╌>

Mayor Adams rips AOC for saying Jordan Neely was 'murdered'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  212 comments

By:   nypost (New York Post)

Mayor Adams rips AOC for saying Jordan Neely was 'murdered'
Mayor Eric Adams has ripped Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for rushing to conclude that Jordan Neely was "murdered" when he was put in a chokehold by a Marine.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Mayor Eric Adams has ripped Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for rushing to conclude that Jordan Neely was "murdered" when he was put in a chokehold by a Marine.

Hizzoner criticized the progressive lawmaker along with City Comptroller Brad Lander, who claimed people are cheering how the troubled 30-year-old homeless man was "choked to death by a vigilante without consequence."

"I don't think that's very responsible at the time where we are still investigating the situation," Adams said on "CNN Primetime" late Wednesday when asked about both inflammatory tweets.

"Let's let the DA conduct his investigation with the law enforcement officials. To really interfere with that is not the right thing to do.

"I'm going to be responsible and allow them to do their job and allow them to determine exactly what happened here," the mayor stressed.

The rush to conclusions was particularly irresponsible from Landers — who started his tweet by saying that "NYC is not Gotham" — because "the comptroller's a city-wide leader," noted Adams.

Warning: Disturbing Content

Mayor Eric Adams says there are too many unknowns to conclude that Jordan Neely was murdered.Juan VazquezAdams said it wasn't "very responsible" to rush to conclusions when there are "so many unknowns" over Neely's death.CNNOcasio-Cortez, meanwhile, attacked an earlier message from Adams about the "tragic" death of Neely. REUTERS

"We don't know exactly what happened here," Adams stressed of the fatal chokehold on an F train in lower Manhattan Monday afternoon.

Asked when it is "appropriate" for subway passengers to "take matters into [their] own hands," Adams stressed: "Each situation is different.

"I was a former transit police officer, and I responded to many jobs where you had a passenger assisting someone. And so we cannot just blanketly say what a passenger should or should not do in a situation like that."

Jordan Neely was murdered.
But bc Jordan was houseless and crying for food in a time when the city is raising rents and stripping services to militarize itself while many in power demonize the poor, the murderer gets protected w/ passive headlines + no charges.
It's disgusting. https://t.co/YJeQp9bbgE

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) May 3, 2023

NYC is not Gotham. We must not become a city where a mentally ill human being can be choked to death by a vigilante without consequence. Or where the killer is justified & cheered. https://t.co/oQDnmItp83
— Brad Lander (@bradlander) May 3, 2023

Mayor Adams released a statement following Neely's death.

The city medical examiner ruled Wednesday that Neely's death was a homicide due to "compression of neck (chokehold)."

Witnesses say that Neely was having a mental episode when another straphanger, identified as a 24-year-old Marine from Queens, took him down from behind and placed him in a chokehold for about 15 minutes.

Still, Adams stressed that there are "so many unknowns at this time."

The city medical examiner has ruled Neely's death Monday a homicide.Juan VazquezNeely was seen getting medical care after being in a chokehold on the subway.Paul MartinkaOcasio-Cortez also accused Adams of being " especially rich" in calling for more care for those in need given that his administration is "trying to cut the very services that could have helped" Neely. Bloomberg via Getty Images

"And now it's in the hands of investigators to determine exactly what happened … We should allow the investigation to take his course."

Soon after Adams spoke, Landers replied with a screenshot of a dictionary definition of "vigilantism" as "law enforcement undertaken without legal authority by a self-appointed group of people."

Ocasio-Cortez, meanwhile, attacked an earlier message from Adams about the "tragic" death, in which he again noted there was "a lot we don't know about what happened."

AOC suggested it was a "new low" not to condemn Neely's death because he was homeless.TNSSupporters of Jordan Neely were pictured during a vigil in the Broadway-Lafayette subway station on Wednesday, May, 3, 2023.TNSSigns of a protest was seen in a subway station after the death of Jordan Neely.Valentina Jaramillo/NY Post

"This honestly feels like a new low: not being able to clearly condemn a public murder because the victim was of a social status some would deem 'too low' to care about," the lawmaker wrote.

She also accused Adams of being " especially rich" in calling for more care for those in need given that his administration is "trying to cut the very services that could have helped" Neely.

The Marine was taken into custody after the deadly encounter and then released without criminal charges. Prosecutors can opt to present the case to a grand jury and let them decide if charges should be filed

He declined to comment when reached by The Post on Tuesday.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

Every once in a while NYC mayor Adams makes sounds like a responsible human being.

How many think that we should wait until someone is killed or injured before defending himself?

How many think the insane should be institutionalized?

How many think that Soros should be barred from funding American DA's?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

Mayor Adams' own medical examiner ruled it a homicide.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Jack_TX  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    last year

That does not mean it was a murder.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    last year

According to the FBI and constitutional lawyers, that can be overruled.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

Maybe when republiCONS and CONServatives stop buying and paying for Supreme Court justices?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

Good Morning democrats

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    last year

Watched the entire video. I dont see where AOC said anything wrong. It is her opinion that the man was murdered. The police investigation will determine what happened. 

It doesnt seem that the homeless guy showed any sort of weapon, he was talking very aggressively evidently and upset and scared people. Normally , choking someone for 15 minutes is not the best response to this sort of thing. It doesnt appear there was any sort of "fight" because it says the "ex-marine" came up from the man's behind and put him in a chokehold. 

Its actually not clear, at least from the news video, that what happened was totally appropriate.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    last year

I watched it too. Working people who are forced to use public transportation should'nt have to be put in such positions.

That guy shouldn't have been roaming the streets and I'm glad he's gone.

