╌>

Hunter Biden changes his tune

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  98 comments

Hunter Biden changes his tune
"One week from today – on Wednesday, March 20 – I will testify publicly before the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability," Bobulinski responded in a statement to Fox News Digital. "I was disappointed to see the news today that Hunter is running away from his chance to tell the American people the truth. He’s been adamant in wanting to go before the American people, and Oversight is now giving him that opportunity."

Link to quote: Hunter Biden's ex-business partner slams him for 'running away' from House hearing | Fox News

Hunter Biden who once demanded a public hearing to defend himself has now declined an invitation from Chairman James Comer, R-Ky., to attend the House Oversight Committee hearing on March 20, when committee members of both parties will get a chance to ask about alleged influence peddling and the Biden family's business dealings, his lawyer said in a letter yesterday. What changed his mind?  Obviously, he has been deposed and is now at risk of perjuring himself.

Joe Biden's defenders, the DOJ, would have us believe that the only evidence provided against Hunter (and Joe) came via a single source which the FBI now claims has been talking with "Russians." The truth is that the House Oversite Committee has produced lots of evidence from multiple sources. One of those sources is Hunter's former business partner Tony Bobulinski. Bobulinki has already testified under oath in a closed hearing on the Biden family business dealings.

For the record:

"Despite Biden’s recent denials  of involvement with his son’s business dealings, text messages dating back to May 2017 reveal that Biden met with Bobulinski months after he left the vice president's office. Fox News Digital first reported on the text messages and that meeting in October 2020.

"Mrng plse let me knw if we will do early dinner w your Uncle & dad and where, also for document translation do you want it simple Chinese or traditional?" Bobulinski texted Hunter Biden on May 2, 2017.

"Not sure on dinner yet and whatever is the most common for a Chinese legal DOC," Hunter Biden replied.

"Chinese legal docs can be both, i’ll make it traditional," Bobulinski said.

Hunter replied: "Dad not in now until 11- let’s me I and Jim meet at 10 at Beverly Hilton where he’s staying."

Later, Bobulinski sent a text to Jim Biden, Joe Biden's brother, on the same day, May 2, 2017, saying: "Great to meet u and spend some time together, please thank Joe for his time, was great to talk thx Tony b."

The following day, May 3, 2017, Bobulinski sent another text to Jim Biden, saying: "Morning, please let me know all set for things this mrng. I don't have credentials to get into Milken so just want to make sure not an issue to get me in, where should we meet this mrng?" 

"Milken" was in reference to the 2017 Global Conference, which, in part, was held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, according to the  program  directory. 

Joe Biden, on May 3, 2017, spoke at the  conference,  hosting "A Conversation with the 47th Vice President of the United States Joe Biden." 

The meeting on May 2, 2017, would have taken place just 11 days before the now-infamous May 13, 2017, email, which included a discussion of "remuneration packages" for six people in a business deal with a  Chinese  energy firm. The email appeared to identify Biden as "Chair / Vice Chair depending on agreement with CEFC," in a reference to now-bankrupt CEFC China Energy Co.

The email includes a note that "Hunter has some office expectations he will elaborate." A proposed equity split references "20" for "H" and "10 held by H for the big guy?" with no further details.

Bobulinski has repeatedly said "the big guy" was Joe Biden. IRS whistleblowers Gary Shapley and Joseph Ziegler, who claimed that politics had influenced the yearslong federal investigation into Hunter Biden, also said "the big guy" was known to be Joe Biden."

Tony Bobulinski to testify behind closed doors part of Biden impeachment inquiry | Fox News

Bobulinski is now challenging Hunter Biden:

"If by chance March 20th really doesn't work due to your multiple criminal indictments, please name the date and time and I will be happy to join you at a second hearing for the American people," he wrote. 

Hunter Biden's ex-business partner slams him for 'running away' from House hearing | Fox News

The Committee has also invited Devon Archer and Jason Galanis to testify at the 10 a.m. hearing on March 20.

In other news:

The House passed a bipartisan bill that would force TikTok’s Chinese owner to sell the app of face a US ban. The bill now goes to the Senate where Chuck Schumer may not even bring it to the floor.

A Georgia judge threw out six of the counts against Donald Trump because they were so vague Trump's lawyers couldn't prepare a defense. Those 6 counts happen to be the most important in the Willis case.

