╌>

A House Divided

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 weeks ago  •  200 comments

A House Divided
“We ran the play. It was the best play; it was the right one. So now we go back to the playbook. We'll draw up another play, and we'll come up with a solution," Johnson said. "I'm already talking to colleagues about their many ideas. We have time to fix the situation, and we'll get right to it."

The House voted down Speaker Mike Johnson's government funding plan with 14 Republicans voting against it and two others voting present. The measure failed by a 202-222-2 margin. Three Democrats voted for the bill. Johnson's measure would have funded the government for six months, but it included a provision that would require individuals to provide proof of U.S. citizenship to vote. It was that provision that democrats objected to.

Many of the 14 Republicans who voted against the bill were voting against the spending in the bill:

Rep Andy Biggs:

“Tonight, the House is expected to vote on the Uniparty’s bloated spending bill,” the Arizona Republican  said in a thread  on X Wednesday.

“The House has already passed the SAVE Act,” Biggs added in the thread later. “There is no need to plunge our country deeper into debt for talking points.”

These 3 Dems, 14 Republicans crossed aisle on funding bill vote  (thehill.com)

On the other side, it seems that democrats fear voter integrity will hurt them at the polls.

oakImage-1726674114072-jumbo.png

As the House voted, a House Committee was taking a look at president Biden's open border policy and the consequences of it. There were 4 individuals who offered testimony. Three were called by the majority and one by the democrats. He was the one who defined border security as "racism." He was taken down a few times.

I think rational people can agree on one thing. For the first three years of his presidency, Joe Biden ended effective Trump border policies and relaxed rules. He spoke warmly about migrants. The number of illegal border crossings soared. As a national election neared and it became clear the surge was hurting Democrats in the polls, the administration started to at least look like it was trying to secure the border. Yesterday's hearing unveiled the unvarnished truth.

Some of the highlights:

I only wish I had the video of Rep Carlos Gimenez confronted the progressive sheriff from Arizona. That was a real takedown.

In other news:

Walkie-talkies exploded across Lebanon in another coordinated attack on Hezbollah. The blasts killed at least 20 Hezbollah militants and injured 450 people. Israeli officials have not directly addressed the explosions, but the prime minister and defense minister said that the military was now focused on Lebanon.

In a clearly political move Fed Chairman Powell
lowered interest rates by half a percentage point, a sharp cut usually reserved for critical moments. The Fed waited all this time, but couldn't wait until after the election. This was the Fed’s first rate cut since early 2020.

The Teamsters union leadership refused to endorse a candidate. It released survey results saying most of its members preferred Trump, which Trump called an honor.

The Justice Department sued the owner operator of a ship that crashed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore.

Iranians sent “unsolicited emails” that included stolen material that was not publicly available from former President  Donald Trump ’s campaign to people associated with his Democratic political rival, the FBI and two other government agencies said Wednesday.

Iranian hackers sent stolen Trump campaign info to Biden campaign associates, FBI says (nbcnews.com)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

Good morning.

MAGA fashion:  A conservative-themed fashion show featured ball gowns, sequined jackets and, of course, hats.

19themorning-TrumpFashionShow-01-vmth-copy-jumbo.jpg
Lena Ruseva modeled a dress of her own design.  Johnny Milano for The New York Times.

Question of the day: What did the Harris campaign do with the hacked information the Iranians gave them?

shona1
Professor Quiet
1.1  shona1  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 weeks ago

Yawn..night...🌕🌙✨

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  shona1 @1.1    2 weeks ago

In the words of a legendary Aussie group:

You're always window-shopping
But never stopping to buy
So shed those dowdy feathers and fly
A little bit

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.3  devangelical  replied to  shona1 @1.1    2 weeks ago

nice gown, if you like dragging the american flag across the ground ....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1.3    one week ago

They'd buy a trashbag if it had his ugly puke face on it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.4    one week ago

that face belongs printed on the inside of trash bags ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 weeks ago

Who the hell would wear that garbage?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    2 weeks ago

People who don't understand the flag code but think of themselves as patriots anyway

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Hallux  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    2 weeks ago
Who the hell would wear that garbage?

People who like this garbage:

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @1.3.2    2 weeks ago

Wow, I can't imagine why those aren't in the finest museums.

lol

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.4  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.1    2 weeks ago

every american flag with trump's ugly mug on it is definitely a desecrated flag ...

