╌>

Secret Service to end probe of White House cocaine discovery

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  99 comments

By:   Alex Gangitano and Mychael Schnell (The Hill)

Secret Service to end probe of White House cocaine discovery
The Secret Service is ending its investigation into the discovery of cocaine at the White House after failing to identify a suspect, lawmakers briefed on the matter disclosed on Thursday. Emerging from a closed-door briefing in the Capitol SCIF, lawmakers on the House Oversight Committee said the probe will officially end on Friday. "The Secret…

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Secret Service is ending its investigation into the discovery of cocaine at the White House after failing to identify a suspect, lawmakers briefed on the matter disclosed on Thursday.

Emerging from a closed-door briefing in the Capitol SCIF, lawmakers on the House Oversight Committee said the probe will officially end on Friday.

"The Secret Service is ending their investigation tomorrow," Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) told reporters.

"Basically they told us that the investigation will be over tomorrow, they don't know who it is," Rep. Tim Burchett (R-Tenn.) said.

The Secret Service briefed the House Oversight and Accountability Committee on the investigation after chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) sent a letter to Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle on Friday requesting a "staff-level" briefing on the matter.

The cocaine was initially found on July 2 and days later the Secret Service confirmed that it was in fact the drug. It was found in a lobby area of the West Wing off the West Executive Ave entrance in an area where individuals deposit electronics and personal items prior to entering, the Secret Service told The Hill.

Since then, Secret Service has been leading the investigation while the White House has stressed that they are taking the investigation seriously, but deferred all questions to the agency.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The discovery earlier this month has caused political headaches for President Biden and raised concerns about security at the White House complex. The discovery led to a precautionary closure of the White House complex.

While uncorroborated, conservative media associated the cocaine found to the president's son Hunter Biden, who has had a history of drug use, despite there being no such links and the fact that neither Hunter nor Joe Biden were at the White House on the day of the discovery. The family was at Camp David at the time.

Former President Trump also lashed out at the media for its coverage and questioned: "Does anybody really believe that the COCAINE found in the West Wing of the White House, very close to the Oval Office, is for the use of anyone other than Hunter & Joe Biden."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

And the Secret Service must be so glad to unload this pretense of an "investigation."  You see, they can't hide from a FOIA request by simply claiming "national security,"  so they handed it over to the corrupt agency that can: the FBI.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

Do you think that Joe Biden was responsible for the coke Vic?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    last year

Leading suspect is Hunter. Which would violate his cherry plea deal.

If it isn't Hunter's the Secret Service would be very eager to out whose it was; as it would remove suspicion from Hunter- and get rid of any notion there was a cover up going on.

But it is good to know the Secret Service is willing to sacrifice their standing to protect the Bidens. They can join the FBI, DOJ, and IRS in being arms of the Democrat party.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    last year

when don jr heard this news, his nose started running...

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    last year

Isn’t it obvious that Joe and Hunter snuck out of Camp David, clandestinely stole Marine One, and secretly flew back to the WH in a drug fueled escapade to mysteriously plant a tiny amount of cocaine in a public place?  Does any really believe that didn’t happen?

"Does anybody really believe that the COCAINE found in the West Wing of the White House, very close to the Oval Office, is for the use of anyone other than Hunter & Joe Biden."  

D. Trump

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    last year

No, not the coke, just the cover up.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.5  SteevieGee  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.4    last year

So...  If it's not his coke why cover it up?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.1    last year
Leading suspect is Hunter.

Prove it. 

GregTx
Professor Guide
1.1.7  GregTx  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.6    last year

What's your theory Mr. Frost?..

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

Guess the Secret Service and the Biden's could not decide which carpet to sweep it under.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.2.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2    last year

With this family, it's just water off the duck's back - ain't nothing gonna happen to any of them no matter how much "info/proof" is brushed under the rugs.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    last year

Every last person in charge of White House security and every last agent that was working needs to be shit canned.

