╌>

Spending Plan Approved

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  8 months ago  •  93 comments

Spending Plan Approved
The Senate is expected to pass the legislation and send it to President Biden’s desk within days, and a White House official said Mr. Biden would sign it. Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the majority leader, told reporters that he wanted the Senate to vote on the bill “as soon as possible.”

Link to Quote: House Passes Johnson’s Plan to Avert Shutdown in Bipartisan Vote - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Last night 209 House democrats voted with 127 Republicans to pass a temporary government funding bill. The bill was devoid of budget cuts and aid to the Ukraine. All of that was left for another day. Remarkably there was no call from certain Republican member to vacate the chair. It was a moment to savor for Speaker Mike Johnson, who has now weathered another storm and will now have until next year to craft a true spending bill. He will have a lot of work to do on that with government spending now such a critical threat to the nation's economic stability. This past Friday
Moody’s Investors Service lowered the US’s credit-rating outlook to negative from stable.

Israeli Forces continue their operations in Gaza and are now undertaking a delicate mission rarely if ever encountered in traditional warfare: the taking of a command center which has been placed under a hospital, in order to use the patients and medical personal as shields. That hospital is the Al Shifa Hospital. 

DC Mayor Muriel Bowser issued a "public emergency" over the rampant crime in the nation's capital. Stores have left the downtown area as they have in California cities. Elder DC citizens will have a long bus ride to get prescriptions. Car jackings are commonplace and CVS has most products locked up with pictures of the products displayed on the shelves. You may be wondering what Bowser is calling for?  Will it be more police with more authority and DAs who ardently enforce the law?  Nope!  The emergency declaration allows the district to make room for more kids ordered into care by judges.  They need tender loving care, you see. I'm betting that DC will continue to be a hell hole.

Then there is this very revealing story:

WASHINGTON − More than 500 U.S. officials sent a letter Tuesday to  President Joe Biden criticizing his policy  in the Israel-Hamas war and calling for an immediate cease-fire, revealing a divide between Biden and many within his administratio n over his backing of Israe l.

The letter,  reported Tuesday by the New York Times , reflects the opposition Biden faces from many progressives - even some who work for him - for his unflinching support for Israel as it ratchets up airstrikes in Gaza following the Oct. 7 Hamas attack in Israel.

The signees, who span 40 government agencies and include political appointees and staffers, are remaining anonymous, the Times reported, citing concerns of losing their jobs and their personal safety.

Letter to Biden from hundreds of admin officials demands cease-fire (usatoday.com)

Somebody on this site recently asked me who "they" were.

THATS WHO THEY ARE!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    8 months ago

Good morning.

15themorning-food-jumbo.jpg

At this moment Israeli forces are storming Al Shifa Hospital.

Joe Biden is preparing to meet with Chairman Xi. Many expect Biden to give away the store.

How many like Deviled Eggs?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    8 months ago
How many like Deviled Eggs?

Love 'em

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.2  charger 383  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    8 months ago

I like Deviled Eggs

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    8 months ago

My favorite egg dish.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    8 months ago

W ASHINGTON (Reuters) - Maryanne Trump Barry, former president Donald Trump’s older sister and a former federal judge, has died at age 86, according to family members.

The former president remembered his late sister in a Truth Social post on Tuesday.

"A truly beautiful woman, tall and elegant, with a presence like no other, she was also a tremendous student, intellect, and Judge, in charge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, just below the U.S. Supreme Court," he wrote. "She was a great Judge, and a great sister. She will be truly missed!"

Donald Trump’s older sister Maryanne Trump Barry dies at 86 (msn.com)

F-6lOsDbsAA4SrR?format=jpg&name=small

Our condolences to the Trump family.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    8 months ago

estranged since 2020, after leaked audio of his sister pinpointing the many character flaws of her brother to his niece, trump says the obligatory now to further obscure his true feelings about any of his family members.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    8 months ago

Trumps sister resigned from the federal bench early, in order to dodge an ethics inquiry of her, concerning the Trump family tax fraud. An ethics inquiry finding against her could have jeopardized her judicial pension. 

Trump’s sister retires from the bench, negating judicial ethics complaints

Politics   Apr 11, 2019 2:57 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) — President Donald Trump’s sister has retired as a federal appellate judge in Philadelphia, ending a civil misconduct inquiry launched after a report that she participated in Trump family schemes to dodge taxes.

The retirement of Maryanne Trump Barry was revealed in an April 1 order signed by a top court official in New York, where the misconduct case was assigned to prevent conflicts of interest for judges who knew Barry.

