╌>

Biden's demented desperate speech

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  280 comments

Biden's demented desperate speech
But there’s something else at stake, democracy itself. I’m not the only one who sees it. Recent polls have shown an overwhelming majority of Americans believe our democracy is at risk, that our democracy is under threat. They too see that democracy is on the ballot this year, and they’re deeply concerned about it.

The midterm elections are 5 days away. As Jen Psaki recently noted: If that election is a referendum on Joe Biden, the democrats will lose. At no point has Biden ever recoiled from his far left policies. Last night Joe Biden gave what was a very divisive speech in which he told voters to vote democrat in order to "preserve democracy." Fittingly the speech was given in what once was a beautiful DC location: Union Station, which is today a filthy shell of it's former self. Kind of like what progressive have done to the nation.

This is how he began that speech:

"Good evening, everyone.

Just a few days ago, a little before 2:30 a.m. in the morning, a man smashed the back windows and broke into the home of the speaker of the House of Representatives, the third-highest-ranking official in America. He carried in his backpack zip ties, duct tape, rope and a hammer.

As he told the police, he had come looking for Nancy Pelosi to take her hostage, to interrogate her, to threaten to break her kneecaps. But she wasn’t there. Her husband, my friend Paul Pelosi, was home alone. The assailant tried to take Paul hostage. He woke him up, and he wanted to tie him up. The assailant ended up using a hammer to smash Paul’s skull. Thankfully, by the grace of God, Paul survived.

All this happened after the assault, and it just — it’s hard to even say. It’s hard to even say. After the assailant entered the home asking: “Where’s Nancy? Where’s Nancy?” Those are the very same words used by the mob when they stormed the United States Capitol on January the 6th, when they broke windows, kicked in the doors, brutally attacked law enforcement, roamed the corridors hunting for officials and erected gallows to hang the former vice president, Mike Pence."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/02/us/politics/transcript-biden-speech-democracy.html

As anyone can clearly see, whoever wrote that used Jan 6th and the attack on Paul Pelosi as its bookends. BTW, just about everything in that thirtd paragraph is false, including the very idea that the assailant of Paul Pelosi was a "MAGA" Republican. That lunatic was an illegal migrant, who happened to be a drug addict and a homeless abuser of children. (All things the left usually defends.) 

Here we are on the eve of an election when the country is divided and Joe Biden, who will not talk about the issues the voters care about, resorts to more division to hold people to their tribalist instincts. In that regard he is kind of like his mentor.

The speech comes following a WSJ poll that finds suburban women swinging towards the Republicans:

"The GOP has seen a shift in its favor among several voter groups,  including Latino voters  and women, and particularly white suburban women. That group, which the pollsters said makes up 20% of the electorate, shifted 26 percentage points away from Democrats since the Journal’s August poll and now favors the GOP by 15 percentage points."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-prospects-rise-amid-economic-pessimism-wsj-poll-finds-11667295002

Whoever is advising this ridiculous idiot posing as the nation's leader has made a terrible mistake. People saw that disgraceful speech last night for what it was. It fooled nobody. The American people have been waiting for this election.

To whoever wrote that speech:

That is why democrats will lose a free & fair election next Tuesday!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Here is the complete text of Biden's final speech before the election:

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

... and this article from the guy that thinks trump was a great president and the things he says since he lost are valid.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago
and this article from the guy that thinks trump was a great president and the things he says since he lost are valid.

Doesn't JR have his usual "I Hate Trump" article up so you can bitch about Trump instead of deflecting on this article about Biden?

Can you EVER logically defend Biden without mentioning Trump?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago

But, but, but, Jesus loves you. 

Great video. 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Ender  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago

According to this 'article' everything that happened on 6 Jan was a lie.

Unbelievable...

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    2 years ago

oh, my apologies, I thought the topic was demented speeches and it was hard to ignore the last 2 years worth from the unamerican insurrectionist former POTUS.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1.4    2 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.4    2 years ago
oh, my apologies, I thought the topic was demented speeches and it was hard to ignore the last 2 years worth from the unamerican insurrectionist former POTUS.

No apology necessary, just try to determine what the topic really is before blurting "TRUMP" out next time!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.7  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.5    2 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago
and this article from the guy that thinks trump was a great president and the things he says since he lost are valid.

The first part of that is true. The second part you falsely attributed to me. I have had numerous discussions with TiG regarding Trump's refusal to accept the outcome of the election. It's there for all to see.

Why the Jan 6th film from the Trump hating Lincoln Project?

The topic here and the issue before voters is Joe Biden, the current president.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1.7    2 years ago

I'm so proud to say that I never voted for Biden.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    2 years ago

Good job, you listened to his old boss.     
Obama ......

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  arkpdx  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  arkpdx  replied to  devangelical @1.1.4    2 years ago

[deleted]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Biden's speech last evening was a Hail Mary show of divisiveness - just like Obama's stump speeches have been. Last evening, Biden mentioned inflation/economy (voters' primary concerns) only once, but he mentioned Republicans/MAGA as a "threat to democracy" 38 times in a 25 minute speech. Gaslighting, anyone?

From what I have learned, Biden and his adherents consider the following as "threats to democracy":

• Voter ID
  • Legal immigration
  • Fox News
  • Elon Musk
  • First and Second Amendments

One more thing - I wish someone would finally teach Biden that the USA is not a democracy and that it is a constitutional republic.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2    2 years ago

Biden will go down in history as one of the worst presidents in history.    Obama tried to warn people but many still decided to vote the dimbulb in.

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
1.2.2  dennissmith  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.1    2 years ago

Biden will go down in history as one of the worst presidents in history.  

Numbnuts Biden is also the dumbest President in history

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    2 years ago

I watch his repulsive speech.

He kept complaining about election deniers. The only people I see questioning the upcoming midterm election and 2024 election integrity are Brandon and the Democrats.

In his second ever solo White House press conference on Wednesday, Mr Biden was asked if November's congressional elections would be legitimate if he could not pass his voting plans.

"It all depends on whether or not we're able to make the case to the American people that some of this is being set up to try to alter the outcome of the election," he said, referring to stricter voting rules enacted by Republican state houses.

"I'm not saying it's going to be legit," Mr Biden said when asked about the possibility of fraud in the forthcoming elections that will decide the balance of power in Washington.

"The increase in the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these reforms passed," the Democratic president continued.

Senate Democrats say they share President Biden’s concern that the results of the 2022 midterm elections may not be legitimate because of restrictive voting laws passed by GOP-controlled state legislatures and the empowerment of state-level officials allied with former President Trump.  

But the senators are torn over how hard to push a stolen-election narrative ahead of the November election in which Republicans are expected to make big gains in Congress.  

While Democratic lawmakers are worried that Republican state officials are seeking to suppress Democratic votes, some are leery of sounding like Trump, who made predictions of widespread election fraud before the 2020 presidential election and continues to do so on a regular basis.  

Hillary Clinton has claimed Republicans “already have a plan” to steal the 2024 presidential election, the latest in a series of wild charges by the former first lady, senator from New York and secretary of state.

“Right-wing extremists already have a plan to literally steal the next presidential election, and they’re not making a secret of it,” Clinton says in the Oct. 21 video from the progressive organization Indivisible.

“The right-wing-controlled Supreme Court may be poised to rule on giving state legislatures the power to overturn presidential elections,” she adds, referring to a case before the high court involving the invalidation of North Carolina’s congressional map by a state court.

The case, Moore v. Harper, could give state legislatures more power in regulating elections for federal office.

As a result, Clinton warned, the upcoming presidential election could be decided not by the popular vote, “or even the anachronistic Electoral College ,” but by Republican-controlled state legislatures.

