╌>

Hur to testify this morning

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  27 comments

Hur to testify this morning
"We received a small production from DOJ, but not the transcripts or audio that we need and requested," a House Judiciary spokesman told Fox News on Friday. "Our staff has all necessary clearances to review the contents of the President’s interview, which dealt with materials found in unsecured areas like garages, closets and commercial office space. We are evaluating next steps."

Link to quote: Special Counsel Robert Hur to testify publicly on findings from Biden classified records probe | Fox News

Special Counsel Robert Hur will testify this morning in front of a congressional committee concerning his investigation and report on Joe Biden's handling of classified information. It is likely to be the ultimate hot seat as Republicans are after him for not charging Biden and democrats are after him for his characterization of their proxy leader. The documents that Biden had taken and held for many years include classified material about military and foreign policy in Afghanistan and other countries, among other records related to national security and foreign policy, which Hur said implicated "sensitive intelligence sources and methods."

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan, R-Ohio; House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer, R-Ky.; and House Ways & Means Committee Chairman Jason Smith, R-Mo., have demanded the Justice Department turn over the transcript, but the DOJ has been slow walking the process, turning over small excerpts one bit at a time. The Committee has issued a subpoena compelling their production by March 7. The DOJ is expected to turn over the full transcript just hours before the hearing this morning. In that way, Republican aides will have little time to prepare questions & follow up.

Hur's prepared remarks are already available to news outlets. In those prepared remarks, Hur said: "What I wrote is what I believe the evidence shows, and what I expect jurors would perceive and believe. I did not sanitize my explanation. Nor did I disparage the President unfairly."

“There has been a lot of attention paid to language in the report about the President’s memory, so let me say a few words about that. My task was to determine whether the President retained or disclosed national defense information ‘willfully’—meaning, knowingly and with the intent to do something the law forbids. I could not make that determination without assessing the President’s state of mind,” Hur’s opening statement reads.

Robert Hur to Defend Report Calling Out Biden's Memory Problems in Congressional Testimony | National Review

The hearing begins at 10 AM.

In other news:

Israeli forces attacked an underground space used by a senior Hamas commander, the military said. 

Biden warned Israel against an invasion of Rafah, southern Gaza. Netanyahu vows to cross Biden's red line.

Russia is disrupting Ukraine's airwaves making it difficult for Ukraine to fly drones.

Chinese exports are surging. Some countries are responding as President Trump did - with tariffs.

The FBI issued a warning as to who could now be in our country.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Good morning

IMG_9988.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
Victor, left, and Octavio Carvalho are the owners of the original Dunkin' location in Quincy, Massachusetts. Their parents, immigrants from Portugal, took over the location in 1979 from the Rosenberg familiy that founded this first Dunkin' Donuts here in 1950. (Courtesy Carvalho family)

Nancy Mace is demanding that ABC reprimand Stephanopoulos for his shaming of a rape victim.

Today I had Jack Smith reply to me on X :

Another Gary on X: "@7Veritas4 @VicEldred “It’S aLL RuN bY ThE dEeP sTaTe!!!” https://t.co/zLEdwiVFye" / X (twitter.com)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    2 months ago

Good Evening,

There was a Dunkin' Donuts in Zhengzhou where I first lived in China, which I enjoyed and was even able to get from it frozen bagels to take home, but there are no donut shops anywhere near where I am now.  I sure would be happy if a Tim Hortons were to open here, but if not, I'd settle for a Krispy Kreme.

The very first Tim Hortons was in Hamilton, Ontario, my city of birth and youth. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    2 months ago

I don't know what it is, but there is something special about DD coffee.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 months ago

There is a Starbucks in the mall adjoining the building we live in, but I won't step foot in a place where I have to pay 5 bucks for a cup of coffee when I brew my own and it's good enough.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.1    2 months ago

I agree. They are expensive and their coffee is for people who like it strong & bitter.

I'm strictly a DD man.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

ABC confirmed that Biden was the one who brought up the death of his son , not Hur during his deposition (remember Biden's performative anger at Hur for mentioning his son?)

