╌>

Total Panic

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 months ago  •  124 comments

Total Panic
“We finally beat Medicare.”...Joe Biden

By minute 13 the truth was there for the nation to see. Joe Biden is unfit for office. Don't get me wrong, the radicals who are running the country through him could keep on doing it even if he was dead. It just does not play well with the American public and democrats know how important perception is. Last night democrats watched in shock as Joe Biden struggled
to articulate policy specifics, statistics and rebuttals, often stumbling or misspeaking. To add injury to insult, the Biden campaign’s demand that each candidate’s mic be muted when it wasn’t their turn to talk actually hurt Biden. Unlike 2020 when Biden was uninterrupted this time, we got to see how badly he could stumble.

The New York Times top reporter, Peter Baker reported it this way: Biden’s voice was hoarse and halting. His answers were often unclear, and he struggled to finish his thoughts. “Rather than dispel concerns about his age, Biden “made it the central issue.” One democrat strategist said: “Biden is about to face a crescendo of calls to step aside, Joe had a deep well of affection among Democrats. It has run dry.” "Trump “won it by forfeit,” the Times Opinion columnist Carlos Lozada wrote. “The Biden of 2020, even the Biden of this year’s State of the Union, did not show up.” Dan McCarthy argued that “Trump won as the more commanding presence, with a tighter focus on his themes, particularly immigration.” The calls for Biden to step aside will surely come. 

On the other hand, there are 11 weeks until the second debate. Biden could possibly come back in that one. Obama did it. Then again, Biden is no Obama. My advice to Donald Trump is to make more favorable demands for that second debate and if he doesn't get them, he should pull out of it.

There were about 15 topics discussed last night. the first 6 were what Americans care about, the rest were raised to help Biden, but it was to no avail. Issue 14 was about "age," but by then everyone saw what they needed to see. Sadly, what the tv audience didn't see was Jill Biden helping Joe off the stage when it was over.

The biggest lie of the night was Joe Biden once again raising the "fine people on both sides" hoax which was recently & finally debunked last week by Snopes.

I want to thank CNN for the muting the mic rule and special thanks to JBB for the live coverage.

In other news:

The Supreme Court ruled that a bankruptcy settlement with the Sackler family, makers of OxyContin, could not shield family members from lawsuits

Separately, the court temporarily halted a Biden administration plan to halt air pollution while a lower court considers it, effectively suspending the policy for months or years.

The court also limited some of the power of the Securities and Exchange Commission ruling that a common way it enforces laws against fraud violated the right to a jury trial.

The justices temporarily let women in Idaho get emergency abortions.

The judge overseeing Trump’s classified-documents case said she would revisit a previous ruling that was important to the prosecutors’ case.

Israel ordered people in part of eastern Gaza City to evacuate as part of an operation against Hamas fighters who have returned there.

The former school district police chief in Uvalde, Texas, was indicted and arrested over his actions during the school shooting there in 2022. The attack killed 19 children.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Good morning

pWRiGtNC?format=jpg&name=small

There’s no way whoever is in charge of this presidency didn’t know this man was suffering from serious cognitive challenges. Imagine using someone this way.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago

A total disastrous exhibition of elder abuse to achieve an agenda....................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1    2 months ago

George stole your 'joke'

Some find it funny

I find it to be the usual ignorance/arrogance - agnorance

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago

Devastating and brutal new Trump shows truth about Biden.

The Trump Campaign Released an Ad After the Debate. It's 'Devastating.' (townhall.com)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    2 months ago

What a beautiful campaign ad.

I guess we can tell Garland that the Biden audio from the Hur investigation will no longer be necessary.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 months ago

You've got that right

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago
I guess we can tell Garland that the Biden audio from the Hur investigation will no longer be necessary.

So, how long before it's all called a "deep fake"?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 months ago

'Joe Biden is unfit for office'

The Projection

Is what we should call today's gop/gqp

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    2 months ago
On the other hand, there are 11 weeks until the second debate. My advice to Donald Trump is to make more favorable demands for that second debate and if he doesn't get them, he should pull out of it.

Could someone with clout with Trump get a hold of him and pass this along? It is sound advise and he needs it!

No second debate unless the Biden camp agrees to Trump's rules!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @2    2 months ago

LOL! That would really slam the door in the face of the Biden campaign!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 months ago

It is your advise; now if someone can tell Trump and make him listen!