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  devangelical @1.3.4    2 weeks ago
every american flag with trump's ugly mug on it is definitely a desecrated flag ...

Burning a flag is less disrespectful than putting that lying felon's face on it. That dress apparently also has an easy access flap that she's demonstrating so dirty Donald can get his tiny gross hands in to grab some trailer trash pussy.

Hallux
Professor Principal
1.4  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 weeks ago
Lena Ruseva

In a just world Lena's really, really bad paintings would not be allowed to be shown in a dumpster. Her 'stuff' makes one want to pluck out one's eyes.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.5  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 weeks ago

What did the Harris campaign do with the hacked information the Iranians gave them?

Lol - as if anyone needs help uncovering Trump scandals.  He does them in the open with a megaphone.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2  Ozzwald    2 weeks ago

[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @2    2 weeks ago

removed for context 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

Last night Donald Trump was the special guest of Greg Guttfield.

GXzrbxqXkAAFCA9?format=jpg&name=small

Some highlights:

The first thing he heard was concern for the latest assassination attempt.

Trump said: "I always knew Golf could be a dangerous sport."

On the ABC debate:

"They didn’t correct her once and they corrected me, everything I said practically. " ... and the audience went absolutely crazy

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 weeks ago
"They didn’t correct her once and they corrected me, everything I said practically."

Somebody had to help Harris.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1    2 weeks ago

The beauty of it is the American people must be able to see right through it!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1    2 weeks ago
Somebody had to help Harris.

The media  has to work overtime trying to gaslight people into believing she's not a dime store Palin. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 weeks ago

Ya, we see right through all the lies and hate and ignorance/agnorance.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1    2 weeks ago

There was no need to correct Kamala on anything.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    2 weeks ago

Yet much of what she said during the debate was proven to be false.  For example:

Muir and Davis were so in the tank for Harris that their own network even called them out post-debate for giving zero pushback on her insane claim that no US troops on active duty are in combat zones around the world. 

They let Harris lie about Trump’s affiliation with Project 2025, about Trump demanding the execution of the Central Park Five, about live births resulting from failed abortions.

She even repeated the lie that Trump praised white supremacist marchers as “fine people,” such total BS that pro-Dem disinformation outlet Snopes recently admitted it was fake. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.5    2 weeks ago

The NY Post is not a reliable source

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.7    2 weeks ago

And yet you haven't proven my comment wrong. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.7    2 weeks ago

bullshit

rightcenter011.png?resize=600%2C67&ssl=1

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.8    2 weeks ago

Yes, I have.  Same as Vic.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.11    2 weeks ago

[removed (WARNING do not make insulting abbreviations for members, next time it will be taunting or COC)]

[] Not at all reliable. It's not true anyway. So, there you go.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.11    2 weeks ago

LMAO.  Where.  All I've seen are baseless claims with nothing to back them up.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.14  Tacos!  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.5    2 weeks ago

So you’re saying Trump needed help from the moderators.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.15  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.14    2 weeks ago

[] Exactly where did I say Trump got help from the moderators?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.5    one week ago
Yet much of what she said during the debate was proven to be false.  For example:
Muir and Davis were so in the tank for Harris that their own network even called them out post-debate for giving zero pushback on her insane claim that no US troops on active duty are in combat zones around the world. 

They let Harris lie about Trump’s affiliation with Project 2025, about Trump demanding the execution of the Central Park Five, about live births resulting from failed abortions.

She even repeated the lie that Trump praised white supremacist marchers as “fine people,” such total BS that pro-Dem disinformation outlet Snopes recently admitted it was fake. 

These are your examples of Harris' big lies?

... her insane claim that no US troops on active duty are in combat zones around the world. 

Her 'insane' claim simply missed one word:  'fighting':    no US troops on active duty are fighting in combat zones around the world.   That is true.   Her basic message is true.   You are nitpicking.

They let Harris lie about Trump’s affiliation with Project 2025, ...

We have video of Trump praising the authors of Project 2025.    And then backtracking from it due its political liabilities.

about Trump demanding the execution of the Central Park Five, ...

Here is the full-page ad he took out:   

... about live births resulting from failed abortions.