As for AOC, she is 100% wrong.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    last year

From the video, we learn that a homeless man was aggressively harassing riders by demanding that someone give him food and money. Nothing in the video saying he touched anyone or showed a weapon. Just talk at that point. At that point one of the riders came up behind him and put him in a chokehold which lasted 15 minutes and the homeless guy died.

I think there are a lot of questions that need consideration and answers. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    last year

Yep, AOC doesn’t have to worry about such things because I’m sure she doesn’t use public transportation and if she does, she probably has body guards.

Just another loopy, out of touch bureaucrat.

Nothing more.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    last year

Not as far as I'm concerned.

You live near a big city. Don't you know anything about city life?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    last year

I used to take the subway to work in Chicago. I wasnt forced to, I wanted to because it was convenient. Occasionally someone would show up who started trying to harass people. 99% of them ignored whoever it was acting up. Or you get up and move to another car. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    last year

Vic, I dont have the slightest doubt that I am far more street smart than you are. Not a doubt. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.3    last year
AOC doesn’t have to worry about such things because I’m sure she doesn’t use public transportation and if she does, she probably has body guards.

Around the age of five, Alexandria’s architect father Sergio Ocasio moved the family from the “planned community” of Parkchester in the Bronx to a home in Yorktown Heights, a wealthy suburb in Westchester County. The  New York Times   describes  her childhood home as “a modest two-bedroom house on a quiet street.” In a 1999  profile  of the area, when Ocasio-Cortez would have been ten years old, the  Times  lauded Yorktown Heights’ “diversity of housing in a scenic setting” – complete with two golf courses.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.6    last year

A truly street smart person is smart enough not to brag about it.

Ones that brag about it tend to be taken down very damn quickly when reality strikes. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.6    last year
Vic, I dont have the slightest doubt that I am far more street smart than you a

Says the guy who thinks you can get up and move to the next car.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    last year

AOC is a flaming hypocrite.

The people that elected her deserve what they get IMO.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    last year
That guy shouldn't have been roaming the streets and I'm glad he's gone.

You're happy about someone's needless death?  Really?

I agree that people should not have to put up with aggressive people like him, however do you truly support capital punishment because someone is being a dick?

Generally speaking, if you are going to put someone in a choke hold, you'd better know what you are doing or else tragedy like this will occur.  He may not have technically committed murder (at least not 1st degree) but he was responsible for the death of another person and there should be repercussions.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.9    last year

Yep, leaving more vulnerable citizens to their own devices against crazies like this.    

The difference between a Marine and not.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.8    last year

Oh please. I didnt brag about anything . Vic made a ridiculous comment about me and I answered him. I have lived in integrated neighborhoods my entire life. I know how to act on city streets as well as anyone could, and better than most.  There were times when I was the only white person on a subway car passing through a "bad neighborhood" and I wasnt afraid. You mind your own business and keep your eyes open and you are usually ok. 

It would be interesting to hear from all the other people who were on that car to see what they all thought about what happened. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.11    last year

And the armchair quarterbacking begins.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    last year

Yeah, Subway rules.   Avoid eye contact and hope and pray the deranged psychopath doesn't physically assault you while you avoid looking at him.  

That's civilization. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.16  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.10    last year
AOC is a flaming hypocrite.

She is what Supertramp called "a radical!"

The far left got her nominated. Party affiliation in NYC took care of the rest.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.17  Ronin2  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.11    last year

Democrats do love their criminals.

Should he have just waited around until the lunatic hurt someone? Maybe killed them?

This is what happens in Democrat run bastions of stupidity. Criminals and crazies have free run; and when something like this happens leftists lose their shit.

I am sure the marine will receive a "fair" investigation by Democrat standards, "fair" trial by Democrat standards, and harshest sentencing the law will allow by Democrat standards.

Anyone with a brain should stay the hell out of Democrat bastions of stupidity.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.18  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.13    last year

Really, again with the bragging?

I am sure you are the toughest man you know.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.19  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.12    last year
The difference between a Marine and not.

We will miss their presence. Do you see the way this pos president has mocked the US Navy?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.20  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.13    last year
It would be interesting to hear from all the other people who were on that car to see what they all thought about what happened. 

Starting with those who were frozen in fear.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.19    last year

Unconscionable but nothing new for cornpop fighter.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.22  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.20    last year

I doubt that regular subway riders were frozen in fear. A couple tourists might have been. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.23  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.22    last year
I doubt that regular subway riders were frozen in fear.

That is an old story John. Most people in the inner city fear to act.

It's been imortalized by the murder of Kitty Genovese in 1964.

38 witnesses wouldn't lift a finger. many just closed their doors.

That too was NYC.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.24  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.21    last year

Yup, he another tough son of a bitch. 

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.25  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    last year

original

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.26  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @2.1.25    last year
Before you attack Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, make sure you're on here level

All that so called education and she's still a slack jawed idiot.  So how many times does one need to bash myself in themselves in the head with a sledgehammer to get to her level?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.27  JohnRussell  replied to  JBB @2.1.25    last year

It is humorous to watch idiots call AOC an idiot. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @2.1.25    last year

Supporters/enablers of the former 'president' cannot reach that level, impossible.  They're mostly high school drop outs with the emotional/temperament level of a toddler.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.13    last year

I used to ride the bus to work until I got my license at the late age of 25 and I saw some crazy shit myself - including a guy trying to strangle another one because he tripped over his foot while he was passing - it was right in front of me - one guy was I think drunk and homeless and the other guy was just pissed.  That's life in any big city.  The one guy who was pissed off -  had his hands around the drunk guys throat - not a big guy - right over the seat right in front of me until I got out of the way.  This was about 35 years ago and that incident didn't result in death - look at how, as John Russell says, society has degraded/devolved - thanks to those who I won't mention.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.30  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.27    last year
It is humorous to watch idiots call AOC an idiot. 

