╌>

The Texas GOP's Nazi problem

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  10 months ago  •  135 comments

By:   Dallas News

The Texas GOP's Nazi problem
The Texas Republican Party rejected an effort to disavow neo Nazis and antisemites. Voters have to wake up to what the party has become.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

It's time for all Texans to wake up to what the Texas Republican Party has become.

We don't mean Texas Republicans in general. We mean the party's official fundraising and messaging organization led by ousted state representative Matt Rinaldi.

Rinaldi picked up where his predecessor Allen West left off in leading with nastiness, conspiracy dabbling and an eagerness to impose far-right litmus tests on all Republicans. It's common, in fact, for Texas GOP mailings to focus more on political attacks on fellow Republicans than on policy differences with Democrats.

But if you want to know just how bad things have gotten, you have to look beyond the daily email stream to the recent vote of the state GOP's executive committee.

The Texas Tribune reported Saturday that the committee voted 32-29 to strip a pro-Israel resolution of a clause that would have barred "the party from associating with known Nazi sympathizers and Holocaust deniers."

Think about that for a minute. The state Republican Party refused to officially prohibit associating with Nazis or neo-Nazis or whatever stripe of antisemitic and racist hatemongers who have gone from trolling the internet's underbelly to meeting with state party leaders.

We are talking about Nick Fuentes, who in October visited the offices of Republican strategist Jonathan Stickland's firm Pale Horse Strategies, which describes itself as "the engine that drives the conservative movement."

Rinaldi was at Pale Horse's office for seven hours according to the Tribune's reporting but denies meeting with Fuentes or even knowing Fuentes was in the building. That isn't credible, but such is the state of the party that these sorts of misdirections are stock in trade now.

All of this is wrapped up in the money that supports leading Texas officials, in particular Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick and Attorney General Ken Paxton. Too many voters have either lost interest or willingness to follow the money and its consequences. We are paying for that now.

It is incredibly important for the Texas GOP to officially distance itself from the poisonous hatred that Fuentes and all white supremacists and antisemites represent.

All Texas Republicans need to think about whether this group is really representing them. Have we gone this far that we can't support the sort of common sense and decency this resolution was intended to bolster?

If you are a Republican and this disturbs you as much as it did us, answer the call to hold the party accountable.

Party leaders and voters who reject division and hatred have to speak up, with their bully pulpits and at the polls.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    10 months ago

The Texas gop has a "Nazi Problem"! The eyes of the world are upon them...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1    10 months ago

[deleted]

George
Junior Expert
2  George    10 months ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  George @2    10 months ago

Let me enlighten you a tad George. 

Neo-Nazism is considered a particular form of far-right politics and right-wing extremism  1 . The term “neo-Nazi” is often used to describe groups or individuals who espouse white supremacist, anti-Semitic, and other racist ideologies.  These groups are often characterized by their use of Nazi symbols and slogans, as well as their advocacy of violence against minority groups  2 .

It is important to note that the terms “left” and “right” are often used to describe political ideologies, and they do not necessarily correspond to the views of neo-Nazis.  In general, neo-Nazis are considered to be on the far-right end of the political spectrum, but their views are not easily categorized within traditional political frameworks  2 .

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

bing chat gpt

George
Junior Expert
2.1.1  George  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    10 months ago

[Deleted] Antisemitic assholes = Nazi's = the new democrat party.  Type far right 10 more times it doesn't change the actual facts that democrats model all the behavior of Nazi's. except keeping the trains running on time, they suck at that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  George @2.1.1    10 months ago
Not surprised that you have to get your answers from AI, Antisemitic assholes = Nazi's = the new democrat party. 

Bing chat is essentially just a faster way to get search results. 

Continue on with your denial of reality, no less is expected. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @2.1.1    10 months ago

The usual Pronouncement with no substantive information to validate your adolescence name calling. 

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  George @2    10 months ago

No, Democrats condemn all Nazis and any Nazi defenders in Texas!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.2    10 months ago
Democrats condemn all Nazis and any Nazi defenders in Texas!

Please provide a link where the Texas Democratic Party has done so.

Just saying it is so doesn't cut it.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.2.2  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.1    10 months ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.2.2    10 months ago

[Deleted]

George
Junior Expert
2.2.4  George  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.3    10 months ago

Not one of those is from Texas, so one can only assume it doesn't exist, so we are desperately deflecting from the fact that democrats now embrace all things Nazi.... the only alternative is a lack the comprehension to understand what question was asked, and the proper way to answer it.

Plus it is kind of telling that democrats are so fucking stupid that they have to pass a resolution condemning Nazis, normal people already understand that without someone telling them to.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  George @2.2.4    10 months ago

[Deleted]

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.2.6  afrayedknot  replied to  George @2.2.4    10 months ago

“Plus it is kind of telling that democrats are so fucking stupid that…”

…that what? 

I’m a democrat…tell me how ‘fucking stupid’ I am. Enlighten me. Please. 

George
Junior Expert
2.2.7  George  replied to  afrayedknot @2.2.6    10 months ago

If you need to pass a resolution telling you that Nazi's are [bad,deleted.]  Here is another one for you. All people are equal, people of color don't need your help based solely on skin color, stop insulting them and proving your racism saying they do. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.2.8  afrayedknot  replied to  George @2.2.7    10 months ago

“If you need to pass a resolution…” 

I am not advocating anything of the sort.  And of course I believe all people are equal. So again, how, as a democrat, does that make me so ‘fucking stupid’? Hope that helps whittle it down for you. 

George
Junior Expert
2.2.9  George  replied to  afrayedknot @2.2.8    10 months ago

Since your original comment cherry picked part of a sentence, let me put the whole thing in for you.

Plus it is kind of telling that democrats are so fucking stupid that they have to pass a resolution condemning Nazis, normal people already understand that without someone telling them to.

Hope this helps clarify it for you, but history says probably not.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.2.10  afrayedknot  replied to  George @2.2.9    10 months ago

“Hope this helps clarify it for you…”

No clarification necessary, george.

I may be a ‘fucking stupid’ democrat, [Deleted]

George
Junior Expert
2.2.11  George  replied to  afrayedknot @2.2.10    10 months ago

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2.2    10 months ago
No, Democrats condemn all Nazis and any Nazi defenders in Texas!

That is not so.

The modern Nazi's are on campus protesting.

