╌>

At White House conference, Biden appears to search for House Rep. who died last month

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  111 comments

By:   Just The News

At White House conference, Biden appears to search for House Rep. who died last month
"I think she was going to be here," president said.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Joe Biden on Wednesday appeared to commit an awkward gaffe when at a White House conference he apparently attempted to search for a Republican representative who died last month.

Biden was giving an address at the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition & Health, during which at one point he commended organizers for "including bipartisan elected officials" in the event.

The president listed off several attendees including "Rep. McGovern, Sen. Braun, [and] Sen. Booker." The president then added "Rep...Jackie, are you here?" while staring out into the audience.

"Where's Jackie?" he added. "I think...she was going to be here."

The "Jackie" appears to be a reference to Rep. Jackie Walorski, an Indiana representative who died last month in a car crash.

Walorski was among the four Capitol Hill politicians who last year introduced the "bipartisan, bicameral bill that would convene a second national White House conference on food, nutrition, hunger, and health." The other three were Rep. James McGovern, Sen. Cory Booker and Sen. Mike Braun, the officials named by Biden at the event on Wednesday.

Walorski died along with her communications director and district director in Nappanee, Ind., last month, in an accident that investigators claimed occurred after Walorski's district director attempted to overtake a truck.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Where Oh where is Jackie?

This is the POS that the media, Marc Elias and Mark Zuckerberg pulled out all the stops for in 2020.

What a national disgrace!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Interesting thing about the video is that he looks like he is reading the names from a teleprompter. But then I can’t decide if he gets Jackie’s name from the teleprompter or it just occurred to him. I would bet people have been prepping for this appearance for some time. How incompetent would it be if some speech writer left it in there!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @1.1    2 years ago
How incompetent would it be if some speech writer left it in there!

Oh, I think you may have something there!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Far right wing fascisism is the only national discrace America has.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.2    2 years ago
Far right wing fascisism

The number of far right wing fascists is so low as to be negligible.

Why do you waste so much time worrying over nothing?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    2 years ago

The majority of people today using the word fascist have little to no idea of the historical roots or context of the word. It has simply become a convenient catch word for the liberal left.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2.2    2 years ago

it's the catchword of the day.  Just like calling everybody and everything was "racist".

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2.3    2 years ago

Yep.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2.4    2 years ago

Nope.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago

And we are supposed to believe he's "doing just fine".  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1  cjcold  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago

Biden is actually doing a very fine job as president.

Only far right-wing fascists think differently

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @2.1    2 years ago

They're desperate cj.  All they got is projection, deflection, and denial.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  cjcold @2.1    2 years ago

What color is the Kool Aid you've been drinking?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @2.1    2 years ago

Still think that I would love another JFK!

George
Junior Expert
2.1.4  George  replied to  cjcold @2.1.3    2 years ago

JFK would be republican in his policy decisions, but still a democrat for lack of morals and racism in his personal life.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Gsquared  replied to  George @2.1.4    2 years ago

JFK would, correctly, think that Comment 2.1.4 is insane.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  cjcold @2.1    2 years ago

"Biden is actually doing a very fine job as president."

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
2.1.7  dennissmith  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.6    2 years ago

His press secretary once again tried to downplay another Biden gaffe with deflection and spin.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  dennissmith @2.1.7    2 years ago

That is what press secretaries, et. al. do.   They shape perception.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.9  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.2    2 years ago

Got to be the Orange flavor!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @2.1.5    2 years ago
"JFK would, correctly, think that Comment 2.1.4 is insane."

Yes indeed!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    2 years ago

I’d say it’s a sign of senility coming on, but of course, he has done this before.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Tacos! @3    2 years ago
but of course, he has done this before

And that major blunder was in 2008; he was only 66. Seems the writing was on the wall about his failing cognitive state even 14 years ago.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1    2 years ago

It’s one of those things where it’s hard to say. At his age, most anybody would have some level of decline, of course. A lot of times, though, when we see goofy behavior like this in a person, we assume it’s because they’re old, but really, it’s just who they are.

