╌>

Kamala Harris is leading Donald Trump by 6% in national postdebate polling

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 weeks ago  •  228 comments

By:   Filip Timotija (The Hill)

Kamala Harris is leading Donald Trump by 6% in national postdebate polling
Vice President Harris is leading former President Trump nationally by 6 points, according to a polling released a week after the first debate between the major party nominees.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

by Filip Timotija - 09/17/24

Vice President Harris is leading former President Trump nationally by 6 points, according to a polling released a week after the first debate between the major party nominees.

The Morning Consult survey, published Tuesday, found Harris garnered 51 percent support among likely voters — her highest margin to date — compared to Trump's 45 percent. Some 2 percent said they would prefer someone else, while another 2 percent had no opinion. The vice president's lead is outside the survey's margin of error.

Harris had the same level of separation among independents, with 47 percent backing her, about 41 percent backing Trump, and 6 percent saying they would prefer another choice.

Roughly 6 out of 10 likely voters who watched the ABC News debate, 61 percent, said the vice president was the winner. Around 1 in 5 Republicans reached the same conclusion. About 33 percent of likely voters surveyed said Trump, the GOP nominee, won the showdown.

The Democratic nominee also holds an advantage in terms of favorability. More than half of likely voters surveyed, 53 percent, have a favorable view of Harris, while 44 percent said the same about the former president.

The polling also found Harris leads the former president among younger voters; about 56 percent of voters aged 18-34 sided with the vice president, while 41 percent picked Trump.

Harris also has a 60-point lead among Black voters, with 78 percent backing her and about 18 percent picking Trump.

In The Hill/Decision Desk HQ's aggregate of polls, Harris boats a 3-point advantage over Trump: 49.6 percent to the former president's 46.2 percent.

The Morning Consult survey was conducted Sept. 13-15 among 11,022 likely voters. The margin of error was 1 percentage point.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 weeks ago

Kamalamentum!

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1  Krishna  replied to  JBB @1    3 weeks ago
Kamalamentum!

Gesundheit!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  JBB @1    2 weeks ago

while most candidates that were slipping in the polls would be moving towards the center, trump finds it more advantageous to solidify his support among the crazies ...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2  Just Jim NC TttH    3 weeks ago

George
Junior Expert
2.1  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    3 weeks ago

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  George @2.1    3 weeks ago

lol ….. good one …. Bet it gets the broom

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    3 weeks ago

original

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    3 weeks ago

Awesome ….. best of luck in November

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @3    3 weeks ago

Anybody remember a old newspaper headline that said "DEWEY WINS!"? It was held up by Harry S. Truman the night he won the 1950 presidential election. Dewey's alleged win was based on election night polls that were less than accurate. That is one reason I do not trust presidential election polls as they are highly subjective and are based on demographics, who initiated said polls, and who is actually tabulating results. To top things off, pollsters generally poll a specific number of people, usually 1500 or less, then use the percentages gained to make it look like it represents the entire population rather than that drop in a bucket actually polled. Comical if one really thinks about, but there are people convinced that most polling is honest and above board, and it is not confined to either party.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  CB  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1    3 weeks ago

Ed-, polling is a bit of sampling, eh?  And as such it can only be a guide for a poll is COMPELLED to rely solely on input.  Over many decades, officials (and the public) have come to accept (over rely) on them as the only game in town which covers and provides the 'services' they do. Of course, trained pollsters want the 'work.' 

Case in point: just yesterday I heard the media speaking about 18 years old and thereabouts (the youth vote) as being unpolled, but out there in upwards of tens of thousands being urged to register and vote this November. . . who are not getting polled at all or insufficiently. :)

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1    3 weeks ago
That is one reason I do not trust presidential election polls

Polling has acually improved quite a lot over the years.

For it example, they asked questions of various groups of voters. (Some of whom may have had strong opinions...but didn't intend to vote!) They fixed that-- now they always ask if the person intends to vote.

Of course polling is not perfect. but it can give some idea...

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.3  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @3.1.2    3 weeks ago
Of course polling is not perfect. but it can give some idea...

And of course there's that old cliche:

A lot could happen between now and election day.

People may get tired of hearing that-- but it is true!

(I still look at polls, but that's only part of all the election news I follow ...)

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Krishna @3.1.2    3 weeks ago

"Of course polling is not perfect. but it can give some idea..."

I agree with you, but the problem is some sections of the voting populace take poll results as God's own infallible gospel. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1.4    3 weeks ago

When polls are this close, they are almost useless.

What matters right now are district-sensitive polls in the swing states.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.5    3 weeks ago

Agreed.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  cjcold  replied to  Krishna @3.1.2    3 weeks ago

I don't answer the phone to unknown numbers during the silly season.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @3    2 weeks ago

The fact that it's not at least 20% is insane.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  cjcold @3.2    2 weeks ago

Opinions do vary

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4  Just Jim NC TttH    3 weeks ago

Reminiscent of 2016 and Hills?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    3 weeks ago

Yep, Trump has no pathway to the presidency.    Yep ….

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    3 weeks ago

Before the vote even happens Trump will say the only way he can lose is if he is cheated. That kind of talk doesnt bother you? 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 weeks ago
Before the vote even happens Trump will say the only way he can lose is if he is cheated.

He's actually already said that.  It's been echoed by quite the number of Congressional republicans too.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 weeks ago

What bothers me is that we never had a truly independent investigation into voting irregularities in 2020.

Give Trump that and he had nothing to bitch about.    You do want truly fair elections right?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.3    3 weeks ago
What bothers me is that we never had a truly independent investigation into voting irregularities in 2020.

Liz Cheney makes an interesting point in her book Oath Of Honor. Some of the blowhards that stood up in the House and claimed voting irregularities in their state were happy enough to be sworn in as having won their own elections in the same locations they were claiming were irregular.

It was all bullshit. There isnt a single state where Trump was cheated. If you think there was put up some evidence. And no, the number of mail in votes is not evidence. . 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.3    3 weeks ago

It is bad enough to vote for Trump, but to actually believe his bullshit?

The USA has fair elections.    There are a mere handful of cases where fraud was determined and in those cases it was detected and overturned.

Trump continues to wrongly harm public trust in our election system.    He continues to damage this nation with his irresponsible rhetoric.

Do not believe what Trump says.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.5    3 weeks ago
There are a mere handful of cases where fraud was determined and in those cases it was detected and overturned.

