╌>

The Nova Music Festival exhibition is heartbreaking

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  2 months ago  •  16 comments

By:   Anna Rahmanan

The Nova Music Festival exhibition is heartbreaking
Ihe exhibit features recordings made by victims and terrorists during the October 7 attack in Israel.

Important Related Article:

Sheryl Sandberg's New Documentary: Hamas' Mass Sexual Violence

During the October 7 attacks on Israeli towns and at the Nova Music Festival, women and girls were raped, assaulted, and mutilated. Released hostages have revealed that Israeli captives in Gaza have  also been sexually assaulted. Despite the indisputable evidence, these atrocities have received little scrutiny from human rights groups and international organizations.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Walking into the Nova Music Festival exhibition, mounted at 35 Wall Street through May 23, feels like a celebration.

In an introductory video that lasts just a few minutes, visitors get to see images of the young festival goers dancing or describing the power of trance music and the beauty involved in the annual festivities. 

Dedicated to the harrowing accounts of the survivors of the October 7 massacre by Palestinian militant group Hamas at last year’s Nova Music Festival on the Jewish holiday of Simchat Torah, the exhibit is set up like the festival campgrounds: tents, blankets and personal objects belonging to those who actually attended the event pepper the space.

A bunch of iPhones are also plugged in and laid out on the floor. Visitors are encouraged to pick them up and watch the videos that were recorded on the devices. Fair warning, though: each one will break your heart, showing would-be victims hiding while terrorists indiscriminately shoot their kalashnikov rifles in the background.

On a recent weekday, a sense of helplessness almost defined the experience across the rooms, each one outfitted with TV screens playing horrific videos on a loop: some recorded by the 250 civilians that were taken hostage to Gaza by Hamas on that day and might still be there, others by the 1,200 people that were killed at the festival or in nearby villages.

Most shocking, although less graphic, are the clips taken by the actual terrorists who carried out the attacks. Each one shows the militants urging each other to kill the police officers and soldiers called to rescue civilians that were trapped inside the festival grounds.

In addition to the recordings, ticket holders can look through different tables, each one filled with possessions that were left behind by the victims: backpacks, shoes, clothes—displays eerily reminiscent of the ones that have come to define exhibits about the Holocaust. 

Also on premise are a number of the charred cars that were burned by terrorists on October 7 as they tried killing those attempting to flee the deadly scene and more than a couple of Porta-Potties filled with bullet holes. 

What’s particularly unique given the weight of the subject at hand is the fact that the show heavily relies on visual proof: although there are some posters explaining what happened on October 7, the vast majority of the testimonies are the ones that were recorded by both the perpetrators and the perpetrated, leaving no room for doubt when it comes to humans' potential for evil.

In a way, the Nova Music Festival Exhibition seems to urge viewers to focus on what happened on October 7 and not muse over the events that preceded or came after the terrorist attack—which is likely why the show has resonated with New Yorkers of all types. 

The Nova Music Festival exhibit is free to attend but tickets are required. You can secure passes  here .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

Non-Jewish people are coming in also,” says Kadden. “The audience has been more diverse than I had anticipated. I think that for a lot of people music is a universal language that resonates.”

That global perspective is what pushed Kadden and his co-organizers, including music entrepreneur Scooter Braun, to bring the show, which debuted in Tel Aviv as a sort of lost-and-found for the families of the victims, to New York while working on plans to take it to other major metropolitan cities.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    2 months ago

Has it attracted a group of idiots protesting and supporting their "heroic" Hamas terrorist monsters yet?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 months ago
Has it attracted a group of idiots protesting and supporting their "heroic" Hamas terrorist monsters yet?

There's not the slightest doubt that if it hasn't yet, it soon will.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    2 months ago

BTW, I've been following discussions of what happened on October 7th on various social media sites. One might assume that the "Free Palestine" crowd might argue that what happend on October 7th is justified-- or some similar argument.

But their main strategy is to totally denied it happened! They say there's no proof-- and it never happened.

Another of their arguments: Muslims couldn't possibly do such terrible things because their religion forbods it. So therefore it never happened..

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.2    2 months ago
"Another of their arguments: Muslims couldn't possibly do such terrible things because their religion forbods it. So therefore it never happened.."

