the "scholarship".

The nomination source can neither replace the student or nominate anyone else for 4 years. 

So the student won a 2 year scholarship and the nominator suffers the consequence.

That is why entry is so competitive. 

I would add, given the seeders comments that young man mentioned in comment one 

is doing himself a disservice.  It sounds like the young man just wants his " butter bars "

in the USMC.

Be careful what you wish for.

Hopefully he gets the best advice from a learned OSO. at Quantico.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.3.30  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @1.3.28    2 years ago
I thought they had to as well but let’s just call it two years of free college like so many on the left are pushing for. Shouldn’t be a problem right?

Sounds like you're pushing a narrative or pimping for 2 years of free college or a lame attempt at a sarcastic comment. Either way it has nothing that had to do with West Point and his quitting. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.31  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.3.30    2 years ago

Lol .... free college for everyone is the last thing I’m for.    Dumbest idea ever.    I’ve made that clear numerous times here.    

The only lame thing here is your lack of a sense of humor.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sparty On @1    2 years ago

We both know that entire statement is a lie. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.4.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.4    2 years ago

You don’t know jackshit on the topic.    Less than jackshit actually.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.4.2  devangelical  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.4    2 years ago

meh, the army is better off without that kind of dna in the ranks.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @1    2 years ago

It only took Susan Rice a year and a half.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I dont really agree that CRT or whatever it is they are complaining about should be taught at military academies, although West Point is a college and does teach courses non related to military endeavors. 

Nonetheless, what is incorrect about what the cadets are being taught about CRT ? 

In another slide, under Critical Race Theory, it states, "racism is ordinary"

It most certainly is. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago
I dont really agree that CRT or whatever it is they are complaining about should be taught at military academies, although West Point is a college and does teach courses non related to military endeavors.

The problem is that CRT has become the right wing boogyman.  Any discussion of racism is credited as CRT, even though CRT is a very specific subject matter. 

Most (if not all) of the articles seeded here about CRT being taught in schools, when you dig into them, are simple discussions about slavery or other historical events that can be construed as racism.  Not actual CRT at all, just some right wing parent throwing fits about their child being made aware that racism exists.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Ozzwald @2.2    2 years ago

The people who object to CRT are the same people who think we should leave up statues of Confederate generals because of their "historical" value. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.2.2  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.1    2 years ago

Damn John - how 'bout some of that r-r-r-e-e-e-a-a-a-c-c-c-h-h-h-h thing you're so damn good at, eh?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.1    2 years ago

You really had to stretch for that one didn't you.  I hope you didn't hurt yourself.

At any rate, I'm surprised you and the rest of those with "wokism" haven't set your hair on fire and started crying because institutions like West Point are still teaching tactics and techniques that were used by those very Confederate Generals.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.3    2 years ago

You have no discernible knowledge of the confederacy either. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.4    2 years ago

It's cute you think you know me that well.  I do know the history of some of tactics that are still used to this day my many US Military units.  Some come from the very enemies we fought.  Confederates, Nazi, North Korean, Russian, even Biden's favored group, the Taliban.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.5    2 years ago

Fire and maneuver techniques, in one form or another, that have been used throughout history, and are used by all major armies of today have been around and used since before the ancient Greeks.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.2.6    2 years ago

And if they are successful, they are implemented by those major armies of today.  

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.8  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.3    2 years ago

Who knew field strategies and tactics could be prejudicial, per se. Please elaborate more.  Also, there is this thing about knowing one's enemy.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2.9  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.3    2 years ago

He also is not taking into account that a large number of general officers in the CSA were in fact prior West Point grads and would have been taught said tactics and techniques and used them during the war.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.2.10  charger 383  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.2.9    2 years ago

I have heard General Lee graduated from West Point without ever getting a demerit

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2.11  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  charger 383 @2.2.10    2 years ago

That is correct.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

"What is incorrect"?

CRT is incorrect.

When they teach BS like this, how is it not correct.

It also states black people are more likely than white people to live in poverty, be homicide victims or be incarcerated.

So John, are there no white people living in poverty? Maybe we should be pissed Asians have a lower poverty rate than whites. How could that happen when whites benefit from the system so much?

Damn, whites are homicide victims as well. We should really be pissed off; we are higher on the chart than Hispanics/Latinos; and the infamous other race & unknown race combined. How can that be?

Whites aren't incarcerated? Sorry, couldn't find one by rate- but by total Whites are #1 . There is no Hispanic/Latino listed by the Federal Bureau of Prisons- must have gotten lumped in with Whites. I am sure they love that. Government must have done that to make Whites feel better (or worse) about themselves. 

I wish some White self hating idiot was around to try and cram CRT down my throat when I was growing up. I know the perfect neighborhood in Detroit to drop their ass off in to see how far their White privilege got them. I know it did me a lot of good getting chased by African Americans through the streets around Detroit. It earned my battered and broken body at least 5 or 6 free rides home from the police (they don't do that for just anyone you know/S)- who politely informed my family we shouldn't be living in the area we were. 

Last I heard West Point was about creating leaders; not social servants trying to coddle the emotional/racial worries of the troops under their command. I am sure CRT will make great tacticians, and leaders, out of all of them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3    2 years ago
So John, are there no white people living in poverty? Maybe we should be pissed Asians have a lower poverty rate than whites. How could that happen when whites benefit from the system so much?

Keep proving you dont know American history. 

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
2.3.2  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3    2 years ago

Where does it say black people are the ONLY people living in poverty, homicide victims or incarcerated?  Hint:  It doesn't.  It says MORE LIKELY.   Reading comprehension is a lost art apparently.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.3  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @2.3.2    2 years ago
It says MORE LIKELY.

True and the socioeconomic reasons for that have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that CRT was not taught at West Point.     Nor will it likely change that problem if it is.

Reading comprehension apparently isn’t the only thing being lost these days.   Good old basic comprehension for some seems to be missing more than a few teeth on those gears .....

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3    2 years ago
it did me a lot of good getting chased by African Americans through the streets around Detroit. It earned my battered and broken body at least 5 or 6 free rides home from the police

Yes, its true, there are many black Americans who have deep seated prejudices against whites due to how they had been treated for centuries, and clearly there are whites who have deep seated prejudice against blacks for how they got treated in majority black neighborhoods. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to overcome systemic prejudice.

are there no white people living in poverty?

Of course there are, but clearly not in the proportional amount as black Americans. Same with incarceration and homicide victims. It's not that those things don't occur within white communities, it's that there are stark differences proportionally. The fact is black Americans are far more likely to be stopped and searched, more likely to be arrested, more likely to be convicted and more likely to serve longer sentences than whites.

