╌>

"I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT"

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 weeks ago  •  104 comments

By:   Andrea Cavallier

"I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT"
Former president Donald Trump went off on Taylor Swift on Sunday, declaring that he hates the singer just days after she endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris.

Photo credit: Getty Images

For More See NT tag "Taylor Swift"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former president   Donald Trump   went off on   Taylor Swift   on Sunday, declaring that he hates the singer just days after   she endorsed Vice President   Kamala Harris. “I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT!” he posted in all caps rant on his   Truth Social   platform.

Swift endorsed Harris almost as soon as the presidential debate between Harris and Trump wrapped up, and encouraged her followers to register to vote.

The call drove more than 400,000 visitors to the vote.gov website in under 24 hours.

“I will be casting my vote for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz in the 2024 Presidential Election,” Swift wrote in an Instagram post.

“If you haven’t already, now is a great time to do your research on the issues at hand and the stan ces these candidates take on the topics that matter to you the most.”

Sharing a photo of herself holding her cat Benjamin Button from last year’s   Time   magazine shoot – when the publication named her its person of the year – she wrote: “Like many of you, I watched the debate tonight.

“As a voter, I make sure to watch and read everything I can about their proposed policies and plans for this country.

”Mentioning AI-generated images which were previously shared by Trump on his Truth Social platform falsely suggesting she was endorsing him for president, the singer spoke about the “dangers of spreading misinformation”.

She wrote: “Recently I was made aware that AI of ‘me’ falsely endorsing Donald Trump’s presidential run was posted to his site.“It really conjured up my fears around AI and the dangers of spreading misinformation.

“It brought me to the conclusion that I need to be very transparent about my actual plans for this election as a voter. The simplest way to combat misinformation is with the truth”.

She added: “I’ve done my research, and I’ve made my choice. Your research is all yours to do, and the choice is yours to make.”

In an apparent jab at Trump’s running mate JD Vance, the singer signed off her post as: “Taylor Swift, Childless Cat Lady.”

( READ IT ALL )

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

Trump has previously complimented Swift, saying he found her “very beautiful.”

“I think she’s beautiful — very beautiful! I find her very beautiful. I think she’s liberal. She probably doesn’t like Trump. I hear she’s very talented,” he told Ramin Setoodeh in the book Apprentice in Wonderland: How Donald Trump and Mark Burnett Took America Through the Looking Glass.

Why did he first say she's very beautiful-- and later say he hated her?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago

He hates beauty?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1    3 weeks ago
He hates beauty?

It seems that there  are different ways one could interpret those two contradictory statements.

One possible explanation is that he mostly judges women based solely on their looks--- but OTOH also considers their political views!

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    3 weeks ago
He hates beauty?
It seems that there  are different ways one could interpret those two contradictory statements. One possible explanation is that he mostly judges women based solely on their looks--- but OTOH also considers their political views!

And what if a woman is the opposite of Taylor Swift? (One that he considers to be very ugly-- but is a fervent admirer of his?)

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago

gee, trump must have discovered he likes it when women kick his ass now ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.2    3 weeks ago

See how Taylor ignores the incels like the former 'president' rapist and musk?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.1    3 weeks ago

I was surprised it took her so long to come out with an endorsement. 

(Although I wonder if Trump's "strategy" was to try to annoy her, and get her into a "pissing match"?)

In any event, she wisely didn't take the bait.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.1    3 weeks ago

in true wannabe mob boss and dictator style, trump has put a target on taylor swift for his psycho maga base.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Krishna @1.2.2    3 weeks ago

She's smarter than he is

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.5  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.4    3 weeks ago

that's a low bar to clear ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.2.3    3 weeks ago

I'm sure she has to have extra security now thanks to the terrorist

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.7  CB  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.6    3 weeks ago

Now there is this DUMB-ASS billionaire out there typing on "X" trying to 'sic' crazies on democrats! So UNPROFESSIONAL. And these are the people who lie and say that liberals are acting on emotions! It's their pitiful butts who can't take the heat (they themselves cause)! Someone is after Donald's problems with men who are 'after' him is Donald's fault, no-one else! Let Donald be a man to own his own 'baggage'!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.4    3 weeks ago

and an actual successful businesswoman, unlike the former 'president'.

