╌>

Old Guy Jokes

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  last year  •  22 comments

Old Guy Jokes

Couple in their nineties  are both having problems remembering things. During a check-up, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember   ..

Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.   

'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'   

'Sure.'   

'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.   

'No, I can remember it.'   

'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so as not to forget it?'  

He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'   

'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.   

Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!'   

Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, the old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs. She stares at the plate for a moment.

'Where's my toast?'  

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. 

The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great I would recommend it very highly.' 

The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?' 

The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What’s the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know, the one that's red and has thorns.'  

'Do you mean a rose?' 

'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, 'Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?'   

Hospital regulations  require a wheel chair for patients being discharged. However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet, who insisted he  didn't need my help to leave the hospital.  

After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel him to the elevator. 

On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him.   

'I don't know,' he said. 'She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown.'

A senior citizen said to his eighty-year old buddy:   
'So I hear you're getting married?'   
'Yep!'   
'Do I know her?'   
'Nope!'   
'This woman, is she good looking?'   
'Not really.'   
'Is she a good cook?'   
'Nah, she can't cook too well.'   
'Does she have lots of money?'   
'Nope! Poor as a church mouse.'   
'Well, then, is she good in bed?'   
'I don't know.'

’Why in the world do you want to marry her then?’

'Because she can still drive!'  

A man was telling his neighbor,

'I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art. It's perfect.'   

'Really,' answered the neighbor. 'What kind is it?'

'Twelve thirty.'   

Moe, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical.   
A few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm.  
A couple of days later, the doctor spoke to Morris and said, 'You're really doing great, aren't you?'   
Morris replied, 'Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot mamma and be cheerful.''   
The doctor said, 'I didn't say that.. I said, 'You've got a heart murmur; be careful.'   

One more........

A little old man   shuffled slowly into an ice cream parlor and pulled himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool... After catching his breath, he ordered a banana split.   
The waitress asked kindly, 'Crushed nuts?'   
'No,' he replied, 'Arthritis.'

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    last year

Oh Lordy, to think that I'm not so far from there myself....

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    last year

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3  Gsquared    last year

Three old guys are out walking.

First one says, "Windy, isn't it?

Second one says, "No, it's Thursday!"

Third one says, "So am I.  Let's go get a beer."

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gsquared @3    last year

Yep, that fits the category.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1    last year

I got an email a couple of days ago from a friend with some of the same jokes as the email your brother sent.  That was one of the jokes in his email.  My friend is 86, too.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gsquared @3.1.1    last year

I'm sure these joke articles have a wide distribution.

shona1
PhD Quiet
4  shona1    last year

Arvo...some poor guy over there just a few days ago thought he had booked his dream trip to Sydney, Australia...the acronym is SYD for here..

Unfortunately he used the wrong one and input SDY...jumps on the plane thinking at the time the air ticket was cheap and the plane looked small...

Took off and wondered why the scenery was all wrong...he landed in Sidney in Montana...

I killed myself laughing and just about chocked on my tea while watching the news...🤣🤣🤣🤣

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @4    last year

It really happened?  You don't have to be an old guy to screw up like that.

shona1
PhD Quiet
4.1.1  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    last year

Yes it did happen just the other day..took the news readers all their time to try and keep a straight face.. but in the end they cracked up too...

You could hear the laughs from one end of the country to the other... certainly made my evening...

I am laughing now just thinking about it..but I sort of feel sorry for the poor guy...at least he owned up to the mistake.

The people at the airport in Montana said it's not the first time it has happened...

So if you are coming to the Land Down Under you mob, just make sure you have the right country..🦘🐨

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @4.1.1    last year

I wouldn't make a mistake with "Sydney" - It just happens to be my real name.  Buzz is a nickname my mother gave me when I was 4 years old, running around with my arms stretched out and making buzzing sounds to imitate a Spitfire - it was during WW2.  The nickname stuck, and most everyone called me by it instead of my real name ever since.

shona1
PhD Quiet
4.1.3  shona1  replied to  shona1 @4.1.1    last year

He was from New York and decided to escape the winter there..said he realised something was wrong when the plane started to land...

There was no Harbour Bridge or Opera house, instead snow capped mountains...and he knew he was cactus (stuffed) then...

There is Sydney in Canada as well..

Good name you can be an honourary Aussie now..

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.4  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @4.1.3    last year

I would certainly accept that honour.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    last year

Some days happiness for an old person can be something as simple as a good bowel movement.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Greg Jones @5    last year

You're not just kidding, Greg. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     last year

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @6    last year

My reaction as well.  But then when I sober up from laughing, I realize that I'm not so far from that myself.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  author  Buzz of the Orient    last year

By the way, I forgot to indicate that this was another one emailed to me by my brother.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8  Just Jim NC TttH    last year

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8    last year

Jack Nicholson, from The Bucket List: "Never trust a fart....".

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1    last year

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
9  1stwarrior    last year

Definitely the BEST thread on the FB today - thanks Buzz.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1stwarrior @9    last year

Thank you 1st.  I try my best to contribute non-political, educational, heartwarming and fun articles to balance the political ranting, but unfortunately what I post is heavily outweighed.