" African Americans are more likely than white Americans to be arrested; once arrested, they are more likely to be convicted; and once convicted, and they are more likely to experience lengthy prison sentences. African-American adults are 5.9 times as likely to be incarcerated than whites and Hispanics are 3.1 times as likely"

" blacks were 3.7 times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than whites in 2010, even though their rate of marijuana usage was comparable"

" Among youth, African Americans are 4.1 times as likely to be committed to secure placements as whites"

" probation officers are more likely to revoke people of color than whites for comparable behavior"

" Felony disenfranchisement rates for voting-age African Americans reached 7.4% in 2016—four times the rate of non-African Americans"

Report to the United Nations on Racial Disparities in the U.S. Criminal Justice System | The Sentencing Project

I get that some people who don't want their prejudices exposed who are apparently proud members of "white club" don't want anyone talking about 'white club'. They don't want CRT to be discussed, debated or taught because it exposes 'white club'. They may even tell their anecdotal tales of reverse racism they've experienced at the hands of black Americans to justify their own deep seated prejudice and racism. But none of that changes the fact that based on the numbers, based on the evidence, it is clear we still deal with systemic racism in our society and simply refusing to talk about it out of fear or embarrassment is clearly not going to fix it but will continue its legacy and its effect on all Americans.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.3.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3.4    2 years ago
I get that some people who don't want their prejudices exposed who are apparently proud members of "white club" don't want anyone talking about 'white club'. They don't want CRT to be discussed, debated or taught because it exposes 'white club'.

The first rule of White Club is: you do not talk about White Club.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
2.3.6  Duck Hawk  replied to  Ozzwald @2.3.5    2 years ago

lmao

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3.7  Ronin2  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3.4    2 years ago
I get that some people who don't want their prejudices exposed who are apparently proud members of "white club" don't want anyone talking about 'white club'.

[ Deleted ] First, you are assuming I am completely "White". As I have stated many times before on this site I am an American mutt. I have African American, Native American, Chinese, and Latino genes as well. A far larger percentage than certain Democrats do that use their "minority status" to get jobs and preferential treatment at Universities. Yes, I look European- my cursed Nordic and Germanic bloodlines. Nothing I can do about it. I really, really, want the US to start issuing racial identification cards. It would shut up so many damn people that it isn't even funny. I would sharpen the edges of mine to make sure it cut the fingers of any leftist racist idiots demanding to see it. 

They don't want CRT to be discussed, debated or taught because it exposes 'white club'. They may even tell their anecdotal tales of reverse racism they've experienced at the hands of black Americans to justify their own deep seated prejudice and racism.

We don't want CRT being taught because it is complete and utter bullshit. By calling my experience of being beaten up because of being "White" anecdotal- you are pretending it never happened and that it doesn't exist. Typical leftist response to anything that doesn't fit their all "Whites" are inherently racist BS. Let me throw another anecdotal response at you. What do you call a tall thin pasty white kid that was beaten up by any bully or gang that happened to be near; an African American Ranger that is black as midnight, 6'9 275 pounds worth of muscle, and specially train in HTH combat; and a Palestinian Muslim who is dark enough to be mistaken for being African American (he really, really hated when people called him that) who came from a strict Muslim family and attended only Islamic private schools up until college? Sounds like a bad joke. It took two years of playing on the same scrub basketball team- but we became best friends. So please pull the "claims to be friends with an African American" card. Hell throw in the Muslim/Arab card as well.

But none of that changes the fact that based on the numbers, based on the evidence, it is clear we still deal with systemic racism in our society and simply refusing to talk about it out of fear or embarrassment is clearly not going to fix it but will continue its legacy and its effect on all Americans.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Remember that? Think he would have espoused CRT? 

CRT prejudges people by the color of their skin instead of their character. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.8  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3    2 years ago
Last I heard West Point was about creating leaders; not social servants trying to coddle the emotional/racial worries of the troops under their command. I am sure CRT will make great tacticians, and leaders, out of all of them.

Leaders who can empathize with the social plight of those under their commands and treat them all with the appropriate respect will make better leaders than funky, narrow-minded bigots who sees lower ranks as places to express inequality or apply damning attitudes and behaviors this nation has APOLOGIZED for allowing to happen in the past. For example, we already have experience (got the t-shirts and all) with civil war. We should remember why we needed one. It's written down in history books and other topical books, study it, teach it, and see that another civil war won't be necessary for the SAME OR SIMILAR set of circumstances coming to be yet again.

And by the way, "creating leaders" means everybody in the military is a 'servant' to the person on the left or right of him or her. Don't try to separate that out, because MAGA likes to say it against ELITES. Then, don't try to make an 'elite' class now when it suits your purposes (in discussion).

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.9  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3    2 years ago
I wish some White self hating idiot was around to try and cram CRT down my throat when I was growing up. I know the perfect neighborhood in Detroit to drop their ass off in to see how far their White privilege got them. I know it did me a lot of good getting chased by African Americans through the streets around Detroit. It earned my battered and broken body at least 5 or 6 free rides home from the police (they don't do that for just anyone you know/S)- who politely informed my family we shouldn't be living in the area we were. 

Excuse me but what the "h" does your anecdotal story/ies have to do with the racism throughout the history of this country?

And I take strong exception to you writing to JR here on NT about someone being a "white hating idiot," because I am under the impression the supposed point of MAGA criticism of CRT is somebody is trying to make MAGA feel guilty about the past-but, you dare to try to "white-shame" JR?

Uh-uh. You ain't getting away with that here! I, we, are not going to allow it!

Let me tell you something, if conservatives don't want to be told about what the indignities and wrongs of the past, then make a better today and a better tomorrow. You don't get to grandstand and tell me, JR, or any other liberal what the F they can talk about that is factual recorded history.

Don't get it twisted, Ronin. Dumb down your 'class' if they will let you, but know this when they come out and about reality and real history will cold-cock them all individually and collectively!

Come back!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.3.10  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3    2 years ago
When they teach BS like this, how is it not correct.

[deleted,] lay out your semester/semester lesson plan for a history class covering the civil war to WW2.

I wanna see week/week/day/day schedules for exactly what you are gonna teach and how you are gonna teach it. I need daily lesson plans, literally daily.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3.11  Ronin2  replied to  CB @2.3.8    2 years ago

You think the Chinese and Russians are teaching this BS to their troops/officers?

Maybe the Russians are teaching how best to avoid having a competent military; and where the best places to get Vodka and drugs.

What about the Chinese? I am sure compassion and for racial differences is really high on their list./S

And by the way, "creating leaders" means everybody in the military is a 'servant' to the person on the left or right of him or her. Don't try to separate that out, because MAGA likes to say it against ELITES. Then, don't try to make an 'elite' class now when it suits your purposes(in discussion).

Wow, where the fuck did you come up with that one? I know many people in the military at all various ranks. The grunts are expected to follow the orders of their superiors, period. There is a brotherhood between the grunts; but they are never allowed to forget who is in charge- and respect for those of a higher rank. Even the ones they can't stand. Grunts don't give a shit about who jumps in the hole with them; only if they can shoot straight, don't crack under duress, and are willing to fight until they drop. They expect even more out of the officers.