It is humorous to watch idiots call other people idiots for calling AOC an idiot.

George
Junior Expert
2.1.31  George  replied to  JBB @2.1.25    last year

She still has the calluses on the back of her throat to prove she earned every one of those degrees.

George
Junior Expert
2.1.32  George  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.27    last year

Like Mayor Adams? 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.33  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    last year

You are exactly right.

Which is why nobody should be saying "murder" right now.

Unless of course they're a complete attention whore using the incident for political gain.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.34  Tessylo  replied to  George @2.1.31    last year

So classy.  

Like those knee pads republiCONS/CONServatives wear?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.35  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.14    last year
And the armchair quarterbacking begins.

Do YOU think an unarmed, verbally belligerent man deserved the death penalty? 

A simple yes or no question that I am sure you will refuse to answer.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.36  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.17    last year
Democrats do love their criminals.

Too bad I'm not a democrat, but sweeping generalization noted...

Should he have just waited around until the lunatic hurt someone? Maybe killed them?

He had not even touched anyone, what makes you think that he would have started?  Should we be able to kill someone because of what we "think" they MIGHT do? 

Wouldn't you also be justifying the old man that shot the teenager for ringing his doorbell?

Or the guy that shot and killed the girl for simply driving up his driveway?

This is what happens in Democrat run bastions of stupidity. Criminals and crazies have free run; and when something like this happens leftists lose their shit.

What an ignorant statement.

Gun Violence Is Actually Worse in Red States. It’s Not Even Close.

Red States Have Higher Gun Death Rates Than Blue States.

I am sure the marine will receive a "fair" investigation by Democrat standards, "fair" trial by Democrat standards, and harshest sentencing the law will allow by Democrat standards.

The marine used deadly force on an unarmed man who was being verbally belligerent.  Your belief is that it is okay because you didn't like the guy he killed.

Gun Violence Is Actually Worse in Red States. It’s Not Even Close.

Red States Have Higher Gun Death Rates Than Blue States.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.37  Ozzwald  replied to  JBB @2.1.25    last year

But Trump has a whole building named after him.  Of course he named it himself, but that counts, doesn't it?

<sarc>

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.38  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.35    last year

Yawn, in a perfect world no but here’s the complications.

Did they know he was unarmed since he was threatening to hurt people?    A simple yes or no will do.

Did they know he wouldn’t make good on his threats even if he was unarmed? A simple yes or no will do

Were you there?    A simple yes or no will do

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.1.39  GregTx  replied to  JBB @2.1.25    last year

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.40  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @2.1.25    last year

I understand how the unemployment rate is calculated.

She does not.

Which is an incredibly remarkable situation for an economics major.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.41  Jack_TX  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.36    last year
He had not even touched anyone, what makes you think that he would have started?

Do we know that for sure?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.42  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.38    last year
Did they know he was unarmed since he was threatening to hurt people?    A simple yes or no will do.

I'm pretty sure you cant kill someone because they were being verbally threatening. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.43  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.42    last year
I'm pretty sure you cant kill someone because they were being verbally threatening. 

Exactly, if so there would even be less NTs.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.44  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.42    last year

apparently it's A-ok in maga world

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.1.45  afrayedknot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.43    last year

Bad form. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.46  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @2.1.45    last year

How so?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.47  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.43    last year

Who's been threatening you?  I will straighten them out. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.48  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.47    last year

No one, I don’t feel at all threatened.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.49  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @2.1.25    last year

Some of the dumbest people I’ve ever met are highly educated.

Higher education can be very overrated depending on who is getting it.

AOC is a great example of that and is just a socialist drone for academia.

Nothing more.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.50  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.27    last year

It even more fun watching know it all, no nothings call the people questioning AOC, idiots.    Thus proving their own premise on themselves.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.51  Sparty On  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.40    last year

Remarkable is not the word I would use.    You are being entirely too generous.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.52  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.49    last year

what is REALLY scary is that some leftists just can't admit that AOC is an ignorant woman. it's like they think she is actually intelligent!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.53  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.42    last year

I’m absolutely sure that is not a simple yes or no to my question.    In fact, it doesn’t even answer my question.

Typical BS considering ......

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.54  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.38    last year
Did they know he was unarmed since he was threatening to hurt people?

That's not how it works.  You cannot kill someone because you think there is an off chance he may have a gun somewhere hidden on his body.

Did they know he wouldn’t make good on his threats even if he was unarmed?

Other than being verbally aggressive, he made no physical actions to indicate he would hurt anyone.

A simple yes or no will do

It's funny.  You keep repeating this from my question to you, yet completely fail to see the irony in it, because you refused to answer my question.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.55  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.42    last year

Or else every "Karen" in the country would be getting shot.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.56  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.54    last year
Other than being verbally aggressive, he made no physical actions to indicate he would hurt anyone.

One passenger said the man then “removed his jacket and aggressively whipped it to the floor” of the train.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.57  Ozzwald  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.56    last year

One passenger said the man then “removed his jacket and aggressively whipped it to the floor” of the train.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Thereby showing that he did not have a gun in his jacket, or under it....

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.58  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.57    last year

I never wrote anything about a gun.  I merely disputed your assertion.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.59  Ozzwald  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.58    last year
I never wrote anything about a gun.

Never said you did.  But Sparty did, and you just shot down one of his/hers claims.

I merely disputed your assertion.

So, in your mind, removing a coat is considered a physically aggressive action?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.60  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.54    last year
That's not how it works.  You cannot kill someone because you think there is an off chance he may have a gun somewhere hidden on his body.

