╌>

Science Fiction

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  4 months ago  •  60 comments

Science Fiction
So it’s easy to criticize, but they’re really criticizing science because I represent science. That’s dangerous. To me, that’s more dangerous than the slings and the arrows that get thrown at me.

Link to quote: Anthony Fauci Science Comments: Stop Playing His Game | National Review

Yesterday in a closed-door session, away from the American public, before a special committee the now notorious Dr Fauci made a strange admission: that the social distancing recommendations forced on Americans "sort of just appeared" and were likely not based on scientific data. We all remember the 6 feet of social distancing recommended by Dr Fauci during the 2020 outbreak, which also happened to fit in with the Teachers Union's plan to close schools and begin remote learning from home. It turns out it was just another fiction that the overpaid elite medical experts headed by Dr Fauci made up. He also told Committee members he advised universities to force their students to get COVID-19 vaccines.”

A nthony Fauci has never struggled to speak his mind. But now that he has left government, he is finally speaking at least some of the truth about government policies and Covid. For instance, the six-feet rule for social distancing “sort of just appeared” without a solid scientific basis. That’s one of the admissions that Members of Congress say the former National Institutes of Health potentate made this week in two days of closed-door testimony to the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic.

Anthony Fauci Fesses Up (msn.com)

Back in 2020 we were all scared & afraid. The great Dr Fauci said we all had to do it so we did. Those who questioned the non-existent data were condemned. Then of course, came the lockdowns. People lost their businesses and other lost their jobs. In working families some had to give up their jobs when their children were forced to stay home. Even Disney world was closed. 

Dr who served as the director of the National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases from 1984 to 2022. He was the chief medical advisor to both President Trump, beginning with the covid outbreak, and then to Joe Biden with even more standing. He made the recommendations and Presidents acted on them. Yesterday we again learned how little Fauci really knew about covid and again that much of what he said was a recommendation based on something that sounded good. He knows how to tell the truth behind closed doors, but not to the American people,

Still there are those, especially here who will try and defend him no matter what the facts are.

One more admission: The man who was the leading proponent of gain of function research finally admitted that the lab theory may not have been "a conspiracy theory" after all.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Good morning

OIP.wIlAobdLf7zkAgHMz6ZR-AHaE8?w=299&h=199&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

Today we will try to find out if Biden really used the big stick yesterday.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    4 months ago

Science OR fiction, staying a distance away from a person who is infectious with some virus or disease makes damn good practical sense to me.  So what did you eat for breakfast today?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    4 months ago

In reality I'm having a bagel with cream cheese.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    4 months ago

Without lox?  Okay, but what did you fantasize?  Eggs Benedict?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.1    4 months ago

Lol, Yes I did!

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.2  Nerm_L  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    4 months ago
Science OR fiction, staying a distance away from a person who is infectious with some virus or disease makes damn good practical sense to me.  So what did you eat for breakfast today?

Unless you're on a bus, train, or plane spreading infection around the world.  But then the magic mask protected you.  The SARS virus understood.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Nerm_L @2.2    4 months ago

An N95 mask does a better job preventing the spread of a virus if worn properly by a person who IS infectious, than it does for a healthy person masking to prevent catching the virus.  The problem is that a virus can be infectious before a person is aware that they have caught it, so the only thing that would help prevent the spread is if everyone were to comply with the proper guidelines of prevention, but the big problem in America about that is that persons arrogantly and selfishly insisting upon exercising personal rights and freedoms and refusing masking and vaccinating and following the sensible guidelines are the ones who unfortunately increase the death toll massively.  I'm not Dr. Fauci, I'm just a person who exercises common sense because I'd rather not spread death among others and/or die myself.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.1    4 months ago

I’m with you Buzz, Mask Pro Choice is a silly reason to die.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.2.3  MrFrost  replied to  Nerm_L @2.2    4 months ago
But then the magic mask protected you.

Hey no problem, next time you have surgery, tell the surgeon and staff to not wear a mask or wash their hands. I'm sure they could use a good laugh. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 months ago
He also told Committee members he advised universities to force their students to get COVID-19 vaccines.”

