╌>

War through weakness

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 months ago  •  136 comments

War through weakness
The targeted sites in Iraq were mostly “devoid of fighters and military personnel at the time of the attack,” al-Mosawi said – suggesting that there may not have been enough damage to justify a strong response.

Link to quote: US strikes in response to drone attack kill at least 39 in Iraq and Syria as Iran fumes (msn.com)

Before we can have a discussion of Joe Biden's foreign policy (in this case his ME policy), we need to establish a few facts. The other day somebody informed us that Iran’s Revolutionary Guard had been hit. The first vague damage assessments are beginning to come in and this is how it was reported by the New York Post:

U .S. airstrikes on Iraq and Syria overnight Friday killed at least 39 people and injured several dozen others, hitting more than 85 targets linked to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard and related militias in the first of a series of retaliatory moves following last weekend’s drone strike in Jordan that killed three US Army soldiers and injured dozens more.

US strikes in response to drone attack kill at least 39 in Iraq and Syria as Iran fumes (msn.com)

There are supposedly more strikes to follow, but the word is that Iran will not be targeted. The damage assessment went on:

“The facilities that were struck included command and control operations, centers, intelligence centers, rockets, and missiles, and unmanned aired vehicle storages, and logistics and munition supply chain facilities of militia groups and their IRGC sponsors who facilitated attacks against U.S. and Coalition forces,” U.S. Central Command said in a statement.

We are still waiting for specifics. In any event the terrorists had a week to pack up and leave before the well-advertised strikes took place. When 85 targets are hit with precision weapons and only 39 terrorists are killed one has to wonder. In any event it is time to assess the Biden policy. We remember how he ran out of Afghanistan, leaving behind a key air base with $ billions in equipment and 13 service members dead.

Then we had Russia move on Ukraine under Biden's watch. Thus far the Biden administration has slow walked over $113 Billion in aid to Ukraine and that war is now in a stalemate.

In the middle east, Biden sought to reengage in the Iran deal. To this day he has been appeasing Iran. When Israel was brutally attacked by Hamas, Biden initially pledged support to Israel. It didn't take long for Biden to do what so many predicted. He is now pressuring Israel into a cease fire. That could be devastating for Israel. After 0ver 160 attacks on US bases by Iranian proxies, Biden responded with attacks on empty warehouses. Most recently, 3 American soldiers were killed and about 40 wounded, Biden was forced to respond. He didn't attack Iran. He telegraphed the response a week in advance. Thus, the strikes, whether they had some successes, were not as effective as they could be.

My advice for Joe Biden is to stop listening to the radical lefties he surrounds himself with. Instead, he should remember what a war time General told his superiors as well as the Atlanta mayor before torching the city:

Maj.-Gen.-William-T.-Sherman-248x300.jpg

“If the people raise a howl against my barbarity and cruelty” Sherman wrote in a letter to General Henry Halleck in Washington “I will tell them that war is war, and not popularity seeking.  If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war”.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 months ago

Good morning

GFO9qehboAADd8M?format=jpg&name=small

In other news:

Taylor Swift smashes Album record at Grammys.

Joe Biden is condemning anti-Arab attacks.

House Judiciary Committee subpoenas Fani Willis.

Senate border bill facing an uphill battle in the House.

Mayorkas faces impeachment.

A biased ABC host abruptly ended an interview with JD Vance.

A Parents Rights group rips BLM Week of Action curriculum.

George
Junior Expert
1.1  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 months ago

I can't find fault with this, nobody should be attacked based on nationality or ethnic group. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @1.1    3 months ago

We can all agree on that. In the meantime, Jewish students are afraid to leave their dorms.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 months ago
 Jewish students are afraid to leave their dorms.

As are Palestinians since an 8 year was stabbed to death and his mother wounded and three Palestinians students were shot and one is paralyzed for life.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.2    3 months ago

The key differences between anti-Semitism and "Islamophobia" are:

1) Proportion. There was an increase of 316% in anti-Semitic acts in the one-month span from October to November (832 incidents)

2) Definition.  The anti-Semitic incidents are actual incidents. The anti-Arab "incidents" involve perceived bias.

The anti-extremism advocacy group Anti-Defamation League, or ADL, released updated data Monday  citing 832  antisemitic   incidents between Oct. 7 and Nov. 7 , an increase of 316% compared to last year.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations said that during the same period it  recorded 1,283 reports of bias , an increase of 216% over the same span of time in 2022.  

Incidents of antisemitism and Islamophobia surge in month since onset of Israel-Hamas war (msn.com)

You see different organizations recording different things. Your 8-year-old stabbing represents a single incident.