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.3  Thomas  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago

Because he sees her as an object, a toy. Like an infant who gets reprimanded after trying to touch the "pretty thing" he storms off in a snit.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4  CB  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago

It was a 'charm offensive.'  (It did not work.)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago

Well, a person could still think a person is beautiful and talented but you can still hate or fear them.  I'm not endorsing Trump by making that statement. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.5    3 weeks ago
I'm not endorsing Trump by making that statement. 

But do you think Trump is "very beautiful"-- or not?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

”Mentioning AI-generated images which were previously shared by Trump on his Truth Social platform falsely suggesting she was endorsing him for president, the singer spoke about the “dangers of spreading misinformation”.

She wrote: “Recently I was made aware that AI of ‘me’ falsely endorsing Donald Trump’s presidential run was posted to his site.“It really conjured up my fears around AI and the dangers of spreading misinformation.

“It brought me to the conclusion that I need to be very transparent about my actual plans for this election as a voter. The simplest way to combat misinformation is with the truth”.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

She added: “I’ve done my research, and I’ve made my choice. Your research is all yours to do, and the choice is yours to make.”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

She's probably relieved that he didnt say he loves her. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 weeks ago

She's probably relieved that he didnt say he loves her. 

Not likely, his style is North Korean dictators. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MrFrost @4.1    3 weeks ago
Not likely, his style is North Korean dictators. 

4978.jpg?width=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=b341f210055d64d3e076efe0932caa52

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MrFrost @4.1    3 weeks ago

znoAHLSxRpx84t7bb3CJxP-415-80.jpg

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MrFrost @4.1    3 weeks ago

BG240620c-small.jpg?itok=U_0fNMe5

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 weeks ago

Maybe he knows she'll never give him the opportunity to grab her pussy, and he probably knows what Travis Kelce would do to him if he tried.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5  Split Personality    3 weeks ago

Any attention is good attention.

He will most likely continue to say more and more outrageous things, not less, and he will blame his behavior and probable loss

on having been being shot in the head. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Split Personality @5    3 weeks ago
Any attention is good attention.

There's an olde saying amongst Hollywood actors:

I don't care what they're saying about me-- as long as they're talking about me!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Krishna @5.1    3 weeks ago

The other way they phrase it is:  Any publicity is good publicity.

CB
Professor Principal
5.1.2  CB  replied to  Gsquared @5.1.1    3 weeks ago

And so it goes: Let today's shooting be another reason to not elect Donald! We don't need his divisiveness. Go vote: HARRIS/WALZ!

(Cynical thought: Early voting starts tomorrow. . . attempted shooting today. . . sympathy voting? . . . . Hmmm.) 

VOTE HARRIS/WALZ! 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  CB @5.1.2    3 weeks ago

[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Gsquared @5.1.1    3 weeks ago
The other way they phrase it is:  Any publicity is good publicity.

Yes, I've heard that one too.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @5    3 weeks ago

He got a scratch on his ear. Unless that's where all his brains are but I thought they were much lower

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2    3 weeks ago

much much lower

lol

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.1    3 weeks ago

... it ended up plugging the toilet.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  devangelical @5.2.2    3 weeks ago
it ended up plugging the toilet.

Anyone remember this?

Photos show handwritten notes that Trump apparently ripped up and attempted to flush down toilet

Washington CNN  — 

Newly revealed photographs reveal two occasions on which former   President Donald Trump   apparently flushed documents down the toilet.

Maggie Haberman, a New York Times reporter and CNN contributor, is publishing the   new images in her forthcoming book , “Confidence Man,” and the images were earlier posted by   Axios . CNN has   previously reported   how Trump flouted presidential record-keeping laws and would often tear up documents, drafts and memos after reading them.

He periodically flushed papers down the toilet in the White House residence – only to be discovered later on when repairmen were summoned to fix the clogged toilets. Trump has denied the allegations, and in a statement given to Axios on Monday, a spokesman claimed that reporting about the practice was fabricated.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6  TᵢG    3 weeks ago

People actually want this petulant man-child to have the power of the US presidency and represent us on the world stage??

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  TᵢG @6    3 weeks ago
People actually want this petulant man-child to have the power of the US presidency and represent us on the world stage??

Correct!

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.1    3 weeks ago
Correct!

Well, it would probably more accurate to say "some people".

So do...others don't.

(We will know how all the numbers break down on the eve of Election day).