The Israeli military said it had bombed a Hamas warehouse in Rafah and killed a Hamas commander; the United Nations quickly added that the strike had also killed at least one aid worker.

The military also said it IDF said it had killed a senior Hamas operative in an airstrike in Lebanon.

A judge in Ft Pierce Florida is about to rule on an issue in the Trump documents case. Trump is looking to dismiss the entire case. The hearing with Trump in attendance is expected to continue throughout the day. Trump supporters are already at the scene. (Trump is expected to lose this one.)

A decision on Fani Willis is expected either today or tomorrow.

A US Marine anti-Terror group has been sent to Haiti to protect the US Embassy which remains opened.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Good morning

GId8QLOXsAASXsV?format=jpg&name=small

Question of the day: If Fani Willis is removed, her case will likely leave Fulton County. Will GA counties with less resources take up her case, which is starting to look like a very thin case?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago
The House passed a bipartisan bill that would force TikTok’s Chinese owner to sell the app of face a US ban. The bill now goes to the Senate where Chuck Schumer may not even bring it to the floor.

He may, he might not. Why make a law ( I believe the Senate Bill has the support of 75% of the Senators but it only takes one Senator to derail )

He may wait for Steve Minuchin to buy Tik Tok.

A Georgia judge threw out six of the counts against Donald Trump because they were so vague Trump's lawyers couldn't prepare a defense. 

He dismissed them with advice to Willis to either appeal, issue3 new subpoenas, or use a third mechanism to add the clarifications that the judge asked for.

Those 6 counts happen to be the most important in the Willis case.

Nonsense. Three were against Trump, the others against three codefendants and the judge instructed Willis' office in how to correct them.  Trump still faces 38 counts and the evidence is still part o the RICO charges.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @1.1    2 months ago

Some folks act as though that because certain charges were thrown out, that the rest of the case is null and void.

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    2 months ago

Joe and Jill Biden's taxes are public going back for decades...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2    2 months ago

Comer has the bank records and all the holding company records.

Hunter said he would face his accusers. Where is he?

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 months ago

Comer is a laughingstock...

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1.2  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 months ago
Comer has the bank records and all the holding company records.

If Comer had something the whole House would move to impeachment. When Comer shows up his bank records and all his holding company records I'll sit up and take notice. 

Hunter said he would face his accusers. Where is he?

I really, really, don't give 2 shits about the guy, but didn't he already do this in a closed door session? Why do it twice? Don't bother to answer... I don't care if he does or doesn't. I don't care if he goes free or gets years in prison. This circus is just bullshit and tiring and doesn't seem to be doing anyone, including the House Republicans, any good.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    2 months ago

Biden is a poor mans Comer.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @2.1.2    2 months ago
If Comer had something the whole House would move to impeachment.

FALSE.

When Comer shows up his bank records and all his holding company records I'll sit up and take notice. 

Comer subpoenaed 14 years of bank records in Hunter Biden probe: Raskin (nypost.com)

Comer Releases Direct Monthly Payments to Joe Biden from Hunter Biden’s Business Entity - United States House Committee on Oversight and Accountability

I really, really, don't give 2 shits about the guy, but didn't he already do this in a closed door session? 

The deposition , where you get people to testify under oath.

Why do it twice? 

The open session which, Hunter once demanded, is where you compare the evidence & counter testimony to what Hunter said in his deposition. It is fairly standard. Your Jan 6th Committee operated that way.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
2.1.5  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    2 months ago
Your Jan 6th Committee operated that way.

is that the one you are afraid to read ?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.4    2 months ago
The deposition , where you get people to testify under oath.

That reminds me of Mr. Hur saying Biden has a photographic memory but would be too sympathetic to prosecute?

( Biden wouldn't stop talking for 5 hours )

Meanwhile Mr. Trump said "I can't remember" innumerable times in his recent depositions, could not remember 

how long each of his marriages lasted or how long he has been married to Melania ( not a big anniversary guy I guess ).

In his fraud depositions Trump took the Fifth over 400 times....

but Hunter...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @2    2 months ago
Joe and Jill Biden's taxes

Are not mentioned.  Makes me wonder why you are deflecting from their crackhead kid.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.1  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2    2 months ago

No, deflecting would be changing the subject to Don Jr, Eric and Ivanka doing way worse than Hunter, except on an exponentially greater scale, while holding official jobs both in Donald Trump's businesses and in Trump's own White House...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @2.2.1    2 months ago
deflecting would be changing the subject to Don Jr, Eric and Ivanka

Or to Traitor Joe and his Assisted Living nurse.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @2    2 months ago

Because ever criminal that launders money through LLC's that do nothing is stupid enough to list the income from it on their tax returns.

Also, if Brandon's family members received payment for access to Brandon he (and they) are just as guilty.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.3.1  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3    2 months ago

What laws are you claiming, without proof, that Joe Biden broke?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @2.3.1    2 months ago

Wait until the investigation is done and the report released. You know damn well that Biden and his extended family are corrupt and dirty and don't want to handle the truth.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2.3.2    2 months ago

lol - such projection

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.3.4  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.3    2 months ago

Wow, projection projection ….. outstanding!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.3.5  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @2.3.2    2 months ago

All of the "evidence" above occurred after Biden was no longer VP

and not yet a candidate.  He was a professor at U of Pennsylvania.

So please explain how that is "dirty and corrupt" please.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.3.6  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @2.3.5    2 months ago
He was a professor at U of Pennsylvania.

Honorary only.

According to the  tax forms  he has released, Biden received more than $900,000 from the university for holding the position between 2017 and 2019. His post "involved no regular classes and around a dozen public appearances on campus, mostly in big, ticketed events," the Philadelphia Inquirer  reported

Specifically, the Inquirer reported, Biden’s appearances included "three Q-and-As with Penn president Amy Gutmann, panel discussions on immigration and cancer, a talk about his book, a lecture to a Wharton class, and public conversations with former Mexico President Felipe Calderon and former United Kingdom Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg,  according to a tally  by the student newspaper, the Daily Pennsylvanian."

As part of the post, Biden  also established  the  Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement  in Washington for the university. Biden’s professorship included  affiliations  with the Annenberg School for Communication, Penn’s School of Arts and Sciences, and the Wharton School.

Like everything else about Brandon it is a lie.

As for evidence- you are omitting one very key role he played while Vice President. So no soup for you!

But Ukrainian officials tell me there was one crucial piece of information that Biden must have known but didn’t mention to his audience: The prosecutor he got fired was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into the natural gas firm   Burisma Holdings   that employed Biden’s younger son, Hunter, as a board member.

U.S. banking records show Hunter Biden’s American-based firm, Rosemont Seneca Partners LLC, received regular transfers into one of its accounts — usually more than $166,000 a month — from Burisma from spring 2014 through fall 2015, during a period when Vice President Biden was the main U.S. official dealing with Ukraine and its tense relations with Russia.

The general prosecutor’s official file for the Burisma probe — shared with me by senior Ukrainian officials — shows prosecutors identified Hunter Biden, business partner Devon Archer and their firm, Rosemont Seneca, as potential recipients of money.

Shokin told me in written answers to questions that, before he was fired as general prosecutor, he had made “specific plans” for the investigation that “included interrogations and other crime-investigation procedures into all members of the executive board, including Hunter Biden.”

He added: “I would like to emphasize the fact that presumption of innocence is a principle in Ukraine” and that he couldn’t describe the evidence further.

Want another?

The money trail begins in July 2017 when Hunter Biden demanded payment from his Chinese Communist Party (CCP) linked associate. On July 30, 2017, Hunter Biden sent a message to Raymond Zhao—a CEFC associate—demanding a $10 million dollar capital payment and claimed his father, Joe Biden, was sitting in the room. CEFC is a Chinese energy company linked to the CCP. The Bidens  began working with CEFC  when Joe Biden was Vice President.

Do some research. The evidence is there. No matter how hard Garland, Wray, and the Brandon administration are fighting it's release.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.3.7  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3.6    one month ago
Like everything else about Brandon it is a lie.

He was a private citizen acting like all Presidents and VPs before him, collecting honorariums.

Want another?

Not really, it's no secret that the previous Ukranian government was corrupt.  What do corrupt people do? They accuse everyone else of being corrupt.

The money trail begins in July 2017

Again, Biden was a private citizen.

Do some research.

You would benefit by doing less "research" and avoid the conspiracy sites.  If there was evidence

there would be an impeachment underway unless the House is completely inept under Johnson and Comer.

I mean lets face it, Clinton was impeached over a blow job.  If there were really a paper trail of money

laundering or pay to play even the current clowns could get an impeachment, if only they had a shred of 

real evidence instead of partisan "feelings".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.8  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @2.3.6    one month ago

It is beyond anything sane to not know Joe has lied repeatedly about his involvement in his son's business and it has been proven he lied.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @2.3.7    one month ago

They got nothing - they're persistent - but they got nothin'!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    2 months ago

So predictable….. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3    2 months ago

Yes, it is.

BTW, I'm worried for those guys going to Haiti.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 months ago

Yep, you should be but from what I’ve heard it’s devolved into the equivalent of neighborhood gangs fighting each other.    No central galvanizing faction.     Which makes it marginally safer.

That’s something about that Mitch Albom rescue eh?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.1    2 months ago

Yes Sir

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    2 months ago

Private citizens doing what the government won’t.

Outstanding.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.3    2 months ago

It is outstanding.

When you consider that Kenya offered to restore order in Haiti, but changed its mind, you realize how bad it must be over there.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Next question for our readers:

Fanny said under oath, “No, I did not visit the WH.”

Did she not realize they keep detailed records of everyone who visits?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 months ago

Except for cocaine delivery’s.    No log book for those…….

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    2 months ago
Except for cocaine delivery’s.

One of the two things that can't be investigated. The other being left wing leakers at the SCOTUS.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 months ago
A Georgia judge threw out six of the counts against Donald Trump because they were so vague Trump's lawyers couldn't prepare a defense. Those 6 counts happen to be the most important in the Willis case.

And yet again, the left has failed to back up their allegations in their selective prosecution. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    2 months ago

It is backfiring on them.

The polls are showing Trump ahead in battleground states, much different than polling in 2020.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 months ago

Polls showed Hillary way ahead too and the odds makers had her at 85% to win.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 months ago
A US Marine anti-Terror group has been sent to Haiti to protect the US Embassy which remains opened.

I'm curious of how restrictive the ROE is.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 months ago

It is frightening.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    2 months ago

But it's the reality of it.  The politicians put very restricted ROEs in place that, basically cripples any military forces in an area.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.1    2 months ago

I do recall how tight the ROE was when Obama was president.

I also recall President Trump letting the Commander in Afghanistan do what he thought necessary.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.2    2 months ago
I do recall how tight the ROE was when Obama was president

I was deployed to Afghanistan when that train wreck happened.  We couldn't conduct night operations allowing the Taliban free reign at night to set up all their IEDs and hide targeted commanders, we were restricted on how we engaged the Taliban resulting in casualties.

I also recall President Trump letting the Commander in Afghanistan do what he thought necessary.

And look how successful and fast operations were conducted.  Stark difference from Obama's shitty ROE.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.3    2 months ago
I was deployed to Afghanistan when that train wreck happened.  We couldn't conduct night operations allowing the Taliban free reign at night to set up all their IEDs and hide targeted commanders, we were restricted on how we engaged the Taliban resulting in casualties.

When I hear something like that, I have to believe that the US military is the most disciplined in the world.

And look how successful and fast operations were conducted.

Beyond debate.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.2    2 months ago

US military fatalities in Afghanistan:

2001-2008 = 626

2009-2016 = 1,752

2017-2020 = 65

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.5    2 months ago

Those numbers really tell a story.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.5    2 months ago

Thank you for posting this. It DOES indeed, tell a story.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.8  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.5    2 months ago

2023 = zero

2024 = zero

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.8    2 months ago

Absolutely.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.10  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @6.1.8    2 months ago

Tell that to the Afghans who aided the US that Brandon abandoned. Want to guess at how many of them have been killed?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.11  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.10    2 months ago

Why? Are they more important than the 13 Americans who were killed by the terrorist in 2021?

Do you think most Afghans complain all day and night about Biden while ignoring what Trump did to them

by selling them out to the Taliban, pushing the Doha Accord through without input or approval from the elected

government?

At least Biden gave them a few extra months to see the obvious and leave their country if they heeded repeated State Department warmings.

I will light a candle or donate to a go fund me for these 11 brave Marines, Page, Pichardo, Gee, Lopez, Sanchez, Espinoza, Schmitz, McCollum, Merola, Nikoui and Hoover along with Corpsman Max Soviak and USArmy Staff Sgt Knauss. Volunteers all.

I'll let you worry about the Afghans who were too slow to see what was coming after Doha in February of 2020 and were still hanging around 17 months later.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.10    one month ago

BTW those 11 Marines, a Navy Corpsman and Army Staff Sargeant died trying to get your precious last minute Afghans out of their own country after almost all of the Americans were gone.

The bravest of the brave.

Semper Fi

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 months ago

Hope they don’t leave more of our brothers and sister out to dry.     Let them do their job.

If you fuck with us, we will kill you ….. all.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sparty On @6.2    2 months ago
Hope they don’t leave more of our brothers and sister out to dry.

They've done it in the past.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.2.1    2 months ago

I know and I worry about that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    2 months ago

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @7    2 months ago

And yet you haven't shown any of this as being false.  Why is that?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.1    2 months ago

Please , by all means , name one of these Comer committee hearings that hasn't ended with Comer and his committee being a laughingstock.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    2 months ago

Another long way to say you can't show that any of this as being false.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.1.2    2 months ago

get lost

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.3    2 months ago

Just reminding you to show what, if anything, is false.  if you can't just say so.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  JohnRussell    2 months ago

OIP.KQ4Ak4ftqvN5gyBzYWSqDQHaFu?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @8    2 months ago

This is a photo of bobulinski meeting with mark meadows outside a trump rally.  Bobulinski doesn't deny that the photograph is him and mark meadows, he does deny that Meadows handed in a piece of paper as Cassidy Hutchinson alleges.

What was bobulinski doing at a trump rally? Why was he meeting with mark meadows, trump's top political operative ?

Is bobulinski on the MAGA payroll now?, under the table of course.

as for the committee, I'm old enough to remember when James Comer said there would be no public hearing because it wasn't necessary. Now that the behind closed doors hearing did his witch hunt no good he wants a public hearing, a second bite at the apple.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    2 months ago

Instead of always trying to smear someone who gave testimony that you don't like, why not try and find out who is lying?  We already know that Joe & Hunter have lied about various things concerning the obvious influence peddling, but Bobulinski has yet to be caught lying. 

Now that Hunter is liable for the deposition he gave, he must have that testimony scrutinized. You don't keep getting one rule for Trump and another for Biden. Hunter has to do what everyone else is required to do.

The use of a close-door deposition serves some obvious purposes. Due to years of delay, Hunter will now face a massive amount of evidence collected by the committee from accounts, messages, and prior depositions of other witnesses. Some of this material can raise confidential material that might not be subject to public disclosure.

There are also obvious tactical benefits from such depositions. They can lock in a witness on an account. Indeed, they can easily trap a witnesses who strays from a practiced narrative — conflicts that come at the risk of criminal incrimination. Finally, they allow the Committee to focus on the most productive areas for the public hearings — the very function used by Raskin and his colleagues in prior hearings.

Raskin Denounces Closed-Door Depositions Despite Conducting Closed-Door Depositions – JONATHAN TURLEY

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.1    2 months ago
Instead of always trying to smear someone who gave testimony that you don't like, why not try and find out who is lying? 

Why was bobulinski at a trump rally meeting with mark meadows?

as for the committee, hunter Biden says that if they bring ivanka and Jared to sit at the table with him and take questions he will go. I think that's totally reasonable.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.2    2 months ago

Why not?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.2    2 months ago
Why was bobulinski at a trump rally meeting with mark meadows?

First of all, John, you need to establish that with a link and second of all guessing at motivations is meaningless. If it meant anything all the Bidens would have been convicted of a FARA violation.

as for the committee, hunter Biden says that if they bring ivanka and Jared to sit at the table with him and take questions he will go. I think that's totally reasonable.

What would be fair & reasonable would be for the Committee to subpoena him and hold him in contempt for not showing and then for Biden's corrupt DOJ to prosecute him the same way they prosecuted Bannon and Navarro. You see John, there comes a time when all things are no longer up for debate.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.4    2 months ago
A highlight of Bobulinski’s defamation claim are details of   "a 2020 Trump campaign rally in Rome, Georgia, in which former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows handed 'a folded sheet of paper or a small envelope' to Bobulinski while Bobulinksi was wearing what Hutchinson called a 'ski mask.'"

According to her book, the report notes, "Hutchinson observed the two men huddling, with Bobulinski covering his face with a ski mask, 'through a gap in the vehicles,' she wrote. Meadows had asked Hutchinson to locate Bobulinski, then 'work with [the] Secret Service to find a hidden spot.'"

According to Bobulinski’s lawsuit, nothing 'nefarious' was going on, and the face-to-face was simply 'an exchange of pleasantries.' It says Bobulinski had become the target of death threats, and that Meadows 'asked to meet with him for the sole purpose of checking on his and his family’s health and safety due to the ongoing threats against them. '

Bobulinski insists in the suit that, under oath last month before the Jan. 6 Committee, he 'unequivocally rejected' the notion he was wearing a ski mask during the meeting with Meadows. He further complains about being mocked on social media about the mask, embedding a photo of himself in his dress whites, 'an actual photo of Plaintiff, a decorated Navy veteran,” to distinguish himself from a meme-ified cartoon showing a masked man smoking a cigarette.

The news outlet also notes, "in describing Hutchinson as a liar, Bobulinski cites a trio of far-right conspiracy theorists, one of whom was  banned from Twitter and Facebook for spreading falsehoods about the 2020 election, as 'proof' of his assertions."

US Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) sent a February 12 letter to House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. James Comer (R-KY), saying Bobulinski "is a less-than-credible witness whose 'mysterious ties to the Trump campaign, his refusal to engage with the Committee’s Democratic staff, and his problematic personal finances, raise significant concerns about his truthfulness, credibility, and motivations.'

'Less-than-credible' GOP witness hits Trump White House aide with $10M defamation suit (msn.com)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.5    2 months ago

Bobulinski verifies that he met with mark meadows at the time and place Cassidy Hutchinson says he did.

I'll ask you again why was bobulinski meeting with mark meadows?

It says Bobulinski had become the target of death threats, and that Meadows 'asked to meet with him for the sole purpose of checking on his and his family’s health and safety due to the ongoing threats against them. '

is a bunch of nonsense

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.5    2 months ago

This is based on Hutchinson's book ?

John, please stop. She made the idiotic allegation that "someone told her that Trump wanted to grab the steering wheel."  The driver has contradicted that story:

Trump driver contradicts Cassidy Hutchinson about Jan. 6 altercation, GOP report says (msn.com)

Remember John, that was one of the facts you and others here wouldn't accept!

You see, John, unlike Joe Biden, I do remember.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.7    2 months ago

I see you can't answer the question why Bobulinski was meeting with Meadows. The idea that Meadows simply wanted to check on Bobulinski's well-being is preposterous.

bugsy
Professor Participates
8.1.9  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    2 months ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    2 months ago

No, I'm not a mind reader.  All I'm interested in is getting to the truth on the Biden family business.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    2 months ago

I see you still won’t answer why not.    

Maybe they were comparing recipes or discussing the best ways to get around DC or ruminating over why JR cares so much that they were meeting in the first place.

I submit, based on your work here, you can and will find ill intent from any two warm bodies meeting anytime.    That is if you don’t agree with them politically.

Ridiculous.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
8.1.12  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.7    2 months ago
She made the idiotic allegation that "someone told her that Trump wanted to grab the steering wheel."  The driver has contradicted that stor

What is idiotic about repeating what another had told you ?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8.1.13  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    2 months ago
This is a photo of bobulinski meeting with mark meadows outside a trump rally. 

Without a link, for all we know that photo is Biden's crackhead kid making a core.  Do better.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Igknorantzruls @8.1.12    2 months ago

If the thing is idiotic, it is. Furthermore, it turned out that she was writing a book !!!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.15  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @8.1.13    2 months ago
Without a link, for all we know that photo is Biden's crackhead kid making a core.  Do better.

Jeremy I tried to mark your comments as trolling but I'm not getting anywhere.

Not only did I give a link for information confirming that he met with meadows I posted half of the whole article. In his lawsuit against Hutchinson bobulinski acknowledges that he met with meadows at the time and place that she says he did.

That would be clear to most people

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.16  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @8.1.11    2 months ago
Maybe they were comparing recipes

dont complain about people not taking you seriously

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8.1.17  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.15    2 months ago
Not only did I give a link for information confirming that he met with meadows I posted half of the whole article. In his lawsuit against Hutchinson bobulinski acknowledges that he met with meadows at the time and place that she says he did.

And at the time I made my comment, there was no link. But don't let that fact get in the way of your deflection.

I am curious, why are you deflecting to this?  The article is about Biden's crackhead kid.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1.18  Snuffy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @8.1.17    2 months ago

You know why.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8.1.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Snuffy @8.1.18    2 months ago

I do.  Hell, we all do.  

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
8.1.20  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.14    2 months ago
If the thing is idiotic, it is.

What, Trump attempting to grab the wheel ? As I could see Trump being in such a hissy, that he saw , fit, to go to the Capitol after getting his flockers in a frenzy

bccrane
Freshman Silent
8.1.21  bccrane  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.5    2 months ago
with Bobulinski covering his face with a ski mask,

Does anyone remember COVID?  From the photo it looks like he is wearing what I believe was called a gator mask, which was to help stop the transmission of covid, not a ski mask.

As for the rest of all that, who else was he going to find to help him, the MSM wasn't going to they were still spreading the lie that the laptop was Russian disinformation, the Biden's sure weren't going to help him, and according to Raskin the only reason they wanted to question him was to publicly try and crucify him.  So who was still in power and in a position to help him with any protection needed?  There's nothing nefarious at all with this. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.22  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Igknorantzruls @8.1.20    2 months ago
As I could see Trump being in such a hissy, that he saw , fit, to go to the Capitol after getting his flockers in a frenzy

I'm sure that you and a few others could envision that.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
8.1.23  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.22    2 months ago

i can also envision Trump taking you supporters over the cliff with him, Thelma and Louise style, all while, you defend till your end, and possibly that of the GOP.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.24  JohnRussell  replied to  bccrane @8.1.21    2 months ago
who else was he going to find to help him

help him do what?

Why would he need help?

If he actually ever had any damaging information about the bidens Donald trump's camp is the last people he should have been talking to if he wanted to have any credibility.  

They thought this meeting was clandestine enough that no one would find out about it not realizing that Cassidy Hutchinson was having second thoughts about trump and everything surrounding him

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.25  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.16    2 months ago

Thankfully, your opinion on such matters is completely meaningless to me.   So there is that …….

bccrane
Freshman Silent
8.1.26  bccrane  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.24    2 months ago
If he actually ever had any damaging information about the bidens Donald trump's camp is the last people he should have been talking to if he wanted to have any credibility.  

Trump's camp were the ones with the most interest in what he knew and if he was fearing for his safety because of what he knew, the secret service around Trump was safer for him.

They thought this meeting was clandestine enough that no one would find out about it not realizing that Cassidy Hutchinson was having second thoughts about trump and everything surrounding him

They didn't want anyone to find out because of #8, #8.1, #8.1.2, etc., because they knew that it would be spun as something nefarious by those that want him silenced and/or completely humiliated.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
8.1.27  Igknorantzruls  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.2    2 months ago
hy was bobulinski at a trump rally meeting with mark meadows?

didnt Bobulinski first DENY this meeting, until he foun d out she had pictures ?    

What reason would he have to deny it ?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.28  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.1    2 months ago
Instead of always trying to smear someone who gave testimony that you don't like, why not try and find out who is lying? 

Amazing irony.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
8.1.29  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.28    2 months ago

understatement x 10 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

GIkUBJlWUAAWftZ?format=jpg&name=small

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 months ago

Perfect timing for this …. You know …. With costs for most goods and services being so high for consumers ….. /s

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.2  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    2 months ago

Sanders is like everyones crazy inventor Uncle.

Wild ideas, no substance.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10  MrFrost    2 months ago

He should just not show up. Nothing they could do to him anyway. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @10    2 months ago
He should just not show up. Nothing they could do to him anyway. 

You are correct with this. His daddy is a D. Doesn't matter that he was subpoenaed. No way in hell Garland will charge him for defying a Congressional subpoena.

Reason? See my second sentence..

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @10.1    2 months ago
You are correct with this. His daddy is a D.

Jim Jordan... (R)

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1.2  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @10.1.1    2 months ago
Jim Jordan... (R)

OK so you know a congressman's name

Good deal.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
10.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  MrFrost @10.1.1    2 months ago

The current Grand Dragon Jordan never met a subpoena he couldn't ignore.

So much for the old law and order party.