A judicial panel began the review in response to four citizen complaints filed in October after The New York Times published a story alleging the president and his siblings evaded inheritance taxes.

Barry, 82, was not identified by name in the order, but the facts matched her circumstances.

The April 1 order said Barry’s voluntary retirement ends the review stemming from claims based on the news article alleging that Barry may have committed misconduct relating to tax and financial transactions that occurred mostly in the 1980s and 1990s.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    8 months ago

Maryanne Trump Barry benefited financially from the Trump family tax fraud scheme. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    8 months ago

I'm not sure it's entirely fair to describe anything as "early" when the person is 82.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    8 months ago

And there we have it.  Liberal left shitting on somebody's death.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.3.1  devangelical  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3    8 months ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3    8 months ago

Something I would never do.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.2    8 months ago

And these are the people who claim to have the "moral high ground".  Disgusting.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.3.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3    8 months ago

Not a surprise at all.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3.3    8 months ago

Whenever I think of the phrase the "moral high ground, I think of Gov Newsom demanding that CA residents wear masks and then he gets caught at a restaurant without a mask.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
2.3.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.5    8 months ago

That's everyday hypocrisy of the left and Democrats.  Sadly they see nothing wrong with that.  Just like Pelosi wondering why there are no uprisings in the streets then prosecuting those who rose up against Democrats.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3.6    8 months ago

As I recall she said of the 2020 rioters: "People are going to do what they are going to do."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    8 months ago

The Biden administration has extended a sanctions waiver that will grant  Iran  access to roughly $10 billion from Iraq in exchange for electricity purchases. 

The 120-day waiver, signed by Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Tuesday, is identical to one issued in July, but comes amid increased attacks against US forces by Iranian proxies and just over a month after Iran-backed terror group Hamas slaughtered 1,200 people in Israel on Oct. 7. 

Under the conditions of the waiver, Iran will receive nearly $10 billion being held in escrow accounts in Iraq that may only be used for humanitarian trade, US officials  told the Associated Press.  

The waiver extension will also allow the Iranian regime to transfer the electricity payments to accounts in Oman, which can then be converted to other currencies for the Islamic Republic to purchase non-sanctioned products, according to the outlet. 

Biden admin renews sanctions waiver giving Iran access to $10 billion from Iraq (nypost.com)

George
Junior Expert
4  George    8 months ago

Welcome to a liberal run city in America.

Czech News Crew Robbed While Filming in San Francisco for APEC Summit

APEC Summit: Czech News Crew Robbed While Filming in San Francisco - Bloomberg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @4    8 months ago

And as Jessica Tarlov pointed out, no matter how bad it gets out there, they are going to keep voting democrat.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
4.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    8 months ago

I think that is where the phrase you can't fix stupid came from.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.1    8 months ago

Yup, it definitely came out of a democratic district.

evilone
Professor Guide
5  evilone    8 months ago
Remarkably there was no call from certain Republican member to vacate the chair. 

He's busy pushing ethics investigations on other Republicans. 

It was a moment to savor for Speaker Mike Johnson...

Savor? Maybe a sigh of momentary relief. The Dems had to come in and save him as many of his own party voted against the bill. The only way the new Speaker passes legislation is with Dem help, and getting Dem help means ignoring the far right he is supposed to represent. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
5.1  afrayedknot  replied to  evilone @5    8 months ago

“…and getting Dem help means ignoring the far right he is supposed to represent.”

Just a matter of time before the ‘mike drop’. 

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.1.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  afrayedknot @5.1    8 months ago
Just a matter of time before the ‘mike drop’. 

Ooo so true, Johnson did nothing different than McCarthy to keep the government open ... not sure it will be a 'mike' that drops though  : )

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Colour Me Free @5.1.1    8 months ago

Maybe somebody screamed squirrel and Gaetz was out the door.

George
Junior Expert
5.2  George  replied to  evilone @5    8 months ago
The Dems had to come in and save him as many of his own party voted against the bill. The only way the new Speaker passes legislation is with Dem help, and getting Dem help means ignoring the far right he is supposed to represent. 

So much partisan bullshit in this comment it is hard to know where to start. If you are wondering why our republic may be fucked going forward, look no farther than this comment.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
5.2.1  afrayedknot  replied to  George @5.2    8 months ago

If you are wondering why our republic may be fucked going forward, look no farther than this comment.”

“We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality.”           ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.2  evilone  replied to  George @5.2    8 months ago
So much partisan bullshit in this comment it is hard to know where to start.