My father-in-law was a great example of that. In his 80s, he’d fall asleep in the chair while you were talking to him, or he’d drive super slow. My kids would think “oh, grandpa’s getting old,” but I had to tell them, “actually, I’ve known him over 30 years, and he was always like that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3    2 years ago

Desperate and deplorable.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @3.2    2 years ago

Was “D” the letter of the day on Sesame Street this morning?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.1    2 years ago

FUCK OFF

Those are my two words for the day.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

He thought she was going to be there!

Speaking for all the MAGA Republicans I wish to offer condolences to the family of the late Jackie Walorski

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
4.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 years ago

“Speaking for all the MAGA Republicans I wish to offer condolences to the family of the late Jackie Walorski.”

And if to be so bold as to speak for all of us that don’t fit your description, our condolences as well.

Tragedy knows no persuasion. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5  Ronin2    2 years ago

Brandon's ear buds must have been literally screaming after that one. Can only imagine his handlers frantically searching for Jackie who? Only to realize he meant the deceased Rep.

He needs better handlers. They could have easily spun it off as "Jackie was supposed to be here as well tonight; but she was tragically taken in auto accident. She is an example for all of us on how to work together across party lines. She will be truly missed."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @5    2 years ago
They could have easily spun it off as "Jackie was supposed to be here as well tonight; but she was tragically taken in auto accident.

One could run over and whisper it in his ear....then Joe might say "I've just been informed that Jackie died in a car crash a month ago."...."But we'll try to get her anyway!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.2  cjcold  replied to  Ronin2 @5    2 years ago

[deleted]

goose is back
Junior Guide
5.2.1  goose is back  replied to  cjcold @5.2    2 years ago
word "Brandon" makes you a fool

Says the person who thinks Biden is doing a fine job!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6  Greg Jones    2 years ago

I'm wondering how badly he will manage the hurricane

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @6    2 years ago

Has he spoken to Florida's Governor yet???

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    2 years ago

Supposedly he and DeSantis talked last night.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.1    2 years ago

Thanks for the info...I thought I heard that late last night after Peter Doocy kept asking the "WH press secretary" about it.  I wasn't sure if it was the Rum.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
6.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    2 years ago

Has he spoken to Florida's Governor yet???

Biden offered help two days ago, DeSantis has already thanked President Biden for the help and quick action. 

Biden didn't brag about helping, that's why you didn't hear about it. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.3    2 years ago

I think you missed it.

The question was did Biden call DeSantis? (As any president would)

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.3    2 years ago

As of yesterday morning....................

President Joe Biden hasn't spoken with Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida about the state's forthcoming hurricane

The White House confirmed the information Tuesday during the press briefing, saying that Deanne Criswell, the administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA, did speak over the phone to DeSantis on Friday about Hurricane Ian

"The president directed me to contact the governor early on before we even did the declaration. I did that," she said, adding that FEMA's regional administrator, Gracia Szczech, was currently meeting with DeSantis and traveling to various parts of Florida. 

Biden has called other Florida elected officials. He spoke over the phone with Tampa Mayor Jane Castor Tampa and St. Petersburg Mayor Ken Welsh — both Democrats — and with Clearwater Mayor Frank Hibbard, a centrist Republican. The storm is set to hit all three cities. 

Criswell on Tuesday repeatedly dodged questions about why Biden hadn't called DeSantis, instead stressing that FEMA worked quickly to support Florida. Biden also signed an emergency declaration to the state, which will free up federal resources. 

"We are very focused on what the needs of Florida are right now. We do not bring politics into our ability to respond to these disasters," Criswell said. "We are going to support whatever Gov. DeSantis asks of us." 

Biden acknowledged the calls with mayors later in the day before kicking off a public event in the Rose Garden aimed at discussing healthcare costs. He did not mention DeSantis. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
6.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.4    2 years ago

The question was did Biden call DeSantis? (As any president would)

So Biden offered no help at all? Also, as DeSantis is the one that needs the help, he is the one who should call and per his own presser, he did call. So, there ya go. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.6    2 years ago

You aren't paying attention. In times of natural disasters, presidents call Governors.