You need to learn about the military chain of command. The second it is lost the US is done as a world super power.

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.12  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3.11    2 years ago
You think the Chinese and Russians are teaching this BS to their troops/officers?

When do you give a damn about Russia or China and when did either country have the diversity of this country? As far as fighting goes, CRT won't stop you from biting off the heads of your enemies and spitting down their throats. Don't even try deflecting to Russia and China.

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.13  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3.11    2 years ago
Wow, where the fuck did you come up with that one? I know many people in the military at all various ranks. The grunts are expected to follow the orders of their superiors, period. There is a brotherhood between the grunts; but they are never allowed to forget who is in charge- and respect for those of a higher rank. Even the ones they can't stand. Grunts don't give a shit about who jumps in the hole with them; only if they can shoot straight, don't crack under duress, and are willing to fight until they drop. They expect even more out of the officers.

It goes without saying that there is a military hierarchy coupled with good order and discipline. That does not mean that all in the service are servants to the country. I don't know why the "h" you are needing the servant aspect of military life spelled out for you in long-hand. But, I guess it is the combative nature of MAGA to just argue for arguing sake.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.3.14  Kavika   replied to  Ronin2 @2.3.11    2 years ago

Whatever the Russians are teaching them isn't working considering that they are suffering a huge amount of casualties, both human and equipment against an undermanned, outgunned opponent.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3.15  Ronin2  replied to  CB @2.3.9    2 years ago
Excuse me but what the "h" does your anecdotal story/ies have to do with the racism throughout the history of this country?

What the fuck does CRT have to do with history? You do realize that those it is being taught to weren't even fucking alive right? We are not responsible for anything those that came before us did. We cannot change it; fix it; and damn well aren't going to pay reparations for it. CRT claims that I benefited from the system? Fuck anyone believing that shit! Along with those assholes that keep repeating "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

[Deleted] I hated that asshole for blaming me for him being forced to move from Detroit to take a lesser job in the same company in GR. I still have the scars both internal and external from that time. I can't be in  a large group of people w/o making sure I have firm hold of both my collapsible batons in my pockets. Yes, I am the life of any party. I have less and less use for people as I get older. You jsut reaffirmed why.

And I takestrongexception to you writing to JR here on NT about someone being a "white hating idiot," because I am under the impression the supposed point of MAGA criticism of CRT is somebody is trying to make MAGA feel guilty about the past-but, you dare to try to "white-shame" JR? Uh-uh. You ain't getting away with that here! I, we, are not going to allow it!

We don't feel guilty about a past that we had no control over. We don't appreciate a bunch of leftist assholes that have played the racist card several thousand times too many. You are damn right; we aren't going to allow it. It ends now. Your shit will not stand!

Let me tell you something, if conservatives don't want to be told about what the indignities and wrongs of the past, then make a better today and a better tomorrow. You don't get to grandstand and tell me, JR, or any other liberal what the F they can talk about that is factual recorded history.

I have a bachelors in history. I love history. What I won't stand for is history based on race. That goes for those that would omit the bad things whites have done. You think teaching CRT will gulf the chasm of racism? It will only create more racists on both sides.

Don't get it twisted, Ronin. Dumb down your 'class' if they will let you, but know this when they come out and about reality and real history will cold-cock them all individually and collectively! Come back!

'Dumb down'? We aren't the ones pretending CRT is legitimate history! As for the rest of your rant- when fucking leftists want to go for it they will find not everyone are willing victims like those in Democrat run bastions of stupidity. 

So get lost!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3.16  Ronin2  replied to  Kavika @2.3.14    2 years ago

Read my full comment. 

I wasn't complementary of the Russian military in any way.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.3.17  Kavika   replied to  Ronin2 @2.3.16    2 years ago

I did and I know.

BTW, who are your people?

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.18  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3.15    2 years ago
'Dumb down'? We aren't the ones pretending CRT is legitimate history! As for the rest of your rant- when fucking leftists want to go for it they will find not everyone are willing victims like those in Democrat run bastions of stupidity. 

Taking for granted that your predecessors are relevant to the founding on this country, then it is inescapable you are standing figuratively on their shoulders as the saying goes. You can argue till the 'proverbial cows come home' for the day.

Had this country, Virginia and the other colonial states, not instituted slave policies (based on race) and after civil war reconstruction era "Jim Crow" laws (based on race) and policing policies (based on race), and essentially needing separate civil rights law (based on race), then some of your white ancestry would not be tainted by the shit they are today. Even worse, your participation in MAGA - MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is a tell.

Many of you MAGA love to profess things have gotten better in race relations in this country in the last 50 years. Some MAGA conservatives love to single out the last 50 years as a 'go to.'  But, answer me this:

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN - MAGA is not about the last fifty years of diversity in this country. So what precisely would a MAGA like you want to tell me, us, about what "again" you want to be?

Oh and by the way, diversity is a 'hairy nodule of the butt of a wildebeest' for which MAGA forswears against it. And pitches fits over.

So yes, you can protest, bitch and moan, stand up in your stirrups, kick the goads, all you want. History is prologue. Your inherited their history, as future generations will inherit whatever MAGA causes to occur 'now.'

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.19  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3.15    2 years ago

Oh and btw when this country celebrates July 4th, Thanksgiving, Presidents Day, and so forth it is all a recognition each year to what came before! So deal with it, you and me, we have no other choice but to remember what/who came before! And we have not even started talking about the hundreds of years of free labor where the slaves were only giving 'room and board' and 'sloppy seconds' to eat and dwell up under. Always with the understanding that they did not, could not, would not be allowed to prosper on their own.

Had a proper wage scale been set up; had schools been for all children- black and white and others, this country would not have a "f-up" legacy to try to hide in plain sight.

Alas, local, state, and national oppressions, plural, did happen. And oppression happened in our military too. And now we have the oppression of girls and women staring us down (MAGA-style).

If you take credit for the good things in the country's past, you have no choice but to take credit for the bad things in the past too! And there is no way you can ignore the good things that brought this country up to today!

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.3.20  MonsterMash  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3.4    2 years ago
It is clear we still deal with systemic racism in our society and simply refusing to talk about it out of fear or embarrassment is clearly not going to fix it but will continue its legacy and its effect on all Americans.
Growing up I lived through true systemic racism. Trust me when I tell you, it is real. The problem is it is not coming from white people.

American black culture was born out of rebellion and resistance towards an unfair system at that time. Yet, it has failed to change with the changes in society. It's not a culture that can mix with other cultures because it is, 
by design, rebellious and resistant.

Everything from language to appearance is almost the direct opposite of "white culture" for lack of a better term.

Asking white people to accept or adapt to the American black culture is not practical or even possible because it is in direct conflict and geared to rebel against white people. 

This really isn't hard to understand. In American black culture, white people are the enemy from the start. That has to change before anything else can. 

