╌>

Murder, Mayhem, Confusion And A Los Angeles Welcome

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  96 comments

Murder, Mayhem, Confusion And A Los Angeles Welcome
Asked in a CBS 60 Minutes interview broadcast on Sunday whether U.S. forces would defend the democratically governed island claimed by China, he replied: “Yes, if in fact, there was an unprecedented attack.” Asked to clarify if he meant that unlike in Ukraine, U.S. forces - American men and women - would defend Taiwan in the event of a Chinese invasion, Biden replied: “Yes.”

Link to quote:  https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/19/biden-says-us-forces-would-defend-taiwan-in-the-event-of-a-chinese-invasion.html

Sadly, the nation is still reeling from 8% inflation, $4 gas prices, rampant crime and the crisis along the southern border, which finally made the front page. On Monday we read of a man who killed a teenager for his political views. This following Biden's disgusting speech in which MAGA Republicans were called threats to the very foundation of the Republic. In typical media fashion the story got little coverage and where & when it did there were key facts left out:

"An Associated Press report on the killing of a North Dakota teen by a  drunk 41-year-old man   over a "political argument" declined to note the alleged assailant reportedly thought the victim was part of a "Republican extremist group."

The Wednesday report from The Associated Press stated, "A driver charged with fatally striking a teenager in North Dakota allegedly told investigators he purposely hit the teen with his SUV after they had a political argument, according to court documents.".

Fox News Digital reported, "Court documents said he told a 911 dispatcher the teen was part of a Republican ‘extremist group’ and was calling people to go after him following an unspecified political argument."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ap-report-slain-north-dakota-teen-omits-alleged-assailant-thought-victim-republican-extremist

The killer had a criminal record, confessed to the killing and he was out on the street within days after posting a $50,000 bond . As I recall Kyle Rittenhouse had bail set at $2 Million during the infamous  "summer of love."

Then we had  President Biden making a $6 billion pledge to global health projects and then suddenly & awkwardly meandered off stage at a NYC event. He looked confused and lost. It was sad to watch. I'm certain that the democrats will try to convince him not to run again. Hopefully, they'll catch him on a good day when he's not nodding off into a bowl of Tapioca.

We end another week in Biden's America with a special Los Angeles hello:

In California the homeless have rights. The "bad old days" when the mentally ill were kept in mental institutions and human derelicts were kept in shelters are over. These people are where they want to be and progressives intend to keep them right there, right in your face.

The Week:

Women's Rights Protests in Iran:  "Iran restricted access to the Internet in large parts of the country on Thursday as authorities try to curb a   women’s rights protest movement   that has relied on social media to express dissent and rally support, while the U.S. imposed sanctions on Iran’s morality police. 

The death of 22-year-old   Mahsa Amini   late last week in police custody for allegedly violating Iran’s strict Islamic dress code has sparked    demonstrations across the country  . Protesters have    clashed violently with security forces    who used tear gas and fired live ammunition. 

As the protests spread, authorities on Thursday expanded their campaign to restrict access to the Internet,    tightening blocks on platforms    such as Instagram and WhatsApp, according to Netblocks, an internet observatory that monitors global traffic outages. Social media apps have been widely used to organize and share footage of the protests."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-restricts-internet-access-as-womens-rights-protests-spread-11663874073

I think we all can only wish that the protests will lead to regime change, even though deep down, we know the people of Iran are not strong enough to topple the regime.

Court lifts hold on Mara-A-Lago documents : "In a stark repudiation of Donald Trump’s legal arguments, a federal appeals court on Wednesday permitted the Justice Department to resume its use of classified records   seized from the former president’s Florida estate as part of its ongoing criminal investigation.

The ruling from a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit amounts to an overwhelming victory for the Justice Department, clearing the way for investigators to continue scrutinizing the documents as they consider whether to bring criminal charges over the    storage of of top-secret records    at Mar-a-Lago after Trump left the White House. In lifting a hold on a core aspect of the department’s probe, the court removed an obstacle that could have delayed the investigation by weeks.

The appeals court also pointedly noted that Trump had presented no evidence that he had declassified the sensitive records, as he maintained as recently as Wednesday, and rejected the possibility that Trump could have an “individual interest in or need for” the roughly 100 documents with classification markings that were    seized by the FBI in its Aug. 8 search    of the Palm Beach property."

