╌>

Project 2025 Leader Unveils Plan for Life After Second American Revolution - Newsweek

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  cb  •  4 months ago  •  145 comments

By:   Matthew Impelli (Newsweek)

Project 2025 Leader Unveils Plan for Life After Second American Revolution - Newsweek
Kevin Roberts, the president of the Heritage Foundation: "In spite of all this nonsense from the left, we are going to win. We're in the process of taking this country back," Roberts said. "We are in the process of the second American Revolution, which will remain bloodless, if the left allows it to be."

Well, oops there it is. Got your attention now!

The Heritage Foundation President just threw this on the table. Sort of a,

'Nice country you got here. . .would be a shame if anything happened to it'! 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The leader of right-wing think tank The Heritage Foundation and Project 2025 recently unveiled a new plan for life in America following a "second American Revolution."

The remarks by Roberts come shortly after he appeared on Steve Bannon's WarRoom podcast this week and spoke about how a recent ruling from the U.S. Supreme Court on presidential immunity could prompt a second American Revolution.

He said the Supreme Court's judgment on Monday, that presidents are immune from prosecution for "official acts, will free them up to introduce policy without having to "triple guess, every decision they're making in their official capacity."

On Wednesday, Kevin Roberts, the president of the Heritage Foundation, which organized the Project 2025 organization, shared a series of posts on X, formerly Twitter, where he wrote, "Americans in 2024 are in the process of carrying out the Second American Revolution to take power back from the elites and despotic bureaucrats. These patriots are committed to peaceful revolution at the ballot box.

"Like the First American Revolution, the second began when a corrupt ruling class sought to overthrow the existing institutions of American life. But whereas the British passed laws and imposed colonial officials, our elites have been more subtle," Roberts wrote.

"The good news is, patriots across the country are coming together, organizing the groundwork of resistance, and fighting back. We will save the institutions that we can, start new ones wherever needed, and unapologetically destroy those that are hostile to human flourishing," Roberts added.

In a statement to Newsweek , Roberts echoed the remarks he made on X and said, "Unfortunately, it's the Left that has a long history of violence, so it's up to them to allow a peaceful transfer of power. As we saw in 2020, organized groups on the Left have the capacity to carry out violent riots, take over cities, and weaponize taxpayer-funded agencies to target their political opponents."

Roberts outlined how the ruling might help transform the federal government with conservative policy proposals, should Donald Trump win the White House in November and adopt Project 2025. The Project 2025 website states that it is a presidential transition project seeking to "build on four pillars that will, collectively, pave the way for an effective conservative administration: a policy agenda, personnel, training, and a 180-day playbook."

"In spite of all this nonsense from the left, we are going to win. We're in the process of taking this country back," Roberts said. "We are in the process of the second American Revolution, which will remain bloodless, if the left allows it to be ."

kevin-roberts.jpg?w=1200&f=7028ad0c2258b29d643b647be2d9a571

President of the Heritage Foundation Kevin Roberts address delegates during the second day of the National Conservatism conference at The Emmanuel Centre on May 16, 2023 in London, England. On July 3, 2024, Roberts, the...President of the Heritage Foundation Kevin Roberts address delegates during the second day of the National Conservatism conference at The Emmanuel Centre on May 16, 2023 in London, England. On July 3, 2024, Roberts, the leader of the Project 2025, spoke about life after a 'second American Revolution.'Leon Neal/Getty Images

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

CB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  CB    4 months ago

The Heritage Foundation President just threw this on the table. Sort of a,   'Nice country you got here. . .would be a shame if anything happened to it'! 

CB
Professor Principal
2  seeder  CB    4 months ago

Now those who lie about Project 2025 not being 'in play' in Donald's administration can . . . STOP THE LIE! 

It's Donald that is dividing the country with the help of MAGAs. Nobody else!

Donald Trump, MAGAs, and the Heritage Foundation (Project 2025) are NO GOOD!

Wake up and Vote as though these liberties you enjoy today matter most!  DON'T LET THEM STEAL THE COUNTRY AWAY IN NOVEMBER. CHEATERS KNOW HOW TO CHEAT!

CB
Professor Principal
3  seeder  CB    4 months ago
He said the Supreme Court's judgment on Monday, that presidents are immune from prosecution for "official acts, will free them up to introduce policy without having to "triple guess, every decision they're making in their official capacity."

Oops, there's your Supreme Court involvement in the scheme to take over the United States for Trumpism. If they take it, they don't plan to give it back (to you or Yours)!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4  Gsquared    4 months ago

Project 2025 is the blueprint for the reactionaries' War on America.

having to "triple guess, every decision they're making in their official capacity

Every leader should think long and hard about all of their decisions.  "Triple guessing" is a good thing.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1  devangelical  replied to  Gsquared @4    4 months ago

after seeing numerous rwnj debates play out here, I doubt if any real clairvoyance is needed to deduce when christo-fascists will devolve into some form of attack, should their theocracy project ever be implemented. thumper scum are used to rejection by popular opinion, but it's possible they could soon have a friendly new idol armed with a new SCOTUS option.

CB
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  CB  replied to  Gsquared @4    4 months ago

That is not the type of 'triple-guessing' Roberts means. Not the positive, but now Donald and 'friends' if back in office will not have to triple-guess how to stay out of the reach of the law. Just do it. . . and watch con-SCOTUS' lower courts sit on their damn hands.

SCOTUS has set a course against its public for which it should serve. This is untenable. Ordinary people need to rise up NOW! 

Con-SCOTUS is ideological, has lied to get on the court, betrayed, assaulted, and will continue to assault the public who help pay for their damn livelihood! We must demand to be treated better than this!

Happy Independence Day!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Gsquared  replied to  CB @4.2    4 months ago
That is not the type of 'triple-guessing' Roberts means.

I know.  I was using his own words against him, so to speak.

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.2  seeder  CB  replied to  Gsquared @4.2.1    4 months ago

Got it! 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5  MrFrost    4 months ago

Trump and his ilk are clearly fascists. Just remember folks, rule #1 of a fascist dictatorship is to disarm the public. All you people that love your guns? You won't have them for long if you elect trump. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
5.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @5    4 months ago
Just remember folks, rule #1 of a fascist dictatorship is to disarm the public.