The man still reminds me of my father- pig headed to a fault once he gets his mind on something. Trump very likely smells blood in the water; and is telling his people "I can't wait for round 2 to finish Joe off!"

I really wish this is someone other than Trump as the Republican nominee; but none of the others candidates will do what must be done if elected. Outside of Vivek (who I am still not convinced would run the country like he talked) all of the others were more interested in currying Establishment favor- which means sweep the last eight years under the rug, and continue with business as usual.

For better or for worse Trump is the Republican nominee; and he is going to run the show like he wants.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.1    2 months ago

If nothing else Trump is the genuine article.

I wish he would take more advice, but he has made a lot of lemonade via lemons.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

CNN got criticized for not fact checking the debate.

PUosqOof?format=jpg&name=small

I actually thought they did better than they ever had.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4  Ronin2    2 months ago
Sadly, what the tv audience didn't see was Jill Biden helping Joe off the stage when it was over.

It is all over the internet. It got out.

Anyone watch this and still feel like defending Joe? Notice the man moving quickly to Joe's other side as he starts down the stairs? That is how pathetic Joe is now. CNN probably did want the lawsuit if he fell. I could imagine the producers screaming- "Who the fuck thought steps would be a good idea? He was supposed to exit opposite of Trump! Would someone tell the damn moderators to go meet Joe at the steps before he makes it all the way down and can't make it back up them!"

bccrane
Freshman Silent
4.1  bccrane  replied to  Ronin2 @4    2 months ago

You know what really would've been better, if Trump turned around, noticing Biden needed help, and helping Jill get Joe down the steps.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bccrane @4.1    2 months ago

I'll never forget when then President Trump had finished a speech in mid-winter at about 20 degrees and was endlessly taking reporters' questions. One of the Republican congressional leaders was shivering and mentioned the temperature. Trump offered him his topcoat. 

Yes, that would have been a Trumpian gesture.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  bccrane @4.1    2 months ago

The headlines would have read "Trump physically attacks Biden during debate".

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  bccrane @4.1    2 months ago

I think both Trump's and Biden's secret service would have tackled him before he even got close.

If I were Trump I would have my own privately paid for security detail. Especially after the Mar-a-Lago raid.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 months ago

Oh please.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    2 months ago

You missed that?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.5    2 months ago

A trumpian gesture.  Fucking hilarious.  

So chivalrous.  jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.6    2 months ago

Was it a guy he offered his top coat to?[]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    2 months ago

What part don't you believe?

That Trump isn't such a narcissist that he would take off his topcoat in freezing temps thinking it wouldn't affect him; and show off to the press how tough he is? Or that Trump wouldn't show up a Republican Congressional leader in front of the press?

Notice I didn't say that Trump offered him his topcoat out of concern or kindness. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.9  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.7    2 months ago
Was it a guy he offered his top coat to? Sounds kind of queer.

Really, then you would think that would make Trump more palatable to Democrats.[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @4    2 months ago

Thank you, Sir.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    2 months ago

How chivalrous.

I'm sure he does those kinds of things ALL THE TIME

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Sir!

lol

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @4    2 months ago

Jill Biden helps Joe off stage after disastrous debate showing: ‘This says it all’

First lady Jill Biden   assisted her husband, Joe Biden, off the debate stage   Thursday night after a performance that raised even more questions about the president’s fitness for office.

CNN’s cameras captured the 81-year-old president’s wife   taking her husband by the hand   and slowly leading him down the stage’s three or so steps after his showdown with former President Donald Trump wrapped up. 

“Who is the Commander in Chief?” Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) wrote on X, sharing a close-up view of Jill Biden’s assist, in which the president appeared to be walking quite cautiously down the short stairs.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.3    2 months ago

As the CNN cameras cut away.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.3.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.3    2 months ago

It was only one step down to the floor............optical illusion makes it appear as though there are more than that.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.3.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.3.2    2 months ago

And yet he needed assistance to do that.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
5  afrayedknot    2 months ago

I think Van Jones summed it up perfectly. I could only watch the first fifteen minutes before the I had to turn away. For Biden’s sake, and more importantly for the country’s immediate future, he needs to accept reality and gracefully step aside.

Let the nominee be decided on the floor of the upcoming convention. Unprecedented, but necessary at this stage, as no President should be elected by default. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  afrayedknot @5    2 months ago

I'd say that right now a brokered convention for the democrats is a 50/50 possibility.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @5    2 months ago

Gosh, sounds like you have finally seen what others have been saying for a while now.