The most secured place the US; and they can't trace where a bag of cocaine came from? More like they know where it came from; but they don't want to do their damn jobs. So they are kicking it over to the FBI/DOJ to slow walk/squash another investigation the concerns the most corrupt family on the planet.

Two tier justice at it's finest. Democrats and leftists have no damn problem with it. 

Next time Brandon has the temerity to question any countries judicial abuses; that countries leader should respond, "We are still learning from you. How do you get the majority of your population to swallow it?"

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Ronin2 @2    last year

[deleted]  The level of desperation exhibited here is unanticipated, even for you guys.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1    last year

Absolutely, but lets throw delusion in there too. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1    last year

they're still pretty upset about the stolen election... /s

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    last year

It would probably be a worthwhile effort to cross check WH visitor logs with every moron here insisting that there’s a cover up.

George
Junior Expert
2.1.4  George  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1.3    last year

I wonder why the Secret Service didn't think of that........If you look at this rationally, don't you think they would have come forward by now with a suspect other than the Presidents cokehead son if they could find one? anybody at all to deflect away from what everyone thinks?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.5  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  George @2.1.4    last year

If this were looked at this rationally it wouldn’t even be in the news.  The most likely explanation is that some asshole planted it for that reason alone, knowing how impossible they could make it to trace.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Ronin2  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1.5    last year

Talk about asinine conspiracy theories.

Some will do anything to apologize for Brandon.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.7  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.6    last year

You think that it’s more plausible that Hunter Biden left a baggy of cocaine in a cubby used for visitor cellphones at an entrance not used by WH family members, and then Joe Biden directed secret service to report the finding but use a date when both of them were not in the building?  How many other details did the Bidens falsify and coordinate in your more plausible conspiracy theory?

Consider that anyone who wanted to plant cocaine in the WH for the purposes of birthing a salacious story would only need to place a clean baggie of it inside another baggie, then dump the clean one in the cubby as they are placing their cellphone in the cubby.  Anyone from the public could do that with no skills or brains whatsoever.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1.7    last year
Hunter Biden left a baggy of cocaine in a cubby used for visitor cellphones at an entrance not used by WH family members, and then Joe Biden directed secret service to report the finding but use a date when both of them were not in the building?  How many other details did the Bidens falsify and coordinate in your more plausible conspiracy theory?

I thought Biden was supposed to be senile, not a plotting mastermind. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1.7    last year

Where were you on July 2nd? LOL

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.10  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.9    last year

At home smoking weed.  It became legal here July 1.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    last year

Most of the supporters/enablers of the former 'president' are suffering from PD&D plus a hefty dose of delusion.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1.10    last year

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif     jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1.10    last year

Me too.

But I was doing that before it was legal in Maryland.

Aren't you a fellow, or former fellow Marylander?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.16  Jasper2529  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1.5    last year
The most likely explanation is that some asshole planted it for that reason alone, knowing how impossible they could make it to trace.

The Biden Administration already tried that lie when they blamed the people working on Situation Room renovations. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.17  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.16    last year

Should we demand more truth from our politicians ... especially our president?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.18  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.17    last year
Should we demand more truth from our politicians ... especially our president?

Absolutely, and it doesn't matter what political party label that politician wears. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.18    last year

We agree on something.

So as voters we should seek to put in office politicians who are not simply playing a naive electorate.   We should demand honesty from our candidates (among other things).

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.20  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.19    last year
We agree on something.

Thank you.

So as voters we should seek to put in office politicians who are not simply playing a naive electorate.   We should demand honesty from our candidates (among other things).

I'm not sure that "naive" is the right word. I see them as uninformed or lazy. There could be several reasons for this. They:

• don't bother to do any research.
  • are influenced by others.
  • watch/read only news sources they agree with.
  • only vote straight party line.

I'm sure there are other reasons.

Contrary to how some have tried to portray me, I do thorough research before voting; therefore, I've voted R, D, and I ... depending on what I've learned about candidates.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.21  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.20    last year
I see them as uninformed or lazy.

Ignorant and apathetic is how I normally describe much of the electorate.    We are basically saying the same thing.