Good luck with that.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.1  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1    4 months ago
Just remember folks, rule #1 of a fascist dictatorship is to disarm the public.
Good luck with that.

B leave Mr. Frost is attempting to make the "right' people aware of parts of this 2025 plan, and yes, much more than luck will be needed to accomplish as much. And one would be amazed at the number of centrists, independents, and even on the far left, that all have firearms.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2  devangelical  replied to  MrFrost @5    4 months ago

I only have 1 gun, ... that's registered... oops...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  MrFrost @5    4 months ago

As if Biden and the left, through all it's forms is any better?

Not from what I have heard them say they agree with.

Thing is neither side has the numbers if there is no compliance or cooperation if they control the government, even IF you split gun owners into political camps that they vote , there is still more firearms and ammo and personnel than the government can muster. Granted different kinds of weapons.

Here is some claimed numbers I have seen.

Gun owners ....100,000,000 that's 100 million, I think there is actually more.

US MILITARY......all branches and all components.....it fluctuates at about 2.5 million.

Alphabet government agencies that have actual armed field personnel in law enforcement training and combat skill backgrounds they could likely field 20 -60 k from all of them combined nationally.

That's not including actual LEO on the state and local levels, those would likely fall in with the locales they serve in or would likely leave their jobs , they aren't stupid.

From here , just looking at numbers the discussion can go in many different directions, but I think you get my point.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.1  seeder  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.3    4 months ago

The point is. . . the government in the hands of a true patriot who loves this country and all of its citizens which make it up and work. . .can always make MORE. And, call up patriots as needed to defend our democracy. Also, NATO can impose or aid our country in its (utterly stupid) 'darkest hour' if asked by a democratically appointed president and not a creepy wannabe tyrant and his/her henchmen and women.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.3.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @5.3.1    4 months ago

NATO ?     They would view such a thing happening as a civil war and not an attack from an outside country and likely will decline to intervene militarily 

The UN , excuse me while I catch my breath....,ok,  the UN HAS no military force , what forces they do have come from member nations, voluntarily, they have to volunteer to go into a war zone and they will have rules of engagement that will likely make them highly ineffective in an active war zone except to be excellent targets.

You speak of patriots, there is an old saying you should remember and realize how it can apply to you.

One man's patriot/ freedom fighter , is another man's terrorist.

In someone's eyes you are no better than a terrorist, be they isis or hamas.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.3  seeder  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.3.2    4 months ago

NATO can potentially amend its charter in extraordinary circumstances. With a single vote. I wrote that and remove it by editing. Sorry. Also, NATO countries would one by one or collectively cancel trade agreements with the United States or its 'affected' states, and so forth and so on.

I made no mention of UN or its agreements with the United States.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.4  seeder  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.3.2    4 months ago
In someone's eyes you are no better than a terrorist, be they isis [sic] or hamas [sic].

Anybody supporting MAGAs' unwillingness to share this country equally and diversely with their fellow citizen groups, instead shares a posture and position such as that held by the head of the Heritage Foundation has just publicly announced, choosing to destroy this country's natural growth in order to stifle and regress its natural course—is unqualified to make such a statement.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.3.5  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @5.3.3    4 months ago

Something I do know about NATO, to amend it's charter, the vote would have to be unanimous, not popular vote. It was set up that way on purpose.

But just as in Ukraine, individual countries can decide what they might do individually.

What has happened historically if  two member nations get into a conflict , they file an objection and don't get involved on eithers side , see GREECE V TURKEY.

In cases of civil war which this would likely be what it's called it is an internal political struggle, they as a group won't get involved ,individual countries will decide for themselves what they will do.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.6  seeder  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.3.5    4 months ago

Something I am sure you have heard: "Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures." 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.3.7  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @5.3.4    4 months ago

Opinions vary.

One would simply need to be as qualified as you when you make your statements.

People will always be qualified to make up their own minds on matters of interest to themselves.

You of course are free to speak your mind.you are not free to make anyone agree with or cooperate with you ,let alone comply.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.3.8  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @5.3.6    4 months ago

Since we are trading euphemisms 

Don't let your alligator mouth over load your humming bird ass is a favorite and good one.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.9  seeder  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.3.8    4 months ago

And with that you can be content to have the last word on it! :)

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.3.10  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @5.3.9    4 months ago

Actually CB, with some of our past discussions and statements we have made to each other. There is something I AM curious about.

Please do feel free not to respond though.

We have bandied back and forth about worst case scenarios, for me worst case is of course the break down of the supply chains and the governments ability to make sure things go as they should.

This means that some areas are going to have to make up the difference to insure they can continue.

Think the situation is something like that 90s movie , the postman.

Scattered communities fending for themselves.

My thought is , those communities , to survive are likely going to have to have some skill ,talent or ability that contributes to the community from it's residents.

I have thought ok what would I be able to contribute to such a community at my current age,and current skills,talent and abilities.

Me, logistics ,, transport freight movement secondary would be food procument , ie hunting, I have what I need, and the processing of it as well, field to fork thing. As well as a few construction trades knowledge and experience. Let's not forget cooking .I haven't killed myself with my own cooking yet.

Here is what I'm curious about, what do others not just you,think they would bring to the table for the communities survival as for  those things ? I ask that because I don't think I would fit in a community with my self professed skills and abilities with some one that has none and I would likely strike out alone or with like minded people. Which would be a natural right to do so.

Usually if I want the last word, I simply tell someone good luck with their plans , good luck.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.11  seeder  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.3.10    4 months ago

Your comment assumes a great deal and is meant to insult. The issue here is cities are not the wilderness plains. Other supply chains will be created out of necessity. Another saying comes to mind: "Necessity (need) is the mother of invention."

