Dwayne Johnson Not Running For President, 'I Love Being A Daddy'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  2 years ago  •  9 comments

By:   No Author Indicated

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Getty Composite

Sorry, America ...  Dwayne Johnson  will NOT be the next President of the United States, 'cause The Rock just slammed the door on a future political run for the most powerful office in the world.

Remember, the actor and former WWE Superstar admitted he was considering running for the job after  46% of the people polled in the U.S. favored  Johnson for the role.

Wrestling stars like  The Undertaker  even supported Johnson ...  telling us  last year, "I think he can be the uniter that people are looking for."

But, on Friday, Johnson shut down all the POTUS talk.

Actor and international star Dwayne  @TheRock  Johnson has been seriously talked about as a potential candidate for president – and it was talk he didn’t outright dismiss – until now. Johnson tells  @thattracysmith  he is ruling out a run for president & more this "Sunday Morning."  pic.twitter.com/38DltxUFej
— CBS Sunday Morning (@CBSSunday)  October 7, 2022   @CBSSunday

"It's off the table. Yes, it is off the table," the 50-year-old said in a teaser clip of an interview with CBS Sunday Morning.

"I love our country and everyone in it. I also love being a daddy."

Johnson -- who has three daughters -- says he understands the job comes with a tremendous amount of responsibility and would require sacrificing too much family time.

"I know what it was like to be on the road and be so busy that I was absent for a lot of years when my first daughter [was] growing up."

206220ab001446949ea9093f3e033a94_md.jpg

Getty Composite

"So, my number one priority is my daughters. Sure, CEO sounds great but the number one thing I want to be is a daddy. That's it."

FYI, Johnson's eldest daughter  Simone Garcia  is following in her  father's footsteps  ... she signed with the WWE in 2020.

#FamilyFirst

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

That should disappoint a lot of people.  If I were an American voter, he would have been my second choice.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    2 years ago

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson? Seriously?

What are his qualifications outside of being a former popular professional wrestler and starring in Disney movies and the Fast and Furious series and spin offs?

"It was off the table" What idiots put it on the table? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @2    2 years ago

I said second choice, because my first one has lengthy political experience.  So what political experience did a real estate mogul and TV series star have?  Did Jesse Ventura do a decent job?  Arnold Schwarzenegger?  Clint Eastwood?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    2 years ago

Did you forget Ronald Reagan?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.1    2 years ago

I think you have something there!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.1    2 years ago

LOL.  "Yes I did", says Buzz while slapping his forehead.  Just think, we could have had Rockonomics.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    2 years ago

Trump ran a business. He at least had some leadership experience. The term TDS best describes his presidency. I don't think it can ever be considered a success. Outside of putting three very conservative Constitutionalists on the Supreme Court; what else will he be remembered for? The Russian Collusion hoax dominated his first two years. Then being impeached twice the next two. Followed by the latest round of Democrats "must get Trump at all costs" BS concerning classified documents and taxes. His only saving grace might be the Human Fuck Up Machine that replaced him. Biden's first two years have been complete shit; and his next two will be mired in fighting investigations in the House; and maybe the Senate depending on midterms.

Jesse Ventura was Governor of Minnesota. They didn't reelect him. His claim to fame is being the only candidate of the Reform Party to get elected. Oh and abusing his power as Governor to sign a WWE match in a tv bit. 

Did Arnold Schwarzenegger do a good job? He wasn't reelected and his political career was one short stint a fill in California governor and done.

Clint Eastwood? Mayor of Carmel by the Sea. Are you sure that qualifies? He was appointed by Governor Gray Davis to the California State Park Commission. 

If Rock is really interested in politics he should get his feet wet and run for governor of a state and see how he does.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.1.5  afrayedknot  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.4    2 years ago

Then what to make of Reagan? Two terms are the qualifier? Hopefully our fascination with celebrity will never become a prerequisite to political success…we need substance, not style…and now more than ever. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.4    2 years ago

You've sure got a lot of winners who've been running the show.