Naturally, a culture that is inherently rebellious is not sustainable, even for its own people. Once the rest of society distances itself from the culture, the same rebellious qualities will turn inward toward each other because that is all you know. 

They are right about a systemic problem, but they are looking to make changes in the wrong place.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.3.21  JBB  replied to  MonsterMash @2.3.20    2 years ago

The same lies were once told about Jews, Gypsies and Gays.

Remember?

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.22  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3.4    2 years ago

Moreover, we have an obvious case of oppressive CONSERVATIVE men and women in the news today. Just look at how MAGA is screwing over girls and women. I mean really?

A girl, a woman, the female species is being literally compelled to have babies they don't want; quit jobs they love, and stay home with all the "peripherals" that become the things to do when you are not allowed to 'labor' at a job or career.

And don't get me started on girls and women being told to excuse me women for being so graphic-'take one or several for the team' and have a 'team' baby (AKA: Rape.)

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.23  CB  replied to  MonsterMash @2.3.20    2 years ago

First, for the love of NT, can you stop mixing your quoted material with your comments. The 'back and forth' comparisons are additional effort. Second, black people are not doing a damn thing to MAGA conservatives, except not deferring to live like MAGA people. There are no parts of the country where blacks are moving out and away to get away and SEGREGATE from White people. And there are few, if any could get away with it anyway, black banks that are secretly 'red-lining' white first time homeowners, and there are not significant numbers if any of blacks who would not sale or rent a home to whites in order to "preserve" the community "standard."

So you can stop this slander that blacks are terrorizing whites right here and now.

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.24  CB  replied to  MonsterMash @2.3.20    2 years ago
Naturally, a culture that is inherently rebellious is not sustainable, even for its own people. Once the rest of society distances itself from the culture, the same rebellious qualities will turn inward toward each other because that is all you know.

Naturally?! Have you lost your mind? How dare you write such blatant and incendiary crap online about some other group of people! And I know who the "you" is in your stupid comment.

In fact, Black people were getting along fine in this country, advancing normally, and intermarrying, until some racists whites got it into their minds to turn them into human 'drones' and 'beasts' and assorted misfits-starting in Virginia and migrating to all parts west of the Atlantic Ocean.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.25  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3.4    2 years ago
Yes, its true, there are many black Americans who have deep seated prejudices against whites due to how they had been treated for centuries,

Nope. It's based on what progressives have told them.

It's easy to blame one's lot in life on "racism."  LBJ told us didn't he?  "I'll have those n*****s voting Democratic for 200 years.”

Please note that progressives all over the internet are trying to deny he said it. They call themselves "fact checkers." They are liars.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.3.26  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.25    2 years ago

Vic, I thought that we had already come to the understanding that you lack the experience and empathy to opine about black people. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.3.27  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.25    2 years ago

So, in your opinion blacks cannot think for themselves and don't understand how horrible/inhumane slavery was. An amazing ignorant comment and thought process on your part. 

It's easy to blame one's lot in life on "racism."  LBJ told us didn't he?  "I'll havethose n*****s voting Democratic for 200 years.”

LBJ also said this:

President Lyndon B. Johnson once said, “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

Thank you for your expertise on being black. /s

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.28  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.25    2 years ago

The ridiculousness and ignorance about people, statements, context, and era is astounding. MAGA is broken and somehow it still won't politically die. I would explain a great many things about LBJ to you, but why? You would choose to continue with this level of ridiculousness and ignorance anyway.

[This stands. Comments critical of the MAGA mindset have been up for several days.  If they were off topic, the seeder should have flagged them then. It is too late to declare them off topic now.]

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.29  CB  replied to  Kavika @2.3.27    2 years ago

MAGA chooses to be fools that take blanket statements out of their context and use them as a pretext for political combat. We can't stop them, unfortunately. Because surely it has been my experience that once MAGA locks onto a point. . . they can not help but continue the manipulation and abusive use of it.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.3.30  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.25    2 years ago
Nope.  It's based on what progressives have told them.

That is insane.  It's normal for the reactionaries on this website to say some crazy, ignorant shit, but that one is a real standout.  It's right in line with the reactionary propaganda that the slaves were happy.

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.31  CB  replied to  Gsquared @2.3.30    2 years ago
It's right in line with the reactionary propaganda that the slaves were happy.

Because surely Africans were too dumb to know what proper freedom was, even though they were observing MAGA-styled whites of yesterday all around them exhibiting proper freedom as they conducted large-scale businesses and came and went as they sought fit. All the while, if a slave did the same - police and 'patrollers' were hot on their 'tails.'

It must be nice (or ridiculous) to wear blinders 24/7.  /s

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.3.32  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @2.3.27    2 years ago

What many people do not or cannot realize is that racism knows no boundaries of color, creed, or religion and it has been everywhere since the dawn of recorded history. It is not solely focused on one skin color as some would have others believe. That is why I personally cannot buy into the teachings of CRT today. Racism is and always has been a horrible thing and should be stamped out wherever it is found. I myself am of multi ethnic background that is best left for another time. I spent my entire childhood and teenage years exposed to it growing up in a small rural town on the AZ/Mexico border.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.3.33  Kavika   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.3.32    2 years ago

The history of the US is that of one where white has suppressed anyone of color, be they black, brown, red, or yellow, and passed laws to ensure that the white viewpoint and power structure would remain in place. That is why there was a civil rights movement in the US. If cadets at West Point can't handle an elective course on CRT what in the hell kind of leader are they going to be in the future? Perhaps the cadet (s) might learn something about the history of some of the people that he will be commanding or be commended by in the future. 

When a group of people is suppressed because of the color of their skin they are going to react in the same way.

I myself am of multi ethnic background that is best left for another time. I spent my entire childhood and teenage years exposed to it growing up in a small rural town on the AZ/Mexico border.

Yeah and I'm a NA that grew up next to a ''sundown town'' in northern MN. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.35  CB  replied to  Split Personality @2.3.34    2 years ago

A most excellent read at your linked article. 

In Texas as in the rest of the country Mexicans and Latinos have been written out of history, which is the topic of another essay [2013] .

I pulled out this from itku+klux+klan.jpg

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.36  CB  replied to  Kavika @2.3.33    2 years ago
Perhaps the cadet (s) might learn something about the history of some of the people that he will be commanding or be commended by in the future. 

Racism is a disease. And it is especially a bad disease in a country that wants to pride itself of being 'beyond' its sickness. That its disease is pervasive the world over means we, the billed, " EXCEPTIONAL" nation, should deplore it and seek to pull it up by its root! Instead we have this "understanding" that racism should flourish because it has always been around. This nation attempted to empty itself of the disease of racism. . . and MAGA took off, or never bothered to put on a mask, to help rid us. Instead, we are headed toward more racial disease MAGA-inflicted.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.3.37  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.3.21    2 years ago
Remember?

