╌>

Anti-Israel protesters disrupt Black Friday shopping to call for Palestinian uprising: 'Intifada revolution'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  11 months ago  •  88 comments

By:   Brandon Gillespie

Anti-Israel protesters disrupt Black Friday shopping to call for Palestinian uprising: 'Intifada revolution'
The protests took place in heavily trafficked areas across multiple cities, including New York City, Los Angeles and Boston despite the ongoing cease-fire between Israel and Hamas terrorists that saw an exchange of hostages being held in Gaza.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A nti-Israel protesters rallied across the country Friday in an attempt to disrupt  Black Friday shoppers , with some calling for a Palestinian uprising in the Middle East.

The protests took place in heavily trafficked areas across multiple cities, including New York City, Los Angeles and Boston despite the ongoing cease-fire between Israel and Hamas terrorists that saw an exchange of hostages being held in Gaza.

"There is only one solution: Intifada revolution!" protesters gathered in Lower Manhattan's Washington Square Park chanted. Calls for an intifada, or civil uprising,  have become increasingly common  in anti-Israel protests since the brutal Oct.7 Hamas attack that saw more than 1,200 people murdered, including children and babies.

According to the New York Post, protesters called for those in attendance to rebel against Black Friday by boycotting companies and disrupting shoppers, as well as shouting antisemitic statements , such as, "From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free."

Multiple reports said the protest consisted of about 2,000 people, and that another 1,000-2,000 protesters also gathered near Macy's flagship store just 16 blocks north on 34th street.

Protesters in  Los Angeles  converged on The Grove, a popular shopping district just south of Hollywood, to, according to one report, "make it clear that there will be no business as usual until Palestine is free." Police monitored the protesters as they marched through the area and disrupted traffic.

In Boston, dozens of protesters gathered outside the Puma flagship store in a popular shopping area to criticize the company's ties to Israel, according to local NPR station WGBH. The outlet cited the company in stating that it provides Israel's national soccer teams with branded equipment for international competitions.

The protests come just one day after anti-Israel activists  disrupted the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade  in New York by chanting and singing "Palestine will be free" while others glued themselves to the street along the parade route.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    11 months ago

It sure sucks living in big blue cities.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    11 months ago

This has nothing to do with blue or red cities. It has to do with the fact that most cities contain an Arab population. Here is proof of that:

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1    11 months ago

Exactly, same on college campuses.  The conservative students there are at the forefront of the spike in antisemitism.

The Anti-Defamation League reported 312 antisemitic incidents in the U.S. from Oct. 7-23. The same time period in 2022 only saw 64 antisemitic incidents. But even before the Oct. 7 attack, antisemitism was on the rise, with FBI statistics showing related hate crimes up 25 percent between 2021 and 2022.

Damn MAGA supporters!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.1    11 months ago
Damn MAGA supporters!

You might want to check out Twitter these days. Lots of hate coming from both sides, including the right.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.2    11 months ago
You might want to check out Twitter these days. Lots of hate coming from both sides, including the right.

Never been a big fan of Twitter or X.  Maybe our right wing press is giving unfair coverage of the anti semitism across our college campuses.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.3    11 months ago

Nice deflection. For sure there is anti semitism on some of our college campuses, yet there is plenty of there is anti semitism that is not coming from our campuses, which is a concern to me.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.4    11 months ago
yet there is plenty of there is anti semitism that is not coming from our campuses, which is a concern to me.

Don't our campuses reflect our future?  That's where our young, progressive people are the majority.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
1.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.5    11 months ago

There are loads of young people who don't go to college, or don't go to a liberal arts school (like my daughters), where this does not happen. Most of my daughters friends went to college and don't have these POV, too. So, while yes, we have a radical side to our colleges, it is not the majority. That being said, it is a concern, as it should be a concern that there are also young people who have anti semitic beliefs and are not on any college campus.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.6    11 months ago
or don't go to a liberal arts school (like my daughters), where this does not happen.

Of course it doesn't.

"CBS13 spoke to Jewish students on the UC Davis campus who say they have dealt with antisemitism on campus before, but it's gotten worse since the Hamas attack."

"UC Davis prof under investigation after threatening Jewish journalists, their children"

Students Justifying Terrorism at UC Davis

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1    11 months ago

It is because most cities have an Arab population?  

Then I have two questions:

1)  Were those populations assimilated and non-political up until October 7th?

Suddenly they have a huge presence everywhere and they are basically supporting Hamas. This would never have been tolerated in the country I grew up in.