I've wondered what kind of kickbacks this putz was getting for the vaccines.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    4 months ago

That is a real pandoras box. The makers of the vaccines that had an easy road to development courtesy of President Trump sort of played to the incoming president. If you recall they delayed the announcement of the vaccines until right after the election. I have no problem with rushing the development of a vaccine which at least provided some protection from the effects of covid.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    4 months ago
If you recall they delayed the announcement of the vaccines until right after the election.

They had to make Tratior Joe look good somehow.  It failed, but they tried nonetheless.

I have no problem with rushing the development of a vaccine which at least provided some protection from the effects of covid.

It's the forcing it that rubbed a lot of people wrong.  Remember it got to a point that people were fired from their jobs if they didn't get the vaccine.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.1    4 months ago
Remember it got to a point that people were fired from their jobs if they didn't get the vaccine.

I remember vividly and many of them were the nurses who were in the middle of things when the pandemic broke. It was they who bravely staffed the hospitals. We only found out some of them didn't want to be vaccinated when they were fired.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    4 months ago
We only found out some of them didn't want to be vaccinated when they were fired.

I am not saying I agree with the decision but my wife works in a hospital and as a hospital employee there are certain tests/vaccines that she has to go through as a condition of employment.  That being said I have no issue with hospitals making the vaccine a condition of employment.  What I do have an issue with is the government dictation or pressuring them to do so. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    4 months ago

next time I get covid, I'll be seeking out maga antivaxer support groups ...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.1.3    4 months ago
What I do have an issue with is the government dictation or pressuring them to do so. 

And that is where the problem was and still is.  The dictation to get the vaccinated was questioned by many.  And there are some justified reasons (i.e. unknown side effects, existing medical conditions, etc.).  But then there are those who fell in line like lemmings and got the shot all because some talking head politician told them to. 

And as a result we see idiotic comments like 3.1.4.  Too simple minded to understand that there were / are people on BOTH sides that refused the vaccination and for their own reasons but want to feebly attempt to make it a political idiocy instead of the medical issue it could really be.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.1.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  devangelical @3.1.4    4 months ago

You do whatever you feel is best for you and I will do whatever I feel is best for me.  Novel idea isn't it?

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
3.1.7  goose is back  replied to  devangelical @3.1.4    4 months ago
next time I get covid,

How could you possibly get Covid, I am sure you wear a mask while alone I your car, social distance, and had 3, 4, 5, 6, or 10 vax's. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3.2  Nerm_L  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    4 months ago
I've wondered what kind of kickbacks this putz was getting for the vaccines.

The real kickbacks don't come from drug producers.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Nerm_L @3.2    4 months ago

COVID vaccine manufacturers set list price between $120-$130 per dose

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3.2.2  Nerm_L  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.1    4 months ago
COVID vaccine manufacturers set list price between $120-$130 per dose

That's not the only cost.  Doctors, administrators, insurance adjusters, and investors want their share, too.  How much money were you paid to be a lab rat?  I'll bet you only got needled.

Insurance companies deal with only one thing:  money.  Insurance companies do not deliver medical care and insurance companies are only advocates for their investors.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    4 months ago

Drug that Trump called a ‘miracle Covid cure’ is linked to 17,000 deaths in new study

Former president called anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine a ‘miracle cure’

Graeme Massie
Los Angeles

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.3.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.3    4 months ago

And what does that have to do with Fauci possibly taking kickbacks?  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

REPORTER: What's your reaction to an inspector general report that the administration lost track of $1+ billion in military equipment sent to Ukraine?

JOHN KIRBY: We're "interested in improving accountability"

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    4 months ago

Just like with everything else in this current administration, we knew there would be zero accountability for the money from the start.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1    4 months ago

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    4 months ago

And she represents Traitor Joe Biden's Administration.  Incompetent and completely clueless as to what is going on.  But hey, they checked the block.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.2    4 months ago

Three of the main boxes anyway.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Does anyone know what is going on with this case?

