╌>

Taylor Swift has endorsed Trump for president . . . (or not?)

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  2 months ago  •  29 comments

By:    By Elizabeth Wagmeister and Kate Sullivan

Taylor Swift has endorsed Trump for president . . . (or not?)
Trump posts fake AI images of Taylor Swift and Swifties, falsely suggesting he has the singer’s support

(Photo credit: Hello! magazine)

Related:

1. Taylor Swift Harris Endorsement 'Likely,' Says Expert

2.  Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour Could Generate $4.6 Billion For Local Economies

3. Taylor Swift Fans Make the Ground Shake, Seismic Activity Detected During Concerts

4.  What Do Terrorists Have Against Taylor Swift Fans? Everything.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Taylor Swift has yet to endorse any presidential candidate this election cycle. But former President Donald Trump says he accepts the superstar’s non-existent endorsement.

Trump posted “I accept!” on his Truth Social account, along with a carousel of (Swift) images – at least some of which appear to be AI-generated.

One of the AI-manipulated photos depicts Swift as Uncle Sam with the text, “Taylor wants you to vote for Donald Trump.” The other photos depict fans of Swift wearing “Swifties for Trump” T-shirts.

Swift’s fans – known as Swifties – have gotten political this election cycle. Immediately after President Joe Biden stepped aside and endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris, a large group of Swift’s fans formed a community called “ Swifties for Kamala ,” which is not affiliated with the singer.

The group, which has mobilized Swift fans to help elect Harris and other Democratic candidates down the ballot, has more than 60,000 followers on X.

Swift, who was not political for the first decade of her career, has been vocally supportive of Democratic candidates and policies in recent years. She is an advocate of the LGBTQ community and has spoken frequently about women’s rights and reproductive health.

Swift  tweeted about her disdain for Trump  in 2020, writing, “After stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism your entire presidency, you have the nerve to feign moral superiority before threatening violence? ‘When the looting starts the shooting starts’??? We will vote you out in November.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

Trump posted “I accept!” on his Truth Social account, along with a carousel of (Swift) images – at least some of which appear to be AI-generated.

One of the AI-manipulated photos depicts Swift as Uncle Sam with the text, “Taylor wants you to vote for Donald Trump.” The other photos depict fans of Swift wearing “Swifties for Trump” T-shirts.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    2 months ago

It's hard to understand why there is no indication why Taylor Swift has not started legal proceedings seeking an injunction against Trump using her identity, as so many other musicians have done, or at least made a very public statement that the very one who cries "election theft" has stolen her identity without her permission, and that she would NEVER support or vote for Trump.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

Swift’s fans – known as #Swifties – have gotten political this election cycle. Immediately after President Joe Biden stepped aside and endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris, a large group of Swift’s fans formed a community called #Swifties for Kamala ,” which is not affiliated with the singer.

The group, which has mobilized Swift fans to help elect Harris and other Democratic candidates down the ballot, has more than 60,000 followers on X.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2    2 months ago

I'm surprised it's not a lot more, but I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers grow quickly. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    2 months ago

Swift, who was not political for the first decade of her career, has been vocally supportive of Democratic candidates and policies in recent years. She is an advocate of the LGBTQ community and has spoken frequently about women’s rights and reproductive health.

Swift    tweeted about her disdain for Trump    in 2020, writing, “After stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism your entire presidency, you have the nerve to feign moral superiority before threatening violence? ‘When the looting starts the shooting starts’??? We will vote you out in November.”

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @3    2 months ago

So?   It's about time she opened her mouth about this. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4  Gsquared    2 months ago

He is desperate. 

I don't anticipate her letting this go unanswered for too long.  I understand that she is finishing up a brief European concert tour tonight, then heading home.  Trump can expect a huge backlash from her.  She is going to slam him up one side and down the other.  Swift retribution.  Look out Donald!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Gsquared @4    2 months ago

He is desperate. 

Definitely. There have been several reports that's he generally in a foul mood. It seems he knows he will lose the election and is freaking out!

I don't anticipate her letting this go unanswered for too long.  I understand that she is finishing up a brief European concert tour tonight, then heading home.  Trump can expect a huge backlash from her.  She is going to slam him up one side and down the other.  Swift retribution.  Look out Donald!

And her fanbase is YUGE!!!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.1    2 months ago
And her fanbase is YUGE!!!