Biden didn't call DeSantis until late last night after it became a media issue.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
6.1.8  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.7    2 years ago

I'll ask again, did or did not Biden offer help before the storm hit?

Yea, he did, you're whining that he didn't call to kiss DeSantis' ass is proof that you just want to play partisan politics. 

Maybe Biden should fly down there and throw paper towels at people, then you'd be happy, right?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.8    2 years ago
I'll ask again, did or did not Biden offer help before the storm hit?

No. FEMA did. He just told them to get ahead of the storm.

Tuesday during the press briefing, saying that Deanne Criswell, the administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA, did speak over the phone to DeSantis on Friday about   Hurricane Ian  . "The president directed me to contact the governor early on before we even did the declaration. I did that," she said, adding that FEMA's regional administrator, Gracia Szczech, was currently meeting with DeSantis and traveling to various parts of Florida. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.10  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.8    2 years ago

So only Republican presidents are expected to call Democrat governors before a potential natural disaster happens.

Notice as per post 6.1.5 who Brandon did call directly?

Biden has called other Florida elected officials. He spoke over the phone with Tampa Mayor Jane Castor Tampa and St. Petersburg Mayor Ken Welsh — both Democrats — and with Clearwater Mayor Frank Hibbard, a centrist Republican. The storm is set to hit all three cities. 

Who is playing politics again?

Hold Brandon to the same damn standard you would hold any Republican PotUS to.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.8    2 years ago
Yea, he did

Not until it come out that he, yet again, FAILED.  

Maybe Biden should fly down there and throw paper towels at people

It's cute you think Biden knows what paper towels are.  FFS he was looking for a deceased person at a conference.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1.12  cjcold  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.3    2 years ago

No matter what happens, the far right will blame Biden for it.

goose is back
Junior Guide
6.1.13  goose is back  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.6    2 years ago
DeSantis is the one that needs the help

So Biden only helps people when they request it. That shows his great leadership, excuse me lack of leadership.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.14  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  goose is back @6.1.13    2 years ago

Or the ones that vote Democrat.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.15  Kavika   replied to  goose is back @6.1.13    2 years ago

President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Approves Florida Emergency Declaration

SEPTEMBER 24, 2022 PRESIDENTIAL ACTIONS

Today, President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. declared that an emergency exists in the State of Florida and ordered Federal assistance to supplement State, tribal, and local response efforts due to the emergency conditions resulting from Tropical Storm Ian beginning on September 23, 2022, and continuing. 

Instead of whining about Biden you could donate to any number of organizations that are going to be working to help us Floridians rebuild. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.16  afrayedknot  replied to  Kavika @6.1.15    2 years ago

“…us Floridians…”

Be safe, friend. To you and yours, and all your neighbors. 

Let the politics take a seat for a moment as the human costs come front and center.

This is when we are at our best…let it be. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.17  Kavika   replied to  afrayedknot @6.1.16    2 years ago

Thanks afrayedknot.

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
6.1.18  dennissmith  replied to  cjcold @6.1.12    2 years ago

When the shoe fits.........

squiggy
Junior Silent
6.2  squiggy  replied to  Greg Jones @6    2 years ago

[deleted]

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Kavika   replied to  squiggy @6.2    2 years ago

The Cat 4 just made landfall in Punta Gorda FL. with winds of 150 mph plus. Naples has 5 feet of water the damage is going to be massive and we haven't even seen the peak of the flooding which will be both storm surge and then freshwater flooding from the rivers due to up to 2 feet of rain. 

Since I doubt if any of you live in Florida we are not interested in who called who, but what both the state of Florida and the feds are going to do since the clean up and rebuilding will be in the billions. 

Carry on with the BS of who called who.

shona1
Professor Quiet
6.2.2  shona1  replied to  Kavika @6.2.1    2 years ago

Morning..was just reading it's made landfall..hope you will be ok batten down the hatches and stay safe..

We are watching over here and have fingers and toes crossed all you mob will be ok, but look a bit grim at the moment...

Going to be a long night for many..

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Kavika   replied to  shona1 @6.2.2    2 years ago

It is going to get much more ugly than it is at the moment, shona. There are strange phenomena taking place. The bay water in Tampa is running out to sea and part of the bay is dry. The Hillsborough river is still running out to sea. This is the opposite of what usually happens. The big problem is going to come when the water rushes back into the bay. 

Currently, the hurricane forces winds are 100 miles wide and the tropical storm winds are 350 miles wide and this is going to move from landfall on the west coast of FL across the state and hit the Atlantic still as a CAT 1 hurricane. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
6.2.4  pat wilson  replied to  Kavika @6.2.1    2 years ago
Since I doubt if any of you live in Florida

My mom is in a care center in Naples. I'm glued to the weather news.

I hope you and Red are safe.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.2.5  Ender  replied to  Kavika @6.2.3    2 years ago

Hope you all are safe.

We seem to have gotten some refugees from over there. I was seeing hundreds and hundreds of pelicans that are on our beaches. I have never seen so many, I am thinking they fled here.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.6  Kavika   replied to  pat wilson @6.2.4    2 years ago

We are good for now, pat. Our area is not getting hit like other areas but tonight and tomorrow could change that in a second.

Hope all is well with your mom.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.7  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @6.2.6    2 years ago

The Gulf Coast of Florida has huge amounts of pelicans and being a smart bird they headed out a couple of days ago.

Treat them well while they are there.

shona1
Professor Quiet
6.2.8  shona1  replied to  Kavika @6.2.3    2 years ago

Yes saw that re the sea... almost like a tsunami when all the water is drawn out to sea and then it rushes back in etc...saw people walking out on the bay area..

Animals seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to cyclones, earth quakes etc...so no wonder the pelicans moved out..

Stay safe all of you...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @6.2.1    2 years ago

That's all he's got Kav, BS

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

And to all the voters, remember:

It's not about the Recession, or inflation, or the open border, or rampant crime, or anything you've been through in the past 18 months!

Nope...

Joe Biden says that "Democracy" is on the ballot!

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago
or the open border

Literally the opposite of an, "open border".

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @7.1    2 years ago

Everyone knows the border is wide open. Apprehension figures for the Biden years are meaningless. There were 60% less border patrol officers.

Here from Biden's own department:

"In some sectors, the U.S. Border Patrol diverted up to 60% of its agents from the border security mission to care for families and children, significantly reducing agents’ presence on the border.

“On a daily basis, agents are feeding and caring for migrants, consoling children, and rescuing over 4,000 aliens that smugglers have placed into peril,” Brian Hastings, chief of law enforcement operations for the Border Patrol told the House Judiciary Committee July 25. “They continue to perform the humanitarian mission, knowing they are sacrificing the border security mission they were hired to do, day after day, with no end in sight.”

The crisis depleted ICE’s detention capacity and greatly overwhelmed its resources. That caused the Border Patrol to hold migrants in overcrowded conditions rather than moving them to ICE’s facilities designed for longer-term custody. Without this outlet, the Border Patrol was compelled to hold detainees much longer than it should.

In fact, holding 4,000 people in custody at one time is a crisis. At its height, the agency had nearly 20,000 in custody.

“Our Border Patrol facilities … were not designed to hold families or children,”   Acting Commissioner Morgan said   in another news conference earlier in October. “They were designed as police stations. And because of that, because of the new demographic of families and children, those resources became strained, and our limited resources had to be diverted from their law enforcement duties, securing the border, to address the humanitarian crisis.  Make no mistake: Our country was less safe because of it.”

Don't think you can wave some insignificant graph and tell us the border isn't wide open....or we don't have inflation...or we don't have rampant crime!

People only have to see for themselves!

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    2 years ago
Everyone knows the border is wide open.

You mean, the fake news reich wing media has told you so.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  MrFrost @7.1    2 years ago

You should have a link to your graph. 

How about a real link showing how asinine it is to pretend the border isn't open?

U.S. authorities made more than 2 million immigration arrests along the southern border during the past 11 months, marking the first time annual enforcement statistics have exceeded that threshold, according to figures provided by senior Biden administration officials Monday. In August, U.S. Customs and Border Protection detained 203,598 migrants crossing from Mexico, the latest figures show , putting authorities on pace to tally more than 2.3 million arrests during the government’s 2022 fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30. The total, which includes some people apprehended more than once, far exceeds last year’s record of more than 1.7 million arrests.