Following her loss, Clinton notoriously alleged that the election was stolen from her, comparing it in a 2019 interview with CBS News to “applying for a job and getting 66 million letters of recommendation and losing to a corrupt human tornado.”

“He knows he’s an illegitimate president,” she said of Trump . “I believe he understands that the many varying tactics they used, from voter suppression and voter purging to hacking to the false stories — he knows that — there were just a bunch of different reasons why the election turned out like it did.”

Despite there being no evidence that the 2016 election was anything but aboveboard, Clinton has insisted there is a “widespread understanding” that the election was not conducted legitimately.

“There’s just a lot that I think will be revealed. History will discover,” Clinton said in a 2020 interview on The Atlantic’s politics podcast .

“You don’t win by 3 million votes and have all this other shenanigans and stuff going on and not come away with an idea like, ‘Whoa, something’s not right here.’ That was a deep sense of unease,” she said.

Brandon was correct- Americans do fear for Democracy. But it is protecting it from Fascist Democrats that want to:

• Remove state's power to run elections (violating the Constitution).
  • Do away with the filibuster
  • Pack the Supreme Court
  • Democrats have already weaponized the IRS, DOJ, and FBI into functioning arms of the DOC.

Once again Brandon is trying to demonize anyone that dares to not march in lock step with the Democrat Party. All of the US flags that were surrounding him during his speech need to be burned. His very presence has sullied them.

Midterms need to be a reckoning for the Democrats; and any Republican politicians and leaders stupid enough to think that a Democrat is better than a member of their own party. McConnell needs to lose his position in the Senate, period.   

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2    2 years ago

Your usual projection.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1    2 years ago

The projection provided by Biden.

The riots of 2020 took 2 dozen lives.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    2 years ago

No projection whatsoever from President Biden.  None.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.2    2 years ago

You don't think the left has been outrageously violent?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    2 years ago

No, that would be the 'right'

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.4    2 years ago

They didn't kill 2 dozen people and loot and burn cities while the police were ordered to stand down.

The left did!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    2 years ago

The 'left' didn't do that either.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.6    2 years ago

The 'right' have killed so many many many many more of those that you allege the 'left' has

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.7    2 years ago

And you can provide your source for that?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.6    2 years ago

They certainly did:

And few were held accountable.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.9    2 years ago

No they didn't and all were held accountable.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    2 years ago

That comment there is deflection.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.12  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.6    2 years ago
The 'left' didn't do that either.  

What do you think BLM and Antifa were doing in those "peaceful protests" during the 2020 Summer of Love? Were they little Girl Scouts selling cookies?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.12    2 years ago

More deflection 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.14  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2.1    2 years ago

As usual you have nothing.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.14    2 years ago

Your usual projection.

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
2.1.16  dennissmith  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.2    2 years ago
That's because Biden doesn't know how to project anything.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @2    2 years ago
The only people I see questioning the upcoming midterm election and 2024 election integrity are Brandon and the Democrats

At this point the democrats have talked about the 2020 election more than anyone else ever did.

Brandon was correct- Americans do fear for Democracy. But it is protecting it from Fascist Democrats that want to:

• Remove state's power to run elections (violating the Constitution).  hydesmith.senate
  • Do away with the filibuster  cnn
  • Pack the Supreme Court  nbcnews
  • Democrats have already weaponized the IRS, DOJ, and FBI into functioning arms of the DOC.

Listening to him, one might forget that it is they who ruled for the past 2 years!

Once again Brandon is trying to demonize anyone that dares to not march in lock step with the Democrat Party. All of the US flags that were surrounding him during his speech need to be burned. His very presence has sullied them.

Midterms need to be a reckoning for the Democrats; and any Republican politicians and leaders stupid enough to think that a Democrat is better than a member of their own party. McConnell needs to lose his position in the Senate, period

Not sure about McConnell, but well said!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Ronin2 @2    2 years ago
He kept complaining about election deniers.

He thinks that no one remembers the long list of Democrats who were/are election deniers ... starting with Al Gore, Bill Clinton, Maxine Waters, Barbara Lee, Hillary Clinton, Sheila Jackson Lee, Stacey Abrams, Karine Jean-Pierre, and many others.

OVER 150 EXAMPLES OF DEMOCRATS DENYING ELECTION RESULTS

Ender
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.3    2 years ago

If you really think any of those people took it to the extreme that trump did I have a bridge for sale.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.3.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.3    2 years ago

In a sign of little Democrats actually care about election denial, Biden selected a certified election denier as his OFFICAL SPOKESPERSON and not a single Democrat so much as blinked an eye. 

It's only a problem when Republicans do it. No one can lead, or even be taken seriously on a subject by rational people, if they refuse to address/admit  their own problems first. 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.3.2    2 years ago

Most of that list is about the SC decision.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @2.3.1    2 years ago
If you really think any of those people took it to the extreme that trump did I have a bridge for sale.

Now THAT sounds like something a little girl might say if they were fighting with their brother--"I didn't hit you that hard!!" after hitting the brother first and him returning the favor.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.3.5  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @2.3.4    2 years ago

Says the one that never adds any content.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @2.3.5    2 years ago
Says the one that never adds any content.

If I haven't told you before:

Your ability, or inability, to comprehend what I post is a reflection on you alone, not me.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.7  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @2.3.5    2 years ago

Says the one who actually believes that they add content

Ender
Professor Principal
2.3.8  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.7    2 years ago

When did you turn rightwing nutjob?

independent Liberal
Freshman Quiet
2.3.9  independent Liberal  replied to  Ender @2.3.8    2 years ago

Calling people names certainly won't make your point, it really has one purpose It is an admission of intellectual defeat. It says I have nothing to say really but here have an insult so i can feel better.

We have to do better, we have to engage in open dialogue, when someone resorts to insults, ignore it and continue on. We have to actually entertain real conversations to make progress in this country. What we have been doing has been an utter failure. 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.3.10  Ender  replied to  independent Liberal @2.3.9    2 years ago

Blow it out your ears. I have been talking to these same people for years.

You know nothing.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ender @2.3.10    2 years ago
Blow it out your ears. I have been talking to these same people for years. You know nothing.

THERE!!!  RIGHT THERE!!!!! THAT'S the tolerance we've all come to expect from the left.  And on top of it you actually expect to be taken seriously.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.3.12  Ender  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3.11    2 years ago

Oh no! The left is so mean and the right is pure as snow....

Please.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3.13  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ender @2.3.12    2 years ago

And you think playing childish games is the way to go?  Let me guess, you claim to be an adult and be taken seriously don't you? 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.3.14  Ender  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3.13    2 years ago

Childish games? Like this 'article' saying what happened on 6 Jan was a lie?

You all offer nothing but insults then feign being butthurt when the same is returned.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.15  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ender @2.3.14    2 years ago
Like this 'article' saying what happened on 6 Jan was a lie

Where does it say that?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.16  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @2.3.8    2 years ago

Lol .... I’ll let you know if and when that happens.    In the meantime, keep on hating on there avatar of peace.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.3.17  Ender  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.15    2 years ago

He removed the part where he said the third whole paragraph he posted was a lie.

I copied and posted it at comment 10.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.3.18  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @2.3.16    2 years ago

Keep on keeping on.

Funny, I use to be able to talk to you, now you seem to play into the right wing narrative.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.19  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @2.3.18    2 years ago

Yep, I have the temerity to have my own opinions.

No apologies are forthcoming for that.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3.20  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ender @2.3.14    2 years ago

Childish games like I pointed out in 3.2.11

I'm not butthurt about a goddamn thing.  Seems you may be for calling you out.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 years ago
That lunatic was an illegal migrant, who happened to be a drug addict and a homeless abuser of children. (All things the left usually defends.) 