A jury of his peers will decide that if required.    It certainly won’t be you.

Did they know he wouldn’t make good on his threats even if he was unarmed?

Amazing that you know that for sure since you weren’t there.   Simply amazing.

A simple yes or no will do
It's funny.  You keep repeating this from my question to you, yet completely fail to see the irony in it, because you refused to answer my question.

It’s not funny.    It’s just sad that you can’t see that your question was answered.    Even money if the reason for the lack of recognition is reading comprehension issues or just the usual left wing snark.

And still no “yes” or “no” answer from you like you were given.   Typical and weak.    Very, very weak.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.61  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.59    last year
Never said you did.  But Sparty did,

I didn’t mention a gun either so stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.62  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.60    last year
A jury of his peers will decide that if required.

A jury of his peers?

I believe Chesty Puller died in 1971.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.63  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.53    last year

There is evidently no witness to say he touched anyone or had a weapon. You can't kill someone just because you are afraid of them. 

Its amazing that we even have to put that in words, but given the bloodthirsty hysteria of the right over this, I guess it is necessary.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.64  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.63    last year

He was being restrained. There was no homicidal intent. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.65  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.64    last year

Which simply means no 1st degree murder charges.  2nd degree and manslaughter are still viable options.  He improperly used lethal force on the victim.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.66  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.60    last year
It’s not funny.    It’s just sad that you can’t see that your question was answered.

Texan1211, is that you?  Usually only texan1211 pulls the bullshit of claiming he answered questions when he didn't. 

It is a well known tactic of avoiding an answer that you know is a lose / lose answer.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.67  Jack_TX  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.54    last year

How do you know?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.68  Jasper2529  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.41    last year

He was verbally threatening people in the car, yelling, and getting in their faces

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.69  Jack_TX  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.65    last year

We actually don't know that.  For all we know these guys had a previous encounter and the Marine had been plotting revenge for months.

Which simply means no 1st degree murder charges.

We also don't know that.

2nd degree and manslaughter are still viable options.

Possibly.  But we don't really know, do we?

He improperly used lethal force on the victim.

And again.. we don't know that.

So over 75% of your post is claiming with certainty shit we can't possibly know.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.70  Ozzwald  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.69    last year
We actually don't know that.  For all we know these guys had a previous encounter and the Marine had been plotting revenge for months.

That's a stretch but okay, I acknowledge that we don't know for sure.  Let me rephrase it to say there was no overt homicidal intent.  Better?

We also don't know that.

Correct, but I was replying to Greg's assumption.

Possibly.  But we don't really know, do we?

Again, no we don't, but this was based on Greg's assumption, not based off of all the facts known and yet released or discovered.

And again.. we don't know that.

Unless his intent was to kill him, YES he used it improperly as a restraining move.

So over 75% of your post is claiming with certainty shit we can't possibly know.

And 100% of my post was based on, and replying to Greg's assumption that there was no homicidal intent.  

If you are going to nit pick my comments, you should at least look at what my comment is in reply to.  My comment is still 100% correct based on the constraints that it was a reply to Greg's contention that there was no homicidal intent.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.71  Jack_TX  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.70    last year
That's a stretch but okay, I acknowledge that we don't know for sure.  Let me rephrase it to say there was no overt homicidal intent.  Better?

Only a little. 

I'm not sure why it's so difficult to just admit we the public have close to zero clue what actually happened, and just withhold judgment until we're better informed.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.72  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.66    last year
It is a well known tactic of avoiding an answer that you know is a lose / lose answer.

Lol ... only in the TDS ridden playbook.

Page one .....

Oh and this seed isn’t about me or Tex.    That would be page two of the TDS ridden playbook.    Regular use of Ad Hominem personal attacks.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.73  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.66    last year
Texan1211, is that you? 

Here is a fuckin g clue for you:

When you hit reply, then you are replying to whatever name you see there.

I gave you answers you don't like or are unable to understand and then claim nobody answered you.

Too damn bad, either learn to comprehend the answers given or stop asking.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.74  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.73    last year

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.75  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.74    last year

A typical liberal tactic-ask dumbass questions, get answers, pretend no answers were given.

Seen it many, many times here and now almost expect it from a small handful of posters.

Usually they don't even have a clue what they are talking about, evident in the questions they ask.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.76  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.75    last year

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.77  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.68    last year

So kill him?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.78  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.77    last year
So kill him?

Precisely where in comment 2.1.68 did I say that anyone should be killed? Please be specific in your reply.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.79  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.59    last year
So, in your mind, removing a coat is considered a physically aggressive action?

No, I wasn’t there.  A passenger was quoted as saying he “aggressively” whipped it around. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.80  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.52    last year

That is because some folks just cannot comprehend that simply having a higher IQ and college degree does not automatically confer wisdom and/or common sense. AOC is a perfect example of such. Some of the smartest people I have ever known never went to college.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.81  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.75    last year

Modarada-ding-dong

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    last year

Conservatives these days assume that every urban situation is a hellhole waiting to happen. I have no doubt that some of them would like to see simple panhandlers get the death penalty. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    last year

You're not listening. The insane need to be institutionalized and off the streets.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    last year

I'm all in favor of raising your taxes to pay for it. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    last year

There's not enough room though for the former 'president' and all of his enablers/supporters.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    last year

I'm in favor of using the money uncle Joe is using to subsidize green energy.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.2    last year

Because THAT is the subject of this article.  FFS try to keep up.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.5  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    last year
I'm all in favor of raising your taxes to pay for it.

TBF, you're all in favor of raising other people's taxes for a lot of things.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Jack_TX @3.1.5    last year
TBF, you're all in favor of raising other people's taxes for a lot of things.

Never a problem with spending as long as they have someone else's money!

