╌>

Christian hate-preacher Greg Locke plans book burning on Halloween

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  19 comments

By:   Hemant Mehta (OnlySky Media)

Christian hate-preacher Greg Locke plans book burning on Halloween
Christian preacher Greg Locke also plans to burn board games, Catholic symbols, and Pokemon at his next demon-cleansing book burning

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Christian hate-preacher Greg Locke, of Global Vision Bible Church in Tennessee, plans to hold his second book burning spectacle on Halloween, proving once again that spreading the Gospel is a much lower priority than literally fanning the flames of a culture war.

There's a lot of insanity in that rant, but a few parts stand out:

Brace yourself, this will be a controversial post. The world had a melt down this past February when our church had a public burning of occult related items. I've been called Hitler 10,000 times for burning books and such. The news media was unsparing and the witchcraft world hasn't stopped talking about it for the last 8 months…

On HALLOWEEN NIGHT, at 7:00PM, we will once again gather in our church parking lot and have a massive burning. The criticism doesn't move us and we will not be bullied…

Bring every form of witchcraft, the occult, new age, satanism and sorcery. It ALL NEEDS TO GO!! Cleanse your home from Harry Potter and "play" witchcraft. It's evil and should not be tolerated. Burn the dream catchers, spell books, healing crystals and Yoga related nonsense. If you want the curse removed from your home, you need to dispose of ANYTHING THAT IS CONNECTED TO THE EVIL OF THE MASONIC LODGE. I will not argue over such a wicked organization. Even the Masonic Network refuses to publicly debate me because they know I will expose all of their secret and demonic practices. Burn every Masonic book, including the so called Bibles that are filled with witchcraft symbolism and false doctrine. Burn every ring, pendant, apron and Shriners hat. It's all cursed. Clean out those DVD cabinets and burn all those horror and murderous movies. Rid yourself of ungodly and devilish music. Clear out satanic symbols, board games, Catholic statues, rosary beads, tarot cards and demonic games like Dungeons and Dragons and Pokemon.

He's referring to a similar bonfire he created in February, when he announced he would burn things like Ouija boards, tarot cards, and Harry Potter books.

Christian hate-preacher Greg Locke is planning a "burning service" on Wednesday night.
Targets include Ouija boards ("a portal to Hell"), tarot cards, and Harry Potter books ("full-blown witchcraft"). pic.twitter.com/9iO2sr5F59

— Hemant Mehta (@hemantmehta) January 30, 2022

A better look. (There's no sound at the moment.) pic.twitter.com/qO2MQnIudL
— Hemant Mehta (@hemantmehta) February 3, 2022

Now he's going well beyond that, eager to burn anything that fundamentalist Christians like him might find the least bit threatening to their way of life. It's not just board games and "spell books." It's "Catholic statues" and "rosary beads," too. Because in the world of MAGA Christianity, even the existence of other Christians who worship differently from you requires over-the-top outrage.

While the bonfire itself is symbolic at best, it's important to consider the message these cultists are sending. At a time when antisemitism is pervasive on the Right, conspiracy theories have taken over churches like these, and the rights of women and LGBTQ people are under constant attack, Locke wants the world to know that no one is safe unless they agree fully with him. He gets to decide what's harmless and what's demonic. No childhood toy or challenging book is safe in his world.

Book burning in 1933 and book burning in 2022. pic.twitter.com/ukz3eqr45S
— Anonymous (@YourAnonNews) February 4, 2022

What purpose does this serve? It's not like these items are the only copies in existence. The books are going to remain in circulation. And the people who attend his church are arguably not people who were using these items, anyway. Greg Locke is the sort of person who rails against "cancel culture" and intolerance while calling everything he opposes demonic, never acknowledging the history of book burning because he's either too ignorant to understand it or fully aware of the fan base he's appealing to.

He's done all this before in other ways, too. He began a witch hunt against disobedient members of his church. He burned a copy of atheist Andrew Seidel's book debunking the "Christian Nation" myth in 2019. And he's creating a bonfire to destroy Monopoly tokens and rosary beads.

