╌>

Following announcement, Trudeau requests no questions regarding his separation or housing or inflation

Category:  Satire

Via:  hallux  •  last year  •  10 comments

By:   IAN MACINTYRE - The Beaverton

Following announcement, Trudeau requests no questions regarding his separation or housing or inflation

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

OTTAWA – Following the surprise public announcement that he and wife Sophie Gregoire   Trudeau   will be separating, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has requested the media refrain from asking any questions about the split, as well as questions regarding runaway   inflation   and housing unaffordability.

“At this time, Sophie and I have made the decision to separate,” reads the public statement released today. “We ask that you respect our privacy in these matters, as well as any other policy matters that I am absolutely getting hammered over in the polls. Thank you.”

Speaking later to reporters, Trudeau elaborated. “As you can understand, this is a deeply personal family matter. Just like me claiming to reporters the other day that somehow ‘housing is not a federal responsibility’ is also a deeply personal family matter, so same rules apply. Thank you.”

Following up, Trudeau emphasized that his expansive request for privacy was not only for his well-being, but that of his   children . “ Life   in the public eye can be especially difficult on   kids , which is why our children have specifically requested that nobody ask me questions about   Canada ’s 2.8% inflation rate, or the Bank of Canada’s recent decision to raise interest rates.”

“Oh, they also said no questions about Chinese election interference. Thanks!” Trudeau added.

With news of the Trudeaus’ separation going out across the nation, the PMO has issued a more comprehensive   list   of questions that will run afoul of the Prime Minister’s request for privacy, including questions about: the nature of the split, custody arrangements, the PM’s recent cabinet shuffle, the Paul Bernardo prison transfer, Canada’s failure to meet NATO military spending targets, the Carbon Tax, any taxes, the Liberal Party’s lagging polls, and a yet-to-be announced scandal only referred to as “Saskatchewangate”.

In response to the PM’s request for discretion around his separation, Canadian journalists have indicated they will comply.

“I was going to ask Trudeau about refugee targets at a photo op tomorrow,” added Chet Barks of Global News, “But now all I can ask him about is whether he preferred   Barbie   or   Oppenheimer . No wait, those just got added to the list.”

Cynthia Sherman of CBC News remarked, “Wait, now they’re saying we can’t ask him any questions that use the letter ‘E’?”

At press time, British journalists are demanding to know why Canadian journalists aren’t already climbing through the Trudeaus’ garbage and hacking their voicemails.

Red Box Rules

Nada!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    last year

To quote a fictional relative: "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1    last year
"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

Don't confuse people. Her name was Scarlett.

[Deleted]

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    last year

I have posted a number of satirical articles bashing Justin ... time for you to buy a clue, [deleted]

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Hallux @1.1.1    last year

[Deleted]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hallux @1    last year

Rhett Trudeau?

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2    last year

Rhett and I share the same last name. Yikes, I've just mini-doxed myself.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    last year
Cynthia Sherman of CBC News remarked, “Wait, now they’re saying we can’t ask him any questions that use the letter ‘E’?”

and A, B, C, D, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z

Thank-you for the opportunity to list the alphabet

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    last year

Is that worse than not allowing questions on any day of the week that ends in "y"?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    last year

I think it's equal

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    last year

So it is.