Chicago should tax wealth in their city and pay for all the services they wish to provide to immigrants.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.4    last year

There's not enough room for you

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.6    last year

Yep I agree.   First up, Michelle and Barack Obama.    Get your check book out Barry.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    last year

I’m in favor of sending them over to your house.    You can handle it .... since it’s not all that bad and all.    You can be the first “sanctuary NTer” you’d be famous with your pals here.

Just think of it ... you’d be a hero  ....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.8    last year

naw-------too many leftists are strict adherents to NIMBY.

You see it from many of the sanctuary city mayors crying about a relative handful of immigrants. Everything was all rosy until THEY had to deal with some of the immigrants.

Sniveling little shits.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.10    last year

Lol

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3    last year

Simple “panhandlers” don’t threaten people.

No skin off my nose though.    People who decide to live in places like that deserve what they get because of the dimbulbs they keep electing.

Last person in NYC turn out the lights .....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3.2    last year
People who decide to live in places like that deserve what they get because of the dimbulbs they keep electing.

The former mayor of Chicago says the city can't support another busload of migrants. That is a strage thing for a black woman to say. The city of Chicago accomodated about 500,000 African Americans between 1916 and 1970. It was part of the great migration.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.1    last year

Do you know how many hispanics live in Chicago? 

I'll help you, it is hundreds of thousands. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.1    last year
The former mayor of Chicago says the city can't support another busload of migrants.

The former mayor is as stupid as the rest of the fools the voting public in Chicago installed in office.

Are Chicagoans just gluttons for punishment?

It is always funny when sanctuaries start whining about immigrants.

Tax your residents yet more to pay for the people you vowed to help and protect, since immigrants are more important to you than your tax-paying citizens are.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.2    last year
o you know how many hispanics live in Chicago? 

What difference does it make.

The white mayors of Chicago took in all the blacks who came and now there is a black mayor who says we can't take in another bus load. 

How dare she?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.4    last year
What difference does it make.

NONE, just a strawman argument.

How dare she?

She is a leftist without shame or sense?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.3    last year
It is always funny when sanctuaries start whining about immigrants.

Funny that they complain about hundreds when Texas is faced with millions.

George
Junior Expert
3.2.7  George  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.2    last year
Do you know how many hispanics live in Chicago?

Do you have a calculator John? 

According to 2021 US Census Bureau  American Community Survey  one-year estimates, which is conducted annually for cities over 65,000 via sampling, the population of Chicago, Illinois was 36.1%  White  (32.9%  Non-Hispanic White  and 3.2 Hispanic White ), 28.5% Black or  African American , 6.9%  Asian , 1.1 Native American  and  Alaskan Native , 0.1%  Pacific Islander , 13.1% Some Other Race, and 14.2% from  two or more races . [5]

The population of Chicago is 2.75 million, care to guess what 3.2 % comes out too? not 100's of thousands. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.6    last year
Funny that they complain about hundreds when Texas is faced with millions.

It makes me want to puke when the left starts crying about Biden policies after supporting the dumbass.

Especially in New York and Chicago, proud sanctuaries now begging the feds for money to deal with a small, small percentage of immigrants while border states and cities deal with more every month than those cities get in an entire YEAR. 

Bunch of hypocrites, cheering the very policies which have resulted in them whining now.

Ya'll always talking plenty of shit about how rich you are, just tax your rich residents more and deal with your self-inflicted problem.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.8    last year

As long as they can restrict all the migrant chaos to the border states, it won't be much of an election issue for them. That's what it's really about.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.9    last year
As long as they can restrict all the migrat chaos to the border states, it won't be much of an election issue for them.

That is what makes the Republican Governors strategy so effective.

Either the big-city sanctuaries will have to deal with immigrants on a larger basis than they previously had to or admit that the sanctuary policy is stupid.

Them publicly whining about this just keeps it in the limelight and even residents in sanctuaries may tire of it soon enough.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.11  JohnRussell  replied to  George @3.2.7    last year

lol

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.12  JBB  replied to  George @3.2.7    last year

White Hispanics are those with family roots from Hispanic (Spanish Speaking) nations who identify as white. These are those whose forebears were Europeans from Spain or former Spanish colonies who are  not racially indigenous Central or South Americans. Yours is an intentionally dishonest analysis. There are hundreds of thousands of brown skinned persons with indigenous North and South American cultural heritages living in Chicago...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  George @3.2.7    last year

Facts, shmacts!

The usual narrative begins to unravel in the face of facts.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.14  JohnRussell  replied to  George @3.2.7    last year
By ethnicity, 28.8% of the total population is Hispanic-Latino (of any race) and 71.2% is Non-Hispanic (of any race). If treated as a separate category, Hispanics are the largest minority group in Chicago, Illinois. [5]

28% of 2,750,000 is 770,000. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.15  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.1    last year
The former mayor of Chicago says the city can't support another busload of migrants.

Seems she is realizing her virtue signaling has consequences.  Maybe it wasn't a good idea to declare your city a sanctuary city when it was already a shithole.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.16  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.15    last year

original

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3.2.16    last year

And that's the absolute truth!!!!!!!!!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.18  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.15    last year

Chicago is no shithole.  You need to get out more.

George
Junior Expert
3.2.19  George  replied to  JBB @3.2.12    last year

Prove it, only legals count, scumbag intruders do not.

George
Junior Expert
3.2.20  George  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.18    last year

Chicago is almost as big of a shithole as Baltimore, almost but not quite.

