╌>

JD Vance: I ‘created’ cat-eating story to refocus attention

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 weeks ago  •  53 comments

By:   Alistair Dawber, Washington

JD Vance: I ‘created’ cat-eating story to refocus attention
The vice-presidential candidate justified sharing unsubstantiated claims to generate media attention as more Republicans declare their support for Kamala Harris
Photo: The claims that pets were being abducted by migrants became a rallying call for Donald Trump’s supporters and a source of derision for his detractors  REBECCA NOBLE/AFP/GETTY IMAGES

Important Related Article:

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

JD Vance has admitted that he “created” a story about Haitian migrants eating pet cats and dogs to draw attention to illegal immigration in the US.

The Republican vice-presidential candidate said last week that people in Springfield, in his home state of Ohio, “have had their pets abducted and eaten by people who shouldn’t be in this country”.

The claims were promoted by Donald Trump in the televised presidential debate against Kamala Harris on Tuesday. The former president used the story to reinforce his message that he would deport illegal migrants if he is re-elected, and how they are responsible for what he says is a growing crime wave across the country.

Speaking to CNN on Sunday, Vance, 40, said that he “created” the   unsubstantiated   claims about Springfield , which have been dismissed by the local mayor, “to draw attention to the Biden-Harris immigration policies”.

He said that if he has to “create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m going to do”.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

. . . he “created” the      unsubstantiated    claims about Springfield   ,

"he created"?

Translation into plain English: He lied.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago
. . . he “created” the      unsubstantiated    claims about Springfield   ,

unsubstantiated?

Translation into plain English: "Unsubstantiated" = no basis in actual fact.

(In other words-- he totally lied)

He's a total scoundrel and a knave!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago

He lied creating the bomb and other threats against the innocent people of Springfield.  What I wonder is if someone is killed or seriously harmed due to that lie having been told and circulated, would Vance or Trump be charged with a criminal offence?  As it is it has caused fear and a curtailment of normal activity if not worse. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2    3 weeks ago

Ashley Babbit was drawn to D.C. to fight like hell for her country.  Many people feel that Trump should be charged with negligent homicide or something related to her death, but that will never happen.

He's too obtuse to think he influenced her in any way to put her in danger.  In Trump's hollow head, the police officer was a dirty corrupt low-down executioner.  

No, if they bombed a church and killed babies, I doubt Trump or Vance would ever apologize.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.1    3 weeks ago

Sorry for being trivial, but "obtuse" is a word one doesn't see often.  Andy Dufresne called the warden "obtuse" to his face in The Shawshank Redemption and paid dearly for doing so. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.2    3 weeks ago
Sorry for being trivial, but "obtuse" is a word one doesn't see often. 

True.

But OTOH it is seen more often than a word such as "Isosceles". 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.2.3    3 weeks ago

That's for sure.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.5  Split Personality  replied to  Krishna @1.2.3    3 weeks ago

I love triangles & trapezoids, lol

goose is back
Junior Guide
1.2.6  goose is back  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2    3 weeks ago
What I wonder is if someone is killed or seriously harmed due to that lie having been told and circulated

Kinda of like people calling Trump, Hitler and a threat to democracy, all of a sudden there are two attempts on his life.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  goose is back @1.2.6    3 weeks ago
Kinda of like people calling Trump, Hitler and a threat to democracy, all of a sudden there are two attempts on his life.  

One of the most useful concepts I took away from my Statistics courses:

Correlation does not imply causation.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.8  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.5    3 weeks ago
I love triangles & trapezoids, lol

They are probably underestimated in our society.

(And anyway, IMO, its those "curvy" shapes that may have a greater impact!)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.9  Split Personality  replied to  Krishna @1.2.7    3 weeks ago

certainly not after 9 years of trumps "behavior"/s

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.10  CB  replied to  goose is back @1.2.6    3 weeks ago

Kinda like Donald Trump risking the lies of innocent and legal migrants on a campaign 'slur' and INTENTIONAL lie. . . which is ignored by his followers who apparently think Crooked Donald is some how a billionaire above it all.  I will not waste sympathy or empathy with Donald's circumstances. . . because a man who is NOT SORRY or APOLOGETIC about anything he has done to disrespect and harm others does not deserve compassion, understanding, or acceptance!