That sentence is hysterical. I dont mean hysterical funny. Hysterical delusional and desperate. 

The man is from CANADA. You could take all the times the right has complained about illegal migrants from Canada and not fill a paragraph with it.  Now all of the sudden migration from Canada is a national existential crisis - rofl. 

David Depape ran multiple blogs and websites. They may have been tiny enterprises with few readers, but they are a record of what he believed. His beliefs align with near perfection to MAGA ideology and Q Anon and Trumpster obsessions. 

Now the morons on the right want to blame the attack on San Francisco homelessness. How many homeless were in the Jan 6 mob?  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago
  1. ...

2 days ago · Mr.   DePape’s   website, frenlyfrens.com, has been taken down, but it included rants against Jewish people, Blacks, Democrats, the media and transgender persons, according to …

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 years ago

Your link can't be reached.

Good luck with your conspiracy theory

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    2 years ago

I just clicked on it Vic. It works. Get a grip. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.2    2 years ago

Here's what I get:

Oops, we can't seem to find that page

George
Junior Expert
3.1.4  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    2 years ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    2 years ago

I didn't have a problem accessing the page. There is a paywall so that could be your problem.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @3.1.4    2 years ago

Yup that's what I'm getting.

I don't doubt that was part of this lunatic's contradictory beliefs, but I know there was more to that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @3.1.5    2 years ago
There is a paywall so that could be your problem.

Then that is the problem for most us us.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @3.1.5    2 years ago

The link is to the Washington Examiner. I dont have a subscription to that , and I can open the link, so i dont think that is the problem.  If Vic would like, I'll just post the whole article here. 

Every time things like this happen the right just throws the muddy kitchen sink at the wall. Now it's "an illegal migrant" who did it. The frigging guy is from Canada, but the geniuses on the right want to inflame the base by invoking "illegal" as if were from the southern countries.  Pure insanity. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.8    2 years ago
  If Vic would like, I'll just post the whole article here. 

Please do, so that we can read it all

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.8    2 years ago
The link is to the Washington Examiner.

No the link is to the Washington Times and I get the same Oops we can't find that page.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.8    2 years ago

Post the whole article.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.9    2 years ago

www.washingtontimes.com   /news/2022/oct/31/david-depape-accused-attacker-paul-pelosi-had-zip-/

David DePape, accused attacker of Paul Pelosi, had zip ties, wrote blog with fairy rantings, screeds

Tom Howell Jr. 5-6 minutes   10/31/2022

David DePape , who is accused of attacking House Speaker   Nancy Pelosi ’s husband in San Francisco, was carrying zip ties with   him , ran a website that talked about an invisible fairy friend and posted images of Hillary Clinton as a zombie.

The details trickling out from the early Friday attack on   Paul Pelosi   have some people comparing it to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, when members of the mob carried zip ties and looked for Mrs.   Pelosi   and other lawmakers inside the building.

Mr. DePape’s website, frenlyfrens.com, has been taken down, but it included rants against Jewish people, Blacks, Democrats, the media and transgender persons, according to The Daily Mail.

In one post, he complained he couldn’t find a fairy house online with adequate doors.

“They have lots of fairy houses, but NONE of them are MADE for fairies,” Mr. DePape wrote.

Other posts talked about his estrangement from Oxane “Gypsy” Taub, a public-nudity activist in San Francisco.

Mr. DePape allegedly carried duct tape along with zip ties during the attack and entered Mr.   Pelosi ’s bedroom, where   he   was sleeping. The two men did not know each other, according to police.

Police said they did a welfare check at the home and found the two men wrestling over a hammer, which Mr. DePape used to strike Mr.   Pelosi   before being taken into custody. Mr.   Pelosi   is expected to recover but required surgery for a fractured skull.

Sources told CNN that Mr. DePape, who allegedly said “Where’s   Nancy ?” during the attack, brought the hammer with   him .

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.12    2 years ago

There is nothing there linking him to MAGA Republicans.

BTW..That's the Washington Times, not the Examiner.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.14  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.8    2 years ago

He overstayed his fucking visa.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.15  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.12    2 years ago
... His social media showed he posted conspiracy theories about the origins of the covid epidemic, about the validity of the 2020 election, and on the January 6th insurrection on Capitol Hill.

He first began posting on a blog titled ‘God Is Loving’ in June 2007 with rambling screeds about religion. He stopped posting for 15 years – then suddenly started again on August 24 this year with racist, sexist, anti-Semitic and crazed entries about the Q-Anon conspiracy theory.

... On a separate blog he set up called Frenly Frens, he wrote unhinged entries on how ‘Jews hate whites’, and several posts about Donald Trump, including one that said: ‘Trump you NEEEEEEEED to make Tulsi your VP in 2024.’ 

He defended former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin, who was found guilty of killing George Floyd.

DePape called Chauvin's trial 'a modern lynching' and falsely indicated that Floyd died of a drug overdose.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.16  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.13    2 years ago

whatever. i dont have a subscription to the washington times either, and i can open the link. Must be a technical glitch somewhere. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.16    2 years ago
Must be a technical glitch somewhere.

It doesn't matter now. You posted the article.

Show us the tie to MAGA?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.15    2 years ago

All of the 'right' wing talking points.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.19  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.15    2 years ago

He sounds like a racist John.

Anything else?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.20  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.17    2 years ago
Show us the tie to MAGA?

Its an emotional tie Vic. Mutual respect and love. 

============================================================

It is embarrassing to watch you thrash about , trying to pretend you are winning any of these arguments. 

Who did Depape attack? Did he attack Kari Lake? Ted Cruz? Donald Trump Jr? NO, he attacked the home of the Democratic speaker of the house. 

Is there evidence that he chose Pelosi for "political reasons" and not for "homeless" reasons?

Yes there is. His blog postings and social media, which according to multiple news reports contained beliefs and rants that correspond to what is believed and ranted by people on the far right. Disparage blacks? Check. Disparage Jews? Check. Disparage trans? Check. Promote Jan 6 ? Check. Promote Trump? Check. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.21  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.18    2 years ago

Those are not right wing talking points. They were Strom Thurmond's and he was a democrat and friend of Joe Biden, back when Biden had a functioning brain.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.22  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.20    2 years ago
Who did Depape attack? Did he attack Kari Lake? Ted Cruz? Donald Trump Jr? NO, he attacked the home of the Democratic speaker of the house. 

I heard he was against all politicians:

So now you are down to "look who he attacked" as your evidence that he is connected to MAGA Republicans.

It looks like you lost the argument and Biden has put the final nail in the coffin.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.23  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.21    2 years ago

Strom Thurmond has been dead for 20 years and was 100 when he died. Try to find something from this century. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.21    2 years ago

They have to try and demonize all conservatives.    Calling them all crazies like this nut job.    It’s all they got Vic.

Hatred for anyone who doesn’t goose step to their narrative.

Haters gotta hate ....... and they do .....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.25  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.23    2 years ago
Try to find something from this century.

It's hard to find a white rascist these days.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.26  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.24    2 years ago

You see that is what they were using as "evidence." DePape was nuts so he must be a "rightwinger."

It was obvious the moment the thing happened that they would try to tie it to Republicans. They are vicious.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.27  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.22    2 years ago

Elon Musk said Twitter wouldn't become a 'hellscape.' It's already changing

October 31, 2022 4:49 PM ET
Elon Musk regularly tweets and shares controversial things on Twitter, but now that he's the boss, his actions take on new significance. In this photo, Musk arrives for the Met Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 2, 2022, in New York.
ANGELA WEISS/AFP via Getty Images

A surge in racist slurs, a coordinated campaign to spread antisemitic memes, an owner posting a baseless conspiracy theory: welcome to the first few days of Elon Musk's Twitter.