Congrats.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.3  Ronin2  replied to  afrayedknot @5    2 months ago

Who would you like the Democrats to select as their nominee?

Serious question, as I really don't see a deep bench for them.

I feel a little better about the Republican side's bench in case something happens to Trump; but they are all Establishment hacks- so it would go back to the same old same old. Democrats could breath easy knowing the last 8 years would be forgotten.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3    2 months ago
Serious question, as I really don't see a deep bench for them.

I think the normal route would be to go with Harris.

Which would be a total disaster.

Whitmer and Newsom aren't in positions to get the nation's votes, either.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
5.3.2  afrayedknot  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3    2 months ago

“Serious question, as I really don't see a deep bench for them.”

Agreed.

Just as the GOP has by and large deferred to trump, the Dems are equally fractured. Whitmer, Newsom, Harris, et.al all come with baggage as does every candidate.

I’d like Whitmer today, but just my opinion, though a Klobuchar/ Buttigieg ticket would certainly elevate the discourse. 

evilone
Professor Guide
5.3.3  evilone  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3    2 months ago
Who would you like the Democrats to select as their nominee?

Amy Klobuchar

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.3.4  Ronin2  replied to  afrayedknot @5.3.2    2 months ago

Whitmer is more in my doghouse than Biden.

I live in Michigan and can personally attest to the damage her Covid policies (which she and her husband ignored) have done.

A major reason Whitmer won reelection in Michigan so easily is Republicans ran a complete anti-abortion candidate. I mean she didn't want any abortions. Made it very easy to vote against her. Republicans as a whole need to remove their heads from their third point of contacts on the abortion issue.

bccrane
Freshman Silent
5.3.5  bccrane  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3.4    2 months ago
A major reason Whitmer won reelection in Michigan so easily is Republicans ran a complete anti-abortion candidate. I mean she didn't want any abortions. Made it very easy to vote against her.

Which is why Whitmer wanted to run against her and the reason to start running ads against Dixon even before the primary to signal the democrats to vote for Dixon on the open primary ballot.

bccrane
Freshman Silent
5.3.6  bccrane  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3.4    2 months ago
I live in Michigan and can personally attest to the damage her Covid policies (which she and her husband ignored) have done.

Same here, she locked down the economy but not the people, when she did that, through fear, people from the southern cities fled north, since they no longer had a job to hold them in place, to their vacation homes.  When this happened you could see, through daily covid case reports, the virus moving north up the I-75 corridor and the first cases up here were workers in gas stations and also oddly enough nursing homes, still trying to figure out how the nursing home cases happened. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.3.7  Ronin2  replied to  bccrane @5.3.5    2 months ago

Agreed Democrats crossed the line to vote in the Republican primaries for Dixon. 

Democrats also used the system to get several of the top Republican candidates removed from the ballot.

LANSING – A state elections panel on Thursday deadlocked 2-2 on whether five Republican candidates for governor should be barred from the August primary ballot because they each submitted too many fraudulent signatures, and an official said the effect of the vote is to disqualify the candidates.

The two Republican members — Chairman Norman Shinkle and Tony Daunt — wanted to put the candidates on the ballot. The two Democrats — Vice Chair Mary Ellen Gurewitz and Jeannette Bradshaw — did not.

The effect of the deadlock is that none of the five candidates will be on the ballot, said State Elections Director Jonathan Brater.

The action of the Board of State Canvassers is not the final word on the candidacies of former Detroit Police Chief James Craig, Oakland County businessman Perry Johnson, Byron Center businesswoman Donna Brandenburg, Grand Haven financial adviser Michael Markey, and Michigan State Police Capt. Mike Brown, who has already said he is withdrawing from the race.

The Michigan Supreme Court on Friday rejected the appeals of multiple GOP gubernatorial candidates to appear on the August primary ballot, the result of state election officials declaring that the individual campaigns turned in forged petition signatures.

The candidates who will remain off the ballot include former Detroit police chief James Craig — who for months had been seen as a frontrunner in the race — along with businessmen Perry Johnson and Michael Markey Jr.

The judges — who ruled 6-1 in all three cases — stated that they were "not persuaded that the questions presented should be reviewed" by the court.

State election officials found that the Republican candidates lacked the necessary amount of signatures for qualifying for the primary ballot with the discovery of thousands of invalid signatures. However, the officials also said that there was no proof that the disqualified candidates knew of the sweeping problems surrounding the signatures that were submitted.

