╌>

More bad news from the Bronx

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  37 comments

More bad news from the Bronx
"I was assaulted," Mora said. "I felt disappointed. I think higher officials need to be held accountable because we're citizens. We're part of the society, we give back to the society. We would want to have a little bit more protection."

A Bronx nurse who was allegedly assaulted by an illegal migrant with a long history of assaults has had enough. Chelsea Mora is the nurse who was assaulted by the migrant who illegally entered the US over a decade ago. She was simply trying to attend to him at the Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx. Now Ms Mora is telling the nation:

“We wake up every morning or night, we work 12 hours to 16-hour shifts to help people help the most vulnerable in our society, help our sick patients in underserved communities, and we get abused,” Mora told Fox News. 

She said the abuse is often blamed on mental health disorders and are often ignored.

“These people need to be institutionalized if, in fact, they are mentally disabled, not back on the streets,” the nurse said.

Nurse assaulted by madman with history of attacks on medical staff blames NYC’s ‘soft-on-crime laws’ (yahoo.com)

I say AMEN!

295243f932a17a9925b9b57727506b85

Edward Johnson, 57, has 23 arrests on his record and another 42 sealed arrests since he entered the US illegally.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Here's another for our fact deniers to spin.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago

an illegal immigrant! ...and he's black too? bonus!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 months ago

Checks a lot of progressive liberal blocks for you, I see.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.2  CB  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 months ago

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

George
Junior Expert
1.1.3  George  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    2 months ago

I didn't notice his skin color either, i guess we aren't as fixated on it as others.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 months ago
an illegal immigrant

You should have referred to him as undocumented. Never insult his "humanity."

.and he's black too?

BTW, so was the victim.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 months ago

Democrats/leftists do love their criminals.

The more the merrier it seems.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.6  CB  replied to  George @1.1.3    2 months ago

C'mon George, the image is basic black and brown with a sprinkling of 'white'. . . thus, he is a very 'colored' man. You can't ignore the color in the image, as it is so pronounced. Get real.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.6    2 months ago

Look, we get how important race always is to some liberals, hence why they focus on it as if that is some excuse for criminal behavior from a favored section of society.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @1.1.6    2 months ago
You can't ignore the color in the image,

Actually you can.  That is irrelevant to everybody except racists.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.8    2 months ago
That is irrelevant to everybody except racists.

Do you find it interesting and rather odd that some want to focus on race rather than the illegal alien being here illegally or him being charged with serious crimes?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.10  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.8    2 months ago

I could care less what the MAGA cultists think I am. I expect MAGAs to think negatively of liberals at every opportunity so no surprise there. As for me, I can get along with MAGAs-in every instance and 'turn' where they come together to discuss facts and not 'flights of their fancy, ' projection, and trying to force themselves into politically tight and moist places belonging to others.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.9    2 months ago

It's a distraction by the simple minded.  Plain and simple.  

What usually accompanies a clown like that being called out is their rant afterward as they pathetically try to justify themselves.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 months ago
an illegal migrant with a long history of assaults

Tell me again how they are all "asylum seekers".

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 months ago

The latest from the left requires us to call them "newcomers."

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 months ago

No one can 'demand' anything of "us," Vic. Let's keep it real.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.1    2 months ago
No one can 'demand' anything of "us," Vic. Let's keep it real.

I will remind you of this very thing next time you start railing on about some conservatives holding power over you.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 months ago

the left can pound sand.

CB
Professor Principal
3  CB    2 months ago

Another desperate 'case' from conservatives trying to drive home a point that can not connect for obvious reasons:

1. This "illegal" has been here ten years. Not a 'newbie' by any stretch of the imagination.

2. It would appear he has mental health issues according to the nurse doing the talking; you know, like this nation's mass murders, conservatives who love their guns, should be clamoring to get him the mental health care he needs. 

“These people need to be institutionalized if, in fact, they are mentally disabled, not back on the streets,” the nurse said.

Instead, on the internet, making him political cannon fodder.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @3    2 months ago

Why is he always released?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 months ago
Why is he always released?

I am willing to bet that some liberals' "sanctuary" policies are at least partly responsible as to why this asshole is STILL here, creating havoc and being eternally protected by some liberals.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    2 months ago

That's kind of what the battered nurse thinks too.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3    2 months ago
This "illegal" has been here ten years. Not a 'newbie' by any stretch of the imagination.

A failure of the system to deport the asshole.

10 years is way long enough to get legal.