And the vast majority of those fraud cases were committed by republicans, including some election officials.

Pro Trump -  Jury finds former Milwaukee election official guilty of obtaining fake absentee ballots 

Pro Trump - 3rd arrest made in alleged Colorado election security breach

Democrat (local) - 4 people are charged in a Connecticut city election misconduct case

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.7  CB  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.5    3 weeks ago

Crooked Donald is toxic to this nation! And again, letting such a political cancer return to the presidency will give us more UNELECTED judges of the trumpist 'persuasion' who will be hand-picked and vetted for their trumpist worldview (merciless, partisan, supremacist - yes supremacists because at its heart the constitution was intended and inclined towards a white conservative majority) in keeping a conservative minority dominating the country's policies and people.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    3 weeks ago

Opinions do vary.    Especially when the ones who counted the votes in the first place were the ones verifying they counted right.    A fox in the hen house scenario.

One wonders why the left is so resistant to a truly independent investigation.    I mean, since there are no issues and all

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.5    3 weeks ago

Hilarious when coming from folks who are going to vote for Kamala. She’s lying her ass off. Just like Biden did who ran as a moderate and ruled as one of the most progressive presidents we’ve ever had.

Kamala is a joke. Another chosen one. This time with not one vote to qualify to run for president. The hypocrisy just drips off supporters of Harris. Or should I say flows like a river of bullshit.

[deleted][]

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.10  Krishna  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.2    3 weeks ago
He's actually already said that.  It's been echoed by quite the number of Congressional republicans too.

Its becoming a sort of custom. An old tradition-- shortly before each election there's a group of Republicans who have to say "The Election Will Be Stolen")

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.5    3 weeks ago

Trump losing by 6 points?  Has he said the polls are rigged yet?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Krishna @4.1.10    3 weeks ago
An old tradition-- shortly before each election there's a group of Republicans who have to say "The Election Will Be Stolen")

Every single time Trump has lost at anything, his response is that the other person, team, group, cheated.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.13  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.5    3 weeks ago
"The USA has fair elections"

But y'all keep telling us that there is all kinds of voter suppression going on and requiring voter ID's is racist

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.13    3 weeks ago
y'all

I have never made any such comment.   Stereotypes (y'all) are a bad way to operate;  it causes one to get a lot of things wrong.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.15  TᵢG  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.11    3 weeks ago

Good point; I do not believe he has gone there yet.   I think he is still sticking with lying about the polls ... claiming he is "winning, by a lot".

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.14    3 weeks ago

Ans denial is a much worse way to operate.   It causes one to get most all things denied wrong.

Are you denying major efforts coming from the left claiming such voter suppression?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.15    3 weeks ago

Lying with polls.    Part and parcel of the Democrat movement.    

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.17    3 weeks ago

How have past polls been concerning Trump?

How many are frightened to admit that as soon as they get behind the curtain, they'll cast their vote for Trump?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.18    3 weeks ago

It's exactly the opposite.  Many, many, many, many republicans and independents will be voting for Kamala.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.20  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.18    3 weeks ago

More than a few. I’ve been very open about my votes for Trump here. Releasing the NTer dogs of war every time. One of these days they might realize their opinions are absolutely meaningless to me.

But probably not. [deleted][]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.19    3 weeks ago

Wrong again. Beau-coup Democrats and Independents will be voting for Trump. And when Trump wins, the sky screaming and triggered hate fest will spool up in earnest once again.

[deleted][]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.22  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.20    3 weeks ago

I'll show you something, but don't take anything for granted. We have to get out the Trump vote:

New electoral college model, according to Nate Silver (no tossup). Trump - 312 Harris - 226

GXoiLGIXoAENYI5?format=jpg&name=small

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.23  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.22    3 weeks ago

Thx, nothing I didn’t already know.[]

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.24  CB  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.14    3 weeks ago

Your comment is fine. There are people continuously effing with the voter process, "tweaking" this and that trying to get partisan "efficiency" by slicing and dicing voter registration and voter participation and gerrymandering. Trumpists know this. They are playing semantic games, like Crooked Donald does the same!

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1.25  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.22    3 weeks ago

I'm not sure where you got that map, but the 538 election simulator has Harris winning 64 times out 100 to Trump's to Trump's 36 times out of 100. Here's the current map I pulled off of 538 - If the election were today, Harris has the edge.

original

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.26  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.18    3 weeks ago

Donald, the draft dodger who thinks he knows more than truly seasoned generals, even though he is a Coward. Yeah, vote for the blusterer.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.27  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @4.1.26    3 weeks ago
Donald, the draft dodger

STILL running with fiction.  Then expect to be taken seriously.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.28  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.16    3 weeks ago
Are you denying major efforts coming from the left claiming such voter suppression?

No.   Pay attention.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.29  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.28    3 weeks ago

Questions get asked in forums like this. Learn to accept it without taunting snark.[]

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.30  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.27    3 weeks ago

Donald is a draft dodger from the Vietnam war era. He is a coward who LIED then and he lies now. He is UNFIT to lead his fellow trumpists and his current thinking is people who serve in the military are his so-called, 'bitches' to be compelled to obey.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.31  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @4.1.30    3 weeks ago
Donald is a draft dodger from the Vietnam war era.

And that is the fiction.  You obviously don't grasp that to get a deferment (like Biden did) the individual must report in accordance with the draft order.  

He is UNFIT to lead

That's one person's opinion.

his current thinking is people who serve in the military are his so-called, 'bitches' to be compelled to obey

The more you talk the more it becomes apparent you really have no grasp of how the military works when it comes to how orders are passed from CIC to the actioning unit.  You also forget that he was already CIC and NONE of what you are claiming are even remotely happened.  

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.32  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.31    3 weeks ago

Donald does not respect those who served or whom serve. Oh, it's true. We're all 'tools' to Donald (the 'king' of bone spurs).  Donald could have volunteered in the 60's, but alas gripped by fear of serving and being a coward who yet excelled at sports in his college years: That coward pleaded BONE SPURS which kept him free of obligatory military service!!!!!!!

Donald: “I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me.”

And, some trumpists swallowed that statement 'whole'—without chaser.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.33  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    3 weeks ago
Trump has no pathway to the presidency.

WTF does that mean?

Both Kamela Harris as well as Donald Trump "have a pathway" to the presidency.

