╌>

Stephanopoulos does it again.

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  68 comments

Stephanopoulos does it again.
"I'm not going to sit here on your show and be asked a question meant to shame me about another potential rape victim. I'm not going to do that."

One of "This Week's" guests this morning was Rep. Nancy Mace. It appeared that she was on the show to talk about rape and being a rape victim, but as leftwing hack George Stephanopoulos always does when he has a Republican on the show, he asked her questions about her support for Donald Trump, specifically why a rape victim would support a candidate who had been found liable for rape?  One could argue that question is fair game, but not when it gets asked 9 times.

The problem our little activist had was that Mace scolded him for trying to shame her. She said that as a rape victim who finally found the courage to tell people you are now shaming me for my pollical choices. The second time he asked she explained: "I find it offensive that as a rape victim you're trying to shame me for my political choices and I've said again, repeatedly, E. Jean Carroll has made a mockery out of rape by joking about it. Stephanopoulos countered with "you keep saying that" but of course it was Stephanopoulos who kept repeating the same question.

As to his claim that Trump was found liable Mace pointed out that the finding was in a Civil case not a Criminal one. The bar is so low that one gets to take the word of she said over he said. 

I seem to think that elected Representatives are smart people, thus I have to wonder why Mace agreed to go on the show. I'm sure she expected the conversation would be about her experiences and the things that rape victims have to go through, but did she not know Stephanopoulos history with Republican guests?

It was another low point for American news media.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

It has become the Sunday morning farce.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago
Sunday morning farce

meh, it's probably just a coincidence that 2 different rape fantasies of maga women are in the news this weekend...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 months ago

I'm sure our "feminists" will back you right up on that.

BTW where are our so-called "feminists?"

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 months ago

Typical leftist male mi​sogynistic response.

We have come to expect nothing less.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 months ago
BTW where are our so-called "feminists?"

Out supporting Hamas rather than supporting the teenage girls raped, tortured and killed by Hamas on October 7, and the girls and women taken hostage by Hamas who were also raped, tortured and paraded through the streets of Gaza nude. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.3    2 months ago

I'm afraid so.

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
Professor Guide
1.1.5  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.2    2 months ago

Liberal Male Misogynist?  Is that a good thing?

Professor Guide
1.2  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago

No FARCE, there, Vic!

The "FARCE" is "Dirty Diaper Donnie" pretending to be POTUS material, when, in fact, DJT is, as you should know by now, a POS.

Vic, I have always enjoyed your "wit", writing ability, and sentence structure. However, your devotion to T-Rump Bone Spur gives me "pause".
Nasue would be a better description of my view of your post.  Trump is an accused SERIAL RAPIST, SERIAL ADULTERER, SERIAL CON ARTIST, and, last butt, not least, a SERIAL LIAR!
At 82, a Vietnam Veteran, former failed comedian, creator of Actors & Artists, and John Roberts and Associates, with writing credits for RICHARD PRYOR, PAT PAULSEN, PAUL MOONEY, and Johnny Carson's favorite guest, a psychic who would predict the future, then the following night Johnnie, would do his version of a psychic, which I preferred,  "Carnac the Magnificent"!

I believe, that I have the "Right" to express my opinion about POLITICAL FRAUDSTERS, such as the "dangerous, insane, idiot", Donald J. Trump, who single-handled turned the GOP into a "Horror Show" of CRAZIES.
I am perplexed by your insistence to present TRUMP & his CARAVAN of POLITICAL FREAKS as statemen, worthy of holding public office.

What happened to you, my intellectual friend and gifted writer?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    2 months ago

Nancy Mace is evil.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 months ago

Believe it or not I knew you were going to say something like that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 months ago

She is your twin sister in a way Vic.  When he finally got her to say something of substance as to why she supports trump she talked about the border. 

So to her as a rape victim it doesn't matter that trump is held liable for sexual assault. That is, exactly, what she was saying.

It is amazing that people like Nancy Mace and you think this is going to lead us to a better country

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    2 months ago
That is, exactly, what she was saying.

She beat him up. He is a leftwing hack. Once she got to the fact that the Trump thing was a Civil case, everybody knew what that meant. As time runs out for the Trump trials, it will become all the more obvious that they were simply a new way of rigging an election.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 months ago

It's becoming clearer and clearer that you know nothing about any of trump's trials

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    2 months ago

After the election I'll do a recap of them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    2 months ago

Well you'll have nine months to finally study up

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    2 months ago

Neither do you apparently.