I know part of the problem is that America is so generous and those who represent us got into the habit of taking in refugees, etc., who repay that generosity with ripping down American flags and interfering with Thanksgiving Day festivities or Americans simply shopping on Black Friday.

2)   Therefore, why are we continuing the generosity?

We had a solution:

After a brief decline, Arab immigration continued to grow in the 21st century, with tens of thousands of Arab immigrants entering the country every year. However, Arab immigration dropped substantially after 2017, when President  Donald Trump  signed an executive order severely restricting travel, immigration or the ability to claim refugee status from seven predominantly Muslim countries: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

In 2018, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld an amended version of the ban targeting people from the predominantly-Muslim countries of Iran, Syria, Yemen, Libya and Somalia, as well as North Korea and Venezuela. President  Joe Biden  revoked the ban in 2021 when he took office.

Arab Immigration to the United States: Timeline | HISTORY

Conclusion:

People who voted for Biden got what they deserved.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.2    11 months ago

The vast majority comes from the left. It is a big problem for the democrat party right now.

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.1.10  charger 383  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    11 months ago
    "2)   Therefore, why are we continuing the generosity?"
I have been questioning that

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1    11 months ago

Thanks for the truth Perrie!  Some here blame any and all problems in the world on Democrats/Progressives/Leftists and Blue Cities.

Thanks for proving how wrong that is!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    11 months ago

Not true.  The majority is from the 'right', as always.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.12    11 months ago

The praising of Hamas and questioning Israel’s right exists, is almost exclusively from the left in the country.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.14  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    11 months ago
The vast majority comes from the left.

Hilarious how those on the far far left think that antisemitism is coming from the right, where there is no proof of such thing, but there is a tremendous amount of proof online of the violence, antisemitism and racism of the true democrat party in just under 2 months.

Truth is, most of America already knew of the racism that has always overtaken the left.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.15  Right Down the Center  replied to  bugsy @1.1.14    11 months ago
Hilarious how those on the far far left think that antisemitism is coming from the right, where there is no proof of such thing, but there is a tremendous amount of proof online of the violence, antisemitism and racism of the true democrat party in just under 2 months.

It seems many like to blame the other side for what they are actually guilty of.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.16  Right Down the Center  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.13    11 months ago

It is funny watching the professors try to walk back their Hamas cheerleading once their jobs may be in jeopardy.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.17  devangelical  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.4    11 months ago

maga is still in the process of trying to obscure their participation in charlottesville, along with other acts of violent domestic terrorism perpetrated by antisemitic trash within the maga movement.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
1.1.18  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    11 months ago

Vic,

First of all, I know Muslims who have assimilated. As for the ever-growing population, as a group, they have more children than most Americans have, so there is one reason why their population is growing, and not just immigration. 

The immigration law that you refer to, was not just targeted to Arabs. My SIL was not allowed to stay, and he is Italian. You know what they say: When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail... and apparently that was the case with him. At the same time, they refused my cousin's family from England to immigrate here. How is that fair? That law was not structured well.

That all being said, although the law was reversed, the immigration of Arabs into the US has not increased:

After this, Arab immigration mostly increased until 2017 and 2018, when new travel bans targeting predominantly-Muslim countries slowed this immigration. President Joe Biden revoked the existing travel ban in 2021 when he took office, but the bans still significantly slowed Arab immigration to the United States.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.19  Right Down the Center  replied to  devangelical @1.1.17    11 months ago
maga is still in the process of trying to obscure their participation in Charlottesville

Actually I think it is more likely that few, if any MAGA are giving Charlottesville any thought at all.  It is more likely thought about by those that wish to continue dividing our country.

violent domestic terrorism perpetrated by antisemitic trash within the maga movement.

Please show where the majority of pro Palestine or anti Israel protests have anything to do with MAGA.  Otherwise I would have to question why you would promote misinformation

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
1.1.20  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.9    11 months ago

You might want to read what the ADL says about this:

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1.17    11 months ago

Truth!

As always.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.22  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.20    11 months ago

And they also wrote this:

New York, NY, November 13, 2023 … In the month following Hamas’s terror attack on Israel, antisemitic incidents in the U.S. increased by 316 percent compared to the same time period last year, according to preliminary data released today by ADL (the Anti-Defamation League…

ADL’s data shows that at least 200 of the 653 anti-Israel rallies held across the U.S. since Oct. 7 featured explicit or strong implicit support for Hamas and/or violence against Jews in Israel. These rallies are included in ADL’s tally of antisemitic incidents under the harassment category.