Why-- because they're on the ballot in enough states to win the Election if they get enough votes!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.34  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.31    3 weeks ago
That's one person's opinion.

That was 81,282,916 Americans opinion in 2020...

2020 Popular Vote Tracker | Cook Political Report

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.35  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.18    3 weeks ago

Because of the abortion issue, and concerns about even more restrictive legislation possible, how many women will lie to their husbands that they voted for Trump?  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.36  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.21    3 weeks ago

Nope.  Not a fucking chance.  

There's that hive minded drone nonsense.......

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.37  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.35    3 weeks ago

Probably as many as the husbands who will be voting for Trump.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.38  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.37    3 weeks ago

No reply by me.  I don't want to be accused of insulting the intelligence of American men. 

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.39  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.31    3 weeks ago

1trumpdraftrecord.jpg trump2016a_0.jpg

Deferments Helped [Crooked] Trump Dodge Vietnam

How the presidential candidate avoided combat

1 of 3

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.40  Krishna  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.3    3 weeks ago

So who decides ... what "independent imvestigators" are truly fair?

Results can be appealed-- all the way upo to the highest court in the land (AKA "The Supreme Court"). If they made investigations into accusations of unfairness-- should we accept their rulings?

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.41  CB  replied to  CB @4.1.39    3 weeks ago

2trumpdraftrecord.jpg

2 of 3

trump2016a_0.jpg

3trumpdraftrecord.jpg

3 of 3

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.42  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.1.40    3 weeks ago
So who decides ... what "independent imvestigators" are truly fair? Results can be appealed-- all the way upo to the highest court in the land (AKA "The Supreme Court"). If they made investigations into accusations of unfairness-- should we accept their rulings?

Because-- they actually did!!!

Supreme Court rejects Trump election challenge cases

(Note: Thats cas es, plural. 

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.43  CB  replied to  Krishna @4.1.40    3 weeks ago

John Roberts is a some conservative 'true believer,' he is not a caller of 'balls and strikes'  - he is a patient partisan who rules in favor of a conservative leaning document from the 18th century over and beyond helping people get (social justice) in the 21st century. When it counts. . . Chief Justice Roberts will vote with the partisan some conservatives (5 others - more or less sworn to the Federalist Society worldview for justices) on the court to regress this county and roll-back progress and adding freedoms.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.44  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.36    3 weeks ago

More empirical evidence that I’m spot on.    Thx!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.45  Sparty On  replied to  Krishna @4.1.40    3 weeks ago

You can start by not having the people who collected and counted the votes, county clerks etc, not verifying their own count.

A system rife with potential abuse.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.46  CB  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.45    3 weeks ago

It is morally irreprehensible to call treat good (people) as bad. Just wrong-headed. On the other-hand, Donald has proven himself to be a moral reprobate who lies 99.99 percent of the time. So much so. . . that 'many people say,' they can't trust him because they don't know when he is telling the truth! :)

Moreover, here we have a former president and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States who mocks veterans and active personnel when he calls them, 'suckers,' 'losers,' diminishes their deaths in combat, and actually stated their presidential medals are 'beneath' that of civilian recipients (though no one else would have made such a comparison).  And shocking, some military members - combat veterans-even think this COWARD CROOKED Donald who is one humongous INSULT-DRIVEN WONDERKIN is worthy of praise, dedication, service, and apparently 'better than themselves.' Go figure!  

It is a 'wonder' that any veteran or servicemember would yield ground to a COWARD, any coward, THAT COWARD: Crooked Donald. What a 'disaster'! 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.47  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @4.1.32    3 weeks ago
That coward pleaded BONE SPURS which kept him free of obligatory military service!!!!!!!

You obviously don't grasp that to get a deferment (like both Trump and Biden did) the individual must report in accordance with the draft order.  

Donald: “I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me.”

And you were gullible enough to believe him.  SMH

And, some trumpists swallowed that statement 'whole'—without chaser

You should take that up with them.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.48  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.34    3 weeks ago

You really think the popular vote means something?  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.49  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @4.1.39    3 weeks ago

Nice photoshop. 

But to play your game.  Who is the approval authority for that deferment?  The Department of War (now called the DoD).  But don't let fact get in the way of your fiction.

Now do Biden.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.50  Sparty On  replied to  CB @4.1.46    3 weeks ago

[]

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.51  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.47    3 weeks ago

No clue why anyone is attempting to 'defend' a Coward who "reported," (not sure why it was necessary to state that clearly) but did not enter military service. It's a deflection and inappropriate.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.52  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.49    3 weeks ago

Not relevant. Donald and Joe are not 'twins.' Both men, have their own 'little red wagon" that each pulls through life—separately.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.53  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @4.1.51    3 weeks ago

[]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.54  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @4.1.52    3 weeks ago
Donald and Joe are not 'twins.' Both men, have their own 'little red wagon" that each pulls through life—separately.

Both had deferments approved by the same agency.[]

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.55  seeder  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.54    3 weeks ago

Which candidate is from that generation? 

Harris is not? Biden is not running. Trump!

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.56  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @4.1.55    3 weeks ago

Exactly, the best thing Dems have done recently was to force Biden out late in the campaign.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.57  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @4.1.55    3 weeks ago

So we're moving goal posts.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.58  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.56    3 weeks ago

Unfortunately they don't have a candidate that was selected by the people.  

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.59  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.58    3 weeks ago

That might be an advantage for Dems as well.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.60  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.56    3 weeks ago

Women will turn out on November 5th.

As MAGA husbands take puddin naps!

I expect a landslide victory for Kamala.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.61  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @4.1.60    3 weeks ago

lol …. Soy boy men will show up in droves to vote for Harris because …. They got nothing else to do.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.62  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.28    3 weeks ago

Lol

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.63  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.54    3 weeks ago
Both had deferments approved by the same agency.

The agency granted one of them a deferment because of his personal doctor's report.

New York Times: Daughters of foot doctor say he diagnosed Trump with bone spurs as ‘favor’ to Fred Trump

George
Junior Expert
4.1.64  George  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.63    3 weeks ago

So, the daughter is saying her father had no honor or integrity and was willing to lie and falsify medical records on an official document to the army for a favor? She doesn't think very highly of the man that raised her, does she?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.65  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @4.1.60    3 weeks ago

You probably missed the word “advantage” in my comment 4.1.59

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4.1.66  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    3 weeks ago

Yep, Trump has no pathway to the presidency.    Yep ….