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-mar-a-lago-criminal-investigations-government-and-politics-fe24760ff9a350ea7aecd1a13c8eef16

Will there ever be an indictment?  I doubt it.

The indoctrination of the Military:   "   A diversity and inclusion training by the United States   Air Force   Academy in Colorado instructs cadets to use words that "include all genders" and to refrain from saying things like "mom" and "dad."

The slide presentation titled, "Diversity & Inclusion: What it is, why we care, & what we can do," advises cadets to use "person-centered" and gender-neutral language when describing individuals.

"Some families are headed by single parents, grandparents, foster parents, two moms, two dads, etc.: consider ‘parent or caregiver’ instead of ‘mom and dad,'" the presentation states. "Use words that include all genders​: ‘Folks’ or ‘Y’all’ instead of ‘guys’; ‘partner’ vs. ‘boyfriend or girlfriend.’

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/air-force-academy-diversity-training-tells-cadets-to-use-words-that-include-all-genders-drop-mom-and-dad

Which leads us to the inevitable story which follows:

Pentagon bedeviled by recruitment failures:  " The Pentagon has characterized the head winds in stark terms, saying its recruiting environment is the worst it has been since the end of the Vietnam War. Some of the military services will just barely meet their goals as the fiscal year ends later this month, officials said in testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee. The Army, the armed forces’ largest branch, will miss its target by 30,000 soldiers, said Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.)."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pentagon-bedeviled-by-recruitment-failures-as-solutions-prove-elusive/ar-AA126lzr

NY AG files lawsuit against Donald Trump & family:  "New York Attorney General Letitia James has   sued   former President   Donald Trump  , three of his adult children —   Donald Trump Jr.  ,   Eric Trump   and   Ivanka Trump   — and senior executives at the Trump Organization for fraud, her office announced Wednesday.

The lawsuit alleges that the former president — with the help of his children and the executives mentioned in the filing — falsely inflated his net worth by billions of dollars in an effort to induce banks to lend money to the Trump Organization on more favorable terms and to obtain other economic and tax benefits."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/n-y-attorney-general-files-165654538.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

That lawsuit is the culmination of 3 years of investigating all things Trump. I wish I could say I see an indictment somewhere in our future, but I don't. The good news is that Trump has put off a decision to run again until after the midterm elections.

What have we learned?

The most important thing we learned is that there are consequences to divisive rhetoric. Joe Biden calling MAGA Republicans a threat to the very foundation of the Republic has already provoked violence and death and most likely will lead to more of it. How many people has Biden, idiotic as he is, convinced that half the country is a bunch of fascists? We don't have to look far to get an answer. One only need take a look at some of the comments here since the story was hoisted on our front page yesterday. Wasn't it the democrats who told us over and over again that words matter?

Then there is the matter of Joe Biden. He is failing badly. Remember: he only ran to oust Donald Trump. To secure the nomination he made a dirty deal with the far left contingent of the democratic party and served up an absolute hell of an agenda for the American people. Now he is incredibly unpopular. Far more than the unreliable polls indicate. He is the one that the GOP would love to run against in 2024. Let's face it: the democrats won't let him run again and they may have already convinced him not to run. This past Sunday on "60 Minutes" he now says:  “Look, my intention, as I said to begin with, is that I would run again. But it’s just an intention. But is it a firm decision that I run again? That remains to be seen.”

That leaves us with the future of the world's oldest Constitutional Republic. Can it survive all that has been done to it in the past two years? Huge populations have walked across that southern border in the past 19 months. Crime is out of control in many cities. Working families are under economic pressure. I still remain optimistic. This nation survived a Civil War, a Great Depression and the tremendous social upheaval that began in the late 60's. The danger still remains and the danger comes from the American left. They are about to be ousted from power. The next time they have it, I believe they'll try to change the government, its norms, our system of justice and the Constitution itself.