Prove to we skeptics that this greedy and lying bitch was actually assaulted by Trump in an unwitnessed situation that allegedly happened decades ago.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.7  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.6    2 months ago

Greg, there is no need to call Ms. Carroll foul names. . . because you have no proof of anything one way or the other-I am pretty sure. Donald Trump got himself into his messes.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.6    2 months ago

I wouldn't call you a skeptic.  lol

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.9  Ronin2  replied to  CB @2.1.7    2 months ago

Tell that to your fellow male leftist misogynists that are out in full force on this article.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.10  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.9    2 months ago

You tell 'them' and you can tell your fellow "rights" or whatever it is y'all prefer to go by as well! Behave.

Professor Guide
2.1.11  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 months ago

"Rigging an ELECTION".  Isn't that a Republican shitz?

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 months ago
Nancy Mace is evil.

Is that the colloquial evil or the legal evil (in the eyes of God)?

Professor Guide
2.2.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.2    2 months ago

It depends on which GOD one is referencing.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 months ago

[Deleted]

Professor Guide
2.3.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3    2 months ago

Dang Gone It!  The deleted posts are the most exciting ones.

Professor Guide
2.4  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 months ago

That sums it up precisely!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 months ago

There were so many things wrong with the seeded article I don't even know where to start.

Let's start with she said he said

that is not what happened

a witness testified at court that Ejean Carroll called her on the telephone the same day or the next day of the incident and told the witness what had happened with trump

that is sworn testimony in court and is called evidence. Evidence that corroborated E jean Carrolls story

-

George Stephanopoulos asked Nancy Mace a very simple question which she refused to answer, and immediately tried to turn into the ridiculous assertion that stephanopoulos was intentionally trying to shame her. What he was trying to do was to get her to answer the question. I think it was kind of silly that he kept asking her the question after the first five or six times when it became clear that she was not going to answer it, but other than that he did nothing wrong. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 months ago
a witness testified at court that Ejean Carroll called her on the telephone the same day or the next day of the incident and told the witness what had happened with trump that is sworn testimony in court and is called evidence. Evidence that corroborated E jean Carrolls story

The very next day! Yet both waited for an election to make the claims.

but other than that he did nothing wrong. 

He does the same skit every time he has a pro Trump Republican on. I wouldn't mind if he asked democrats pointed questions on Biden. Recently Biden said that he would not demean illegal migrants because "they built the country."  Why doesn't Stephanopoulos ask every democrat if they support Biden on that?

Professor Guide
3.1.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 months ago

Vic:

I am certain that you are aware that a COMPULSIVE LIAR, aka, Donald J. Trump, is more than likely, to surround himself with "Birds of the Insane Others", political "Wonks", like you and I....or me and you.

As a lifetime resident of "The Dick Cheney Nursing Home For WAYWARD 
REPUBLICANS, where "Water Boarding Is a Therapy, Not Torture", I have been exposed to this news MAGA-LUNATIC GOP (Government of Putin) and find it extremely confabulated.

Donald J. Trump, aka "Dirty Diaper Donnie" is the Greatest Threat to our country, since Jefferson Davis, but not as articulate.

It is time to wash our hands of this NUT! 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 months ago
a witness testified at court that Ejean Carroll called her on the telephone

That is not a witness. That is someone who repeated what they were told,at best. At worst, it was someone who went along with a story.

Professor Guide
3.2.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    2 months ago

An 81 million dollar fine is not "Chicken Feed", Vic. Nor is it the result of "Weaponizing the Justice Department". 

It is JUSTICE, finally brought down of America's Number One Criminal.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.2  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    2 months ago

Shame. Shame. Shame.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

It’s like giving Karl rove a show and calling it reporting.  He was literally the guy who got paid to lie for Clinton.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    2 months ago

In any objective sense Nancy Mace made a fool out of herself today, but our magas are too invested in their Donald Trump fantasies to come to reality

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 months ago

"I was asked to speak on 2024 today, NOT my own rape. I’ve carried this shame for 30 years, a shame George Stephanopoulos will never know. I don’t need George Stephanopoulos “mansplaining” rape to me or shaming me on national TV for being a survivor of rape."

Nancy Mace (@NancyMace) / X (twitter.com)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 months ago

she is evil

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    2 months ago

Keep up with the misogyny.

It is all you have.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    2 months ago

Lil Georgie repeatedly lied and claimed a jury found trump liable for rape. And somehow you attack Nancy mace.  Crazy times.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.4    2 months ago
Lil Georgie repeatedly lied and claimed a jury found trump liable for rape.
==============================
A judge has now clarified that this is basically a legal distinction without a real-world difference. He says that what the jury found Trump did was in fact rape, as commonly understood.

The   filing from Judge Lewis A. Kaplan   came as Trump’s attorneys have sought a new trial and have argued that the jury’s $5 million verdict against Trump in the civil suit was excessive. The reason, they argue, is that sexual abuse could be as limited as the “groping” of a victim’s breasts.

Kaplan roundly   rejected Trump’s motion   Tuesday, calling that argument “entirely unpersuasive.”

The judge concluded that Trump grabbing EJean Carroll by the pussy constituted rape. Take your crying up with him. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    2 months ago

The jury specifically found he did not rape her.  There’s no gray area.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.6    2 months ago

Is there any justification for stephanopoulos saying that trump raped her?

Yes there is,  because the judge said he did.

If you think that this means that stephanopoulos was lying , knock yourself out

Professor Guide
4.1.8  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 months ago

Isn't that LOVE-ER-LY?

Professor Guide
4.1.9  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.4    2 months ago

Defending Donald J. Trump must be exhausting.

Professor Guide
4.1.10  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.3    2 months ago

"Misogyny" is that a new board game like "Monopoly"?

Professor Guide
4.1.11  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 months ago

I agree, and neither do the other 23 rape victims of Donald J. Trump. They do not need to be publically embarrassed by the press.

Trump does, and he needs a rest or arrest, depending on which side you are on.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.4    2 months ago

When he worked for the Clintons he smeared the Clinton accusers

Professor Guide
4.2  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    2 months ago

Karl Rove lied for Clinton, and "W"? 

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    2 months ago
As to his claim that Trump was found liable Mace pointed out that the finding was in a Civil case not a Criminal one. The bar is so low that one gets to take the word of she said over he said.

What an ignorant counterpoint. One might get the impression from MACE that Trump could not be guilty because of a court's format. Well, Trump could have been found not liable just as well—he was not!

Also, Ms. Mace should realize that, at least, from the 'blurb' up to, she is just giving us her word that she was raped too.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @5    2 months ago
One might get the impression from MACE that Trump could not be guilty because of a court's format.

That is quite a leap.

What she was saying was that a Civil case has a much lower bar than a Criminal case. You do recall that O J Simpson wasn't convicted in a Criminal trial in LA. He ultimately was convicted in a Civil trial.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 months ago

I get the "lower bar" standard, as much as I get that it is a legal format used by a legal proceeding. Therefore, Mace is making a moot point. That is, the proceeding has occurred and done so established law. So, she like Trump needs to deal with it. The problem for Donald is simple. . . he squandered his credibility by being a bold, in yo' face liar, and the juror simply did not believe the admitted crouch-grabber. Especially after the admission of the infamous bus video into the civil case. 

Ms. Mace should realize that, at least, from the 'blurb' up top, she is just giving us her word that she was raped too. It may benefit Ms. Mace to ask the state she was in when her alleged rape occurred to open up a civil and/or criminal window of opportunity for prosecution or lawsuit accordingly.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2  Ronin2  replied to  CB @5    2 months ago

What is it with male leftists on this site? 

Treat Republican women with the same damn respect you want Democrat women treated or STFU!

Ms. Mace isn't suing anyone 30 years after the fact in a civil suit like some leftist hack backed by powerful Democrat donors in a New York kangaroo court where the outcome was predetermined.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @5.2    2 months ago

Funny Nancy Mace never mentioned the 30 years between when the incident happened with trump and when Caroll reported it.  It could be because she waited 20 or 25 years or so report her own rape.

You guys never tire of being wrong,  it's quite impressive

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.2  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @5.2    2 months ago

That is a hilarious question for you to ask...

original

CB
Professor Principal
5.2.3  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @5.2    2 months ago

Well, since you went there (I will respond this once to a MAGAs' question briefly).  . . I think "STFU" is against house rules. . . .  If not, I still have an issue with you. . . as often as I would like to or can find "STFU" as suitable for what I should write to someone here. . . I don't; and, you will not do so to me either. This one (above) is on the 'house.' 

While it is acceptable to dislike, criticize, or both the decision/opinion of our courts, Ms. Mace goes too far when discounting and devaluing the quality of our courts, using rhetoric and producing no evidence for her position . That is, Donald Trump's 'word' is inferior and his reputation is 'toxic.'  And, so the court did not believe him—Ms. Mace does believe Trump. She has to ask herself why. 