Moreover, now school-age children in Springfield, Ohio are faced with a new, different form of terror: explosives. All because of a former president and his vice-president side-kick! This is UNPROFESSIONAL and bullshit. It is disqualifying for a presidential candidate. 

And, not a whisper of condemnation from the effed-up fake party GOP!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  goose is back @1.2.6    3 weeks ago
"Kinda of like people calling Trump, Hitler and a threat to democracy, all of a sudden there are two attempts on his life." 

The same kind of psychology.  The big problem is that there seems to be a lot of people in the USA who are ready to act upon such suggestions.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.12  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.4    3 weeks ago
That's for sure

I'm wondering-- when I mentioned "isoseles--- was I perhaps being too  "Obtuse"?

Or perhaps just being a bit overly equanimous ( or even trying to see both sides of the issue-- being a bit too . . . equilateral?)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.13  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.2.12    3 weeks ago

Tell us the truth, have you been using a search site to come up with those exoteric words?

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.2.14  Thomas  replied to  Krishna @1.2.12    3 weeks ago
I'm wondering-- when I mentioned "isoseles--- was I perhaps being too  "Obtuse"?

No, you were trying to be acute... 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.15  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.13    3 weeks ago
Tell us the truth, have you been using a search site to come up with those exoteric words?

No. Not to come up with them. But I always search them after that to find the correct spelling. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.16  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.2.15    3 weeks ago

No. Not to come up with them. But I always search them after that to find the correct spelling.

It looks lyke I do mache a lot of spilling eros in mi posts here, but all (or almost all) of them are typoos. Sumetymes I get a lot of idears all at oncet so I want to tipe quickly end sacrifice correct xpelilllengg!

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.17  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Thomas @1.2.14    3 weeks ago
No, you were trying to be acute... 

I think you're right.

Maybe I should start looking at things from a different angle?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.18  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.2.12    3 weeks ago
Or perhaps just being a bit overly equanimous ( or even trying to see both sides of the issue-- being a bit too . . . equilateral?)

I have nothing against isoseles or equilateral-- but I draw the line at dodecahedrons!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.19  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.2.16    3 weeks ago

Yes, I've noticed.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.20  Ozzwald  replied to  goose is back @1.2.6    3 weeks ago
Kinda of like people calling Trump, Hitler and a threat to democracy

Apparently that causes the worst punishment of all.  Being named as Trump's running mate.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

(In other words-- he totally lied)

He's a scoundrel and a knave!

Actually the word that first game to mind-- after noticing the blatant dishonesty--- this guy is very, very WEIRD!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2    3 weeks ago

"Weird" isn't necessarily intentional.  This was intentional with terrible results and I very much hope serious consequences for the perpetrators. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    3 weeks ago
"Weird" isn't necessarily intentional

And by the same token, "Intentional" isn't necessarily weird!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    3 weeks ago

Can't argue with that.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.2    3 weeks ago
Can't argue with that.

Well, in one sense you could argue with that-- but you'd lose!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2.1.3    3 weeks ago

LOL

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 weeks ago

JD lied say it ain't true..../s

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @3    3 weeks ago
JD lied say it ain't true..../s

Maybe he didn't lie-- but was merely presenting "alternative facts" (anyone rembember that phrase?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @3.1    3 weeks ago

Maybe he didn't lie-- but was merely presenting "alternative facts". (Anyone remember that phrase?

It was a term invented by Kellyanne Conway:

" Alternative facts " was a phrase used by U.S.  Counselor to the President   Kellyanne Conway  during a  Meet the Press  interview on January 22, 2017, in which she defended  White House Press Secretary   Sean Spicer 's false statement about the attendance numbers of  Donald Trump's   inauguration  as  President of the United States .

When pressed during the interview with  Chuck Todd  to explain why Spicer would "utter a provable falsehood", Conway stated that Spicer was giving "alternative facts".

