╌>

Deportation Shield

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  4 months ago  •  275 comments

Deportation Shield
Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, posted on social media about the policy when it was initially reported, but before it was officially announced. “Translation: President Biden is planning to usurp the Legislative Branch and change the law out of thin air to make millions of illegal immigrants permanent residents.”

Yesterday, president Biden announced a large-scale immigration program that will offer legal status and an easy path to U.S. residency and citizenship to roughly half a million unauthorized immigrants married to American citizens. Under the plan, people without legal status who are married to U.S. citizens will be able to apply for citizenship without first leaving the country. The figure is an estimate and those under consideration must have lived in the US over 10 years.

As it stands now, federal law states people who enter the country illegally have to leave before receiving a green card. In order to receive a green card, the person would then have to come back into the country. The difference with the Biden administration policy would be that instead of leaving the country, the person without legal status could remain in the country.

Is there any further doubt that Biden & the left intended all along that these people would replace US citizens?

As it is these people are counted by the US census and figured into state's allotment of Representatives to the US House of Representatives. They are also a tax burden for the nation and have overwhelmed many states' social services. There is also the question of human trafficking, drug smuggling, criminal gangs, criminal individuals and terrorists entering a long with them.

Some may recall that on his FIRST day in office, Biden signed an executive order to defund the wall and to terminate the border emergency. He also froze deportations that day, then eliminated the Remain in Mexico policy.

This move from our degenerate leader is intended to head off what is likely to happen should Donald Trump be reelected this November:

Trump at a campaign rally in Phoenix had this to say: “On the first day of my presidency, I will close the borders, stop the invasion and begin the largest deportation operation in US history. We have no other choice. Biden leaves us no other choice."

In other news:

The US Senate is conducting hearings into the origins of the pandemic. The possibility of a lab leak, once called "a conspiracy theory" is looking more and more like the origin.

A New York Court of Appeals rejected Donald Trump's appeal of a clearly questionable "gag order."

Vladimir Putin visited North Korea to cement further ties of solidarity against the US. North Korea will provide Russia with ammunition.

The U.S. budget deficit will jump to $1.915 trillion for fiscal 2024, topping last year's $1.695 trillion gap as the largest outside the COVID-19 era, the Congressional Budget Office said on Tuesday, citing increased spending for a 27% increase over its previous forecast.

The computer chip maker Nvidia surpassed Microsoft and Apple to become the world's most valuable public company.

Officials declared heat wave emergencies in northeastern states, and temperatures rose above 100 degrees in Maine.

Archaeologists found 35 bottles of preserved fruit under George Washington’s Virginia mansion.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Good morning.

Baseball has lost one of its greatest players:

19themorning-nl-williemays2-jumbo.jpg

Willie Mays died at age 93.

He was electric in the field, earning 12 Gold Gloves. He had 660 home runs.

“Numbers and accolades tell only part of his story,”  The Times’s Kurt Streeter writes . “For it was how Mays played — the way he bent the confines of baseball to his will with his smarts, his speed, his style and his power — that set him apart as the most deeply beloved of stars.”

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

Jerry west, the say hey kid…we lost some of the all time greats recently.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1    4 months ago

Now I really feel old.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

I remember a lecture by a baseball coach 60 years ago about not trying to emulate may's basket catches.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.2    4 months ago

My coach kind of gave me the same lecture in a different way.

He asked me if they played Baseball that way in Poland.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Migrant accused of sexually assaulting 13-year-old girl in NYC park was ordered removed by an immigration judge two years ago.

GQX8hfYXIAEv6qS?format=jpg&name=small
Migrant accused of sexually assaulting girl, 13, in NYC park was ordered removed by an immigration judge years ago (nypost.com)

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 months ago

I don’t know how the open borders people live with themselves

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    4 months ago

It must be that they hate the country, its founding, its culture and the people who live in it.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    4 months ago

AT its core, that’s what the successor ideology that progressives now subscribe  to teaches.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.2    4 months ago

That America is an evil, irreversibly racist country?

American higher education for God only knows how long.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    4 months ago
It must be that the hate the country

nah, just the xenophobic maga morons that live in it...

too bad the GOP blew off the best immigration deal they were ever going to get, at the whim of a convicted felon.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.1.4    4 months ago

So, you do hate some people.

Is maga morons your euphemism for working Americans?

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    4 months ago

no, gullible and ignorant americans by accident of birth...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.1.6    4 months ago

I find that people start out impressionable. Gullible enters in when you let a professor teach you how to think.

The result is ignorance and a meaningless diploma.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    4 months ago

Just saw this and it seems fitting.  “Here is Louis CK explaining the left wants open borders because they believe America deserves to be destroyed since it is so much better than other countries This is what the Left actually believes”

When they start talking, the crazy just pours out.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.8    4 months ago

Oh, ya different is better, no gated community.

I don't think he realizes it, but after any reasonable human being listens to that, they are ready to vote for Trump.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @2.1.4    4 months ago

34 times convicted felon

lol

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.9    4 months ago

'ready to vote for #34'

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.8    4 months ago

'When they start talking, the crazy just pours out'

WOW!

YA, PROJECTION, they sure do.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.12    4 months ago

wish I could edit my comments

via projection the crazy does indeed just pour out

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.14  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    4 months ago

You can keep trotting out thugs and goons one by one. . . and yet it won't prove any implication that all migrants are goons and thugs. That would be a lie straight out of hell. Deal with goons and thugs as such and get on with the business of living. Enough with trying to blow shit out of proportion. And for the record, this nation knows 'perfectly' how to deal with people who come here that are not right: Get in line. Stop demonizing good people!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.14    4 months ago

No one has to trot anyone out, the criminals eventually and usually end up exposing themselves.

Biden deserves a little credit for it 

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.16  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.15    4 months ago

Let's cut through the bull and talk 'turkey': Some MAGAs are not over-worried about migrants and migration, y'all are worried about WHO is coming not being to your liking. Well, I have news for MAGAs some of those people coming will be of different stripes, some even conservative in their politics once established here and nearly all will be grateful for the chance to show their value once given the chance.

Of course, criminals (thugs/conmen/goons) will do what is in their hearts and so law enforcement ought to/will pick their sorry carcasses up and put them in jail awaiting a charge and a court date. . . as it has always been done. BTW, some of those goons/thugs/conmen will have been properly let into the country before they show their wicked intentions!

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.17  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    4 months ago
So, you do hate some people.

Apparently more than half the country

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.16    4 months ago

Not interested in the usual ranting about MAGA.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.19  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.18    4 months ago

The conversation is gonna be coming anyway as long as MAGAs keep 'it' up, so you might as well get there.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.19    4 months ago

Nah, no sense in reading the same old MAGA, MAGA, MAGA trash again, as it hasn't changed any.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.21  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.20    4 months ago

You may have no choice but to do so, because it will be in the comments that come your way. Do you. :) You get the last word!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.21    4 months ago

I always have a choice.