Quiet as it is kept, city people don't eat because 'frontiersmen' feed us. . . we eat because we have skills that we can market to stay alive. So far that has not required us to "kill and eat." However, rest assure - when it comes to survival. . . everything and I mean everything can/will/shall/ought to be on the table. But for that to come about would require the breaking of our society. . . and big empty buildings.  A pox on that and those who think it proper.

Our ranking in the world will plummet the instant we stop working as a united country; a diverse and talented country (the best the world has ever seen I am often told.) Bet that. Some other nation will replace us; some nation will do so with glee. We may not gain the top spot back, thereafter.

Now you can continue with sly insults and put downs. But, people have always survived the hardships of life because we have functional brains that tell us to survive or die.

Lastly, you don't know what other skills others have or can acquire in an 'instant.'  What I am told is city folks do come in larger proportional numbers than some other groups.

Now, let's back off the 'doomsday' speak for a sec and let others have a 'say.'

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.12  seeder  CB  replied to  CB @5.3.11    4 months ago

BTW, I have grown edible plants, gutted, cleaned, my own meals before in my early life. I can use memory recall and I still have the mind to do more if push comes to shove. I am sure I am not alone when it comes to 'city folks.'  Humorously, there is always Youtube as a 'back-up.'  ;)

Additionally, I don't know how the fields will work if the 'field hands' won't attend to them. . .properly. "Good luck."

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.3.13  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @5.3.11    4 months ago

CB I mentioned neither rural or urban , simply that the supply chain no longer exists as the government is also close to being if not non existent. And people would form communities I said nothing about where.

You make a good point , people can learn ,question then would be can they at advanced ages, and are they actually any good at what they are attempting to learn?

City folk do have numbers I'll give you that,but how much of their day to day living skills would be usable in the case I mentioned? If they had to leave the urban area they are accustom to with it's conveniences and abundances.i think they in this case would be in for a shock.

Unfortunately ,such things won't be coming for free ,payment will likely be based on barter or skills and abilities , and charity will likely be a rare thing depending on how large a community is .

Like I said , I was curious,nothing more nothing less.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.14  seeder  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.3.13    4 months ago
City folk do have numbers I'll give you that,but how much of their day to day living skills would be usable in the case I mentioned? If they had to leave the urban area they are accustom to with it's conveniences and abundances.i think they in this case would be in for a shock.

Nope. We won't be in shock we're compensate, exist, and even strive. What's shocking is how and to what degree some 'Americans' hate and detest their fellow citizens, that they would want to render them suppressed, repressed, silent in the culture, and/or worse in the country we all grew up in and deeply love. :(

As for advanced age, it is what it is. Another saying goes: "Nobody promised any of us a rose garden." It is what it is. 

Now let's run on and see what the 'end' is going to be for our great experiment in democracy! We're going all the way  together as a country or Bust! Or may be we're not as big-hearted a nation or good enough nation as we once thought of ourselves. Time will tell. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.3.15  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @5.3.12    4 months ago

Hmmm, internet, only would work if it's still up and running, same as most places ,as for some other stuff, well some places are better off than others in my view.

Depending how bad things are going to get.

My state is beef ,ag , and mining mostly coal oil and gas.

In the case I mentioned all that stuff will still be able to be aquired in much the same way it is now ,so no need for any more field hands. until the parts supply started to disappear,.but being an oil and gas state there are foundries that can make parts, just won't be manufacturer approved.

The state has a couple refineries to refine that oil , and absent the government , might be even cheaper .

Now this is speaking to a "better" breakdown happening than I started with, in this sort of case I do see the states doing far better than in the other case unless those states really mess up forcing a choice to stay or go somewhere doing better.

Hell we don't even have the situations mentioned and we see that happening now.

And everything I think would help me in the other situation , now simply become hobbies I enjoy doing for myself.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.3.16  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @5.3.14    4 months ago

Thumbs up to no one promised any of us a rose garden when we got old , getting old isn't for the weak. Doesn't mean we can't complain about it.

My complaint, damn bunyons....

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.17  seeder  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.3.15    4 months ago

Mark, I have already stated necessity will take care of its own needs. People have survival instincts that kick in. Heck, we do it every day; people survive grave diseases, serious accidents, deadly animal attacks, explosions (see it around the world), and plus they band together creating new social bonds. They hunker down. The Youtube remark was partially tongue in cheek. 

We will eat, sleep, urinate and defecate in holes as a nation when and where it is required. It's what people do. 

What people will not do is lose their freedoms to others who simply don't want them to have them anymore. We will fight for our lives. . .our freedoms. . . our liberties using "all the above" that is within us. BTW, that is the "American rise and success story" we have been telling each other for centuries now. I remind you half the country did not build this country; we all did with our talents and skills and internal fortitude from frontier to plains to 'hoot and hollers,' to valleys, to towns and cities, to metropolises and then outward to other lands. We did it together. It never was just conservatives. Our story has always been about a 'blended society.' Always, even when some of us were kept hidden out of public view and our roles are just now being revealed to. . . our own nation and the world.

Easy. Nope. Nobody said it would be. Indeed, it will be hard to start all over again for many/most of us - especially the mature elderly who can already feel the times slipping by.

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.18  seeder  CB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.3.16    4 months ago

I can't hop fences like I used to back in the day. But, I can cut a mean hole in one or several. Damn, with a proper crowbar, I can do some 'thangs.' 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.3.19  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @5.3.18    4 months ago