Before the appeals, the elections panel last month deadlocked 2-2 on permitting the five candidates to appear on the ballot,   according to The Detroit Free Press . Due to the failure of the panel to produce a majority decision, the five candidates were not allowed on the ballot.

When filing their initial paperwork, the gubernatorial candidates were required to submit a minimum of 15,000 signatures and were instructed not to exceed 30,000 signatures.

The Republican candidates — who have largely criticized the process as one dictated by politics — could potentially mount write-in campaigns, but it remains unclear how most of them will proceed. Two additional candidates were also disqualified from the ballot: businesswoman Donna Brandenburg and Michigan State Police Capt. Mike Brown, who withdrew from the race.

This week, a Macomb County judge moved the cases of three campaign circulators to trial over charges for collecting tens of thousands of fraudulent signatures for several GOP candidates in 2022, effectively getting them kicked off the August primary ballot that year.

Shawn Wilmoth, Jamie Wilmoth-Goodin and Willie Reed are accused of knowingly delivering thousands of forged signatures on the nomination petitions of eight campaigns, including five candidates for governor in 2022. 

The affected gubernatorial candidates were Perry Johnson, James Craig, Donna Brandenburg, Michael Markey and Michael Brown. Other candidates impacted were individuals running for judicial seats: Tricia Dare, John Cahalan and John Michael Malone.

When announcing  the criminal charges in June 2023 , Attorney General Dana Nessel said the fraudulent signatures were easy to spot as the defendants’ methods were “sophomoric and transparent” in their purposeful effort to commit fraud.

“The evidence very clearly demonstrates that defendants Wilmoth, Wilmoth-Goodin, and Reed were all aware of and directly responsible for the forged work-product provided to the campaigns which they knew would ultimately be filed with the Michigan Department of State Bureau of elections,” Nessel said announcing the charges.

Nessel added at the time that Republican gubernatorial candidate Ryan Kelley also utilized the services of the defendants, but after paying the defendants $15,000, they delivered no signatures. Kelley was still able to make it onto the 2022 primary ballot, losing the Republican nomination to Tudor Dixon who went on to lose the November election to Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

The five gubernatorial candidates  were not included on the August primary ballot  after the Board of State Canvassers deadlocked on a decision in May 2022 on whether to certify their elections of petitions, with Brown withdrawing from the race.

Elections staff identified 36 petition circulators that had submitted invalid signatures totaling  nearly 70,000 invalid signatures  across candidates.

At the time, the Bureau of Elections  issued a report  saying it was “unaware of another election cycle in which this many circulators submitted such a substantial volume of fraudulent petition sheets consisting of invalid signatures, nor an instance in which it affected as many candidate petitions as at present.” 

In total, the nine candidates who worked with Wilmoth, Wilmoth-Goodin and Reed, were charged over $700,000 in order to get the signatures required to qualify to appear on the August 2022 primary ballot, said  a Thursday news release  from the Attorney General’s Office.

The trio face dozens of felonies including one count of conducting a criminal enterprise, a 20-year felony. Other charges include election law forgery and use of a computer to commit a crime. 

Nessel said the criminal enterprise the three defendants are accused of engaging in brought in hundreds of thousands of dollars, causing immense harm to others warranting serious charges.

“The signatures furnished by these defendants were clear forgeries and fabrications, and the harm the victim campaigns suffered is substantial and without remedy,” she said.

It is 2024 and Nessel has just brought the case to court. Two years and not a single damn trial. Democrats really know how to game the system. Maybe the trial(s) will actually take place before the next governor elections.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.3.8  Ronin2  replied to  bccrane @5.3.6    2 months ago

Whitmer forced nursing homes to take people who tested positive for Covid. Putting them with residents who were Covid free.

It was a tense, sharply partisan back-and-forth. Republican critics of Whitmer’s handling of the pandemic argue the state should have created COVID-only facilities for seniors who were released from hospitals. 

Whitmer’s “inexplicable actions… put elderly citizens at risk can only be described as disappointing and reckless,” Sen. Aric Nesbitt, R-Lawton, said in an opening statement, setting the stage for a combative hearing punctuated with heated exchanges and a threat of legislative subpoena. 