It would appear he has mental health issues according to the nurse doing the talking; you know, like this nation's mass murders, conservatives who love their guns, should be clamoring to get him the mental health care he needs.

You seem to have imagined conservatives having great powers despite being the minority. Weird.

How's about DEPORTING the ILLEGAL ALIEN?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.3  Ronin2  replied to  CB @3    2 months ago

Here is a connect for you. He shouldn't have been here at all. Period, end of story.

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.1  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @3.3    2 months ago

Well, MAGAs you have 'one' job to do and that is to keep illegals out of the country (if and when you can stop holding political hearings in congress and get some legislating done on the matter of immigration). :)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @3.3.1    2 months ago

It is on Biden to enforce the laws already passed by Congress.

When do you predict that will happen?

George
Junior Expert
3.3.3  George  replied to  CB @3.3.1    2 months ago

Intelligent people who aren't partisan hacks know that republicans passed a immigration bill, when are the worthless piece of crap democrats in congress who blame everyone for their failure to govern going to pass it. or are they counting on uninformed people going to continue to blame the minority party for democrats failures?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  George @3.3.3    2 months ago

Some progressive liberals whine that the poor little Democrats are simply powerless to stop anything the mean old GOP doe while the GOP is in the majority, and then turn right around and whine that the very same mean old GOP is blocking all the good works Democrats wish to accomplish while the Democrats are in the majority.

Sounds like progressive liberal Democrats can't govern while in the majority OR the minority. Why would anyone in their right mind continue to vote for such abysmal failure?

CB
Professor Principal
3.3.5  CB  replied to  George @3.3.3    2 months ago

It is not the liberals and democrats job (duties and responsibilities) to appease some conservatives/MAGAs. Compromise, or 'go home.'

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @3    2 months ago
This "illegal" has been here ten years. Not a 'newbie' by any stretch of the imagination.

Illegal nonetheless.  But keep making excuses.

It would appear he has mental health issues

Oh, you did.  Excuse #4 on the list.  Can't forget to blame mental illness for criminal behavior.

CB
Professor Principal
3.4.1  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.4    2 months ago

I don't know what you are 'beefing' at me about because he is here. He is not here for my benefit or that of anyone I know.  I suggest tell congress or any president you can get to listen to you. . . or, maybe just maybe. . . a judge will help MAGAs out on account of him. - Not me!

2. It would appear he has mental health issues according to the nurse doing the talking; you know, like this nation's mass murders, conservatives who love their guns, should be clamoring to get him the mental health care he needs. 

“These people need to be institutionalized if, in fact, they are mentally disabled, not back on the streets,” the nurse said.

Instead of, on the internet, making him political cannon fodder.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.4.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @3.4.1    2 months ago
I don't know what you are 'beefing' at me about because he is here.

Then why respond to me?  You always have the option to just move along.

George
Junior Expert
4  George    2 months ago

From the Yahoo article: 

Following his alleged attack on Mora, Johnson — who has another 42 sealed arrests in the US — was arrested and charged with assault but was freed on supervised release two days later. He then failed to comply with the conditions of the supervised release and is on the lam, authorities said.

Thank God we have Dick Durban protecting this piece of shit from being detained until he can get deported. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  George @4    2 months ago
Thank God we have Dick Durban protecting this piece of shit from being detained until he can get deported. 

Dick Durban'--progressive hero and illegal alien savior!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

Every murder, every rape that an illegal with a criminal record commits is blood on the hands of those supporters of sanctuary cities who oppose deporting criminal illegals 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    2 months ago
A warrant for his arrest was issued last month and the case is currently being presented to a grand jury to secure an indictment against him.

Warrants are BS everywhere. You’d think that when a warrant issues, some cop would head out to the last known location of the suspect and pick him up. But pretty much no one does that anywhere. Cops just wait until they stumble upon the wanted man - in a traffic stop, a Terry stop, or they end up in jail for some other reason. Then they check the computer, and when the warrant comes up, the guy is processed for it. This isn’t unique to NY. It’s like this everywhere.

“These people need to be institutionalized if, in fact, they are mentally disabled, not back on the streets,”

Totally true. But in the quest to protect the rights of mentally ill criminals - and probably save some money - we have swung the pendulum far to the other side. I would say the vast majority of people in the criminal justice system are suffering from some kind of mental illness, but our society decided a long time ago that it didn’t want to force people in mental hospitals. So, you get what we have.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    2 months ago

I just can't understand why an illegal migrant with a record like that wasn't booted out of the country years ago.