It may get Locke the headlines he wants, but his publicity stunt will only serve to make Christianity writ large look even more deranged and incapable of living in a diverse society.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
Burn every Masonic book, including the so called Bibles that are filled with witchcraft symbolism and false doctrine. Burn every ring, pendant, apron and Shriners hat. It's all cursed. Clean out those DVD cabinets and burn all those horror and murderous movies. Rid yourself of ungodly and devilish music. Clear out satanic symbols, board games, Catholic statues, rosary beads, tarot cards and demonic games like Dungeons and Dragons and Pokemon.

One wonders which political ideology is more prone to support this sort of insanity.  Is it the "left" that will be burning Harry Potter books on Halloween, or the evangelical "right" ?  

I think we all know the answer to that. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
Is it the "left" that will be burning Harry Potter books on Halloween, or the evangelical "right" ? 

Book burning shave always been the left's fear tactic.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

As philosopher George Santayana warned, and history repeats itself...

nazi-book-burning-influnced-the-author-it-showed-him-that-the-best-way-of-censorship-is-by-burning-knowldge-in-the-books.jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    2 years ago

"If one doesn't learn from it!"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

Is burning Harry Potter books a right wing thing or a left wing thing ? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    2 years ago

I don't know quite as much about the right as I do the left.  I don't think one crackpot represents either.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

I have a feeling that a lack of learning is one of America's biggest problems, and leads the nation in the wrong directions.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.3    2 years ago

Actually, it's just the opposite. It's the ideas of people like Derrick Bell that have dominated the university and it is that ideology which has done so damage to the country.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    2 years ago

If you need more right-wing education go to Hillsdale, home of MAGA.

Talk about damaging the country they can spout more BS lines in two pages than a major university can in two years.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    2 years ago

Your usual nonsense i.e. liberal indoctrination or should I say bullshiit

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.5    2 years ago
If you need more right-wing education go to Hillsdale

Isn't that the only college that does receive federal funding?

Talk about damaging the country they can spout more BS lines in two pages than a major university can in two years.

Did you go there?

evilone
Professor Guide
3  evilone    2 years ago

After divorcing my first wife over 20 years ago she threw out all the Disney movies as Satanic and told me Catholics weren't Real Christians™ because they worshiped idols of saints and the Virgin Mary. The sentiments have been around since man started moving from place to place, it's just now we have internet to spread hate.

The only fun I get out of this shit is when these assholes turn on each other.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

The only publicity this guy gets is from the left wing, who need him as a boogeyman.  In a country of the 330 million people they can always invent someone to fundraise off of. It's a nice, mutually beneficial relationship Locke and the Left have. 

I looked up his "church".  It's a little bigger than a house.  But maybe the DNC will give him millions too to broaden his reach.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    2 years ago

Deranged evangelical Christians are almost entirely conservatives. I hope you don't think this guy is the only one out there like this because there is a lot

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 years ago

How many do you think there are John? Common give us a number.

Better live in fear and hide from them if there really are that many. They will be coming for you./S

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5  Ronin2    2 years ago

Did Locke pay for the books that he is burning? Were they given to him? Is he burning the books on public or private land? If public does he have a permit?

So long as he acquired the books legally; and he isn't breaking any zoning burning ordinances; he is within his rights. If he is breaking any laws then prosecute the hell out of him.

Too much attention is given to small groups of morons by the media. It gives them free publicity and allows like minded morons to find them so their numbers swell.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
6  Revillug    2 years ago

I'm willing to donate Bibles (nothing bursts into flames like the Bible in the hands of a hypocrite) and lighter fluid to get the fire started right.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

"but his publicity stunt will only serve to make Christianity writ large look even more deranged and incapable of living in a diverse society."

Bullshit.  It shows that there are outliers everywhere.  Anyone that takes the action of a nut case and tries to make a statement about a whole group of people is just full of shit and trying to get others to have a bite.  You would think the people that kept saying the rioters did not represent the BLM protesters would know that. 

Revillug
Freshman Participates
7.1  Revillug  replied to  Right Down the Center @7    2 years ago

Hey, that's actually a very good point.

Religion occupies a complicated (and diverse) place in American society and around the world. Sometimes religions seek to lord it over the rest of us. Sometimes they are marginalized groups. Sometimes they are groups dedicated to social justice. Sometimes they are ugly intolerant book burners.