╌>

More bad news for Biden: The March Inflation Report

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 weeks ago  •  17 comments

More bad news for Biden: The March Inflation Report
Inflation ran hot for a third straight month in March, raising questions about when the Federal Reserve will feel confident that price pressures are subdued and it can begin cutting interest rates.

Link to Quote: Inflation came in hot at 3.5% in March, CPI report shows. Fed could delay rate cuts. (msn.com)

The bad news dropped like a rock yesterday.

Once again, the laws of economics have come to haunt Joe Biden. It was really very simple. After the lockdown recommended by Dr Fauci and the measures taken to help people in distress, Joe Biden topped it all off with $ trillion-dollar budgets, some to aid those suffering from the pandemic and others to enact an insane green new deal. The inflation that followed was inevitable.

The bad news from yesterday:

Overall prices increased 3.5% from a year earlier, up from 3.2% in February, driven largely by the rising cost of rent and gasoline, according to the Labor Department’s consumer price index. On a monthly basis, costs rose 0.4%, similar to the previous month.

Core prices, which exclude volatile food and energy items and are watched more closely by the Fed, increased 0.4% in line with February's rise. That kept the annual increase at 3.8%.

Inflation came in hot at 3.5% in March, CPI report shows. Fed could delay rate cuts. (msn.com)

Not only is the Biden campaign still trying to sell the silly idea that things are getting better, but now the Federal Reserve which democrats were counting on to cut interest rates before the election might just have to do their duty and hold off until things actually do get better. As soon as the report was released, t he S&P 500 fell 0.73% and the Dow Jones Industrial Average slipped 0.84%. Prices for 10-year Treasury bonds, which are sensitive to inflation, fell and pushed up their yields to 3.1%. The price of groceries is still up about 36% since Donald Trump left office.

In other news:

Biden and Japan’s prime minister, Fumio Kishida, announced more economic and military cooperation to counter the threat from China.

Trump’s former finance chief was sentenced to five months in Rikers Island (believe it or not) for supposedly lying to the New York attorney general’s office. Or was it that he wouldn't lie?

Speaker Mike Johnson is facing Republican pressure concerning the reauthorization of the FISA laws after it had been turned on Americans during the Obama administration.

The great state of Iowa made it a crime for a person to enter the state if they have ever been deported or denied entry into the US.

An Israeli airstrike killed three sons of Ismail Haniyeh the political leader of Hamas. Israel said they were military operatives.

Hamas said it no longer has 40 living hostages in Gaza who met the criteria for the first step of an exchange deal.

Rats breed faster than New York City can kill them. A council member wants to try using contraceptives on rats.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 weeks ago

Good morning.

OIP.wbySzv6D8uG5jrmNqQP87QAAAA?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

The state of Arizona just passed one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the country.

President Trump asked if "Arizona went too far" after its Supreme Court ruled in favor of a near-total ban on abortion:

"Yes, they did. And that will be straightened out.”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 weeks ago

Trump 1.0   " I'm pro - choice "

Trump 2.0   " I'm pro - life "

Trump 3.0   " I'm pro - Trump "

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    3 weeks ago

Democrats.

"We demand tax payer funded abortion on demand for any reason, at any time, right up to the second of birth."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.1    3 weeks ago

That was the hidden truth.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Robert in Ohio  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    3 weeks ago

John

I think the same thought progression you present can be applied to most every issue and idea that Trump has ever had.  It is all about Trump - nothing more, nothing less.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 weeks ago
"And that will be straightened out."

The-Shawshank-Redemption-quotes-1-option-3-1024x538.png

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2    3 weeks ago

Sometimes it only takes a phone call.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.3  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 weeks ago
The state of Arizona just passed one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the country.

Sorry no but you are wrong. This law was passed in 1864 before Arizona was a state. All that happened was that the Arizona Supreme Court ruled that the law to cover abortion that was passed in 2022 after Roe v Wade was overturned by SCOTUS did not repeal the 1864 law. As Roe v Wade is no longer in effect, state laws take precedence and it was determined that the 1864 law was still valid and on the books and the 2022 law did not repeal or invalidate that law.

Now the Arizona legislature could fix it but they are run by a strong Republican majority so I expect they will balk at repealing the 1864 law. I'm hoping the group pushing a change to the state constitution gets their measure on the fall ballot as I'm confident that will have sufficient votes to pass.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @1.3    3 weeks ago

I stand corrected.

Now the Arizona legislature could fix it but they are run by a strong Republican majority so I expect they will balk at repealing the 1864 law. I'm hoping the group pushing a change to the state constitution gets their measure on the fall ballot as I'm confident that will have sufficient votes to pass.

Maybe it will get straightened out. A phone call from someone might just do it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.1    3 weeks ago

It could take a phone call from E.T.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    3 weeks ago

"Those who oppose Israel's right to defend itself are taking sides with Hamas: a barbaric terrorist org that is vehemently against democracy and freedom. Hamas is committing war crimes by using the people of Gaza as a shield. This is the group the Far-Left is pressuring Biden to assist." ... John Bolton

John Bolton (@AmbJohnBolton) / X (twitter.com)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    3 weeks ago

BRAVO, John Bolton!!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    3 weeks ago

I just had to reprint this:

I was talking to my neighbor's 6-year-old daughter. She said she wanted to be president one day. Both her parents are Liberal Democrats and standing there. So, I asked her, "If you were to be president, what's the first thing you would do?" She replied: "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people. "

"Wow, that's a pretty worthy goal." I told her, "You don't have to wait to be president to do that. You can come over to my house and mow grass, pull weeds, and sweep my yard. I'll pay you $50."Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the 50 to use toward food or a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds. (remember she is 6 yrs old and her mother was glaring in the background) The little girl looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work and you can just pay him the $50?"

I replied: "Welcome to the Republican Party."

To this day, her folks still aren't talking to the neighbor.

Sassafrass84 (@Sassafrass_84) / X (twitter.com)

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    3 weeks ago

I saw the same on Instagram the other day.  Gives me a laugh every time I read it.,

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1    3 weeks ago

I love it!

George
Junior Expert
3.2  George  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    3 weeks ago

That reminds of another old joke:

A man walks into a grocery store and there is this young man with a box of puppies outside with a sign the says, 

Democrat Puppies: Free to a good home.

A few days later the man goes back to the grocery store and the young man is still there but his sign now reads,

Republican puppies: free to a good home.

So the man walks up to the little boy and asks, "a few days ago those were democrat puppies, and now they are republican puppies, what changed?

The little boy responds, "Their eyes are open now".

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  George @3.2    3 weeks ago

And a good mugging helps to open eyes.