╌>

Trying to turn it around

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  32 comments

Trying to turn it around
"This is one of the hardest, most complicated problems in the world. There's nothing easy about it," Biden said. "I know it angers and frustrates many of you, including my family, but most of all, I know it breaks your heart. It breaks mine as well."

The Biden campaign is now actively trying to turn the corner as it faces a very depressing scenario in key battleground states.
The polling conducted by The New York Times, Siena College and The Philadelphia Inquirer found that former President Trump was ahead among registered voters in a head-to-head matchup against Mr. Biden in five of six key states: Michigan, Arizona, Nevada, Georgia and Pennsylvania. Mr. Biden led among registered voters in only one battleground state, Wisconsin.  What is worse is that the polling indicates an erosion of support for the president among young and nonwhite voters upset about the economy and Gaza. The polls have been very consistent for about a year now, despite the endless lawfare aimed at Donald Trump.

This has led the Biden campaign to desperate measures. One was to challenge Donald Trump to a debate (with conditions & restrictions to be conducted by partisan news organizations) and as we know Trump immediately accepted. Next was Biden doing the commencement speech at Morehead College. That happens to be a college for black men, the key demographic that the Biden campaign is now worried about. In the above-mentioned poll Biden has support from 60% of Black voters, while Trump is backed by 20% of Black voters. Biden won Black voters in the 2020 election by a 87%-12% margin, according to exit polls.

Yesterday, Joe Biden, (once again medicated with something), delivered his speech which was typically one of pandering:

"What is democracy if Black men are being killed in the street? What is democracy if the trail of broken promises still leave Black communities behind?" Biden said. "What is democracy if you have to be ten times better than anyone else to get a fair shot? Most of all, what does it mean, as you've heard before, to be a Black man who loves his country even if it doesn't love him back in equal measure?"

Biden in Morehouse commencement speech warns of 'extremist forces' (usatoday.com)

There were no major disruptions during Biden's speech, though a few students walked out when Biden received an honorary Morehouse degree. Outside the college there were protestors chanting "Genocide Joe."

In other news:

Good news for the world: Ebrahim Raisi, the president of Iran, died in a helicopter crash, his hardline extremist foreign minister died with him.

Taiwan’s new president, Lai Ching-te, was sworn in today. He said he would strengthen ties with the West and resist threats from China.

Gazans are fleeing Jabaliya, in northern Gaza, as Israel pursues a new offensive there.

A Senate inquiry found that BMW imported cars to the U.S. are tied to forced labor in China. How does unionized car makers compete with that?

Amal Clooney advised the ICC to issue arrest warrants for Netanyahu and Hamas leaders.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Good morning.

Harrison Butker got me thinking about the role of women and following his lead; therefore, I would like to congratulate those who have taken care of themselves as well as passed along traits to their daughters:

GN02ElBWgAA9XMS?format=jpg&name=small
From left to right: daughter, Mom, GrMom.
(1) Denise 🤌🤌🤌🤌 (@NoDMsPerfavore) / X  

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago

“Scientists now believe that the primary biological function of breasts is to make males stupid.” ~ Dave Barry

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Kavika   replied to  afrayedknot @1.1    2 months ago
“Scientists now believe that the primary biological function of breasts is to make males stupid.” ~ Dave Barry

Once again, Dave Barry is proven correct by a comment on NT.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @1.1.1    2 months ago

Remember the fine line of skirting. Never make it obvious.

Btw, what does Barry say about angry, bitter women on the left?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    2 months ago
Remember the fine line of skirting. Never make it obvious.

What skirting? I simply pointed out the truth in Dave Barry's statement by using your comment which is there for all of NT to see. 

Btw, what does Barry say about angry, bitter women on the left?

I have no idea but I hope it's as good as what he said about about boobs.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago
"Ebrahim Raisi, the president of Iran, died in a helicopter crash, his hardline extremist foreign minister died with him."

Haven't they blamed the "Zionist Regime" yet?

Same as everyone else here, I'm being "forced" to enjoy a very comfortable and happy life that I could not possibly afford elsewhere, especially North America.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2    2 months ago
Haven't they blamed the "Zionist Regime" yet?

There is one obscure news outlet questioning if Mossad had anything to do with it.

Let's just say they won't be missed.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 months ago

And, exactly as expected, here we go...

Anti-Israel activists blame Israel for Raisi helicopter crash

A Hamas-affiliated Telegram account took seriously an Israeli joke about a Mossad agent named "Eli Copter" being responsible for the crash, repeating the claim before deleting the post. 

LINK ->   Anti-Israel activists blame Israel for death of Iranian president - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Yep, it was Special Mossad Agent Eli Copter who did it, with the assistance of James Bond and Pogo.   jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Read the linked article, they really did jump on faulting Israel for the crash. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.2    2 months ago

I see.

This time they blamed the weather and the Jews!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.3    2 months ago

Both are inevitable.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago
In other news:

gee, there seems to be some actual current news events missing ...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.3    2 months ago

You mean the one that MSNBC and CNN has allocated wall-to-wall coverage to?

That is kind of anti-climactic at this point, don't you think?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.1    2 months ago

I'm still waiting for an explanation why some people think that un-indicted co-conspirator number 1 shouldn't serve time like the other 2 convicted criminals did ...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

The ICC has proven its fundamental illegitimacy by seeking arrest warrants against Israeli officials in the middle of a war. To aid our ally Israel, the U.S. should take steps both in Congress and in the White House to condemn the ICC and impose sanctions, as I have previously suggested . ... John Bolton

ICC Prosecutor Requests Warrants for Netanyahu and Hamas Leaders - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    2 months ago

turn gaza into a homeland for corrupt religious radicals, create a perimeter around it, and airdrop ammo in until the shooting stops...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @3.1    2 months ago

A transfer would solve it. Jordan has plenty of room.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    2 months ago

I'm referring to all religious radicals. maybe dennis prager can arrange one of those types of biblical tours...