Since the billionaire   took control   of the influential social media platform on Oct. 27, users, researchers and the company's own employees have been warning that trolls and other malicious actors are testing Twitter's limits, apparently emboldened by a new owner who has vowed to   loosen its guardrails   in the name of free speech.

The incidents are raising particular alarm given that Americans are in the final days of voting in November's midterm elections, putting government agencies, civil society groups and social media companies on edge over the circulation of false information and hateful rhetoric that is fomenting real-world violence .

Musk himself inflamed those concerns on Sunday when he tweeted a link to unfounded, homophobic allegations about the violent  attack on Paul Pelosi , the husband of Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Replying to a tweet from Hillary Clinton about the attack, Musk wrote: "there is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye." He included a link to an article from the Santa Monica Observer, a fringe website with a history of publishing false stories, which makes lurid claims about the attack without evidence.

Musk, who has more than 112 million Twitter followers, deleted the post hours later, but not before it had been retweeted and liked tens of thousands of times.

His tweet heightened fears that Twitter is headed into a new era of toxicity under Musk, who has fired the company's top leadership and   dissolved its board , naming himself sole director.

The billionaire Tesla CEO has long used his Twitter account to provoke, joke and troll. His posts take on a new significance now that he owns and controls the platform, however.

Yael Eisenstat, a former Facebook official now at the Anti-Defamation League,   tweeted   that for Musk to amplify an unfounded rumor "days after claiming to advertisers that he's going to be a responsible leader, all I can say is: I'm not overreacting by expressing my concerns." She was referring to an open letter Musk   wrote to advertisers   last week pledging that Twitter would not become a "free-for-all hellscape."

"Actions always speak louder than words," Eisenstat wrote.

Musk and Twitter did not respond to requests for comment.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.28  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.27    2 years ago

Oh I see..He wrote that there is a tiny possibility

May we see the tweet?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.22    2 years ago

You 'heard' wrong.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.30  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.28    2 years ago

Of course you deny all proof that Musk is becoming a hateful ignorant right winger and promoted a conspiracy theory against Mr. Pelosi that he was attacked by a gay lover.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.31  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.30    2 years ago
Musk himself inflamed those concerns on Sunday when he tweeted a link to unfounded, homophobic allegations about the violent  attack on Paul Pelosi , the husband of Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

On Twitter where he is promoting hate speech.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.32  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.29    2 years ago

I see.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.33  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.31    2 years ago
On Twitter

Nope. He took it down because he realized it wasn't true.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.34  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.30    2 years ago

He said it was a tiny possibility. Now we know it was the work of a mad man.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.35  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.33    2 years ago

The left doesn't know the meaning of integrity let alone how it applies in this situation.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.36  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.35    2 years ago

They've really shown us, haven't they?

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.37  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.25    2 years ago
It's hard to find a white rascist these days.

Hahaha

Complete and willful blindness

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.38  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @3.1.37    2 years ago

Good afternoon.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.39  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.36    2 years ago

Maybe if we finish off a gallon of whiskey before engaging with them.  But I think that gallon would only bring us to their level.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.40  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.32    2 years ago

No, you obviously don't.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.41  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.33    2 years ago
"On Twitter"
"Nope. He took it down because he realized it wasn't true."

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.42  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.34    2 years ago
He said it was a tiny possibility. Now we know it was the work of a mad man.

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.43  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.8    2 years ago

Oh, NOW, we get it.  Folks from Canada who are in the U.S. ILLEGALLY can't be an illegal alien 'cause they're not brown/black/yellow/red like the interlopers from the South of the border.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.44  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 years ago

Error 404

Why not try searching for it using our site search. Or check out one of our other pages... start with the  home page  to get the latest news and updates.
Sign In

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.45  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.31    2 years ago
On Twitter where he is promoting hate speech.

Democrats and leftists are pissed because that is their job! Only they are allowed to promote hate speech!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago
but they are a record of what he believed. His beliefs align with near perfection to MAGA ideology and Q Anon and Trumpster obsessions. 

His beliefs were all over the place:

"The nudist “ex-life partner” of the man who assaulted Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband on Friday has apologized to the speaker and her family for her former beau’s behavior.

Speaking with Bay Area station KGO via phone this weekend, Oxane “Gypsy” Taub expressed great remorse over suspect   David DePape’s actions , especially given as she happens to be a huge Pelosi fan. And indeed, to hear Taub tell it, it sounds like DePape at one point used to be a fan as well.

“Well when I met him, he was only 20 years old, and he didn’t have any experience in politics, and he was very much in alignment with my views and I’ve always been very progressive. I absolutely admire Nancy Pelosi,” she said."

Now we have conspiracy theories from the left flowing out of the mouth of Joe Biden,

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    2 years ago
“Well when I met him, he was only 20 years old, and he didn’t have any experience in politics, and he was very much in alignment with my views and I’ve always been very progressive. I absolutely admire Nancy Pelosi,” she said."

This is evidence he was progressive the same way me saying I once visited Detroit is proof that Berlin is in Germany. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    2 years ago

What about the conspiracy theory promoted by Musk on Twitter just after he acquired it that Mr. Pelosi was attacked by a gay lover?

Why aren't you mentioning that?

You're promoting a conspiracy theorist with this Gypsy whackjob character.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 years ago

That provided more evidence than you or Biden ever provided to false claims linking him to MAGA Republicans.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 years ago

It's evidence of NOTHING.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.3    2 years ago

He is inextricably linked to magat republicans

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.2    2 years ago

No what a bouts...Fucking Biden is supposed to be the president...

Why does he continue to lie?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.6    2 years ago

President Biden is not the one lying here

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.6    2 years ago

I see you continue to ignore Musk's spreading of hate and lies and ignorance.  Promoting hate and lies and ignorance on Twitter just after he acquired it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.5    2 years ago

PROVE IT!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.8    2 years ago
I see you continue to ignore

I see you continue to ignore Biden's lies about the Pelosi assailant.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.2    2 years ago

Deflection Alert          256  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    2 years ago

"Gypsy" hasnt spoken to Depape in 7 years, but she knows his state of mind and current political beliefs? It is absurd. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.12    2 years ago

Let's see your article in it's entirety

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.14  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.9    2 years ago

The proof is out there.  You continue to ignore it.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.14    2 years ago

Evidently you don't have any proof

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.15    2 years ago

It's true.  Musk promoted the ignorant hateful lies that Mr. Pelosi was attacked by a gay lover.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.16    2 years ago

Show us

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.18  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.17    2 years ago

I showed YOU yet y'all continue to deny it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.19  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.16    2 years ago

Lol ... Musk is living rent free in liberal heads, right next to Trump.

Funny, very funny!

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.20  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.19    2 years ago

What is funny is saying someone lives in someone's head when they are in the news everyday for what they are doing.

No one is allowed to talk about him without being obsessed?

What is funny is that he is now some right wing hero.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.21  JohnRussell  replied to  Ender @3.2.20    2 years ago

We dont have time to give a shit about what these people think. Our country is swirling down the drain before our eyes. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.22  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.11    2 years ago

Yes Vic is deflecting, again.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.2.23  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.3    2 years ago
That provided more evidence than you or Biden ever provided to false claims linking him to MAGA Republicans.

Frank Ciccarelli, a carpenter in Berkeley, California (who occasionally employed DePape) , told  The New York Times  that if you started a conversation with DePape about politics, "it was all over."

"Because he really believed in the whole MAGA, 'Pizzagate,' stolen election — you know, all of it, all the way down the line. If you go to Fox News, if you go on the internet and you look at QAnon, you know, he had all these theories," Ciccarelli said.

