╌>

Schumer calls for new Israeli leader to replace Netanyahu in Senate floor speech

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  7 months ago  •  91 comments

By:   Julia Johnson (Fox News)

Schumer calls for new Israeli leader to replace Netanyahu in Senate floor speech
Schumer called for new elections in Israel in a floor speech on Thursday, saying this is the only option for a two state solution to move forward.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., has called on Israel to elect a new prime minister to replace Benjamin Netanyahu in order to move towards a lasting peace between Israelis and Palestinians in the form of a two-state solution.

In what was billed as a major speech on a two-state solution, Schumer said on the Senate floor on Thursday that Netanyahu was one of four obstacles to this solution.

The majority leader said he believed, "Prime Minister Netanyahu has lost his way by allowing his political survival to take the precedence over the best interests of Israel."

Along with Netanyahu, Schumer listed "Hamas, and the Palestinians who support and tolerate their evil ways, radical, right-wing Israelis in government and society, [and] Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas" as the other obstacles.

According to Schumer, who is Jewish, Israeli elections are "the only way to allow for a healthy and open decision-making process about the future of Israel." He added that he believed a majority of Israelis also recognize a need for change in their government.

In his reasoning for calling on elections to potentially replace Netanyahu, Schumer explained: "He has put himself in coalition with far-right extremists like Ministers Smotrich and Ben-Gvir, and as a result, he has been too willing to tolerate the civilian toll in Gaza, which is pushing support for Israel worldwide to historic lows."

Schumer emphasized that Israel will not be able to overcome such a poor public image. "Israel cannot survive if it becomes a pariah," he said.

After Schumer's speech, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., took to the floor and addressed the remarks of his Democratic colleague, but did not call him out by name.

"The Jewish state of Israel deserves an ally that acts like one," he said, condemning the call for new Israeli elections as "unprecedented."

"Israel's unity, government and security cabinet deserve the deference befitting a sovereign democratic country."

The Kentucky Republican added that "foreign observers" who aren't able to recognize these important distinctions should not give their own prescriptions. McConnell additionally claimed the Democratic Party's issue is not with Netanyahu, but with the state of Israel itself.

As recently as January, Netanyahu rejected the prospect of two states, claiming, "I will not compromise on full Israeli security control over all the territory west of Jordan - and this is contrary to a Palestinian state."

The Palestinian Authority has also reiterated its desire for the territories of Gaza, the West Bank and East Jerusalem, with Jerusalem as the capital.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    7 months ago

The last sentence in the seed says it all.

With friends like Schumer, Israel doesn't need enemies.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    7 months ago

My Israeli cousins, reflecting the opinion of the majority of Israelis, think Netanyahu's government is weak and corrupt, and they want a change no matter what a bunch of know nothing American right wingers want.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Gsquared @1.1    7 months ago

As long as Netanyahu is in power the war will never end

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Gsquared @1.1    7 months ago

bibi is a corrupt autocrat, backed by extremists, attempting to stay in power, to keep from being criminally prosecuted. the legacy he has left for israel is guaranteeing more terrorist attacks on the next 2 generations of israelis.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Gsquared  replied to  devangelical @1.1.2    7 months ago

There is another huge rally happening right now in Tel Aviv with thousands of Israelis demonstrating against Netanyahu and calling for a change in government.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Gsquared @1.1    7 months ago

I'll trust your word on this instead of a American right winger who only goes by what he hears on Fox News

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Gsquared @1.1    7 months ago
no matter what a bunch of know nothing American right wingers want

don't forget that rwnj christo-fascists have a uniquely biblical purpose for temporarily protecting the israelis.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    7 months ago

As long as Hamas remains in power over the Palestinians and fails to release the hostages and surrender,,,,

the war will never end.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.4    7 months ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg + jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    7 months ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2    7 months ago

The highest-ranking Jewish official calling for the overthrow of the Israeli Prime Minister!

Or could it be the pressure from the far left of his party is that intense?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.2  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    7 months ago

No, Netanyahu is really just that bad at his job. Schumer is one of only ten Jewish US Senators, nine Democrats plus Bernie...

There are zero no zip nada Jewish Senators who are in the gop!

George
Junior Expert
1.2.3  George  replied to  JBB @1.2.2    7 months ago

You have a lot of only ones, Like the 47 party of the klan racists in the senate where the republicans have zero. 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.4  JBB  replied to  George @1.2.3    7 months ago

So, why are there are no US Senators in the gop and why do nearly all American Jews vote Democratic TODAY? 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.5  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1.2.2    7 months ago

So what is Netanyahu doing wrong? What should he do, in your opinion?