I KNOW that feeling ,mind says I ustacould, body say my mind is retarded, and my brain says we old enough we know and learned an easier way.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
5.3.20  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.3.19    4 months ago

sorry Mark this began as a comment to you and CB, but asz usual, i lost my wayand have to post it here momentarily to save for a future refference

yes, my body doesn't mind my mind much anymore, but my mind isn't made up, as it is still on the fence, CB is cutting through with his crow bar, that i'm probably flagged from, but I have knowledge that only years experiencing life can teach, and have been able to survive end thrive, rural or urban, as two different worlds where i believe some would struggle when left out of their primary, as would these younger generations raised by tv, video games, social diseased media, and an entitlement attitude lacking gratitude, for social interaction they most certainly did elude, and for thought, perhaps some food, but without a food for thought processor...the process will retard the expedited path that comes upon neither a fork, or a knife to cut through the overgrowth of ignorance, the undergrowth of intelligence, as education seems to have lost its weigh, and carry's not it's previous wait, fore those from within the community gate may find more difficult to adapt, as they trot to a poll vaulting gallop towards ineptitude, a fate too many will never preclude, for from porous cork odoriferous pungent vapors will evaporate, less they be gathered by taking that knife used to cut through the ignorance and marry it to the word salad, tossed overboard by an engine driven to propel the human spirit, that many can and many do not hear it, yet so few endear it, for watt it's worth in wool, is pulled over the eyes have it, yet can't sea the depths that these constantly consolidated condescending correspondences have done created, an instrument to stack itself upon a sell fit for a king to rule the yard where vegans meat slaps down the hand that feeds in metered measurements, quantities to offset the quality of life divided in a land where life, liberty, and freedom, NOT Levin,  had all once been provided  , and spooning the spork to bite the terror contained in the tera bytes into the apples core, where seeded is purely a will 

and where there is a will....

there must be a past, 

yet we forget, not inn allways, a future

CB
Professor Principal
5.3.21  seeder  CB  replied to  Igknorantzruls @5.3.20    4 months ago

Happy Fourth of July, Iggy! 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  MrFrost @5    3 months ago
Trump and his ilk are clearly fascists.

When did Trump censor the public?

When did Trump attempt to put political opponents in prison?

Just remember folks, rule  #1  of a fascist dictatorship is to disarm the public.

Just like the Democrats have been trying to do?  

All you people that love your guns? You won't have them for long if you elect trump. 

And you base this on what?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.4    3 months ago

My God, will this "fascist" bullshit ever end?

Which Administration is trying to control the press?

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.4.2  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @5.4.1    3 months ago

which candidate has threatened to prosecute media journalists?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.3  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @5.4.2    3 months ago

A question in response to another question is foolishness.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.4.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @5.4.1    3 months ago

First they have to learn the definition of "fascist" and understand it.  Until then there's nothing that will stop it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.5  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.4.4    3 months ago
First they have to learn the definition of "fascist" and understand it. 

We are doomed to hear it for years to come then.

Sigh.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.4.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @5.4.5    3 months ago

sadly.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.4.7  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @5.4.1    3 months ago
Which Administration is trying to control the press?

Both.

(That's what politicians do!)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.8  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @5.4.7    3 months ago

Sorry, but there is only the Biden Admin presently.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    4 months ago

I'm more concerned about what might happen in America if Biden wins, cause, after all, who has the most guns and ammo?  If Trump wins, at least I'm on the other side of the world safe from "The Downfall of the American Empire".  If my son and my family were not living in Milwuakee I really would no longer care about what happens to America - there was a time I loved America, spent much of my time alll over America, been to and seen more of America than a lot of Americans, even owned and spent time at a golf condo in Florida, but all that was decades ago, and America is no longer what it was for me back then.  I wish you good luck, my good friends on NT.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
6.1  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6    4 months ago
America is no longer what it was for me back then. 

Yes Buzz, it is not just like it was back then, but i've caught your take on our current situations, and yes, in the inner cities be wary of where you go and know where to avoid, cause yes, there are plenty of places to avoid, but it is not as bad as you appear to view it, imho.

The majority of these United States are fine to see and visit. Where there is economical down trodden environments, like anywhere, one needs to be aware. I've worked in some rough neighborhoods in Philly, Camden, Trenton, and Wilmington, and somehow survived. The areas that one needs to be wary of, are so minascule when looking at the country as a whole, and yes, asz a holes are present, but not prevalent.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Igknorantzruls @6.1    4 months ago

In all the places I have been in America, from the time for my first visit when my mother took me as a tiny infant in a basket to Baltimore (and, coincidentally, Baltimore was the last place in America I was in about 18 years ago to attend my son's wedding) I never had any concern for my safety no matter where I was in America for even a single second, and I was in every normal place for a tourist to be in imaginable.  Oh, I was in Alcatraz, but as a tourist. LOL   

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.2  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Igknorantzruls @6.1    4 months ago

sorta wondered off course, then spilled my beer, and tjat isn't good, as i can't get it anymore, what a travesty, and Buzz, i was only responding to some of your responses where you seemed very wary of the states, and it was usually associated with gun violence as i recall. So beyond that, which is of course a concern, our current Divided states of America, is a political train wreck in motion, no doubt, and thus Y i come here to vent, as opposed to a local watering hole, wherew i am shortly headed. Everyone have a Happy Forth and a swell weekend, could be my last Independence day as a free citizen, if ole Trump and the 2025 plan have their ways, and to that I say FCK YOU Trump and 2025, cause till i'm dead, i'll think and speak out my thoughts, cause my rights are currently still in effect, and I plan on defending those rights, till left, or wrong, or dead  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.1    4 months ago

Little baby Buzz

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Igknorantzruls @6.1    4 months ago

You think the gun violence is limited to depressed areas?  Are parades depressed areas, was Las Vegas a depressed area, were the schools in depressed areas, was a Buffalo grocery store in a depressed area, was the guy who drove up the wrong driveway in a depressed area, were the synagogues in a depressed area, and the real kicker, was the man sitting in his living room reading who got shot by a stray bullet crashed through his window.  Sorry, Ig, I don't buy the "depressed area" excuse.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.5  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.4    4 months ago
Sorry, Ig, I don't buy the "depressed area" excuse.

i didn't know i was selling an "excuse" ?

The odds of getting shot in your examples are far greater than winning the lottery or being struck by lightning i would guess, but could be wrong. 