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     2 months ago
A Senate inquiry found that BMW imported cars to the U.S. are tied to forced labor in China. How does unionized car makers compete with that?

Strange, since on the other hand they are the largest exporter of autos by value from the US for nine consecutive years.

Yes, BMW Manufacturing has been the largest automotive exporter by value in the United States for nine consecutive years, including 2022. In 2022, the plant in Spartanburg, South Carolina exported $9.6 billion in vehicles, including 227,029 sports activity vehicles and coupes. The plant's vehicles are shipped to about 120 global markets, with Germany being the top export market at 15.5%. Other top export markets include China (13.5%), South Korea (12.8%), Canada (7.5%), and Great Britain (5.6%). 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @4    2 months ago

Why is that strange?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

: Ebrahim Raisi, the president of Iran, died in a helicopter crash, his hardline extremist foreign minister died with him.

Strange that the last thing he tweeted  was "I have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    2 months ago

She may be worse than Murder Inc ....LMAO!

GN_1JMdWQAEeln4?format=jpg&name=small

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    2 months ago
Strange that the last thing he tweeted  was "I have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton"

They don't have a Clue!

But here's the truth: It was Hillary in the War Room with the Space Laser!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Biden: "I got more Morehouse men in the White House telling me what to do than I know what to do! You all think I'm kidding, don't you?"

Fact Check: No Morehouse College graduates have ever worked in the Biden administration. The last Morehouse grad was Jamal Simmons, former communications director for Kamala Harris.

GN9g-cKXYAAl4YG?format=jpg&name=small

RNC Research on X: "Biden — pandering in Atlanta: "I got more Morehouse men in the White House telling me what to do than I know what to do! You all think I'm kidding, don't you?" https://t.co/XTWlDxJDTO" / X

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

T he Georgia Election Board voted Tuesday to reprimand Fulton County for its conduct of the 2020 election and direct the appointment of an independent monitor to oversee this fall's general election.

The   Georgia Recorder   reported that the 2-1 vote came after investigators from the Georgia secretary of state's office confirmed the county double-scanned 3,075 ballots during a statewide recount of the 2020 presidential election.

Election Integrity Win in Georgia: Election Board Reprimands Fulton County, Will Appoint Monitor for 2024 (msn.com)

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
7.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 months ago
the Georgia secretary of state's office confirmed the county double-scanned 3,075 ballots during a statewide recount of the 2020 presidential election.

And we are told there were no irregularities in the election.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7.1    2 months ago

Fulton County would be the epicenter starting with halting vote counting for a "burst pipe."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

As the Cohen testimony ends today:

NEW YORK (Reuters) -Donald Trump's former fixer Michael Cohen testified on Monday that he stole money from Trump's company, an admission that could chip away at his credibility as a star witness at the former U.S. president's hush money trial.

Questioned by Trump's lawyer Todd Blanche, Cohen acknowledged stealing from the Trump Organization by including a reimbursement to a technology company in his bonus package and pocketing most of the money.

"So you stole from the Trump Organization, right?" Blanche asked.

"Yes sir," Cohen, 57, testified.

Cohen said he paid roughly $20,000 of the $50,000 that Trump's company owed to the tech company in cash, handing it off in a brown paper bag at his office. He said he kept the rest. He was reimbursed $100,000 total by the Trump Organization for that payment.

Cohen acknowledges stealing from Trump at hush money trial (msn.com)

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    2 months ago

That’s a far more serious crime than what trump is accused of.

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    2 months ago
Cohen said he paid roughly $20,000 of the $50,000 that Trump's company owed to the tech company in cash, handing it off in a brown paper bag at his office. He said he kept the rest. He was reimbursed $100,000 total by the Trump Organization for that payment.

a quick study from his now estranged mentor...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @8.2    2 months ago

He should be even quicker sued, charged, and sent back to prison.

Unfortunately Democrats do love their criminals. So only the sued part will probably happen.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
9  Nerm_L    2 months ago

Joe Biden is even dividing the Black community.  Now that truly demonstrates mastery of Democrat politics.

BTW, Joe Biden challenging Donald Trump to debate may come from an expectation that Trump will be in jail before then.  That's consistent with Biden's botched up blue-sky planning on everything else.  Trump making it to the debates would be a triumph that Biden's most loyal surrogates in the unbiased liberal press cannot overcome.  If Democrats don't convict then Republicans may just evict.  Good luck, Joe, because that's all you got left in the arsenal.  

And Trump still hasn't named a VP pick.  There's nothing Biden can do about that, either.  The longer Trump delays, the greater the threat to the Biden/Harris ticket.  It's already too late to change the Democrat ticket (Biden has sewed up the primaries).  Biden now must wait till the end of August for any hope of an easy bump in the polls.  Or a divided convention that tarnishes whatever brass Biden has left. 

So, it may already be too late for Biden to turn things around.  Reliable voting blocks don't seem motivated to give Biden a break.  Biden seems to be drifting toward over-pandering, too, which will only convince the electorate of Biden's desperation.  Too bad Kamala Harris turned out to be more of a liability than asset.  Maybe Biden should have chosen a Morehouse man.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
10  Greg Jones    2 months ago

A conviction is not likely at this point. Trump doing perp walk and any time behind bars for an alleged bookkeeping error is even less likely. All this sham trial is likely to do is put a lot more people in the Trump camp.