"He was completely caught up in the fantasy, in the MAGA fantasy," Ciccarelli said.

Pelosi attacker 'was completely caught up in the MAGA fantasy': former boss - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.2.24  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 years ago

Well maybe you should know this before assuming again - from left wing media, no less:

Suspect in Paul Pelosi attack allegedly told police he was on 'suicide mission' with more targets

The man accused of brutally attacking the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told police officers at the scene that he was on "a suicide mission" and had additional targets, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

“I’m sick of the insane f------ level of lies coming out of Washington, D.C. I came here to have a little chat with his wife," DePape said he told Paul Pelosi, according to the filing.

“I didn’t really want to hurt him, but you know this was a suicide mission. I’m not going to stand here and do nothing even if it cost me my life,” it says he added.

Asked whether he had other plans besides the attack at Pelosi's house, DePape named several "prominent" state and federal politicians, their relatives and a local professor, according to the court filing. None of the people were named.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.25  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2.23    2 years ago

Like we've been saying - this guy is a MAGAT through and through.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.26  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.2.24    2 years ago

What do you mean 'from left wing media no less' and why do we need to know what we already know????????????????

Did he name any right wing officials or their family members that he wanted to maim and fracture their skulls?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.2.27  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.26    2 years ago

I meant exactly what I stated, Tessy. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.28  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.2.27    2 years ago

So totally meaningless.  got it.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.29  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.2.27    2 years ago

It makes no sense.

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
3.2.31  dennissmith  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    2 years ago

Many things flowing out of Bidens mouth needs the admin to backtrack it. 

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
3.2.32  dennissmith  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.17    2 years ago

Don't hold your breath Vic. No proof once again

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
3.2.33  dennissmith  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.21    2 years ago

And which party is in charge of the swirling down the drain?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.34  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  dennissmith @3.2.31    2 years ago

That team is on constant alert.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.35  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  dennissmith @3.2.32    2 years ago

Ask for proof and we get silence.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     2 years ago

More whining from those that believe that the 2020 election was stolen. LMAO too fucking funny.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @4    2 years ago

What?

No bites here.

You best stick with John Wayne.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

He would be your hero, not mine....continue on 

Are you one of the republicans that believes the election was stolen, Vic?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @4.1.1    2 years ago
He would be your hero, not mine.

He was bait for you and here he is off topic

Are you one of the republicans that believes the election was stolen, Vic?

FUCK OFF

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    2 years ago
He was bait for you and here he is off topic

BS, you brought him up so he is on topic or you're off topic...LMAO

FUCK OFF

Another less than ignorant comment, well done.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Ender  replied to  Kavika @4.1.3    2 years ago

You ever notice that when you ask one of them a direct question about what they believe, they avoid answering it with everything they have.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @4.1.4    2 years ago

Ya!  Endless deflection, projection, and denial. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @4.1.1    2 years ago

he does, he just can't muster the courage to admit it. he's avoided the question for 2 years.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.8  devangelical  replied to  Ender @4.1.4    2 years ago

their political intelligence is as superficial as their patriotism...

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @4    2 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"President Biden is trying to divide and deflect at a time when America needs to unite—because he can’t talk about his policies that have driven up the cost of living," said House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif. 

Kevin-McCarthy-House-Republicans-Commitment-to-America.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    2 years ago

It is not President Biden who is dividing and deflecting.

It is you McCarthy - traitor!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    2 years ago

Not just McCarthy - the 'right'

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    2 years ago

That's our next Speaker. Show some respect!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.1    2 years ago

I see that Biden taught you well. You do know that he is a moron, right?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.2    2 years ago

I don't respect traitors.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.3    2 years ago

President Biden is not the moron here.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.4    2 years ago

Didn't you defend Hunter Biden once?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.5    2 years ago
President Biden is not the moron here.

It's either him or everyone else. I say it's him!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.6    2 years ago

Prove it!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.7    2 years ago

Nope.  It's not President Biden.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.8    2 years ago

Only you can prove your point.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.9    2 years ago
It's not President Biden.

Then who is it?   Gunga Din?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    2 years ago

Biden knows it’s time to pay the piper for his failed presidency and like a child is lashing out. It’s all he’s got.    The mid term elections will tell the tale.

I just hope our liberals friends here have stocked up on butt cream

They are gonna need it.

Badly!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @5.2    2 years ago

Remember what Eric Holder said:  "When they go low we kick 'em!"

Next Tuesday the kicking will begin!

Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em all around

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.1    2 years ago

Eric Holder is a POS.

I hope Reps try to take a high round and spend more time doing the peoples business.   Unlike the retards who have been in charge the last two years.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.2    2 years ago

The retards have to be held accountable as well.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.3    2 years ago

Agreed but it can’t dominate their agenda like it has with Democrats.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.4    2 years ago

You are right again. We have too much to do!  One of those things, as Mitch McConnell put it, is to force Biden to be the moderate he promised to be.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.2    2 years ago

Well, you are just going to have to be disappointed. Even if the Republicans take both houses of congress they wont be able to do a thing other than hold witch hunt investigations and block Bidens judicial nominees. Both courses of action would make it more likely that the Dems win the presidency again in '24. 

Biden has the veto over any GOP legislation (not that they have any planned), and Republicans wont compromise with Biden on anything. In political terms, the next two years will be miserable. Doesnt sound like a path to '24 success for the Republicans, does it? 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.6    2 years ago
other than hold witch hunt investigations and block Bidens judicial nominees

Are you claiming Republicans would do exactly what the Democrats have done since 2016?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.6    2 years ago
Biden has the veto over any GOP legislation (not that they have any planned), and Republicans wont compromise with Biden on anything.

Which will just make him even more ineffective.

History will find Biden to be one of the worst presidents in history.    Obama tried to warn you.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.6    2 years ago
Well, you are just going to have to be disappointed. Even if the Republicans take both houses of congress they wont be able to do a thing other than hold witch hunt investigations and block Bidens judicial nominees. Both courses of action would make it more likely that the Dems win the presidency again in '24. 

Biden won't be able to enact any more partisan legislation either.

Biden has the veto over any GOP legislation (not that they have any planned), and Republicans wont compromise with Biden on anything. In political terms, the next two years will be miserable. Doesnt sound like a path to '24 success for the Republicans, does it? 

Correction: The last two were miserable and that's why the dems will lose Tuesday and in 2024.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.7    2 years ago

Neither of the Trump impeachments were witch hunts, nor is the Jan 6 committee. You just babbling something does not make it so. 

The Mueller investigation was not a congressional investigation. 

George
Junior Expert
5.2.11  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.9    2 years ago

The republicans will control the purse strings, Biden will compromise or be responsible for shutting down the government. Plus blocking judicial appointments is always good when they are left wing loons.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.12  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.10    2 years ago

The impeachments were a result of absolutely nothing coming from ANY of the investigations.  And if I recall, he wasn't found guilty in either impeachment.  

You still didn't answer my question:  Are you claiming Republicans would do exactly what the Democrats have done since 2016?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @5.2.11    2 years ago

He is so far up Susan Rice's ass, that I doubt he can compromise

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.14  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.12    2 years ago

I dont answer your questions because most of them are stupid. 

The two impeachments were both the result of "investigations". How do you think they got the evidence?

Trump was not convicted because Republican senators were afraid of the revenge he would take on them if they voted to convict. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.14    2 years ago

I have a question.

Where have all this site's lefties gone?

"long time passing"

Will they be back before the midterms?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.15    2 years ago

Somebody find Peter, Paul & Mary.  I think we should have a concert Tuesday night!