George
Junior Expert
2.2.13  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.12    10 months ago

It appears that there are approx. 105 Nazi supporters in the current democrat congress.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.14  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @2.2.13    10 months ago

Correct. The anti-Semites of today have a new name but it is the same thing. The difference is that the haters once had blond hair and blue eyes [Deleted] That makes all the difference for many democrats.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.2.15  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.3    10 months ago

What you posted is crap, a deflection from the issue at hand, NOT REGARDING TEXAS DEMOCRATS BUT TEXAS REPUBLICANS! 
Given the clear association of Republicans & Nazis, the idea of asking Democrats to denounce Nazi connections is a bullshit redundancy rhetorical ruse right out of the Joseph Goebbels’ playbook of accusing the so-called other side of that which YOU are guilty.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.16  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.3    10 months ago

Charlottesvile UNITE THE RIGHT rally, 2017

4331E52400000578-4783914-Several_Nazi_flags_were_seen_proudly_raised_during_the_controver-a-1_1502575625628.jpg

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.2.15    10 months ago

read what I wrote, THEN attempt to answer.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.18  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.16    10 months ago

[Deleted]

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.2.19  afrayedknot  replied to  afrayedknot @2.2.10    10 months ago

I may be a ‘fucking stupid’ democrat, [Deleted]…

…but I know when enough bullshit is enough…my time is going to be much better spent forgetting the idiocy and stupidity and ignorance and fear that pervades this place.

Peace…

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.20  seeder  JBB  replied to  afrayedknot @2.2.19    10 months ago

It is disheartening how my seeds are relentlessly trolled with such dishonest bullshit. Are there no standards for truth?

Please keep fighting the good fight against "The Dark Side"...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.21  Tessylo  replied to  George @2.2.13    10 months ago

That would be on the republicant side, not the Democrats.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.22  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @2.2.20    10 months ago

Ain't it something how some are allowed to shit all over your articles?  With next to no repercussions or tickets whatsoever.  

[That's what happens when nothing is flagged before nasty comments start flying both ways.  By the time the mods get here, it's either delete everything, or let both sides keep at it.  There are nasty comments from both sides here.  We can't just delete comments from one side

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.23  Tessylo  replied to  afrayedknot @2.2.19    10 months ago

I don't blame you AFK.  That's why not that many people choose to stick around any longer.

A lof of decent people are tired of it.

The RWNJs are taking over.

Very sad and shameful.

That's why I don't spend that much time here lately either.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.24  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @2.2.20    10 months ago

[Deleted]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @2    10 months ago

"the democrat party now represents everything the nazi's stood for. buy a mirror democrats before you point your finger at others"

I challenge you to be specific rather than do the characteristically Joseph Goebbels' tactic, namely …

original

MAGA/NAZIS are the ones bombing synagogues … 

This article is more than   1 year old

Trump had dinner with two avowed antisemites. Let’s call this what it is

A 2024 candidate broke bread with Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist, and Ye, who has praised Hitler. Don’t normalize this!

Trump goes all in on Nazi rhetoric, and the media gives him another free pass 

Why Trump's authoritarian language about 'vermin' matters

NOVEMBER 17, 2023 10:48 AM ET

George
Junior Expert
2.3.1  George  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.3    10 months ago

I am going to take the Elon Musk approach to your comments, until you can post an original thought and not copy and past from others.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.3.2  afrayedknot  replied to  George @2.3.1    10 months ago

“…until you can post an original thought…”

…funny stuff, by george…

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.3.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @2.3.1    10 months ago

Cop out with no viable attempt at discussion or rebuttal. 

George
Junior Expert
2.3.4  George  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.3.3    10 months ago

Since the actual authors aren't here, nobody to debate. unless you want to try a original thought without having to copy and paste someone elses opinion or idea. do you have an opinion on the liberal left embracing hamas? or why do democrats think people of color are inferior? 

George
Junior Expert
2.3.5  George  replied to  afrayedknot @2.3.2    10 months ago

Every time i try to educate you run away, do you want to deny that Obama turned children over to child sex traffickers again?

Obama administration placed children with human traffickers, report says - The Washington Post

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.6  Tessylo  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.3.3    10 months ago

Ya!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.7  JohnRussell  replied to  George @2.3.1    10 months ago
until you can post an original thought and not copy and past from others.

LOL, you are so desperate you are criticizing someone for providing proof of what they are saying. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.3.8  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @2.3.4    10 months ago

Again; A Joseph Goebbels Nazi strategy of blaming the other side of that which YOU are guilty!

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.3.9  bugsy  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.3.8    10 months ago
A Joseph Goebbels Nazi strategy of blaming the other side of that which YOU are guilty

So you admit to what liberals do every day?

Good to know,.

George
Junior Expert
2.3.10  George  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.3.8    10 months ago

[Deleted]

George
Junior Expert
2.3.11  George  replied to  bugsy @2.3.9    10 months ago

It’s amazing isn’t it? 10 more democrats voted to support nazism than voted against it today and democrats accuse republicans of being nazi’s, no wonder they are so comfortable quoting Goebbels.

George
Junior Expert
2.3.12  George  replied to  JohnRussell @2.3.7    10 months ago

Sigh…I get really tired explaining the simplest of things.

where is his original thought John, can you show me where he posted an original thought and didn’t just copy and paste the opinion of others?

at least you post your own thoughts and try to defend them. 

so John, 105 democrats voted for Nazis and and against Israel today, that is more than half of the democrats in the house, why is your party pro-nazi and antisemitic?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.13  JohnRussell  replied to  George @2.3.10    10 months ago

Get a grip on yourself, posting a comment that contains five links to mainstream media sites, which is what he did,  is not trolling. 

George
Junior Expert
2.3.14  George  replied to  JohnRussell @2.3.13    10 months ago

So again, i haven't seen a single original thought, simply a parrot of someone else's.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.15  JohnRussell  replied to  George @2.3.12    10 months ago
105 democrats voted for Nazis

The relationship between anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism is a complex and controversial one. While some people argue that anti-Zionism is a form of anti-Semitism, others argue that the two are distinct and should not be conflated.