What part of my post is untrue? 

If you are wondering why our republic may be fucked going forward, look no farther than this comment.

Look no further than the House Freedom Caucus and the committees Jordan and Comer chair. Talk about partisan bullshit... 

George
Junior Expert
5.2.3  George  replied to  evilone @5.2.2    8 months ago

Of course you neglect the lefts own crazies, Yes the freedom caucus is a far right nutbag group. no different than the crazy fucks in the squad. 

What part of my post is untrue? all this!

The Dems had to come in and save him as many of his own party voted against the bill. The only way the new Speaker passes legislation is with Dem help, and getting Dem help means ignoring the far right he is supposed to represent.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.4  devangelical  replied to  George @5.2.3    8 months ago
The only way the new Speaker passes legislation is with Dem help, and getting Dem help means ignoring the far right he is supposed to represent.

isn't that why mccarthy got the heave ho? what's different? did johnson appearing on TV yesterday with his endorsement of a criminal defendant with multiple indictments make the difference?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.2.5  Colour Me Free  replied to  afrayedknot @5.2.1    8 months ago
“We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality.”           ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

...and can I get an Amen!

Peace my friend  : )

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.2.6  Colour Me Free  replied to  devangelical @5.2.4    8 months ago
isn't that why mccarthy got the heave ho

Heave ho for doing his job - mind boggling and now McCarthy is being accused of all kinds of random things - I think it is Gaetz that needs investigated!

George
Junior Expert
5.2.7  George  replied to  devangelical @5.2.4    8 months ago
isn't that why mccarthy got the heave ho? No, Mcarthy go the heave ho because the democrat leadership are the same as Matt Gaetz, just petty little bitches. what's different? You would have to be nonpartisan to see it. 

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.8  evilone  replied to  George @5.2.3    8 months ago
Of course you neglect the lefts own crazies...

Is that relevant to my post? If so how? 

all this!

Then you should be able to articulate how its untrue. Did the Dems not vote for the Speaker's Bill? Did many Republicans not vote against the bill? Did not the pervious spending bill with far right wish list items not die before it could be voted on? Please tell me where I've gone astray. 

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.9  evilone  replied to  George @5.2.7    8 months ago
Mcarthy go the heave ho because the democrat leadership are the same as Matt Gaetz, just petty little bitches.

McCarthy got the heave ho because he's a political weasel and the Dems took advantage of the schism. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.10  devangelical  replied to  George @5.2.7    8 months ago

you're claiming to be non-partisan?

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.11  devangelical  replied to  evilone @5.2.9    8 months ago

mccarthy got what he deserved. his historic impotence as speaker.

George
Junior Expert
5.2.12  George  replied to  evilone @5.2.8    8 months ago

Lets break this down to the difference between partisans and Americans, though i must say Colour did an excellent job simplifying it for you below.

The Dems had to come in and save him as many of his own party voted against the bill.

The speaker brought forth a bill he knew would pass, he didn't appease the crazies on the right and he didn't bring forth a strictly partisan bill that had no hope of surviving in the Senate, he actually governed from the middle where he could get consensus, someone twisting that into anybody saving anybody is looking like a partisan.

The only way the new Speaker passes legislation is with Dem help,

That is how it's suppose to work, only a partisan wants or expects partisan bills, it's called compromise, Americans support this.

and getting Dem help means ignoring the far right he is supposed to represent. 

And this is just a bullshit statement, or shows a lack of knowledge on how the house works, He represents a district in Louisianna, he was elected speaker to bring bills to the floor, It appears that he put his (far right) ideology aside for the good of the country, something i never saw Pelosi or Schumer do, and the new minority leader Jeffries is going to be a bigger piece of shit than either of those were, That stupid fucker got his entire caucus to join with Matt gaetz.

George
Junior Expert
5.2.13  George  replied to  evilone @5.2.9    8 months ago
Dems took advantage of the schism. 

Thank you for proving my point, democrats put party over country. 

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.14  evilone  replied to  George @5.2.12    8 months ago
The speaker brought forth a bill he knew would pass, he didn't appease the crazies on the right and he didn't bring forth a strictly partisan bill that had no hope of surviving in the Senate, he actually governed from the middle where he could get consensus...

Yup. Pretty much what I said. 

That is how it's suppose to work, only a partisan wants or expects partisan bills, it's called compromise, Americans support this.

I wish it were true. Should and supposed to are not what always happens and is irrelevant to my original post.