I remember:

Gypsies, tramps, and thieves
We'd hear it from the people of the town
They'd call us gypsies, tramps, and thieves
But every night all the men would come around
And lay their money down

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.3.38  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @2.3.36    2 years ago
Instead we have this "understanding" that racism should flourish because it has always been around
.Maybe you have that understanding but the vast majority of Americans don't share it.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.3.39  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.3.37    2 years ago

Because the Nazis killing Jews, Gypsies and gays is funny to you?

original

CB
Professor Principal
2.3.40  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.3.38    2 years ago

Blah, blah, and so many mo' words.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago
Nonetheless, what is incorrect about what the cadets are being taught about CRT ? 

Just about everything, John.  Here:

"New documents released through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) show that the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is instructing its cadets on “Critical Race Theory,” and “queer theory” and teaching that “Whiteness” entails structural advantages and race privilege.

On Monday the conservative government transparency watchdog group Judicial Watch  released  copies of documents it recently obtained through FOIA requests, showing various educational materials being presented to cadets at West Point.

Included in the documents released to Judicial Watch was a course description for a three-credit course titled “The Politics of Race, Gender, and Sexuality.” Among the course materials is the third edition of Jean Stefancic and Richard Delgado’s work “Critical Race Theory: An Introduction,” which is one of the founding works on the controversial critical race theory. The course description states that classes will “serve as an introduction to the theoretical concepts of post-modernism” including “a focus on feminist theory, critical race theory, and queer theory.”

“Finally, the class will consider how the contemporary issues that relate to race, gender, and sexuality apply to the army and how they impact the army officer,” the course description concludes.
Another set of materials obtained by Judicial Watch includes a presentation  slide  that instructs students that “in order to understand racial inequality and slavery, it is first necessary to address whiteness.” The slide further states that “Whiteness” is a “standpoint or place from which white people look at themselves and the rest of society,” and refers to “a set of cultural practices that are usually unmarked and unnamed.”

Another presentation  slide  on Critical Race Theory (also referred to as CRT) states that the theory “grows out of the field of law and studies the way that racism is built into and reproduced through the institutions that organize everyday life.”

Another  slide  is titled “By The Numbers” and includes a graphic titled “Modern Day Slavery.” The slide describes disparities in education and employment opportunities and in the criminal justice system. The slide states:

Blacks are more likely than whites to:

Live below the poverty line

Be victims of homicide (6:1)

Be incarcerated (8:1)

And

Blacks are less likely than whites to:

Have a college education

Receive recommended medical screening tests

Receive bank approval for a housing mortgage

Own their own homes

Receive a job promotion

Another  presentation  is titled “Education and Work Inequality.” The presentation includes a slide with a text box titled “‘Race and the Invisible Hand’ How White Networks Exclude Black Men from Blue-Collar Jobs.” Another slide in the presentation asks students “Do you think Affirmative Action creates and [sic] environment for ‘reverse discrimination?’ Use CRT to support your answer.” The presentation includes yet another slide titled “Conundrums of Integration” and asks students “What is the difference between desegregation versus integration? How would you apply a tenant [sic] of CRT to this idea?”

The release of these West Point course documents comes as primarily Republican lawmakers have raised concerns about service academy students and military service members being instructed on racially charged and divisive subjects.

Last year, several Republican lawmakers objected to the inclusion of Ibram X. Kendi’s book “How to Be an Antiracist” being included on the Navy’s official reading list. The lawmakers said the book promoted using discrimination as a corrective measure for past racial inequity, with such passages as “the only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination, the only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination” and “if discrimination is creating equity, then it is antiracist.” The Navy has  removed Kendi’s book from its reading list  this year following criticisms about its inclusion on last year’s list."

Anyone who voted for Joe Biden is complicit in this evil.

CB
Professor Principal
2.4.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.4    2 years ago

That is full of bull crap. You condemn much while admitting nothing of the hardships and inequalities the conservatives in the majority consistently and unrelentingly perpetrate throughout the system. No one should trust the words that come from a MAGA mouth any further than they can vet it thoroughly. Why? Because the lies and the political spin and propaganda all overflows in MAGA.

MAGA conservatives don't want anything to progress, beyond their twisting of reality to suit themselves.

MAGA is a great evil in this country. And I pray with all my heart that such 'filth' and stench would die a sudden political death.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.4.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.4    2 years ago

What is inaccurate on the referenced slides?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.4.3  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.4    2 years ago
Anyone who voted for Joe Biden is complicit in this evil.

Actually Vic, the “The Politics of Race, Gender, and Sexuality" course was introduced in 2017 under TRUMP. 

Want proof? Here you go, page 8:

Diversity Minor Curriculum Committee (Jan 2018).pdf (dropbox.com)

So, based on YOUR standard, anyone that voted for TRUMP is complicit in 'this evil'. 

Glad I could refute that despicable attempt at gaslighting. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.4.4  Split Personality  replied to  Dulay @2.4.3    2 years ago

CB
Professor Principal
2.4.5  CB  replied to  Split Personality @2.4.4    2 years ago

And here is WHY this "standing O'" is appropriate. From Dulay's provided link @2.4.3:

Describe the rational for the Change(s). This memorandum recommends general academic requirements and specific courses for an academic minor in Diversity and Inclusion Studies at USMA. It proposes taht a Diversity and Inclusion Studies Minor is justified for the following reasons: It

1) readies future leaders for the Army's needs;

2) answers a strong faculty interest;

3) aligns with peer and aspirant institutions;

4) answers a robust cadet interest.

5) aligns with changing cadet demographics;

6) advances interdisciplinary studies;

7) buttresses the Superintendent's Strategic Imperative;

2: Foster Relevance and Preeminence by building and sustaining diverse and effective teams.

First, the ability to lead in today's Army requires an understanding of the diverse nature of American and coalition soldiers and civilians as well as the complexity of issues associated with different groups, races, ethnicities, cultures, religions, and social classes, among many other demographic factors associated with diversity. Research indicates diverse teams are better able to tackle complex problems, and we want West Point graduates and we want West Point gradates to be well-prepared as possible to lead such units. 

Second, West Point faculty have, since 2003, stood up and populated a Diversity Committee. This committee reflects the keen and substantive interest in diversity and inclusion issues that many Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) faculty have developed. Moreover, numerous departments at West Point already support a range of diversity courses.

Despite this, West Point lags far behind peer and aspirant institutions in terms of coherently organizing and supporting scholarly diversity and inclusion programs. Most of our peer and aspirant institutions offer specialized graduate degrees and undergraduate majors/minors in such areas as American Studies; African-American Studies; Hispanic Studies; Native American Studies; LGBTQ Studies; Religious Studies; Women’s and Feminist Studies; Childhood Studies, or others.

Addressing our institutional shortcoming is our third justification, and it would allow us to take the lead in diversity and inclusion studies. None of our compare institutions offer an overarching, general Diversity Studies major, although a number of non-peer/aspirant (mostly smaller) schools offer specific Diversity Studies Minors. The proposed minor stands with and in some cases above these examples in terms of breadth and depth and the focus on inclusion.