So why is Biden only focused on the anti-Arab attacks?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    3 months ago

2) Definition.  The anti-Semitic incidents are actual incidents. The anti-Arab "incidents" involve perceived bias.

A dead 8 year old and a wounded mother aren't perceived bias when the killer admits it was his fear and hate of Palestinians that he did it...

The three wounded Palestinian students are perceived one is paralyzed for life.

You grasping at straws posting that BS, Vic.

So why is Biden only focused on the anti-Arab attacks?

He isn't and has made that clear in speeches and of course supplying Israel with unlimited weapons.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.4    3 months ago

Then why are you the one who is reaching?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    3 months ago
1) Proportion. There was an increase of 316% in anti-Semitic acts in the one-month span from October to November (832 incidents

How many of those were in the Massachusetts area?  I saw article after article from 2017 through late 2023 decrying the amount of incidents in Boston and MA.

Massachusetts Antisemitism and White Supremacy Increasing – NBC Boston

Fighting the rising tide of anti-Jewish hate in Boston - Axios Boston

Boston antisemitic hate crimes hit record high - Axios Boston

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.6    3 months ago

Sounds like a republican shithole!

George
Junior Expert
1.1.8  George  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.7    3 months ago

Boston is a liberal shithole filled with Massholes. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.1.9  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.7    3 months ago

Do you have any idea whol lives in Boston? 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.7    3 months ago
Sounds like a republican shithole!

Boston?  Massachusetts?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  George @1.1.8    3 months ago

Exactly, but a real shithole is Baltimore, in the very wealthy and blue Maryland.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.6    3 months ago

I heard they have a huge problem with drug addicts as well, heroin.  I see it as an addiction/a mental health/medical problem.  Some see addicts as vermin.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.11    3 months ago

Not true.

I used to work in Baltimore.

I live in Howard County, one of the wealthiest in the nation.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.13    3 months ago
Not true.

Oh please.  Baltimore:

• Declining population, started in the 60's as whites fled to the burbs, decline continues
  • Nearly half of Baltimore's residents live below 200% of the federal poverty line, over half of the city's poor live on incomes that are at or below 50% of the national poverty line
  • The federal Department of Education's National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), or Nation's Report Card, ranks Baltimore City Public Schools as one of the worst public school systems for academic achievement
  • Crime rate of 48 per 1,000 residents, one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes, chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 21.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.14    3 months ago

See comment 1.1.13

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  George @1.1.8    3 months ago

[removed]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.15    3 months ago

Yes, what about it?  I saw it before I replied to you,

Do you disagree that 1.1.14 defines a blue shithole?

Maybe rich Howard and Montgomery Co should help out their destitute neighbor.  That would be progressive.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.18  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  George @1.1.8    3 months ago

Anyone from Ma is considered a Masshole political affiliation doesn't matter or factor in.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.14    3 months ago

Seems like most of that can be applied to almost every major city!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.20  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.10    3 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.17    3 months ago

See comment 1.1.13

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.22  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.20    3 months ago

All the talk of Boston, made me a little homesick, so decided on a New England style boiled supper, should be ready in about 30 mins, corned beef brisket, boiled cabbage with taters and carrots, the left overs will definitely be working me Masshole.

Person who fart in church, sits in own pew....

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.23  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.16    3 months ago
I believe the author of this 'article' resides in the anti-semetic and white supremacist shithole

MIT or Harvard?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.24  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    3 months ago
Then why are you the one who is reaching?

Just stated facts, Vic and it must seem like Kryptonite.

LMAO, come on Vic, for you to tell anyone that they are reaching is beyond hilarious.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.25  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.19    3 months ago

No, poverty levels, education systems, crime levels are significantly worse than most major cities.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.26  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.21    3 months ago

Why repeat yourself?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.25    3 months ago

Is there something in common those cities have?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.22    3 months ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.14    3 months ago

Not true

George
Junior Expert
1.1.30  George  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.18    3 months ago

Agree, 100%.  My best friend is a Masshole and proud of it, fucking patriots fan.