According to the   Anti-Defamation League (ADL) , anti-Zionism can be considered anti-Semitic if it invokes anti-Jewish tropes, is used to disenfranchise, demonize, disparage, or punish all Jews and/or those who feel a connection to Israel, exploits Jewish trauma by invoking the Holocaust in order to position Jews as akin to Nazis, or renders Jews less worthy of nationhood and self-determination than other peoples   1 .

However, some people argue that anti-Zionism is not inherently anti-Semitic, and that it is possible to criticize the policies of the Israeli government without being anti-Jewish   2 .   It is important to note that the terms “Zionism” and “anti-Zionism” refer to political ideologies, while “anti-Semitism” refers to hostility and prejudice directed against Jewish people   3 .

In summary, while some people consider anti-Zionism to be equivalent to anti-Semitism, others argue that the two are distinct and should not be conflated. The topic is a sensitive one, and it is important to approach it with care and sensitivity.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.16  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.3.15    10 months ago

These 105 Democrats declined to vote for a resolution declaring 'anti-Zionism is antisemitism'

• 105 Democrats voted no or "present" on a resolution that declared "anti-Zionism is antisemitism."

• Many took issue with that idea, pointing out that some Jews are anti-Zionist themselves.

• Rep. Jerry Nadler, the most senior Jewish House lawmaker, said the resolution was "factually wrong."

105 House Democrats on Tuesday declined to vote for a resolution condemning antisemitism, pointing to language that equates it with anti-Zionism.

The   final vote   was 311-14, with 13 Democrats and one Republican voting against the resolution.

With 92 Democrats voting "present" on the resolution, most of the caucus ultimately did not support it.

On Monday, Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler of New York — the senior Jewish member of the House — spoke out forcefully against the resolution in a floor speech. He later   urged   his colleagues to vote "present."

"The resolution… states that all anti-Zionism is antisemitism," said Nadler. "That's either intellectually disingenuous or just factually wrong."

While many view anti-Zionism as a form of antisemitism, the two ideologies are distinct.   Antisemitism   refers to both the historical and contemporary prejudice against Jewish people, while anti-Zionism is   opposition   to the existence of the state of Israel.

The Anti-Defamation League, a Jewish civil rights organization with a strong pro-Israel bent,   argues   that anti-Zionism is antisemitic because it "renders Jews less worthy of sovereignty and nationhood than other peoples and states."

But Nadler pointed out that many of his former constituents in Brooklyn, including Orthodox Jewish communities, have   long held anti-Zionist views , believing that the modern, secular state of Israel is at odds with religious prophesies about the return of Jews to the Land of Israel.

Furthermore, many progressive Jews, including Jewish Voice for Peace, also   describe themselves   as anti-Zionist.

Nadler on Monday introduced his   own resolution   on anti-Semitism, arguing it goes further in mitigating the problem than the Republican-proposed resolution.

Rep. Nadler: "The resolution states that all anti-Zionism is antisemitism. That's intellectually disingenuous or factually wrong…The authors if they were at all familiar with Jewish history & culture should know about Jewish anti-Zionism that was + is expressly not antisemitic."     pic.twitter.com/hsrljJcj04

— Prem Thakker (@prem_thakker)   December 4, 2023

Tuesday's   resolution   was sponsored by Rep. David Kustoff of Tennessee, one of just two Jewish Republicans in the House.

Democratic Rep. Mark Pocan of Wisconsin, a leading House progressive, told Business Insider earlier on Tuesday that he was unsure how he would vote on the resolution while expressing frustration with the broader   spate   of   pro-Israel resolutions   that have   hit the floor   in recent months.

"I have to admit, I'm kind of over the weekly stuff that they're putting out there that means nothing," said Pocan, saying he was unsure whether to "start doing 'present' votes on stupid things, or just vote 'no' on stupid things, or just say 'yes' because they're stupid things."

Last week, the House voted on a   resolution   affirming Israel's right to exist, with Republican Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky voting against it and Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan voting "present."

Massie was also the lone GOP vote against Tuesday's resolution, before which he posted a Drake meme that led one White House spokesman to   accuse him   of "virulent antisemitism."

Nonetheless, 95 Democrats voted for the resolution anyway, including Rep. Greg Landsman of Ohio, one of more than two dozen Jewish House members.

"It is of course fine to criticize any government, including Israel's," Landsman told Business Insider. "But I do believe that denying Jews a state is antisemitic, so I plan to vote for the bill. There are misunderstandings about antisemitism and a lack of appreciation for its rise. I hope my explanation helps folks better navigate all of this."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.17  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.3.16    10 months ago

105 Democrats did not vote for Nazis.  Cut out the crap. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.19  JohnRussell  replied to  George @2.3.18    10 months ago

I just posted an article that explains it far better than your tweet. What are you doing?

JBB
Professor Principal
2.3.20  seeder  JBB  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.3    10 months ago

Thank You!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.3.21  A. Macarthur  replied to  bugsy @2.3.9    10 months ago
So you admit to what liberals do every day? Good to know,.

Holy shit! THE PEW WEE HERMAN "REBUTTAL"

Weak and so much in the MAGA motif of "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I"! 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.3.22  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @2.3.14    10 months ago

So again, i haven't seen a single original thought, simply a parrot of someone else's.

Quite telling coming from someone who never has anything specific to say in defense or opposition to someone's position - but with a never-ending barrage of DISMISSIVE COMMENTS!

Make your case or remain silent!

George
Junior Expert
2.3.23  George  replied to  JohnRussell @2.3.19    10 months ago

Their vote is on record John, are you denying how they voted? Antisemitism lives in the new Nazi party of democrats.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.3.24  Trout Giggles  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.3.8    10 months ago

Keep hammering it, AMac. Sometimes it takes a little while [Deleted]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.3.25  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @2.3.23    10 months ago
Yeah, George; it's on record and so is the poison pill added by the GOP to make it non-viable. Your rhetoric is always accusative and never backed with what's actually ON THE RECORD. It's adolescent and weak.
In remarks on the House floor, Nadler pointed to language in the GOP resolution stating that “anti-Zionism is antisemitism.” “That is either intellectually disingenuous or just factually wrong,” he said. “The authors, if they were at all familiar with Jewish history and culture, should know about Jewish anti-Zionism that was, and is, expressly not antisemitic,” he said.

Ahead of the vote, Democratic Reps. Jerry Nadler and Daniel Goldman of New York and Jamie Raskin of Maryland urged their colleagues to vote “present” on the GOP resolution, describing it as a partisan attempt to score political points and saying that a bipartisan approach is needed.