Do you approve of what Hamas has done and continues to do?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    7 months ago

"McConnell additionally claimed the Democratic Party's issue is not with Netanyahu, but with the state of Israel itself."

AND, with desperately trying to hold Michigan for the Democrats.

Has any nation ever made the dangerous move of changing its administration while it was in the middle of a war?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @1.2.4    7 months ago
"...why do nearly all American Jews vote Democratic TODAY?" 

I wouldn't be so definite about that these days.  Democrat Presidents made a lot of promises about Israel that they did not keep, but Trump DID for Israel.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.8  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.6    7 months ago

Has any nation ever made the dangerous move of changing its administration while it was in the middle of a war?

I'm pretty sure that if Israel wasn't at war Netanyahu would've already been removed from power.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.2.9  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    7 months ago
calling for the overthrow of the Israeli Prime Minister!

Where did he say that?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.9    7 months ago

RIGHT HERE:

Schumer said the U.S. wasn’t trying to dictate who should lead Israel. But, he said: “At this critical juncture, I believe a new election is the only way to allow for a healthy and open decision-making process about the future of Israel, at a time when so many Israelis have lost their confidence in the vision and direction of their government.”

Schumer Calls for End of Netanyahu-Led Government in Israel (msn.com)

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.2.11  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.10    7 months ago

So free and fair elections are now overthrowing a government? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.11    7 months ago

Here is a man from another country calling for a new election in Israel to change the PM.

And you construe that as free and fair?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.12    7 months ago
Here is a man from another country calling for a new election in Israel to change the PM.

hey, it is only interference when someone does it to America!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @1.2.11    7 months ago
So free and fair elections are now overthrowing a government? 

Are you saying Israel didn't have free and fair elections to put the people now in power in place?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.2.15  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.12    7 months ago
And you construe that as free and fair?

In what way are they corrupt? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    7 months ago

There they go again …… Democrats trying to Nation build where they aren’t wanted or needed.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2    7 months ago

The left has a thing for Netanyahu.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    7 months ago

Yep, they bag on Netanyahu and enable terrorists.

FUBAR

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    7 months ago

I'm only hoping that Netanyahu takes out all of Iran's nuclear facilities.

Get ready Iran!

aHR0cDovL2NsLmltZ2hvc3RzLmNvbS9pbWdoL2ltYWdlL2ZldGNoL2FyXzM6MixjX2ZpbGwsZV9zaGFycGVuOjEwMCxmX2pwZyxnX2ZhY2VzOmF1dG8scV9hdXRvOmdvb2Qsd18xMDIwL2h0dHA6Ly9pbWdob3N0cy5jb20vdC8yMDI0LTAzLzgyNTI5OC85NTM0OTViNjVmNGQ1MGZiODY3MTMyNDgwYzY1OTk5Yi5qcGVn.webp?v=1710435259-21pIjaPB8Wf3ze-LyfrCsHhfdRRMyaH8ppsiktRgkEo

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    7 months ago
I'm only hoping that Netanyahu takes out all of Iran's nuclear facilities.

Ain't gonna happen.

Israel has already taken out nuclear reactors in two Arab countries Syria and Iraq.

The attack on Saddam's reactor was much earlier ("Operation Opera", 1981). Because of the attack on the reactor (which of course was built above ground), the Iranians decided to build their reactors buried deep below the surface making them impossible (or nearly impossible) to destroy.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.3    7 months ago
The attack on Saddam's reactor was much earlier ("Operation Opera", 1981)

It was an amazingly successful attack. IIRC, i4 Israeli planes took part (F-15s and F16s)-- not a single one was shot down. And there were minimal casualties on the ground.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2.1.3    7 months ago

The only defence Israel has against nuclear missiles sent from Iran would be the Iron Dome system but how effective could that be in the event of hypersonic missiles and an explosion just ABOVE a city, AND the threat of nuclear retaliation that would turn Iran into a glass parking lot but that would be unfortunate since it's been reported that the Iranian people generally favour Israel. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.6  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1.4    7 months ago

It was an amazingly successful attack. IIRC, i4 Israeli planes took part (F-15s and F16s)-- not a single one was shot down. And there were minimal casualties on the ground.

