╌>

Trump Says Mitch McConnell Has 'Death Wish,' Insults Wife Elaine Chao

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  19 comments

By:   Lloyd Lee (Business Insider)

Trump Says Mitch McConnell Has 'Death Wish,' Insults Wife Elaine Chao
Trump's remarks demonstrate a growing schism between him and McConnell, as the senator increasingly distanced himself from the former president.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

630214d1c9a2da001808f32e?width=700 Former President Donald Trump, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. Drew Angerer/Getty Images, Joe Maiorana/AP Photo top-left.svg bottom-right.svg Redeem now

• Donald Trump said Sen. Mitch McConnell has a "death wish" for supporting "Democrat sponsored Bills."
  • He also insulted McConnell's wife, Elaine Chao, referring to her as the "China loving wife, Coco Chow."
  • McConnell recently voiced support for changing the way Congress counts electoral votes.

Sign up for our newsletter to receive our top stories based on your reading preferences — delivered daily to your inbox. LoadingSomething is loading. Email address By clicking 'Sign up', you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider as well as other partner offers and accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

In the latest salvo from the ongoing feud between Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell, the former president posted what appeared to be a death threat against the Kentucky senator on Friday.

After criticizing McConnell for approving "Trillions of Dollars worth of Democrat sponsored Bills," Trump wrote on Truth Social that he believes the Senate Minority Leader is doing so either to spite him "because he hates Donald J. Trump" or because he "believes in the Fake and Highly Destructive Green New Deal."

"In any event, either reason is unacceptable," Trump wrote. "He has a DEATH WISH."

The former president proceeded to insult McConnell's wife, former Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao: "Must immediately seek help and advise from his China loving wife, Coco Chow!"

Donald Trump's post onto Truth Social on Friday said Mitch McConnell has a "death wish." Screenshot via Truth Social

Trump didn't specify which bill he was criticizing McConnell for approving, and it's unclear why he suggested the senator supports the Green New Deal even though the bill died in 2019 when McConnell led the Senate.

A spokesperson for Trump and McConnell did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

On Tuesday, McConnell voiced support for the bipartisan bill to reform the Electoral Count Act in light of the January 6, 2021, riot and attempts to overturn the 2020 vote. The bill changes the way Congress counts electoral votes and would make it more difficult to challenge state-certified election results.

"I'll proudly support the legislation, providing that nothing more than technical changes are made to its current form," McConnell said in floor remarks on Tuesday. "The chaos that came to a head on January 6 of last year certainly underscored the need for an update."

Sign up for notifications from Insider! Stay up to date with what you want to know. Subscribe to push notifications

Read next

NOW WATCH: Here's a full reading of the phone call memo between Trump and Ukraine

Donald TrumpMitch McConnellFeud More... Close iconTwo crossed lines that form an 'X'. It indicates a way to close an interaction, or dismiss a notification.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

Who can still deny that Trump wants to be Dictator?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

I don’t know what Trump wants or if he knows.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    2 years ago
Donald Trump said Sen. Mitch McConnell has a "death wish" for supporting "Democrat sponsored Bills." He also insulted McConnell's wife, Elaine Chao, referring to her as the "China loving wife, Coco Chow."

How can anyone still support this juvenile prick?

Trump is —in the true social media sense of the word— a troll.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago

Seems to be what I knew all along...a racist troll...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2  Tacos!  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago

The sad thing, to me, is that he has to be surrounded by people who enable and support his childish attacks - family, associates, supporters. All of them encourage it, even if only through silent acceptance. So it’s not like he’s some lonely asshole shouting in the wilderness. There is a community of people who think this sick behavior is fine.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago
Trump is —in the true social media sense of the word— a troll.

Absolutely! He continues to commit political suicide

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    2 years ago
"Must immediately seek help and advise from his China loving wife, Coco Chow!"

WTActualF is this maniac going on about?

We’re talking about Elaine Chao. She has served as Secretary of Labor (for President Bush) and Secretary of the Treasury (in the Trump administration!). For the latter job, the Senate approved her 93-6 (Mitch abstained). She was born in Taiwan and moved to America as a child. I don’t know if that makes her “china loving” and I doubt Trump does either. But so what if it does?

Whether you like her specific policies or not, she has served this country with distinction and deserves better than bullshit racist attacks. I don’t doubt that she loves America.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @3    2 years ago
WTActualF is this maniac going on about?

He's speaking directly to a large segment of his supporters who he knows see things with racially tinted glasses and love his racial slurs and barely masked white supremacist rhetoric. I know there are a good portion of Republicans who rationalize their support for him because of the Republican crafted policies he enabled and the conservative majority SCOTUS he was able to force through that overturned Roe.

But I think there is a larger portion of his supporters who love him for voicing their own racist protectionist ideology, anti-immigrant sentiments and defense of all things confederate. Defending and deflecting for those that still harbor deep-seated prejudices against anyone who isn't either a white conservative Christian or a minority that still kneels to white conservative Christians like the 'masters' they believe themselves to be. So clearly, calling McConnell's wife, who only has to look Chinese to them, "Coco Chow!" is right up their alley.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1    2 years ago

I'm married to a Chinese woman and I'm deeply offended by his statement about Elaine Chao.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    2 years ago

You should not be offended, Buzz, if you consider the source.   Trump has no grounds to insult anyone.   He is a narcissistic, lying asshole whose opinion should be dismissed by everyone on the planet.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.2    2 years ago
He is a narcissistic, lying asshole whose opinion should be dismissed by everyone on the planet.

Should be, but isn't, unfortunately.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.3    2 years ago

An interesting study would be the determination of the mean IQ of those who still support Trump compared to the mean IQ of those who don't.

Waykwabu
Freshman Silent
3.1.5  Waykwabu  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    2 years ago

Don't blame you for being offended - no matter what country the remarks were made in, or what side of politics, it is quite unacceptable, especially in a so-called civilized country.  Trump should hang his head in shame !

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Jack_TX  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.1    2 years ago
I'm married to a Chinese woman and I'm deeply offended by his statement about Elaine Chao.

I recommend you decide right now not to care enough about anything Donald Trump says to be offended by it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jack_TX @3.1.6    2 years ago

Well, Jack, I do care even if Satan himself had disparaged Chinese women.  Sure, I think Trump is one of the worst Americans who ever existed for a lot of reasons, but on the other hand I commend him for doing the right things for Israel, kept his promises about it and did even more, and that's a lot more and better than ANY other POTUS has done for Israel for a very long time. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     2 years ago

Trump proves once again that he is nothing more than a childish whining POS. I'm no fan of Mitch or Elaine but that racist BS that he threw at her proves once again what he is. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

Has he used his fingers to pull his eyelids all sideways and slanted for his crowd yet?  They would probably eat that up.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6  al Jizzerror    2 years ago

Trump used a racist slur to get the attention of his White supremacist supporters (especially the militias).

Then came  Donald Trump's post onto Truth Social on Friday:

Trump said Mitch McConnell has a " death wish ."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  al Jizzerror @6    2 years ago

[deleted]