Nadler, Goldman and Raskin on Monday introduced an alternative resolution that condemns antisemitism and calls on executive branch agencies and Congress to implement the Biden administration’s national strategy to counter antisemitism.

GOP HOUSE MEMBERS ARE POISON PILL ORIENTED INTENTIONALLY!

In November, the GOP-controlled House  passed a bill  to provide $14.3 billion in aid to Israel. Democrats, however, took issue with the bill over the fact that it would enact funding cuts to the Internal Revenue Service and would not include aid to Ukraine .

Senate Republicans, on the other hand, have argued that aid for Ukraine and Israel must be paired with border policy changes, which has created a sticking point in that chamber.

You boys want to post something, POST IT IN ITS PROPER PERSPECTIVE - not this half-truth bullshit intended to give the incorrect impression!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.26  Tessylo  replied to  George @2.3.14    10 months ago

Looking in the mirror?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.3.27  MrFrost  replied to  George @2.3.18    10 months ago
The party of Hitler lives.

You are aware that 'X' is not a news agency, right? 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.3.28  MrFrost  replied to  George @2.3.23    10 months ago
Nazi party of democrats.

Nazi's were fascists...

Fascism is, was and always will be a right wing ideology.

Fascism   ( / ˈ f æ ʃ ɪ z əm /   FASH -iz-əm ) is a   far-right ,   authoritarian ,   ultranationalist   political ideology and movement, [1] [2] [3]   characterized by a   dictatorial   leader, centralized   autocracy ,   militarism , forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural   social hierarchy , subordination of   individual interests   for the perceived good of the nation or race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy. [2] [3]

Fascism rose to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. [4] [5]   The first fascist movements   emerged in Italy   during   World War I , before   spreading to other European countries , most notably   Germany . [4]   Fascism also had adherents outside of Europe. [6]   Opposed to   anarchism ,   democracy ,   pluralism ,   liberalism ,   socialism , and   Marxism , [7] [8]   fascism is placed on the far-right wing within the traditional   left–right spectrum . [4] [8] [9]

Fascists saw   World War I   as a   revolution   that brought massive changes to the nature of war, society, the state, and technology. The advent of   total war   and the mass mobilization of society erased the distinction between civilians and combatants. A military citizenship arose in which all citizens were involved with the military in some manner. [10]   The war resulted in the rise of a powerful state capable of mobilizing millions of people to serve on the front lines and providing logistics to support them, as well as having unprecedented authority to intervene in the lives of citizens. [10]

Fascism rejects assertions that violence is inherently negative or pointless, instead viewing   imperialism , political violence, and war as means to national rejuvenation. [11] [12]   Fascists often advocate for the establishment of a   totalitarian   one-party state , [13] [14]   and for a   dirigiste [15] [16]   economy, with the principal goal of achieving   autarky   (national economic self-sufficiency) through   economic interventionist   policies. Fascism's extreme authoritarianism and nationalism often manifest as a belief in   racial purity   or a   master race , usually blended with some variant of   racism   or   discrimination   against a demonized " Other ", such as   Jews . These ideas have motivated fascist regimes to commit   massacres ,   forced sterilizations ,   deportations , and   genocides . [17]   During   World War II , the actions of the fascist   Axis powers , with their genocidal and imperialist ambitions, caused the death of millions of people.

Since the end of World War II in 1945, few parties have openly described themselves as fascist; the term is more often used   pejoratively   by political opponents. The descriptions of   neo-fascist   or   post-fascist   are sometimes employed to describe contemporary parties with ideologies similar to, or rooted in, 20th-century fascist movements. [4] [18]   Some opposition groups have adopted the label anti-fascist or   antifa   to signify their stance. [19]

George
Junior Expert
2.3.29  George  replied to  MrFrost @2.3.28    10 months ago

Democrats a fascists. Bidens a fascist. 

George
Junior Expert
2.3.30  George  replied to  MrFrost @2.3.27    10 months ago

You are aware that you have already lost when you attack the source and not the content right??????

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.3.32  MrFrost  replied to  George @2.3.29    10 months ago

Democrats a fascists. Bidens a fascist. 

I gave you the book definition of fascism, not my fault you didn't read it....

Here, let me help you...

Fascism   (  ˈ   f   æ   ʃ   ɪ   z   əm  /     FASH -iz-əm   ) is a    far-right  ,    authoritarian  ,    ultranationalist     political ideology and movement ,   [1]   [2]   [3]      characterized by a      dictatorial      leader, centralized      autocracy  ,      militarism  , forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural      social hierarchy  , subordination of      individual interests      for the perceived good of the nation or race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy.   [2]   [3]

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.3.33  devangelical  replied to  MrFrost @2.3.32    10 months ago
a far-right, authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement, characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of      individual interests for the perceived good of the nation or race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy.

trump,... trump,... trump,... trump,... maga, maga, maga...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    10 months ago

Nazis, Nazis, Nazis everywhere, oh My!

George
Junior Expert
3.1  George  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    10 months ago

Seriously do democrats really need to pass a resolution to tell them Nazi's are bad? have they really become that fucking stupid, this goes for republicans too.  Nazi's are bad!!! no resolution needed.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.1.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @3.1    10 months ago

Democrats, unlike Trump don’t have dinner with Nazis nor do they have Proud Boys in their base!

George
Junior Expert
3.1.2  George  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.1.1    10 months ago

Democrats have the klan, and 105 members who just outed themselves as antisemitic nazis. That’s today, antisemitic = Nazi= democrats. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.1.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @3.1.2    10 months ago

Please verify that allegation; name the 105, verify the kkk allegation. You are merely a pronouncement machine. More Goebbels!

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  George @3.1.2    10 months ago
Democrats have the klan

Swing and a miss. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.1.3    10 months ago
verify the kkk allegation

You are in for a long wait. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    10 months ago

Apparently, there are over 90 nazi democrats in the house:

BREAKING: 92 Democrats just voted present on a resolution condemning anti-Semitism. 13 voted against. It ended up passing with 311 vote. I

im sure the people in hysterics over state representatives in Texas will be doubly hysterical over this 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    10 months ago

What was the precise wording of the resolution? Who were the no votes? Was there a poison pill provision?

THERE WAS A POISON PILL!