And this is just a bullshit statement, or shows a lack of knowledge on how the house works...

There's so much partisan spin on the rest of this post that, again doesn't have anything to do with what I posted, but you seem to agree to my actual point. Perhaps you shouldn't read more into what I posted than the actual words printed on the screen.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.15  evilone  replied to  George @5.2.13    8 months ago
Thank you for proving my point, democrats put party over country. 

Yup. Both parties play politics. It's the nature of the beast, making one side out to be better in this regard is the real partisan bullshit. 

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.2.16  Colour Me Free  replied to  evilone @5.2.2    8 months ago
Look no further than the House Freedom Caucus and the committees Jordan and Comer chair. Talk about partisan bullshit... 

Agreed, but I am curious if you see the 'both side'ism" regarding individuals chairing committees, be they (D) or (R)?

I get it that the party of (R) has lost its way in the house, yet I see it as a 2-sided street - (D)s could have stepped in and elected a moderate (R) for Speaker, but the (D)s chose Johnson as speaker ... granted that is not a committee, but it makes me want to scream nonetheless! 

George
Junior Expert
5.2.17  George  replied to  evilone @5.2.14    8 months ago
Yup. Pretty much what I said. 

That's a lie. seriously? do i need to remind you what you said?

"The Dems had to come in and save"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  afrayedknot @5.2.1    8 months ago

Lucius evidently didn't live in DC.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.19  evilone  replied to  George @5.2.17    8 months ago

You spent a lot of time and effort to oppose "save", but still agreed to all my other points. Bravo! It doesn't change any of the dynamics going on in the House one bit, but if it make you happy (shrug). I have better things to do with my day that go word for word through our posts again. We all know who's playing partisan games here.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.20  evilone  replied to  Colour Me Free @5.2.16    8 months ago

Agreed, but I am curious if you see the 'both side'ism" regarding individuals chairing committees, be they (D) or (R)?

The Jan 6th committee was as much a political punchline as the current Jordan/Comer committees.

...(D)s could have stepped in and elected a moderate (R) for Speaker,

They could have, yes, but what would that have gained them politically? I'm not saying they were right to do so only that they used it for political advantage. Conversely the moderate Republicans could have made a deal with the moderate Democrats - those talks did go on, but BOTH parties continued to play politics in that situation and here we are. 

George
Junior Expert
5.2.21  George  replied to  evilone @5.2.19    8 months ago

[removed]

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.2.22  Colour Me Free  replied to  evilone @5.2.20    8 months ago
The Jan 6th committee was as much a political punchline as the current Jordan/Comer committees.

That is rather mild, yes it was partisan to very partisan ish, yet it was a given that the former president screwed the proverbial pooch that day.  In the movie westerns, he may have been lynched for what he did .. [something to be said about the good old days : ]  I honestly cannot believe that there was no one else that could have gotten help to the Capitol that day besides the former president .. DC police were blocked because of traffic...  such a dark spot in American history

I was thinking more along the lines of the Russian probe / special prosecutor or possibly Ukraine where the world learned the definition of 'quid pro quo'? in regard to partisanship. 

but what would that have gained them politically?

Exactly .. 'Ultimate Cozmic Power'  ... but it may have gained them a bit more respect from those of us that recognized what was at stake from the chaos in the house .. from either side of the aisle, all it would have taken was for one person / moderate to have reached out. Alas moderates are a dieing breed!

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.23  evilone  replied to  Colour Me Free @5.2.22    8 months ago
I was thinking more along the lines of the Russian probe / special prosecutor

When Jordan comes up with 36 indictments we can talk about that.

...or possibly Ukraine where the world learned the definition of 'quid pro quo'? in regard to partisanship.

I'd have to refresh myself on this one. I don't remember a lot other than the House Impeachment bullshit. Without having an actual trial in the Senate no matter what one does in the House it will only amount to a political circus. As we've seen the House Republicans are repeating the mistakes of the Dems.

...but it may have gained them a bit more respect from those of us that recognized what was at stake from the chaos in the house..

Respect doesn't fill their campaign coffers as much as outrage does. Both sides are great at playing the outrage card.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.2.24  Colour Me Free  replied to  evilone @5.2.23    8 months ago
36 indictments

Took me a second, yes there were indictments that came out of Mueller's counterintelligence investigation, but that is not really what it was about was it? Adam Schiff about turned himself inside out waiting for the irrefutable evidence that the former president colluded with Russia in order to get elected..  Thankfully Jordan / Comer are not requesting a special counsel.