Interestingly, Iran had launched an attack on the Iraqi reactor earlier, but it failed to destroy the reactor:

In an air attack codenamed   Operation Scorch Sword, Iran attacked and damaged the site on 30 September 1980, with two   F-4 Phantoms, shortly after the outbreak of the   Iran–Iraq War . [52]  

Due to last minute Iranian concerns that the reactor had been already fueled and could release   radioactive fallout   if hit, they did not attack the actual reactor dome, but the control room, research/centrifuge facilities, and the adjacent buildings. 

The French and Italian technicians promptly left Iraq, and nearly withdrew from the project, but some later returned in February 1981 and began to repair the damage. [56]

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.7  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.5    7 months ago
The only defense Israel has against nuclear missiles sent from Iran would be the Iron Dome system but how effective could that be in the event of hypersonic missiles and an explosion just ABOVE a city, AND the threat of nuclear retaliation that would turn Iran into a glass parking lot but that would be unfortunate since it's been reported that the Iranian people generally favour Israel.

Ironically, (IMO) is the map--( i.e.geography of the area). Israel is so tiny that an Atomic explosion there would carry radiation to surrounding areas. Probably killing most Palestinians-- and any hopes of a Palestinian state. The Palestinians are greatly loved throughout most of the world-- - would Iran want to be responsible for eliminating them with nuclear fallout?

And probably a lot of radiation would reach Iran itself.......

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.2  Gsquared  replied to  Sparty On @2    7 months ago
trying to Nation build where they aren’t wanted or needed

You mean like when the Republicans under Bush tried and failed nation building in Iraq and Afghanistan.

George
Junior Expert
2.2.1  George  replied to  Gsquared @2.2    7 months ago

Biden seems to think it worked but then again, he is an idiot, Or it was good and him and Bary managed to fuck it up.

I am very optimistic about -- about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You’re going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You’re going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government. I spent -- I’ve been there 17 times now. I go about every two months -- three months. I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society. It’s impressed me. I’ve been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences. Joe Biden.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @2.2    7 months ago
You mean like when the Republicans under Bush tried and failed nation building in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The vote to go to war in Afghanistan was approved 98 to 0 in the Senate and 420 to 1 in the House. 

According to Pew, a year later, 56% of Americans favored “coming to the aid of Afghanistan to help it recover from the war,” and over 66% agreed that the US would have to continue to “deploy troops there to maintain civil order” for the foreseeable future.

The goal of Bush and Obama  was to reach a point in Afghanistan when the violence would be sufficiently low and/or the Afghan government strong enough to allow us to withdraw without significantly increasing the risk of a resurgent terrorist threat.

Bush was able to keep between 10,000 and 20,000 troops in the country, and U.S. casualties in these years were relatively low. For 4-5 years our troop footprint was relatively low, at 10,000 and 20,000 troops with lower casualties. 

Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman SEN Carl Levin (D-Mich.), chairman of the SASC reported after his visit in 2011, that the Afghan people in former Taliban strongholds were “returning to villages” and had “growing confidence in the ability of Afghan and coalition forces to provide security.”

Members of Congress, including most Dems were enthusiastic about nation-building. Congress frequently demanded greater civilian efforts to complement military action, they approved billions of dollars in aid and constantly pressed the administration to increase such efforts. 

This wasn't a one-man (Bush II) mission.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Gsquared @2.2    7 months ago

Actually no, not even close to the same thing but that said.    You do know a Democrat was President for eight years of that right?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    7 months ago

Does Chucky know that the next round of Israeli elections are set for 2026?  

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3.1  Gsquared  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    7 months ago

If you knew anything about how a parliamentary government works, you might know that if the current governing coalition were to dissolve, elections for a new government would be held well before 2026.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Gsquared @3.1    7 months ago

Well, it doesn't look like they are going to dissolve the government any time soon so, as I said, the next round of Israel elections is in 2026.  

But thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @3.1    7 months ago

Know nothings tend to brag about their lack of knowledge.  How self unaware.

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @3.1    7 months ago

MAGA tend to be proud of their ignorance.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.4  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.2    7 months ago

[deleted]

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4  Right Down the Center    7 months ago

Interesting.  I wonder what Biden and the dems would do if the leader of a country or two said Biden was too old and frail so he should step down.  You know, the ones that are making fun of him.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5  Ronin2    7 months ago

Schumer should be careful what he wishes for.

Israelis are sick of Bibi. He is corrupt; but more importantly he allowed Oct 7th to happen. Israelis aren't Americans- they don't forgive politicians like US voters did with Bush Jr over 9/11.