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.1.1    3 weeks ago
So do...others don't. (We will know how all the numbers breakdon on the eve of Election day).

Although its a cliche, I still think the election is too close to call.

Perhaps some people will believe the allegations that hordes of starving Haitians are eating their dogs and cats.

OTOH, it seems to me that hatin' on Taylor Swift will lose Trump more votes than he will gain.  Not, IMNSHO, not a very wise move on his part!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Krishna @6.1.2    3 weeks ago

Further illustration of just how much a loose-cannon this guy is.   Even in his own campaign that he is desperate to win, he cannot control his emotions and winds up typing and saying stupidly counterproductive quips.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.3    3 weeks ago
he cannot control his emotions and winds up typing and saying stupidly counterproductive quips.

I've read several articles about how Trumps advisors told him to stop attacking people,and to focus on issues they think will help him win.

But he has very little self control, and not only consistantly attacks people, but says things that hurt his campaign.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.1.4    3 weeks ago
But he has very little self control, and not only consistantly attacks people, but says things that hurt his campaign.

One example being this attack on Taylor Swift. That will hurt his campaign much more than it will hurt it.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.1.5    3 weeks ago
One example being this attack on Taylor Swift. That will hurt his campaign much more than it will hurt it.

One of the expected  responses is that Swift's fans are all young-- and that very few are even of voting age-- but that's totally false.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.7  CB  replied to  Krishna @6.1.2    3 weeks ago

Donald is habitually transactional. He obviously feels 'hit' by Taylor Swift's decision to oppose him and its personal. (She has gotten into his head.) So, being transactional, he wants to 'hit' her back (in her pocketbook). Donald is letting it be known to trumpists (young and old) that he does not 'endorse,' 'support,' or 'wish' any of his sycophants to play, buy, attend a 'Swift' event/s. She affected him and now he wants to 'strike back at her!

I'm pretty sure that Ms. Swift is an astute businesswoman who has 'counted the cost' of her endorsement of Harris/Walz financially-if the 'hit' comes. Well, it is on its way. Pretty sure Ms. Swift's team will take stock of the numbers up or down at events.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Krishna @6.1.4    3 weeks ago

Yes, he is a loose cannon.   He is emotional, impulsive, and easily manipulated.   Not even remotely fit to hold office much less the presidency.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @6.1.2    3 weeks ago
"IMNSHO, not a very wise move on his part!"

Obviously that doesn't mean much to a lot of American people, which is why I believe too many schools there have failed.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @6.1.5    3 weeks ago
"That will hurt his campaign much more than it will hurt it."

I assume that you MEANT to say:  "That will hurt his campaign much more than it will help it."

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.11  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.1.5    3 weeks ago
That will hurt his campaign much more than it will hurt it.

Whoops-- typo!

That should read:

That will hurt his campaign much more than it will help it.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.12  seeder  Krishna  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.3    3 weeks ago
he cannot control his emotions and winds up typing and saying stupidly counterproductive quips.

Some people are saying that he's becoming senile-- that his think is often not very clear.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

I was surprised it took her so long to come out publically with an endorsement. 

Although I do wonder if Trump's "strategy" was to try to annoy her, and get her into a "pissing match"?

In any event, she wisely didn't take the bait.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @7    3 weeks ago
"I was surprised it took her so long to come out publically with an endorsement." 

I'm not.  I think she's really smart.  She waited for Harris to make a good showing at the debate in order to specify her choice, which I think indicates fairness and credibility.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    3 weeks ago

I think it was more a matter of Trump spreading fake news that Swift had endorsed him.  She decided to set the record straight, and did it with style.

Thomas
Masters Guide
7.1.2  Thomas  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.1    3 weeks ago

She also did it when it had the probability of greatest impact

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Thomas @7.1.2    3 weeks ago

She knows how to read a room.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thomas @7.1.2    3 weeks ago

Immediately after a debate whose coverage dominated the news cycle? 

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.5  devangelical  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.3    3 weeks ago

she's also a real self made billionaire ...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.1    3 weeks ago

Many explanations are valid and justifiable.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7.1.7  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.6    3 weeks ago

True enough.

I'm just enjoying the fact that he has egg on his face.