“The Whitmer administration’s policies put coronavirus infected patients in nursing homes, threatening the lives of other seniors and health care staff,”   Nesbitt said.

bccrane
Freshman Silent
5.3.9  bccrane  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3.8    2 months ago

And that would explain it.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.3.10  Ronin2  replied to  bccrane @5.3.9    2 months ago

Being from Michigan I am well versed on Whitmer's short comings; and she has several.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.3.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3.10    2 months ago

Beside the fact she has an evil look to her.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.12  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.3.11    2 months ago

That's hilarious coming from the maga worshippers

Today's gop/gqp is the face of evil - with the anti-christ as their savior

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.3.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.12    2 months ago

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.12    2 months ago

You don't like them?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3.14    2 months ago

Who?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

I wonder if "Morning Joe" still thinks "Joe Biden is better than he ever has been in his career and his critics are making things up?"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 months ago

Be interesting to see how far in the tank for Biden some news agencies and pundits go in defending Biden.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    2 months ago

They are in a tough spot. I think they want him to step aside on his own. At this point they don't want to push him aside.

They are done with lying to us about how sharp he is.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.1    2 months ago
They are done with lying to us about how sharp he is.

The Biden sycophants will never stop lying for him.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.2    2 months ago

They may hold their noses while doing it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.1    2 months ago

President Biden is mentally sharp.

#34's brain is non-existent

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.4    2 months ago

All I can say is "WOW!"

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
6.1.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.4    2 months ago

So you didn't watch the debate

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
6.1.7  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.4    2 months ago
#34's brain is non-existent

Well, he has been dead for over 50 years

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.8  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.4    2 months ago
Is this your joke of the day?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MonsterMash @6.1.8    2 months ago

Must be. Guess I missed the memo letting us know it was post a JOKE day

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.5    2 months ago

I've seen dull and rusty bayonettes that are sharper than Biden lately and especially this last Thursday!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.10    2 months ago

Last week they told us any such films were "fake."

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
6.1.12  Right Down the Center  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.11    2 months ago

This week I am surprised they are not saying CNN and the debate is fake news

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Right Down the Center @6.1.12    2 months ago

You're right. We can expect anything tomorrow.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
7  Nerm_L    2 months ago

So, will the 2024 election be a referendum on Donald Trump or a referendum on Joe Biden? 

Democrats have exerted a lot of effort, skirted a lot of law, and flirted with autocracy to make the 2024 election all about Trump.  But Joe Biden has always been the weak spot in Democrats' grand strategy; Biden refused to be the President that wasn't there.  The media reported that Biden's preparation strategy was to goad Trump but that fell apart quickly because Biden is so easily goaded himself.  Biden was an easy mark for Trump whose only strategy, apparently, was to remind the electorate that the 2024 election will be a referendum on Joe Biden.  Biden is the sitting President, after all.

What we witnessed last night was the distilled, concentrated essence of Joe Biden's ego in action.  Yes, Biden's voice has grown weak and his body has lost its vigor but Biden's enormous ego still came through.  Biden revealed that he has not changed over the last 40 years in politics; Biden remains as dangerous as he was the first time he ran for President in 1988.  Biden has been preparing for this moment for decades.  Is it any wonder that Joe Biden has pushed the world into chaos and conflict in only three years?   

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

The SCOTUS just ruled that "Chevron" is overruled.

Federal agencies cannot make law.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    2 months ago

Good news and they could rule on the immunity cases today too.....................

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.2  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    2 months ago

That is really going to piss the EPA off.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @8.2    2 months ago

The issue that brought it before the Court was about a federal rule requiring Atlantic herring fishermen to pay to have observers onboard. A rule that was instituted simply because the regulating agency couldn't afford to pay their own observers.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  JohnRussell    2 months ago

You are in tight with Trump, can you arrange for me to have an interview with him. You can come and sweep his remains up with a broom and dustpan when I'm done. 

The biggest lie of the night was Joe Biden once again raising the  "fine people on both sides"  hoax which was recently & finally debunked last week by  Snopes.

People like you are led around by the nose, so to speak, on subjects like this. 

Let me try and educate you for a moment, futile as that is. 

People like you conflate Trump's later comments with the entirety of his comments. On the day of the rally and violence, Trump was remarkably absent other than to make a statement from golf course.

Trump stepped to the podium at his New Jersey golf resort and read a statement on the clashes, pinning the “egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides. … It has been going on for a long time in our country – not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama,” he said. “It has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America.”

Fellow Republicans slammed Trump’s lack of directness   and attempt to inject moral equivalence into the situation of chaos and terror.

“We should call evil by its name,” tweeted Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch, the most senior Republican in the Senate. “My brother didn’t give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home.”