Cartoon of the Week:

prison-reform-cartoon.png?ve=1&tl=1

Honorable Mention:

Senator Tom Cotton

Sources:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/n-y-attorney-general-files-165654538.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-restricts-internet-access-as-womens-rights-protests-spread-11663874073

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cotton-grills-air-force-diversity-training-replacing-mom-dad-gender-neutral-terms

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ap-report-slain-north-dakota-teen-omits-alleged-assailant-thought-victim-republican-extremist

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-mar-a-lago-criminal-investigations-government-and-politics-fe24760ff9a350ea7aecd1a13c8eef16

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/air-force-academy-diversity-training-tells-cadets-to-use-words-that-include-all-genders-drop-mom-and-dad

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pentagon-bedeviled-by-recruitment-failures-as-solutions-prove-elusive/ar-AA126lzr

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/18/politics/biden-too-early-to-decide-about-2024/index.html

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"At one point, Donald Trump stated that he wanted Joe Biden, your current president, to do a good job, wanted him to be successful in a way that would improve the lives of the American people. Unfortunately, Joe is not capable. The results, they speak for themselves. Now, recently, Biden said, quote: 

"Watch me. Proof of the pudding is in the eating." Well, Joe, we're watching and here's the pudding. Biden wandering aimlessly, totally dazed and confused at a public event last night in New York. He doesn't even seem to know where he is, what he's doing, where he's going.   You decide." ...Sean Hannity

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Don't worry, Vic, no matter how bad things look, you'll win in the end because the SCOTUS is on your side. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 years ago
Don't worry, Vic, no matter how bad things look, you'll win in the end because the SCOTUS is on your side.

Damn that "balance of power".

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 years ago

No the SCOTUS is on the side of the Constitution. It's every other point of power that is controlled by the left that we have to worry about.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

308473206_1432445513929789_6416641939650938116_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=YmvIP6_2uoAAX-ckgI2&tn=ddyv9WRSVi2y4Anp&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-_gYnOxIF6GFjOw-3ygQod5_5PU9Hbvmlgba1nTvP0_g&oe=6331B2E3

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

308450584_5692934587440643_2357121656167368614_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=JBTU-eoMY3MAX801TZ1&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT9FYqpI_2YFX-4C6ldceDp9EmSryNZyJpY9NTrf5QrqPQ&oe=633358C2

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

You can tell who supports what by the amount of media coverage. 

• The teen killed in North Dakota (Cayler Ellingson) didn't support the Democrats and very little coverage. 
  • Kyle Rittenhouse killed 3 rioters supported by Democrats in self defense and he was crucified in the media.
The indoctrination of the Military:      "    A diversity and inclusion training by the United States     Air Force    Academy in Colorado instructs cadets to use words that "include all genders" and to refrain from saying things like "mom" and "dad."

This is why, during my military career I referred to everybody as either "Fucker" or "Shit Head".

Pentagon bedeviled by recruitment failures:   

A very large piece of the American public don't qualify for military service.  Either educationally, physically or mentally the can't meet some very basic standards.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago

In self defence??? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    2 years ago

Was the case retried and a different verdict announced?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    2 years ago

No in self defense. [Deleted]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    2 years ago

[ Deleted ]

Rittenhouse was put on trial with a jury of his peers. He didn't get a judge that decided to seat only NRA members and family acquaintances; in an already favorable area. You want to laugh over something- laugh over Michael Sussman jury selection (greatly influenced by the Obama appointed judge) that seated Clinton Democrat donors; a parent whose child was on the same soccer team as Sussman's daughter, and someone that worked on a Democrat campaign. The trial itself was even more biased.

Looking at the jury box, one can understand Shaw’s unease.  During jury selection , one juror admitted he was a Clinton donor and could only promise to “strive for impartiality as best I can.” Prosecutors objected to his being seated, but Judge Christopher Cooper overruled them. 

In another exchange, a former bartender and donor to far-left Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) was told by a Sussmann defense lawyer that neither Clinton nor Trump were on trial and then asked if she could be impartial. She responded, “Yes, knowing that” — which might suggest she would not be impartial if the campaigns were part of the trial. 

Other jurors include a woman who said she thought she was a Clinton donor but could not remember; a juror whose husband worked for the Clinton 2008 campaign; and a juror who believes the legal system is racist and police departments should be defunded. 

To be sure,  D.C. voters chose Clinton over Trump  in 2016 by a breathtaking margin: 90.9 percent to 4.1 percent. While liberal and Democratic jurors still can be fair and impartial, Judge Cooper has seated a couple jurors who seemed to struggle with the concept of impartiality. 

Judge Cooper has stressed that this trial cannot be about the Clinton campaign per se, but the specific lie that was told. He specifically barred Durham from arguing that there was a “joint venture” in deception with the Clinton campaign. The judge sharply limited the evidence that Durham can present which, in the  words of Politico , “spares the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee … potential embarrassment.”  