Drivel oft-repeated is boring and unproductive, but hey, MAGAS!!!!!!!

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.23  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    4 months ago

Well, that would be wrong, because it makes no sense to hate one's true home. Unless, that home does not reflect its people's wishes as a whole. Maybe guess again.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.24  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    4 months ago

Wow. No respect for education. . . that's. . .well. . that. This nation has a problem. . . the schools are full and yet they are probably missing a few thousand MAGAs who prefer (cherish) home schooling so they don't have to mix with those 'Others.' jrSmiley_22_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.24    4 months ago
No respect for education. . 

Clearly not stated or implied.

But, yeah, MAGA!!!!!!!

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.26  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.25    4 months ago

Don't expect you to own anything that a liberal brings up or states. MAGAs like being contrarian. They seem to think it gets them somewhere. Alas, all it becomes is 'filler' and we don't need or have anything around here to stuff!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.27  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.25    4 months ago
Gullible enters in when you let a professor teach you how to think.
The result is ignorance and a meaningless diploma.

Yes, week in and week out the author rails against education, particularly college education and college professors.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.26    4 months ago
Don't expect you to own anything that a liberal brings up or states. 

Excellent,  i would never highjack someone else's comment and own it.

MAGAs like being contrarian. They seem to think it gets them somewhere. Alas, all it becomes is 'filler' and we don't need or have anything around here to stuff!

I may take your word on that. you seem to know a lot of MAGAs and what they think.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.27    4 months ago

Maybe I look at his actual words and see his meaning differently.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.30  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.28    4 months ago

I know that Donald promised to end Obamacare and well he lied: 'Promise NOT kept'. . . four more years of Obamacare in the health and wellness category: DONE!

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.31  CB  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.27    4 months ago

I once explained that it is those elites that gave us Einstein and Oppenheimer. . . just when we needed the science they possessed the most. Just imagine had those German families stayed 'put' in the Fatherland what might have become of us. . . running around un-super-powered today!

So the haters are really hating their own success spawned by 'elites.' :)

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2.1.32  afrayedknot  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.27    4 months ago

“..,week in and week out…”

One could intellectually argue ‘weak in and weak out’…but only if one is taught how to think as opposed to what to think.

Not everyone had the opportunity to experience that level of education and it actually matters not…it is how one processes information, what one reads, and how one implements those lessons in application. 

I cherish my time spent at every school I attended and every teacher…from elementary to middle to secondary to undergrad to masters. And all public and/or self supported.

It sometimes angers me when others are so desperate in their desire to disparage that they ignore all those that have benefited from countless people’s efforts. 

But any anger is solely on them and is as easily dismissed as their ignorance. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.33  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.30    4 months ago
I know that Donald promised to end Obamacare and well he lied: 'Promise NOT kept'. . . four more years of Obamacare in the health and wellness category: DONE

That's wonderful, truly, but doesn't have anything at all to do with my post AT ALL.

It's funny how you seem to think I give a shit about what Trump says, or does, or thinks.

I don't, for the record 

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.34  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.33    4 months ago
It's funny how you seem to think I give a shit about what Trump says, or does, or thinks. I don't, for the record. 

Stellar. Kindly don't tell me how to speak about MAGAs going forward because to understand what you say, you don't give a shit about Donald/MAGAs, anyway.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.35  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.34    4 months ago
Kindly don't tell me how to speak about MAGAs going forward because to understand what you say, you don't give a shit about Donald/MAGAs, anyway.

I didn't tell you how to to speak about MAGAs. If you read what I actually wrote, you would find I merely asked you not to bore me with the tripe.

Kindly don't talk to me about that MAGA bullshit to me then, and we'll both be fine!

I'm glad you were able to acknowledge that I don't give a shit about Trump or MAGA.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.36  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.35    4 months ago

2.1.21 , and original  You get the last word (again)!   Go !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.37  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.36    4 months ago

Well, I guess I can just ignore all the irrelevant crap about Trump and MAGA. 

Won't be the first time I had to do so because people post inanities about them to me as if they "think" I am one.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.36    4 months ago
You get the last word (again)!   Go !

Seems strange that I could get the last word AGAIN if I truly HAD the last word to begin with.

GO!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.39  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  devangelical @2.1.4    4 months ago
nah, just the xenophobic maga morons that live in it...

You have always had the option to leave.  Maybe you can find a place in Gaza or N. Korea.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.40  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.15    4 months ago
No one has to trot anyone out, the criminals eventually and usually end up exposing themselves. Biden deserves a little credit for it 

As evidenced by the little Hamas members in college campuses that destroy property and assault Jewish students.

We can thank Biden for these criminals' audacity. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 months ago
accused of sexually assaulting girl, 13

... he should've claimed he was an evangelical pastor, and trump's spiritual advisor.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.2    4 months ago

Or the 46th president.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    4 months ago

Why?  President Biden has never been convicted of rape, #34 was.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 months ago
Migrant accused of sexually assaulting 13-year-old girl in NYC park was ordered removed by an immigration judge two years ago.

This is sad and horrible, but what the fuck does it have to do with the recent action by the Biden administration to provide relief and protections for undocumented immigrants married to Americans? I'm frankly sick and tired of the conservative's bullshit tactic of smearing every undocumented immigrant as some drug dealing rapist caricature, the notion of which is clearly absurd to anyone with more than half a brain. But then again, most conservatives I know cling to completely absurd beliefs and have their heads firmly stuffed up their own asses and don't give two shits about anyone but themselves, so I guess it's just par for the course for them.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.3.1  Gazoo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.3    4 months ago

I'm frankly sick and tired of the conservative's bullshit tactic of smearing every undocumented immigrant as some drug dealing rapist caricature,”

Who the fuck is doing that? I do see people bashing illegals that commit horrendous crimes in the US. And i wonder why some fucktards that have their heads firmly stuffed up their asses find it necessary to defend ALL illegals when one thug illegal is being chided for committing a crime against a fellow American.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @2.3.1    4 months ago

Who is doing that?

Just check out the Daily Dump and the Weekly Dump

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @2.3.1    4 months ago

Who is doing that?

DP made a comment to 'who the fuck is doing that'

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Gazoo @2.3.1    4 months ago
Who the fuck is doing that?

Republican's front runner has been doing it for years which should be beyond obvious... or have you just woken up from a coma or had your head stuck in the sand?

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists." - Donald J Trump

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3  Nerm_L    4 months ago

[] Biden's inflation [] affects the Federal budget. Biden's first budget of $6 trillion has to be increased to $7.2 trillion just to keep pace with inflation in providing the same level of pandering to the various demographics of the Democrat coalition. And that doesn't include the increased cost of servicing the national debt. And now Biden is creating another crisis where Blacks and Hispanics will be fighting each other over a shrinking Federal money tree.