In remarks on the House floor, Nadler pointed to language in the GOP resolution stating that “anti-Zionism is antisemitism.”

“That is either intellectually disingenuous or just factually wrong,” he said.

“The authors, if they were at all familiar with Jewish history and culture, should know about Jewish anti-Zionism that was, and is, expressly not antisemitic,” he said.

Ahead of the vote, Democratic Reps. Jerry Nadler and Daniel Goldman of New York and Jamie Raskin of Maryland urged their colleagues to vote “present” on the GOP resolution, describing it as a partisan attempt to score political points and saying that a bipartisan approach is needed.

Nadler, Goldman and Raskin on Monday introduced an alternative resolution that condemns antisemitism and calls on executive branch agencies and Congress to implement the Biden administration’s national strategy to counter antisemitism.

In November, the GOP-controlled House  passed a bill  to provide $14.3 billion in aid to Israel. Democrats, however, took issue with the bill over the fact that it would enact funding cuts to the Internal Revenue Service and would not include aid to Ukraine .

Senate Republicans, on the other hand, have argued that aid for Ukraine and Israel must be paired with border policy changes, which has created a sticking point in that chamber.

You boys want to post something, POST IT IN ITS PROPER PERSPECTIVE - not this half-truth bullshit intended to give the incorrect impression!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  A. Macarthur @4.1    10 months ago
Who were the no votes?

Take a guess. The Hamas cheerleader, the squard member legitimizing rape by Hamas etc...

resolution stating that “anti-Zionism is antisemitism.

Funny how Hallux posted an article today called "how to get away with antisemitism" that pointed out that exact dodge.  Bigots claim they are just "anti-zionists" while peddling anti-semitism.  

Tis is what Martin Luther King Jr. was referring to when he   said   , “When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You’re talking anti-Semitism.”

One person who has mastered this maneuver is the supreme leader of Iran, Ali Khamenei, the man      responsible       for the most anti-Jewish violence in the world today. In 2021, he      posted       on social media: “The Zionists have always been a plague, even before establishing the fraudulent Zionist regime. Even then, Zionist capitalists were a plague for the whole world. Now they’re a plague especially for the world of Islam.”

In case the references to rapacious capitalists and comparisons of people to disease didn’t give it away, Khamenei was also not talking about the Amish. He was taking garden-variety anti-Semitism, replacing the word      Jews       with      Zionists   , and relying on his audience being too dense or partisan to care."

In November, the GOP-controlled House   passed a bill   to provide $14.3 billion in aid to Israel. 

Yes, it's sad Democrats put their love of open border over supporting Israel. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @4.1    10 months ago

Poison pill??

Are you positive about that?

There are 212 Democrats in the House of Representatives. The majority of Democrats voted to condemn anti-Semitism in a bipartisan vote.

Only 92 voted "present"--which is a cowardly, stupid-ass thing to do. I guess anti-Semitism just doesn't matter to them, or some even may support it (Looking at you, The Squad!)

Vote your damn convictions, Democrats, don't hide behind "Present"!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.1.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.1    10 months ago
In November, the GOP-controlled House   passed a bill   to provide $14.3 billion in aid to Israel.
Yeah Sean, it did! BUT YOU NEGLECTED TO PROVIDE THE REALITIES!
In November, the GOP-controlled House passed a bill to provide $14.3 billion in aid to Israel. Democrats, however, took issue with the bill over the fact that it would enact funding cuts to the Internal Revenue Service and that it did not include aid to Ukraine.

HOW BOUT THAT?!!!!

Otherwise, although you and I never agree, we've been around here for a long time, so, I wish you and yours a merry Christmas, happy new year and good health.

A. Mac

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.1.4  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.2    10 months ago

Yeah. Not only positive, but the details are posted herein; [Deleted] or, just the usual deflection resulting from an INCONVENIENT TRUTH!

Don't insult everyone's intelligence by playing these adolescent games. If you cant go point-counter-point, just go.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  A. Macarthur @4.1.3    10 months ago
Otherwise, although you and I never agree, we've been around here for a long time, so, I wish you and yours a merry Christmas, happy new year and good health

Likewise.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  Vic Eldred    10 months ago

I cannot believe that we allow people to associate the GOP with Nazis.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    10 months ago

Read the article. I cannot believe the gop refuses to disassociate themselves from Nazis. And no, we are not talking about those who are protesting the Israeli invasion of Gaza. Nope, we are talking white supremacists, white nationalists and Ku Klux Klan type racist Nazis!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.2  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    10 months ago

If people that are members of the GOP who associate with Nazis would only stop.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
5.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    10 months ago

Another GOEBBELS COMMENT. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
5.4  A. Macarthur  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    10 months ago

The GOP’s Nazi Problem Has Deep Roots

To build their popular front on the right, Republicans are happy to recruit white nationalists.

The GOP’s white nationalist problem extends beyond the Trump/DeSantis race. On Wednesday,  Media Matters   reported  that Matteo Cina, a Fox News staffer and former writer for Texas Governor Gregg Abbott, repeatedly posted anti-Semitic messages on TikTok. One Cina post argued that “it is hard to talk about the Holocaust and rising anti semitism [sic] without discussing Jewish presence in banking.” Arizona Representative Paul Gosar has extensive ties to the racist far right. 

Spare me your fake disingenuousness! 

On Tuesday, November 22, 2022, former President Donald Trump  hosted  white supremacist and Holocaust denier  Nick Fuentes  and rapper  Ye , formerly known as Kanye West, at his Mar-a-Lago home. Trump’s willingness to associate with figures who have repeatedly spread antisemitic and white supremacist tropes is deeply concerning and has not gone unnoticed by extremists.

Fuentes, a white supremacist and rabid misogynist who attended the 2017  “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville , has repeatedly spread racist and antisemitic conspiracy theories. Despite his history of antisemitism, he has forged alliances with a variety of far-right figures, including some  GOP officials .

Neo-Nazi and Proud Boys groups push Trump campaign poll watching operation online: Reports

Keep posting that "piss in my face and tell me 'it's raining" crap and I'll bury you with verified rebuttal!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  A. Macarthur @5.4    10 months ago

They dont know you the way some of the rest of us do. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5.5  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    10 months ago

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
5.5.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  MrFrost @5.5    10 months ago

The States' Rights Democratic Party (whose members are often called the Dixiecrats) was a short-lived segregationist political party in the United States, active primarily in the South. It arose due to a Southern regional split in opposition to the regular Democratic Party.