They are all ages, but the majority are pretty young. So most of them spend hours every day on Tik Tok and other social media.  Some of them have a tremendous number of followers.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.1.1    2 months ago

They might not be able to vote this November, but in 2 or 4 years they might. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gsquared @4    2 months ago

From your fingertips to Swift's eyes. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    2 months ago

I was just wondering who in the past had the kind of people power that Taylor Swift has today.  Frank Sinatra?  Elvis?  The Beatles?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    2 months ago

Its not Taylor Swift that makes her "Taylor Swift", its social media. 

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.1  JBB  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 months ago

According to her fans it is her songs, her voice and her message!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  JBB @5.1.1    2 months ago

There are many many musicians that have had as much talent or more than Taylor Swift. Almost none of them have had the social media presence. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    2 months ago

Swift has 50 million Instagram followers

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    2 months ago

Which would establish just how powerful and dangerous social media can be, all because of computers and internet and why I wish I were back in the early 1950s before they existed rather than now, notwithstanding all the subsequent developments in science, medicine, technology and whatever else. 

Thomas
Masters Guide
5.1.5  Thomas  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 months ago
Its not Taylor Swift that makes her "Taylor Swift", its social media. 

While I mostly agree that  social media plays a large part in her creation of character, I don't think you can separate out one element from the mix. She has had 15+ years to utilize every aspect of the social media landscape. She is who she is not because of social media, but because she has used social media to her benefit. She is a savvy player. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    2 months ago
Almost none of them have had the social media presence.

One reason for that was in the not too distant past-- there was no "social media"!

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Thomas @5.1.5    2 months ago
She has had 15+ years to utilize every aspect of the social media landscape

Tik Tok was started in 2016.

Tik Tok is probably the most popular with Gen Z (Currently aged 12-27).

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.8  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    one month ago
There are many many musicians that have had as much talent or more than Taylor Swift. Almost none of them have had the social media presence. 

If that's true-- why do you think that is?
(its not difficult to post on social media-- and unlike more "conventional media"-- its free!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.9  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1.8    one month ago
If that's true-- why do you think that is?(its not difficult to post on social media-- and unlike more "conventional media"-- its free!)

And as a matter of fact-- on some social media sites you get paid! (Youtube is one example-- in fact there's more than one way to generate revenue on YouTube.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.10  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1.9    one month ago
And as a matter of fact-- on some social media sites you get paid! (Youtube is one example-- in fact there's more than one way to generate revenue on YouTube.

Here's an article about that:

How To Make Money on YouTube in 2024: 7 Simple Strategies

From ads and merch to affiliate marketing, learn how to build an audience and make money from your YouTube channel.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.11  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    one month ago

There are many many musicians that have had as much talent or more than Taylor Swift.

Of course that is a matter of opinion.

Almost none of them have had the social media presence.

I was wondering why that is. Probably either because she's organizing it? Or perhaps she has so many ardent fans-- and so many of them are rather young. (As a general rule, the younger the person the more time they spend of social media).

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    one month ago
I was just wondering who in the past had the kind of people power that Taylor Swift has today.  Frank Sinatra?  Elvis?  The Beatles?

In terms of the percentage of the population that were fans-- I would say probably all of them.

Probably the difference might be that social media makes it much easier to express opinions to the masses-- quickly and easily.

Let's say you were a fan of Frank Sinatra-- how many people could you communicate that feeling to-- back in the day?

How would you do it-- letters to the editor?

(Or perhaps you could call friends and family members-- after a while you might have communicated with maybe 5 or 6 people?)

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.2    one month ago

I remember seeing what was one of Elvis' first public appearances (after he switched away from Gospel and into Rock).

It was on The Ed Sullivan show. (I think he had appeared earlier but on a different venue to a smaller audience)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.2    one month ago

Yes, of course.  Due to today's technology there are methods to determine fan numbers that did not exist previously. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2.2    one month ago
Due to today's technology there are methods to determine fan numbers that did not exist previously.

And perhaps more importantly its easy to post a comment (or video) and have maybe more than 100 people see it.

But that's me-- I'm not even trying.

I don't know if you can access this site:

Most Followed Accounts on Social Media (Aug 2024)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.2.3    one month ago

Yes, I could open it.  Couldn't find NT or any of us there.  LOL.  However, what did surprise me was to find the China Daily listed under the Facebook list with well over 100 million likes, notwithstanding China blocks Facebook.  However, I am aware that our NT articles are seen on search engines, as I've noted on Microsoft Bing, and I assume it will be the same with Google.