Biden has screwed this pooch three ways to Sunday. There's going to be a heckuva pregnant pause before the next mid-term election. But it's not Joe's fault. Joe is just a sympathetic, elderly fellow with a bad memory.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @3    4 months ago
Blacks and Hispanics are going to be fighting each other over access to white pocketbooks. 

That has to be the line of the day. Let me think on that one.

But it's not Joe's fault.  Joe is just a sympathetic, elderly fellow with a bad memory.

Robert Hur finally certified him as such.

Elon Musk says the federal government is spending America into oblivion.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    4 months ago
Blacks and Hispanics are going to be fighting each other over access to white pocketbooks. 
That has to be the line of the day. Let me think on that one.

Sounds racist to me. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    4 months ago
Sounds racist to me. 

What doesn't?

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    4 months ago

Thank goodness my pocketbook is thicker than many white folks so us Red folk won't be fighting over theirs. I do my best to help them empty their pocketbooks, Casino's - Redman's revenge...LOL

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @3.1.3    4 months ago

The Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation has one of the best casinos in the country.

As for pocketbooks, I wouldn't worry so much about whites.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.4    4 months ago
The Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation has one of the best casinos in the country.

Nice, but not nearly as nice as the Hard Rock or Mystic Lake.

As for pocketbooks, I wouldn't worry so much about whites.

I don't worry about them at all, I'm happy to accept their contribution to the Casino of their choice.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    4 months ago

It is.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    4 months ago

Blacks and hispanics trying to get into white pocketbooks sounds like a perfectly normal comment to you? 

Quit while you are behind, before it gets worse. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3.1.8  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.7    4 months ago
Blacks and hispanics trying to get into white pocketbooks sounds like a perfectly normal comment to you? 

So you actually think Biden's racial politics is intended to gain access to Black and Hispanic pocketbooks?  Before we know it the claim will become Blacks are paying reparations to themselves.

Attempting to use allegations of racism to disguise the Democrats' agenda won't avoid competition among the minorities for Federal preferences, favoritism, and monetary support.  Affirmative action has not been color blind.  But now Biden has opened affirmative action to more minorities. 

The coming political race war really will be between Black and Hispanic voters; each have separate agendas and seek separate political advantages.  Biden is trying to start another dog fight and after the fight starts Biden will step back and claim to be a compromiser.  Unless, of course, you think Biden is doing all of this just to benefit the white oppressors.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Fox Promotes Peter Doocy and Jacqui Heinrich to "Senior White House Correspondents"

th?id=OVFT.SjWH3SC8OM8qnNhTcgyoci&pid=News&w=300&h=186&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90
Fox News' Peter Doocy, Jacqui Heinrich Promoted to Senior White House Correspondents (msn.com)

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    4 months ago

Well done for asking the white house questions tougher than what Joe's favorite ice cream flavor is

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

I guess I should congratulate the Boston Celtics on their 18th Title.

th?id=OVFT.DKUMUweWc8afNbWU8anMry&pid=News&w=300&h=186&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

GQYGkiLaIAE0E4J?format=jpg&name=small

Free Entrance Days in the National Parks (U.S. National Park Service) (nps.gov)

The National Park Service thinks that Juneteenth is Independence Day ?

What happened to the 4th of July ?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    4 months ago

"The Left has worked hard to co-opt the holiday and use it as a tool to divide their countrymen and to replace the real Independence Day. It began on the first federal Juneteenth, when Democratic leaders tied the 156-year-old holiday to the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis. Then, the Left named the national holiday “Juneteenth National Independence Day,” setting it up in opposition to July 4."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1    4 months ago

We owe it all to Joe Biden and his attempt to win a second term.

Believe it or not it is a national holiday today and up until a few years ago I doubt many Americans had ever heard of the "word" Juneteenth.

Thanks Joe.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.2  afrayedknot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1    4 months ago

“…setting it up in opposition to July 4."

Not in opposition to but in respect to the freedoms every citizen must be entitled to in our constitutionality driven promise. Unless, of course, there are somehow two tiers of liberty. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.1    4 months ago

I not only heard of it but celebrated it in South Dallas in the 1970s...Today, our community is having a great celebration of Junteenth, sponsored by the black families that live here where they cook all the food and the rest of us join in. There will be Asian, Hispanic, NAs and believe it or not white folks there all having a great time. Dems, republicans and independents all enjoying themselves and some learning what it's all about. The proceeds of the tickets will all go to a charity in Ocala for abused and neglected kids. The black families and footing the bill for all the food. 

Too bad where you live or is it just you that has such a negative attitude towards this?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @6.1.3    4 months ago
I not only heard of it but celebrated it in South Dallas in the 1970s.

I'm sure you heard of it and Texas would be a place where it would be celebrated.

Today, our community is having a great celebration of Junteenth, sponsored by the black families that live here where they cook all the food and the rest of us join in. There will be Asian, Hispanic, NAs and believe it or not white folks there all having a great time. Dems, republicans and independents all enjoying themselves and some learning what it's all about. The proceeds of the tickets will all go to a charity in Ocala for abused and neglected kids. The black families and footing the bill for all the food. 

Glad to hear it. I love Ocala (except for that airport)

Too bad where you live or is it just you that has such a negative attitude towards this?

A negative attitude towards people celebrating a holiday?   Lol, Wrong again.

A negative attitude toward a president pandering for votes?  Absolutely.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.4    4 months ago
Glad to hear it. I love Ocala (except for that airport)

Wrong city, we do not have a public airport.

A negative attitude towards people celebrating a holiday?   Lol, Wrong again.

Your words and attitude over your time on NT state differently.

A negative attitude toward a president pandering for votes?  Absolutely.

I'm sure you do, kinda of like Trump pandering at a Black Church for black votes...LMAO put your other foot in your mouth, Vic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @6.1.5    4 months ago
Your words and attitude over your time on NT state differently.

As your friend always says: "don't put words in my mouth."

kinda of like Trump pandering at a Black Church

Not even close to declaring a holiday for people Biden once called "Predators."

Have a good one.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.6    4 months ago
As your friend always says: "don't put words in my mouth."

I don't have to, I simply have to quote you.

Not even close to declaring a holiday for people Biden once called "Predators."

Only in the mind of blind partisans and as Trump once said that he ''looked more Indian than Indians''....LOL, blind ass and making accusations that the Reservations were run by the Mafia and for that he paid a $250,000 fine.

Cheers.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.8  devangelical  replied to  afrayedknot @6.1.2    4 months ago

I can't remember not having a juneteenth celebration in denver...

the jazz and the food were always my favorite parts.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @6.1.5    4 months ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Awesome!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Kavika @6.1.3    4 months ago
the black families that live here where they cook all the food and the rest of us join in.

That sounds eerily familiar to what is being celebrated.................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @6.1.3    4 months ago

It appears to be only rwnj's who have such a negative attitude towards this.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @6.1.7    4 months ago

Wow, #34 is such a fucking moron isn't it?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.13  afrayedknot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.10    4 months ago

“That sounds eerily familiar to what is being celebrated.................”