Contrary to how some have tried to portray me, I do thorough research before voting; therefore, I've voted R, D, and I ... depending on what I've learned about candidates.

That is indeed something I would not have expected from your comments.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.22  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.21    last year
That is indeed something I would not have expected from your comments.

Your surprised admission proves that assumptions are very often wrong. 

I hope you have a good weekend. Good-bye.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.23  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.22    last year

Your comments tend to be wholly aligned with the GOP.   Thus it is unexpected you would vote for a D or an I.   I would expect that others see you as a GOP partisan, again, based on your comments.

That is not an unthinking assumption but rather a logical expectation based on your comment history.

Note, I took you at your word.   I merely noted that your voting patterns do not seem to correlate with what you write.   While I have no problem understanding how that can be true, it was obviously not what one would expect.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.24  Jasper2529  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.23    last year

You clearly didn't understand my comment 2.1.22 . The topic of this seed is not my voting or comment history , and your comment's assumptions about me are off-topic and violate CoC.

I suggest you read the seeded article and focus on it, rather than what you think you know about me.  

Good-bye ... final time.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.25  TᵢG  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.24    last year

Why are you getting upset?   Good grief, I was simply explaining my thoughts in light of your comment about your voting record.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.26  Jasper2529  impassed  TᵢG @2.1.25    last year

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    last year
While uncorroborated, conservative media associated the cocaine found to the president's son Hunter Biden, who has had a history of drug use, despite there being no such links and the fact that neither Hunter nor Joe Biden were at the White House on the day of the discovery. The family was at Camp David at the time.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif Another face plant by right wing media. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3    last year

Another Brandon apologist. 

Think Hunter couldn't have dropped when leaving?

Most secure place in the US. What a fucking joke. Just like the entire Brandon administration.

Hallux
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1    last year
Think Hunter couldn't have dropped when leaving?

Possibilities are not probabilities, but hey keep jumping the shark.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @3.1.1    last year

You and the Secret Service must share the same misunderstanding of what possibility and probability means.

They claim 500 people had access to the area. Drug test the known crack heads. Starting with Hunter. They probably have a very good idea who the other users are in the Brandon administration. They aren't the brightest bunch. 

They spent a whole 10 days investigating before giving up. They really, really, tried hard to find out whose it was./S 

Now it is the responsibility of the FBI. Who will release their findings right after they release who leaked the Dobbs decision; make their first arrests of the left wing terrorists that committed arson, vandalized, and threatened religious pro life prenatal care facilities (The terrorists that did it even wrote their names on the walls. But as Garland said the acts occurred at night- so it is hard to identify any subjects of interest.); and conduct their first raid on any of the Brandon facilities that may still hold classified documents. They have a lot on their plate already to ignore as they go after Trump full force; and continue to track down Jan 6th rioters who had the audacity to walk on the grass around some of the monuments.

One thing that is 100% certain; the Bidens most protected family in the US from the law. That is sure to make the Clintons and Obamas jealous. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @3    last year

They had just left on Friday June 30th. So unless they do a daily scan, it's plausible that it could have been someone in the "entourage" that had access to the room.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3    last year

Actually, they were there. Not at Camp David. KJP was lying.

All they had to do is check the baggie for fingerprints

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @3.3    last year

Not interested in your endless array of conspiracy theories. 

George
Junior Expert
3.3.2  George  replied to  Greg Jones @3.3    last year

Are there so many coke heads serving in this administration that they can't narrow the search? Everyone who works there from the Chief of staff to the gardener has been fingerprinted, how hard could it be?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.3.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  George @3.3.2    last year

And if they did and found no fingerprints you would instantly call it a conspiracy to not reveal the culprit.  Yet anyone who would plant the bag there would obviously not leave fingerprints on it, but let me guess - the scenario of planting drugs is too far fetched of a conspiracy theory?  The cognitive dissonance is glaring.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.3.4  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.1    last year

Not theory, but established fact.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.3.5  cjcold  replied to  George @3.3.2    last year

The article states that there were no fingerprints and no DNA which means this was likely an intentional plant by some MAGA asshole.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.6  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @3.3.5    last year

that is an unfounded conclusion based on nothing.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.3.7  devangelical  replied to  cjcold @3.3.5    last year

a hypothesis more valid than most I've read here...