"Where have all our lefties gone?"

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.17  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.14    2 years ago
I dont answer your questions because most of them are stupid. 

Just be honest for once.  You CAN'T answer them.  

The two impeachments were both the result of "investigations". How do you think they got the evidence?

Where?  None of the investigations produced any evidence of what they were supposed to be looking into.  Instead we were given "impeachments" for hurt feelings.  Which by the way did NOT end in convictions.  I guess that's what happens when you play childish partisan putt putt games.

Trump was not convicted because Republican senators were afraid of the revenge he would take on them if they voted to convict. 

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.16    2 years ago

It shall be our midterm election night theme song:

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.2.19  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.18    2 years ago

Better hope your midterm predictions don't go the way your Durham predictions went, lol.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.20  Tessylo  replied to  pat wilson @5.2.19    2 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.2.21  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.6    2 years ago

Damn - EXACTLY like the Dems did for 4 years with Trump - EXACTLY.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.22  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.6    2 years ago
Even if the Republicans take both houses of congress they wont be able to do a thing other than hold witch hunt investigations and block Bidens judicial nominees.

They will also have subpoena and impeachment power, neither of which Biden can control. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.23  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.12    2 years ago

It is a waste of time to talk to you. 9 1/2 times out of 10 you dont know what you are talking about, but you insist on constantly repeating what you dont know anyway. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.24  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.23    2 years ago
9 1/2 times out of 10 you dont know what you are talking about,

And there's the indication you can't back up a fucking thing you've said.  The liberal tell - resort to childish remarks. You can't answer my question so you revert back to being a 4 year old.  AND you expect to be taken seriously. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.25  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.24    2 years ago
And there's the indication you can't back up a fucking thing you've said.

No , its an indication that talking to you is a waste of time. I back up what I say on this forum every day. You keep repeating things that were ludicrous the first time you said them. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.26  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.25    2 years ago
I back up what I say on this forum every day.

[deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.27  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.3    2 years ago
The retards have to be held accountable as well.

seems as though a number of state and federal offices are working on that now...

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    2 years ago

oh yeah, trump was the ultimate force in uniting americans. so much so he lost by almost 8 million votes.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @5.3    2 years ago
oh yeah, trump was the ultimate force in uniting americans. so much so he lost by almost 8 million votes.

And liberals remain terrified!

How has the fair 2020 elections magically made the 2022 elections a threat to democracy under Democratic control?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.3.2  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @5.3    2 years ago

More liberal lies and exaggerations.

First of all Biden was shown to have won the popular vote by about 7 million votes not almost 8 million.

Secondly he narrowly won the electoral college by about 100,000 votes spread out over a half a dozen closely decided state.    Your exaggerations get more epic by the day but do enjoy the ass whuppin you’ve got coming.

Time to pay the piper Nov 8th.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.3  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @5.3.2    2 years ago

What do you think the republicans are going to do when/if they get control?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.3.4  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @5.3.3    2 years ago

First, what does that have to do with my post you are responding to?

Second, I’ve already been very clear right here in this thread what I think Reps should do.    

Will they let petty politics go?    Doubtful

Are you ready to admit that Dems have played the petty politics game to the hilt the last few years?     Doubtful as well.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.3.5  1stwarrior  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.1    2 years ago

Gotta 'member Tex - he uses his imaginary 250K friends and family's fingers and toes to count.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.6  Texan1211  replied to  1stwarrior @5.3.5    2 years ago

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.7  Texan1211  replied to  1stwarrior @5.3.5    2 years ago

I figured he was confusing the election numbers with the massive amount of thumpers he has chased from his property!

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.8  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @5.3.4    2 years ago

I am not the one that said time to pay the piper.

All politicians play petty politics.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.3.9  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @5.3.8    2 years ago

Wrong, post 5.3.2 was about vote count.   Not sure how you made the jump to paying the piper.

Guess you must be preoccupied with having to pay the piper on Nov 8th.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.10  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @5.3.9    2 years ago

What is going to be paid?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.3.11  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @5.3.10    2 years ago

Stupid question.

The price for playing petty politics.

Gonna be a stiff one this year.    Hope you’re ready for it.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.12  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @5.3.11    2 years ago

You actually think the right doesn't play petty politics?

The only thing that is going to happen is gridlock for two years.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.3.13  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @5.3.12    2 years ago
You actually think the right doesn't play petty politics?

Asked and answered.    See above.

The only thing that is going to happen is gridlock for two years.

Again, I’ve already shared my views on that right here.    See above.

Are you feeling okay?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.14  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @5.3.13    2 years ago

The posts I have seen from you talk about butt cream and paying the piper.

Not to mention calling the Dems retards...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.3.15  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @5.3.14    2 years ago

So what?    All comments were spot on.

Sounds like you just want to argue today.

Not interested.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.16  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @5.3.15    2 years ago

Nope, just wanted clarification.

You all are giddy at the prospect of taking control of congress.

My question only was, then what?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.3.17  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @5.3.16    2 years ago
My question only was, then what?

Asked and immediately answered.    No sure why you keep droning on about an already answered question.

And I’m not giddy.    That’s your representation.    I’m simply pointing out reality.   A reality that is likely bad for all us.    Just as it has been since Dems got this majority.

Thomas
Senior Guide
6  Thomas    2 years ago

Woof!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @6    2 years ago

What would Marx say?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    2 years ago
What would Marx say?

I love my useful idiots

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.1    2 years ago

If he is looking up from hell, he is saying "I never thought we could indoctrinate the US, I never thought of using race!"

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.2    2 years ago
I never thought we could indoctrinate the US, I never thought of using race!"

Well in reality they haven’t for most of us.

Useful idiots are plentiful and loud but they are far from a majority.    The mid terms will help prove that out.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.3    2 years ago

Amen!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7  Sparty On    2 years ago

They should never let Biden speak later in the day.   The guy clearly has sundowners.

Bad!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @7    2 years ago

Actually that was one of his most coherent speeches. He seems to do better when he is spreading hate.

Of course, they must have boosted him with Prevagen.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Sparty On @7    2 years ago
They should never let Biden speak later in the day.   The guy clearly has sundowners.

That doesn't explain his sundowning at 10AM, but I understand your point.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.2    2 years ago

That’s the puppet strings at work in the morning.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8  Just Jim NC TttH    2 years ago

All he is doing is reading what others have written. Just like all before him. Ya gotta wonder who the speech writer, delusional speech writer at that and so out of touch, is. Lot's of vitriol and fear of the orange man. Not to mention no mention of REAL issues that voters are looking at.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

In conclusion: 

We have now seen the face of cowardice and a slap in the face to this site. 

There is no place to hide now.

5 more days and you can bet your life that old Vic will be here!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
9.1  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 years ago
We have now seen the face of cowardice and a slap in the face to this site. 

Where is the "face of cowardice" Vic ? And what exactly is the "slap in the face to this site" ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  pat wilson @9.1    2 years ago

Delusions of grandeur. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.1    2 years ago

Personal attacks abound from our friends on the left.

Sad and SOSDD

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 years ago

We know who the cowards are here.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @9.2    2 years ago

the cowards are those that afraid to speak out against their lord and master, until he's in protective federal custody for his crimes against americans.

Ender
Professor Principal
10  Ender    2 years ago
BTW, just about everything in that thirtd paragraph is false

Really? You have to be kidding.....

So there was no gallows erected even though there are pictures of it...

No one went down the hall calling Nancy's name, even though it is on video....

So there were no broken windows, even though we can see there was from video....

So there was no people roaming the corridors when there is video...

independent Liberal
Freshman Quiet
11  independent Liberal    2 years ago

We have all watched over the last few years the escalation in political violence, much of it the cause of a broken system that gives us but two choices and both choices lack any solution to the issues we face. Their goal is always to win and maintain power, solutions an progress are never in the equation. The finger pointing at this point is silly.

If you think one of these parties has any moral high ground you aren't being honest with yourself. The rhetoric has radicalized stupid people and some of the gullible are mentally ill. A recipe for disaster.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  independent Liberal @11    2 years ago
The rhetoric has radicalized stupid people and some of the gullible are mentally ill. A recipe for disaster.

I agree, but when 56% of one of the party's voters believe in conspiracy theories and known lies it's easy to see which side has an actual majority of "radicalized stupid people and some of the gullible are mentally ill". That doesn't seem to be the party any sane Americans would want to support and be part of.

Some 56% of Republicans believe that QAnon, a far-right conspiracy theory, is mostly or partly true

Majority Of Republicans Believe The QAnon Conspiracy Theory Is Partly Or Mostly True, Survey Finds (forbes.com)

In poll after poll, about 70% of Republicans say they don’t think Joe Biden is the legitimate winner of the 2020 election.

Most Republicans still falsely believe Trump’s stolen election claims. Here are some reasons why. - Poynter

Birds of a feather...

If you want to join and vote along with and for radicalized stupid people, the monumentally gullible, white nationalists, white supremacists, Neo-Nazi's, rightwing religious conservative extremists and violent insurrectionists then look no further than the Republican party, they welcome your vote. But if you have a problem believing lies and actually value facts and reality, then the Republican party probably isn't the party for you regardless of what the price of gas is. If you're prone to hysterics, believe the bible over science and fall for bullshit conspiracy theories which are convenient to blame all your problems on to explain why it's not your fault you're not succeeding, then the Republican party was made for you.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
11.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1    2 years ago

So....what have the Democrats done for the  common good lately?

independent Liberal
Freshman Quiet
11.1.2  independent Liberal  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1    2 years ago
If you want to join and vote along with and for radicalized stupid people, the monumentally gullible, white nationalists, white supremacists, Neo-Nazi's, rightwing religious conservative extremists and violent insurrectionists then look no further than the Republican party, they welcome your vote. But if you have a problem believing lies and actually value facts and reality, then the Republican party probably isn't the party for you regardless of what the price of gas is. If you're prone to hysterics, believe the bible over science and fall for bullshit conspiracy theories which are convenient to blame all your problems on to explain why it's not your fault you're not succeeding, then the Republican party was made for you.

That is complete insanity. How can use such generalizations to discount and dismiss an entire group of people. Do you think by doing so you will one day change the minds of people that you dislike?  I prefer to talk to everyone. I have friends who are liberals, conservatives, moderates etc. Their vote certainly has little bearing on whether or not they are loving and compassionate humans. If we are to make progress we can't isolate ourselves in an ideological bubble in fear, we have to meet, engage and talk to these people with the intellectual gifts we have been given. These people you speak of with such distain are your peers and neighbors. Life is better when we can listen and learn.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  independent Liberal @11.1.2    2 years ago

Are you suggesting that unless we listen to election denying, white grievance addled, half wits we arent able to listen and learn?  I want to learn from people who are not in thrall to a lifelong criminal grifter , not build up the ones that are.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.3    2 years ago

John's party spent at least 53 million dollars promoting people who he considers election deniers this cycle and now bemoans these election deniers might win elections. 

I know there's one thing patriots  wouldn't  do for people they  actually consider threats to the country, and that's spend 53 million dollars promoting and helping them win elections. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.3    2 years ago

What do we have to learn from evil scum?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1.4    2 years ago
John's party spent at least 53 million dollars promoting people who he considers election deniers this cycle and now bemoans these election deniers might win elections.  I know there's one thing patriots  wouldn't  do for people they  actually consider threats to the country, and that's spend 53 million dollars promoting and helping them win elections. 

Take that lame argument to the dumbasses who care (mainly on the right). 

There isnt a single Democrat in the country who made it possible for "threats to the country" to win Republican primaries. The only exception would be the meager handful of people who voted in the Republican primaries even though they are Democrats. The people who put the far right "threats to the country" on the November ballot are the Republican primary voters who voted for them. Period. 

How stupid do people have to be to blame Democrats for Republican candidates who were nominated through an election process in Republican primaries.  This country is getting dumber by the minute. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
11.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.6    2 years ago
The people who put the far right "threats to the country" on the November ballot are the Republican primary voters who voted for them.

So $53million in contributions to those candidates did nothing to sway them from one GOP candidate to another? Yet we are to believe that 2016 tweets and facebook posts swayed the presidential?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @11.1.7    2 years ago

yeah, the argument is now Democrats spent  53 million in the Republican primaries for no reason or expectation that it would make any difference in the elections.  They spent 53 million without even knowing why.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
11.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.6    2 years ago
The people who put the far right "threats to the country" on the November ballot are the Republican primary voters who voted for them. Period

So you think that the Dems that have spent over $70 million promoting some dangerous religious fascists have wasted Dem donner campaign funds?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @11.1.9    2 years ago

Do you think that the Democrats selected the Republican candidates that are on the ballot next week? How did they do that? 

VOTES put those people on the ballot, and they all , with minute exceptions, came from Republicans. 

If someones best argument is that whackjobs are on the Republican ticket because of Democrats they need to go back to the drawing board. 

independent Liberal
Freshman Quiet
11.1.12  independent Liberal  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.3    2 years ago

What are you talking about? 

I'd answer your comment however it is so far away from what I discussed, the answer would likely result in a similar impact.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1.8    2 years ago

If someone made a commercial saying that eating dogshit was good for you, and then you ate it and got sick do you seriously think you could blame the commercial? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  independent Liberal @11.1.12    2 years ago

What are you talking about?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
11.1.15  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.13    2 years ago

You can find information on false advertising in Section 43(a) of the Lanham Act.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11.1.16  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  independent Liberal @11.1.2    2 years ago
How can use such generalizations to discount and dismiss an entire group of people.

I'm not saying that all Republicans are "radicalized stupid people, the monumentally gullible, white nationalists, white supremacists, Neo-Nazi's, rightwing religious conservative extremists and violent insurrectionists". I'm saying that it is clear that the Republican party has welcomed "radicalized stupid people, the monumentally gullible, white nationalists, white supremacists, Neo-Nazi's, rightwing religious conservative extremists and violent insurrectionists" into their party and if anyone wants to join them, then the Republican party is for them.

When 56% of a political party believe in wild unproven Qanon conspiracy theories, that's FAR more than just a "crazy fringe". When 70% of a party believe a blatant LIE about election fraud, that is no longer just some "crazy fringe", that is the "mainstream" in that political party. Anyone who jumps on that psycho bandwagon of liars and conspiracy theorists can only blame themselves for the company they keep.

I prefer to talk to everyone. I have friends who are liberals, conservatives, moderates etc.

I do as well and with the conservatives who believe crazy conspiracy theories, I refuse to discuss politics or religion. Most of the conservatives I know don't actually believe the big lie and don't believe the crazy Qanon conspiracy theories and many of them are voting Democrat this year because they're sane intelligent conservatives who are sick of the fetid disease of Donald that has infected the Republican party.

Life is better when we can listen and learn.

I've listened, I've heard all the wild conspiracy theories and the breathless tales of Hunter Biden s laptop and Soros funded lapdogs and supposed child sex rings and Democrats eating babies, but when it's clear they're fucking nuts, I see no reason to continue to listen to the ranting of crazy people.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
11.1.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.11    2 years ago

11.1.9 I see that you didn't answer my question.

One common liberal complaint has been the amounts of money spent but you seem to say that it doesn't matter.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1.16    2 years ago
I'm not saying that all Republicans are "radicalized stupid people, the monumentally gullible, white nationalists, white supremacists, Neo-Nazi's, rightwing religious conservative extremists and violent insurrectionists".