George
Junior Expert
1.1.31  George  replied to  George @1.1.30    3 months ago

Sorry Charger, didn’t realize you were a patriots fan, at least you guys have rings this century.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.32  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.29    3 months ago

What’s not true?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.33  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.27    3 months ago

The Baltimore has three things in common with Boston:

1. Blue city in a Blue State.
  2. Both cities are in wealthy states
  3. Both cities are spelled with a B. 

Baltimore:

• Pover­ty has been on the rise among Baltimore’s chil­dren . The city’s child pover­ty rate spiked from 24 % in 2018 to 35 % in 2021 . Nation­al­ly, the child pover­ty rate was much low­er — just 17 % — in  2021 .
  • In 2021 , near­ly 1  in 3  young adults liv­ing in Bal­ti­more were poor. In the last decade, young Bal­ti­more­ans, ages 18 to 24 , expe­ri­enced high pover­ty rates (with the sta­tis­tic rang­ing from about 30 % to 35 % between 2011 and 2017 ). More recent­ly, the pover­ty rate of the city’s young adults dipped to 22 % in 2019 and then jumped back up to 30 % in 2021 — effec­tive­ly eras­ing any progress made over the last decade.
  • More than 2  in 5  high school­ers across Bal­ti­more were over­weight or obese in 2021 22 . This rate jumped from 32 % in 2013 14 to 42 % in 2021 22 . The city rate con­tin­ues to exceed the statewide aver­age, which was 31 % in 2021 22 .
  • While the high school dropout rate for Bal­ti­more stu­dents has improved, it sits well above the statewide rate. . The city’s four-year adjust­ed high school dropout rate hov­ered between 15 % and 16 % from 2017 to 2019 before falling to 12 . 5 % in 2021 . By com­par­i­son, Maryland’s dropout rate was 7 . 4 % in 2021 . The city’s four-year adjust­ed grad­u­a­tion rate, on the oth­er hand, has been sta­ble in recent years and decreased by a per­cent­age point from 70 % in 2020 to 69 % in  2021 .

It’s easy to find similar comparisons to other shit hole criteria.  

https://www.aecf.org/blog/a-profile-of-youth-and-young-adults-in-baltimore#:~:text=population%20in%202021-,Poverty,2018%20to%2035%25%20in%202021.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.34  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.18    3 months ago

Charger, considering I was born, raised and educated in Ma., and in Boston in particular, it was no sweeping generalization that being a Masshole has nothing to do with political affiliation. So I think I qualify to speak on the subject.

It does have everything to do with general attitude of the people and there are definitely different regional differences from the different areas.

So as someone that is a confirmed born and bred Masshole, ranging from the north shore, north and south ends as well as a fall river french/portagee herring choker,unless you were born there, you have no idea.

Being called a Masshole is a badge of honor to those that are called one which usually opens the door to an even more reprehensible and insulting response.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.35  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.13    3 months ago

My fan club is now on ignore.  Taunt away.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.36  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.34    3 months ago

I'm gonna tell you a story
I'm gonna tell you about my town
I'm gonna tell you a big fat story, baby
Aw, it's all about my town

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.37  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.35    3 months ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.38  Tessylo  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.34    3 months ago

Stop whining about it and accept the ticket like a man.  lol

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.39  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.38    3 months ago

[deleted]

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.40  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  George @1.1.31    3 months ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.41  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.39    3 months ago

[Deleted]

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.1.42  charger 383  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.34    3 months ago

I had never heard this and did not know it was a term of endearment.  

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.43  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  charger 383 @1.1.42    3 months ago

LOL, well it depends on the person , kind of like insulting family, it's ok for one Masshole to do it to another but let someone that isn't start, well then it's game on so to speak and it can get bad.

Me, I don't take it as an insult from anyone, but I damn sure will use it to make someone lose it.

Hell a better example would be go into any bar in the Southend , practically nothing but insults from and to people that know each other.

I will admit some think it's a derogatory term , but those are usually outsiders that wish to be nothing BUT insulting.

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.1.44  charger 383  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.34    3 months ago

OK, I was concerned it might lead to some" even more reprehensible and insulting response."  Comments about Massahole put back. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.1.45  charger 383  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.22    3 months ago

enjoy!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.46  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  charger 383 @1.1.42    3 months ago

It's like when George said Masshole patriots fan, no offense was taken because patriots fans ARE on a different level .a true fan can't be a fair weather fan , they have to take both the good and bad and stay loyal.

The other sports are not as fanatical as football in NE. Again it's all about attitude, a patriots fan can say the team sucked , but let a jets or bills fan say it and a patriots fan will get in eithers face.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.47  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.41    3 months ago

I'll take that one, with a smile, not like I usually accrue enough points to matter.

I will still quote Cleveland though, just nasty.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.48  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.41    3 months ago

Huh?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.49  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.48    3 months ago

(in Aussie dingo hunter accent) Krickey, no worries, the kupi doll is still where it belongs, in the ignore pile.

Almost answered your question about what attributes determine male from female, but Cleveland saying ,that's just nasty flashed afore my eyes when I came up with an answer so I decided against it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.50  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.24    3 months ago

Sorry Kavika. These are your words:

Some of the strikes hit the Islamic Revolutionary Guard which is part of  Iran military proper and I heard that strikes also hit the Quds Force another part of Iran and their army.