GregTx
Professor Guide
3.3.8  GregTx  replied to  cjcold @3.3.5    last year

I don't think they let MAGA into the White House anymore, they're still nervous about that Capitol thing. If it is a plant it's bound to be an aide. Who's is fifty/fifty, as neither PotUS or VP seems well liked by their aides. Or it could belong to SS, I heard those guys like to party...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.3.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @3.3.5    last year

Perhaps but I assume that visitor logs are kept and not many visited the West Wing over that weekend.  So if f it was a MAGA plant, he/she must be working under cover.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.3.10  cjcold  replied to  GregTx @3.3.8    last year
I don't think they let MAGA into the White House anymore

How would anyone know who is MAGA?

They likely hide their swastika tattoos.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.11  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @3.3.10    last year

gee you mean you CAN'T tell?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.3.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @3.3.10    last year

Since the folks that get evening or weekend tours are friends of the staffers that work in the West Wing, I assume their politics are known.

The red hat is also a dead giveaway.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.3.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @3.3.10    last year

Folks like you know who is MAGA here without actually meeting them.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.3.14  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.11    last year

Sans hat and shirt, they have to open their vile mouths.

GregTx
Professor Guide
3.3.15  GregTx  replied to  cjcold @3.3.10    last year

Even so, surely the mullets and red hats would give it away.....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.16  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @3.3.5    last year

My thoughts exactly cj.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.3.18  Jasper2529  replied to  Greg Jones @3.3    last year
All they had to do is check the baggie for fingerprints

That would be an obvious thing to do, but apparently the Secret Service and FBI never thought of it.

Orrrrrr ... maybe the culprit wore gloves that hid his/her fingerprints and Secret Service never noticed somebody wearing gloves on a hot summer day?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.3.19  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.3.18    last year

Orrrrrr ... maybe the culprit wore gloves that hid his/her fingerprints and Secret Service never noticed somebody wearing gloves on a hot summer day?

Orrrrrr ... maybe the baggie was inside another baggie or container so it wouldn’t get contaminated with prints or dna, then dumped from that container.  This isn’t rocket science.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.4  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3    last year

They’re saying the stuff could have been there for weeks or months, so it’s now irrelevant that the Biden’s weren’t there.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @3.4    last year

Maybe it's been there for two and a half years and it was Don Jr's left over from election night. 

If they dont know whether or not its been there for months they dont know if its been there for years. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.4.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.1    last year
Maybe it's been there for two and a half years and it was Don Jr's left over from election night. 

Maybe it is Joe's and he just forgot where he stashed it.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.4.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.1    last year

Maybe it’s Dubya’s.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.4.4  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.4.3    last year

Or Bill's.

Or Hillary's.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.4.5  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.4.3    last year

nah, he was mentally defective before he started using. it may have helped his reflexes though...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.4.6  Greg Jones  replied to  Tacos! @3.4    last year

Yeah...the place never gets cleaned by the WH housekeeping staff, or inspected the Secret Service for contraband

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.4.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tacos! @3.4    last year

Week’s or months, not likely as phone cubbies are used all the time and sometimes you have to leave you phone unsecured because all the cubbies are in use.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.4.8  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @3.4.5    last year

Man, that's hilarious, he ducked that shoe like he had been doing it all his life.