Without the broader context, the prosecution could sound like a play without a plot — just characters and insular acts. The first witnesses included FBI agents who told the jury that the claims passed along by Sussmann “ didn’t make sense ” and that the collusion theory was rejected within days of looking at the underlying data. However, Cooper warned that he will keep a tight rein on prosecutors delving into how the underlying data was produced or managed through the campaign.

That is not the only blow delivered to the prosecution by the court. The judge refused prosecution access to some evidence and, while allowing access to some emails between the campaign and an opposition-research firm, he barred their introduction at trial due to the late request from the prosecutors.  

The treatment given to Sussmann is in stark contrast to how Trump associates were treated in this same court. In the Flynn trial, Judge Cooper’s colleague, Judge Emmet Sullivan, conducted a series of  bizarre hearings , including one in which he used the courtroom flag as a prop to accuse Flynn of being an “ unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security adviser ” and to suggest that Flynn could be charged with treason — crimes not brought against him. Sullivan then declared: “I cannot assure you that if you proceed today, you will not receive a sentence of incarceration. I am not hiding my disgust and my disdain.” 

[ Deleted ] So sorry if you didn't like the Rittenhouse outcome; Democrats are working hard to fix that.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.2  pat wilson  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago
A very large piece of the American public don't qualify for military service.  Either educationally, physically or mentally the can't meet some very basic standards.  

Lol, clearly the educational standard isn't very high.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  pat wilson @2.2    2 years ago
Lol, clearly the educational standard isn't very high.

The dumbing down of America is real funny shit.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.2.2  pat wilson  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.1    2 years ago
real funny shit.

Shouldn't that be "really" funny shit ?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @2.2    2 years ago

Nor is the universities. I prefer the brave men & women in our military any day.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.3    2 years ago

Do you want to keep it real?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.4    2 years ago

How so Drinker?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.5    2 years ago
How so Drinker?

Sorry, I meant to reply to Pat.  Excuse me, Vic.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  pat wilson @2.2.2    2 years ago

Do you want to keep it real or really?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.6    2 years ago

You had me scratching my head for a minute.

I'm not used to that.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.2.9  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.3    2 years ago

Me too, no one wants cowardly men and women in our military.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.8    2 years ago

Sometimes I get carless when double tasking between here and telework.  I need to be more careful, don't want to send a NT reply to workmates or vice versa.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.2.11  pat wilson  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.7    2 years ago

I like to keep it really real.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.10    2 years ago

You are a key man here. Always remember that. You can't afford to be careless!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @2.2.9    2 years ago

Absolutely! Keep giving the cowards their deferments.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  pat wilson @2.2.11    2 years ago
I like to keep it really real

There you go, me too.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.15  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.12    2 years ago

No, just a small voice in the wilderness trying to give our more progressive friends some target practice.  Their aim doesn't seem to be improving though, they need to learn better breath control.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.2.15    2 years ago

A small voice that carries a big stick. Size does matter.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 years ago

This weekly newsletter is the product of an alternate reality. 

Trump is in the news every day because he wants to be. He goes on Fox News and says he can declassify documents by thinking about declassifying them. This sort of buffoonish musing is an everyday occurrence for Trump now, and for the GOP party that is bound at the hip with him. 

Biden's polling has improved and two new polls show him at 45 and 46 percent favorability, and his recent speech on MAGA "fascism" appears to be a reason Biden's numbers are getting better.

Most Americans don't want far right conspiracy theorists and crackpots and Christian nationalists running this country. The political right has managed to run their Trump train into the ditch, and Ron DeSantis is more of a problem than a solution. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago
Trump is in the news every day because he wants to be.

And you have the option to move along although the ability seems to escape you.  There are more important things going on in the country and the world more important than your fixation (fear) of ONE person who has no effect on your life right now. 

But don't let that stop you from trying (and failing) to distract from the actual topics of the posted article.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1    2 years ago
And you have the option to move along although the ability seems to escape you.  There are more important things going on in the country and the world more important than your fixation (fear) of ONE person who has no effect on your life right now.  But don't let that stop you from trying (and failing) to distract from the actual topics of the posted article.  