My point was , yes, there are far too many mass shootings, just that one is highly unlikely to be involved in any, and the chances of being harmed in any way, shot or other, are miniscule unless in the downtrodden areas i described.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Igknorantzruls @6.1.5    4 months ago

America's gun-lovers will agree with you, but the statistics do not.  IMO the odds are still not what a "CIVILIZED" country should have to live through.  I'm not a gambler, and I won't stand under a tree in a thunderstorm yet I once won $5000. in a lottery and another time won an all-paid 10-day trip to Rio de Janiero where my then-wife refused to go so I had to trade it with the travel agency for a week in Miami Beach, when it was so cold we had to wear sweaters to lie on the beach on the three days we could go outside.   So what are the odds of shitty weather in Miami Beach?  Get my point?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.7  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.6    3 months ago
another time won an all-paid 10-day trip to Rio de Janiero where my then-wife refused to go

Why?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.8  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.6    3 months ago
 So what are the odds of shitty weather in Miami Beach? 

There's a new term for things like that-- an expression that's gaining popularity especially on "the Street" (Wall St.). They call very rare occurences when they happen a "Black Swan Event")

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @6.1.7    3 months ago

I think she was afraid of being there, different culture, different language, maybe there was more violence there.  I really can't recall any specific reason. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @6.1.8    3 months ago

Maybe it was just bad luck.  I've been to Florida so many times and it is the only time I can remember when the weather was so bad for so many days.

CB
Professor Principal
7  seeder  CB    4 months ago

2025Mandate_Cover.jpg

This is 900 plus pages of the so-called 'FUTURE' of the United States. 

Read it (any part of it) and weep.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
7.1  Igknorantzruls  replied to  CB @7    4 months ago

The little i have read, is truly disturbing in my opine

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.1  seeder  CB  replied to  Igknorantzruls @7.1    4 months ago

Stand up for your rights. There can be no going back. There is nothing there.  The Langoliers* have removed the past.

* Stephen King movie 1995.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Igknorantzruls @7.1    3 months ago

it's the death warrant of christo-fascism.

CB
Professor Principal
7.2  seeder  CB  replied to  CB @7    4 months ago

For those of us who read through or portions of "Project 2025, Mandate for Leadership" (link at @7 above) sponsored by The Heritage Foundation, a conservative think-tank and former officials of the Trump Administration (supported by Donald himself). . .if you see yourself agreeing with it. . . then you know where you are on the spectrum. If you do not agree. . . it's clear you must do something this fall to save your place in this society (because now it is up to you and others like me). 

CB
Professor Principal
8  seeder  CB    4 months ago
The leader of right-wing think tank The Heritage Foundation and Project 2025 recently unveiled a new plan for life in America following a "second American Revolution."

So, . . .this "second American Revolution" has already begun. Interesting. As the title of "Project 2025" posits MAGAs controlling our government in 2025. BTW, MAGAs told a lie when they said that January 6, 2021 was not an insurrection. Clearly, it was according to the bigger plan for 2025.

Will we recognize our shared country this time NEXT year?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  JohnRussell  replied to  CB @8    3 months ago

Trump is in favor of a loyalty (to him) test for every government employee.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.1  seeder  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    3 months ago

It would 'sack' government and ruin proper careers. Liberals need to 'buy-in' and do so quick on their "Biden problem" or its counter-offering and move back into the stream of what's being said. . . and prepared!

CB
Professor Principal
9  seeder  CB    4 months ago

What this discussion is highlighting is we have people in this country willing to destroy it as it is, before sharing it equally in diversification or inclusivity. This has always been their subtext. As it turns out, there is apparently too much freedom for some of us and others of us are jealous of our use of it!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  JohnRussell  replied to  CB @9    3 months ago

Christian nationalist won't stop until the Bible is the most important book in every school classroom

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.1  seeder  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    3 months ago

That can not happen. It simply must not be allowed to happen in this day and age. The Church needs to look after its own 'books' of the Bible and be content with doing so!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    3 months ago
Christian nationalist won't stop until the Bible is the most important book in every school classroom

It's fun to watch progressives try and scare people into believing "christian nationalists" are about to take over the country.

The problem is every single adult understands America is becoming more secular by the minute and has been for decades. 

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.3  seeder  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.2    3 months ago

That is not a condemnation of Mr. Roberts statement coming from a conservative. Perhaps, start it that!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.2    3 months ago
The problem is every single adult understands America is becoming more secular by the minute

thats kind of the christian nationalists point and complaint

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.2    3 months ago

So you don't have a problem with the bible being taught in public schools and the posting of the 10 commandments in public schools then?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.2    3 months ago
It's fun to watch progressives try and scare people into believing "christian nationalists" are about to take over the country.

One day it's the Christian nationalists, one day it's MAGA, one day it's Trump, one day it's the GOP, one day it is conservatives, one day it's Nazis, one day it's fascists.

A whole week, constant rotation.

Boring.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
9.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.2    3 months ago
The problem is every single adult understands America is becoming more secular by the minute and has been for decades.

And that is what the christian nationalists are up in arms about.  And what project 2025 is designed to reverse.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @9.1.8    3 months ago

They want their white supremacist christian nationalist nazi theocracy which is what project 2025 is

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.4    3 months ago

ind of the christian nationalists point and complaint

great! Then you understand they are losing popularity, power and influence by the day and becoming  ever more unlikely to obtain power. So why the hysteria?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.10    3 months ago
So why the hysteria?

because Biden is in trouble and they are afraid he will lose to Trump.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.7    3 months ago

Seriously, its a different boogyman every day of the week. They crave the feeling of being oppressed. Hence all the fake hate crimes.  

Now they think they live in a theocracy unless men can play women sports or children are allowed to be mutilated.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.12    3 months ago
Now they think they live in a theocracy unless men can play women sports or children are allowed to be mutilated. 

they are far more concerned with some 'plan" they swear will be implemented if Trump wins.

Just the usual fear-mongering and the usual deflection from Biden's troubles.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.14  seeder  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.2    3 months ago

It's the oddest thing for a Christian to believe, even I, "once upon a time" considered that secularists were out to persecute the Church only to discover that it is a grouping of the Church that has the audacity to persecute and offend secularists (more). Even to the point (of being so vile a grouping of Church folks) to threaten the lives of their fellow citizens with political and hints of literal bloodletting. Shame on Rightwing Evangelicals. Shame on you!