Todd responded, "Look, alternative facts are not facts. They're falsehoods." [ 1 ]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    3 weeks ago

It was funny how after he said it and was immediately called out on it, I could see the thought bubble pop out of his empty head that said “shit, did I say that out loud?”.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    3 weeks ago
It was funny how after he said it and was immediately called out on it, I could see the thought bubble pop out of his empty head that said “shit, did I say that out loud?”.

Every so often he changes his story. And the excuses he makes up to justify them. 

He said that if he has to “create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m going to do”.

Which is, in essence, him saying that if you're interested inthe truth-- you can't believe anything he says.

But they're all fictions made up by him-- in hopes that the media pays attention to him.

In other words-- he lies constantly!

(And even admits it!)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5  Trout Giggles    3 weeks ago

How can he maintain any kind of credibility after this admission? Why are people still supporting this turd and his master?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    3 weeks ago
How can he maintain any kind of credibility after this admission? Why are people still supporting this turd and his master?

One of my favourite quotes is from Albert Einstein (forgive me if I've posted this before):

I know of two things that are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm not entirely sure about the former.

-Albert Einstein

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    3 weeks ago
Why are people still supporting this turd and his master?

Well there's an old saying:

A fool and his mind are easily parted.

shona1
Professor Quiet
6  shona1    3 weeks ago

Evening...

Cats of America unite and go and pee in his garden...I command you..🐾🐾

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  shona1 @6    3 weeks ago

Is this your lovely fur baby?

I say all the cats should pee in his shoes

shona1
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  shona1  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1    3 weeks ago

Morning Trouty...yes that is Mishka..she will be 14 in November..

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @6.1.1    3 weeks ago
yes that is Mishka..she will be 14 in November..

What breed is she? (I'm not an expert on cats but she looks like she's part Siamese? Or maybe, perhaps, part Isosceles?)

shona1
Professor Quiet
6.1.3  shona1  replied to  Krishna @6.1.2    3 weeks ago

Arvo krish..a rag doll came from a pound 250 kilometres away..so had to drive up and have a look..

And the rest they say is history..

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @6.1.3    3 weeks ago
Arvo krish..a rag doll came from a pound 250 kilometres away..so had to drive up and have a look.. And the rest they say is history..

I've heard they are very afectionate,

And they follow you around like a loving puppy.

shona1
Professor Quiet
6.1.5  shona1  replied to  Krishna @6.1.4    3 weeks ago

Hmm not quite..bashes up my brother's cats, she hates them..climbs up trees and likes being out doors. Only time it sits on me is when she wants something.. hates been brushed..catches moths, blow flies and eats them.

Has caught birds, all rescued and lived. Bellows at 3am for no particular reason other than the food dish may only be half full and it's starving to death..

So don't be fooled by it's looks, it is the devil in disguise..

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  shona1 @6.1.5    3 weeks ago

But you love her anyways

shona1
Professor Quiet
6.1.7  shona1  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.6    3 weeks ago

Absolutely.. that is my main aim to out live her as she would not go to anyone else...not even my brother's even though she has known him for 14 years..she is very much a one person cat..

She is sitting on me right now ready for the night..

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @6    3 weeks ago
Cats of America unite and go and pee in his garden...I command you..

Look into his/her/their eyes, what I notice is that your cat is very intelligent, and a bit of a skeptic (not easily fooled by humans trying to manipulate it)!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Krishna @6.2    3 weeks ago

Looks stoned to me LOL

shona1
Professor Quiet
6.2.2  shona1  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.2.1    3 weeks ago

Morning Just...she just had some Vegemite.😊

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @6.2.2    3 weeks ago
she just had some Vegemite.

Ah-- that explains it!

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.2.4  devangelical  replied to  shona1 @6.2.2    3 weeks ago

animal cruelty ...

shona1
Professor Quiet
6.2.5  shona1  replied to  devangelical @6.2.4    3 weeks ago

Aussie cats love it.. better than peanut butter..

CB
Professor Principal
7  CB    3 weeks ago

Weirdos Donald and J. D. Vance attack vulnerable legal Haitian immigrants trying to work (earn their keep justifiably) and feed themselves in Springfield, Ohio by repeatedly LYING and attempting to otherize legal immigrants whom have no political power and influence to fight them back!

Vote Harris/Walz in November 2024: Decency. Integrity. A Friend to You and Yours!