╌>

Ontario school district pulls Indigenous author's book for being too Indigenous - Canada follows Florida Lead in banning books.

Category:  Satire

Via:  kavika  •  3 months ago  •  13 comments

By:   Walking Eagle News

Ontario school district pulls Indigenous author's book for being too Indigenous - Canada follows Florida Lead in banning books.
An Ontario school district has pulled a Indigenous author's book from library shelves and warned teachers not to use it because it's simply too Indigenous. School district officials sai…

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

February 1, 2024

An Ontario school district has pulled an Indigenous author's book from library shelves and warned teachers not to use it because it's simply too Indigenous.

School district officials said the fantasy novel The Great Bear, written by Cree writer David A. Robertson, has been found to contain 347% more Indigeneity than recommended levels.

"These Indigenous levels are off the charts!" a spokesperson for Durham District School Board said, clutching an Indigi-O-Meter. "It's too Indigenous for the children!"

Long-term exposure to Indigenous literature has been known to lead to children having knowledge of Indigenous stories, and in some cases speaking Indigenous languages.

It's not the first time a public agency has banned Indigenous books and knowledge. In 2017, Saskatchewan parents were outraged when new Indigenous curriculum turned their kids into First Nation, Metis, Inuit Peoples.

Published inCanada, General News and Reconciliation

Red Box Rules

Laughter is required after reading the article.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Kavika     3 months ago

In a stunning turn of events Ted Cruz (Canadian Cuban) has joined forces with Ron DeSantis to work with Canada to ban books.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @1    3 months ago

I hear there is a movement on the Rez to remove Ted Cruz,  LOL

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1    3 months ago

There is and it's working.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @1.1.1    3 months ago

ted cruz, the product of a religious based primary education.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    3 months ago
"These Indigenous levels are off the charts!" a spokesperson for Durham District School Board said, clutching an Indigi-O-Meter. "It's too Indigenous for the children!"

This made me chuckle

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 months ago

This made me chuckle

It's from an Indigenous satire site in Canada name ''walking eagle'' like the Onion here and they have some beauties.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @2.1    3 months ago

Canadians are known for their sense of humor

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    3 months ago

Especially indigenous Canadians.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    3 months ago

Good call.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @2.1.2    3 months ago

Do you think it's okay for me to continue wearing my favourite jacket if I were to go back to Canada?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.4    3 months ago
Do you think it's okay for me to continue wearing my favourite jacket if I were to go back to Canada?

Sure, that is not a walking eagle, more of a weight lifting eagle.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @2.1.5    3 months ago

Our whole world needs a lot more than a peace pipe these days, even a heavy one. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Kavika     3 months ago

I had my Indigi-O-Meter repaired and am ready to use it...jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png