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.8  CB  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.1.1    3 weeks ago

Taylor bided her time and took her time to be Professional, Disciplined, Aggressive, and Aware. She responded with dignity and decency to a wild-ass fool who disrespected her by trying to gain mileage out of 'rape' of her Name. (The fool is to this day selling t-shirts with Taylor's 'likeness" on them. So much so that she may have to get a lawyer involved to get a cease and desist order from a judge!) And after subjecting this great woman to Donald's version of abuse, he has the gall to post: "I Hate Taylor Swift!' 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @7.1.5    3 weeks ago

and very successful businesswoman unlike the shitstain

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.10  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.4    3 weeks ago
Immediately after a debate whose coverage dominated the news cycle?

Exactly!

She's much smarter than many people give her credit for!

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.11  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    3 weeks ago
  I think she's really smart.  She waited for Harris to make a good showing at the debate in order to specify her choice, which I think indicates fairness and credibility.

I think you might be right.

\

JBB
Professor Principal
8  JBB    3 weeks ago

original

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8.1  Gsquared  replied to  JBB @8    3 weeks ago

He's targeting her.  She had better increase her security significantly.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gsquared @8.1    3 weeks ago

After escaping two assassination attempts, HE had better increase his security significantly. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @8.1    3 weeks ago

Megyn Kelly told her to FUCK OFF

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.2    3 weeks ago

I used to think Megyn at least made an attempt to be classy.  Guess I was wrong.

She acts like Taylor attacked her personally.  She didn't, of course.  Trump did, though.  She seems either to have forgotten, or didn't care.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8.1.3    3 weeks ago

I never would have believed this from Kelly but apparently she is part of the cult:

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.4    3 weeks ago

I read the same article.  I was never especially impressed with Kelly, but I did have a higher opinion of her than this.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.6  CB  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.2    3 weeks ago

When I saw that I was literally shocked at Megan after all Donald 'dissed' her in 2016. My, my, my, how time has changed and yet managed to 'return' to its regular standard format!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Gsquared  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.2    3 weeks ago

I would tell Megyn Kelly the same thing.  Who cares what she has to say about anything?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Gsquared  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.4    3 weeks ago

Megyn Kelly's comments from that article are idiotic.  She must be insane.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8.1.9  Gsquared  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8.1.5    3 weeks ago

My opinion of Megyn Kelly just went from bad to worse.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1.10  sandy-2021492  replied to  Gsquared @8.1.9    3 weeks ago

I felt a few seconds of sympathy for her after his "bleeding from her wherever" remark.  But since it apparently didn't bother her, it now doesn't bother me.

Thomas
Masters Guide
8.1.11  Thomas  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.4    3 weeks ago

She's on Sirius XM... where? Oh, yeah. There...

Probably looking desperately for market share

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.12  JBB  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8.1.10    3 weeks ago

Except, that was Mika Brzezinski after getting a facelift....

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1.13  sandy-2021492  replied to  JBB @8.1.12    3 weeks ago

No, but he did make fun of Mika, too.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Gsquared @8.1.8    3 weeks ago

She has really changed ... what is this dark effect Trump has on people?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8.1.15  Gsquared  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.14    3 weeks ago
what is this dark effect Trump has on people?

That will be a subject of study by psychologists, sociologists and historians far into the future.

I don't know that there is a single cause, but it certainly is aberrant behaviour.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.16  CB  replied to  Gsquared @8.1.15    3 weeks ago

The "dark effect"? These people are just like Donald. It's obvious. GOP leaders are sitting on their butts. . . and hands. . . letting Donald run their party into the ground. Why? Because they want the same things he wants-largely for the country: To take the country over and end the gains a nation full of diverse people have earned through centuries of hard work. Time to call it what it is.

Note that this Monday, after another failed attempt at a Donald property, the GOP congress is out in full force defending this idiot who won't moderate his rhetoric. . . but, they won't discuss the gun PROBLEM that is threatening US ALL on a daily basis. . . seen and unseen.

The dark effect? It's there because grown ass GOPers won't rein in Donald. He is 'buck wild.' They want Donald to be. Because if they didn't wish it to be so. They would nix Donald in a "Mississippi minute" - albeit slowly. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.4    3 weeks ago

Did the article name the other person (I cannot think of who now) that she slurred also?  Someone famous who may have endorsed Kamala but I'm not sure now.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @8.1.15    3 weeks ago

I've been saying - the DSM Journal of Psychological/Psychiatric Disorders is going to have to devote a whole edition, or possibly several, to this disorder.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.2    3 weeks ago

Oh, excuse me, she said FUCK YOU to Taylor

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.20  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.17    3 weeks ago

I do not believe it did.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.20    3 weeks ago

I just read it, thanks for providing it in the first place, I hadn't read all the batshit crazy comments she made past the Fuck you one.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.22  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Gsquared @8.1.8    3 weeks ago
She must be insane.

