╌>

Sheryl Sandberg's new documentary: Hamas' mass sexual violence

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 weeks ago  •  58 comments

By:   CNN's Jake Tapper

Sheryl Sandberg's new documentary: Hamas' mass sexual violence
CNN's Jake Tapper speaks with Sheryl Sandberg, Lean In founder and former chief operating officer at Meta.

Update, 5/8/2024:

Biden Tells Americans To ‘Never Forget’ Hamas Atrocities, Denounces Rising Antisemitism On Campuses

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

During the October 7 attacks on Israeli towns and at the Nova Music Festival, women and girls were raped, assaulted, and mutilated. Released hostages have revealed that Israeli captives in Gaza have also been sexually assaulted.

Despite the indisputable evidence, these atrocities have received little scrutiny from human rights groups and international organizations.

Many leading figures in politics, academia, and media have attempted to minimize or even deny that they occurred.In Screams Before Silence, a 60-minute, presenter-led documentary film, Sheryl Sandberg, former COO of Meta and founder of LeanIn.org, interviews multiple eyewitnesses, released hostages, first responders, medical and forensic experts, and survivors of the Hamas massacres. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

When this happened the silence was deafening. 

And I think its important that we never tolerate this form of sexual violence ever.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago

Preach!
jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @1.1    3 weeks ago

Preach!
jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Beseech!

jrSmiley_43_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago

We shouldn't.

But here we are with thousands of Americans supporting Hamas terrorists, er, sorry, freedom fighters, willing to look the other way.

Besides, isn't it all Israel's fault that they were all busy minding their own business when they forced Hamas to commit rape and murder?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2    3 weeks ago

The irony here is that many of the protestors screaming “I am Hamas” would be abused in the same manner …… amazingly obtuse to say the least.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @1.2.1    3 weeks ago
The irony here is that many of the protestors screaming “I am Hamas” would be abused in the same manner …… amazingly obtuse to say the least

They are naive...to say the least.

It reminds me of the "Pro-Palestine" group that calls themselves "Queers for Palestine". Incredibly, it would seem they have no idea how they would be treated if they entered Gaza (Or for that matter just about any Arab country).

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2    3 weeks ago
Besides, isn't it all Israel's fault that they were all busy minding their own business when they forced Hamas to commit rape and murder?

And it goes beyond that.

In hasn't been in the news (or not much anyway) but Israel had opened their border to Gaza twice a day. Why? Because many Gazans (who had been thoroughly vetted) crossed into Israel every morning to work at various jobs-- and returned every night.

It was a "win-win"-- Israel got workers who would work for lower wages than most Israelis would-- and the Gazans had jobs that paid them much better than any they could get in Gaza! 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @1.2.2    3 weeks ago

Or shouting death to the county that allows them to scream death to America without being shot, raped or hanged.

It defies any semblance of logic.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1.2.3    3 weeks ago

I know, it is just infuriating to see Americans supporting terrorists, I had hoped to live only long enough to never have to witness it.

And I don't think Biden demanding that Israel ensures delivery of aid to Palestinians is the right track to take, either.

Why not demand it of Palestinian leadership?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.5    3 weeks ago
And I don't think Biden demanding that Israel ensures delivery of aid to Palestinians is the right track to take, either.

I think that's strictly a political move. If the election is close, Michigan will be a key state for a Biden victory. And it has a large population of Muslims... who mostly vote overwhelmingly Democratic. But many may not time around as they at angry with Biden because they see his policy as too "pro-Israel".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @1.2.6    3 weeks ago
I think that's strictly a political move.

A horrible move IMO.

Let the radical Squad get their base all riled up.

RFK Jr may pull enough votes to really hurt if Biden doesn't appease the far-left radicals supporting the inanity in the Middle East.

But he can't do that without appearing pretty radical himself.

His handlers must really be trying to figure out how to get out of the predicament.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.5    2 weeks ago

Why not demand that Hamas, which is bound to eventually be defeated, SURRENDER to stop the war, to stop the bloodshed, to open the whole place to sufficient humanitarian aid, food, medical help, etc., to start the rebuilding?  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.2.9  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.8    2 weeks ago

Because Hamas doesn't give a shit about the Palestinians any more than Israel, Hezbollah, PA, or the US government does.

Hamas and Hezbollah leaders aren't even present where the fighting is. They are living the life in Qatar using Iranian money. The PA thinks keeping the flow of of US/Israel money coming is more important than protecting their people from Israeli settlers and the IDF in the West Bank. Israel wants the Palestinian land, not the Palestinians- they have been proving that in the West Bank and Gaza forever.

Even if Hamas surrendered tomorrow do you really think the aid would just instantly arrive? That aid workers would be safe to distribute food and medical care? That the amount would even be close to enough to fix the situation? Much the less start rebuilding. That is even assuming Israel did the bare minimum and dropped their complete blockade of Gaza; and kept their troops out of the way.

Gazans aren't stupid. Every last bomb, missile, munition, and vehicle the IDF has used against them might as well have "paid for by the US taxpayer" stamped on them. There will be those still looking for their pound of flesh against US troops and aid workers as payback. Not to mention even with Hamas gone there will be those that will still attack the IDF- even if it is just with small arms fire and rocks.

At this point the US needs to stay the fuck out; and tell all sides to fuck off. But we are too fucking stupid to ever to do that. Israel will get their billions to restock their depleted weapons systems and munitions. Maybe they will turn their attentions north to fight with Hezbollah and wreck Lebanon again. Maybe Syria needs another pounding to punctuate their civil war; and the fact that country really doesn't have a working government or authority. Or maybe they will crack down on the West Bank- which has been ignored by the world media since Oct 7; bringing their settlement expansion to new heights. The Palestinians in Gaza will get whatever portion of the 8 billion manages to make it through the cracks of whatever organizations the Brandon administration decides to filter it through. 

Why can't we get the hell out of the world's most dysfunctional sand box?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @1.2.9    2 weeks ago

As I've said before, I won't reply or even give a shit about the extreme negativity of anyone so childish as to use the word "Brandon".  

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.11  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.8    one week ago
Why not demand that Hamas, which is bound to eventually be defeated, SURRENDER to stop the war, to stop the bloodshed, to open the whole place to sufficient humanitarian aid, food, medical help, etc., to start the rebuilding?  

Political correctness?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.12  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Ronin2 @1.2.9    one week ago
Why can't we get the hell out of the world's most dysfunctional sand box?

That's what many Americans said when Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia! jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    2 weeks ago
"When this happened the silence was deafening."

IT STILL IS.  It's been out-shouted by the students across America and around the world championing the terrorist rapist monsters who I'm beginning to think should get a shot at the girls I see on the news supporting them.  Then maybe they won't have to wait to deflower their 72 virgins in the Garden of Allah. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

It happened early in Israel on October 7th. Its happening in other places in the world right now. But people are denying it because of the polarization around the October 7th attack. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

So this documentary is giving people the opportunity to hear directly from people who were there. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @3    3 weeks ago

Which in all likelihood will be called Jewish propaganda.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    3 weeks ago
Which in all likelihood will be called Jewish propaganda.

So I guess that means the film will not be shown at some of those college campuses where there are all those "Free Palestine" demonstrations?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @3.1.1    3 weeks ago

Probably not, too many fragile young minds would be blown.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    3 weeks ago
Probably not, too many fragile young minds would be blown.

I think you're right. I saw the coverage right after it happened (had to go to English versions of some Israeli news outlets)

What happened was well beyond even rape and murder-- many incidents of particularly barbaric torture.

Live babies were snatched from their mothers, put into microwaves and burned alive. A pregnant woman was soiced open in from of her family-- they took the foetus out and repeatedly slashed it with a knife. Then the husband had an eye gouged out. 

The entire attack wasn't merely a military attack-- it was deliberately designed to be extremely gruesome torture.

And the terrorists didn't want to cover it up-- in fact thatb had Go-Pro camereras on the heads to film it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @3.1.3    3 weeks ago

The terrorists are the lowest form of animals.

And I won't excuse Palestinians who eat, work, play and pray with the terrorists. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @3.1.3    2 weeks ago

So why isn't the media showing what really happened?  As I've said many many times already, where is Walter Cronkite when we really need him, and where is Paul Harvey with The Rest of the Story?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.4    2 weeks ago

Tex, even animals don't do what Hamas did.  They aren't animals, they're MONSTERS. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.1.7  GregTx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.5    2 weeks ago

They would be shouted down and canceled these days by those that don't want to hear things that don't fit their narrative. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1.8  Drakkonis  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.5    2 weeks ago
So why isn't the media showing what really happened?

Because elements of Western civilization is trying to bring down Western civilization. They are doing it through media and through the colleges and universities. They want the students doing just what they are doing and they don't want things like this video reaching them. They don't want them to think anything other than what they are being fed, which are just slogans and ideologies that make them think they're really great people for taking a stand, even if they don't understand what it is. They can't think beyond "But people are being killed". 

That's what they want. A public that has lost the ability to think, no longer have any values that are based on anything solid. Only on what they're told to hate. You can do anything with such people. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1.8    2 weeks ago

It's as if the world is heading towards dystopia.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1.8    2 weeks ago

Who knew Orwell was a prophet?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    3 weeks ago

And progressive on campus are screaming to globalize the intifada.  They want more of this, I guess.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5  Drinker of the Wry    3 weeks ago

The progressives on our campuses are too smart to fall for this Israeli propaganda.  They know that the systematic sexual violence recorded in “Screams Before Silence" was perpetrated by Hamas at all, but by the IDF.  The post-mortem genital mutilation was so easy any IDF member could do it. The live rapes were more difficult requiring trained IDF volunteers in Arab disguises.  Of course they know the the released hostage testimony is just fabrications.

Dr. Caroline Orr Bueno of the University of Maryland has spoken out that these false accusations of rape were similar to the false rape accusations against Black men during segregation, and that Israel’s response was akin to lynching Palestinians.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5    3 weeks ago
Dr. Caroline Orr Bueno of the University of Maryland

yet another esteemed "scholar" teaching dumb shit to young adults.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    2 weeks ago
Dr. Caroline Orr Bueno of the University of Maryland
yet another esteemed "scholar" teaching dumb shit to young adults.

Apparently there's the beginning of a trend-- slowly some people are waking up to the fact that a "college education" may not be worth it (the time, the effort, and the outlandish expense).

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5    one week ago

Thank you for sharing jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
6  seeder  Krishna    2 weeks ago

Apparently there's the beginning of a trend-- slowly some people are waking up to the fact that a "college education" may not be worth it (the time, the effort, and the outlandish expense).

I saw this on Twitter a while back:

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Krishna @6    2 weeks ago
some people are waking up to the fact that a "college education" may not be worth it (the time, the effort, and the outlandish expense).

Exactly, that’s why it’s more than fair for Chris to help buy out  Adam’s debt.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    2 weeks ago

Actress Susan Sarandon denies Hamas committed rape, justifies ceasefire rejections

Susan Sarandon claimed that Hamas was rejecting ceasefires because they were "terrible deals" and that accusations of Hamas committing rape were "myths."

LINK ->

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    2 weeks ago

As most know I post lots of movie articles and games and watch about one movie a day, and I promise that I will NEVER AGAIN watch a movie with that fucking piece of shit bitch in it, or use her name in any movie game I produce, or post any article about her and as far as I'm concerned it would be justifiable if she were to be treated by a whole division of her fucking Hamas heroes doing what they did to the innocent girls on October 7 and to the hostages thereafter. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    2 weeks ago

One Extremely fucked up nutcase

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    2 weeks ago

She’s been batshit crazy for some time now.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @7.2    one week ago
She’s been batshit crazy for some time now.

Yep.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    2 weeks ago
Susan Sarandon claimed that Hamas was rejecting ceasefires because they were "terrible deals" and that accusations of Hamas committing rape were "myths."

Here are the latest antics of the "peace-loving" Hamas supporters: 

Protesters at Columbia University broke windows at the Manhattan campus’ Hamilton Hall early Tuesday

I can't help but wonder...what were they thinking? 

Usually demonstrators' goal is to gain support for their cause (whatever it might be).

So I was wondering-- what were these protestors thinking?   Do they actually believe they can gain support for their cause by acting violently?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @7.3    2 weeks ago

With so many supporting the January 6 rioters they have seen what works so why not emulate.  The Columbia protesters have caused similar protests across America and around the world.  IMO evolution has become this.. .

devolve.jpg

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.3.2  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.3.1    2 weeks ago

The Jan 6th rioters? Please, they have been tracked down and charged- even overcharged in federal courts as fast as the FBI and DOJ can find them.

You want and accurate comparison? Try the Summer of Love "mostly peaceful" protestors most of whom have never been charged.

These college protestors are far leftists through and through. They may be arrested, but charged? That would mean we have a justice system where all are treated the same under the law. We haven't for a very long time. They know it and are following in the BLM and Antifa footsteps.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.3.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @7.3    one week ago
Do they actually believe they can gain support for their cause by acting violently?

Apparently so.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8  seeder  Krishna    2 weeks ago

I give Bill Maher mixed reviews-- he's has some really good shows, and some that flopped. But in this one he really explains the Arab-Israeli conflict very well:

(This came out around Christmas time, but it still timely.... he starts by talking about Bethlehem, a town that is located in what is now the West Bank):

NEW RULE - FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA - REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER | (HBO)

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8    2 weeks ago

Buzz I realize you can't see YouTube videos. However YouTube now sometimes posts transscripts so I tried to post it here-- let me know if you can see it.

Transcript

0:00
-(AUDIENCE APPLAUDING) -And finally, New Rule.
0:02
I know, it's supposed to be that magical time of year,
0:04
but maybe, what we all really need
0:06
right now, is a good dose of realism.
0:08
I see a lot of nativity scenes when I'm out,
0:10
as you always do before Christmas.
0:12
And I can't help thinking
0:13
about where that manger really is.
0:16
It's in the West Bank on Palestinian land,
0:19
controlled by the Palestinian authority.
0:22
In 1950, the little town of Bethlehem
0:24
was 86 percent Christian, now it's overwhelmingly Muslim.
0:29
And that's my point tonight, things change.
0:32
To 2.3 billion Christians, there can be no more sacred site
0:36
than where their Savior was born but they don't have it anymore.
0:39
And yet, no Crusader Army has geared up to take it back.
0:42
Things change. Countries, boundaries, empires.
0:46
Palestine was under the Ottoman Empire
0:49
for 400 years, but today, an ottoman is something
0:51
you put under your feet.
0:53
-(AUDIENCE LAUGHING, APPLAUDING) -(CLEARS THROAT)
1:01
The city of Byzantium
1:03
became the city of Constantinople,
1:05
became Istanbul. Not everybody liked it,
1:08
but you can't keep arguing the call forever.
1:11
The Irish had the entire island to themselves,
1:14
but the British were starting an Empire,
1:16
and well, the Irish lost their tip.
1:18
-(SMACKS LIPS) -(AUDIENCE LAUGHING, APPLAUDING)
1:21
-They, uh... -(AUDIENCE LAUGHING, CHEERING)
1:28
They blew each other up over it for 30 years,
1:31
but eventually everybody comes to an accommodation,
1:34
except the Palestinians.
1:37
Was it unjust
1:38
that even a single Arab family was forced to move
1:41
upon the founding of the Jewish state? Yes.
1:44
But it's also not rare.
1:45
Happening all through history, all over the world,
1:48
and mostly what people do is make the best of it.
1:51
After World War II, 12 million ethnic Germans
1:54
got shoved out of Russia, and Poland, and Czechoslovakia
1:57
because being German had become kind of unpopular.
2:00
(AUDIENCE LAUGHING)
2:02
A million Greeks were shoved out of Turkey in 1923,
2:05
a million Ghanaians out of Nigeria in 1983,
2:08
almost a million French out of Algeria in 1962,
2:12
nearly a million Syrian refugees moved to Germany
2:15
eight years ago. Was that a perfect fit?
2:19
And no one knows more about being pushed off land...
2:21
(SCOFFS) ...than the Jews.
2:22
Including being almost wholly kicked out
2:25
of every Arab country they once lived in.
2:29
-Yes, TikTok fans. Ethnic-- -(AUDIENCE LAUGHING)
2:34
Ethnic cleansing happened both ways.
2:37
In Fiddler on the Roof, the family is always moving
2:40
to stay one step ahead of the Cossacks,
2:42
but they deal with it.
2:43
When they're leaving Anatevka, they say,
2:45
"Hey, it wasn't so great anyway."
2:48
(AUDIENCE LAUGHING, APPLAUDING)
2:53
(CHUCKLES)
2:57
"Come on. Like other countries don't have roofs
3:00
-you could fiddle on." -(AUDIENCE LAUGHING)
3:02
-(CHUCKLES) -BILL MAHER: Now...
3:06
(AUDIENCE APPLAUDING)
3:09
Now, that's not how they really felt,
3:11
but they were coping. They coped.
3:14
Because sometimes, that's all you can do.
3:16
History is brutal and humans are not good people.
3:20
History is sad and full of wrongs,
3:22
but you can't make them unhappen
3:24
because a paraglider isn't a time machine.
3:27
People get moved, and yes, colonized.
3:30
Nobody was a bigger colonizer than the Muslim army
3:33
that swept out of the Arabian Desert
3:35
and took over much of the world in a single century.
3:38
And they didn't do it by asking.
3:40
There's a reason Saudi Arabia's flag is a sword.
3:43
Kosovo was the cradle of Christian Serbia,
3:46
then it became Muslim.
3:48
They fought a war about it in the '90s, but stopped.
3:52
They didn't keep it going for 75 years.
3:55
There were deals on the table
3:56
to share the land called Palestine.
3:59
In 1947, '93, '95, '98,
4:04
2000, 2008.
4:06
And East Jerusalem could have been the capital
4:08
of a Palestinian state that today might look
4:12
more like Dubai than Gaza.
4:15
Arafat was offered 95 percent of the West Bank,
4:18
and said no.
4:20
The Palestinian people should know, your leaders
4:23
and the useful idiots on college campuses
4:25
who are their allies are not doing you any favors
4:29
by keeping alive "The River to the Sea" myth.
4:32
I mean where do you think Israel is going?
4:35
-Spoiler alert, nowhere. -(AUDIENCE CHEERING, APPLAUDING)
4:46
It's one of the most powerful countries in the world
4:48
with the 500-billion-dollar economy,
4:51
the world's second largest tech sector
4:53
after Silicon Valley, and nuclear weapons.
4:56
They're here, they like their bagel
4:58
-with a shmear, get used to it. -(AUDIENCE LAUGHING, APPLAUDING)
5:08
What's happening to Palestinians today is horrible,
5:11
and not just in Gaza, in the West Bank too.
5:14
But wars end with negotiation
5:16
and what the media glosses over is--
5:18
It's hard to negotiate
5:19
when the other side's bargaining position
5:21
is you all die and disappear.
5:24
(SCOFFS) I mean, the chant "From the River to the Sea."
5:27
Yeah, let's look at the map.
5:29
Here's the river, here's the sea.
5:32
Oh, I see, it means you get all of it.
5:34
Not just the West Bank
5:36
which was basically the original UN partition deal you rejected
5:39
because you wanted all of it and always have.
5:42
Even though, it's indisputably
5:44
also the Jews' ancestral homeland.
5:46
And so, you attacked and lost. And attacked again and lost.
5:52
And attacked again and lost.
5:55
As my friend, Dr. Phil says, "How's that working for you?"
5:58
(AUDIENCE CHEERING, APPLAUDING)
6:07
Look at what Mexico used to own.
6:10
All the way up to the top of California,
6:12
but no Mexican is out there chanting,
6:14
"From the Rio Grande to Portland, Oregon."
6:16
6:26
Because they chose a different path.
6:28
They got real and built a country
6:30
that's the world's 14th biggest economy now.
6:33
Because they knew the United States
6:36
wasn't going to give back Phoenix,
6:38
any more than Hamas will ever be in Tel Aviv.
6:41
-(AUDIENCE APPLAUDING) -One of...
6:43
(AUDIENCE APPLAUDING)
6:48
One of the leaders of Hamas says...
6:59
(SCOFFS) I'm sorry, who's the one
7:01
with imaginary dreams?
7:03
If I give you the benefit of the doubt and say your plan
7:06
for a completely Jew-less Palestine
7:08
isn't that all the Jews should die.
7:10
(SMACKS LIPS) What is the only other option?
7:14
They move. You move all the Jews.
7:17
(SCOFFS) Okay, I got to warn you,
7:18
there's gonna be some kvetching.
7:20
7:23
(SCOFFS)
7:28
You move all the Jews and we do this with what?
7:31
A fleet of trucks called Jew-haul.
7:33
7:41
And to where are we moving this entire country? Texas?
7:45
-(AUDIENCE LAUGHING) -Sure, they have room
7:49
and I guess we could put the Wailing Wall on the border
7:51
and kill two birds with one stone.
7:53
-(AUDIENCE LAUGHING, APPLAUDING) -Or we could just get serious.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8.1    2 weeks ago

PERFECT!!!!  Didn't just make the audience laugh, it made me laugh out loud as well.  One of the things he said was about all the MANY offers the Palestinians were given by the Israelis for their own Palestinian State AND THEY TURNED EVERY ONE DOWN - NO NEGOTIATION, NO COUNTER-OFFER.  Why?  Because it required them to recognize that Israel was a Jewish State.  How could they possibly allow that if what never left their mind, their unending absolute requirement, was "From the river to the sea"?

By the way, I note that with all the examples he gave of colonization and pushing the indigenous people out, he failed to mention what the Europeans did to the Native Americans.  I wonder why.  

The university student protestors are totally ignorant of the reality of the situation, and it makes me realize that the decline of educating towards ability to think critically, to wade through the bullshit to discover reality, will lead to a dystopian future.  God help my young grandchildren.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Krishna @8.1    2 weeks ago

How cute Maher thinks the PA actually has control of something.

The only thing the PA is concerned about are their wallets.

Besides Israel walled in Bethlehem a long time ago- making it a little hard to get to for outsiders. Not to mention the massive settlements there.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    one week ago
Because it required them to recognize that Israel was a Jewish State.  How could they possibly allow that if what never left their mind, their unending absolute requirement, was "From the river to the sea"?

Many people think that (that Israel has too much land):

(Muslim world in green, Israel shown in red)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8.1.3    one week ago

Yes, if you can find it without a magnifying glass.  Makes me think of when I was a kid wanting to ski where there was a ski tow, but the private ski club had a tow, and a sign that said "No Jews Allowed".

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.5  MonsterMash  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.4    one week ago
the private ski club had a tow, and a sign that said "No Jews Allowed".

How did the  private ski club know someone was Jewish?  Was the ski club checking ID's to be sure no one with a Jewish last name got on the tow? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @8.1.5    one week ago

I have no idea.  Back in those days when I was a kid there were even restrictions on land titles.  There was a fancy club in Toronto that was known to not allow Jewish members, and there is a story about one time during Christmas they had a Rabbi as a guest speaker.  In the lobby they had a creche with a doll of the baby Jesus, and when the Rabbi saw it he is reputed to have asked "How did HE get in here?" 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.7  MonsterMash  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.6    one week ago
In the lobby they had a creche with a doll of the baby Jesus, and when the Rabbi saw it he is reputed to have asked "How did HE get in here?" 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8    one week ago
I give Bill Maher mixed reviews-- he's has some really good shows, and some that flopped. But in this one he really explains the Arab-Israeli conflict very well

Whoops--- I almost forgot! For many people its considered "politically incorrect" to actually watch a video before commenting on it.

Silly me!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8.2    one week ago

Or read the article on NT before commenting on it. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.2.1    one week ago
Or read the article on NT before commenting on it. 

Why should anyone bother reading an article or watching a video-- if they already know it all?