And it should be celebrated, not chastised. The consternation is what sadly sounds eerily familiar. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.14  Kavika   replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.10    4 months ago
That sounds eerily familiar to what is being celebrated.

Best you stay out of any Juneteenth celebrations since it seems rather difficult for you to actually understand what it's about and how people of other colors, in this case brown, yellow, and red join black and celebrate, it doesn't sound eerily familiar at all. Perhaps it's just some white people that have that  ''feeling''.....Maybe it brings up very bad memories of how the blacks and other minorities were treated. 

Think on that for a bit.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.15  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Kavika @6.1.14    4 months ago

Think about this for a minute. Who is doing all the cooking for the rest to celebrate? 

memories of how the blacks and other minorities were treated. 

Indeed

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.16  afrayedknot  replied to  Kavika @6.1.14    4 months ago

“Think on that for a bit.”

There is so little thinking and so much champing on the bit. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.17  Kavika   replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.15    4 months ago
Think about this for a minute. Who is doing all the cooking for the rest to celebrate? 

Of course, the blacks are doing the cooking and it will be dishes that are very popular in the black community and they want to share. They arranged the celebration from start to finish so to those of us that can think things through it isn't anything that would be considered racist or bigoted. 

It really is best if you quit while you're behind, your argument sounds at best hollow and at worst bigoted.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.18  afrayedknot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.15    4 months ago

“Who is doing all the cooking for the rest to celebrate? “ 

And who discounts all the cooking and the hospitality and the remembrance and the celebration? There are no ‘rest’ of us, unless you feel disenfranchised…if so, there is a great example before you and a valuable lesson to be learned today. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.19  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @6.1.17    4 months ago

No one has to care about Juneteenth if they dont want to.  The whining about things like this is depressing.  

Why cant white people have their own Juneteenth? 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.20  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @6.1.17    4 months ago
Of course, the blacks are doing the cooking and it will be dishes that are very popular in the black community and they want to share.

I started a pork shoulder late last night that I'll pull in a couple of hours, with slaw for those that don't want their sandwich nakid, dressed.  My wife is making a wilted greens with bacon and red rice.  A rum spiked watermelon will be dessert.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.21  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  afrayedknot @6.1.18    4 months ago
There are no ‘rest’ of us,

See 6.1.3

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1    4 months ago

Sounds like a whackjob conspiracy theory to me.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  afrayedknot @6.1.16    4 months ago

Obviously no thinking at all.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @6.1.17    4 months ago

Again, AWESOME, ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.15    4 months ago

Think about WHAT for a minute?

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.26  afrayedknot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.21    4 months ago

“See 6.1.3

Read it again and try to understand in context. Wise words to be heeded, not dismissed. 

The shovel being used is much sharper than the argument. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.27  afrayedknot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.20    4 months ago

Good for you and yours, wry…the only thing missing in your celebration is the ever elusive point you are attempting to make. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.28  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @6.1.27    4 months ago

No point, just a menu.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.29  afrayedknot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.28    4 months ago

“No point…”

…of course, and yet you somehow found the time in your preparations to interject a self admittedly pointless comment. Carrion. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.30  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @6.1.29    4 months ago

WILCO.  

Most comments here are relatively pointless and uninformative.  Mostly just hurrah for our side.

What a field day for the heat (Ooh ooh ooh)
A thousand people in the street (Ooh ooh ooh)
Singing songs and they carrying signs (Ooh ooh ooh)
Mostly say, "Hooray for our side" (Ooh ooh ooh)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.31  Tessylo  replied to  afrayedknot @6.1.29    4 months ago

The only reason being was to comment to me - someone in desperate need of attention who I have been ignoring for quite some time now.  It's tiresome, the taunting and the endless trolling.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.32  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.31    4 months ago

whoops, my mistake, not commenting to me here on that specific comment - but elsewhere - and everywhere

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.33  Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.19    4 months ago
Why cant white people have their own Juneteenth? 

For some we could call it, ''SOS Day''.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.34  afrayedknot  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.31    4 months ago

I would never, ever presume to speak for you, T.

Some things are better left ignored, a gift with which I am unfortunately not blessed. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.1.35  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.4    4 months ago

Ocala is pretty much good for horses, and really nice springs  

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.1.36  bugsy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.10    4 months ago
That sounds eerily familiar to what is being celebrated

Kind of sounds like June 18th, 1865

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.37  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.1    4 months ago

Whatever, Vic. It is refreshing to read how much MAGAs care about Juneteenth!

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.38  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.20    4 months ago

Our local Juneteenth celebration was a huge success, with tons of wonderful food, dancing, and good trouble. Red had a wonderful time and one of the sponsors of the event loaded up two plates of food she and Red brought it home to me since I was unable to attend due to be confined to a wheelchair due to injury. I sure would have loved to have been there. 

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.39  CB  replied to  Kavika @6.1.38    4 months ago

I am so glad your Juneteenth celebration was a success, as reported by Red! The two plates (for the sick, the lame, and the lazy - just kidding you know that) sounds familiar and in my mind's eye I can see the 'joy' of sharing that is contagious at these kinds of events. All pots are 'open' and fully rendered communal! 

I am sorry you are injured and in a wheel-chair. Be well. Take care. And thank you for being here for 'us.' I, too, have been in some distress for a while now. So I had a nice quiet day just sitting in an easy chair which turns out is good for me.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    4 months ago

What does Juneteenth have to do with the 4th of July?

Why compare them when they have nothing to do with each other?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    4 months ago
What does Juneteenth have to do with the 4th of July?

Juneteenth marks our country’s second independence day. Although it has long celebrated in the African American community, this monumental event remains largely unknown to most Americans.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    4 months ago

Again, why do folks compare them when they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHNING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.2    4 months ago

You should ask the National Museum of African American History and Culture, it’s their comparison.

Then give them the benefit of your analysis.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.2.4  afrayedknot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.2.1    4 months ago

“Juneteenth marks our country’s second Independence Day.” 

It is unfortunate, yet appropriate.

It’s as If only 3/5ths of the words uttered in our Declaration were applicable. Imagine the grief, bloodshed and death that could have and should have been avoided if 100% of those words were put into practice.

And still we miss the point. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.2    4 months ago

see comment 6.1 and 6.1.1 where it is allegedly some whackjob conspiracy to replace July 4th and the following comment where it is compared to/allegedly being replaced by Juneteenth WHICH IS WHAT I WAS COMMENTING ON IN THE FIRST PLACE

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @6.2.4    4 months ago
And still we miss the point. 

I didn’t, but you should discuss it with Tessylo, 6.2 6.2.2

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

All eyes were on Wisconsin yesterday:

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    4 months ago

He's the one who picked Milwaukee BTW!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    4 months ago

Not a chance, especially considering he wouldn't even be able to find Milwaukee on a map.  It went through a lengthy selection process with the RNC in 2022.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.1    4 months ago
especially considering he wouldn't even be able to find Milwaukee on a map.

Ridiculous hyperbole noted.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.2    4 months ago

Describe your familiarity with Trump's map reading ability and offer proof that the statement is incorrect.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.3    4 months ago
Describe your familiarity with Trump's map reading ability.

of course, right after you prove your ridiculous hyperbole to contain even a kernel of truth.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.4    4 months ago

You challenged it.  The burden is on you to prove it is incorrect.  You specialize in ridiculous hyperbole so that ought to be easy for you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.5    4 months ago
You challenged it. 

yes, i called out ridiculous hyperbole based on absolutely nothing of value.

If that upsets anyone, so be it. I see others call out hyperbole all the time, I am following the examples given and accepted.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.1.7  Right Down the Center  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.1    4 months ago

Any proof of your claim?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.8  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.6    4 months ago

We will accept that as your admission that you have no proof to support your challenge.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.9  Gsquared  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.1.7    4 months ago

It is a given fact that the selection process went through the RNC.  See link.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.1.7    4 months ago
Any proof of your claim?

Of course not.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.8    4 months ago

Aren't you the one who stated..........

especially considering he wouldn't even be able to find Milwaukee on a map

After that statement, I think the burden of proof is on you counselor.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.12  Gsquared  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.11    4 months ago

OK.  I accept that challenge.  Let's put a map in front of Trump and see if he can find Milwaukee.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.1    4 months ago

Another lie from #34

'They're lying

We know they're lying

They know they're lying'

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.12    4 months ago

Do it, prove your ridiculous hyperbole!!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.1.15  Right Down the Center  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.9    4 months ago

And that proves trump can not find it on a map? How?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.16  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.14    4 months ago

Alright, Trump agrees to do it although he said he has to cheat like he does on everything.  He asked that you show him first, but I pointed out that for obvious reasons that would be impossible.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.16    4 months ago

You are unable to prove anything at all about your ridiculous hyperbole.

Hallux
Professor Principal
7.1.18  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    4 months ago

Are you the one he picked to believe him?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.19  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.17    4 months ago

I was able to prove how easily reactionaries are triggered over absolutely nothing.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.19    4 months ago
I was able to prove how easily reactionaries are triggered over absolutely nothing.

No, you merely proved you could claim something inane and are unable to back it up with any facts.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.21  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.19    4 months ago

Who uses a map when you have Waze?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.22  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.20    4 months ago

No, I proved beyond question that reactionaries were easily triggered over nothing as shown by their comments on here.  See Comment 7.1.2 for example.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.22    4 months ago
No, I proved beyond question that reactionaries were easily triggered over nothing as shown by their comments on here. 

No, you claimed something utterly ridiculous, got called on it, and have been unable to prove your bullshit claim.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.12    4 months ago
OK.  I accept that challenge.

Prove your claim then.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.25  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.23    4 months ago

Not only easily triggered but also very emotionally upset.  

got called on it

That is fucking laughable.  Your comment proves that nothing boosts weak egos like a pretense of self-righteous indignation.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.26  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.24    4 months ago
Prove your claim then.

Will do.  Trump agrees to meet at your house in an hour and we can settle this major controversy.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.25    4 months ago

My comment illustrates that you made a silly claim, got called on it, "accepted" the challenge of proving it, then did everything BUT prove it and deflecting away from those facts isn't helping you to prove your bogus claim.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.26    4 months ago
Will do.

But you don't, as easily seen by all reading your posts where you "accept" the challenge then dodge it.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.29  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.27    4 months ago

Your comments prove how some engage in futile attempts to find meaning in an otherwise empty existence.

See you at your house in an hour!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.30  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.29    4 months ago

Just merely asking you to prove something you claimed.

If you can't or won't, it's okay to just admit it.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.32  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.28    4 months ago

As I clearly stated, the challenge will be met when we get together with Trump and a map at your house this afternoon.  Now, don't try to change the terms of engagement.

See you soon!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.33  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.32    4 months ago

So again you dodge.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.34  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.33    4 months ago

Your comments are really getting boring.

How about something like:  "Can't wait to see you both!  I'll have some delicious hors d'oeurves ready.  You can park in the driveway."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.35  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.34    4 months ago

I don't allow strangers into my home.

Not going to start with you and Trump.

Sorry about your lack of proof for your ridiculous hyperbole.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.36  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.35    4 months ago

Strangers?  I thought we were all good friends here.  We keep hearing about "our friends on the left"...  That's really disappointing.

So, no parking in the driveway?

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1.37  JBB  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.34    4 months ago

In his book The Games People Play Eric Berne explained the competitive nature of the social dysfunction we now known as internet trolling through the games they play such as "Kick Me", "See What You Made Me Do", "Why Don't You" and "Ain't It Awful".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.36    4 months ago
Strangers? 

Yes, that is precisely what you are to me.

So is Trump.

I thought we were all good friends here.

Looks like you are misinformed.

So, no parking in the driveway?

Not even if you manage to find it.

There is also a strict no solicitors without permits ordinance in my city.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1.39  Ronin2  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.3    4 months ago

[]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.40  Gsquared  replied to  JBB @7.1.37    4 months ago

"Kick Me" must be the right wingers favorite game, and they provide the rest of us with a target rich environment.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.41  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.40    4 months ago

While "Dodgeball" seems to be highly favored by the folks to my left.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.42  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @7.1.37    4 months ago

Some always steal my lines and never give me credit for how clever I am and pretend that they're being original or mocking me - they know they can't hold a candle to our intelligence

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.43  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.42    4 months ago
they know they can't hold a candle to our intelligence

Exactly, collaborative intelligence is awesome.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.44  Gsquared  replied to  Ronin2 @7.1.39    4 months ago

Aw. C'mon. [Deleted][]

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.45  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.42    4 months ago
Some always steal my lines and never give me credit for how clever I am ...

Exactly, and such a treasure trove to steal from.  Somehow you keep knocking them out of the park:

• To all the mushroom suckers  .....the projection is palpable
  • more like making shit up
  • It's fucking nuts.
  • maga bowel movement
  • That was quite a spineless ass kissing mushroom sucking display at the Capitol the other day.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.46  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.42    4 months ago
Some always steal my lines and never give me credit for how clever I am.
jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.1.47  Kavika   replied to  Gsquared @7.1.1    4 months ago

Trump did have problems with maps, sharpies and hurricanes. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.48  bugsy  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.32    4 months ago

We have always been taught that when a "counselor" makes a claim, they should be able to back it up, otherwise what they are stating is nullified by it not happening. 

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1.49  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.42    4 months ago

Must be an, "Over The Borderline Personality Disorder"...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.50  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @7.1.48    4 months ago

That just seems so...........logical!

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.51  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @7.1.49    4 months ago
Over The Borderline Personality Disorder"...

Because they steal silly lines?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.52  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @7.1.49    4 months ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1.53  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.1.51    4 months ago

No, because they gang up and engage disruptive behaviors!

Whatever motivates behavior unbecoming of human beings?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.54  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @7.1.53    4 months ago

That would be a very good question to ask of the occupiers out west.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.55  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @7.1.53    4 months ago

• It's fucking nuts.
  • maga bowel movement
  • That was quite a spineless ass kissing mushroom sucking display at the Capitol the other day.

Don’t ask me, I can’t explain that motivation.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.56  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    4 months ago

And yet that horrible mouth of his just can't stop running itself into a ditch. Donald is too transactional. Be-ing so he can not serve a country like our well. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.57  Texan1211  replied to  CB @7.1.56    4 months ago
Be so can not serve a country like our well. 

That doesn't really make sense.

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1.58  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.1.55    4 months ago

Explain why you find that irresistible? Like a moth to a flame!

Getting ones jollies by ganging up to bother women is what?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.59  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @7.1.58    4 months ago

Ganging up????

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.60  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @7.1.58    4 months ago
Explain why you find that irresistible?

[] Getting ones jollies by ganging up to bother women is what?

Gender isn't relevant unless you think they need extra protection.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
7.1.61  afrayedknot  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.1.60    4 months ago

“Gender isn't relevant unless you think they need extra protection.”

You may want to walk that back, unless you actually believe women, minorities and the LGBTQ population enjoy the same level of protection your middle-aged white male ass enjoys. Not talking about laws here, talking about the realities. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.62  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @7.1.53    4 months ago

I don't know if it was you who I told about a certain somebody who has a real hard on for me and who follows me around constantly.  I usually ignore them but it's incessant and harassment.  I'm going to speak to one of the moderators about it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.63  Tessylo  replied to  afrayedknot @7.1.61    4 months ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.64  Tessylo  replied to  afrayedknot @7.1.61    4 months ago

Someone is quite the bully here - who with his buddies - as jbb says - gangs up on women, well one woman.  

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.65  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @7.1.61    4 months ago

You may want to walk that back,

If any shit needs walked back it's:

• It's fucking nuts.
  • maga bowel movement

Especially after claiming:

Some always steal my lines and never give me credit for how clever I am and pretend that they're being original or mocking me - they know they can't hold a candle to our intelligence

How self-righteous.

your middle-aged white male ass enjoys. 

Middle aged, not unless 70 is the new 40.  What protection, you can write any shit that you want about my comments, I don't flag.

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1.66  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.64    4 months ago

In his book The Games People Play, Eric Berne attributed these antisocial gaming behaviors to crippling insecurities, a lack of self worth and to deep feelings of powerlessness and worthlessness... 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.67  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.64    4 months ago

Perhaps a whooly bully:

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.68  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @7.1.66    4 months ago

In his book The Games People Play Berne attributed such antisocial behaviors to crippling insecurities, a lack of self worth and feelings of impotence and worthlessness... 

Don't many find sexisim, homophobia and victim blaming in this 60 year old book?

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1.69  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.1.68    4 months ago

Not in the book, in the dysfunctional individuals described in it who impulsively engage in antisocial gaming behaviors described therein!

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.70  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @7.1.69    4 months ago

Do you have any recent psychiatrist or psychologist reviews?

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1.71  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.1.70    4 months ago

Actually yes, yes I do...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.72  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.1.70    4 months ago
book The Games People Play

Are you suggesting that there may--just may--have been advances and new discoveries in the last 60 years while society has greatly changed?

The book in question had many academics questioning its validity at the time it was written.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.73  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @7.1.71    4 months ago
Actually yes, yes I do...

Jesse William McGraw is neither, but he is a hacker.

I've noted that no one here, to include the author, has attempted to defend the comments that i cited, just accused me of being a bully.  Is that what y'all call projection?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.74  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @7.1.61    4 months ago
believe women, minorities and the LGBTQ population enjoy the same level of protection your middle-aged white male ass enjoys. N

Oh, many of us know already that women don't enjoy the same protections, what with some of the good folks supporting transgenders in women's sports, demanding that we treat males and females as the same.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.75  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.1.73    4 months ago
Jesse William McGraw

IS a hacker, a convicted felon, former "security" guard, former inmate.

He is also the GENUIS who posted on Youtube his crimes for all to see.

I don't think the dude is qualified to talk about much.

I am kind of surprised anyone would bother listing him as ANYTHING worthwhile never mind being a source of knowledge!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.76  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.8    4 months ago

You can imagine it is whatever you wish it to be.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.77  Gsquared  replied to  bugsy @7.1.48    4 months ago

It is really funny how you people are so serious about this.  Bizarre, actually, but that's OK.  Keep up the good work!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.78  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @7.1.66    4 months ago

I'd say impotence is the biggest, #1 on the list

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.79  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.78    4 months ago

I'd say impotence is the biggest, #1 on the list

Based on what, anecdotal or personal experience?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    4 months ago

Why would all eyes be on #34?  It is demented and delusional and more so by the day.  It practically writes the jokes for the late night folks!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Another Biden official got destroyed:

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    4 months ago

Destroyed?

No

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.2  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    4 months ago

Because Ted Cruz has accomplished so much progress in the ME?

Just another Senator being a bully for fifteen minutes a day.

That being said, I remember when Forbes wasn't leaning right or left, sadly per the breaking news lead,

that too has passed.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @8.2    4 months ago

It is only OK when Democrat Senators are bullies.

Most of us remember when the media wasn't nearly as partisan. The vast majority of it now leans so far left that the Russian and Chinese that have start run media are embarrassed for us.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @8.2.1    4 months ago
It is only OK when Democrat Senators are bullies.

Did you notice that I did not specify (D) or (R)?  That was deliberate.

Most of us remember when the media wasn't nearly as partisan.

I'm sorry you feel that way but you are a relatively young person compared to me. I have had Uncles and cousins serve in the House for decades.  Before Newt poisoned the well by crossing boundaries that were previously honored by both sides we had a thing called civility and decorum.

The vast majority of it now leans so far left

Maybe the majority is right; I don't suppose that has occurred to you has it?

that the Russian and Chinese that have start run media are embarrassed for us.

Not sure what you mean but never, ever take anything the Russians, Chinese or Koreans say, seriously.

Everything they say or print has a sliver of truth wrapped in dozens of lies and exaggerations.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @8.2.2    4 months ago

Newt - the beginning of the end - what that shit started has devolved into MAGAts

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Biden claims his unilateral MASS AMNESTY scheme is "overwhelmingly supported by the American people."

(Actually, two-thirds of Americans support mass criminal alien deportations)

RNC Research.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    4 months ago

Why do you repeat easily reputed falsehoods put out by National Review and repeated by other biased rags?

There is no amnesty, this only affects getting green cards. They cannot vote or collect any benefits as a result of the rules change.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Split Personality @9.1    4 months ago

Let's not let facts get in the way of hysterical propaganda.  "Hysterical" meaning based on hysteria, not humor.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @9.1    4 months ago
e is no amnesty, 

It's literally an amnesty. He is protecting law breakers by giving them legal status in the country. 