Either that-- or she's faking it!

(Approval seeking behaviour? Try to remain popular with the MAGA crowd?)

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     3 weeks ago

Poor Donald, I'm sure that Taylor doesn't give a crap if a 78-year-old overweight mental case hates hr.

A 5 yar old is frustrated and is unable to express himself like an adult.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @9    3 weeks ago
Poor Donald, I'm sure that Taylor doesn't give a crap if a 78-year-old overweight mental case hates hr. A 5 yar old is frustrated and is unable to express himself like an adult.

Many people are saying that this is evidence that Trump is becoming senile.

(I have no idea whether that's true or not,but based on his current comments, its clear he's not thinking clearly.)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @9.1    3 weeks ago

Considering all the support he is still getting, I'd say it's clear that too many people are not thinking clearly. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
10  sandy-2021492    3 weeks ago

I'm sure knowing the Donald Trump hates her (which is actually fear of her influence over her fan base, and a bigly dose of resentment) is really just tearing Taylor Swift up right now.

Hey, Donald, her fans like her at least as much as yours like you, and she has more money, too.  And her daddy didn't have to give it to her.

CB
Professor Principal
10.1  CB  replied to  sandy-2021492 @10    3 weeks ago

This week (September 15 - 21), Oprah is putting her influence (and fan base) out there for Harris/Walz too! I feel pretty sure Oprah has 'counted the cost' to her strength too. Donald make have to test Oprah's fan base resolve too! 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  CB @10.1    3 weeks ago

Trump hates Oprah.   jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.2  CB  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.1    3 weeks ago

Trump Once Received Letter from Oprah Saying They'd Make a Great Political Team?

"Too bad we're not running for office, what A TEAM!" the letter read.

Published Aug. 30, 2024

real_letter_from_oprah_to_trump.jpg
Image courtesy of Getty Images and Winning Team Publishing
Claim:

A letter authentically shows Oprah Winfrey wrote to Donald Trump in 2000 and said: "Too bad we're not running for office, what A TEAM!"
Rating:
rating-true.png
True

At the 20 24 Democratic National Conference (DNC),  Oprah Winfrey  made a surprise appearance in support of U.S. Vice President  Kamala Harris , the now-Democratic nominee for president.

"Now, there's a certain candidate that says if we just go to the polls this one time, that we'll never have to do it again,"  she said to the crowd  in a jab at Republican nominee  Donald Trump .

In the days following the 2024 DNC, X account @TrumpWarRoom  posted what appeared to be a letter  dated Jan. 11, 20 00 , from Winfrey to Trump.

oprah_letter_to_trump_jan_11_2000.jpg

(X account @TrumpWarRoom)

The full letter read:

Donald – I received the book excerpt. I have to tell you, your comments made me a little weepy. It's one thing to try and live a life of integrity – still another to have people like yourself notice. 

Thank you,

Oprah

Too bad we're not running for office, what A TEAM!

On March 9, 2023,  Axios reported  that the letter was published in a 2023 book titled  "Letters to Trump"  that included letters from world leaders such as North Korea's Kim Jong-un and former U.S. President Bill Clinton to celebrities such as Liza Minnelli and Jay Leno.

Ultimately, we rated this claim "True" because Winfrey herself also confirmed she wrote the letter.  While speaking on "CBS Mornings " in March 2023, the news outlet's Gayle King brought up the topic of Trump's book featuring the letter, and their interaction was as follows, according to a story on the network's website:

King:  Donald Trump has released a book where he's published letters that he's received over the years. One of your letters is front and center–

Winfrey:  I heard about that.

King:  Okay back in 2000, you wrote him: "Too bad we're not running for office, what a team."

Winfrey:  I think he'd written a book and said that he wanted me to be his running mate– 

King:  If he decided to run.

Winfrey:  Yeah, if he decided to run. And when I heard that this letter is now going to be apart of a book, I thought "Oh wasn't that nice of me to write a note," that's what I thought, because I'm always like "Oh I should write a note, the person did this, or I should write a note. So I'm really happy that I wrote a note. 