124 of the incidents took place on college campuses since Oct. 7, compared to only 12 incidents over the same time period last year.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.23  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @1.1.14    11 months ago
Hilarious how those on the far far left think that antisemitism is coming from the right

Remember the Tree Of Life shooting? You really should look up the shooter. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.24  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.23    11 months ago

Indeed, Bowers was an unemployed loser that had multiple mental hospitalizations over his years.  Contrast his ignorant white supremacy with those antisemitics attending or teaching at Harvard, Cornell College or Columbia.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.25  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.21    11 months ago

Any proof to any of the statements or are you possibly just buying into the misinformation.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.26  Right Down the Center  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.23    11 months ago

How exactly do you think an isolated incident from five years ago compares to the hundreds of anti Israeli protests that are mostly done by folks on the left?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.27  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.23    11 months ago
Remember the Tree Of Life shooting?

I do but remember there are antisemites on the left and right.

Difference is it is the left that teaches it in schools, as evidenced by the mass number of idiots from universities, and most of whom are publicly funded to an extent, that are out calling for the demise of Israel.

Do you think this many idiots learned how to be antismites at home?

Could be but more than likely it was taught to them in the cesspools of colleges and universities across the western world by left wing professors.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.28  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @1.1.27    11 months ago
Difference is it is the left that teaches it in schools

Which schools? What are these classes called? By whom? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.13    11 months ago

Deflection

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.30  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.18    11 months ago
but the bans still significantly slowed Arab immigration to the United States.

Hopefully the next President will re-instate them.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.31  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.20    11 months ago

I read that and I am now convinced that the ADL has become a leftist organization. I saw an American Jewish woman interviewed on a local news station. She was asked why so many American Jews are democrats despite the rabid anti-Semitism emanating from much of the democrat party. She kind of went along with the basis of the question and her answer was that most American Jews are sent to college and US colleges produce mostly democrats. I don't necessarily agree. It seems to me that in many Jewish American homes the kids are brought up to be liberal.

That article of yours by the ADL does not identify where most of the antisemites are on the political spectrum. It associates anti-Semitism with violence and by any standard the left is far more violent than the right. So, I have them down for two unsubstantiated lies.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.32  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.28    11 months ago
Which schools? What are these classes called? By whom? 

Possibly you have not been paying attention.

There have been MANY articles (maybe not on the sources you see) of professors and quite a few colleges and universities that have openly spoken of their Jewish hate by blaming Israel of the attack on Oct 7.

Some have been reprimanded by their statements, some where the schools have defended the instructor's "First Amendment rights".

Either way, there is a large presence of antisemitism in publicly funded schools and those that are preaching antisemitism need to be eradicated from the schools.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.33  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.29    11 months ago

Denial 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.34  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.29    11 months ago

That’s one of your favorite, default expressions without the very backing it up.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.35  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @1.1.32    11 months ago
professors and quite a few colleges and universities

So not public schools..Got it. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.36  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.13    11 months ago

What about those guys who marched brandishing swastika flags while chanting "Jews will not replace us."  Somehow I don't think they were left leaning.  But I guess they were okay because didn't the elected POTUS say that there were good people on both sides?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.37  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.36    11 months ago
What about those guys who marched brandishing swastika flags while chanting "Jews will not replace us."  Somehow I don't think they were left leaning.

They weren't. You do recognize the concept of magnitude? We might be lucky to fill a room with "Nazis," on the other hand the left seems to have millions of these people.

But I guess they were okay because didn't the elected POTUS say that there were good people on both sides?

And as we all know he was talking about people on either side of the statue issue.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.38  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.35    11 months ago
So not public schools..Got it. 

Now go back and read the entire post.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    11 months ago

Sometimes living in a small town on the AZ/Mexico border ain't so bad. It's mostly quiet and we do not have deal nut cases like those anti-Israel pro-palestinian nut cases. We are far enough out of the way that they cannot get any real news coverage right away like the big cities do.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2    11 months ago
Sometimes living in a small town on AZ/Mexico border ain't so bad. It's mostly quiet and we do not have deal nut cases like those anti-Israel pro-palestinian nut cases.

That can't be right Ed, everyone on NT knows that the small town and rural folk in America are the racists here.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2.1    11 months ago

Heck yeah, there is even a song proving it!

(Jason Aldean's "Try That In A Small Town")

LOL!