But sure, do that thing where you change the meanings of words to try and cover an unpopular thing up.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.2    4 months ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @9.1    4 months ago

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Split Personality @9.1    4 months ago
They cannot vote or collect any benefits as a result of the rules change.

Yet. All they need is a baby....................

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.6  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.1.5    4 months ago

The majority of these people came here on work or student visas, got married, had children and assumed that that made them legal citizens.  Big surprise when ICE or some other agency shows up to deport them.

Once deported they are banned from returning to the US until they get a green card - fat chance of that happening.

It happened to two of my British friends working at UofP on AI and nanotechnology, they had to sell everything and move back to Oxford and Cambridge with their American wives and children.

They shared a Pulitzer prize and Cambridge gets the credit.

People like this who entered the US legally and stayed out of trouble for three years is who this program is aimed at and can eventually apply for citizenship

Border crossers might get a green card but they will never be granted citizenship if they entered without a visa.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.3    4 months ago

Overstaying a visa is a civil violation not a crime.

Seeking Asylum in this country isn't criminal either.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.7    4 months ago

Seeking Asylum in this country isn't criminal either.

Strawman.

Overstaying a visa is a civil violation not a crime.
Never argued that,. either.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.9  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.2    4 months ago
It's literally an amnesty.

No it literally isn't. He is taking away the draconian punishment of breaking up American families by returning one of the parents to their country of origin for a civil violation involving their expired visa.

He is protecting law breakers by giving them legal status in the country.

He is giving them a chance to apply for the green card that they were entitled to by marrying an American. 

But sure, do that thing where you change the meanings of words to try and cover an unpopular thing up.

Like you thinking expert opinions are factual?

Cry me a river..

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.9    4 months ago

amnesty because they are being allowed to stay here while others will have to follow the rules.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.11  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.10    4 months ago

Awwwww shucks! The 'broke chain' got repair parts and servicing, and somebody feels bested. Wrong end; look at it from its other end. MAGAs surely will see people being helped to keep their marriages together (another so called some conservative 'high value' standard) if they look with some compassion

Compassion. Now that's one big, operative, word MAGAs don't write very often at all.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.11    4 months ago

please spare me further MAGA rhetoric, it is far too predictable and boring.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.13  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.10    4 months ago

It is not amnesty.  Amnesty is a complete forgiveness and a dumbing down of the complexities involved.

The violating spouse, while being allowed to stay under "Parole in Place", cannot have a criminal record,  cannot work without a green card, and frequently loses their driving privileges/license.  Penalties include fines and time restraints on when the offending spouse can apply for a green card. The program is also limited to 550,000 adults  and 50,000 children under the age of 21 who have been here 10 years or longer.

Or the American parent packs up the foreign spouse and kids or step kids and moves to another country potentially creating one million ex-pats, unnecessarily.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.13    4 months ago
It is not amnesty. 

Then you are using a different definition of the word.

Post 9.1.3 pretty well spells it out.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.1.15  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.2    4 months ago
He is protecting law breakers by giving them legal status in the country. 

There is this:

In first five years, 79,000 of DACA recipients admitted to U.S. had arrest records

Snuffy
Professor Participates
9.2  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @9    4 months ago

Well damn...  A politician in campaign mode makes a statement that one of his actions is immensely supported by the American people. 

Politicians say all sorts of things while in campaign mode. They also make all sorts of promises when in campaign mode. Because they know that the mainstream media is too biased to really look back and compare promises to actions once the election is over as they can always just say that they haven't been able to complete that promise yet but are working on it.

I do support a pathway to citizenship for spouses as well as those who served in the military, without requiring them to go back to their home country and start from there. If they have been here for a good while, not broken any laws and have been a productive member of society then they should have the ability to gain citizenship. Forcing them into a process that mandates they go to their country of origin to start a process that may not end favorably for them is IMO cruel. 

However for this action, as this is another EO I expect it will be tied up in the courts and no one will gain their citizenship due to this. This is really just another attempt (IMO) to play identify politics in order to gain some votes.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Snuffy @9.2    4 months ago
I do support a pathway to citizenship for spouses as well as those who served in the military, without requiring them to go back to their home country and start from there. If they have been here for a good while, not broken any laws and have been a productive member of society then they should have the ability to gain citizenship. Forcing them into a process that mandates they go to their country of origin to start a process that may not end favorably for them is IMO cruel. 

100% in agreement

This is really just another attempt (IMO) to play identify politics in order to gain some votes.

While sounds nice and is true of all proposed laws, who do you think are the targets of the "identity politics"?

In 2006 it was determined that over 45% of the "undocumented" immigrants were here on expired visas.

They were not Hispanics or border crossers.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
9.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @9.2.1    4 months ago

2006 was eighteen years ago. 

Do try to keep up with the times.

Now the illegal immigrants are streaming across our southern border with the Biden administration breaking records for illegal entry each year.

As to which party plays identity politics. It isn't even a question that should be asked. Democrats play even their own factions off against each other.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @9.2.2    4 months ago
2006 was eighteen years ago.  Do try to keep up with the times.

Yeah yer right, it increased to 59% in 2019.\ but it still averages 44 to 50%

Kevin McCarthy
stated on August 15, 2018 in a speech:
"Half of everyone that’s here illegally (in the U.S.) came here legally on a visa and have overstayed their visa."

That you don't think Trump is doing the same thing is a symptom.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
10  Drinker of the Wry    4 months ago

As a tireless federal worker, I had absolutely no objection to adding today to the list of federal holidays.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @10    4 months ago

You'll be off more days than you'll be working, but then again why not.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
10.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1    4 months ago
You'll be off more days than you'll be working, but then again why not.

Not as good a deal as in 2013.  The our dysfunctional Congress and WH couldn't get to a budget deal so Sequestration was invoked.  I was furloughed every Fri (without pay) for 11 weeks.  The Congress voted to give us backpay.  Sweet deal if you can get it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Time to head for shore.

Have a good day.

charger 383
Professor Silent
12  charger 383    4 months ago

Juneteenth is the stupidest and most pandering made up Federal Holiday there is.  Sounds like they don't know how to use a Calander or count past 10.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @12    4 months ago

That's a pretty ignorant statement.  Do you know the history of the day?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
12.2  Gsquared  replied to  charger 383 @12    4 months ago

But honoring statues of Confederate traitors is a good thing, right?  No pandering there.

Juneteenth could be said to mark the final end of slavery in America.  Is there something stupid about celebrating that?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @12.2    4 months ago
But honoring statues of Confederate traitors is a good thing, right? 

Democrats had no problem with putting them up.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
12.2.2  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.1    4 months ago

Dealing with present day reality as opposed to ancient history, Republicans have a HUGE problem with taking them down.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @12.2.2    4 months ago

Who put them up?

Who instituted Jim Crow laws?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
12.2.4  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.3    4 months ago
Who put them up?   