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.4.9  Tacos!  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.4.7    last year

Yeah, sounds like BS to me, too.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    last year

Of course.  Never a doubt.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5  Just Jim NC TttH    last year

And now I'm hearing that the place where the nose candy was found just happens to be a blind spot for the security cameras??? Holy shit...........................SMH

George
Junior Expert
5.1  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    last year

even so. how many people enter and exit said blind spot during this time frame?  People wonder why we lose faith in law enforcement, the most secure residence in the world, and this is the best we can do? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.2  Tacos!  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    last year

And Joe Tourist just happened to hide his blow in the blind spot. Apparently.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tacos! @5.2    last year

Almost makes one wonder if it was Joe Tourist at all and rather someone who knew it was a security blind spot.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Tacos! @5.2    last year

Why would anyone hide it anywhere other than for the express purpose of letting someone else find it?  The best place to “hide” it is in your pocket.  You guys act like each member of the public walks through a cocaine detector to get in.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.2    last year

No public access where it was found. Hunter was stoned and forgot where he left it....just like his laptop

Freewill
Junior Quiet
5.2.4  Freewill  replied to  Tacos! @5.2    last year
And Joe Tourist

Or Joe Blow as the case may be....jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5    last year

Depending on who's talking, there are cameras outside that part of the building but are (or aren't) inside. I cannot imagine there aren't cameras in the rooms and hallways where the Situation Room and Oval Office are located. And, that area is crawling with Secret Service.

Also ... there are over 200 lockers in that room. Interesting that the key for Locker 50, the one where the coke was found, is the only key that's missing.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6  Nerm_L    last year

They ran out of evidence; there's nothing left to investigate.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1  Ronin2  replied to  Nerm_L @6    last year

You mean they snorted it all already?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    last year

I don’t understand how they can not know.

Of all places, the White House has to be the most closely monitored building in the country, right? Do they not know the names of every person who comes and goes through every part of the building at all hours of the day? Do they not have high resolution cameras everywhere? Can they not look at video and say, “here at 14:30 hours, the table is empty. Then Randolph and Mortimer walk by and suddenly there’s cocaine on the table?”

I was in my local pharmacy the other day and I counted ten cameras in the ceiling (that I could see). Ten! This the White House. There should be like a hundred cameras in every room. How do you miss this?

Why is this so hard - impossible, even? Did the Cocaine Fairy leave it there?

“It could have been that day, it could’ve been a week before, it could’ve been months before,”

Months even? If that’s true, somebody needs to be fired. Are there no security checks at the end of the day? Are there no maids? How could this exist there for months?

Freewill
Junior Quiet
7.1  Freewill  replied to  Tacos! @7    last year
I don’t understand how they can not know.

Sure you do.  The answer is they do know, but we simply aren't entitled to know. 

If the booger sugar were found on Trump's watch it would be the exact same scenario, unless it was leaked to the media, only a different set of people would be making a big stink about it.   And the MAGA folks would be going on about how it was "planted" as though that is more plausible than someone close to the administration leaving it there. 

This partisan bullshittery really gets old doesn't it?  But some people just snort it up like nose candy.. The truth from time to time would be refreshing wouldn't it?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Freewill @7.1    last year
This partisan bullshittery really gets old doesn't it?

Understatement.   This petty, blind partisanship is fundamental to our divisive and dysfunctional political system.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Freewill @7.1    last year

The thing is, I don’t actually care. Someone in the White House has coke. So?

I’m much more bothered by the idea that either 1) They can’t figure out who put it there, or 2) They’re actually going to cover this shit up.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.2    last year
I’m much more bothered by the idea that either 1) They can’t figure out who put it there, or 2) They’re actually going to cover this shit up.

This, IMO, is what's really happened. If it's #1, we have an incompetent, untrained Secret Service and FBI. If it's #2, we have a corrupt Secret Service and FBI. I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  Freewill @7.1    last year

You are right about everything all the way up to this point.

unless it was leaked to the media

There is no unless. It would have been leaked by so many people that the news outlets would be stumbling over each other to get it out first. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.2    last year

I will agree with you- unless it was Hunter's. 

It would violate his plea deal; and then he would at least get to suffer the consequences for violating the law like everyone else.

Hallux
Professor Principal
8  Hallux    last year

It's my coke and I want it back!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9  Thrawn 31    last year

I'll just say it, it is the White house, it is Washington, IT COULD BE ANYONE"S COKE. FFS it was probably Bobert's.