I'm not letting you off the hook.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.51  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.6    3 months ago

I'm glad that you finally have agreed with me. Yes, it is overwhelmingly anti-Semitism.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.52  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.50    3 months ago

The only hook is the imaginary one that you keep biting. I also suggest that you read my comment carefully as you're making assumptions as usual. 

Some of the strikes hit the Islamic Revolutionary Guard which is part of  Iran military proper and I heard that strikes also hit the Quds Force another part of Iran and their army.

And I posted what the administration said which is the same, it is you that wants a body count showing that they are members of the IRG. 

Remember, it was you who kept whining about Biden not attacking Iran and the proxies, article after article (false as usual) and when the administration did attack with a vengeance Syria and Iraq and a day later in Yemen the only things that you babble on about is that the administration nor I can prove that it was the IRG. It seems that whenever you are proven wrong and a partisan you jump to another subject or attempt to cherry-pick words and phrases as a defense or more than likely CYA.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.53  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.52    3 months ago

There is still no proof that a single member of the IRG was killed. 

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2  Igknorantzruls    3 months ago

That is a far cry from accurate in regards to Biden ME actions as various responses  were presented and their implications measured. 

Vic, there is NO response that could have made you and your anti everything “right” happy, so just admit as much

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2    3 months ago

I told you before. Target Iran's oil facilities or its nuclear facilities.   

That would mean something.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    3 months ago

Okay, we get it, "Loose The Hounds of War!"

WAR!

YOU SAY!

WAR!

SMH...

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.1.2  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    3 months ago

Then you would claim Biden is responsible for the spike in oil pricing, and or radiation spewing over the Muddled Middle East.

From what i’ve read, it was a good response that sends the correct message , but somehow, i doubt u will agree. i 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    3 months ago

What happens to people who will not defend themselves in the Bronx?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.2    3 months ago
Then you would claim Biden is responsible for the spike in oil pricing

I go further than that. Biden's energy policy enabled both Iran and Russia to finance their wars.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    3 months ago
I go further than that. Biden's energy policy enabled both Iran and Russia to finance their wars.

And you would be wrong.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.6  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    3 months ago

Nobody ever bothered me to find out...

The NYPD are, after all, simply the best!

I was mugged once in Boston in 2017...

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.1.7  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Kavika @2.1.5    3 months ago

What , Biden’s policy where we are the #1 Oil producing nation in the world ? And what specific act did Biden do to enable Iran and Russia ?

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.1.8  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.7    3 months ago

[deleted]

George
Junior Expert
2.1.9  George  replied to  Igknorantzruls @2.1.7    3 months ago

What specific policy was that? please be specific, because the US to the lead in petroleum production in 2018 and i'm curious which Biden policy caused that?  I better statement would be that the senile old fool has managed to not fuck it up.

United States continued to lead global petroleum and natural gas production in 2020 - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.5    3 months ago

From CNN one month into Biden's term:

US oil prices have skyrocketed  69% since November’s election based on Thursday’s close at $63.50 a barrel.

Oil is up nearly 70% since the election, a record in the modern era | CNN Business

FACTS ARE FACTS!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2.1.6    3 months ago
Nobody ever bothered me to find out...

That wasn't the question.

I'll ask our readers or anyone who grew up in the inner city:

What happens to those who won't defend themselves?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.12  Greg Jones  replied to  Kavika @2.1.5    3 months ago
"And you would be wrong."
If you think so, provide proof to the contrary.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    3 months ago

That of course has nothing to do with your statement re Russia and Iran.

FAIL

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.14  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    3 months ago

Then gas prices fell fastest in history...

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.15  JBB  replied to  Kavika @2.1.13    3 months ago

Flailing and Failing. The MAGA Twins...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.16  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2.1.14    3 months ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2.1.15    3 months ago
The MAGA Twins...

You mean the guy with all the FACTS and LINKS.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Kavika   replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.12    3 months ago

Russia's 2023 oil and gas revenues falls to three-year low

https://www.spglobal.com/commodityinsights/en/market-insights/latest-news/oil/011124-russias-2023-oil-and-gas-revenues-falls-to-three-year-low#:~:text=Russia's%20annual%20oil%20and%20gas,2020%2C%20according%20to%20a%20Jan.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.19  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.18    3 months ago

The U.S. is the world’s largest oil and gas producer. Because of the COVID-19 shutdowns, but also because of the many restrictions and costs piled onto domestic producers by the Biden administration, and in recognition of those likely to follow, U.S.  output has declined  from 13.1 million barrels per day in February 2020 to 11.9 mb/d today.