People who supported white supremacy.  Most recently, 192 House  REPUBLICANS voted to require that a Confederate monument be erected in Arlington National Cemetery.   

Who instituted Jim Crow laws?

Racists.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Gsquared @12.2.4    4 months ago

He wants you to say "Democrats" did it.

Some people have no concept of the history of the 20th century. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
12.2.6  Gsquared  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2.5    4 months ago
"Democrats" did it.

That's a recurring theme regarding that topic.  It's meaningless in the context of contemporary society, of course.

Some people have no concept of the history of the 20th century.

That is proven on here over and over again.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @12.2.4    4 months ago

Racist Democrats, if accuracy and the truth matters.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2.5    4 months ago

Some people want to forget what their political party did for decades and pretend its all good now.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2.5    4 months ago
He wants you to say "Democrats" did it.

Accuracy and truth matter.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
12.2.10  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.8    4 months ago

Yes, the Republicans have been pretending white supremacy is good for decades.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @12.2.10    4 months ago

Sorry, but the Democratic Party OWNS Jim Crow.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
12.2.12  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.11    4 months ago

Sorry, but the contemporary Republican Party OWNS white supremacy.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
12.2.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @12.2.10    4 months ago

Pretending, perhaps but the Dem majorities in the urban Northeast, Upper Midwest and West Coast have continued to practice it since they took control there 150 years ago.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @12.2.12    4 months ago

That is ALMOST as silly as your previous false claim.

George
Junior Expert
12.2.15  George  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.14    4 months ago

It’s laughable how the democrats can say that republicans are racist and in the same breath tell you that we need lower standards for African Americans to be able to compete with whites for jobs, college admissions….etc. their racism is so ingrained that they can’t even see it anymore.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.16  Texan1211  replied to  George @12.2.15    4 months ago

Can't even get many to admit who was the responsible party for Jim Crow.

George
Junior Expert
12.2.17  George  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.16    4 months ago

Or who was responsible for slavery or the actual insurrection against America, hell there was some idiots who actually promoted and argued that republicans owned as many slaves as democrats. The level of stupidity it takes to promote that is equal to those waiting for Jussie Smolletts attackers to be prosecuted.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.18  Texan1211  replied to  George @12.2.17    4 months ago

Maybe that is the Democratic Party's way of "whitewashing" their own sordid history.

Seems to be working quite well with the gullible sycophants.

George
Junior Expert
12.2.19  George  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.18    4 months ago

whitewashing? Is that like throwing their freshly bleached sheet over it?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
12.2.20  afrayedknot  replied to  George @12.2.17    4 months ago

“The level of stupidity it takes to promote that is equal to those waiting for Jussie Smolletts attackers to be prosecuted.”

As is the asinine level of indifference it takes in the unbelievable but transparent attempt to equate the two.

Slavery and the Civil War vs what? Please. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.21  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @12.2.20    4 months ago

It is a valid observation on his part.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
12.2.22  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.21    4 months ago

It is also valid to observe that despite your numerous comments in this thread you never once said it is not stupid to celebrate Juneteenth as marking the final end of slavery in America.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
12.2.23  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @12.2.22    4 months ago
It is also valid to observe that despite your numerous comments in this thread you never once said it is not stupid to celebrate Juneteenth as marking the final end of slavery in America.

The final end of slavery was December 6, 1865, when the 13th Amendment was ratified.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.2.24  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @12.2.23    4 months ago

It, Juneteenth, started when Texas was finally made aware that it had ended. Don't know why that is more significant than your date. I guess it was when EVERYONE knew. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
12.2.25  Gsquared  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @12.2.23    4 months ago

True.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.26  bugsy  replied to  George @12.2.15    4 months ago
in the same breath tell you that we need lower standards for African Americans to be able to compete with whites for jobs, college admissions….etc.

Or don't know how to get an ID to vote, or don't know how to raise their children.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
12.2.27  afrayedknot  replied to  bugsy @12.2.26    4 months ago

“…don't know how to raise their children.”

Painting with the broadest of broad brushes here, bugs.

Guessing we all can recount many instances of children of all sorts that were failed by their parents, and many instances of children of all sorts that have succeeded given how they were raised. And you know this. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.29  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @12.2.22    4 months ago

Did it escape your attention that despite my numerous comments in this thread I never once said it is stupid to celebrate Juneteenth as marking the final end of slavery in America?

Never mind, pretend it was a rhetorical question.

CB
Professor Principal
13  CB    4 months ago
Is there any further doubt that Biden & the left intended all along that these people would replace US citizens?

The old 'replacement theory' bull again. Just anything to fear-monger. Want to solve the problem rather than over-think and bastardize it to death. . . start compromising with other politicians on the other 'side' and get something done that alleviates the concern (and fear) you have, versus just sitting and writing about the horrors (and pretend horrors of border migration. Fix it:Don't just talk it to death!

Furthermore, it is evident that if anybody wants to replace others in this country—its some conservatives who want to 'defeat' liberals and make them limited and unremarkable in state and federal governance. Whereas, the liberals can live with some conservatives if/when they settle down and mine their own business!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14  author  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

CB
Professor Principal
14.1  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @14    4 months ago

What I have fully come to know about MAGAs is these people love the fine art of Complaining and Blocking progress. Told y'all. Now, we have a Solution awaiting MAGAs' lawsuit which is likely underway.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  CB @14.1    4 months ago

Democrats have the Senate and the WH, but somehow imaginary MAGAs hold all the power!

Crazy!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @14.1    4 months ago

Progress = Change for the better.

Most change is not.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
14.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.1    4 months ago

When you can't speak with any facts MAGA MAGA MAGA.

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.4  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.2    4 months ago

That is vague and empty rhetoric offering no detail/s to back it up.

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.5  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @14.1.1    4 months ago

Just pretend to not understand how congress works (or not works). I won't indulge this bull any farther. As is your custom, you can have the final word: Go!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
14.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  CB @14.1.5    4 months ago

No one has to pretend anything, some of us already know who holds the most power, while others seem befuddled about it!

I commend you for a post sans MAGA!

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.7  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @14.1.3    4 months ago

I'll give you a fact: Donald is a brazen liar and he can't stop lying. Why, oh why, does anybody think that a gratuitous liar who will lie about the color of the sky on a bright sunny day is fit to be a truth-teller and a leader is beyond the pail-and me.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
14.1.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @14.1.7    4 months ago

Nothing like a little hyperbole on a hot day

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @14.1.2    4 months ago

Ya, for those who like to cling to a past that never was

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
14.1.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @14.1.7    4 months ago

How did you put it...Oh that's right

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.11  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @14.1.8    4 months ago

Glancing the point seems to be a thing with MAGAs and their supporters. 

johnny-weir-figure-skating.gif

Skating , may be very interesting, but it really is not the point!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
14.1.12  Right Down the Center  replied to  CB @14.1.11    4 months ago

Senseless comments are just that