. Without having an actual trial in the Senate no matter what one does in the House it will only amount to a political circus. As we've seen the House Republicans are repeating the mistakes of the Dems.

Agreed, rinse / repeat seems to be the nature of the beast in DC .. 

Respect doesn't fill their campaign coffers as much as outrage does. Both sides are great at playing the outrage card.

True enough, and I guess when it comes down to it, everything we have discussed today ultimately is about what garners votes.  Rather scary that the US government is so partisan and shallow.. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.2.25  Right Down the Center  replied to  devangelical @5.2.4    8 months ago
did johnson appearing on TV yesterday with his endorsement of a criminal defendant with multiple indictments make the difference?

No

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.3  Colour Me Free  replied to  evilone @5    8 months ago
The Dems had to come in and save him as many of his own party voted against the bill.

The (D)s were doing their job / part in keeping the government open, nothing more, nothing less..!

evilone
Professor Guide
5.3.1  evilone  replied to  Colour Me Free @5.3    8 months ago
The (D)s were doing their job / part in keeping the government open, nothing more, nothing less..!

Politics is a funny thing these days. They didn't have to vote for the bill. I'm glad they did, but they did not have to. Too often these things are played for political partisan reasons and not for governing reasons.

Let's not forget this is only a CR for a couple of months. I'm not convinced the House can pass new spending bills as long as the Freedom Caucus is in charge. I expect some type of barely palatable CR to fund most departments until after the election...again. 

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.3.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  evilone @5.3.1    8 months ago
Politics is a funny thing these days.

True, and power is the name of the game in Congress .. my favorite line in 'Aladin' is "Ultimate cosmic power, itty bitty living space" that is congress in a nutshell - all are trying to rub the lamp and get their 3 wishes granted. Jafar just went to far  : )

. I'm not convinced the House can pass new spending bills as long as the Freedom Caucus is in charge.

It is a mind melt that like 8 people can be so destructive (it is a 2 way street) - or for that matter one man in the Senate .. I believe in checks and balances, but allowing small numbers of individuals in congress to determine policy / law is a bit over the top.  Running a government takes compromise and respect for others - 'we' are not seeing that very often.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.3.3  evilone  replied to  Colour Me Free @5.3.2    8 months ago
...allowing small numbers of individuals in congress to determine policy / law is a bit over the top.

This was McCarthy's ultimate failure.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.3.4  Colour Me Free  replied to  evilone @5.3.3    8 months ago

Yep!  McCarthy rolled the dice and doing his job bit him in the ass hard!

George
Junior Expert
5.3.5  George  replied to  Colour Me Free @5.3.4    8 months ago

Making a deal with the pieces of crap in Gaetz group of 8 was his first mistake, Giving an idiot like Gaetz that much power is like giving a toddler a loaded gun, then being surprised when they pull the trigger.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.3.6  Colour Me Free  replied to  George @5.3.5    8 months ago

Agreed .. my terminology would have slightly varied from yours, but I could not have said it better myself : )

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6  afrayedknot    8 months ago

As an aside, thanks to C and e, and on another thread to drak and Kavika…for showing us what a reasonable discussion could and should look like. We’re all better for the example and the possibilities that mutual respect can bring to the table  

Do continue and peace all around!

Hallux
PhD Principal
7  Hallux    8 months ago

"Then there is this very revealing story:"

Other than 500 people in an ocean of 3.5million, what exactly was revealed?

Ah Charlottesville, we remember you well.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @7    8 months ago
Other than 500 people in an ocean of 3.5million, what exactly was revealed?

The rest of the 3.5 million don't work in the State Department, nor do many of them share that view.

Ah Charlottesville, we remember you well.

Which do you remember: the Nazi's or the antifa thugs?

Hallux
PhD Principal
7.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    8 months ago
The rest of the 3.5 million

Error in my typing, that should read 350 million.

Hallux
PhD Principal
7.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    8 months ago
Which do you remember: the Nazi's or the antifa thugs?

The Nazi's ... must have been due to all of the extermination camps I have visited. Antifa are scout cubs compared to the "we shall not be replaced" gang. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @7.1.1    8 months ago

I guess it even happens to the elite.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @7.1.2    8 months ago
must have been due to all of the extermination camps I have visited.

But you don't visit Hamas genocide,

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
7.1.5  Colour Me Free  replied to  Hallux @7.1.2    8 months ago
Antifa are scout cubs compared to the "we shall not be replaced" gang. 