She was countering Trump's lie about abortions done after birth.   There is no such thing.   No states allow that.   Trump was totally misrepresenting reality and she called him on it.

Trump praised white supremacist marchers as “fine people,” ...

When you say there are fine people on both sides and one of the sides are white supremacists, you have labeled supremacist marchers as "fine people".   

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.17  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.16    one week ago

Nope.  Didn't say anything about that.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.18  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.17    one week ago

Who do you think you are fooling with this tired platitude of " I did not say that " and paraphrases of the same?

My post pointed out that Harris' ostensible lies were not so, and at worst were simply imprecise language.

In contrast, look at the stream of actual misrepresentations (and lies) from Trump (these are only the Trump misrepresentations).    

“I had no inflation, virtually no inflation,” 

“We have millions of people pouring into our country from prisons and jails, from mental institutions and insane asylums,”

“21 million people” are crossing the border monthly into the United States under President Joe Biden.

“In Springfield, they’re eating the dogs. The people that came in, they’re eating the cats,” Trump said. “They’re eating the pets of the people that live there.”

Former President Donald Trump said Tuesday the United States took in billions of dollars from China as a result of his tariffs.

Former President Donald Trump said the US experienced “the highest inflation” ever under President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.

“When she ran, she was the first one to leave because she failed,”

“Remember that she was a border czar,” Trump said. “She doesn’t want to be called the border czar because she’s embarrassed by the border.”

“Every legal scholar, every Democrat, every Republican, liberal, conservative, all wanted this issue to be brought back to the states where the people could vote, and that’s what happened,” Trump said. “It’s the vote of the people, now it’s not tied up in the federal government.”

“Nancy Pelosi was responsible. She didn’t do her job,” - blaming Pelosi for the Jan 6 violence.

“They sent her to negotiate peace before this war started,” Trump said, referring to Harris. “Three days later, he went in, and he started the war because everything they said was weak and stupid.”

“We wouldn’t have left $85 billion worth of brand new, beautiful military equipment behind,”

Former President Donald Trump claimed Tuesday that 818,000 of the jobs created under the Biden-Harris administration from April 2023 to March 2024 were a “fraud.”

Former President Donald Trump claimed that President Joe Biden has taken money from China and Ukraine, including $3.5 million from the wife of the mayor of Moscow.

Former President Donald Trump repeated a claim he has made on numerous occasions during his campaign – that the Biden administration orchestrated a criminal election subversion case that was brought against him by a local district attorney in Fulton County, Georgia, a criminal fraud case that was brought against him by a local district attorney in Manhattan, and a civil fraud case that was brought against him by the attorney general of New York state.

Former President Donald Trump said of the Biden-Harris administration, “the only jobs they got were bounce-back jobs” that “bounced back and it went to their benefit,” but “I was the one that created them.”

“We’re going to end up in a third world war, and it will be a war like no other. Because of nuclear weapons, the power of weaponry. I rebuilt our entire military. She gave a lot of it away to the Taliban. She gave it to Afghanistan,” he said.

Former President Donald Trump complained that the US had given $250 billion to $275 billion in aid to Ukraine while European countries had given just $100 billion to $150 billion even though they are located closer to Ukraine.

Former President Donald Trump claimed during the debate on Tuesday that “crime in this country is through the roof.”

Former President Donald Trump said Tuesday that the  Central Park Five  pleaded guilty to crimes, and that the five teenagers “badly hurt a person, killed a person” in the 1989 attack.

“I ended the Nord Stream 2 pipeline and Biden put it back on day one,” Trump said. “But he ended the XL pipeline – the XL pipeline in our country, he ended that. But he let the Russians build a pipeline going all over Europe and heading into Germany; the biggest pipeline in the world.”

Former President Donald Trump claimed that some states allow people to execute babies, in addition to allowing abortion in the ninth month, and he singled out the governors including Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Walz for his stance on the issue.

On Walz, Trump said, “He also says execution after birth – it’s execution, no longer abortion because the baby is born – is OK. And that’s not OK with me.”

“They have abortion in the ninth month. They even have – and you can look at the governor of West Virginia, the previous governor of West Virginia not the current governor he’s doing an excellent job. But the governor before, he said, ‘The baby will be born, and we will decide what to do with the baby,’ in other words, ‘We’ll execute the baby,’” Trump said.

“For years, we were paying almost all of NATO,” he said. “We were being ripped off by European nations, both on trade and on NATO. I got them to pay up by saying one of the statements you made before, ‘if you don’t pay, we’re not going to protect you.’ Otherwise we would have never gotten it.”

“But she won’t improve private insurance for people, private medical insurance,” Trump said. “That’s another thing she doesn’t want to give. People are paying privately for insurance that have worked hard and made money and they wanna have private – she wants everybody to be on government insurance where you wait six months for an operation that you need immediately.”

“I had a choice to make: Do I save it and make it as good as it can be, or do I let it rot? And I saved it,” Trump said.

You ignore all the bullshit from Trump in the debate and instead try (and fail) to exaggerate basically nothing into something.

Instead of a thoughtful reply, you post the bullshit  " Nope.  Didn't say anything about that. "  which emphasizes your lack of a rebuttal.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.18    one week ago

[deleted][]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.20  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.19    one week ago

You quote-mined a portion of a single sentence in order to change my meaning instead of giving a thoughtful rebuttal to my post.

Clearly you have no argument so you resort to cheap, tired deflection tactics.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.20    one week ago
Clearly you have no argument so you resort to cheap, tired deflection tactics.

There's nothing to deflect from. I ask somebody a question. You jumped in with bullshit. (i.e. unrelated quotes with no source.) You were called on it [deleted][]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.22  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.21    one week ago
(i.e. unrelated quotes with no source.

I included the source.   It is right there in the post.   You have no argument, just a pathetic attempt to save face.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.23  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.22    one week ago

So you pick ONE part of what I said. Why not address ALL of what I said. [deleted][]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.24  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.23    one week ago
So you pick ONE part of what I said.

What's that called again?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.25  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1.24    one week ago

[deleted][]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.26  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1.24    one week ago

Quoting without any misrepresentation and responding to it.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.27  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.26    one week ago
Quoting without any misrepresentation and responding to it.

As you put it - INTELLECTIONAL DISHONESTY.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.28  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.27    one week ago

Intellectual dishonesty is, in the case I noted, misrepresenting someone via a partial quote.

I did not misrepresent your intent in any way.

You claimed that I put forth "unrelated quotes with no source".   That is the full context of your claim and there is no misrepresentation of your allegation.

I responded to your allegation because it was obviously false as anyone can see by looking at my posts (and seeing the links).

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.29  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.28    one week ago
You claimed that I put forth "unrelated quotes with no source"

I stated more than that.  What you did was exactly what you claim as Intellectual dishonesty.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.30  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.29    one week ago

Not replying to your additional comment is not intellectual dishonesty.   It is ignoring your repeated, already debunked claims.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.31  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.30    one week ago
Not replying to your additional comment is not intellectual dishonesty.

Then respond to ALL of what I said.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.32  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.31    one week ago

Have already done so.   You keep coming back with bullshit like:  

Jeremy@4.1.21There's nothing to deflect from. I ask somebody a question. You jumped in with bullshit. (i.e. unrelated quotes with no source.) You were called on it

This ⇡  is nonsense.   It is nothing more than emotive rhetoric.   

If you really want someone to reply to what you write, write something that is thoughtful; ideally based on fact and logic.   

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
4.1.33  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.32    one week ago
Have already done so. 

Keep thinking that.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 weeks ago

Well when everything out of your mouth is a ridiculous obvious lie, how dare they say so?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    2 weeks ago

You mean like when the ABC moderators let Kamala lie about Trump’s affiliation with Project 2025, and about Trump demanding the execution of the Central Park Five, and about live births resulting from failed abortions. She even repeated the lie that Trump praised white supremacist marchers as “fine people,” such total BS that pro-Dem disinformation outlet Snopes recently admitted it was fake. 

They let her do it but the people got it. David Muir's “World News Tonight” has lost a million viewers since the debate.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.1    2 weeks ago

That's all true.

The former 'president' traitor convicted felon and rapist took out full page ads calling for the Central Park Five's execution.  He is very much involved in Project 2025.  He did say there were fine people on both sides which is not true of the white supremacist incel marchers who said that "Jews will not replace us".  Everything Kamala said was true.  Everything the former 'president' traitor convicted felon and rapist said was an outrageous lie also inciting violence and terrorism by the proud boys incels and their own sheriff in Springfield and bomb threats and threats on the whole town.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.2    2 weeks ago
That's all true.

I leave that to our readers.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.1    2 weeks ago
David Muir's “World News Tonight” has lost a million viewers since the debate.

do you have a link for that? Throwing your own facts out there doesn't do a thing for your credibility

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.2    2 weeks ago

The bomb threats were hoaxes. I thought we covered that the other day.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.4    2 weeks ago

" Muir’s “World News Tonight” averaged 6.7 million viewers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, the three episodes following the debate, after averaging 7.6 million in 2024 leading up to the debate."

What's 900,000 when you're at that high figure.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.6    2 weeks ago

I'm sure Vic is glad you're around to do his homework.

900,000 is really not that much when you're talking about a hyped up TV debate and after the debate people are tired of the news and go watch Wheel of Fortune instead

Hallux
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.6    2 weeks ago

I'll match your link with this:

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hallux @4.2.9    2 weeks ago

Well, well, what do you know. Do you suppose people are off enjoying the last hurrahs of summer and watching the news is not a priority on the weekends?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.4    2 weeks ago

The whole town of Springfield is terrorized by the lies told by the traitor and his vp pick.  

They have closed schools and stores and cancelled their festival.

Due to bomb threats and threats to the LEGAL Haitian immigrants and the entire town is on lockdown essentially.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.5    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Ya!  I always take your word as gospel.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.12    2 weeks ago

" Then more than 33  bomb threats arrived over the past five days , aimed at  the city hall , healthcare facilities, schools and colleges. All were determined to have been hoaxes and  many were from overseas, Ohio Governor  Mike DeWine  said  Monday ."

Read it and weep.............

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.4    2 weeks ago

Hallux
Professor Principal
4.2.15  Hallux  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.10    2 weeks ago
Do you suppose people are off enjoying the last hurrahs of summer

That's the case up here, it's close up the cottage season.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.2.16  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.13    2 weeks ago

All required State Troopers and bomb squads to sweep different buildings multiple times.

Classes were interrupted or canceled.

The interruptions, cancelations and inspections cost real people and businesses, time and money.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @4.2.16    2 weeks ago

But they were hoaxes.......

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.18  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.13    2 weeks ago

Read what and weep?

So their own governor is saying these are hoaxes?

What the fuck?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.19  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.13    2 weeks ago

So, because they were allegedly hoaxes and 'many' were from overseas, nothing to worry about, right?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.20  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @4.2.16    2 weeks ago

but vance and the former 'president' traitor are worried about the stresses placed on resources by LEGAL HAITIAN residents?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.21  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.7    one week ago

lol … hilarious

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.2.22  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.13    one week ago
All were determined to have been hoaxes

Terrorism: noun - the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

It does not matter that the bombs weren't real, the threat is clearly an intimidation which by definition is terrorism. Trying to downplay this and call it a "hoax" is simply dishonest and despicable.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.23  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.3    one week ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 weeks ago

Is that where the former 'president' said the audience went wild at the debate?????

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @4.3    2 weeks ago
the audience went wild at the debate?????

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.3.2  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @4.3    2 weeks ago

to be fair, I don't think trump got his nap after lunch that afternoon ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.3.1    2 weeks ago

Grerg Dickfeld didn't bother to 'fact check' him.

lol

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.3.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.3    2 weeks ago

One would have to know what "facts" are to check them

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.3.4    2 weeks ago

Funny how the defenders of the indefensible haven't mentioned that.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.3.6  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.5    2 weeks ago

The other spin off from the Guttfield show was the strange anecdote of saving Tim Walz from angry Trump fans.

According to Trump, Minnesota was burning during the George Floyd riots and Trump tweeted "Liberate Minnesota" after which hundreds of protesters showed up at the Governors mansion waving American flags and Trump flags.

According to Trump, Tim Walz called the White House begging for help and Trump somehow signaled the protesters who took their flags and left.

According to Tim Walz it was during Covid and some very unpopular decisions he had made.  When the Governors mansion was targeted by protesters waving pro Trump flags, American flags and Don't Tread on Me flags,

He called the White House to try to understand what “liberate Minnesota” was asking of him, but he didn’t get a response.

The Trump anecdote conflates two separate events and Trump claims to have saved the weaker Tim Walz by calling off the 'liberate Minnesota" protesters.

All of which begs the question, if Trump could control the masses in Minnesota, why didn't he stop the January 6 mob from attacking the Capitol and D.C. police?

More magical story telling?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.7  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @4.3.6    2 weeks ago

I said pretty much the same thing elsewhere - if he could get them to lay down their trumpturd flags and go home, why didn't he do that on 1/6?

That's what I meant by undermining or 'kneecapping' his defense - I forget where I saw that - that was the headline essentially he 'kneecapped' his defense with that fable.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.8  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @4.3.6    2 weeks ago

Yes, he incited them to go to Walz's and he also incited them to 1/6 - similar scenarios

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.3.9  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.8    2 weeks ago

When? Where? How?

[deleted][]

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.3.10  arkpdx  replied to  arkpdx @4.3.9    one week ago

[]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.4  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 weeks ago
and the audience went absolutely crazy

there was no audience, maybe he was just refocusing his mind on the crowd size issues?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @4.4    2 weeks ago

'Size' really seems to be an issue with him jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.5  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @4    2 weeks ago

There was no audience, LMAO what a dumb ass.

evilone
Professor Guide
5  evilone    2 weeks ago

You missed Trump's plan to undermine his own previous tax plan...

In a  Truth Social post  highlighting his Wednesday rally on Long Island, New York, where many residents have been affected by the cap, Trump wrote that he would “get SALT back, lower your Taxes, and so much more.”

He cut his party off at the knees and joined the liberal coastal elites. 

Removing the limit would increase the cost of extending the 2017 tax cut law by $1.2 trillion over a decade, according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, which called such a move “costly, distortionary and regressive.” Some 92% of the relief would go to the top 10% of households, while less than 1% would go to the bottom 60%.

Trump is sounding more and more desperate. What's next with his tax plan? Eliminating all taxes?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  evilone @5    2 weeks ago
He cut his party off at the knees and joined the liberal coastal elites. 

Yes, it's a shame that he's pandering to the rich . 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @5    2 weeks ago

The biggest mover for working people and the US economy would be eliminating taxes on overtime.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.1  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    2 weeks ago
The biggest mover for working people and the US economy would be eliminating taxes on overtime.

Again, not a sound fiscal policy. The Tax Foundation said this would add $1.1T to the deficit over the next decade. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @5.2.1    2 weeks ago

The "Tax Foundation" is a think tank just like "The Heritage Foundation."

Shall we accept the 2025 Project as well?

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.3  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.2    2 weeks ago
The "Tax Foundation" is a think tank just like "The Heritage Foundation."

What are you trying to say, Vic? They are only worth paying attention to when you agree with them, or fiscal responsibility is only appropriate when Dems are in control? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @5.2.3    2 weeks ago

I'm saying they are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
5.2.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  evilone @5.2.1    2 weeks ago
Again, not a sound fiscal policy.

Neither is the Democrats run away spending but here we are.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.5    2 weeks ago

Funny, I don't recall what the "Tax Foundation" had to say about "the Inflation Reduction Act."

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.7  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.4    2 weeks ago
I'm saying they are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Yeah.. We'll just cut all the taxes and make China pay for it. /s 

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.8  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.6    2 weeks ago
Funny, I don't recall what the "Tax Foundation" had to say about "the Inflation Reduction Act."

A simple trip to google would help you.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @5.2.8    2 weeks ago
  • The law’s subsidies for green energy, in the form of several tax credits with novel features including transferability and monetization, have proven attractive to taxpayers, leading to escalating budgetary costs approaching $1 trillion over the next decade. Among other things, this means the IRA as a whole likely worsens deficits.

Ok

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2.10  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.9    2 weeks ago
...this means the IRA as a whole likely worsens deficits.

But we should take that with a grain of salt too, right?

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.11  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.2    2 weeks ago
"The Heritage Foundation."

the staging area for an unamerican and unconstitutional theocracy ...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.9    2 weeks ago

Would it kill you to tell Evil he's right?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.14  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    2 weeks ago

Project 2025 eliminates overtime so.......