Polls reflect the popular vote, not the electorate. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.67  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.66    3 weeks ago

Hey Frosty.    Polls reflect the popular vote only of the people polled.    Not an exact science.    Especially if the folks doing the polling are purposefully biased.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.68  Ozzwald  replied to  George @4.1.64    3 weeks ago
So, the daughter is saying her father had no honor or integrity and was willing to lie and falsify medical records on an official document to the army for a favor?

Yup.  I assume you're talking Trump's father.  Don't know enough about the doctor's reputation.

She doesn't think very highly of the man that raised her, does she?

He was her father, she probably loves him unconditionally.

As a right winger, are you expecting perfection from everyone you know?  If so, why are you defending Trump?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.69  TᵢG  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.68    3 weeks ago

Indeed, some people will be honest even if it is unpleasant or painful to do so.

George
Junior Expert
4.1.70  George  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.68    3 weeks ago

I’m talking about the girls father, the doctor who is a proven liar with no integrity if your story is correct, he is the piece of shit who lied to the military.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.71  Ozzwald  replied to  George @4.1.70    2 weeks ago
I’m talking about the girls father, the doctor who is a proven liar with no integrity if your story is correct, he is the piece of shit who lied to the military.

I an talking about Trump, who is a proven liar with no integrity if the story is correct, he is the piece of shit coward who lied to the military.

George
Junior Expert
4.1.72  George  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.71    2 weeks ago

Wrong again, the doctor who wrote the note is a lying piece of shit with no integrity, that’s obvious from your story.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.73  TᵢG  replied to  George @4.1.72    2 weeks ago

Just goes to show how Trump exploits people and coerces them to engage at his level of slime.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.74  cjcold  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.38    2 weeks ago

Most crazy Americans can shoot better than that.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.75  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.63    2 weeks ago

It was approved not matter how you spin it. Still debunking your "draft dodger" nonsense.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.76  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.54    2 weeks ago

So they both have 'questions' surrounding their deferments, at this point. My point being that only one of the two is publicly attempting to diminish, discount, name-call, and abuse servicemembers and veterans with his present day rhetoric: Donald. And veterans can distinguish the difference between the two behaviors.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.77  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.75    2 weeks ago
Still debunking your "draft dodger" nonsense.

Seriously?  You think the doctor contacted the military on his own to provide a false diagnosis for Trump?  Try a different spin.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.78  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.21    2 weeks ago

I am correct, as I usually am, bro.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.79  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.78    2 weeks ago

[]

George
Junior Expert
4.1.80  George  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.77    2 weeks ago

Seriously if the doctor had any integrity and wasn’t a piece of shit he would have said NO to lying to the military to get trump out of service. That’s obvious!

George
Junior Expert
4.1.81  George  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.73    2 weeks ago

It was Fred not Jr. So your point is meaningless. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.82  TᵢG  replied to  George @4.1.81    2 weeks ago

Trump was Fred’s protégé and Trump has far surpassed his dad.

Funny that you ignore that obvious connection.

George
Junior Expert
4.1.83  George  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.82    2 weeks ago

Not funny or surprising that you would connect anything negative that Fred trump did without any proof junior was aware beforehand to paint trump in a negative light. You are 100% predictable if nothing else.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.84  TᵢG  replied to  George @4.1.83    2 weeks ago

You think Trump did not know that he got out of military service because of bone spurs that he did not have?

How far will you strain credulity to defend Trump?

Fred Trump had his share of legal and ethical problems.   He was Trump's mentor and Trump was a very good protégé.    It is naive to not recognize that Trump was clearly involved in the bone spur scam.

George
Junior Expert
4.1.85  George  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.84    2 weeks ago

Predictable.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.86  TᵢG  replied to  George @4.1.85    2 weeks ago

That response from me should be predictable since it is a fact that Fred was Trump's mentor and Trump was a very good protégé and was clearly involved in the bone spur scam to get out of military service based on a false diagnosis.

George
Junior Expert
4.1.87  George  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.86    2 weeks ago

Still predictable that you assumed the worst with no evidence. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.88  TᵢG  replied to  George @4.1.87    2 weeks ago

Do you believe that Trump had no knowledge that he was excused from military service because of a false diagnosis of bone spurs?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.89  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.77    2 weeks ago
You think the doctor contacted the military on his own to provide a false diagnosis for Trump?

Now you're just making shit up.  Not once did I make that claim.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.90  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @4.1.76    2 weeks ago
My point being that only one of the two is publicly attempting to diminish, discount, name-call, and abuse servicemembers and veterans with his present day rhetoric:

And he's currently sitting in the WH.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.91  Ozzwald  replied to  George @4.1.87    2 weeks ago
Still predictable that you assumed the worst with no evidence.

Aren't you assuming the worst about the doctor?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.92  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.89    2 weeks ago
Now you're just making shit up.  Not once did I make that claim.

Your making claims about the doctor while completely ignoring and even supporting the person who had the most to gain from the false diagnosis.

George
Junior Expert
4.1.93  George  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.91    2 weeks ago

Isn't the doctor the one who actually wrote the note? so yes he is a piece of crap with no integrity or honor, there is no assuming involve. Now Fred trump was also involved, and while what he did was absolutely wrong and show his character, a parent can understand another parent doing something like this to protect their child, a lot of parents would do just about anything to keep their children safe.

George
Junior Expert
4.1.94  George  impassed  TᵢG @4.1.88    2 weeks ago

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.95  TᵢG  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.92    2 weeks ago

Exactly.

This is just more feeble defense of Trump.

Of course Trump was fully aware that he was excused from military service because of a false diagnosis of bone spurs.    Pretending Trump was not in on this scam is absurd.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.96  Split Personality  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.95    2 weeks ago
Pretending Trump was not in on this scam is absurd.

Trump was the only person who could have carried the note into the Draft Board and presented it to them.

Consider the timing. He was recalled for a physical in September of 1968, after graduating, and was classified as 1A again.

Mysteriously, Trump shows up at the draft board again in October 1968 with the doctors note and is reassigned as 1Y.