This argument has been made at least 10,000 times, and its incessant repetition bears no relevance in 2021.

Yes, in the mid-19th century, the majority of southerners were Democrats, and the majority of slave-owners were Democrats. And, more to the point, the Democratic Party of that day supported the chattel slave system, and fought a civil war that killed more than 800,000 Americans to protect the right to own slaves, and keep that slave system in tact.

That was in 1860. Over the course of the ensuing 160 years, the positions of the Democratic and Republicans have changed unalterably, and comparing to Democratic Party of today with the Democratic Party of 1860 is a grossly inaccurate undertaking.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    10 months ago

That's where a lot of them can be found.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6    10 months ago

I think Chuck Schumer told us where they were:

"Notably, Schumer cautioned in his speech that “many” of the people expressing antisemitism in America were “people that most liberal Jewish Americans felt previously were their ideological fellow travelers.” After referring to protests against violence directed toward Black, Hispanic, and Asian people, as well as members of the LGBTQ community, Schumer said that “in the eyes of some, that principle does not extend to the Jewish people.”

Schumer warns ‘antisemites are taking advantage’ of pro-Palestinian effort - The Washington Post

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    10 months ago

Exactly where they can be found is exactly where I stated.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7  Greg Jones    10 months ago

The Hamas killers and rapists are essentially the Nazis of today. Same hatreds, same terrorism, same tactics.

And yet the Democrat party has been slow to condemn them. Why? 

Instead, we get some insane blather and bullshit by unhinged progressives about some Texas GOP members.

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @7    10 months ago

Nazis today are the same goddamn Nazi trash they always were!

These are the Nazis the gop in Texas refuse to disassociate with!original

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @7.1    10 months ago

Please present evidence that the Texas GOP Is associated with Nazis.

If you are going to claim something, be able to back it up.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
7.1.2  A. Macarthur  replied to  JBB @7.1    10 months ago

There is a sociological phenomenon that, when given impetus and rationale, results in what is known as an  ephemeral group.

An ephemeral group is   a coalition that comes into existence for just enough time to pursue an opportunity and then dissolves  . Ephemeral groups can be formed within a larger organization or from a set of individuals with little previous knowledge of one another.

America faces a threat that has been both declared and defined, namely,  Donald Trump's proclamation of a re-election outcome whereby he literally can execute whoever he perceives to be his political enemies, and, which gives him endless power within his dictatorship!

Millions of American who are paying attention to this declaration, ARE FRIGHTENED, having no doubts the Trump will, if given the chance, DO EXACTLY WHAT HE HAS SAID HE WOULD DO.

This COLLECTIVE FEAR, currently experienced by  "   a set of individuals with little previous knowledge of one another" - IN MY OPINION WILL, DRIVEN BY REAL FEAR, BECOME AN "EPHEMERAL GROUP" - a coalition whose sole purpose is to do whatever is necessary to prevent a GESTAPO-LIKE entity before it comes for any so-called "political enemies".

NOTE: WARSAW GHETTO UPRISING

On April 19, 1943, the Warsaw ghetto uprising began after German troops and police entered the ghetto to deport its surviving inhabitants. Jewish insurgents inside the ghetto resisted these efforts. This was the largest uprising by Jews during World War II and the first significant urban revolt against German occupation in Europe. By May 16, 1943, the Germans had crushed the uprising and deported surviving ghetto residents to concentration camps and killing centers.

This prototype, should it rise like a phoenix from the ashes of history, IMO, would not be contained in a ghetto where its would-be executioners had containment ability; more likely, an "uprising" would come as did the TENTH PLAGUE over Egypt in the story of the Jewish Holiday, Passover … out of nowhere and out of everywhere … out of the dark of night and the shadows of the day.

In the words of Martin Niemoller, a German theologian and Lutheran pastor during the Holocaust …

original

“Those That Fail To Learn From History Are Doomed To Repeat It.” _ Winston Churchill.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
7.1.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.1    10 months ago

Where was Gov. Abbott when Holocaust denial became an issue in Carroll ISD?

Abbott was silent last week when a school administrator in Carroll ISD, overreacting to the new, so-called “critical race theory” law that Abbott promoted and signed, told teachers to put books with “opposing” views of the Holocaust – books by Holocaust deniers, in other words — in their classroom libraries.

YOU will move the goalposts like you always do despite the reality that I give you the time, effort and respect to respond to those disingenuous moves. You demand "proof" while never providing any appropriate responses when it's given. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  A. Macarthur @7.1.3    10 months ago
Where was Gov. Abbott when Holocaust denial became an issue in Carroll ISD?

They always try to dog liberals about something or other their leaders did, or did not, say about some person or issue. But never speak up about their own. 

Abbott is a joke. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @7.1    10 months ago

That picture was from a rally in Orlando, Florida.

George
Junior Expert
7.1.6  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.5    10 months ago

It's amazing, 105 democrats vote the NAZI party line and democrats desperately try to deflect. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  George @7.1.6    10 months ago
It's amazing, 105 democrats vote the NAZI party line and democrats desperately try to deflect.

LIES. 

Please stop lying about this.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
7.1.8  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @7.1.6    10 months ago

What was the precise wording of the resolution? Who were the no votes? Was there a poison pill provision?

THERE WAS A POISON PILL!

cnn

In remarks on the House floor, Nadler pointed to language in the GOP resolution stating that “anti-Zionism is antisemitism.”

“That is either intellectually disingenuous or just factually wrong,” he said.

“The authors, if they were at all familiar with Jewish history and culture, should know about Jewish anti-Zionism that was, and is, expressly not antisemitic,” he said.

In November, the GOP-controlled House   passed a bill   to provide $14.3 billion in aid to Israel. Democrats, however, took issue with  the bill over the fact that it would enact funding cuts to the Internal Revenue Service and would not include aid to Ukraine  .

You  boys want to post something, POST IT IN ITS PROPER PERSPECTIVE - not this half-truth bullshit intended to give the incorrect impression!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
7.1.9  A. Macarthur  replied to  JBB @7.1    10 months ago

Nakam's got the picture, Inglorious Basterds stand bye.