Your "contributions" to this forum are a complete waste of time. If Trump is "old news" why did Sean Hannity, king of right wing news shows, have Trump on for an extended interview just a couple days ago? 

Can you answer that fucking question or are you going to keep babbling about Biden getting "lost" on a stage? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1    2 years ago
your fixation (fear) of ONE person who has no effect on your life right now. 

Nor did he ever really. There is nothing that Trump did that I know of that harmed anyone irreparably. No matter how many parrot the narrative. It has been asked ad nauseum "what has Trump done that affected you and yours negatively" and the answer is always the same. Either crickets or "he made us the laughing stock of the world" bullshit. Tough shit the rest of the world. We need to look after us first. If anything, as we can see with the war in Ukraine, North Korea saber rattling, and China moving forward with their "visions of grandeur" unabated, we are worse off NOW on the world stage (and no need to go into the UN speech). That shit wasn't happening while Trump was in office. They were scared shitless. But.......................no more mean tweets LMMFAO

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1.2    2 years ago
But.......................no more mean tweets LMMFAO

[Deleted]  Donald trump tried to steal the last presidential election. He tried to bribe the president of another country into helping him smear Trumps political opponent. He lied to the American public 30,000 times WHILE HE WAS IN OFFICE. He dogwhistled white supremacists at Charlottesville. His campaign accepted Russian interference in the 2016 election, and in fact he encouraged Russian interference in the 2016 election. And on and on and on ad nauseum. And you think it is about "mean tweets"?  [Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    2 years ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    2 years ago
Donald trump tried to steal the last presidential election.

No he didn't. Not even close. He couldn't steal a pack of gum if there was no one in the store.

He tried to bribe the president of another country into helping him smear Trump's political opponent.

That one is PURE bullshit. Bribe how? No different than Biden threatening to withhold aid to the same country.

He lied to the American public 30,000 times WHILE HE WAS IN OFFICE.

And it didn't affect me or mine one iota.

He dog whistled white supremacists at Charlottesville.

Gonna need an explanation for that one.................Charlottesville was a protest against removing historic monuments

His campaign accepted Russian interference in the 2016 election, and in fact he encouraged Russian interference in the 2016 election.

No annnnnnd no. Ask Bob Mueller

And on and on and on ad nauseum.

Yes. Ad nauseum is your constant, never ceasing anti Trump bullshit. It CAN'T be healthy.

And I must ask, are you a sheep?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1.2    2 years ago
There is nothing that Trump did that I know of that harmed anyone irreparably.

Feelings.  It's all about their hurt feelings.  Day in and day out we hear from them that he "was so bad" but NONE of them can specifically point out anything that hurt them.  This is, by far, the biggest temper tantrum over nothing that I've ever seen. 

Oh and don't forget we are supposed to treat them like adults as they resort to constant unfounded distractions and childish garbage like personal attacks like we see in 4.1.1.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    2 years ago

All truth and all factual John.  See how some folks just can't handle the truth and just deflect?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1.5    2 years ago

307334580_4887754441256751_6104274079353411161_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=-cST_c-Sw7oAX9R5ODX&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_Jyy2p-P3rhVE3dnb7BkSfzUraclmzSvu_HgnJ09k7BA&oe=6333290F

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1.5    2 years ago

That is one of the bigger collections of bullshit I have seen here in a while.

Donald Trump approved a plan to have Pence declare that the electoral votes in seven states that Trump lost not be counted on the theory that the votes in those states were "contested", even though all of those seven states had certified their election results. Trump was still trying to get this plan into place as late as the morning of Jan 6 when he said at his ellipse speech that Pence should follow John Eastman's advice. 

Trump was going to withhold military aid to Ukraine unless Zelensky agreed to publicly announce he was going to investigate Joe Biden, Trump's political opponent. 

Charlottesville was a white supremacist rally. Everyone in Charlottesville knew that. It was in the media, and in print. The person who held the permit for the rally that day is a known and proud white supremacist. White supremacist groups from around the country came to Charlottesville that day. Trump said there were fine people on both sides. He is either a total idiot or he was dog whistling his racist base. 

Both Robert Mueller and the Senate Intelligence committee report said that the Trump campaign was open to Russian interference in the election. Trump himself asked Russia to find Hillary Clinton's emails. This was days after it was revealed that Russia had hacked the DNC emails. Trump was asking Russia to do it again. 