As to what anybody else is saying about republic women that is undeserved and offensive, I read it. . . but, I don't engage in it. So, you, like I, will have to see your way to addressing your concern to those individuals—not me.

Your last sentence is disinformation brought on because of extreme partisanship; Otherwise, ignored. 

Professor Guide
5.2.4  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Ronin2 @5.2    2 months ago

Roinin2, where are the facts you reference?

Adulation of an indicted rapist, CAREER CRIMINAL, COMPULSIVE LIAR,  ADULTERER, INCOMPENT PUBLIC OFFICIAL, and the Greatest Danger to our country since Jefferson Davis, is not productive to you or anyone.

TRUMP is a MONSTER. He was not appointed by GOD.  GOD is not a Registered Voter!

"Wake Up, 'Mur-ree-KKK-a, and smell the "Horse Patoota". It smells exactly like 
"Dirty Diaper Donnie"!

Coincidence?  I think not.

Professor Guide
5.2.5  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.1    2 months ago

"GIVE THEM HELL", JOHN RUSSELL!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6  Sparty On    2 months ago

Resist operative …..

Professor Guide
6.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sparty On @6    2 months ago

Resist Operative is a code for:  "MAGA LOONS are the stupidest folks in the cosmos, according to my "sauces".

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 months ago

It's pretty pathetic how many on the left are demeaning a rape victim.  I guess "believe all women" is subjective.

Professor Guide
7.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7    2 months ago

Yes, it is almost as bad as "Dirty Diaper Donnie" demeaning the 23 women who came forward with allegations of DJT raping them.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @7.1    2 months ago

And what does that have to do with my comment?  If you are going to blather on in idiocy, at least try to keep up.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7    2 months ago
It's pretty pathetic how many on the left

They are going to be fairly quiet today.

CB
Professor Principal
7.2.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2    2 months ago
[Mace] said that as a rape victim who finally found the courage to tell people you are now shaming me for my pollical choices. The second time he asked she explained: "I find it offensive that as a rape victim you're trying to shame me for my political choices and I've said again, repeatedly, E. Jean Carroll has made a mockery out of rape by joking about it. Stephanopoulos countered with " you keep saying that " but of course it was Stephanopoulos who kept repeating the same question.

Let's play a video I could locate on it. . . sorry, but there is commentary on the video but it is all I can find:

Republican goes down IN FLAMES in INSANE interview on national TV

Mace came "prepared" to do just what she did: Try and make 'news.'  The question about Trump, found guilty of sexual assault by a jury and commented on as a rapist by a judge,  gaining Mace support leads to the question she was asked and did not/would not answer.

Ms. Mace you are full of bull. You know it. And the public knows it. 

Oh, and talking 'fast' and talking over people who ask you about the "connection" between you and Trump, the sexual assaultist, makes you look like a damn fool!

CB
Professor Principal
7.2.2  CB  replied to  CB @7.2.1    2 months ago

And let's deal with Ms. Mace's ridiculous remark about E. Jean Carroll's "joking" about how she will spend the money from the case. Ms. Mace says it offends her that a sexually assaulted woman would joke about it; but then she supports and associates herself with Trump (rather than stay away from him for fear he just might do the same to her). As to Ms. Carroll's joking around if that is what it was/is: Likely had to do with a larger point that she won a DEFAMATION suit TWICE (and may need a third case too) against an ASS of a human being who won't stop defaming her.

Ms. Mace, you squandered your 'case' with this interview. Your stance is indefensible.

Professor Guide
8  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    2 months ago

Donald Trump is not a VICTIM.  He is the one doing the victimization.

Professor Guide
9  Eat The Press Do Not Read It    2 months ago

And, of course, Donnie is victimless. He is a victim of a "WEAPONIZED" Attorney General's Office, established to tear down the STATUE OF LIBERTY and shove it up  "Dirty Diaper Donnie's" gigantic ARSE.

(OUCH!)

NOTE:

The above information was scrutinized by the lovely folks at "The Less Than Prestigious" BIRD DROPPING INSTITUTE, a Think/Stink Tank for Morons, No Idiots, please, located in Mildew, OH-HIGH-HO's, where there are NO JOBS, not even blow jobs.

CB
Professor Principal
10  CB    2 months ago

Taylor Swift does what Republicans have been dreading

You have got to see this video and its analysis. Who is this man that is doing the talking. He is very interesting and new to me. May be my new 'fav.'

CB
Professor Principal
10.1  CB  replied to  CB @10    2 months ago

Oops! I dropped this comment 10 in the wrong article. Sorry! It was intended for another one by Eat The Press. . . .