THAT'S  a laugh.  The Koran TELLS them to kill the Jews.  Surely you know that bit about "There is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him" and their IMAMS preach to them that The Day of Judgment will not come until the Muslims have fought the Jews and killed them.  Do I need to provide you with proof of those things, because I can.  I've posted proof on NT of them before and will do it again. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

A bunch of iPhones are also plugged in and laid out on the floor. Visitors are encouraged to pick them up and watch the videos that were recorded on the devices. Fair warning, though: each one will break your heart, showing would-be victims hiding while terrorists indiscriminately shoot their kalashnikov rifles in the background.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2    2 months ago

The author said there were personal objects that were left behind, such as shoes and backpacks.  Did they not display what would have been truly indicative of the vicious barbarism such as torn bloodied teenage girls' panties, or maybe an eyeball that the bastards gouged out?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    2 months ago
The author said there were personal objects that were left behind, such as shoes and backpacks.  Did they not display what would have been truly indicative of the vicious barbarism such as torn bloodied teenage girls' panties, or maybe an eyeball that the bastards gouged out?

I don't know-- but the evidence is horrifying.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

When asked about the goal of the exhibit and the message that he hopes attendees will leave with, Kadden is quick to answer.

“It’s not a hope,” he says. “I know people are walking out saying ‘wow, I didn't realize these kids were so beautiful. I didn’t realize these were just kids.’”

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @3    2 months ago

I'm surprised that Guterres of the UN hasn't announced yet that a UN investigation has shown that it was actually the Israeli teenagers who attacked the peaceful Hamas attendees at the Nova concert.  After all, WHO has already disagreed with the fact that American Intelligence has indicated that an investigation of the civilian casualty numbers in Gaza are only HALF of what Hamas had announced, but WHO, the UN World Health Organization agrees with the Hamas numbers, and Guterres says that UNWRA is innocent in the face of what Israel has now proven, as indicated in these two articles in the Jerusalem Post:

IDF reveals Hamas terrorists use UN vehicles, UNRWA compound as cover in Rafah - watch

LINK ->

IDF kills Hamas terrorists embedded inside UNRWA school in Gaza Strip

LINK ->

If it were not necessary for America to retain its ability to veto resolutions in the Security Council I would think that America and western nations with integrity would quit the United Nations and tell the anti-Semitic majority there to shove their terrorist heroes up their ass. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    2 months ago

I wonder if the NT bleeding hearts are reading this - maybe they can come up with an exhibition showing that Israel DESERVED what happened on October 7 and that Israel is committing a genocide in Gaza.  Now, have they said ANYTHING about the fact that the Hamas militants hide themselves among the civilians and use them as human shields making it almost impossible to separate them, and the militants use hospitals and schools and mosques to hide themselves and their weapons and of course UNRWA allows their facilities to be used by them as well as has been proven now with videos.  Has ANYONE demanded that Hamas SURRENDER to stop the bloodshed, to bring an end to the war and the deprivations being suffered by the innocent civilians Hamas was responsible to protect and not endanger?  NO.  NO WAY has ANYONE tried to stop the terrorists, but only tried to stop those who are trying to stop the terrorists.  SOME FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT WORLD WE LIVE IN.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    2 months ago
Now, have they said ANYTHING about the fact that the Hamas militants hide themselves among the civilians and use them as human shields making it almost impossible to separate them, and the militants use hospitals and schools and mosques to hide themselves and their weapons and of course UNRWA allows their facilities to be used by them as well as has been proven now with videos.

Perhaps they haven't said anything because they aren't aware of any of this...?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.1    2 months ago

They're DAMN WELL AWARE OF it but it goes unsaid because it doesn't discredit Israel and justifies what Israel is forced to do.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.1    2 months ago

I was quite surprised this morning to see on China's CGTN (China Global Television Network) News the videos I linked to above showing UNRWA's complicity and cooperation with Hamas, due to the fact that China much to my chagrin happens to be biased in favour of the Palestinians and Hamas.  Now let's see what lies Guterres of the UN can come up with to cover his previous lies about UNRWA's complete "innocence" in the conflict. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.2    2 months ago
Now let's see what lies Guterres of the UN can come up with to cover his previous lies about UNRWA's complete "innocence" in the conflict. 

Maybe he will just outright deny it happened.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.1.3    2 months ago

Or just ignore it.  After all, I'm sure at least 140 nations will agree with him.