As for you saying that you dont care if the president of the United States lied to the people 30,000 times maybe you shouldnt vote any more until you gain a different perspective. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.9    2 years ago
Donald Trump approved a plan to have Pence declare that the electoral votes in seven states that Trump lost not be counted on the theory that the votes in those states were "contested", even though all of those seven states had certified their election results. Trump was still trying to get this plan into place as late as the morning of Jan 6 when he said at his ellipse speech that Pence should follow John Eastman's advice. 

Which wouldn't and couldn't happen. Want in one hand and shit in the other.

Trump was going to withhold military aid to Ukraine unless Zelensky agreed to publicly announce he was going to investigate Joe Biden, Trump's political opponent. 

And Biden was going to do the same as Veep if Petro Poroshenko (then President of Ukraine), didn't get rid of a prosecutor.

Charlottesville was a white supremacist rally. Everyone in Charlottesville knew that. It was in the media, and in print. The person who held the permit for the rally that day is a known and proud white supremacist. White supremacist groups from around the country came to Charlottesville that day. Trump said there were fine people on both sides. He is either a total idiot or he was dog whistling his racist base. 

That was after the fact..........and doesn't mean what you want it to. Do you think there were good people on both sides in the 2020 Summer of Love riots?

Both Robert Mueller and the Senate Intelligence committee report said that the Trump campaign was open to Russian interference in the election. Trump himself asked Russia to find Hillary Clinton's emails. This was days after it was revealed that Russia had hacked the DNC emails. Trump was asking Russia to do it again. 

Again, not what happened and it was a tongue in cheek comment. Hillary's campaign was open to Russian interference also. Remember the Steele Dossier?

As for you saying that you dont care if the president of the United States lied to the people 30,000 times maybe you shouldnt vote any more until you gain a different perspective. 

Perhaps it is you who needs a different perspective. Those lies had no affect on me or you except it may have hurt your sensitive feelings.

Sorry John. But it is obvious to the whole world where you stand and your obsession with one guy who has NO control over you yet you seem to like letting him have it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1.10    2 years ago

Your lack of information on these topics speaks for itself. Beliefs like yours are one reason why I no longer care so much about putting a link up for everything I say. It is generally a waste of time on this forum. There was a time when I put links or quotes up for just about everything but it is close to senseless to do that now. 

Again, not what happened and it was a tongue in cheek comment.

It was NOT a tongue in cheek comment. Days after it was revealed Russia was responsible for hacking the Democratic National Committee Trump suggested that they would be well rewarded by the media if they did it again. Only a fool would think that Trump didnt want this to actually happen and in fact Russians attempted to hack Clinton that very night. We also know that Trump appreciated foreign help in his elections because three years later he wanted Zelensky to help him and just this past year he asked Putin to produce dirt on Joe Biden. Open your eyes for petes sake. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.11    2 years ago
Days after it was revealed Russia was responsible for hacking the Democratic National Committee Trump suggested that they would be well rewarded by the media if they did it again.

It's like this John. The emails were a big deal in the news during that time. The Ruskies proved they could hack computers. And they did...........days prior to his statement. They proved they could do it and not even Hilary's crack team could come up with them.........prolly on purpose. It was a big deal at the time and Trump commented basically saying if they were that good, perhaps THEY could find them when no one else could. It was a dig to the Hilary team and the DNC. There wasn't really anything that I can think of that would help Trump if they did find them. In fact, it probably hurt her more to not be able to produce than anything that was probably in any mails.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.11    2 years ago
ee Trump suggested that they would be well rewarded by the media if they did it again

Please explain how Russia would hack Clinton's servers to find emails she'd already very publicly deleted following their subpoena? 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.11    2 years ago
Beliefs like yours are one reason why I no longer care so much about putting a link up for everything I say

And I thought it was because of the difficulty at finding a source supporting your narrative.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.15  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.14    2 years ago

Please make a comment like that in one of my group seeds so I can delete it. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.15    2 years ago

If I find one that looks interesting, I will.  You deserve some fun.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.13    2 years ago
Please explain how Russia would hack Clinton's servers to find emails she'd already very publicly deleted following their subpoena? 

Ask Trump that question. He's the one that asked them to do it. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.18  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.15    2 years ago

THERE'S the acceptance of differing opinions we've all come to know from the left.  And you call those who oppose you fascist.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.19  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.18    2 years ago
And you call those who oppose you fascist.  