Two months later he pulls 356 in the lottery and he's home free.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.97  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.90    2 weeks ago

That statement is delusional and patently false. I daresay it is (deliberate) disinformation.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.98  CB  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.95    2 weeks ago

Exactly, because Donald could have acted and volunteered himself anyway. He certainly was of age to act as an individual.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.99  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @4.1.98    2 weeks ago

Amazing that this is still an issue.  We elected Clinton, Trump and Biden, all found ways to dodge the draft.  We also elected Bush II that a slicker way to avoid deployment.  No one is going to base their vote on this.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.100  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.99    2 weeks ago

It is an issue because Donald is attempting to become Commander-in-Chief of the United States Armed Services, and his. . . sentiments about the services are well-established from past lack of service (cowardice - okay, amongst a group of cowards if it helps clarify the point) and recent public statements about what constitutes a 'proper' servicemember in his 'understanding.'

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.101  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.99    2 weeks ago
No one is going to base their vote on this.

no bridge too far for maga now ...

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.102  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @4.1.100    2 weeks ago

Good, now you finally have a reason not to vote for him.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.103  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.102    2 weeks ago

I don't vote for blustering liars full of hubris as a rule, anyway. Subsequently, there is the delusional aspect to consider—separately.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.104  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @4.1.101    2 weeks ago

no bridge too far for maga now ...

Operation Market Garden?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.105  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @4.1.103    2 weeks ago

So this issue is superfluous to you.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.106  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.105    2 weeks ago

Actually, the 'issue' as you label it is one of principle for me.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.107  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @4.1.106    2 weeks ago

How many principles have you added up so far against Trump.  Is this one near the top of the list?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.108  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.99    2 weeks ago
We elected Clinton, Trump and Biden, all found ways to dodge the draft. 

I dont recall Clinton and Biden making a show of hugging and kissing the American flag. 

AP20060798302848.jpg

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.1.109  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.108    2 weeks ago

Yes, hypocrisy differs by individual.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  Krishna  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4    3 weeks ago
Reminiscent of 2016 and Hills?

That was different-- due to one very unusual event which happened (IIRC) just a few days before the election.

In addition, Hillary did win the popular vote anyway-- but not the Electoral college.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Krishna @4.2    3 weeks ago
but not the Electoral college.

And that is when the left started calling for elimination of the EC.  Just like some are starting to call for now before this election.  Now I wonder why they would want to call for that now.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    3 weeks ago

In a sane world there would be a zero after that six.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1  Sparty On  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    3 weeks ago

Yeah, bizarro sane world …..

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6  TᵢG    3 weeks ago

Good news, but the key to winning are select districts in a few states.   

The popular lead is encouraging since that indirectly suggests Harris-Walz are better suited to win the districts that will determine this election.

Ultimately this is going to be about turnout.   The good news there is that it seems the enthusiasm for Harris-Walz is substantially better than that for Trump-Vance.   And if those two (Trump and Vance) keep making crazy comments, that will further dissuade those who actually think placing Trump in the presidency is a good idea.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @6    3 weeks ago

Does comment 7 sound like a good idea?  A good thing for a Sheriff to be doing to the members of the town/community who he's supposed to defend?  And people cheer this ignorance?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2  Krishna  replied to  TᵢG @6    3 weeks ago
And if those two (Trump and Vance) keep making crazy comments, that will further dissuade those who actually think placing Trump in the presidency is a good idea.

What some people call crazy comments, others feel are quite sane. (Heck, if everyone agreed on everything-- we wouldn't need elections).

I know, and have known, ardentTrump supporters who don't think those things are insane, In fact many believe things Democrats say are insane,

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.2    3 weeks ago
And if those two (Trump and Vance) keep making crazy comments, that will further dissuade those who actually think placing Trump in the presidency is a good idea.
What some people call crazy comments, others feel are quite sane. (Heck, if everyone agreed on everything-- we wouldn't need elections). I know, and have known, ardentTrump supporters who don't think those things are insane, In fact many believe things Democrats say are insane,

To put it another way-- not everyone thinks the way you (or I) do.We may think they're a little crazy-- or weird-- but they probably believe that our values are "weird".

So who's "right"-- you or the MAGA crowd?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.2.2  TᵢG  replied to  Krishna @6.2.1    3 weeks ago
So who's "right"-- you or the MAGA crowd?

I think basic facts should easily answer that question.

The only PotUS in our nation's history who tried to violate the historical peaceful transfer of power using fraud, coercion, lying, and incitement and whose actions demonstrate that he is a vindictive, narcissistic, loose-cannon who lies at every turn.   Trump is clearly unfit and should never hold any position of public power.

There is no valid argument, given the above, that Trump is fit for the presidency.

CB
Professor Principal
6.2.3  CB  replied to  TᵢG @6.2.2    3 weeks ago

Crooked Donald is somewhere on the planet (I am pretty sure) LYING his butt off right now. If that man's lips are moving. . . something 'weird' is coming out of them!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7  Just Jim NC TttH    3 weeks ago

Love this 🤣😂

”An Ohio sheriff has announced that he is gathering the addresses of all homes in his county that have Kamala Harris campaign signs on display.
Those homes, according to Portage County Sheriff Bruce Zuchowski, will soon be welcoming some new house guests.
In a Facebook post on his personal campaign page, Sheriff Zuchowski called on residents to write down the addresses of Harris supporters.
Zuchowski revealed that he will be sending all illegal aliens that arrive in the county to the homes of Harris supporters.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7    3 weeks ago

Really, you are in favor of law enforcement officials abusing their power to promote their political wishes?   And doing so in a manner that directly endangers these people and, at the minimum, intimidates them from expressing their right to free speech.

You love this??

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @7.1    3 weeks ago
intimidates them from expressing their right to free speech.

How so? That makes no sense............

And how does it endanger them?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.1    3 weeks ago
How so? That makes no sense............ And how does it endanger them?

Imagine that your home address is placed on a list of people who are at political odds with the norm of the community if you display a Trump-Vance sign.

You will be intimidated from displaying your sign knowing that doing so will make your address part of a public list of 'those whose politics are bad for the nation'.

Imagine that you continue to display the Trump-Vance sign anyway (you will NOT be intimidated!).   You are now a target for whatever random nutcases exist in your community.

The sheriff publishes your specific address and deems you as being at odds with the political will of the community.

Hallux
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.1    3 weeks ago
And how does it endanger them?

One opens the door for children to condemn their parents? 'Stellar' regimes do that.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.2    3 weeks ago
Imagine that your home address is placed on a list of people who are at political odds with the norm of the community if you display a Trump-Vance sign.