Taking over 1 million barrels per day off the world market amid what was until recently a global economic expansion has helped boost prices. And higher prices are funding Putin’s war with Ukraine.

Consider: On June 10 the central bank of Russia dropped its key lending rate by 150 basis points, the fourth such cut in the past few months.  

This even as financial authorities around the world, including in the U.S., are  pushing rates  higher  to dampen demand and squash inflation.

Why would the Bank of Russia be such an outlier? Because the economy of that belligerent nation, though suffering rising poverty and double-digit inflation, is doing much better than expected. The reason is oil prices, which are 60 percent above levels from one year ago.

Higher oil prices have helped stabilize Russia’s export revenues, and its currency. The ruble had tumbled to a value below one U.S. cent in March, after Russian President  Vladimir Putin  invaded Ukraine, down from 1.4 cents the year before.

Biden’s war on oil is funding Putin’s war on Ukraine | The Hill

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.20  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.19    3 months ago

How do you explain the facts in my comment 2.1.18?

In 2023 the US produced more oil than any country in history. 

This year, the United States pumped out more oil than any other country in history, producing millions more barrels than Russia or Saudi Arabia ever have and accounting for almost a fifth of the world's total oil production. And the Biden administration played a part in making it happen.Dec 20, 2023

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1.21  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.19    3 months ago

From your link - BY LIZ PEEK, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 06/24/22 8:00 AM ET

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.17    3 months ago
You mean the guy with all the FACTS and LINKS.

No, the guy with opinion pieces and links.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.23  Split Personality  replied to  George @2.1.9    3 months ago

The first time was 2013.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.24  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @2.1.20    3 months ago

We imported 3 trillion cubic feet of natural gas from Canada and Exported 6.96 TCF to the EU

Even without Keystone XL, U.S. set for record Canadian oil imports | Reuters

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.10    3 months ago

When do you provide them?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.27  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.26    3 months ago

It is all there in front of you. Try reading the links.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.28  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.25    3 months ago
Wait til the ruble hits .04....

And what does that have to do with Biden enabling Russia?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.29  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.22    3 months ago

Says the guy who made the now infamous statement:

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.30  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.20    3 months ago

Two things Kavika:

1) Demand returned as the pandemic faded away

2) Joe had to allow drilling to end the inflation he had created.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.31  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @2.1.21    3 months ago

Plus FACTS

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.32  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.30    3 months ago
1) Demand returned as the pandemic faded away

In 2023 there was no pandemic nor in 2022, projections are for 2024 and 2025 to be even larger than 2023.

2) Joe had to allow drilling to end the inflation he had created.

LOL, another shot in the dark. Try again.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.33  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.29    3 months ago
Says the guy who made the now infamous statement:

It may be infamous to those with little understanding but to most it is accurate and a fact.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.34  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @2.1.33    3 months ago

To this day you haven't been able to provide a shred of evidence that an Iranian Guard member was killed.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.35  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.29    3 months ago
Says the guy who made the now infamous statement: Some of the strikes hit the Islamic Revolutionary Guard which is part of  Iran military proper and I heard that strikes also hit the Quds Force another part of Iran and their army.

Oh my, since it's an accurate statement it's infamous? That surely is an odd stance to take and it's nothing like your famous comment that canceling the Keystone Pipeline stopped us from becoming energy-independent....Since that oil comes from Canada one would have to be quite ignorant of US borders or Canadian borders or assuming that Canada is part of the US. 

Now, if you want to play the infamous game you're welcome to but it will show that when it comes to infamous statements you are the Champion.

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1.36  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.31    3 months ago
Plus FACTS

HAHAHAHAHA! If you dealt in facts you wouldn't link a 2022 opinion to refute 2023 data. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.1.37  afrayedknot  replied to  Kavika @2.1.35    3 months ago

“..,when it comes to infamous statements you are the Champion.”

For it to be ‘infamous’, it would require at least a sense of context and uttered by one with at least a sense importance. 
Lacking both, it is nothing but inflammatory, nothing but self gratifying, and thus nothing. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @2.1.37    3 months ago

So to be clear, it is inflammatory, it is self-gratifying, all while being nothing.

Interesting.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 months ago
Before we can have a discussion of Joe Biden's foreign policy (in this case his ME policy), we need to establish a few facts. The other day somebody informed us that Iran’s Revolutionary Guard had been hit. The first vague damage assessments are beginning to come in and this is how it was reported by the New York Post:

That someone was me, Vic why not just name me, you know, Squad Leader Kavika and I posted the number killed last night directly to you on your article, you must have ignored it. No worries it's by Reuters. I didn't want you to go to bed not knowing that we killed a whole bunch of people. Blood Lust satisfied.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @3    3 months ago
I posted the number killed last night directly to you on your article

Again, you are insulting our intelligence. You have yet to show us that those people were members of Iran's Revolutionary Guard. 