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.15  seeder  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.6    3 months ago

It is good we can see the scheme. Now we have to combine to see that it never comes to past. Project 2025 and a new Trump presidency must not be. 

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.16  seeder  CB  replied to  Ozzwald @9.1.8    3 months ago

As a Christian, I want the Church (all of it) to stay in its 'lane' and its 'place' in society. And, that location is not running the government of a free nation. And as a body that is designed to be at peace with its 'neighors'. . .the hateful rhetoric and possessing of guns for OFFENSIVE purposes, and the 'mountain' of lies coming out of Evangelicals is cause to ABANDON the church and not abide the Faith itself—it has been in the past and looks to be made a mockery of once again!

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.17  seeder  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.10    3 months ago

That comment is in defense of people who lie to the public on a daily basis. It is not hysteria to call out the lying, the division-makers, and those who are freedom-'killers' of their fellow inhabitants of this great nation of people.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.18  seeder  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.12    3 months ago

Strawman. Read the damndable quote:

Kevin Roberts, the president of the Heritage Foundation: "In spite of all this nonsense from the left, we are going to win. We're in the process of taking this country back," Roberts said. "We are in the process of the second American Revolution, which will remain bloodless, if the left allows it to be."

and apply those abilities to comprehend that each of us have just as much as you. This 'boogeyman' is already taken to 'crawling, walking, and now talking. . . .' We don't have to sit around and wait for what comes NEXT!  

Worse, Sean your sidestepping of the fact of the statement is on record here. However, we see not mention on the record of a CONDEMNATION of the 'bearer' of the statement and his Heritage Foundation! 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.1.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.7    3 months ago

It must be a sad life to have that much baseless nonsense to freak out over.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9.1.19    3 months ago

Instead of worrying over something that most likely will never come to pass, how about them concentrating on what their hero Joe IS doing?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.21  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @9.1.18    3 months ago

The "violent" Left won the Revolutionary War and kicked Britain back across the pond

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.1.22  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.20    3 months ago

Look at them freaking out over the Sleepy Joe's performance during the debate.  So many pathetic excuses and deflections it makes ones head spin.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9.1.22    3 months ago

And Biden is staying in, he will not be replaced on the ballot.

As if we didn't already know Democrats were sticking with him.

I wonder what the odds are that Biden will do any more debates.

I'm betting he refuses.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.1.24  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.23    3 months ago
And Biden is staying in, he will not be replaced on the ballot.

He kind of has to.  What are the democrats going to do with all those ballots with Sleepy Joe already selected?

I wonder what the odds are that Biden will do any more debates. I'm betting he refuses.

I think it will be slim to none.  I'd love to hear the pathetic excuses would be.  Being sick and "jet lag" used after the last one were pretty pathetic.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9.1.24    3 months ago

I think Biden will have a big problem.

Failure to debate again makes him look like he is running scared. Also makes those backing him look foolish.

Actually debating again opens him up to another disastrous performance. I have faith another such performance will be seen by enough to swing the election.  America loves to watch a train wreck!

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.26  seeder  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9.1.24    3 months ago

This exchange is OFF-TOPIC any more of it will be removed.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.1.27  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.25    3 months ago

Another debate will confirm what everybody else has been saying for years - He's a failure that should have never been put in that position.  Those baking him already look foolish, right now they are in panic mode trying to figure out how they can keep this geriatric clown and not smell like a septic tank. Either way, they're screwed.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.1.28  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @9.1.26    3 months ago

[]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
9.1.29  Ozzwald  replied to  CB @9.1.16    3 months ago
As a Christian, I want the Church (all of it) to stay in its 'lane' and its 'place' in society.

And what I want is the church to get out of the way and allow society to progress without the church constantly hanging on to its coattails trying to drag it backwards.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
9.1.30  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ozzwald @9.1.29    3 months ago

[deleted][]

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1.31  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.7    3 months ago

Maybe it the news sources you read?

(What I see is that every day there are all those things. And also their opposites).

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1.32  Krishna  replied to  Ozzwald @9.1.29    3 months ago
And what I want is the church to get out of the way and allow society to progress without the church constantly hanging on to its coattails trying to drag it backwards.

There's an old saying:

Energy flows where attention goes.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.33  Texan1211  replied to  Krishna @9.1.31    3 months ago
Maybe it the news sources you read

My comment is based solely on the comments here daily.

CB
Professor Principal
10  seeder  CB    4 months ago

Happy Fourth of July, stateside! 

What are your hopes and plans for the next one, 2025?

CB
Professor Principal
11  seeder  CB    4 months ago

Oh, the projection and the irony of Donald running off at the mouth about, 'independence' and not dividing up the country through Trumpism's 'unity.' MAGAs are now freely talking about a blood takeover of our government (PROJECT 2025). . . and still some are snoozing on it. Unbelievable!

CB
Professor Principal
12  seeder  CB    3 months ago

Well, I trust we are all back safe and sound. :) Let's discuss what we expect to see NEXT July 4tth!

CB
Professor Principal
13  seeder  CB    3 months ago
P2025-logo_full.png

The 2025 Presidential Transition Project paves the way for an effective conservative Administration based on four pillars: a policy agenda, Presidential Personnel Database, Presidential Administration Academy, and playbook for the first 180 days of the next Administration.

Project 2025 is the playbook of conservatives for the NEXT [Trump] administration should it come to be. Anything else different you are told about it being 'harmless' is an attempt at mind manipulation and an outright lie.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.1  JohnRussell  replied to  CB @13    3 months ago

Trump didn't read that whole thing, it is the size of a small telephone book.   

But he will listen to them and do what he can once they make a contribution to his legal defense fund

CB
Professor Principal
13.1.1  seeder  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @13.1    3 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
14  seeder  CB    3 months ago

The Heritage president and producers of Project 2025 let it 'drop': They will NOT accept the results of the 2024 Presidential Election if Donald loses!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1  JohnRussell  replied to  CB @14    3 months ago

Kevin Roberts , a Christian nationalist, is rumored to be on the shortlist to be Trumps chief of staff if he gets back in office. 