I mean, what else proof can they provide?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.3  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    11 months ago
It sure sucks living in big blue cities.

Indeed. And for some strange reason (no one can figure out exactly why) protests in large cities attract many, many more people than protests in extremely rural areas!

Why?

('Tis indeed a mystery!  jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif ).

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1.3    11 months ago
Why?

Maybe it is just people packed liked sardines in those big cities, perhaps it does something to their psyches. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.3.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Krishna @1.3    11 months ago
protests in large cities attract many, many more people than protests in extremely rural areas!

More free time on their hands since they only have a few classes or between jobs

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.3.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.1    11 months ago

It seems to in the very wealthy and very blue suburb of Washington DC.

With over a month left in this year, the number of anti-Jewish bias incidents in Montgomery County has more than tripled from what it was in 2022.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @1.3    11 months ago

Correction: It is happening exclusively in big blue cities and college campuses.

As you put it jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.3.5  charger 383  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.1    11 months ago

Overcrowding caises many problems

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.4    11 months ago

Not true.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.3.7  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.6    11 months ago

Please share what red cities are having anti Israel protests.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.3.8  bugsy  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.7    11 months ago
Please share what red cities are having anti Israel protests.

In the blue cities where these racist protests are occurring, they are not calling them anti Israel protests, they are calling them pro Palestine protests.

In reality, we all know that are anti semitism, violent, racist whine fests by leftist turds.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.3.9  Right Down the Center  replied to  bugsy @1.3.8    11 months ago
In the blue cities where these racist protests are occurring, they are not calling them anti Israel protests, they are calling them pro Palestine protests.

Yep, and they think people are stupid enough to buy their shit.  Actually many of the students protesting are that stupid.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.3.10  bugsy  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.9    11 months ago
Actually many of the students protesting are that stupid.

The students in these leftist cities are nothing more than useful idiots that have been indoctrinated by their instructors to do the instructor's dirty work.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
1.3.11  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  bugsy @1.3.10    11 months ago

You must have missed where I posted that these kids are in all cities Red and Blue. Kids have come out and protested in NY to support Israel. You can't make a sweeping generalization like that without backing it up.

This is an issue that I am very concerned about, as a parent and as someone who is Jewish and believes that Israel has the right to exist. Please don't make it a political talking point. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
1.3.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.4    11 months ago

Correction: you might want to read my comment at 1.1 that shows it is also happening in Red cities, too.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.3.13  bugsy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.11    11 months ago

Just by saying they are happening in red cities does not make it so. I don't have twitter or any other social media, so you are going to have to show some unbiased proof of your claims. I'm not saying it is not happening, I am saying there has been no video of red cities and pro Hamas protests that is in wide circulation.

Someone (may have been you, I can't remember)  the other day posted of video of pro Hamas protests in Houston claiming Houston was a red city, proving that those protests have been happening in red cities.

In fact, Houston has had a Democratic mayor since 1982.

Not exactly a red city.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.12    11 months ago

Remember Perrie: Red States sometimes have blue cities.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2  Right Down the Center    11 months ago

Just another case of the antisemitic left run cities with nothing better to do while they wait for a reason to riot and midnight shop.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Right Down the Center @2    11 months ago

Yep.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    11 months ago

No it doesn't.  

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @3    11 months ago

The Department of Education   released a list   of higher education and K-12 institutions that are under investigation for alleged shared ancestry violations Thursday as part of the Biden administration’s effort to address reports of rising discrimination in schools.

All Red schools.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    11 months ago
Story's just a blip on the radar:
The scene at Hillcrest High School in Queens as a Jewish teacher hid in her locked office for hours while students demanded she be fired for attending a pro-Israel rally.
Keep playing  dressing up as Handmaid's tale charachters though. Much safer to protest against non existent threats. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5  Right Down the Center    11 months ago

A nti-Israel protesters rallied across the country Friday in an attempt to disrupt    Black Friday shoppers  , with some calling for a Palestinian uprising in the Middle East.

Yea, because nothing helps your cause more than stopping people from shopping on Black Friday.

Stupid shits.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1  bugsy  replied to  Right Down the Center @5    11 months ago

You would think the left would learn their lesson from the backlash they received from OWS, BLM, Chik fil A boycott.......and many other failed causes, and they would do better the next one...

[deleted]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Right Down the Center @5    11 months ago

I have a metal plaque in the windshield of my truck that says "Can't Fix Stupid!". I get lots of comments on that.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2    11 months ago
"Can't Fix Stupid!"