Wow. How very, very insightful of you.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
11.1.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @11.1.17    2 years ago
I see that you didn't answer my question.

Don't sweat it.  John still hasn't answered my question in 5.2.7.  Instead he resorted to the normal blathering and insults.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.1.20  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.1.8    2 years ago

Yep, so true.  

Did so with Dixon in Michigan Gov race.    Now Dems are shitting their pants because Dixon has been gaining ground on Whitmer ever since.

Dumbasses!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.2  JohnRussell  replied to  independent Liberal @11    2 years ago

Let us know the decade when your political side will start winning. Until then we work for or against what we have. 

Both sidesers are helping to ruin this country. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
11.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @11.2    2 years ago

Your side amounts to and stands for progressive Marxist authoritarianism....suitable only for useful idiots.

Most rational and sane people reject that ''side" as unworkable and in conflict with traditional American values

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  independent Liberal @11    2 years ago
f you think one of these parties has any moral high ground you aren't being honest with yourself.

Yes, and if a President was interested in leading the country and not simply pandering to the hysterics in his base for partisan purposes, he could address an important topic. But that would require criticizing Democrats too, and as this discussion  shows, many of the left are psychologically  incapable of admitting Democrats are less then perfect.  So, instead we get the same old same old that could come straight  from a dailykos diary that causes anyone with a functioning brain who remembers democrats repeatedly engaging in election denial, sowing distrust in election results and attacking/threatening Republicans to roll their at eyes at Biden's simplistic rantings.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.3    2 years ago
many of the left are psychologically  incapable of admitting Democrats are less then perfect.

Total nonsense. The Democrats are less than perfect, that is not the issue.  The issue is what the Republican Party has become. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
12  Nerm_L    2 years ago

Why is this surprising?  Democrats are scared because their old trick of getting the electorate to fight each other isn't diverting attention away from the government.  Now the Federal government is being directly attacked.  The legitimacy of the Federal government is being directly challenged.

Hasn't anyone noticed that Democrats' grass roots movements attack people on the street?  The Democrats' base do not question or challenge the authority of the Federal government.  It's okay to burn cities, break windows, loot, and attack police lines because that diverts attention away from the Federal government.  The people fighting each other on the streets is how Democrats believe democracy is supposed to work.

But Trump's 'lies' directly attacks the legitimacy of the Federal government.  Trump's 'lies' encourages people to directly attack the Federal government.  That's the existential threat for Democrats.  So, don't be surprised that Democrats will ramp up efforts to divide the country.  Democrats will be quite shameless in pointing fingers and making all sorts of hair-on-fire dire predictions.

Biden is trying to start a dog fight to divert attention away from the Federal government.  Biden wants cities burned and looted so that the electorate won't pay attention to what Democrats are doing to the country using the Federal government.  Democrats don't govern, Democrats dictate.  Without the unquestioned authority of the Federal government, Democrats can do nothing.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
12.1  Ronin2  replied to  Nerm_L @12    2 years ago
Democrats don't govern, Democrats dictate.  Without the unquestioned authority of the Federal government, Democrats can do nothing.  

They are Fascists, period

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
12.2  afrayedknot  replied to  Nerm_L @12    2 years ago

“Biden wants cities burned and looted…”

Putin? 

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.2.1  devangelical  replied to  afrayedknot @12.2    2 years ago

... his bot.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
13  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

When is Joe Biden going to be held accountable for his constant hate speech?

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1  Ender  replied to  Right Down the Center @13    2 years ago

What was 'hate speech' in what Vic has shown above in the article?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ender @13.1    2 years ago

More fear mongering than hate possibly but..................

But there’s something else at stake, democracy itself. I’m not the only one who sees it. Recent polls have shown an overwhelming majority of Americans believe our democracy is at risk, that our democracy is under threat. They too see that democracy is on the ballot this year, and they’re deeply concerned about it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1.1    2 years ago

but what?

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.3  Ender  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1.1    2 years ago

That is true for both right and left wingers.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ender @13.1.3    2 years ago

And that would be correct. But coming from PotUS don't you think it has a bit more clout?

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.5  Ender  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1.4    2 years ago

After the last six years, I am not surprised by what any of them say.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @13.1.5    2 years ago

Something we can agree on.

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.7  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @13.1.6    2 years ago

I can't stand Hannity yet I actually had to agree with him today. I was in the car and skipping stations and he was on.

He was talking about the Pelosi attacker and said that it all needs to stop, right wing and left wing, there is no place for violence.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1.1    2 years ago

We have a political party that is not only harboring a traitor who tried to overthrow the American government, many of them worship him. 

He is likely their next presidential nominee. And you think Biden is over reacting. Its hard to explain how clueless some people are. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @13.1.7    2 years ago

Hey, you can’t fix crazy.    And crazy doesn’t discern by party but I agree.   Politicians and talking heads need to stop fomenting hate.    The unbalanced take that shit and run ..... like the guy who shot up the softball game or the one who attacked Pelosi.

Ender
Professor Principal
13.1.10  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @13.1.9    2 years ago

I don't even know how the talking heads do it. All the death threats and hate mail they must all get.

It would bug the shit out of me.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
13.1.11  Revillug  replied to  Ender @13.1.7    2 years ago
He was talking about the Pelosi attacker and said that it all needs to stop, right wing and left wing, there is no place for violence.

Some day Hannity is going to play that soundbite in court.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Right Down the Center @13    2 years ago
When is Joe Biden going to be held accountable for his constant hate speech?

It seems that, to hard core Democrats, "hate speech" is any speech with which they disagree. Twitter (prior to Musk), Facebook, MSM, and Fauci are other examples.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.2    2 years ago

314360375_6214337285244557_6709326023711301016_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=7bAbi0rpF_MAX-Q1FN8&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AfB0PByu9Sliq9o8sE9eDRQseP7uD6-tVepzJsIcMUpz3g&oe=63684223

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @13.2.1    2 years ago

Occupy Democrats isn't allowed here and for good reason. Just sayin'.

Occupy Democrats

extremeleft03.png?resize=600%2C67&ssl=1 MBFCLow.png?resize=357%2C128&ssl=1

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.2.2    2 years ago

I don't see the truth as a questionable source.  What Newsom said is the truth.

What rating does the New York Post (your source) have?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13.2.4  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @13.2.1    2 years ago

I hope Newsom runs for POTUS.

I would enjoy that immensely.

The guy is a total asshat.    Right in the wheelhouse of the radical left.

Dumbasses!

independent Liberal
Freshman Quiet
14  independent Liberal    2 years ago

(deleted)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1  Tessylo  replied to  independent Liberal @14    2 years ago
Can we just give you a stuffed animal from the fair and be done with this compelling conversation?

independent Liberal
Freshman Quiet
14.1.1  independent Liberal  replied to  Tessylo @14.1    2 years ago

I actually posted that on another article, very odd, it showed up here. Forgive me if you would.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
15  Nerm_L    2 years ago

Biden's speech wasn't demented.  Biden wasn't speaking to the country or to independents.  Biden was throwing red meat to a supposedly loyal Democrat base.  That's because Biden's approval among Democrats has been slipping.

Even if Democrats retain control of Congress (no matter how unlikely), Biden won't receive unquestioning support from those Democrats.  Biden knows his legacy is sunk no matter which party controls Congress.  Biden will be a lame duck after the midterms, no matter what happens.

Biden was trying to unify true blue Democrats and he even botched that up.