GDkwa4BX0AANFJ4?format=jpg&name=small

Wasn't it blatant corruption?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    4 months ago
Wasn't it blatant corruption?

It seems that way.   He is lawyer-ed up and trying to fight the indictment claiming that everything he did was ethical.   We seem to have a mini-Trump play taking place with Menendez.   Get some high-priced slimy lawyers and claim you did nothing wrong.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @5.1    4 months ago

Worked Trump in there.

Nice job!

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.2  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    4 months ago
Does anyone know what is going on with this case?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Guess who showed up in NH:

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

GDkuPm5XUAAruqH?format=jpg&name=large

But everything they did to a former President is just fine!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    4 months ago

A perfect example of trying to drag the rest of the world down to Trump's level. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
7.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1    4 months ago

Hunter is already below Trumps level.  Except for mean tweets lying POS traitor Joe is right there with him.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.1.1    4 months ago
Hunter is already below Trumps level.

92 felonies? 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
7.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.2    4 months ago

Nice try

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.1.1    4 months ago

Hunter Biden would have to live to be 1000 years old to get below Trumps level. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.4    4 months ago
Hunter Biden would have to live to be 1000 years old to get below Trumps level. 

With his lifestyle, he'll be lucky to see 75.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.2  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    4 months ago

If the NY fraud case is the only action against Trump that you are referring to, then you would have the basis for an argument.   That case, I believe, is intentionally going after Trump.   Not that they do not have cause ... the case most definitely has merit, but he is being singled out.

But you (I am confident) include the State of GA, classified docs, and Jan 6 indictments as mere partisan acts that have no merit because Trump did nothing wrong.

That outrageous, blind bias (if true) destroys the credibility of any argument you make claiming Trump is a victim.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Here is the question of the day:

Should Zuck be held accountable for his involvement with election interference with the 2020 election?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    4 months ago

I would like to say yes, but then I would be attacked as a supporter of he who must not be named.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @8.1    4 months ago

Oh yes, that is a certainty!

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
8.1.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Snuffy @8.1    4 months ago

Go for it, I am pretty sure you are already labeled as being a staunch supporter by the ultra partisan dozen or so here.  

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
8.2  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    4 months ago
Should Zuck be held accountable for his involvement with election interference with the 2020 election?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @8.2    4 months ago

If only they had a degree of integrity

MrFrost
Professor Guide
8.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Nerm_L @8.2    4 months ago

Should trump be held accountable for promoting Hydroxychloroquine which killed 75,000 people? Not to mention the people that actually injected bleach....and died? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @8.2.2    4 months ago

And inciting 1/6 and doing nothing to stop it, of course, because what happened was what he wanted to happen but the former 'president's' incited coup, obviously failed

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @8.2.2    4 months ago
Hydroxychloroquine which killed 75,000 people?

Where did you get that number?

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
8.2.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  MrFrost @8.2.2    4 months ago

Proof of that claim? 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @8.2.2    4 months ago

Since you not likely to answer as to the source of your number, let me help you out.

The analysis found an estimated 16,990 excess deaths across six countries — Turkey, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy and the U.S. — were likely attributed to hydroxychloroquine use.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
8.2.7  Right Down the Center  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.2.6    4 months ago

So the number was just rounded up to 75,000.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.2.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Right Down the Center @8.2.7    4 months ago

Apparently, must have been a huge rounding error.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
8.2.9  Right Down the Center  replied to  MrFrost @8.2.2    4 months ago

Hold the FDA accountable then, they approved it for emergency use for about 2 and a half months.  Might as well hold the doctors that prescribed it accountable too.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
9  Right Down the Center    4 months ago

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10  Sparty On    4 months ago

Yes and inflation is transitionary …..

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
10.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Sparty On @10    4 months ago

Depends on how you define transitory.  There is short term transitory (a couple months)and long term transitory( until Biden is out of office and can blame it on someone else).

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.1    4 months ago

Yeah, I was expecting that rationalization from our friends on the left.

GregTx
PhD Guide
11  GregTx    4 months ago