George
Junior Expert
7.1.10  George  replied to  A. Macarthur @7.1.8    10 months ago

And the continued deflection from democrats support of NAZIism, Using a NAZI who who didn't have the courage to put his vote on record to justify a vote for Nazism is just pitiful.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @7.1    10 months ago

Does this guy have a job?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.5    10 months ago
These are the Nazis the gop in Texas refuse to disassociate with!

That's JBB's comment. He didn't say this photo was from a rally in Texas now did he?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  A. Macarthur @7.1.3    10 months ago

"Opposing views"????

Who the hell can have an "opposing view" except a Holocaust denier which is exactly what Abbot is!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
7.1.14  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @7.1.6    10 months ago

Alleged by a master of deflection himself, doing exactly what the Nazi playbook tells the Nazi to do!

original

George
Junior Expert
7.1.15  George  replied to  A. Macarthur @7.1.14    10 months ago

Quoting a democrat spokesperson is not helping the cause that democrats aren't nazi's

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.17  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.12    10 months ago
These are the Nazis the gop in Texas refuse to disassociate with!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.17    10 months ago

I can't explain it to you

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1.19  seeder  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.18    10 months ago

Which Nazis is it okay to associate with?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.20  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @7.1.19    10 months ago

apparently rashida tlaib and the other hamas apologists  are hunky dory with democrats.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.21  Sean Treacy  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.13    10 months ago
" except a Holocaust denier which is exactly what Abbot is!

That's such a dishonest smear.

exas Gov. Greg Abbott signed a bill into law on June 16 that formally adopted the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance’s (IHRA) definition of antisemitism, which is widely used by the international community.

House Bill 3257 also created The Texas Holocaust, Genocide, and Antisemitism Advisory Council. The council will produce biennial studies of antisemitism in Texas, work with schools and institutions of higher education to develop effective methods to combat antisemitism and implement courses of Holocaust and genocide study and awareness in the Lone Star state.

The IHRA’s “Working Definition of Antisemitism” adopted on May 26, 2016, defines antisemitism as “a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews.”

By formally defining antisemitism in statute, the state of Texas joins 30 countries across the globe in codifying a uniform definition of antisemitism in statute. By creating a council, the state government is concretely directing resources towards combating antisemitism, said Randall Czarlinsky, American Jewish Committee Houston director. Czarlinsky was one of the witnesses who testified to Texas legislators in Austin on behalf of the bill.

h

Here's another law Abbott championed creating a Holcuast Rememberance Week in Texas schools:

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
7.1.22  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @7.1.10    10 months ago

original

And the continued  deflection from democrats support of NAZIism, Using a NAZI who who didn't have the courage to put his vote on record to justify a vote for Nazism is just pitiful.    

Every time you do it, I will call you out for doing it. It's been SPECIFICALLY EXPLAINED several times in this thread. If you cannot refute it specifically, just remain silent.

George
Junior Expert
7.1.23  George  replied to  A. Macarthur @7.1.22    10 months ago

A Continued use of a Democrat spokesperson in a MEME is not making your point, Antisemitism =Nazi = democrats 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
7.1.24  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @7.1.23    10 months ago

You can say it and say it but you never back it up with actual, well-sourced specifics!

Your "equation" is a documented, Nazi Propaganda tactic.

original

George
Junior Expert
7.1.25  George  replied to  A. Macarthur @7.1.24    10 months ago

[removed]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
7.1.26  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @7.1.23    10 months ago

The numbers of Jewish Republican members in the current Congress make your equation a weak, non-compelling case.

Senate (9 Democrats, 1 Independent)

Michael Bennet  (D-CO)#
Richard Blumenthal  (D-CT)
Benjamin Cardin  (D-MD)
Dianne Feinstein  (D-CA)
Jon Ossoff   (D-GA)
Jacky Rosen  (D-NV)
Brian Schatz  (D-HI)
Bernard Sanders  (I-VT)
Charles Schumer  (D-NY)
Ron Wyden  (D-OR)

House (25 Democrats, 2 Republicans)

Jake Auchincloss   (D-MA)
Becca Balint  (D-VT)*
Suzanne Bonamici  (D-OR)##
David Cicilline   (D-RI)
Steve  Cohen   (D-TN)
Lois Frankel   (D-FL)
Daniel Goldman   (D-NY)*
Josh Gottheimer   (D-NJ)
Sara Jacobs   (D-CA)
David Kutsoff   (R-TN)
Greg Landsman (D-OH)
Mike Levin   (D-CA)
Seth Magaziner (D-RI)*
Max Miller (R-OH)*
Jared Moskowitz (D-FL)*
Jerrold Nadler   (D-NY)
Kathy Manning   (D- NC)
Dean Phillips   (D-MN)
Jamie Raskin   (D-MD)
Jan Schakowsky   (D-IL)
Brad Schneider  (D-IL)
Adam   Schiff   (D-CA)
Kim Schrier   (D-WA)
Debbie Wasserman Schultz   (D-FL)
Brad Sherman   (D-CA)
Elissa Slotkin   (D-MI)
Susan Wild   (D-PA)

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
7.1.27  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @7.1.25    10 months ago

Are you saying Joseph Goebbels is a Democrat spokesperson?

George
Junior Expert
7.1.28  George  replied to  A. Macarthur @7.1.27    10 months ago

I am saying I don't see republicans using his words or tactics to make their point, only the new Nazi party that refer to themselves as democrats.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.5    10 months ago

So what?  They're still scum.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.30  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.29    10 months ago

Can't disagree with that..............

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
7.1.31  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @7.1.28    10 months ago

I am saying I don't see republicans using his words or tactics to make their point, only the new Nazi party that refer to themselves as democrats.

I WILL CALL YOU OUT EVERY TIME WITH SPECIFIC REBUTTALS TO YOU FACTLESS PRONOUNCEMENTS! What you "DON'T SEE" may be a willing blindness to inconvenient truths!

Trump campaign defends "vermin" speech amid fascist comparisons

A Trump campaign spokesman defended the former president's use of the word "vermin" to describe his political enemies, calling critics "snowflakes" whose "entire existence will be crushed" if  Trump  wins in 2024.

Why it matters:  Some historians have  compared Trump's dehumanizing language  — including his claim that undocumented immigrants are "poisoning the blood of our country" — to the rhetoric of fascist dictators like Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini.