CB
Professor Principal
14.1.1  seeder  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1    3 months ago

Oh really, A Christian Nationalist? That is quite interesting and speaks volumes.

CB
Professor Principal
15  seeder  CB    3 months ago

Where are the conservatives (virtually and real-world) condemning this call to literal arms;  and, where are the conservatives calling for the resignation of the Heritage Foundation president?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
15.1  JohnRussell  replied to  CB @15    3 months ago
Where are the conservatives (virtually and real-world) condemning this call to literal arms

they like it so why would they condemn it

CB
Professor Principal
15.1.1  seeder  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @15.1    3 months ago

Good question! :)

cjcold
Professor Quiet
16  cjcold    3 months ago

It was/is the Heritage Foundation that was behind the science denying anthropogenic global climate change deniers. They are the reason that I started on-line in the first place. Anything they are for, I'm against.

CB
Professor Principal
16.1  seeder  CB  replied to  cjcold @16    3 months ago

These people want to run the country for the first 160 days of a Donald presidency. . . and beyond. It's very dangerous rhetoric being voiced by Heritage's President!

CB
Professor Principal
17  seeder  CB    3 months ago

PROJECT 2025:  "From the moment of conception, every human being possesses inherent dignity and worth.  And our humanity does not depend on our age, stage of development, race, or abilities."

Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES

Roger Severino

Goal #1: Protecting Life, Conscience, and Bodily Integrity. The Secretary should pursue a robust agenda to protect the fundamental right to life, protect conscience rights, and uphold bodily integrity rooted in biological realities, not ideology. From the moment of conception, every human being possesses inherent dignity and worth, and our humanity does not depend on our age, stage of development, race, or abilities. The Secretary must ensure that all HHS programs and activities are rooted in a deep respect for innocent human life from day one until natural death: Abortion and euthanasia are not health care. 

A robust respect for the sacred rights of conscience, both at HHS and among governments and institutions funded by it, increases choices for patients and program beneficiaries and furthers pluralism and tolerance. The Secretary must protect Americans’ civil rights by ensuring that HHS programs and activities follow the letter and spirit of religious freedom and conscience-protection laws. Radical actors inside and outside government are promoting harmful identity politics that replaces biological sex with subjective notions of “gender identity” and bases a person’s worth on his or her race, sex, or other identities. This destructive dogma, under the guise of “equity,” threatens American’s fundamental liberties as well as the health and well-being of children and adults alike. The next Secretary must ensure that HHS programs protect children’s minds and bodies and that 
HHS programs respect parents’ basic right to direct the upbringing, education, and care of their children.

Page 450.

There is your "national abortion ban" taking shape in the Heritage Foundation intent to act in 2025. A Trump secretary of health will 'cut out' what s/he perceives to be any effort by a woman or man to intercept the life of an embroyo: "our humanity does not depend on our age, stage of development, race, or abilities."

Girls, women, according to MAGAs you WILL/you MUST have the child 'placed,' 'raped,' or 'gifted,' into your wombs. 

Read it and weep. Then, get up and go vote for RESTORATION of your privacy right to your womb at the federal level!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
17.1  Gsquared  replied to  CB @17    3 months ago

They are so full of it.  Seriously.

CB
Professor Principal
17.1.1  seeder  CB  replied to  Gsquared @17.1    3 months ago

These people's discontent with others in this country is so deep that (sigh) they only see "others" here as profit-making/career making machines for their 'cultural wars.' They never let up. They are going after medicare and medicaid too. (It's in the 'Project.') 

Now that they have a conservative SCOTUS, they see the sky as their limit to reversing all the progress (ever) made in this country by liberals and progressives. It's so sad. Just so pathetically sickening that a pathology of a group can sicken "the whole load" (if you know what I mean).

Gsquared
Professor Principal
17.1.2  Gsquared  replied to  CB @17.1.1    3 months ago

I know exactly what you mean.

CB
Professor Principal
17.1.3  seeder  CB  replied to  Gsquared @17.1.2    3 months ago

"the whole loaf." Damn all the keys on the keyboard! :) And, still no condemnation from farRight politicians, farRight scholars, farRight religious leaders, or farRight 'anybody.' over Roberts telling "the Left" in other words to 'throw' this presidential election or 'pay' in blood.' (In other words to that effect.)

Krishna
Professor Expert
17.1.4  Krishna  replied to  CB @17.1.3    3 months ago
still no condemnation from farRight politicians, farRight scholars, farRight religious leaders, or farRight 'anybody.'

Still no condemnation of a Right-wing organization...from farRight scholars?

I am shocked-- shocked I tell you!

(Usually I'd post the relevant scene from Casablanca, but at this point I imagine most people are pretty familiar with it-- so there's no point)

CB
Professor Principal
17.1.5  seeder  CB  replied to  Krishna @17.1.4    3 months ago

Trumpists clearly like their mandate, and they like their liberals 'unarmed.'

CB
Professor Principal
18  seeder  CB    3 months ago

PROJECT 2025"Unfortunately, many of the faith based adoption agencies that serve these children are under threat from lawsuits, or else their licenses and contracts have been halted because they cannot in good conscience place children in every household due to their religious belief that a child should have a married mother and father."

"Congress should pass the Child Welfare Provider Inclusion Act62 to ensure that providers and organizations cannot be subjected to discrimination for providing adoption and foster care services based on their beliefs about marriage."

Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES

Roger Severino

Adoption Reform. There are roughly 400,000 children across the nation on the waiting list for foster care and 100,000 awaiting adoptive families, and the opioid/fentanyl crisis is putting more at risk every day.

Unfortunately, many of the faith-based adoption agencies that serve these children are under threat from lawsuits, or else their licenses and contracts have been halted because they cannot in good conscience place children in every household due to their religious belief that a child should have a married mother and father.

HHS, through ACF and the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources (ASFR), should repeal the unnecessary 2016 regulation 61 that imposes non-statutory sexual orientation and gender identity nondiscrimination conditions on agency grants and return to the policy of maximizing the options for placing vulnerable children in their forever homes. ACF and OCR should also survey their programs to consider whether additional waivers of HHS grant conditions—waivers the Biden Administration revoked in 2021—are needed for faith-based agencies.

