╌>

Ron DeSantis Preemptively Rejects VP Offer From Trump, Says Trump Accomplished Nothing as President

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  8 months ago  •  12 comments

By:   BY BESS LEVIN

Ron DeSantis Preemptively Rejects VP Offer From Trump, Says Trump Accomplished Nothing as President
. . . the Florida governor said he had no interest in being Trump’s VP, claimed the 45th POTUS accomplished nothing of importance as president,

(Image credit: MSNBC)

More on DeSanctimonous:

Measles Is A 'Heat-Seeking Missile' Experts Warn As Florida Outbreak Grows.

Florida’s outbreak is the largest in the U.S. right now.

Measles is so contagious   and has such a long incubation period that the decision of the state’s Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo to let parents decide whether to quarantine their children or let them keep going to school could allow cases to spread, experts warn. ( Read it all )

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

When   Ron DeSantis   dropped out   of the GOP primary last month, he   declared , “It’s clear to me that a majority of Republican primary voters want to give   Donald Trump   another chance,” and endorsed the ex-president. But ask DeSantis his thoughts about the former guy in private, and apparently he doesn’t have the best things to say!

During a call with supporters on Wednesday, the Florida governor   said   he had no interest in being Trump’s VP, claimed the 45th POTUS accomplished nothing of importance as president, and went after the conservative media for refusing to honestly cover the guy, i.e., run critical stories about him.

“People were mentioning me,” DeSantis said of potentially serving as Trump’s running mate. “I am not doing that.” (On Tuesday, Trump   confirmed to   Fox News that DeSantis was one of several people he was considering for the job.)

“I have heard that they’re looking more in identity politics,”

Discussing his failure to beat out the ex-president for the nomination, the governor blamed Trump’s legal problems, saying: “The dynamics of the race were, he kept getting indicted, and he drew more support out of sympathy for that.”  tis told his supporters. “I think that’s a mistake. I think you should just focus on who the best person for the job would be.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    8 months ago

During a call with supporters on Wednesday, the Florida governor   said   he had no interest in being Trump’s VP, claimed the 45th POTUS accomplished nothing of importance as president, and went after the conservative media for refusing to honestly cover the guy, i.e., run critical stories about him.

Aha! 

Yet once again . . . De Sanctimonious sez: Its "the conservative media"!

(Could he possibly be right?  jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif )

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Krishna @1    8 months ago

No matter what negative things some have said about De Santis, it cannot be denied that rebuffing Trump's offer to be VP is one of the smarter things he had done lately.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    8 months ago

Big mistake to pick a fight with Mickey Mouse.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    8 months ago

Discussing his failure to beat out the ex-president for the nomination, the governor blamed Trump’s legal problems, saying: “The dynamics of the race were, he kept getting indicted, and he drew more support out of sympathy for that.” 

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    8 months ago

At one point, Mr. DeSantis lacerated Mr. Trump’s record as president, saying he had failed to deliver on many campaign promises. “I was in Congress the first two years when Trump was president,” Mr. DeSantis said.

“I mean, we didn’t really do what we said we would do.

You didn’t see any major immigration, border, or any type of legislation. You didn’t see anything with repealing and replacing Obamacare. You didn’t see anything about reining in the bureaucracy. I mean, it was pretty, pretty mundane stuff.”

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     8 months ago

It's a pre-emptive strike by DeSantis since there is a very good chance that Trump will not ask him to be VP and he'd be embarrassed by that so, ''I don't want the job'' before that happens.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @4    8 months ago
It's a pre-emptive strike by DeSantis since there is a very good chance that Trump will not ask him to be VP and he'd be embarrassed by that so, ''I don't want the job'' before that happens.

I think you're right about that.

Actually I think that at this point even most Republicans have realized that DeSanctimonious would do more harm than good to the Republican ticket.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5  MrFrost    8 months ago

Wow, Desantis actually got one right. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  MrFrost @5    8 months ago

There's an olde saying:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day . .  .

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    8 months ago

The Republicans will reap what they sow.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7  seeder  Krishna    8 months ago

There's an olde saying:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day . .  .

There are a few like that that. This one, IMO, is not as clever, but its the same idea:

Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds an Acorn.

charger 383
Professor Silent
8  charger 383    8 months ago

For health or legal reasons Trump's VP probably would end up President if Trump wins