The Post article seems to dispute that actual members were even attacked.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 months ago

Please explain how I could insult ''our'' intelligence. The article is clear, RG targets hit 26 people guarding the facilty killed....Oh, wait they could have been the Mafia or MS13...

LMAO, you need to pack it in, Vic your grasping at straws that aren't there.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    3 months ago
LMAO, you need to pack it in, Vic your grasping at straws that aren't there.

No, no, Kavika, you have to prove that Iran's Revolutionary Guard members were among the dead.

You can't do that or you would have.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JBB  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    3 months ago

It happens when they "Blame Biden First".

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    3 months ago

He earned it and he earned a good deal of it on day 1.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    3 months ago

Oh my, Vic you can't even grasp a straw.

What do you need for proof of Vic, passports, and parent's ID as RG?

even then since you have been wrong are almost all of what you spout, you would deny that as well.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @3.1.5    3 months ago

You can't even get Biden's Defense Department to say they killed IRG members.

You just keep repeating the same thing without a bit of evidence.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.6    3 months ago

I know that killing RG is of paramount importance to you, strange but true, and they have stated that those guarding were killed. Who do you think was guarding the facility? 

Vic, what you keep doing is avoiding the fact that the US and Biden administrations unleashed deadly attacks in Yeman, Syria and Iraq in retaliation for the attack in Jordan.

Your unbridled hate for Biden and this administration has led you to become kind of a one trick pony.

Simply put, Vic if the administration wiped Iran off the map you would find fault with it. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.8  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @3.1.7    3 months ago
You can't even get Biden's Defense Department to say they killed IRG members.

it's obvious that the US needs some impartial maga ground observers dropped in before any attack, to report back with accurate assessments of battle damage... /s

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.9  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @3.1.8    3 months ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 months ago

''Cry Havoc Slip the Dogs of War''

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @4    3 months ago

Minus the dugout.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    3 months ago

Just in:

Social Justice warrior DA Alvin Bragg has finally given a public statement on the illegals who attacked NYPD officers and were released:

“we didn’t have enough evidence.”

GFbKfYVWwAEie3o?format=jpg&name=small

Evidently films of perpetrators aren't enough evidence in NYC.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    3 months ago

It is when charging an innocent bodega worker for defending himself from a previously convicted punk and his knife wielding GF trying to rob him.

Bragg is a leftist POS; who caters to criminals and charges victims.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1    3 months ago

I remember that. That worker should have got a ticker-tape parade and the keys to the city.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6  Nerm_L    3 months ago

Well, Biden has successfully revived the Cold War by igniting a number of hot brush wars.  And now Biden is employing the policy of saturation bombing from the Vietnam era.  Too bad the military gave its stockpile to Biden's Soviet puppet.  Now the military has to fight without a bang. 

(BTW, more money won't restock the stockpile overnight.  Trillion$ in aid to the Soviets won't change the situation on the ground.  It really does take time to manufacture things.  Biden is reluctant because manufacturing has been a dirty word in the Democrat lexicon.)  

Biden demonstrates why Senators make bad Presidents; particularly Senators without any other real world experience.  Biden has relied upon the Senatorial practice of tit-for-tat gotcha politics to score political points that are intended to influence public opinion.  Biden's political experience has not prepared him to address and end a crisis.  Biden's politics deliberately prolongs a crisis to allow exploiting the crisis to score political points.  

For Biden there is so little time and so many pooches to screw.  Be patient, Biden is doing his best.  Biden ended Afghanistan in such a way to create another persistent and intractable crisis.  And Biden has started how many crises since?  As a Senator Biden didn't have to be concerned with consequences; there was always a scapegoat in the chamber.  But the Senatorial skillset of infallible incompetence hampers a President.  Biden does not inspire public confidence in the United States.  And Biden is incapable of striking fear into the hearts of adversaries.  Biden should be a one-term President that never was.  But, alas, democracy was rigged to favor tit-for-tat politics.  How's the view from that political high ground? 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7  Ronin2    3 months ago

Brandon is slow walking the US into a war with Iran, Iraq, Yemen, and Syria we are not even close to being prepared to fight. 

We are already overextended with three proxy wars (Ukraine, Syria, and Israel). He has diverted military resources to the ME that are needed as a buffer to keep China out of Taiwan. Think China isn't paying close attention to what is going on? Xi has probably assured Iran that if the US moves on them- China will invade Taiwan. Which would make Putin ecstatic as any resources the US has in Ukraine would need  to be immediately recalled. Unless Brandon thinks the US can fight 3 wars at once?