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3  Tessylo  replied to  evilone @5    2 weeks ago

He also undermined his own defense re:  1/6, or was it kneecapped?

lol

JBB
Professor Principal
7  JBB    2 weeks ago

(deleted)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @7    2 weeks ago

removed for context

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

The presidential race begins for thousands of voters today as Wisconsin starts mailing ballots to eligible voters.

With  one point  separating Vice President Harris and former President Trump in the Badger State, the campaigns are set to spend the next 47 days fighting for every ballot.

Voting begins in some form for many voters in more than half of all states by the end of the month, including Michigan and North Carolina.

Wisconsin kicks off election season with first widely available absentee ballots | Fox News

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

Trump received a gift from Tyrus on the Gutfeld show:

GX1FfZdWkAAhbGh?format=jpg&name=small

He is a champion in many ways.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @10    2 weeks ago

A champion?  He is King Shit of Turd Mountain.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @10    2 weeks ago

as legitimate as a pro wrestling champion ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @10.2    2 weeks ago

I wondered who the steroid case was.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  author  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

UNIONDALE, N.Y. — Former President Donald Trump basked in the  adulation of thousands of supporters on Long Island Wednesday night  — insisting that recent attempts to kill him had “hardened my resolve” and predicting he would be the first Republican candidate to win New York state in 40 years.

“These encounters with death have not broken my will,” the Republican presidential nominee, 78, told roughly 16,000 fans at the Nassau Coliseum three days after a gunman was found hiding in the bushes of Trump’s namesake  Florida golf course as he played a round .

“They have really given me a much bigger and stronger mission. They’ve only hardened my resolve to use my time on Earth to make America great again for all Americans, to put America first,” added Trump, whose ear was grazed by a would-be assassin’s bullet at a July 13 rally in western Pennsylvania.

Trump tells rowdy Long Island rally he'll 'save New York,' asks voters, 'What the hell do you have to lose?' (nypost.com)

Meanwhile the Harris campaign is now into a prevent defense mode. For Harris no news is good news.

They intend to stay quietly in the background from now thru election day.

Hallux
Professor Principal
12.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    2 weeks ago
'What the hell do you have to lose?'

One could start with self-respect. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @12.1    2 weeks ago

[deleted][]

JBB
Professor Principal
12.1.2  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.1    2 weeks ago

What respect is due those who falsely accuse everyone to their left politically of being marxists and socialists? Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are Democrats! Got It yet?

MAGA get the respect they give!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @12.1.2    2 weeks ago

She is defined by her policies, which she cannot run away from.

I'll remind people from now until election day.

Hallux
Professor Principal
12.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.1    2 weeks ago

Neither do I and I would never vote for Trump for that very reason.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @12.1.4    2 weeks ago

Anyone who isn't an American citizen shouldn't be voting.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.1    2 weeks ago

You should not simply believe what Trump says.

Marx, in the most essential terms, was an anti-capitalist.   Most of his work was spent analyzing and critiquing capitalism historically and operationally as a system and as a philosophy.   A Marxist is one who is opposed to capitalism.

Harris has made no hint that she is against capitalism.   She has, however, established as one of her key initiatives support for the startup of new businesses.   This is conventional capitalism ... this is at the heart of the romanticized American dream.    She has also expressed the long-standing American view of a free and fair market where capitalism can operate properly.   Capitalism works best when true competition allows the dynamics of supply vs. demand and competition to efficiently deliver only what is needed and at a fair price.

Trump childishly calls people names.   He tosses out a list of emotive labels just to fire up those who believe his bullshit.   It is a real shame that people still believe this scoundrel.

One of many examples of Trump using nonsensical emotive labels:  

“She’s a Marxist. She’s a fascist,” the former president declared last week, weirdly combining labels that normally contradict each other.  Trump claimed, without a shred of evidence, that   Vice President Harris , whom he has dubbed “Comrade Kamala,” “wants this country to go communist.”

Hallux
Professor Principal
12.1.7  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.5    2 weeks ago
Anyone who isn't an American citizen shouldn't be voting.

Why not? I'm deader than a scroll! Now that we have got by the niceties, what makes you think I like soap enough to emulate Brian Prichard? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @12.1.6    2 weeks ago

I'm calling her that based on her record.

Btw Harris has a traitor knocking on doors for her:

M ichigan residents may have received a shock when they opened their doors to canvassers only to realize they were being visited by Jane Fonda.