This was on Saturday, the day of the white supremacist rally, not three days later at Trump Tower.  In fact, the only reason for the Trump Tower statement was that his Saturday comments had been so roundly condemned, including by prominent Republicans. 

“Mr. President - we must call evil by its name,”  tweeted Sen. Cory Gardner,  R-Colorado. “These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism.”   Tweeted Florida Sen. Marco Rubio , another fellow Republican: “Very important for the nation to hear @potus describe events in #Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by #whitesupremacists.”

On Saturday, when it happened, Trump was silent for a long time, even as the violence was on national television.  In one of Trump's first tweets about it , Trump wrote "Charlottesville, sad."

This is from Trump's initial statement , on late Saturday afternoon

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence, on many sides. On many sides. It’s been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. This has been going on for a long, long time.”

Notice Trump, in his first statement on Charlottesville emphasized "on many sides" by repeating it.  He said the hatred and bigotry were coming from many sides.  This was in reaction to a rally-turned -violent that was organized, beyond a doubt, by some of the worst white supremacists in the country. 

Should I go on Vic, because I can. 

sources for quotes

Donald Trump’s incredibly unpresidential statement on Charlottesville

What Donald Trump said about Charlottesville

Trump condemns Charlottesville violence but doesn’t single out white nationalists

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @9    2 months ago

The endless defense of the indefensible, is well, endless.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9    2 months ago
People like you are led around by the nose, so to speak

Be careful "next week" just came early.

Should I go on Vic, because I can. 

You can go on at length, but Trump was talking about people on both sides of the statue controversy. Do I have to link Snopes again?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2    2 months ago

No, because smart people know the dog whistles #34 blows.  Smart people know it had nothing to do with fucking statues.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.1    2 months ago
Smart people

Smart people took the time to watch the debate last night.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2.2    2 months ago

[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2    2 months ago

Snopes is talking about one sentence from his Tuesday statement.  

If you knew a damn thing about this incident you would know that. 

But why did Trump mention "both sides" at all?  Because he was scared shitless that his white grievance base would be offended if he singled out the white supremacists for condemnation. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.2.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.4    2 months ago
Because he was scared shitless that his white grievance bade would be offended if he singled out the white supremacists for condemnation. 

You should write a novel with an imagination like that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.4    2 months ago
But why did Trump mention "both sides" at all?

BECAUSE THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO THE STATUE CONTROVERSY!!!

George
Junior Expert
9.2.7  George  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.4    2 months ago

So you can't admit that Biden lied even after it has been confirmed he lied. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2.2    2 months ago

“Mr. President - we must call evil by its name,”  tweeted Sen. Cory Gardner,  R-Colorado. “These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism.”  

That was on Saturday, in response to Trump's initial statement. 

I'm so tired of people here not knowing what the hell they are talking about. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.9  JohnRussell  replied to  George @9.2.7    2 months ago

[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2.6    2 months ago

No.  There are no sides - there is no 'statue controversy' - how trumpian of you.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
9.2.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.8    2 months ago

Not as tired ,weak and lost as Biden looked.  With his mouth agape, mumbling and meandering and losing his train of thought, Joe couldn't project leadership last night.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.4    2 months ago

Indeed, the white supremacists, I would say are about 99% of his base, including many in the gop.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.8    2 months ago

"Who do you want me to condemn? Who?" the president asked Fox News moderator Chris Wallace, in an extraordinary exchange during the first presidential debate in September 2020.

Trump: "Sure, I'm willing to do that."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.14  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2.6    2 months ago

The "rally" was organized by white supremacists.  They had the permit to protest in the park where the statue was that day. 

Trump as president of the United States should have known this , especially since the night before the neo-nazis held a torchlight march around the statue shouting "Jews will not replace us". 

Of course Trump doesnt know a damn thing about anything. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.14    2 months ago
They had the permit to protest in the park where the statue was that day. 

Then why was antifa allowed there?

Trump as president of the United States should have known this , especially since the night before the neo-nazis held a torchlight march around the statue shouting "Jews will not replace us". 

Trump knew that the request for a permit and the incident that followed was all caused by people who were offended by certain statues erected to the ancestors of other people.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.16  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.2.5    2 months ago
Fellow Republicans slammed Trump’s lack of directness   and attempt to inject moral equivalence into the situation of chaos and terror. “We should call evil by its name,” tweeted Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch, the most senior Republican in the Senate. “My brother didn’t give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home.”

Orrin Hatch was directly referring to Trump's Saturday afternoon statement. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.2.17  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.16    2 months ago

And.....................