There are Zionist politicians that are far to the right of Bibi. Anyone that thinks the Israelis are ready to stop fighting in Gaza and sing Kumbaya; reign in the IDF and settlers attacking Palestinians in the West Bank; or starting treating non Jews in Israel any better- isn't paying attention.

What Israeli voters put in Bibi's place might have Democrats praying for his return.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @5    7 months ago

I'm curious, Ronin2.  Have you ever been to Israel?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1    7 months ago

LOL, not answering that question IS an answer to that question, and the one I expected.  One might be smart to not pay much attention to those who talk the talk who have never walked the walk. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1    7 months ago

I am curious Buzz have you ever been to the West Bank or Gaza- I mean outside of a IDF controlled Israeli settlement that is?

Sorry, I don't support fascists of any ilk. Whether they be Zionist, PA, Hamas, Hezbollah, or any of their more radical factions. A pox on all of them.

Take a look at the last several Israeli Prime Ministers- you have to go back to Ehud Barak to find anyone even close to being a moderate.

My tax money goes to both Israel and the PA (very little of it actually reaches the Palestinians in need)- with all of the homeless and starving we have in this country it would be better served staying here. They can start by taking care of our veterans who served this country; and now have to share already overworked VA services with illegal immigrants.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.2    7 months ago

Yes, not only have I been to Israel more than once, I have been from the north, a kibbutz just south of the Lebanon border, to Eilat, the most southerly point of Israel and many places in between, met with Jewish Israelis and Arab/Muslim Israelis.  I have also been to the West Bank and I didn't see any IDF soldiers there.  I have not been to Gaza.

If I have anything to say about Israel, it is with having had personal experiences there. 

But then, I note that you still haven't answered my question.  There is a very simple 2 letter word and a very simple 3 letter word to choose from.  

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
6  Nerm_L    7 months ago

What would the right honorable Chuck Schumer do if Benjamin Netanyahu wins re-election?  Would Schumer question the legitimacy of the election?  Schumer is only listening to those that want to remove Netanyahu but that doesn't necessarily mean Netanyahu couldn't survive an election and remain in power.  Schumer's problem is he is only looking at the situation as a public relations activity; it's not about the security of Israel.

Even more entertaining is Schumer citing the four obstacles for achieving a two state solution as Netanyahu, Hamas, Abbas, and right wing Palestinians and Israelis.  And that list of obstacles omits the biggest obstacle of all: Iran.   So, according to Schumer the only thing we need is for liberals to take over the entire Middle East.  Nuthin' to it.  We only have to rewrite a few thousand years of history. 

Apparently Chuck Schumer is even more delusional than Joe Biden.  At least Biden can use his Catholicism as an excuse.  What's Schumer's excuse?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    7 months ago
Thousands in Israel have taken to the streets in two separate protests, one demanding an immediate release of hostages from Gaza and another calling for drafting ultra-Orthodox Jewish men into the military.

The protests are public displays of growing divisions in Israeli society and politics five months into the Gaza war.

Protesters calling for the release of hostages march from a Tel Aviv square carrying enlarged images of women held in Gaza, briefly blocking the highway at one point.

“Bringing them back as soon as possible will be the only image of victory from this damned war,” one woman says into a megaphone. Others chanted: “Deal, now!”

In another rally, Israelis protested against Netanyahu’s coalition government, demanding an end to the exemption of ultra-Orthodox Jewish men from compulsory military service.

Some 10,000 people participated in the demonstration, also held in Tel Aviv.

The Supreme Court in 2018 voided a law waiving the draft for ultra-Orthodox men, citing a need for the burden of military service to be shared across Israeli society.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @7    7 months ago

Israel smokes the USA even without Orthodox men.    About 40% of Israeli men serve in the IDF.    Only about 3% of American men serve in the US military.

That’s the fucked up statistic related to this story.

George
Junior Expert
7.1.1  George  replied to  Sparty On @7.1    7 months ago

Hell, in the house of reps only 82 out of 435 have served and less than 20 of those are democrats. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @7.1    7 months ago
 About 40% of Israeli men serve in the IDF.    Only about 3% of American men serve in the US military.

Yes-- because one of those country has the draft-- the other one doesn't.

(And the discrepancy is even greater with the percentages of women serving-- because one of those countries drafts women-- and one doesn't.)

So....guess which country has a significantly higher percentage of both men and women serving? (The country with the draft-- or the country without a draft?)  jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @7.1.2    7 months ago

Irrelevant to the point being made.    Americans have the luxury of not being conscripted because enough volunteer on their own.    Although this may have to change.   For the first time in memory recruitment quotas are below target for all the branches except the Marine Corps.