That only the sheriff will have

You will be intimidated from displaying your sign knowing that doing so will make your address part of a public list of 'those whose politics are bad for the nation'.

You are missing the point either intentionally or on purpose. There is NO TALK of a public list. You're blowing this up beyond the intent.

Imagine that you continue to display the Trump-Vance sign anyway (you will NOT be intimidated!).   You are now a target for whatever random nutcases exist in your community.

If you have a sign in your yard, you don't need a list. The proof of your leaning is already on display.

The sheriff publishes your specific address and deems you as being at odds with the political will of the community.

Where did it say he was publishing anything? Nowhere. He is using the address to send illegals to hang out with like minded people.

One word comes to mind with your commentary. That word is "overboard".

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.4    3 weeks ago
That only the sheriff will have

That is naive:

In a Facebook post on his personal campaign page, Sheriff Zuchowski called on residents to write down the addresses of Harris supporters.

Sure Jim, this list will be private and will not be known in the community.     196

If you have a sign in your yard, you don't need a list. The proof of your leaning is already on display.

But the sheriff has now sanctioned viewing these political views as bad.   The sheriff has stated that it is right to look down upon these views and has stated that the sheriff's department will itself impose negative consequences on these people.

Hello?

That word is "overboard".

No, it is "naive".

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.5    3 weeks ago
But the sheriff has now sanctioned viewing these political views as bad. 

Where did he do that? He is merely going to point the illegals who would otherwise squat on the streets to people of the same mindset as the Dem nominee.

The sheriff has stated that it is right to look down upon these views and has stated that the sheriff's department will itself impose negative consequences on these people.

What could possibly be negative about people stepping up, beyond virtue signaling, and helping these "opportunity" seekers?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.6    3 weeks ago
Where did he do that?

You cannot see that the Sheriff has used the authority of his office to deem those who support Harris-Walz to be holding bad political views?   You do not see how his threat of sending illegal immigrants to their homes is a punitive act?

What could possibly be negative about people stepping up, beyond virtue signaling, and helping these "opportunity" seekers?

Why do you continue to pretend that you do not understand this?   Give us all a break, Jim.   It is obviously a negative consequence for the Sheriff to forcibly send illegal immigrants to the homes of citizens.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.6    3 weeks ago

One more perspective.

I am a Harris-Walz supporter.    I am also absolutely in favor of locking down illegal immigration.

So if I were to advertise support for Harris-Walz I could have illegals knocking on my door by virtue of this Sheriff.

See the problem yet?

Spelling it out.   Just because someone wants Harris to win rather than Trump does not mean that they want open borders.  One-issue voting is a bad practice because reality is complex and replete with issues.   One must consider the issues and prioritize.    In short, there are likely many people who will not ignore the many negatives of Trump simply because he claims he will 'fix' the border.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  impassed  TᵢG @7.1.8    3 weeks ago
✋🏼

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @7.1    3 weeks ago

Indeed.  This sheriff is intimidating and terrorizing those he is supposed to protect and serve.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.8    3 weeks ago

[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.8    3 weeks ago
I am a Harris-Walz supporter.    I am also absolutely in favor of locking down illegalimmigration.

So you are a supporter of Harris, who in the last four years did absolutely nothing to lock down illegal immigration?

That is not logical

CB
Professor Principal
7.1.13  CB  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.8    3 weeks ago

The sheriff is not a politician. He can be civilly sued. He will be sued, whether or not anybody gets hurt, injured, or killed. Furthermore, he has put his politics and INTENT out there for lawyers, juries, and courts to know. It is 'material' evidence.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.12    3 weeks ago

Yes, I am not a one-issue voter.   I consider many factors.    

Illegal immigration is important to me but not even remotely close to the idea of electing to the presidency someone who is wholly unfit for any public office.   That is the overriding factor.   Trump is not fit.  He is not a consideration.

There is no excuse for electing a vindictive, narcissistic, loose-cannon traitor to the presidency.

Further, with all of Trump's fanfare the bottom line is how many illegals have made it past our borders.    The surge occurred during Bush's term and since then has been relatively stable between 10 and 11 million.   The number was dropping during Obama's term and continued to drop during Trump's midterm but started to rise again in the latter portion of Trump's term.

So why would I care about what Trump claims he will do?    He is full of shit.    

SR_24.07.22_unauthorizedimmigrants_1.png?w=640

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.14    3 weeks ago

lol, Trump is full of shit and Harris isn’t?

Hilarious!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
7.1.16  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  CB @7.1.13    3 weeks ago
The sheriff is not a politician.

Point of information CB ,  the office of Sheriff is in deed an elected position  not an appointed one like a police commissioner or police chief . So yes they are politicians , they need to be to get elected .

but i take your point , the only real difference is who does the hiring , the voters or the political party in power at the time .

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7    3 weeks ago

Oh...yeah...wonderful idea! /S

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.3  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7    3 weeks ago

So you support this sheriff terrorizing and intimidating those he is supposed to protect and serve and pit them against the other.

Love it!  jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @7.3    3 weeks ago

Where did I say that? Seems only left leaners interpret it that way.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.3.2  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.3.1    3 weeks ago
Where did I say that?

Stand behind your intent, because others are going to hold you to it:

Jim@7 ☞ Love this ”An Ohio sheriff has announced that he is gathering the addresses of all homes in his county that have Kamala Harris campaign signs on display.
Those homes, according to Portage County Sheriff Bruce Zuchowski, will soon be welcoming some new house guests.
Zuchowski revealed that he will be sending all illegal aliens that arrive in the county to the homes of Harris supporters.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.3.3  Split Personality  replied to  TᵢG @7.3.2    3 weeks ago

He's back peddling today by saying his Facebook rants are protected by the First Amendment and that he would never let his personal feelings over ride his oath of duty to his constituents.

His Face book Page featured several Fox News stories including the Venezuelans in Aurora and the Hattians eating pets in Springfield OH along with pictures of himself with JD Vance...

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.3.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  TᵢG @7.3.2    3 weeks ago
Stand behind your intent, because others are going to hold you to it:

If this was a Democrat Sherrif who supported Harris saying he'd do exactly the same thing he'd be outraged and claim it proved Democrats were a threat to Democracy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.3.1    2 weeks ago

Love this 🤣😂

”An Ohio sheriff has announced that he is gathering the addresses of all homes in his county that have Kamala Harris campaign signs on display.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.4  Krishna  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7    3 weeks ago

There's a few problems with that. For starters the Haitian in Springfield didn't sneak in uninvited. They are legal.

And they were invited in-- they were wanted because businesses in the area needed workers.

The have been several articles from business owners saying how happythey are with the Haitians

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.4.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Krishna @7.4    3 weeks ago

Just where did you see him restrict, or actually pinpoint, Haitians? Yeah, didn't think so..................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.2  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @7.4    3 weeks ago

They're better workers than most of/a lot of the workers they had.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.4.3  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.4.1    3 weeks ago

Check his Facebook page.  Those stories are featured.  

Context...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7    3 weeks ago

LMAO!!!!  Time to FULLY support your candidate and what they stand for.  jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7    3 weeks ago

You support American citizens being harassed by government officials for their expressed political views?

That is just about the most un-American thing I've heard lately.

The kind of shit you might expect from Russia, China, or Afghanistan.

It's certainly nothing to be proud of.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8  Tessylo    3 weeks ago

That is why decent people can't display their support of decent people like Walz/Harris because of terrorist scum like this racist Ohio sheriff.  

How is that a good thing?

Deplorable.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @8    3 weeks ago

People in Arkansas are nervous about displaying support for Harris/Walz

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     3 weeks ago

Felines not felons for president.

Hallux
Professor Principal
9.1  Hallux  replied to  Kavika @9    3 weeks ago

Either way there will be purring or hissing.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @9    3 weeks ago
Felines not felons for president.

I wonder if Vance would then claim that the people are eating the Felons? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10  Just Jim NC TttH    3 weeks ago

George

⁦‪@BehizyTweets⁩

WATCH: A Michigan mom just asked Trump how he plans to decrease the cost of food & groceries, and his answer was perfectly detailed
Mom: "People just can't survive. How are you going to bring down the cost of food and groceries?"
Trump: "So we always have to start with energy.…

pic.x.com/J4h1r5wgG8

9/17/24, 8:06 PM

click the link. His answer is epic. When has Harris done the same?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10    3 weeks ago

Trump claims he will cut everyone’s energy bill in half and do the same with interest rates.

You know, anyone can make promises.   The hard part is actually fulfilling the promises.

Now,   d o   y o u   b e l i e v e   h i m ?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @10.1    3 weeks ago

Harris hasn't even attempted to detail any plan. Do you believe she actually has one?

And yes, I believe he will do his damnedest if history is any indication. What have you got to lean on? Her continuing with Biden's?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @10.1    3 weeks ago

If history is any indication ...............

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.1    3 weeks ago

You believe that Trump will (magically) cut everyone's energy bill in half???

Do you also believe that Trump would call Putin and Zelensky and end the Ukraine war as President-elect?

This is why the GOP has a Trump problem.   No matter how outrageous his claims and promises, people actually believe him.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.3    3 weeks ago

What were gas prices while he was in office?

Ukraine remains to be seen what could be done.

It's called the benefit of the doubt. I am sure you feel the same about what few promises Harris has made, right?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.4    3 weeks ago
What were gas prices while he was in office?

Do you actually believe that the PotUS determines gas prices?

Gas prices are complex and depend upon many global factors.   The US president has little to do with it and only make minor adjustments.

A better picture would be US oil production:  

This gets closer to areas where the PotUS could make an impact.    This chart shows that oil production under Biden has surpassed the high under Trump.   But note, this does not mean that either Biden or Trump had much to do with oil production.

It's called the benefit of the doubt. I am sure you feel the same about what few promises Harris has made, right?

No way would I give Harris the benefit of the doubt if she made an outrageous claim like stopping the Ukraine war with phone calls while president-elect or chopping everyone's energy bills in half.   

But I draw my conclusions without regard to politics.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.5    3 weeks ago
Do you actually believe that the PotUS determines gas prices?

I love the way you twist what people say without trying to understand what and why they are commenting. Of course PotUS doesn't determine ANY prices. What does happen is, just like the markets, the business and  consumer environment thrives on positive actions and reactions exuded by an administration.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.6    3 weeks ago

Is that how it works - 'positive actions and reactions 'exuded' by an administration'?  What does that even mean?

What positives 'exude' from the former 'president's' criminal enterprise of an administration and potential (God forbid) future criminal enterprise of an administration?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.6    3 weeks ago

You implied that prices at the pump were a function of the sitting PotUS.

That is wrong.  So you comparing Trump vs. Biden in terms of gas prices is wrong.

I am not twisting, what looks like a twist is simply your squirming.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.7    3 weeks ago

Strength in leadership. Just like his first term until the Chinese released their germ warfare on the world.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.8    3 weeks ago

It's a function of the damned environment both in business and consumer realms due to the confidence in the administration in power. FFS quit overanalyzing. It comes across as twisting

evilone
Professor Guide
10.1.11  evilone  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.10    3 weeks ago
It's a function of the damned environment both in business and consumer realms due to the confidence in the administration in power.

The markets want stability. Trump is the least stable person in the room.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  evilone @10.1.11    3 weeks ago
Trump is the least stable person in the room.

History says you are mistaken.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.9    3 weeks ago

WOW

No strength in a bully coward traitor and that second sentence.

WOW

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  evilone @10.1.11    3 weeks ago

That demented lunatic is the least stable person in any room.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.15  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.10    3 weeks ago

So you acknowledge that gas prices have little to do with the sitting PotUS yet somehow segue agreement into claiming I over analyze.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.10    3 weeks ago

You were the one that kept asking when were gas prices lower.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.17  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.12    3 weeks ago

oh c'mon! Even you can't believe that bullshit!

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.18  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.9    3 weeks ago

Funny stuff. "Strength in Leadership". . . that failed miserably (admission noted in the comment) when CHINA allegedly acted against the world itself (including China). Donald failed to properly manage a world-wide contagion. That can not be simply glossed over! People are dead because of Donald's contagion policies of 2020. 

To be fair, Donald did authorize the expedited research which led to vaccines (though he struggled with himself and his 'support' (cabinet/trumpists public) over the nuances for making it so).

Donald is too transactional as leader and his supporters can persuade him to harm people for the sake of doing harm itself! Consequently, Donald is unfit and too unprofessional to be a proper president!

