╌>

Canada to honour Brian Mulroney with week of raised GST rate

Category:  Satire

Via:  hallux  •  2 months ago  •  2 comments

By:   MARK HILL - The Beaverton

Canada to honour Brian Mulroney with week of raised GST rate

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

OTTAWA  – In response to the death of  Brian Mulroney , Canada’s 18 th  Prime Minister, the government has announced the nation’s  GST  will be doubled for one week. 

“The flags will go down, and the taxes will go up,” said Prime Minister Justin  Trudeau . “It’s what the man who gave us GST would have wanted.” 

Trudeau added, “Brian Mulroney rode a wave of fresh ideas to a massive electoral victory, stayed in power for so long that everyone ended up hating him, then quit at the last minute and let someone else deal with the fallout.”

“I can learn a lot from him.” 

Trudeau then said the week’s worth of increased tax revenue would be used to build a statue honouring the utter shellacking Jean Chrétien gave the Progressive Conservatives in 1990.

Reactions to Mulroney’s death are pouring in across the country, with Canadians saying things like, “Which one was he again?” to “Oh right, the tax guy. That sucks, I guess.” 

“I don’t like paying GST, but I like having  roads  and stuff, so it seems like it all worked out,” said Mark Cransdon, of Winnipeg. “What am I, an economist?” 

Mulroney’s body will be transported from his Florida home to Ottawa for a state funeral via one of the Airbus  planes  he got a kickback for purchasing.

As funeral preparations get underway, Conservative leader  Pierre Poilievre  also weighed in on Mulroney’s legacy. 

“Like him or hate him, Brian Mulroney will be remembered for his principled stand against South African Apartheid,” Poilievre said. “What a woke cuck.” 

At press time, Mulroney’s son, Ben Mulroney, was announcing plans to run for Prime Minister on a “Well, it worked for Justin” platform.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
PhD Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    2 months ago

This real liberal voted for that real conservative twice.

No Brian, Florida cannot pray stuff away.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hallux @1    2 months ago

I voted for him too, but I assume NT members will give about as much a damn about Brian Mulroney as they do about the PM of Uzbekistan.  The last Liberal I ever voted for was Justin's father, the man and PM Justin will NEVER be.  Pierre's funeral was quite an event.  Fidel Castro came, and he and Jimmy Carter argued about which of them would sit at the end of the pew.  Fidel won.  No surprise.