The winds of change, they are a blowin ….

George
Junior Expert
8  George    7 months ago

Democrats whine incessantly about foreign countries interfering in our democracy while actively interfering in another country’s democratically elected leader. You just can’t make this kind of hypocrisy up.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  Tessylo  replied to  George @8    7 months ago

You just did - make stuff up.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @8.1    7 months ago

I'm sorry Tess, but George did NOT make that up.  There have been reports of Chinese "police stations" in Canada and the USA which are used to "influence" Canadian and American Chinese citizens and candidates, especially in Canada, and recently I read something about it happening in the USA as well. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    7 months ago

[deleted

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    7 months ago

I don't care what you read or what he says.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
8.1.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    7 months ago

Spot on

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
8.1.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.3    7 months ago

Denying the undeniable

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    7 months ago

I don't care who agrees with you either.  Just because they said 'spot on' doesn't mean what you read was correct.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
8.1.7  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.6    7 months ago

Being correct is what makes him correct 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.6    7 months ago

Foreign interference in U.S. elections isn’t old news

"During the 2022 midterms, state actors from China, Russia, Iran, and elsewhere  increased  their attempts to influence the outcomes of midterm races and amplify divisions in American society, according to  dual reports  released last month by the U.S. national security apparatus. 

LINK ->

I stand with what I had to say.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.3    7 months ago
I don't care what you read or what he says.

Yep and that comment speaks for itself.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
8.2  Gazoo  replied to  George @8    7 months ago

The only ones allowed to interfere in US elections are dems. And don’t anyone forget it!

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
8.3  Robert in Ohio  replied to  George @8    7 months ago

George

You are absolutely correct, our national leaders do not like when foreign nations dip their toes in the water to promote changes in U.S. elections (directly or indirectly) -  but that is what Schumer is doing here

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @8.3    7 months ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
8.3.2  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @8.3.1    7 months ago

You can always tell a MAGA, but you can't tell a MAGA much!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
8.3.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @8.3.2    7 months ago

2vq5rc.jpg

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
8.3.4  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Tessylo @8.3.1    7 months ago

Yes he is correct in this instance

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @8.3.4    7 months ago

No

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
8.3.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @8.3.5    7 months ago

Most indubitably 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @8.3.5    7 months ago

Pelosi, Dems Cite Election Interference In Request For Info From FBI

LINK ->

Please. Tess, you are arguing that the world is flat and black is white.  Don't embarrass yourself any further.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.8  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.3.7    7 months ago

I'm actually not embarrassed.

Find better friends,

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @8.3.8    7 months ago

We may not all be friends, but IMO all of us are like a family.  You don't have to like all the members of your family, but there is a connection between all of us that is important to me, especially since I'm on the other side of the world of almost everybody on this site. and NT is a way in which I can feel close to others and converse with them.  Very few people speak English well where I am and my wife doesn't speak English well so this is my way to be able to carry on intelligent conversations about many things that she really knows nothing about anyway.  I'll leave it to others, like yourself, to base your friendships only with those who are in total agreement with you, but I have good relationships on NT with many who hold different views than I do on some issues, yet the same on others, because I don't follow "party lines" exclusively and am open to accept or reject specific issues from both sides. 

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
8.3.11  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Tessylo @8.3.5    7 months ago

Yes

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.12  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @8.3.11    7 months ago

No

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
8.3.13  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Tessylo @8.3.12    7 months ago

Yes Yes a thousand times yes

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.14  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @8.3.13    7 months ago

Nope

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
8.3.15  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Tessylo @8.3.14    7 months ago

Yep

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.16  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @8.3.15    7 months ago

Never

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
8.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  George @8    7 months ago

Absolutely correct

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
9  Robert in Ohio    7 months ago

Is the Majority Leader of the U.S. Senate advocating for "regime change" in a foreign government?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
10  Sean Treacy    7 months ago

Schumer believes Israel is an American colony, not a democracy to be respected, so he interferes in their elections. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @10    7 months ago

Chuckie Schumer is a disgrace to America.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
10.2  Ronin2  replied to  Sean Treacy @10    7 months ago

He is simply following Barack Obama's lead.

The shit our tax payer money is spent on.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
10.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @10.2    7 months ago
Barack Obama's

ODS! 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @10.2.1    7 months ago
ODS! 

To paraphrase some of my good friends on the left ….. not a real thing ….jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif