╌>

Wonton Killings, Gazpacho Police, Peach Tree Dishes: Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene Make the Case for Congressional IQ Minimums | Vanity Fair

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  pat-wilson  •  2 years ago  •  46 comments

By:   Conde Nast (Vanity Fair)

Wonton Killings, Gazpacho Police, Peach Tree Dishes: Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene Make the Case for Congressional IQ Minimums | Vanity Fair
As a reminder, these people are in charge of making laws.

Just a little humor...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

As a reminder, these people are in charge of making laws.

By Bess Levin

September 14, 2022 WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 01: U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) scream "Build the Wall" as U.S. President Joe Biden delivers the State of the Union address during a joint session of Congress in the U.S. Capitola€™s House Chamber March 01, 2022 in Washington, DC. During his first State of the Union address Biden spoke on his administrationa€™s efforts to lead a global response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, efforts to curb inflation and bringing the country out of the COVID-19 pandemic. (Photo by Evelyn Hockstein-Pool/Getty Images)Pool/Getty Images

Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene haven't been in Congress very long, but they've made big names for themselves so far. As cartoon villains who vote against bills that benefit cancer patients. As bigots who vilify transgender people and want to criminalize transgender medical care. As bat-shit crazy lunatics who believe that Democrats are part of a satanic cult of pedophiles who eat children and that California wildfires are caused by Jewish space lasers. As people in charge of making laws who nevertheless say things like "gazpacho police," when referring to the gestapo, "peach tree dish," when they mean petri, and "wonton killings," when the word they were likely looking for was "wanton."

The latest instance of food-related linguistic terrorism came on Tuesday when Boebert — who is "tired of the this separation of church and state junk" and wants "biblical citizenship training" in schools — read a passage from the Bible about "wanton killings" but pronounced it like the Chinese dumpling. At no point did she appear to realize the error, and in fact seemed to suggest she'd be reading up on what "wonton killings" entail. Are they murders that occur over dim sum? Is it when someone is suffocated with dough and then buried under a pile of ground pork? Has Law & Order: Criminal Intent ever done an episode about them? Hopefully the representative from Colorado will do her own research and let us know.

Twitter content

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

Boebert's rhetorical gaffe, of course, recalls to mind a similar food-related foul-up from earlier this year when Greene, the other half of this Laverne and Shirley duo from hell, attempted to reference Hitler's secret police squad and instead invoked a little-known law enforcement agency made of cold tomatoes.

Twitter content

Several months later, the congresswoman from Georgia claimed Bill Gates wanted to force people to eat burgers grown in "peach tree dishes."

Twitter content

Not sure what else there is to say here other than the fact that these women serve as shining examples of why elected officials should have to prove they have an IQ of at least 50 before being sworn into office.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1  seeder  pat wilson    2 years ago

There really ought to be an IQ requirement for those that serve in Congress.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  pat wilson @1    2 years ago

that would definitely eliminate the trumpster problem in our gov't.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     2 years ago

You know it's a problem when her boob size is a larger number than her IQ.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @2    2 years ago

each of their shoe sizes is closer to their IQ's...

Revillug
Freshman Participates
3  Revillug    2 years ago

Wonton killings, gazpacho police:

cC1uYXppLmpwZw

No soup for you!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 years ago

To put it kindly, these are people who dont read and dont understand much. I think we've only uncovered the surface skin of their ignorance. It runs deep. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago

That actually is putting it kindly.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5  sandy-2021492    2 years ago

Didn't Boebert fail the GED exam?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
5.1  afrayedknot  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5    2 years ago

She has failed every meaningful exam in respect to representing her constituency.

So before anyone cast dispersion, I reside in her district. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
5.1.1  Revillug  replied to  afrayedknot @5.1    2 years ago
She has failed every meaningful exam

I think she never encountered a bar she could pass either.

Thomas
Senior Guide
5.1.2  Thomas  replied to  afrayedknot @5.1    2 years ago

Dispersion? I'm struggling with the play on words.....wait a minute...  Aren't they dispersed enough in their reasoning to cast aspersions on the waters errrrr....

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2  devangelical  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5    2 years ago

well, to be fair, she only attended high school long enough to become impregnated...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  devangelical @5.2    2 years ago
she only attended high school long enough to become impregnated...

Well, I mean, that’s why you go, right? Mission accomplished.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @5.2.1    2 years ago
Well, I mean, that’s why you go, right? Mission accomplished.

HA!

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.2    2 years ago

her story gets a lot more hilarious. her mom was a pro wrestling groupie and her wrestler daddy paid off the gov't official that administered the paternity test to get out of paying child support.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.2.4  seeder  pat wilson  replied to  devangelical @5.2.3    2 years ago

No wonder she's so angry all the time, what with her hubbie dropping trou in front of tween girls at the local bowling ally,   aye yai yai !

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.5  devangelical  replied to  pat wilson @5.2.4    2 years ago

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

In my opinion, it's the American VOTERS who require a minimum IQ in order to be allowed to vote.  What a positive result THAT would create. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
6.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6    2 years ago

Do you vote in Canadian federal elections? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @6.1    2 years ago

Yes, I can use absentee ballots.  It's handy that there is a Canadian consulate in the city where I'm living.  I will never give up my Canadian citizenship and passport.  But if you asked the question to make some comment about my IQ, unfortunately I just missed out being MENSA, but my brother made the grade.  He graduated high school the same year I graduated public school, and that year we both stood first among each school's graduates.  When the chairman of the city's Board of Education presented me at an assembly with my prize, he said he was amazed that he had just presented the same kind of prize and a scholarship to a boy at the high school who had the same name.  I told him it was my brother.  He said "You're parents must be very proud".   My father, who was in the audience was beaming so bright I thought he could light up the room. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.2  MonsterMash  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.1    2 years ago
if you asked the question to make some comment about my IQ, unfortunately I just missed out being MENSA, but my brother made the grade

Nope, that's not the reason asked. You never miss an opportunity to brag about how intelligent you are, nor do I doubt it.

I did ask for another reason which I will divulge in a PM as I'm not the kind of person that takes pleasure in embarrassing others publicly.

It's getting too late for me to send you a PM tonight, I'll send it sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @6.1.2    2 years ago

Never miss an opportunity?  That's the first time I told that story.  Can you point out any evidence for what you accuse me of?  I think that a few years ago i mentioned that my brother was MENSA.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @6.1.2    2 years ago

I would like you to know that I appreciate your discretion and integrity, and I'm happy that I was able to satisfy your concern.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6    2 years ago
In my opinion, it's the American VOTERS who require a minimum IQ in order to be allowed to vote.  What a positive result THAT would create. 

I'd settle for a math proficiency requirement.

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
6.4  dennissmith  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6    2 years ago

If that were true only Conservatives would be allowed to vote in America

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  dennissmith @6.4    2 years ago

That is a totally useless and divisive comment that contributes nothing to the discussion, but I'm sure the Q'anon crowd would appreciate it. 

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
6.4.2  dennissmith  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.4.1    2 years ago

Just as useful as your comment 6 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.4.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  dennissmith @6.4.2    2 years ago

LOL.  At least my comment wasn't partisan and divisive, which is a big problem that is preventing America from progressing. 

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
6.4.4  dennissmith  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.4.3    2 years ago

Your comment was a slap in the face to Americans. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.4.5  bugsy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.4.1    2 years ago
[deleted]
[Comments about other members are always off topic & no value.]

squiggy
Junior Silent
6.4.6  squiggy  replied to  bugsy @6.4.5    2 years ago

[deleted]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.4.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  dennissmith @6.4.4    2 years ago
"Your comment was a slap in the face to Americans."

Only to ignorant ones who are causing the deterioration of what I used to think was a wonderful country. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.4.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bugsy @6.4.5    2 years ago
"Says the guy that is Canadian, lives in China, but never gives up a chance to insult Americans, especially those that lean right."

Well, first of all at least I'm capable of appreciating and being comfortable in different cultures.  If I insult anyone it's because they deserve it, and even if I do I would only insult those who deserve it.  Besides, I happen to have a number of "leaning right" friends who are or were members of thenewstalkers who DON'T deserve being insulted and they are not.  If I did insult NT members, isn't it a wonder I almost never get a ticket?

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
6.4.9  dennissmith  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.4.7    2 years ago

The country people choose to live in tells volumes about where their allegiance is. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.4.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  dennissmith @6.4.9    2 years ago

Ridiculous bullshit.  My allegiance is with Canada, the country of my birth, citizenship and passport which I will NEVER give up no matter WHERE I live.  Ask your American expat friends where their allegiance lies.

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
6.4.11  dennissmith  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.4.10    2 years ago

Bullshit comment. You choose to live in China not Canada. 

End of story

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.4.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  dennissmith @6.4.11    2 years ago

Although I might be goaded, I don't intend to get a ticket over this.  But I think that anyone with a brain in their head would know that where a person has reasons to live somewhere, and I do, does NOT have anything to do with the country to which they owe their allegiance.  

THAT'S the end of the story.  Another ignorant taunting comment and I declare an IMPASSE.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.4.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  dennissmith @6.4.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    2 years ago

Lauren Boebert. Dumb as . . .

original

Who elects these people?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @7    2 years ago

Boxes of rocks

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tacos! @7    2 years ago

Obviously people just as or dumber than them.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.2    2 years ago

trumpsters.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8  Trout Giggles    2 years ago

I think I'm going to do a stake out ar Pei Wei...those wontons are for eating not sending to prison

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @8    2 years ago

Mmmmmm . . . . I'll have some fried crab meat wontons please!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @8.1    2 years ago

Pei Wei makes the best!

Revillug
Freshman Participates
9  Revillug    2 years ago

The thing about this picture of "Laverne and Shirley" (from the article) is that it really just makes most American men just want to get the two of them really drunk.