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.18  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2.15    2 months ago
Trump knew that the request for a permit and the incident that followed was all caused by people who were offended by certain statues erected to the ancestors of other people.

This is nonsense. 

I will end with Trumps words on the afternoon of the violence

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence, on many sides. On many sides."

He specifically attempted to equate "both sides" of a white supremacist rally, by claiming that "hatred" was coming from both sides. 

Case closed. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
9.2.19  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.8    2 months ago

Me too

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.2.20  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Right Down the Center @9.2.19    2 months ago

I am tired of people here thinking their opinion is gospel. You know who you are.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
9.2.21  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.18    2 months ago
This is nonsense. 

I will end with Trumps words on the afternoon of the violence

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence, on many sides. On many sides."

He specifically attempted to equate "both sides" of a white supremacist rally, by claiming that "hatred" was coming from both sides. 

Case closed. 

You do realize that what you quote doesn't say there are fine people on both sides.  Trump clearly said that all sides have bad people, too.  And Trump was absolutely correct.

Why are Democrats so laser focused on evil?  Is that some sort of new secular orthodoxy?  Or is it nothing more than than virtue signaling demagoguery?  Democrats' dog whistle morally doesn't seem to be motivated by progressive considerations.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
9.2.22  Gazoo  replied to  Nerm_L @9.2.21    2 months ago

He’s been spouting that lie since day one. I don’t expect facts to change that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2.18    2 months ago

In a news conference after the rally protesting the planned removal of a Confederate statue, Trump did say there were "very fine people on both sides," referring to the protesters and the counterprotesters. He said in the same statement he wasn't talking about neo-Nazis and white nationalists, who he said should be "condemned totally."

No, Trump Did Not Call Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists 'Very Fine People' | Snopes.com

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.24  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2.23    2 months ago

Yes, he did

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.25  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.2.20    2 months ago

The 'author' of this 'article' and his buddies?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
9.3  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @9    2 months ago

So, all you got is another Alvin Bragg prosecution.  Even Joe Biden couldn't use the 34 felony convictions to his advantage.  All that time, money, and effort to score a political point and Biden drops the ball.

Must have been a proud moment.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @9    2 months ago
he biggest lie of the night was Joe Biden once again raising the  "fine people on both sides"  hoax which was recently & finally debunked last week by  Snopes.

People like you are led around by the nose, so to speak, on subjects like this. 

Wow.  You are determined to stay in the wrong on this issue.  And all butt hurt because he didn't say EXACTLY what you wanted him to say.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
10  Nerm_L    2 months ago

Did Donald Trump defang the abortion issue? 

Democrats have been claiming that the issue of abortion has given them an insurmountable advantage for both the Presidential election and in down ballot races.  Trump was pressed on the issue and clearly stated that he agreed with the SCOTUS decision on mifepristone and he agreed with the SCOTUS decision that the issue should be addressed at the state level and not the Federal level.  Trump's stance on abortion was far more moderate than Democrats have been telling everyone.

Biden accused Trump of overturning Roe v. Wade while Trump took credit for overturning Roe v. Wade and forcing the states to decide the issue.  The moment presented a stark contrast between big government and small government social policy.  And in the contrasting context of last nights debate, Trump was the moderate.  Trump claimed Biden had adopted the radical position of no restraints on abortion and Biden did not rebut Trump's claim.  In fact, Biden doubled down on the radical rhetoric of abortion advocacy.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
11  MrFrost    2 months ago

I can't wait to vote for Biden. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
11.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @11    2 months ago

The growing anticipation and excitement has made you almost giddy.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @11.1    2 months ago

It is almost unfathomable to me how anyone could be excited to vote for Biden after last night.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
11.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @11.1    2 months ago

The growing anticipation and excitement has made you almost giddy.

You know this how? 

BTW? I would vote for Biden if he was caught snorting coke off a dead pirates wooden leg in a Motel 6. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @11.1.2    2 months ago

lol

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @11.1.2    2 months ago

It's hilarious how supporters of the former 'president' hold him to no standards whatsoever.

GregTx
Professor Guide
11.1.5  GregTx  replied to  Tessylo @11.1.4    2 months ago

Ironic...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
11.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @11.1.2    2 months ago

Motel 6 isn’t how the Bidens role.  Hunter could show Dad the power of smoking crack.  Snorting is so last century.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @11.1.2    2 months ago

No kidding.  He could murder a hooker in the middle of the day on 5th avenue and one third of Americans would vote for Biden, 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @11.1.2    2 months ago
I would vote for Biden if he was caught snorting coke off a dead pirates wooden leg in a Motel 6. 