George
Junior Expert
3.2.21  George  replied to  JBB @3.2.16    last year

OIP.vZCY2nCTniEpav271EoDjwHaFT?w=248&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.4&pid=1.7

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.22  JBB  replied to  George @3.2.19    last year

Prove me wring. I hear you loud and clear.

original

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.23  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @3.2.16    last year

Where in my comment did I mention this slack jawed idiot?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.24  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.18    last year

Oh, it's Tell a Joke Day already.  

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.2.25  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @3.2.16    last year

2vya61.png

George
Junior Expert
3.2.26  George  replied to  JBB @3.2.22    last year

The Clinton flag makes your point perfectly?

George
Junior Expert
3.2.27  George  replied to  JBB @3.2.22    last year
Prove me wring. I hear you loud and clear.

Followed by

original

It's almost too easy.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.28  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.2    last year
Do you know how many hispanics live in Chicago?  I'll help you, it is hundreds of thousands. 

Do you know how many Hispanics cross the border illegally into Texas every.... single..... year?

I'll help you, it is hundreds of thousands.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.29  JBB  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.2.25    last year

MAGA hate AOC because she is beautiful and is way out of their league. This is a representative of the type men who dog AOC about her looks on social media...

original

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.30  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.2.25    last year

You know what the difference is between the two?

STUPID isn't constantly falling out of the horse's mouth, while it falls in a steady stream out of the ass' mouth!

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.2.32  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @3.2.29    last year

continuation-of-aoc-is-dumb-meme-v0-kw35e217ovna1.jpg?auto=webp&s=d48f04df3b626d88ebe6409cc068c381facc979e

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.33  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.2.32    last year

Or maybe just tax all those people keeping unemployment so low through having two jobs a little extra?

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.2.34  GregTx  replied to  JBB @3.2.16    last year

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.35  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @3.2.16    last year

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    last year

Wow, who could have possibly guessed that AOC would open her trap again and STUPID would fall out?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @4    last year
Wow, who could have possibly guessed that AOC would open her trap again and STUPID would fall out?

Answer:

Anyone with a functioning brain.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    last year
Anyone with a functioning brain.

So that leave out the left.

charger 383
Professor Silent
5  charger 383    last year

There are too many crazy people on the loose and causing problems

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  charger 383 @5    last year
There are too many crazy people on the loose and causing problems

And dumbass DA's like Bragg keep setting them free.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1    last year
And dumbass DA's like Bragg keep setting them free.

And those on the left keep cheering and voting for these idiots backed by Soros--jeeze, will they NEVER learn???

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.1    last year
will they NEVER learn???

Not by a long shot.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1    last year

Most people are thankful that bystanders who took it upon themselves to protect them. This incident is only controversial because we are living through the era of the left. I want everyone to know that NBC's Today paid homage to the insane guy who was accosting people. The same mindset as the guy who simply puts up pictures or the scum that protest on behalf of criminals and btw Jordan Neely had 42 previous arrests.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.3    last year
I want everyone to know that NBC's Today paid homage to the insane guy who was accosting people.

Leave it to a liberal blogger organization to prop up the criminal.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.3    last year

I think the hero may get indicted for manslaughter. There is no evidence the insane person assauted anyone on that train, other than perhaps their eardrums. He had no weapon. We are not allowed to kill someone, or even violently attack them , because we are afraid they might do something. In retrospect, the hero went too far, and in our system of justice he has to be held accountable. 

A New York City police spokesperson told Newsweek that Neely's record has 42 prior arrests, dating between 2013 and 2021. They include four for alleged assault, while others involved accusations of transit fraud and criminal trespass. At the time of his death, Neely had one active warrant for an alleged assault in connection with a 2021 incident.

Many of Neely's arrests were for alleged violations of local law, the spokesperson said, and involved lower-level offenses such as having an open container of alcohol in public.

I heard that many of his arrests were for offenses related to turnstyle jumping (getting on the subway without paying). These are not capital offenses. Yelling at people on the subway is not a capital offense. The right is showing blood thirstiness over what was actually a tragedy, and it may end up being a tragedy for the "hero" too. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.3    last year
Most people are thankful that bystanders who took it upon themselves to protect them.

From what?

Nor have I heard or seen that most people are thankful the man was put it a chokehold for 15 minutes. 

Far right wingers in this country are trying to demonize urban life

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.4    last year

That's how far we've drifted as a society

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.6    last year
From what?

He threatened People!!

Neely yelled and threw garbage at commuters, prompting an argument with the 24-year-old veteran Marine, cops said. The quarrel turned into a brawl as the train entered the station.

I take it that from where you and AOC (All Out Crazy) were sitting, you didn't feel threatened.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.9  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.7    last year

The gop drifted (see sank) so low that a video of a white guy choking a mentally ill black man to death is jackoff material...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5.1.9    last year

As progressives  jack off to the idea of pretending to care about the death of a black man because of its racial politics.  They don’t seem bothered that their policies let this violent lunatic rambling the streets harassing and threatening people making Violent confrontation almost inevitable.  

Funny how progressives only care about a tiny percentage of black crime victims. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @5.1.9    last year

That did touch all the left's key points didn't it.  Why weren't you on the subway?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.11    last year

thinking you should be safe on public transport is white supremacy.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.8    last year
Freelance journalist Juan Alberto Vázquez was headed to Yonkers from Brooklyn on the F train when it pulled into the Second Avenue stop in Manhattan, where Neely boarded around 2 p.m. on Monday. “He started yelling,” Vázquez said in an interview on Thursday evening, a day after he was interviewed by police. “He started lamenting that he didn’t have food, that he didn’t have water. From what I understood, he was yelling that he was tired, that he didn’t care about going to jail.” Neely did not ask for anything and was acting in “a very violent way, a very dramatic way,” at one point throwing his jacket to the floor so hard that Vázquez could hear the zipper’s impact: “The people who were sitting around him — well, yeah, they were scared, and they stood up and they moved around the train car” as Neely stood in place and kept yelling.

At that moment, Vázquez said, “this man came up behind him and grabbed him by the neck” and forced Neely to the ground. About 30 seconds later, the train reached the Broadway–Lafayette Street stop: “When the two doors opened, everyone rushed out, obviously, afraid, because now there was an actual fight.”

Vázquez stepped out to tell the conductor to stop the train while the veteran told bystanders to call the police. Then Vázquez started to film the scene inside the car. For about a minute, “nothing happens; they’re just lying there,” he said. (Vázquez cut that portion from the video he published.) “And then when Jordan tried to escape again, they rolled over again,” he said.

That doesnt sound like a "brawl". It sounds like Neely was attacked from behind. 

This wouldnt be the first time cops mischaracterized what happened. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.5    last year
I think the hero may get indicted for manslaughter.

In this country right now Abraham Lincoln could find himself convicted of treason.

There is no evidence the insane person assauted anyone on that train, other than perhaps their eardrums.

Show us the film of the interaction.

We are not allowed to kill someone, or even violently attack them , because we are afraid they might do something.

Is that the law of Biden?

I heard that many of his arrests were for offenses related to turnstyle jumping (getting on the subway without paying). These are not capital offenses. Yelling at people on the subway is not a capital offense. The right is showing blood thirstiness over what was actually a tragedy, and it may end up being a tragedy for the "hero" too. 

The working class shouldn't be subjected to this shit. I think the people on the left should be forced to ride to & from work with these crazies every day of their lives!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.13    last year

Mischaracterizing like claiming he had him in a chokehold for 15 minutes? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.16  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.13    last year
That doesnt sound like a "brawl".

Let us see a video of the incident

NBC only shows us a video at the end of the incident.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.12    last year

Several months ago, DC Police and DC Guardian Angels began augmenting DC Transit Police after an increase in violent crime on the Metro System.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.18  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.10    last year

On Jan 6th a "violent" mob approached the US capitol building, shouting, scaling walls, and rushing towards the doors , eventually breaking into the building. The civilians inside were in fear for their lives. 

Would the police or the army have been justified in setting up machine guns and mowing down the "violent" mob before they actually attacked any of the civilians in the building?

After all, the lawmakers  were afraid for their lives. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.19  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.18    last year

They did shoot an unarmed protestor.....remember?

They said it was ok....remember?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.20  Sean Treacy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.17    last year

A rational response. Who’d of thunk it?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.21  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.19    last year

And if Neely had been breaking down the door to the mayors residence at the time his killing would likely be justified. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.22  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.18    last year

That’s the premise of self defense laws since time immemorial. If the fear for your life, or others, is reasonable, you have the right to defend yourself.  Machine gunning unarmed protestors is not rational.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.23  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.22    last year

Why would anyone on that subway train be fearing for their lives?  Neely had no weapon, and according to what I have seen, didnt touch anyone . 

I havent seen a single word indicating anyone was fearing for their life. They were scared because they were being verbally accosted by a crazy man. That is not justification for choking someone to death. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.24  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.21    last year

That is your idea of a justified killing?   Suppose the mayor was a mile away like AOC was on Jan 6th?

Btw, you seem to forget that the subway hero did not intend to kill the vermin. He only sought to protect people, which he was trained to do.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.25  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.23    last year
Why would anyone on that subway train be fearing for their lives?

Wow!

Nothing to fear there / S

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.26  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.25    last year

People were "scared" because the sight of a crazy person acting out is viscerally unsettling. That is not "fear for their lives". 

The man was unarmed. 

For someone who claims to be street smart you dont seem to have much understanding. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.27  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.26    last year
People were "scared" because the sight of a crazy person acting out is viscerally unsettling. That is not "fear for their lives". 

Who are you to tell people what is dangerous and what is not?

The man was unarmed. 

So was Ashli Babbitt. Was it obvious that he wasn't concealing a weapon?  What about his two hands. Haven't women been viciously beaten by crazies on the NY subway?   Why do people have to be assaulted before they can defend themselves?   A threat is enough. 

For someone who claims to be street smart you dont seem to have much understanding. 

Do you know when thugs stop threatening?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.28  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.27    last year
So was Ashli Babbitt. Was it obvious that he wasn't concealing a weapon?  What about his two hands. Haven't women been viciously beaten by crazies on the NY subway?   Why do people have to be assaulted before they can defend themselves?   A threat is enough. 

Your argument is that his presence on the train, yelling at people, was reason for them to be physically afraid, to the degree that it was ok for someone to come up from behind him and choke him. 

That is your argument. It will be interesting to see how that argument is treated in a court. 

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.29  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.27    last year

They had thirteen minutes while he was being strangled to make sure he was not!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.30  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5.1.29    last year

Surprisingly, none of the good NYC passengers intervened during that time to rescue Babbitt.  Apparently one even preferred making a video of the event indifferent to the lengthy homicide.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.31  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.28    last year
Your argument is that his presence on the train, yelling at people, was reason for them to be physically afraid, to the degree that it was ok for someone to come up from behind him and choke him. 

Yes. They had every right to RESTRAIN him.

That is your argument. It will be interesting to see how that argument is treated in a court.

We don't have courts of law anymore.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.32  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @5.1.29    last year

Where were you?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.33  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.31    last year

If someone comes up to you on the street and starts yelling at you, and as a response to his yelling you start choking him until he is unconscious, who do you think is going to get arrested? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.34  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.33    last year

I might just hit him. He could hit his head on the ground and die. On a subway train it is far more serious. There are lots of people who would like to avoid confrontation and have nowhere to hide. A red blooded Marine (not Biden's people) would most likely do as this courageous man did and try protect everyone.