Fourth, West Point cadets and graduates continue to express a strong interest in pursuing diversity and inclusion topics.

Fifth, West Point has diversified considerably in recent years and now has increased representation of racial/ethnic minorities and women. These groups,as well as non-minority cadets,have historically expressed interest in diversity studies.

Sixth, as West Point moves toward greater interdisciplinary studies, through the Network Science and Terrorism minors, as well as through several mixed engineering minors, a Diversity and Inclusion Studies Minor provides a hub that facilitates interest and sets a new precedent for a shared coordination of an interdisciplinary minor and more general interest.

Finally, as part of the USMA Strategic Plan 2017-2022, the DISM leverages diversity and fosters inclusion to prepare leaders of character the capability to effectively lead in a multicultural Army. By overtly acknowledging and enhancing the critical study of diversity and inclusion, the DISM minor buttresses this imperative. Today’s officer must learn to appraise  diverse operational environments and recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in experience and thought. These are necessary components of any successful leadership endeavor. The DISM will help the Army’s future leaders appreciate, value, and manage difference and inclusivity (both within their teams and external to them).

There is not a damn thing in this curricular to 'bitch and moan' about in MAGA-land. And yet, MAGA is doing what MAGA does- bitch and moan unrelentingly and they will never willingly let it go-until they dilute this program into ineffectiveness or hound it out of existence.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     2 years ago

West Point Cadets Being Taught Critical Race Theory: 

Great!!!!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Kavika @3    2 years ago

Putin Approves!

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1    2 years ago
Putin Approves!

I'm sure that he probably approves of you the great Commie fighter. /s

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.2  CB  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    2 years ago

Any thing that does not meet the MAGA sub-standard of approval is communist. /s  

So pathetic. Non-stop. These. . .people who say this stuff. . .simply won't die out. I have been hearing versions of this 'theme' used in politics my whole life. Uninterrupted. It has been a good way to make a living/career for conservatives on both sides of the political spectrum.

Why do we have to deal with this 'it' in life. Why (GOD)?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @3.1.2    2 years ago
Why do we have to deal with this 'it' in life.Why (GOD)?

If you find it upsetting, don't read it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4  devangelical    2 years ago

cool, time to get the white supremacist indoctrinated kids up to speed. the rwnj cadets that are so offended can resign, since most american patriots in a few years will probably be shooting at them, super thumpers, and the rest of the losers that reneged on their oaths to defend the constitution and instead chose to defend a christo-fascist autocracy.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4    2 years ago

Gee, if left-wing rabid dogs had half the balls you seem to have hiding behind your keyboard, imagine what all you could accomplish together!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @4    2 years ago

Bunch of bloviating BS

I got along fine with Blacks and Hispanics during my time in the Air Force. I get along with just about everyone today. I guess I was raised to not hate and judge based on externals. What happened to make you so angry and unhinged?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2    2 years ago

Haters gotta hate Greg ..... it’s hardwired into them

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @4.2.2    2 years ago
I think a Christian was nice to him. That can really wreck some folks.

I wasn't molested as a child...

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.4  bugsy  replied to  devangelical @4.2.3    2 years ago

So as an adult?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.2.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @4.2.3    2 years ago

That’s wonderful.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

Far more important things need to be taught to cadets than garbage like CRT.  I'm pretty sure not a single service member (enlisted or officer) give a flying fuck about any of that when they are planning to destroy the enemy.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    2 years ago

If we let this nonsense pervade institutions like West Point, we are well and truly screwed.  

Spawning racial divisiveness has no place in the US military let alone anywhere else.

None of the bigots and racists here or anywhere else are going to convince me otherwise.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sparty On @5.1    2 years ago
Spawning racial divisiveness has no place in the US military let alone anywhere else

Which is sad given the military is one of the first institutions to desegregate.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @5.1    2 years ago

It's not just West Point. CRT BS is sleeping into Annapolis as well. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.3  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1.2    2 years ago

Yeah, I suspect it is.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
5.1.4  Duck Hawk  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.1    2 years ago

True, however the fact is that the Marine Corps was the last service branch to desegregate. Unfortunately Gen. Puller probably had a lot to do with the delay.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Thankfully this bullshit woke-ism wasn't around 80 years ago or we probably would have lost WW2

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Greg Jones @6    2 years ago
Thankfully this bullshit woke-ism wasn't around 80 years ago or we probably would have lost WW2

Woke: adjective - alert to injustice in society, especially racism.

By definition, the allies who fought injustice and racism were the first wave of "woke". Sadly right wing fascism is rearing its ugly head once again ridiculing and dismissing those who continue to fight against that same injustice. Anti-Semitism, anti-lgtbq, anti-democracy, an authoritarian attempting to use his shit brown shirts to overturn a free and fair election because he lost, these were all things we thought we had defeated back then but now true Americans are having to fight against this evil in our own county.

I have no doubt many right wing conservative Christians here in America would love to lock up lgtbq's, atheists, Jews, Muslims, anyone who doesn't conform to their right wing Christian conservative ideology, just like we saw happen over 80 years ago in Germany and it took all the "woke" countries to stand up to those deplorable fascists and fight for individual rights and freedom  even though those fascists had "Gott Mit Uns!" (God is with us!) emblazoned on their belts and helmets. Just because some believe God is on their side does not automatically make them right.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1    2 years ago

“…now true Americans are having to fight against this evil in our own county.”

Well said and sad but true.

The faux ‘patriotism’ so easily shouted and so recklessly employed is the greatest danger we face. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.2  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1    2 years ago
I have no doubt many right wing conservative Christians here in America would love to lock up lgtbq's, atheists, Jews, Muslims, anyone who doesn't conform to their right wing Christian conservative ideology, just like we saw happen over 80 years ago in Germany

Many huh?     Just like Germany eh?

Wow .... that is some really scary stuff there

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.3  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  afrayedknot @6.1.1    2 years ago

So true, beware of faux “patriots” judging others patriotism.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.3    2 years ago
So true, beware of faux “patriots” judging others patriotism.

There are of course signs that someone isn't a true patriot. Faux patriots are those who profess allegiance to an individual rather than the country or constitution. They are those who fly flags with their leaders name or image on it or defeated traitor flags and symbols. They are those who embrace prejudice, those who follow populist leaders in their attempt to cling to power by attacking our system of government and the constitutionally mandated peaceful transfer of power. And they are those who defend and deflect for those scum faux patriot insurrectionists downplaying the seriousness of their crimes.