I believe you 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
11.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  MrFrost @11    2 months ago

I don't think the pity vote is what he was going for but go for it.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
11.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MrFrost @11    2 months ago

I can't wait to vote against him.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  author  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    2 months ago

How hot is it there for all the maga cult morons?

What do these scummy turds know about Liberty?  And Patriots?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @12.1    2 months ago
How hot is it there for all the maga cult morons?

It is about the same as Maryland.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.1    2 months ago

So yes - you know what they say about mad dogs and Englishmen

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
12.1.3  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.2    2 months ago

Mad dogs and Englishmen - What's the meaning of the phrase 'Mad dogs and Englishmen'?

The expression ‘mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun’ refers to the perceived naivety of the English in their disregard for the power of the sun in hot climates.

The self-deprecating humour of the line derives from the fact that, in the 1930s when the song was written, few English had travelled abroad and those that did were entirely unprepared for the heat of the sun near the Equator – the sun in England rarely requiring protective measures.

Noel Coward wrote the song in his head on a car journey in Vietnam “without pen, paper, or piano”.

In tropical climes there are certain times of day
When all the citizens retire
To tear their clothes off and perspire.
It’s one of those rules that the greatest fools obey,
Because the sun is much too sultry
And one must avoid its ultry-violet ray.
The native grieve when the white men leave their huts,
Because they’re obviously definitely nuts!
Mad dogs and Englishmen
Go out in the midday sun,
The Japanese don’t care to.
The Chinese wouldn’t dare to,
Hindus and Argentines sleep firmly from twelve to one.
But Englishmen detest a siesta.
In the Philippines
There are lovely screen
To protect you from the glare.
In the Malay States
There are hats like plates
Which the Britishers won’t wear.
At twelve noon
The natives swoon
And no further work is done.
But mad dogs and Englishmen
Go out in the midday sun.
It’s such a surprise for the Eastern eyes to see
That though the English are effete,
They’re quite impervious to heat,
When the white man rides every native hides in glee,
Because the simple creatures hope he
Will impale his sola topi on a tree.
It seems such a shame
When the English claim
The earth
That they give rise to such hilarity and mirth.
Mad dogs and Englishmen
The toughest Burmese bandit
Can never understand it.
In Rangoon the heat of noon
Is just what the natives shun.
They put their Scotch or Rye down
And lie down.
In a jungle town
Where the sun beats down
To the rage of man and beast
The English garb
Of the English sahib
Merely gets a bit more creased.
n Bangkok
At twelve o’clock
They foam at the mouth and run,
Mad dogs and Englishmen
The smallest Malay rabbit
Deplores this foolish habit.
In Hong Kong
They strike a gong
And fire off a noonday gun
To reprimand each inmate
Who’s in late.
In the mangrove swamps
Where the python romps
There is peace from twelve till two.
Even caribous
Lie around and snooze;
For there’s nothing else to do.
In Bengal
To move at all
Is seldom, if ever done.
Go out in the midday
Out in the midday
Out in the midday
Out in the midday
Out in the midday
Out in the midday
Out in the midday sun.
Mad Dogs And Englishmen - Meaning & Origin Of The Phrase (phrases.org.uk)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @12.1.3    2 months ago

And?

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
12.1.5  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.4    2 months ago

Just giving you some historical context to the quote you inserted

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    2 months ago

Is that all he says?  Naming all the military installations/places in Virginia?  Like that means something?  And some faux patriotism?   Anyone aligning with #34 is a traitor - any gop/gqp member.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

Biden went from up 2 pre debate to down 8 per the first national poll we can track, 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @13    2 months ago

"Hello, Virginia," Trump says in first remarks since winning the debate, "Did anybody watch a thing called a debate last night? That was a big one. As you saw on television, we had a big victory against a man who is really looking to destroy our country."

"Despite the fact that crooked Joe Biden spent the entire week at Camp David resting, working, and studying—he studied very hard. He studied so hard that he didn't know what the hell he was doing. He got the debate rules he wanted. He got the date he wanted. He got the network he wanted with the moderators he wanted. No amount of rest could help him defend his atrocious record. It's not defensible."

I can't stop laughing!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1    2 months ago

The projection

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
13.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1    2 months ago

Amen.