Vote HARRIS/WALZ in November 2024 for (more) freedom less chaos!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.19  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.16    3 weeks ago

Kept asking? I asked exactly once.

George
Junior Expert
10.1.20  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.9    3 weeks ago
until the Chinese released their germ warfare on the world.

Come on Dude! everyone knows it was a Pangolin have freaky sex with a bat that caused covid.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.21  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.19    3 weeks ago

Ok, so you only asked once. You didn't like the answer and doubled down on the anger and vitriole

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.22  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.21    3 weeks ago

You have a strange definition of anger and vitriol............

evilone
Professor Guide
10.1.23  evilone  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.12    3 weeks ago
History says you are mistaken.

I'm pretty sure History, and the number of books written by Trump staffers, have and will back me up on this one. LMAO! 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1.24  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  evilone @10.1.23    3 weeks ago

All opinion......

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.25  Krishna  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.3    3 weeks ago
You believe that Trump will ( magically ) cut everyone's energy bill in half??? Do you also believe that Trump would call Putin and Zelensky and end the Ukraine war as President-elect?

Here's what Trump has actually said:

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Donald Trump has repeatedly said he could settle the  war between Russia and Ukraine  in one day if he’s elected president again

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.26  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @10.1.25    3 weeks ago

Here's what Trump has actually said:

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Donald Trump has repeatedly said he could settle the  war between Russia and Ukraine  in one day if he’s elected president again

I find that to be a bit weird.

Although perhaps weirder still-- the fact that so many of his supporters actually believe things like that!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1.22    3 weeks ago

not any more strange than a buddy of yours....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  evilone @10.1.11    3 weeks ago

History proves you correct.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @10.1.25    3 weeks ago

By handing Ukraine over to Russia.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.30  Tessylo  replied to  evilone @10.1.23    3 weeks ago

'All opinion'

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.2  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10    3 weeks ago

'His answer is 'epic''.

How so?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @10.2    3 weeks ago

It was a spontaneous answer. He knew what he wanted to say and had laid the groundwork for before. Because it flowed from the start without hesitation unlike she who goes tangential with "I came up in a middle-class home".

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.2.1    3 weeks ago

That's a pretty low bar - I forget - when one is held to no standards - it's easy to think that anything that they say is 'epic' or spontaneous or anything good.

lol

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.2.1    3 weeks ago

He gave a bullshit answer that is impossible to achieve and you accept that as a good answer.

It was not spontaneous.   Trump’s pattern is to claim he will generate mountains of revenue from tariffs which he will use to fix whatever problem has been raised.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @10.2.3    3 weeks ago

That's epic.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.2.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @10.2.3    3 weeks ago

Why do you give a fuck what I think?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.2.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.2.5    3 weeks ago

You keep asking questions that imply you care what we think. If you really don't, then stop asking questions

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.2.7  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.2.5    3 weeks ago

This is a forum where we discuss and debate.   If you do not want replies then I suggest you not post.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.2.8  Krishna  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.2.1    3 weeks ago
It was a spontaneous answer

I don't know if you arte aware of it-- but there are such things as "spontaneous lies".

(And sometimes a lie can be planned in advance-- to have ready to say when the appropiate moment arrives.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.2.9  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @10.2.8    3 weeks ago
It was a spontaneous answer
I don't know if you arte aware of it-- but there are such things as "spontaneous lies". (And sometimes a lie can be planned in advance-- to have ready to say when the appropiate moment arrives.

And BTW, while some people may not be aware of it-- my answer was epic!!! jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Yup-- genuinely 100% EPIC!!!!

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.2.10  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @10.2.9    3 weeks ago
Yup-- genuinely 100% EPIC!!!!

And here's a little secret-- I have a few answers that I've planned in advance-- to be posted spontaneously when the occasion warrants!
(I have several sanswers planned to be said spontaneousy-- and-- also more than meet the critria for being "Epic".

Yep-- both spontaneous and Epic! jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif

Gazoo
Junior Silent
10.3  Gazoo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10    3 weeks ago

So we always have to start with energy.…”

Yep, everything is dependent on energy. When a demented dumbfuck says he’s going to put big oil out of business what does anyone think will happen? Once energy prices started going up everything else followed.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.3.1  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @10.3    3 weeks ago
When a demented dumbfuck says he’s going to put big oil out of business what does anyone think will happen?

Biden talked about transitioning from fossil fuel to renewables and to start lowering subsidies to Big Oil.

There will be no abrupt end to fossil fuels but rather an evolution to renewables.   And that should be something that anyone can understand as a rational philosophy in perpetuity.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
10.3.2  Gazoo  replied to  TᵢG @10.3.1    3 weeks ago

He also said during one of the debates that he was going to shut down big oil.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.3.3  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @10.3.2    3 weeks ago

I am referring to that statement in the debate.

Biden talked about transitioning from fossil fuel to renewables and to start lowering subsidies to Big Oil.

Obviously there was no attempt to simply shut down Big Oil and there will not be one in the future.   Not only is that impossible to do, it makes no sense.    The only option to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels is to migrate away from them over time.    That is what Biden intended and that correlates with the actions he took.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.3.4  Krishna  replied to  TᵢG @10.3.1    3 weeks ago
There will be no abrupt end to fossil fuels but rather an evolution to renewables.   And that should be something that anyone can understand as a rational philosophy in perpetuity.

Exactly!

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.4  Krishna  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10    3 weeks ago
"So we always have to start with energy.…

"We have to start with..."implies that we are just starting.,

The price of eenergy is already down. 

(I know some stock traders who are unhappy their energy stocks are doing poorly due to the declining prices of oil...)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
10.5  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10    3 weeks ago

It was a magical answer.

If he had the powers to any of this, why didn't he do it while he was in office?

It is sad to think that his audience cheered as it it was even possible in a capitalist republic for the President to dictate

energy bills or auto insurance rates or the price of gasoline.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.5.1  TᵢG  replied to  Split Personality @10.5    3 weeks ago

And if those who believe a PotUS has such power then they must also support the PotUS using such power.   That would be a PotUS setting prices in a market economy ... something that conservatives (rightly) reject as wrong.

The lack of logic regarding Trump is almost as bad as the corresponding denial of fact.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11  Tessylo    3 weeks ago

[deleted][]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12  Just Jim NC TttH    3 weeks ago

[]