American border officials have had over 2 million encounters with migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border so far this fiscal year — setting a new record after sustained surges in migration , according to the latest Customs and Border Protection data.

The number of undocumented immigrant crossings at the southwest border once again broke records in May, prompted in large part by surges in migration by nationalities that were previously rarely found at the U.S.-Mexico border, according to Customs and Border Protection data obtained by NBC News.  CBP stopped migrants at the southwest border of the U.S. more than 239,000 times in May, though this includes migrants who attempted to cross more than once. The number of individual migrants who attempted to cross the border was 157,555, still up by 2% over April’s previous record high. 

Don't even pretend that Brandon is the "Deporter in Chief" either. 

Immigration and Customs Enforcement made 74,000 arrests of undocumented immigrants in the U.S. in fiscal year 2021 — a significant decline from the past several years, according to the newest yearly report.

Why it matters: The yearly report released by ICE underscores how the agency has transformed under the Biden administration, with new priorities for arrests, a focus on deporting aggravated felons and the end of detaining migrant families.

• “As the annual report’s data reflects, ICE’s officers and special agents focused on cases that delivered the greatest law enforcement impact in communities across the country while upholding our values as a nation," ICE acting director Tae Johnson said in a statement .

By the numbers: COVID-19 restrictions, the use of Title 42 to quickly turn back migrants at the southern border more than a million times, as well as the focus on prioritizing criminal noncitizens contributed to the decline in overall arrests and removals last fiscal year, administration officials told reporters.

• Arrests of undocumented immigrants fell to 74,000 from more than 100,000 in fiscal year 2020 and more than 140,000 in each of the three years before that.
  • It was the lowest annual number since at least fiscal year 2015, according to ICE data.
  • Deportations declined to 59,000, the lowest number since at least fiscal year 2008, according to the new report and past ICE data. More than three times as many immigrants, 186,000, were deported in fiscal year 2020 .
  • Before that, ICE made between 226,000–410,000 removals every fiscal year going back to 2008.

If there is no border crisis or migrant crisis; then Democrats should STFU and have no problem taking their share of migrants into their cities and states.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  MrFrost @7.1    2 years ago

Nice Power Point presentation.  With out a link it means nothing.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
7.1.5  Nerm_L  replied to  MrFrost @7.1    2 years ago
Literally the opposite of an, "open border".

The number of apprehensions over the last fiscal year won't fit on that graph.  Just sayin'.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.6  Jasper2529  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.1.4    2 years ago
Nice Power Point presentation.  With out a link it means nothing.

and 7.1.3   Ronin2  

You should have a link to your graph. 

That's why I didn't bother trying to make sense out of the anonymous graph in comment 7.1 . I've seen plenty of current and retired CBP officers giving real and accurate stats, and I never rely on fake, anonymous sources.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    2 years ago

Fact is that current figures are pretty much meaningless due to no real  idea how many are coming across that are not accounted for and disappear into the shadows.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1.3    2 years ago

BINGO!

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
7.1.9  dennissmith  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1.3    2 years ago

Kamala said the border is secure so  it must be true /s

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.6    2 years ago

What makes this laughable is he actually expects to be taken seriously.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1.11  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.2    2 years ago

I live right on the border in SE Arizona and see it happening every day Frosty. This is not a right or left wing thing. It is a fact that is happening right now. Our Southern border is more open than it has been in over half a century.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.2  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago

[REMOVED]

George
Junior Expert
8  George    2 years ago

Is it any surprise when Biden says something stupid?

Biden: “Remember the best protection for a hurricane is to get vaccinated.”

I’m sure the people in Tampa are feeling great.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
8.1  cjcold  replied to  George @8    2 years ago

Keeping up with vaccinations before a hurricane is wise advice.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @8.1    2 years ago

[REMOVED]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  cjcold @8.1    2 years ago

"You lost everything in the hurricane. Your livelihood is gone. Your home destroyed. You may even be dead. But at least you are fully vaccinated. Democrats, we really just don't give a shit about you."