Are you serious?  You think the antisemites on campus are cub scouts compared to ...... (fill in blank)?  For fucks sake the only difference between the 'supremist groups and the antifa / student antisemitic 'cub scouts' .. is in Charlottesville the 'bad' guys had tiki torches!

Hallux
PhD Principal
7.1.6  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.4    8 months ago
But you don't visit Hamas genocide,

The last thing Israel needs right now is a tourist in a wheelchair with numerous other health conditions.

Hallux
PhD Principal
7.1.7  Hallux  replied to  Colour Me Free @7.1.5    8 months ago
Are you serious?

Very!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @7.1.6    8 months ago

I recommend Cinnamin rolls for breakfast and then a two mile walk.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
7.1.9  Colour Me Free  replied to  Hallux @7.1.7    8 months ago

A'ight   !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Colour Me Free @7.1.5    8 months ago

That's not the only difference between antifa and those bad guys, who really are the bad guys here, those tiki torch bearing scumbags were white supremacists marching and chanting that 'Jews will not replace us".  Again, carrying tiki torches was not the only difference.

I would like anyone to name anytime anti-fa has done anything recently, or even in the past that compares in any way to antisemetism or white supremacy, because they can't.

And I wouldn't lump anti-fa with student antisemetic cubscouts - has nothing to do with them

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.11  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.10    8 months ago

the religious right has been smarting over anti-fascism ever since their side lost WWII...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @7.1.11    8 months ago

I consider them to be the ''"religious'"reich

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @7.1.11    8 months ago

History doesn't seem to be your forte.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.14  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.13    8 months ago

oh really? which side has this wish list?

• desire for strongman leaders
  • religious based ultra nationalism
  • xenophobic ideals
  • legislated forced birth

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @7.1.14    8 months ago

as well as not following a conversation very well, alas........

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    8 months ago

JUST IN: Former President Trump files motion for mistrial in New York fraud case.

"This appearance of bias threatens both Defendants' rights and the integrity of the judiciary as an institution," Trump's counsel wrote in the 30-page motion.

F-_ONjtWIAAKsm0?format=jpg&name=small

Trump files motion for mistrial in NY fraud case | The Hill

I don't expect this to take long.

Hallux
PhD Principal
8.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    8 months ago
I don't expect this to take long.

Nor do I, and if Trump's legal history is anything to go by it should land with a resounding fizzle fit for an O.W. tale of wet hubris.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @8.1    8 months ago

That trial looks legit to you.

They called Norman Mailer a "male Chauvinist" remember?

Hallux
PhD Principal
8.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.1    8 months ago

It looks like the 3-ring circus Trump and his lawyers are trying to turn it into. As do all the other current cases he is involved in and you know it. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @8.1.2    8 months ago

Do you know why it's a civil case?  Because if it was a criminal case it would be laughed out of court.

This one gets overturned..

Hallux
PhD Principal
8.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.3    8 months ago
This one gets overturned..

Possibly, but then your history of predictions is truly woeful.

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Hallux @8.1.4    8 months ago

... more like hilariously inaccurate almost every time.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @8.1.4    8 months ago

How can it get overturned???????????????????  It's already been proven that the scumbag conman has been dealing in a continual fraud over many years, it's just how much the turd will have to cough up.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @8.1.4    8 months ago

Actually, very accurate starting with the Russia hoax being a hoax.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @8.1.5    8 months ago

That's why you avoided betting on them every chance you had.

Ask Iggy how good I was. It cost him two months of self-imposed suspension. That was the bet he made that Trump wouldn't finish his term.

You were here for that. Too busy with your shenanigans, I guess.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @8.1    8 months ago

If you feel that strongly we can always make a little wager on it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    8 months ago

What bias?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @8.2    8 months ago

The one that wreaks to high heaven.

JumpDrive
Freshman Silent
8.3  JumpDrive  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    8 months ago
This appearance of bias threatens...

In Merriam-Webster, this idiom is defined as " to seem to be (something) according to appearance yet not necessarily so in reality". Lawyers don't usually use idioms like this because of the nebulous meaning -- it is saying there isn't necessarily bias, but it just looks to me like maybe there is. So if the person saying this doesn't really believe there's bias, why should the person they're claiming is biased be affected?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JumpDrive @8.3    8 months ago

The mere fact that an AG actually ran on "getting Trump" makes the "appearance" almost a physical thing.

JumpDrive
Freshman Silent
8.3.2  JumpDrive  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.3.1    8 months ago

Irrelevant. Look at your picture, it accurately portrays who Trump's lawyers are talking about. Not the AG.