• "[T]o call your opponent vermin, to dehumanize them, is to not only open the door, but to walk through the door toward the most ghastly kinds of crimes," presidential historian Jon Meacham said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."
  • "[T]hose who try to make that ridiculous assertion are clearly snowflakes grasping for anything because they are suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome and their entire existence will be crushed when President Trump returns to the White House," Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung told the Post in a statement.

charger 383
Professor Silent
7.1.32  charger 383  replied to  George @7.1.23    10 months ago

As member addressed responded, 7.1.23 will stand.

7.1.25 was removed as taunting.. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1.33  MrFrost  replied to  George @7.1.28    10 months ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @7.1.3    10 months ago

So you can not come up with any members of the Texas GOP associating with Nazis 

Good talk.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.35  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.21    10 months ago

I don't think real facts can possibly be as appealing as bashing some Republicans for shit they didn't even do!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
8  A. Macarthur    10 months ago

original

original

original

CRIMINAL JUSTICE

UNMASKING TEXAS NEO-NAZIS

Police cited four men for distributing antisemitic and racist flyers in Fort Worth and Weatherford.

by   STEVEN MONACELLI

OCTOBER 25, 2023, 10:19 AM, CDT

Extremists have turned Texas into a hotbed for hate, report finds

The report blames an “alarming rise in extremist ideology and activity” on white supremacist and anti-LGBTQ+ groups that are active or headquartered in Texas.

SEPT. 21, 2023 5 AM CENTRAL

How Texas became the new "homebase" for white nationalist and neo-Nazi groups

Patriot Front led to Texas having the most white supremacist propaganda distributions in the U.S. in 2022, per ADL

By  AREEBA SHAH

Staff Writer
SHALL I GO ON?

George
Junior Expert
8.1  George  replied to  A. Macarthur @8    10 months ago

Nobody is surprised that nazi's are in Austin, it has been controlled by democrats for years. Democrats are the party of the Klan, and to this day they say people of color are inferior. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
8.1.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @8.1    10 months ago

George GOEBBELS strikes again!

original

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
8.1.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @8.1    10 months ago
Democrats are the party of the Klan, and to this day they say people of color are inferior. 
Can you provide any specific documentation of that pronouncement?

The Republican Party is dropping its Klan hood

Their platform? White supremacy. Their political and social goals? White supremacy

Diane-Roberts-headshot-1.png
DIANE ROBERTS
JULY 17, 2023   7:00 AM
PR77616.jpg

It’s No Mystery Why Racists Have Fallen in Love With Trump’s Republican Party

The KKK did not choose to support Donald Trump because he was a Republican—but because they agreed with the ideas that he and other far-right politicians spout.

Study: The KKK helped Republicans win the South

Democrats Sue Trump & GOP Under 1871 KKK Act for Threatening Voters of Color

What else you got,George?

Exclusive: Trump supporters more likely to view blacks negatively - Reuters/Ipsos poll

By   Emily Flitter   and   Chris Kahn

A List of MAGA Republicans Who Took the ‘Great Replacement’ Theory Mainstream

Blake Masters (R-AZ), Senate candidate

Eric Greitens (R-MO), Senate candidate

J.D. Vance (R-OH), Senate candidate

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI)

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO)

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL)

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ)

Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN), chair of the Republican Study Committee

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY), chair of the House Republican Conference

Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA)

Rep. Beth Van Duyne (R-TX)

Rep. Brian Babin (R-TX)

Kari Lake (R-AZ), gubernatorial candidate

State Sen. Wendy Rogers (R-AZ)

Gov. Greg Abbott (R-TX)

The day before the 2019 massacre in El Paso, Texas—when a white supremacist killed 22 people in a Walmart where many Latinos were shopping—Gov. Abbott sent a mailer centered on immigrants crossing the border, saying:

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R-TX)

The Great Replacement theory has motivated mass murder both in the United States and  around the world . It was forced from the dark corners of white supremacist platforms into the mainstream right by then-leader of the Republican Party, President Donald Trump, and his administration; the highest-rated cable news host, Tucker Carlson; members of the Republican Party’s congressional leadership; a number of the party’s rank and file in Congress; several high-profile Republican candidates for Senate; and the governor and lieutenant governor of Texas, among many others.

What SPECIFICS DO YOU HAVE, George?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2  Tessylo  replied to  A. Macarthur @8    10 months ago

All MAGA supporters of the former 'president'.  His base.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
9  A. Macarthur    10 months ago

For 30+ years, in grievance hearings, arbitrations and other adverse actions, I represented workers who were charged with various infractions by their employers; in many cases, management allegations were documented and fair. BUT IN FAR TOO MANY, ALLEGATIONS WERE ARBITRARY, CAPRICIOUS, and, had the ability to maliciously ruin a wage-earner's life.

Given this information, I DON'T APPRECIATE ONE-LINE PRONOUNCEMENTS that DENIGRATE INDIVIDUALS OR ENTITIES WITHOUT A SINGLE WORD of SPECIFIC VALIDATION.

What I see in this and other threads are ugly pronouncements with no attempts at validation via specifics … it's nothing new.

"Propaganda must not investigate the truth objectively and, in so far as it is favorable to the other side, present it according to the theoretical rules of justice; yet it must present only that aspect of the truth which is favorable to its own side."  (Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf)

Got it?

George
Junior Expert
10  George    10 months ago

One has to wonder, if republicans are nazis, why are democrats quoting Hitler as a source? is it because they are the new Nazi party? One a Nazi tells you who they are, believe them!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
10.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  George @10    10 months ago

In your obvious failure to grasp the significance of a meme THAT OBVIATES THE RECURRING EXAMPLES of how one USES AN HISTORICALLY RECOGNIZED and WELL DOCUMENTED NAZI PROPAGANDA PLOY,  you again, do nothing to viably defend a rhetorical pronouncement.

And your quote of Maya Angelou (without attribution) is not flattering, but trivial.

I tried George; I have many times herein tried to have a true debate with you but, to no avail.

Peace, happy and health holidays and a happy new year.

George
Junior Expert
10.1.1  George  replied to  A. Macarthur @10.1    10 months ago

Honestly, any one who quotes nazi's isn't high on my list for debate. but that's just my opinion.

Peace, happy and health holidays and a happy new year. to you also. And may your family also be blessed with abundance and good tidings.