King:  Yeah, it just shows you have good manners, but you're not thinking you and Donald Trump would be a team.

Winfrey:  No. Well, I might've thought it back then, I might've thought it 23 years ago, yes.

King:  Are you thinking that today?

Winfrey:  No I'm not thinking that today, you want to clear that up, right?

Winfrey wrote the letter to Trump in response to a mention of her in his 2000 book  "The America We Deserve,"  in which he wrote:

Another, as I also mentioned, is Oprah Winfrey. She is enormously successful in an incredibly competitive field. Not only has she overcome huge obstacles to reach the very top, but she's also gone well beyond ordinary celebrity status as an entertainer to become a major cultural influence on our times and a remarkably successful businesswoman. Oprah never forgets what it important, and she never stops encouraging Americans to reach for the stars ... Oprah exemplifies the leadership I'm interested in – she doesn't strike poses. Instead she poses striking questions: Are you doing your best? If not, why not?

On  multiple   occasions  leading up to Trump's 2000 bid for presidency under the Reform Party, he publicly praised Winfrey and  while speaking to Larry King  on CNN in October 1999, said that she would be his top pick for vice president. 

"Oprah, I love Oprah, Oprah would always be my first choice," he said in response to King asking him if he had vice presidential candidate in mind.

In sum, because the book "Letters to Trump" featured the letter and Winfrey herself later confirmed for a journalist she wrote the note and was "happy" with it, we rate this claim "True."

We reached out to spokespeople for both Winfrey and Trump as well as the publisher of "Letters to Trump" – Winning Team Publishing (co-founded by Trump himself) – seeking comment, and will update this story if we receive a respons e.

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.3  CB  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.1    3 weeks ago

TiG, I posted 10.1.2 (below) because in 2000 Oprah wrote a 'nice note' to Donald about liking him and this. . . scandal-ridden fool thinks it is somehow indicative of how he feels in 2024! So since Oprah is supporting Kamala/Walz in 2024. . . Donald decided to authorize a 'book' of letters from people who liked him once upon a time as if it is the state of affairs regarding Donald today:

It's pathetically sad and just proves Donald is old, tired, and washed up.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  CB @10.1.2    3 weeks ago

Well that was about a quarter of a century ago, and as the saying goes, "a lot of water under the bridge" since then. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10.1.4    3 weeks ago
Well that was about a quarter of a century ago, and as the saying goes, "a lot of water under the bridge" since then. 

IIRC, in his early days he was mostly known as a big guy in NYC Real Estate. And at the time he was a Democrat. Not based on any principles, but in such a heavily Democratic City is was a "practical" thing for someone in business to do. (Itwould be helpful tohave people in power onnhis side-- or at least..."friendly")

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  CB @10.1    3 weeks ago
Donald make have to test Oprah's fan base resolve too! 

No worries for Oprah-- she is incredibly popular!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
11  Gsquared    3 weeks ago

He acts like he's in the 3rd grade.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @11    3 weeks ago

More like a toddler having a tantrum

Gsquared
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Tessylo @11.1    3 weeks ago

He's pathetic.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @11.1    3 weeks ago

I used to ignore my kids when threw a tantrum or I would pick them up and put them in their rooms

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.2    3 weeks ago

number 2 son threw a tantrum in a grocery store once about something on the shelf I wouldn't buy. a down on the floor kicking and screaming tantrum that he must have learned by watching one somewhere else. I had his older brother beside me and his little sister in a loaded cart. so the 3 of us looked at him for a few seconds, and then when he wasn't looking, we bolted running down the aisle with me pushing the cart. I looked back just as we were rounding the corner at the end of the aisle to see him notice we were leaving him. the screaming stopped as he got to his feet in hot pursuit. he found us again in the next aisle, the tantrum restarted, and we took off again much to the amusement of his siblings. when he caught up with us again, the tantrum was over, and he never had another. as a bonus, his little sister never had a tantrum anywhere outside the home.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @11.1.3    3 weeks ago

Good lesson. Mine wouldn't throw tantrums in a store, they just pouted and started walking slow

Krishna
Professor Expert
11.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @11.1    3 weeks ago
More like a toddler having a tantrum

Anyone remember this?

GROCERY STORE KID CONDOM AD