2021-02-03T193848Z_1140185833_RC27LL9DXQIO_RTRMADP_3_USA-TRUMP-CAPITOL-RICO.jpg?resize=1200%2C630

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.5  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.4    2 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.3    2 years ago

We saw an example of it when they burned down a church and were only yards away from the White House.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.7  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.6    2 years ago

Their definition of “patriot” unfortunately.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.9  CB  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @6.1.8    2 years ago

With flames streaming down your face, you fixed your lips the other day on an article to call for a new civil war, whom do MAGA have in mind of waging attacks against? S-P-E-L-L It Out! Or just provide a list!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.10  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @6.1.8    2 years ago

Reality will fix this in the end.     Much to the consternation of the keyboard warriors and propaganda pushing piggies here.

Hallux
PhD Principal
7  Hallux    2 years ago

Meh, put your socks back on ... Chapter 1 is Critical Race Theory and Chapter 2 is Critical Replacement Theory ...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Hawley : Who can have babies?

Berkeley professor: Everyone!

Hawley: Really?

Berkeley professor: You’re a murderer.

This is the shit that is being taught.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 years ago

Many poorly educated morons believe gender is something that is set in stone from the moment you're born and what is "natural" can never change. Of course nature doesn't give a fuck about what those close minded likely religious conservatives believe, like a honey badger, nature don't care.

Do any right wing conservatives know what gender a clown fish is? I doubt many know since it clearly goes against their religious beliefs.

" Clownfish all begin life as male, but can all carry both female and male reproductive organs . In any given community, the female is the largest fish , the breeding male is the second-largest and the rest are sexually immature males. These immature males can turn into females if the alpha female dies ."

What 'Finding Nemo' Got Right and Wrong About Clownfish (businessinsider.com)

The Berkley professor was right, a transgender male like Elliot Page can get pregnant unless they have surgically removed their reproductive organs, and dumb fuck Hawley rejecting their existence and dehumanizing transgender persons does send a message to his poorly educated conservative supporters that such people aren't really people thus making it easier for the prejudiced simpletons to believe violence against the lgtbq community is essentially approved of since they aren't really human, so such talk is dangerous.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1    2 years ago
Many poorly educated morons believe gender is something that is set in stone from the moment you're born and what is "natural" can never change.

Can it?

Can a castrated male ever give birth????

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.1    2 years ago
Can a castrated male ever give birth ????

Just about any creature that has had their reproductive organs removed whether male or female are unable to give birth. But a female who is transitioning to male but not had their reproductive organs removed can get pregnant and a male transitioning to female but haven't been castrated can impregnate.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F20%2F2008%2F07%2Fthomas_beatie-3.jpg&q=60

Is it your or any right wing conservatives job or right to police how those persons want to live? Dehumanizing transgender persons as right wing religious conservatives seem desperate to do is victimizing them and putting them at risk for violence from those same deplorable assholes who think their religious beliefs should supersede the law and others right to privacy and individual freedoms. Hawley is just another right wing conservative dip shit determined to police morality and turn our nation into some fantasy Christian theocracy in contradiction to the constitutions establishment clause.

If conservatives would just get their prejudiced religious ideology out of our government, courts, schools and public spaces we could all enjoy living in freedom. No religious conservatives are being forced to transition or forced into gay relationships or forcibly castrated, they can worship however they want. But apparently that's not enough for them, they have decided its their God given right and responsibility to police the morality of everyone else around them and anyone not conforming to their religious beliefs or pushing back against them are considered as "waging a war" on Christians.

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.1    2 years ago

What a ridiculous question. Here, try this one...

Can an intact human cis male give birth Vic? 

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.4  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1.2    2 years ago

We are now in the 'throbs' of an ever-changing world. Conservatives can't cope with it and should just attrition their way out . . . .

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.5  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  CB @9.1.4    2 years ago

Lol .....You’ve got a real problem there CB.    

That happens and you won’t have anyone left to work and pay for all the free shit you liberals like.    No one to grow your food.    No one to protect you from yourselves.    No one to build your solar panels, electric cars and bikes.    Etc, etc     Although maybe the Chinese will help you out if you kiss their boots enough.

Then, you start eating your own.    It’s already started.    Just look how they are turning on Biden right now.

Pretty funny really .....

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.6  CB  replied to  Sparty On @9.1.5    2 years ago

Your comment shows your stream of conscious (mindset). It's pathetic and sad, that you think this country can not function without MAGA conservatives who are extremists to a fault.

It is vulgar that you think that all progress and successes in this country comes from MAGA conservatives.

You are known for writing some often strong and unremarkable comments, but this is beyond the pail.

And you want to talk about "free shit" - how about MAGA conservatives properly paying for the years of slavery, Jim Crow South years of setbacks, subjugating Native American land, killings, lynchings, and internal terrorism at home which denied proper advancement of body, mind, and spirit to many citizens of this country?

This country did not pay wages or salaries at all to Africans/blacks it used as chattel slavery and wildly advanced its white generations as the expense of minorities. Minorities have forgiven and forgotten a great many tragedies, harms, and setbacks due to white male dominion in this country and yet here you are persisting in dredging the bad feelings up again by your racist and incendiary statement.

Is it any wonder why MAGA conservatives like to target the last fifty years as some sort of "idealistic" color-blind America while hiding all the thefts, demonizing, plunders and pillagings, done to generations of minorities here?

And now the 'cycle' is set to repeat itself! As MAGA conservatives see the means to repress the people under White Male Dominion (if they can get away with it. Not!) 

And you dare to call it "constitutional."  A bunch of narrow-minded bigots can't be allowed to govern open-minded people.

We may never know the true value of minorities in this country, because property, inventions, and entire people groups were held back and had their contributions to society ascribed to someone else by hateful, deceitful, and diseased racist men who were in charge of this burgeoning nation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.6    2 years ago
And you want to talk about "free shit" - how about MAGA conservatives properly paying for the years of slavery, Jim Crow South years of setbacks,

Might want to see how much in 'reparations' the Democratic Party is willing to kick out.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.8  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  CB @9.1.6    2 years ago

Nah, all my comments are within the pale.   Right in the x-ring of the pale.    Your comments display nothing by perpetual victim mentality.    Even all those participation trophies didn’t seem to fix it .......  too bad ....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.9  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.7    2 years ago

The only line items in the federal budget that have increased increased significant over the years as a percentage of the budget.

Social spending ....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @9.1.9    2 years ago

That is true, and all in the interests of pandering to certain voters who have been promised things the Democratic Party is attempting to deliver on. It's the old "trophies for all" mentality. When you constantly reinforce perceptions that some folks are perpetual 'victims', you develop in them a sense of entitlement.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.11  CB  replied to  Sparty On @9.1.8    2 years ago

Ad hominem bull patty. Racists whites used this country to exploit minorities and the poor for sordid gain. Now, MAGA conservatives are demanding to do it again. Victims? Tell that to girls and women who are on the 'frontline' to being victimized to have babies they don't want, and soon will be forced to stay out of the job market under the foot of 'daddy' - be he a hero or a zero.

And that is just for a MAGA reintroduction to the future.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.11    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.13  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  CB @9.1.11    2 years ago

Yawn ..... SOSDD and boring .....