Also, he makes car noises during depositions.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 months ago

the republicans are attacking their own witness

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago

He will get it from both sides.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Jamie Raskin just delivered a Biden campaign speech

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Rep McClintock
:   
“President Trump had full discretion over handling classified material and full discretion in deciding which records to retain. As a senator or VP, Joe Biden didn’t have that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 months ago
 “President Trump had full discretion over handling classified material and full discretion in deciding which records to retain.

That is not the law

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    2 months ago

Nor is immunity via being a forgetful old man

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.1    2 months ago

Eric swalwell just put a whipping on Donald Trump.  That was classic

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.2    2 months ago

The guy who slept with a Russian spy?

How can he ever question anyone else's integrity?

The only whipping Swalwell does is in the bathroom.

George
Junior Expert
6.1.4  George  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.2    2 months ago

Only a retarded fool like Swalwell thinks trump is an appropriate topic on a hearing about Hurs report, it is a tactic we see here often, when we point out the incompetence of Biden the immediate reaction is but trump!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @6.1.4    2 months ago

It's a double threat today: Swalwell and his flatulence and Nader and his soiled pants.

I'll bet Comer is glad to be seated on the other side of the room.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Rep James Comer: "Only this morning—hours before today’s hearing—the DOJ finally provided the transcript of President Biden’s interview with Special Counsel Hur. The timing is not coincidental."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

The habitual liar Adam Schiff is now attacking the integrity of Hur.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

The partisan hacks are now calling Hur a partisan hack.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Obama Judge Amit Mehta has ordered former Trump aide Peter Navarro (74) to prison March 19.

His crime: Not testifying before the J6 committee, citing executive privilege.

GIauv40XEAA5i5g?format=jpg&name=360x360
Home / X (twitter.com)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  JohnRussell    2 months ago

The hearing is over.  it was basically a yawner.

The best part of it was when Eric Swalwell played a video of trump fumbling his words and messing up his verbiage time after time after time. Very entertaining

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

In Conclusion:

Robert Hur was poised and was able to take on all comers. Neither side of the aisle was happy when it was over. We learned that Joe Biden has since lied about the investigation, especially the part where he claimed that his dead son was brought into it by Robert Hur. It was Biden who, as usual, brought his dead son into it.

When the smoke cleared the American people were left with the contrast between the way Hillary Clinton & Joe Biden were not charged and Donald Trump was.

The feeling has been reflected in recent polling:

A majority of Americans and nearly a third of Democrats believe that President  Joe Biden  benefitted from “special treatment” during the investigation into his improper retention of classified documents.

According to a new poll  from Reuters/Ipsos released on Tuesday, 53% of respondents and 29% of Democrats agreed with the idea that “Biden received special treatment because he is the U.S. president.”

The same survey found that 78% of Americans and a whopping 71% of Democrats believe Biden is too old to continue to work out of the Oval Office.

Those figures track with an ABC News/Ipsos roll released over the weekend that found that 86% of Americans and 73% of Democrats believe Biden is too old to serve another term.

POLL: Most Americans and Almost 1/3 of Democrats Think Biden Got ‘Special Treatment’ in Classified Docs Case (msn.com)

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
12.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    2 months ago
Neither side of the aisle was happy when it was over.

Not sure what Republicans have to be unhappy about. A number of Democrats embarrassed themselves and the transcript of the deposition shows Biden fulfilling every expectation his critics have. He's a braggart who lies when he's unable to remember things. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @12.1    2 months ago

Only to the point that Hur wouldn't charge Biden.

They had everything else:

Hur confirmed that Biden had documents marked classified from when he was a senator. Some of those documents reportedly came from a secure SCIF, which would likely require Biden himself to remove them.

Hur also contradicted the claims of Democratic members that Biden and the White House did not try to change his report or remove material.

Hur confirmed that the White House made multiple such objections to Attorney General Garland and did send such a letter seeking changes.

And most importantly, Hur confirmed that President Biden "willfully retained" classified information.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    2 months ago

You mean gomer comer?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13  Drinker of the Wry    2 months ago

We have a history of very sloppy enforcement of security classification material handling at senior levels of both Parties while the little action officers get prosecuted.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
14  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

Now we know from the transcripts that Biden was being  a total scumbag when he accused Hur of bringing up beaus death and self righteously attacked him for it.  Reason 1,000,000 why Biden is an asshole.