Hard to fix stupid when the professors who should be fixing stupid are the ones teaching stupid

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2    11 months ago

move the plaque next to the kari lake for senate sticker in the back window...

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.3  bugsy  replied to  devangelical @5.2.2    11 months ago

[deleted]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  bugsy @5.2.3    11 months ago

I really din't like Kari Lake much at all. Hers I would probably just run over repeatedly. How he assumed otherwise, I have no idea. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.2.1    11 months ago

You got that right.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.6  bugsy  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2.4    11 months ago
How he assumed otherwise, I have no idea

Probably because some fit the description laid out in 5.2.1 and are not professors.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.7  Ed-NavDoc  impassed  devangelical @5.2.2    11 months ago

shona1
Professor Quiet
6  shona1    11 months ago

Morning...our two countries are very similar in many ways..

But when it comes to guns, religion and politics thank goodness we are miles apart...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @6    11 months ago

Unfortunately gun violence, religious bias and political disruption have been crossing Canada's southern border from the USA increasingly so although similar as you have said for your nation Canada is very similar to the USA in many ways, but I fear the results of the more recent growing infection.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    11 months ago

I used to be more patient with "Both Sides Now" but perhaps due to my increasing old age and waning patience my personal feeling now is that all the pro-Palestinian protesters should lose their resident citizenship and be rounded up and shipped to Gaza and the West Bank. It would be good for them, because then they would be appreciated by the locals and could cash in on UNRWA's special division devoted to the Palestinians and Gazans so the donations to the UN of the rest of the world could be used to spoonfeed them as well so they won't have to do anything meaningful for their survival.  

Am I being mean?  You're fucking right I am and I damn well mean to be.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    11 months ago
Am I being mean?

I think you are being fair.  How long does Israel try to find an accommodation with people who repeatedly launch attacks and vote for organizations like Hamas to represent them?

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    11 months ago
my personal feeling now is that all the pro-Palestinian protesters should lose their resident citizenship and be rounded up and shipped to Gaza and the West Bank.

And the first ones to be sent should be the "Queers For Palestine" . .  .

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @7.2    11 months ago

They would surely be treated well by those they support.  They might be given the option to choose among being thrown off a high building, being decapitated or being hung from a crane.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
9  Robert in Ohio    11 months ago

Without taking sides in the Hamas terror attack or Israel's response to it - I would like to pose a question.

When you support a cause, do you really think that you gain support for your position by disrupting the lives and activities of people and businesses?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1  TᵢG  replied to  Robert in Ohio @9    11 months ago
When you support a cause, do you really think that you gain support for your position by disrupting the lives and activities of people and businesses?

You will not likely gain support from rational thinking people.   Negative actions typically do not persuade people to consider a cause to be just.   You might, however, gain support from those who are already predisposed to your cause by raising their awareness due to the news of the disruption.   This latter notion is the essence of bad news as good marketing.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
9.1.1  Robert in Ohio  replied to  TᵢG @9.1    11 months ago

T.G.

Good points and very true, but just as you might encourage those that already support your position you would also further alienate those in opposition and might also lose those on the fence that are inconvenienced.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Robert in Ohio @9.1.1    11 months ago

I agree.

In net, don't engage in negative practices as a way of gaining support for a cause.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
9.1.3  Robert in Ohio  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.2    11 months ago

Well said

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
9.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Robert in Ohio @9    11 months ago

I don't think they're really seeking support.  They're aiming for acquiescence.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
9.2.1  Robert in Ohio  replied to  sandy-2021492 @9.2    11 months ago
acquiescence - the acceptance of something without protest
What these demonstrators are doing is the exact opposite of seeking acquiescence, they are seeking, through loud disruptive protests, to punish business owners and inconvenience customers who may or may not already agree with them.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.3  Krishna  replied to  Robert in Ohio @9    11 months ago

Interesting question!

My first thought is that these protestors would just piss off many people.

OTOH the Civil Rights Movement in the 60s did have an impact--  a major impact in helping to get the Civil Rights Bill passed.

And many of those protestors went beyond just annoying some people-- they actually deliberately broke laws ("Civil Disobedience")-- sit-ins broke the law.

That being said, those protests worked. But I wonder if the current ones will be sucessfull-- my guess is that they won't significantly help their cause.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  seeder  Vic Eldred    11 months ago

I think I found the question of the day.

How many dare answer the question posed in Post 9?