Nobody has yet shown a film of how the altercation began. We only see the end of it. I think somebody may have had cell phone video of the entire incident.

BTW, the worst thing would have been for everyone to run from the pos.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.1.35  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.34    last year
A red blooded Marine (not Biden's people)

What exactly does that mean ?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.36  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @5.1.35    last year

It means Biden is using the military for leftist social experiments.

Did you see the latest Navy recruiting film.

Do have a slick answer for it?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.1.37  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.36    last year

I'm just wondering which marines you think are "red-blooded" and which aren't.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.38  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.34    last year

You cant punch someone because they yell at you. They could press charges against you and have you arrested.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.39  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.24    last year

So, a mentally ill homeless desperate man is vermin?

That makes me think of the expression - when someone shows you who they are, believe them.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.40  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.18    last year

"After all, the lawmakers  were afraid for their lives."

No they were not.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.41  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.14    last year

Seems like that journalist Vasquez went to great lengths making a show of taking a video of a person getting strangled, but did he make any attempt to help Mr Neely? Does not look like it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.42  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1.41    last year

What did you expect?  Somebody takes a video rather than rising to protect anyone. That is where we are today.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.43  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1.41    last year

Nope, because we are becoming a nation of narcissistic pussies.    More intent on filming the terrorized rather than helping them.  

Thank God there are still people like this Marine and the two other folks who were willing to come to the aid of vulnerable people being terrorized by pieces of shit.

And make no mistake.    This homeless person was clearly a crazed POS.   

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @5    last year

Yeah, the former 'president' and all of his enablers/supporters springs to my mind!

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    last year

original

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
6.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @6    last year

I get it, she is a socialist who wants to spend other peoples money without having a clue that eventually you run out of other peoples money to spend.  Thanks for pointing out what an idiot she is.  And you didn't even have to point out how she constantly says stupid things every time she opens her mouth like stopping cows from farting will help push back the end of the world which is less than 10 years away according to her.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @6    last year

This seed is about AOC not MTG.

That said whenever is see folks who use three or more names I always suspect mental illness.

John Wilkes Booth, John Wayne Gacy, Lee Harvey Oswald, James Earl Ray, AOC and MTG …..

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.1  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @6.2    last year

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sparty On @6.2    last year
This seed is about AOC not MTG

You know the routine.  When you can't contribute anything to the article post memes and deflect.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @6.2.1    last year

This seed isn’t about me.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.2.4  Jack_TX  replied to  Sparty On @6.2    last year
That said whenever is see folks who use three or more names I always suspect mental illness.

David Lee Roth

Billy Ray Cyrus

OK... I got nothin'.  This isn't getting any better.

GregTx
PhD Guide
6.3  GregTx  replied to  JBB @6    last year

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    last year

This is what happens when you stop defending the community and allow crazy people to run amok.  The community will take steps to protect itself.  Defunding the police means you end up with either vigilante justice or organized crime policing the streets in exchange for protection money.  Something will fill the vacuum when police no longer police.  

The  commuters who had to defend themselves should  never have been in that situation, and that guy who'd been arrested 40 plus times for harassing people should not have been free to continue harassing people. Tragedy is the foreseeable result. 

JBB
Professor Principal
8  JBB    last year

The medical examiner has ruled Jordan Neeley's death a homicide be asphyxiation, though it may have been an unintentional or justified murder...

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
8.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @8    last year
justified murder..

I am pretty sure it would be a justified homicide and not a justified murder.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9  Texan1211    last year

Just gotta love it when liberals start whining about each other.

How refreshing!

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @9    last year

yeah, that hardly ever happens in the coup club clan... /s

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @9.1    last year

I know nothing of your social groups, don't try recruiting me as I don't join dumbfuck groups.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.1    last year

uh, I hate to break it to you... /s

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @9.1.2    last year

break what exactly. 

your preferred social groups?

lol

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @9    last year

They better be careful or they will lose their woke cards.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9.2    last year
They better be careful or they will lose their woke cards.

Some on the far left don't have originality, so they are trying to co-opt "woke" and make it a  "MAGA extremist" thing.

344372628_785303359940381_5789729230957801126_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=cUCZU3JeX6YAX_DAtxS&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AfCbxMczjTZBkqKFOl5HoBWFvv5rRY1DMU9ZSgaS-ByHPQ&oe=645C82A2

independent Liberal
Freshman Quiet
10  independent Liberal    last year

And we wait for the story to unfold before passing judgement for a reason. The man who was killed was calling a gay dude a f****** and then attacked the man before being choked. Something tells me a few politicians are going to about face and become very silent on this incident.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1  JohnRussell  replied to  independent Liberal @10    last year
The man who was killed was calling a gay dude a f****** and then attacked the man before being choked.

Lets see the link to that assertion. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1    last year
Lets see the link to that assertion. 

Easy. I'm sure you know that Jordan Neely had a long history of mental illness including schizophrenia, and arrests. NYC failed him.

Video (NY Post) ...

Here is Jordan Neely openly attacking the gay community, drag queens, and using homophobic slurs before physically assaulting a man.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @10.1.1    last year
then attacked the man before being choked.

I believe he was talking about the day of the homicide. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @10.1.1    last year

Dont see a video on that page.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.3    last year

Really? It's a NY Post article from May 5, 2023, and Amiri King's video that was posted on Twitter is in the article.

Try this (Amiri King) via Twitter ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @10.1.1    last year

So that's a good reason to kill him?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10.1.6  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.5    last year
So that's a good reason to kill him?

Perhaps you should link any of my comments that led you to ask that question. Should I wait for your reply with those links?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @10.1.6    last year

Yes, you should wait.