Having been on Newstalkers for the past few years, I usually call them morons. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.20  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.19    2 years ago
I usually call them morons. 

Just can't keep a conversation on the adult level.  More examples of why people laugh at those on the left.  The childish personal attacks.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.21  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.20    2 years ago

Well if you would ever learn to tell the accurate truth maybe people wouldnt say so many mean things about you. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.22  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.21    2 years ago

Well if you would ever learn to tell the accurate truth maybe people wouldnt say so many mean things about you.

You mean like the sources of all your "smoking gun" articles?  How did all those work out?  (it's a rhetorical question - everybody knows they ALL amounted to failure)

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.23  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.21    2 years ago
maybe people wouldnt say so many mean things about you. 

Tell the truth JR, that wouldn't change your replies.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.24  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.15    2 years ago

OK, JR, I've accommodated your request.  It's comment 4.2 in your seed, "Learned a Couple Interesting"

Delete and enjoy.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.25  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.9    2 years ago
Charlottesville was a white supremacist rally.

We all know that's not strictly true. 

There were two rallies in Charlottesville that day.  One of white supremacist morons and another of "counter-protester" morons.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.26  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.25    2 years ago

Yep. Dueling morons. Something bad was bound to happen.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.27  Hallux  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.25    2 years ago
One of white supremacist morons and another of "counter-protester" morons.

I'm always confused as to which group to favor ... /s

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.28  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 years ago

How about you?  Are you ready to talk about the real issues: inflation, crime and the open border?

That's what is going to drive the scum out of congress!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.29  Jack_TX  replied to  Hallux @4.1.27    2 years ago
I'm always confused as to which group to favor ... /s

They all look the same to me.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago

Talk about alternate reality!

Biden won't be the DNC nominee in 2024. You heard it here first.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago
Trump is in the news every day because he wants to be.

And because the media loves to accommodate him.  Winning the primary in 2016 would have been much harder without all the free publicity that they gave to him as compared to his competitors.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.3    2 years ago

Had he won in 2020, he'd be half way through his second term and we wouldn't be hearing a word about him right now.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.3.2  afrayedknot  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.1    2 years ago

“…we wouldn't be hearing a word about him right now.”

Please. Name another ex-president that purposely inserted himself into the news on a daily basis. He craves attention, and if it wanes or as previous allies defect, he becomes more and more outrageous. ‘Q’ and A…A as in abomination. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.3.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @4.3.2    2 years ago
Name another ex-president that purposely inserted himself into the news on a daily basis

And the media loves to accommodate him and has for several decades and helped him enormously in the 2016 Primary.  

He craves attention,

And the media craves the headline and the advertising dollars.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  afrayedknot @4.3.2    2 years ago
Name another ex-president that purposely inserted himself into the news on a daily basis.

I say BULL. The media is again doing Biden's bidding. They want to make Trump a campaign issue. THAT is why Trump is in the news.

BTW ITS NOT GOING TO WORK!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.3.5  Jasper2529  replied to  afrayedknot @4.3.2    2 years ago
He craves attention

As do many politicians. Have you ever heard of Bill & Hillary Clinton, Adam Schiff, Stacey Abrams, Gavin Newsom, Andrew Cuomo, and Liz Cheney? Although most haven't achieved the presidency, they've all been trying to win it.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.6  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.4    2 years ago

What bullshit. Is donald not running around the country doing rallies at every opportunity?

You are actually going to deny that donald inserts himself in to political races....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @4.3.6    2 years ago
What bullshit.

I disagree.

Is donald not running around the country doing rallies at every opportunity?

So is Newsom. Are we hearing about Newsom 24/7? 

You are actually going to deny that donald inserts himself in to political races....

He endorses people like everyone else. In the proper context of the nation's issues, he belongs on page 5.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.8  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.7    2 years ago

Where is Newsom holding a rally? Where is his tour?

Why deflect away....

So it is you that gets to decide what should be news and where?

The disconnect is unbelievable.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @4.3.8    2 years ago

I didn't say he was holding rallies. He is campaigning.

Here:

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.10  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.9    2 years ago

You are getting so far into something else just to take light off of what you said.

Total deflection.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @4.3.10    2 years ago

Is that the end of your argument?