Additionally, Congress should pass the Child Welfare Provider Inclusion Act 62 to ensure that providers and organizations cannot be subjected to discrimination for 
providing adoption and foster care services based on their beliefs about marriage.

That is, allow bigots and haters of others to not change but have the 'golden' financial opportunity to teach a new generation/generations of adopted kids a form of hate. Thus, not ending the cycle of hate in the future but ENSURING its proliferation 'forever.'

Gsquared
Professor Principal
18.1  Gsquared  replied to  CB @18    3 months ago

Another Trump presidency and the imposition of Project 2025 will sound the death knell of American democracy.

Remember how not too long ago the reactionaries' propaganda was centered on fear mongering about the totally innocuous 1619 Project before they moved on to other targets of their fake outrage.  Meanwhile, they were probably already planning out their malignant Project 2025.

CB
Professor Principal
18.1.1  seeder  CB  replied to  Gsquared @18.1    3 months ago

It is malignancy, isn't it?  I mean really, Gsquared. People move on. People begin to 'try' to work together. Kids in public schools largely and 99.99 percent get along across racial, ethnic, and cultural difference as they are 'drawn together' and even bond to be life-long friends. But, then we discover a 'boatload" of vipers and many-eyed malignancies that has been secretly posing in the shadows. . . hating our freedoms, detesting our joys, and scheming our downfall. What a betrayal. What a stench. What a hollowing out of trust in (some) of our fellow 'men.'

Sadly, there can be no harmony with some people. Only dis-harmony.

evilone
Professor Guide
18.1.2  evilone  replied to  Gsquared @18.1    3 months ago
Another Trump presidency and the imposition of Project 2025 will sound the death knell of American democracy.

Once they try it there may be enough opposition to finally ouster the far right wing populists from power for the next generation. Seems we have to go through the same cycle time and time again for people to recognize authoritarianism for themselves before they too put it down. It will be bloodless if the populists let it be.

devangelical
Professor Principal
18.1.3  devangelical  replied to  evilone @18.1.2    3 months ago
It will be bloodless if the populists let it be.

good luck with that...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @18.1    3 months ago

Nothing quite like raw speculation and spectacular fear mongering!!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
18.1.5  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @18.1.4    3 months ago

Nothing quite like the total ignorance and sheer stupidity of Comment 18.1.4.

fineline
Freshman Silent
18.1.6  fineline  replied to  Gsquared @18.1    3 months ago

They must believe that old saying, "When you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance"! I consider what they say as a personal threat and will react accordingly !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @18.1.5    3 months ago

18.1 is the chart topper for over the top ignorance and bloviating.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
18.1.8  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @18.1.7    3 months ago

Comment 18.1.7 is stupidity on steroids.  It's so far down the shitter it makes ordinary trolling look good.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @18.1.8    3 months ago

And now comment 18.1 has real competition.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
18.1.10  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @18.1.9    3 months ago

Comment 18.1.9 is idiotic, but Comment 18.1.7 still wins for stupidest trolling comment of this thread.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @18.1.10    3 months ago

No thoughtful commentary or rational rebuttal are contained in your post.

"Uh-huh" is a poor substitute for either.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
18.1.12  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @18.1.11    3 months ago

Nothing but trolling is contained in any of your posts on this thread.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @18.1.12    3 months ago
Nothing but trolling is contained in any of your posts on this thread.  

If you apply the same standards to your own posts............................................then you will arrive at the truth at long last!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
18.1.14  Gsquared  impassed  Texan1211 @18.1.13    3 months ago
✋🏼

CB
Professor Principal
19  seeder  CB    3 months ago

Can you feel it? Donald thinking he is just mere months from being "First 'King' of the United States of America."  

We're not ready, Donald. Nuh-uh. We're not calling you, "Sire." 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
19.1  Gsquared  replied to  CB @19    3 months ago

What we are telling His Majesty loud and clear is:  Bite me!

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
19.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @19.1    3 months ago
Bite me!

I've always thought it is an odd, paradoxical expression.

Krishna
Professor Expert
19.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @19.1.1    3 months ago

Personally, I'm a big fan of paradoxical expressions-- the odder the better!

But I haven't heard that one in quite a while-- perhaps its dying out?

Krishna
Professor Expert
19.1.3  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @19.1.2    3 months ago

Personally, I'm a big fan of paradoxical expressions-- the odder the better!

But I haven't heard that one in quite a while-- perhaps its dying out?

And if anyone here disagrees, I'd just like to say:

BITE ME!!! jrSmiley_1_smiley_image.png

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
19.1.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Krishna @19.1.3    3 months ago

I still enjoy it when someone tells me to kiss their ass, it means it's either leading to a really good time or one hell of a fight.

Example of leading to a fight:

Them:  kiss my ass

Me: mark the spot because your all ass, and don't say the brown part cuz it's all brown because of your hygiene.

CB
Professor Principal
20  seeder  CB    3 months ago

Well, this article seems to have done its due. I will lock it. Thank you all for sharing. More Heritage Foundation "in the news" coming soon!

CB
Professor Principal
21  seeder  CB    3 months ago

Project 2025: Staffing the Next Conservative Administration | #Heritage50

ATTENTION: 2025 is going to be a true political warfare year if Trumpism wins this November's election!

This is a very informative video. For all of us! If you watch it you will be INFORMED: FOR or AGAINST PROJECT 2025

Also, at 7:35 minutes pay close scrutiny to what "the Kuch' says about "their" (2025) president (Donald Trump) leaving EOs to make legislative changes in the law that are permanent . Implying Trumpism/trumpists control over house and senate.

Be informed. 

CB
Professor Principal
22  seeder  CB    3 months ago

This article has a new Project 2025 video for review. Check it out!

CB
Professor Principal
23  seeder  CB    3 months ago

How much damage to our national records can occur in a Project 2025-ran 'world'?