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.14  CB  replied to  Sparty On @9.1.13    2 years ago

Yeah, because MAGA has its pampered meathead Donald Trump who plays victim everyday, and despite being told by his own staffers he is a lying sack of 'patty'  Sparty On can't see any fraud not even to the real victims in "MAGA -town" who were exploited to send money to a big "F-ing" liar who told the biggest "f-ing" lie of his lifetime. (History will note MAGA is full of gullible people and future generations will shake their heads at the outrage and disbelief!)

Don't get bored and sleepy now. . .

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.15  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  CB @9.1.14    2 years ago

Still yawning but just in case you are having comprehension issues, Trump is off topic in this seed.    Any more like that will be tagged as such .....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @9.1.15    2 years ago

[Deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.17  CB  replied to  Sparty On @9.1.15    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.18  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.16    2 years ago

Nope, not today, not ever.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.1.19  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.16    2 years ago

[If Trump is off topic, so is TDS.]

Hallux
PhD Principal
9.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 years ago

Or that's the bucket of shyte Hawley hauls around with him. Give us all a break Vic, there's not a cliff that Hawley does not metaphorically throw himself off just to please the rabid.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @9.2    2 years ago

Vicious attack on Hawley noted.

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.3  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 years ago

Actually, that is the shit that YOU made up Vic. 
It's sad to see that you gaslighted so many of your thumbs up buddies into swilling that pablum. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

I'm a retired Army Officer and am currently a Department of the Army civilian.  The reporting of this story hasn't been very informative and is designed to appeal to one side or the other.  

The military academies mission is more than providing military training.  They are also meant to provide a broadly structured undergraduate curriculum that balances the physical sciences and engineering with the behavioral and social sciences. The goal is for every graduate to be able to think creatively and clearly express original ideas on both technological and interpersonal issues.  They are also designed instill a commitment for further education.

As I understand this, the controversy is about two 50 minute lectures that were part of an two electives:  Hl463 - Race, Ethnicity, and Nation and Hl460 - Civil Rights Movements.  The total enrollment was 40 cadets, additionally, maybe another 100 cadets attend during their time a guest lecture were the same material was used.  

About 40% of today's Army are soldiers of color.  I see nothing wrong with a future leader hearing from a historical perspective on how people of color have been disadvantaged in our country or someone's life experience to include discriminations.  

I was bussed during junior high, not because of a legal remedy, but as a consequence of rapid city growth.  I was bussed across town to a school that contained a large percentage of kids from poor families and the school was probably about 45% Black.  This was my first experience with both poorer white kids and any Black kids.  I learned to get along with both (or I would have had the shit kicked out of me).  That experience served me well later when I had units made up of people from all regions of the country and different economic and ethnic backgrounds. 

Today's West Point cadet will a senior officer in 2050 when the US will probably be around 47% white.  I don't know that these two classes will make any of them a better officer, but I certain that their attendance didn't harm them in any educational way.  They either dismissed the information or they had perhaps a new perspective to think about.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10    2 years ago
Today's West Point cadet will a senior officer in 2050 when the US will probably be around 47% white.  I don't know that these to classes will make any of them a better officer, but I certain that their attendance didn't harm them in any educational way.  They either dismissed the information or they had perhaps a new perspective to think about.

The enrollment at West Point is supported to be high achievers, if that is correct I cannot see in any way how an elective class that gives the perspective of minorities can do anything but expand their knowledge of the people that they someday will be commanding or commanded by. 

If they are not able to handle such a class what the hell does that have to say about our future military leaders. 

The West Point class of 2023 is 1190 of which 400 are minorities and if you add women to the minority list there will be 685 minorities out of 1190 cadets. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @10.1    2 years ago
If they are not able to handle such a class what the hell does that have to say about our future military leaders. 

I haven’t seen any reports of any cadets having problems handling the class.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10.1.1    2 years ago
I haven’t seen any reports of any cadets having problems handling the class.

See comment number 1.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @10.1.2    2 years ago

Maybe the kid changed his mind about the Army or has other issues.  I can’t imagine quitting because a couple of classmates took an elective that I disagreed with.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
10.1.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10.1.3    2 years ago

Maybe he was easily triggered.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10.1.3    2 years ago

Blowing off 2 years of education at West Point because of CRT is bizarre, to say the least.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @10.1.5    2 years ago

Maybe, over the four years, about 17% don’t graduate.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10.1.6    2 years ago
Maybe, over the four years, about 17% don’t graduate.

Yes, that seems to be the number but I doubt that any quit because of CRT.

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.8  CB  replied to  Kavika @10.1.5    2 years ago

I agree. Knowing something about the history and backgrounds of the people under you helps to build more wholesome and potent esprit de corps. Otherwise,  we continue to 'stumble forth' believing all manners of mysteries, myths, and outright lies about the people with whom one serves. We simply can't keep up with all the idiotic things (we come to find out much, sometimes much later in life) we are told about some races or ethnic groups only to find out it is wrong and untrue. (Some are downright vulgar.)

A proper class can dispel myths, ambiguities, some social 'blunders,' and outright lies.

Will CRT classes make life in the services better - maybe. Sometimes not. But a leader will remember CRT enlightenment.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @10.1.7    2 years ago

As do I.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.10  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @10.1.7    2 years ago

they quit because they weren't allowed to hang their klan sheets in the dorm closets...

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1.11  bugsy  replied to  devangelical @10.1.10    2 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
10.1.12  JBB  replied to  bugsy @10.1.11    2 years ago

[deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @10.1.12    2 years ago

Exactly, even kids that start at West Point.

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1.14  bugsy  replied to  JBB @10.1.12    2 years ago
You'll be surprised to learn that not everyone has Klan robes!

What?????

Does that mean you believe that not all Trump supporters sport a Klan robe?

Better not let your loon leftist friends on here know that.  You'll get kicked off the loon fan club.

JBB
Professor Principal
10.1.15  JBB  replied to  bugsy @10.1.14    2 years ago

How many Klan members do you figure are Democrats today?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.16  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10.1.9    2 years ago

Well, this isn’t fiction.    Those are his reasons for quitting or so I was told. People here can pontificate on it all they want.

And if they aren’t him, that is all it is.    Pontification.

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1.17  bugsy  replied to  JBB @10.1.15    2 years ago

Don't know...don't care.

If it were not for democrats on the 19th century founding the KKK, the group would probably not exist today.

Democrats were pissed because Lincoln, a Republican, freed their slaves.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @10.1.15    2 years ago

too many.

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.1.19  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @10.1.17    2 years ago
If it were not for democrats on the 19th century founding the KKK, the group would probably not exist today.

Actually, it's conservative RW extremists are the reason that the group exists today. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11  seeder  Sparty On    2 years ago

[Deleted]

You’ll be happy to know (or pissed off if you are one of those) he has started his paperwork for Marine Corp OCS.

He’ll make a great Marine and is the Armies loss.