Considering that we are having to outsource munitions to South Korea just to meet our own needs; fighting- much the less winning- multiple wars isn't close to being a reality.

I don't blame Brandon for all of the problems in the ME. But ending the Trump sanctions on Iran was the height of stupidity. The coalition Trump put together of China, Russia, and Europe will not be put back together- that genie has escaped the bottle and turned into a full blown djinn. His tepid (read weak) responses to Iranian proxy attacks on US ships in international waters encouraged Iran to increase the attacks testing out land to ship missiles, and air & sea drones. His keeping US troops in Iraq (extra blame to Bush Jr, Obama, and Trump) and Syria (more blame added to Obama and Trump) has put targets on their backs- the fact they are conducting missions against Iranian proxies (along with ISIS/ISIL) just adds to the stupidity.

The US literally reminds me of the bullies in cartoons/movies. Keep pushing and lightly slapping the weaker opponent screaming "Hit me, common I dare you to hit me!" Then flying off the handle when they actually get hit "I am going to pound you now!" As if they are now justified somehow for the beating that will follow.

Our foreign policy has been stuck on stupid forever.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  JohnRussell    3 months ago
Taylor Swift smashes Album record at Grammys.

Good thing you informed everyone. How else would we have ever known ? 

Biden, while not referring directly to the WSJ or the article's author, said on social media platform X it was wrong to blame "a group of people based on the words of a small few."

"That's exactly what can lead to Islamophobia and anti-Arab hate, and it shouldn't happen to the residents of Dearborn – or any American town," Biden said on the platform formerly called Twitter.

Biden condemns anti-Arab hate after WSJ opinion piece calls Dearborn 'jihad capital' (msn.com)

The seeded article thinks innocent people should be targeted, as long as they live in Dearborn. 

House Judiciary Committee subpoenas Fani Willis .

The seeded article wants Trump to get off on a technicality. 

Senate border bill facing an uphill battle in the (Republican) House .

Otherwise known as the Trump Pet Enclosure. 

The Biden impeachment went nowhere so now they have slunk to plan B. 

JD Vance humiliated himself with a flood of MAGA garbage. ABC actually let him talk too long. 

At least they found another target besides teachers. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8    3 months ago
Good thing you informed everyone. How else would we have ever known ? 

A lot of people don't watch the Grammys. It is usually a horrible presentation. I just thought I'd let everyone know.

The seeded article thinks innocent people should be targeted, as long as they live in Dearborn. 

Are you aware of what is going on out there?

At a pro-Palestinian rally in Dearborn, Michigan, on Tuesday, an energized audience inside a large theater cheered Hamas.

"We are not going to be intimidated by, stay silent when they say Hamas is a terrorist organization. The fact, it is not a terrorist organization," one speaker said to wild applause.

Massive Pro-Palestinian Rally in US Theater Erupts in Cheers When Speaker Defends Hamas (msn.com)

They don't seem to be all that intimidated.

Show us where? 

Did you see the provision I posted that allows a Homeland Security Secretary to grant asylum to anyone he wants?

There has yet to be a Biden impeachment. Pelosi has the bar low enough to impeach anyone.

JD Vance humiliated himself with a flood of MAGA garbage. ABC actually let him talk too long. 

Stephanopoulos finally had someone on who called him out. Did you see the anger in his face? Perhaps I'll post the video.

It all comes from the same place.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    3 months ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.1    3 months ago

George Stephanopolous - ....he also faces a series of legal judgments and indictments, most recently this E Jean Carroll case,  where juries have found him liable for sexual assault and defamation ...how do you respond to that that your support of Trump is sanctioning that kind of behavior ,sexual assault and defamation ?

J.D. Vance well I think it it's actually very unfair to the victims of sexual assault ,uh, to say that somehow their lives are being worse by electing Donald Trump for president when what he's trying to do I think is restore prosperity ,so I think it's insulting to victims of sexual assault .

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.2    3 months ago

He also called her attorney a CUNextTuesday after ensuring it was off the record.

What a classy guy the former 'president' is!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.2    3 months ago

So, how is that insulting to victims of sexual assault, so many of which who were sexually assaulted by the former 'president', by the way?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.2    3 months ago

Stephanopoulos was framing what "critical thinkers" call an agenda-setting argument. He had somebody like JD Vance on the show and everything was about Trump starting with the first question which was why Vance had changed his mind about Trump. The question you highlight is an attempt to get Vance to say that because a NY jury found Trump liable for sexual assault, he shouldn't be President.

Vance gave the answers that Stephanopoulos didn't want to hear.

The bottom line is that Senator JD Vance should have been allowed to fully answer and explain his positions after being ambushed at the end of the interview.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.5    3 months ago
The question you highlight is an attempt to get Vance to say that because a NY jury found Trump liable for sexual assault, he shouldn't be President.

YES !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.5    3 months ago

Back when we had a sane country a presidential candidate held liable for sexual assault would most likely immediately drop out in disgrace. If he refused to drop out he would be forced out by his party.

In Magaworld, this is not a disqualifying liability, it is a positive rallying point.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.5    3 months ago

I didnt read any transcripts of the trials, but I do know this  -  two videos were played for the jury, in one of which Donald Trump says women let you grab them by the pussy, and in the other video (his deposition) he says celebrities have been grabbing women by the pussy for a million years. When asked by Carroll's lawyer if he considers himself a "celebrity" he said yes.

The charge against Trump was that he had grabbed E Jean Carroll's pussy. 

-

There was also direct testimony by a friend of Carroll's that E Jean called her right after the incident and told her what had happened. 

Trump would have been better off admitting he was with Carroll in that department store but that the activity was consensual. 

The jury knows that Trump is a habitual liar, and it was a big mistake for him to simply deny everything. 

Of course he should not be president. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.5    3 months ago
Vance gave the answers that Stephanopoulos didn't want to hear.

Vance was given several minutes to make his points. He was not cut off near the beginning of his comments, but at the end.  In his comments he said that women should not be against Trump because he was found guilty of sexual assault, but rather they should be for him because he will bring back "prosperity", and he said that Trump has the right to defy the Supreme Court, and he said that if he were VP on Jan 6th he would have handed the election over to Congress, to "argue it out". In other words disenfranchise millions of voters, essentially on a whim. 

What is the EVIDENCE that would support disenfranchising millions of voters? That there was too much mail in voting?  The nation has let this total insanity go on for far too long. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.7    3 months ago

Back when we had a sane country a presidential candidate held liable for sexual assault would most likely immediately drop out in disgrace.

is that what Clinton did? 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @8    3 months ago
House Judiciary Committee subpoenas Fani Willis .

It is called the law. Something Democrats have proven they don't give a shit about; and are willing to abuse to achieve their objectives.

Senate border bill facing an uphill battle in the (Republican) House .

Have you even read the bill? Do you know what is in it? 5000 crossing per day for 7 days- then DHS will shut down the border temporarily. No one trusts Mayorkas to enforce US laws- so that is a non starter. Democrats now suddenly want to throw 20 billon- more than double they were ever willing to give Trump- at border security. Of course the bill doesn't explain how the money will be used. Hiring more BP (read illegal immigrant taxi service and paper pushers), and leftist judges to turn the border into a Democrat indoctrination center is not securing the border.

The Brandon investigation is still ongoing- and still being stonewalled by Garland, DOJ, and FBI. Mayorkas, Garland, and Wray should all be impeached. Remove the Democrat henchmen; and then stonewall their replacements until after the 2024 elections.

Leftists showing their eternal love of free speech again./S

Democrats still don't believe parents should have a say in their children's education. Public schools are not Democrat indoctrination centers to teach children the leftist culture of hate, racial, and class division.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
8.2.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Ronin2 @8.2    3 months ago

“Public schools are not Democrat indoctrination centers…”

Of course not. Just as school districts are intentionally being targeted and infiltrated by right wing ideologues will never, ever supplant parental responsibility in the moral, ethical, and empathetic ways our children are raised. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @8    3 months ago

The truth!

Thank yo!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @8.3    3 months ago

thank you

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  JohnRussell    3 months ago
A lot of people don't watch the Grammys. It is usually a horrible presentation. I just thought I'd let everyone know.

I didnt watch a minute of it and I knew. The only way people wouldnt know is if they get all their news from a certain Newstalkers column. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9    3 months ago

We can't all be psychics. 

What do you think will come out of the big interview from Moscow?

GFc5qXKaEAA6Yy1?format=jpg&name=small

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1    3 months ago
What do you think will come out of the big interview from Moscow?

gay porn, about 90 minutes worth...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    3 months ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @10    3 months ago

This has been on C-Span 3 all day and it has been magnificent. Mayorkas put the country in danger.

All the worst to this rotten leftwing ideologue.

evilone
Professor Guide
10.2  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @10    3 months ago

FYI - Both Buck and McClintock have now publicly stated they will vote not to impeach. With Scalise out for medical treatment this is dead in the House.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @10.2    3 months ago
With Scalise out for medical treatment this is dead in the House.

For now.

Scalise will eventually come back.

There are 3 Representatives that will be replaced soon as well.