Good. The point has been made: Trump deserves to be on the front page about as much as Gavin Newsom does.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.12  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.11    2 years ago

When Newsom steals documents from the WH get back to me.

All you are doing is saying the media should shut up and not report on all the shit donald pulls.

Better for republicans I guess if they suppress what he is doing and saying.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @4.3.12    2 years ago
get back to me.

On the evening of November 8th, I'll be right here.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.14  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.13    2 years ago

Wearing a maga hat no doubt.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @4.3.14    2 years ago

That would be a target, as we've learned.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.16  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.15    2 years ago
That's would be a target

?   

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @4.3.16    2 years ago

Nicholas Sandmann

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.18  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.17    2 years ago

Your boy hero?

Funny as in my neck of the woods people don't seem to have that many problems.

My next door neighbor put out a trump flag while at the same time my neighbor across the street put out a Biden sign.

They still talk and are friendly.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.19  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @4.3.18    2 years ago
Your boy hero?

The left made that innocent young man a martyr.

Funny as in my neck of the woods people don't seem to have that many problems.

Where is that?

My next door neighbor put out a trump flag while at the same time my neighbor across the street put out a Biden sign.

They still talk and are friendly.

Republicans and democrats can easily be friends. It's the extreme elements of the left that got us here.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.20  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.19    2 years ago
It's the extreme elements of the left that got us here.

What got us here is statements like that. Blaming one party over the other.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.21  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @4.3.20    2 years ago
Blaming one party over the other.

They are so equal/S

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.22  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.21    2 years ago

I could say that the reps are horrible human beings, what would it change or do....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @4.3.22    2 years ago

What you have said stands for all to see

Ender
Professor Principal
4.3.24  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.23    2 years ago

I am not ashamed of anything I have said.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.25  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.3.4    2 years ago
I say BULL. The media is again doing Biden's bidding. They want to make Trump a campaign issue. THAT is why Trump is in the news.BTW ITS NOT GOING TO WORK!

Even if we left aside all of the ongoing investigations into Trump's criminality, his influence over the GOP would still be a campaign issue. 

A couple weeks after McCarthy said Trump was responsible for the Jan 6 riot, McCarthy was down in Mara-lago sucking Trump's ass. For the past year and half Republicans have been bowing and scraping in front of Trump to avoid getting on his bad side, and just as importantly to avoid getting on the bad side of Trump's multitude of cult followers. 

Trump endorsed hundreds of GOP candidates for upcoming elections, many of them election deniers. His fingerprints are all over the Nov election. 

On what planet would his malignant effect on American life and society not be a major campaign issue?

Of course if we dont put aside the ongoing investigations of this leader of the Republican Party, well, that issue speaks for itself. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.26  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.25    2 years ago
On what planet would his malignant effect on American life and society not be a major campaign issue?

On the planet where the world's oldest Constitutional Republic is fighting for its existence as a lawless authoritarian regime has left the nation's citizens at risk to rampant crime, wide open borders, Recession & inflation, and the sexualization & indoctrination of young children.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    2 years ago

JR wrrote: "The political right has managed to run their Trump train into the ditch, and Ron DeSantis is more of a problem than a solution".

Most Republicans except a hard core of election deniers don't support Trump. His never ending attention seeking is keeping the flak off of DeSantis right now. The Dems know DeSantis will beat anyone they will put up.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1  Hallux  replied to  Greg Jones @5    2 years ago
The Dems know DeSantis will beat anyone they will put up.

You have insider info on Dems? Fascinating!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @5.1    2 years ago
You have insider info on Dems?

They are a very easy read.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    2 years ago

As are Republicans ... do you think your seeds are written by sages? I have yet to come across one.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @5.1.2    2 years ago
do you think your seeds are written by sages?

Simply a rational opinion. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6  Greg Jones    2 years ago

"Oh and don't forget we are supposed to treat them like adults as they resort to constant unfounded distractions and childish garbage like personal attacks like we see in 4.1.1 ." 

And seem to get away with it....all the time! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @6    2 years ago

When something like that is allowed to stand we should be able to see the moderators name.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Happy Anniversary to my beautiful wife,

I am so thankful for our marriage every day, you are an amazing wife, mother and friend. Love you so much!

FdllG2CX0AAyNEp?format=jpg&name=small

@CaseyDeSantis

And best wishes to our future first family.