That would make a great campaign commercial.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.1.3  Jasper2529  replied to  cjcold @8.1    2 years ago
Keeping up with vaccinations before a hurricane is wise advice.

A week or so ago, Biden said, "The pandemic is over." 

Next.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Shocking.  No wonder his devoted cheerleaders are deflecting so vehemently.  

Imagine watching him and saying,"that's the guy who should be leading this country."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Not to be upstaged, the VP made her own idiotic gaffe while visiting our allies:

Vice President Kamala Harris made an unfortunate gaffe during her speech at the Korean Peninsula's  Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)  on Thursday, saying that the United States has a "strong alliance" with "the Republic of North Korea."

"It is an alliance that is strong and enduring," she added, intending to refer to the Republic of Korea, which is South Korea's official name.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
11.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    2 years ago

They had to really scrape the bottom of the barrel to get her.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @11.1    2 years ago

Well she has all the qualifications they were looking for..........................black, female, lesbian.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @11.1    2 years ago

I'm not sure which is worse: The picks Biden has made based solely or race/gender or the picks he made based on ideology:

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
11.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.2    2 years ago

And somehow the Democrats and left expect everybody to forget things like this in November.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @11.1.3    2 years ago

Shall we tell them the bad news or leave it to Karl Rove:

"When asked in the ABC News/Washington Post poll to pick their “most important” issue, 26% chose the economy, 21% inflation and 14% crime, making the GOP agenda the main focus of 61% of voters."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.2    2 years ago

I bet you left out that dad was probably packing a pistol or something and shrieking ignorance and lies at the school board meeting.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @11.1.5    2 years ago

PROVE IT

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1.7  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.6    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
11.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @11.1.5    2 years ago

Were you there?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    2 years ago

I read an article this morning where the author tried to soften the impact of Biden's gaffe by saying it could have been an intentional comment to encourage unification of Americans of both political directions.

LOL.  If that were so, he should have said something like: "And I recognize the great efforts of the late Jackie Walorski in this regard" instead of just increasing doubts about his mental health.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11.2    2 years ago

Good one Buzz!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    2 years ago

The response was even worse than the gaffe.   They had time to plan for that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.3    2 years ago

Planning requires thinking. Unless it gets to Rice, it just doesn't happen.

Dragon
Freshman Silent
12  Dragon    2 years ago

It is absolutely ridiculous for people of either party to make a major deal over gaffes that every person who does a lot of public speaking will make. Every president, politician, celebrity, any public speaker, has made gaffes/stupid comments, it comes with being in public eye.  People continue to make a big issue over gaffes, regardless of party.  It is petty and just a distraction from much more important issues.   

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1  Tessylo  replied to  Dragon @12    2 years ago

I agree - this poor person and others died not that long ago.  It's so petty and trifling to go after every goddamned thing he says.  

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
12.2  dennissmith  replied to  Dragon @12    2 years ago

Biden does not make a lot of public speaking and yet  over and over, his admin feels the need to  say "what he really meant was......"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  dennissmith @12.2    2 years ago

You mean he doesn't speak a lot in public

I see the brilliance of those who are smearing President Biden over a simple mistake.

The woman died about a month ago.  

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
12.2.2  dennissmith  replied to  Tessylo @12.2.1    2 years ago

I mean what I said, not what you think I meant. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dragon @12    2 years ago
It is absolutely ridiculous for people of either party to make a major deal over gaffes that every person who does a lot of public speaking will make.

I agree.  But when you make them as much as Biden has in front of the world it becomes a problem.  When you start looking for people who aren't there on multiple occasions, you can't help but wonder about his competence.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
12.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dragon @12    2 years ago

Looking for a dead person, someone whose family the speaker called to offer condolences just a few months ago, isn't a typical gaffe.  That's not misspeaking.  It's not like calling North Korea, South Korea or that type of mistake. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
12.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Dragon @12    2 years ago

Agreed.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @13    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif     jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Hallux
Professor Principal
14  Hallux    2 years ago

Meh ... the White House has more ghosts than the Timberline Lodge.