Fonda, who is 86, has long been politically active, and sometimes controversial as a result.

She drew ire from the public in 1972 after visiting North Vietnam and was given the nickname " Hanoi Jane " after appearing on local radio criticizing the  U.S. military  and opposing the war.

Jane Fonda Hugs Voter, Explains Why She's Door-Knocking for Kamala Harris (msn.com)

As far as I'm concerned Harris represents all the worst things that this country has gone through over my lifetime.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.8    2 weeks ago

This reminds me of an old joke that Ronald Reagan told that kind of wraps up the whole Dem "promise". You have to wait for the punchline. Enjoy

Hallux
Professor Principal
12.1.10  Hallux  replied to  TᵢG @12.1.6    2 weeks ago
A Marxist is one who is opposed to capitalism.

Marx wrote during the Industrial Revolution as did Dickens, both were creatures of their times; a heavenly period for the affluent and a hell for the rest. Dickens would have cast Sarah H. Sanders as his mother.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.1.11  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.8    2 weeks ago
As far as I'm concerned Harris represents all the worst things that this country has gone through over my lifetime.

An irrational perception is interesting to read but ultimately offers no value.

And you somehow do not see all these bad qualities of Trump?:

• narcissist
  • con-man
  • vindictive
  • traitor
  • pathological liar
  • ego as a vulnerability
  • thief
  • rapist
  • asshole
  • loose-cannon
  • impulsive/reactive

I am sure I missed one or two.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.8    2 weeks ago

Could you please join us in the 21st century?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @12.1.11    2 weeks ago

The worst things are represented by policies. Not personalities.

The woman who once was rated the most far left member of the Sente and chose the far-left lane as a candidate in the DNC primary has suddenly switched gears. Different, but not by much. She now supports $5 trillion in tax hikes, raising the capital gains tax from 20 percent to 28 percent for anyone earning more than $1 million a year, a threat to end price gouging by supermarkets, price controls, and a $25,000 federal subsidy for first-time home buyers. On foreign affairs, she plays it both ways when it comes to Israel. She notes that Israel has the right to defend itself, while Palestinians also have one to self-determination. This move from her more extreme views is a bit hard to believe.

Down deep Kamala is still the radical who supported a fund to get 2020 rioters out of jail and said they need to continue.

I get the feeling that some here don't want her criticized.

I will be doing just that right up until the election.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.1.15  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.14    2 weeks ago
The worst things are represented by policies. Not personalities.

It is not about personality, it is about character.

The absolute worst situation is to arm a narcissistic loose-cannon of abysmal character with the power of the presidency.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.3    2 weeks ago

and we'll remind you of the lack of policies from the former 'president' and his 'concepts' on a health plan.

Thomas
Masters Guide
12.1.17  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.5    2 weeks ago

Hey, do you know that the things you post seem to make more sense when read in DJT's voice? I mean, not in the sense that they make sense, but I can more easily picture DJT saying something that crazy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  Thomas @12.1.17    2 weeks ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif it's usually more funny when Stephen Colbert does it that way also - and the hand gestures

TᵢG
Professor Principal
12.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.18    2 weeks ago

Colbert has Trump down cold!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @12.1.19    2 weeks ago

I love him.  Always have.  Ever since the days of the Colbert Report.  Him and Jon Stewart.  Ever since the Daily Show.  I saw Jon Stewart in Atlantic City years ago - I can't remember if it was pre-Daily Show or not.

Thomas
Masters Guide
12.2  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    2 weeks ago

He said it was 20,000 with over flowdown the block

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14  author  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

On Monday, the woman who created the greatest political hoax in US history, declared that the federal government should criminally prosecute Americans who "share propaganda."

newspress-collage-pwd1a6lst-1726697895168.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&1726683794&w=744

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
14.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @14    2 weeks ago

They know the prosecutions will only go one way and she can lie all she wants without worry.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @14.1    2 weeks ago

"Because no reasonable prosecutor will prosecute them!

Hallux
Professor Principal
14.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @14    2 weeks ago

Not to worry, Laura Loomer is about to dethrone her. @!@

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @14.2    2 weeks ago

Yeah, she is about to replace Melania.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
14.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @14.2.1    2 weeks ago

she's a newer model than Melania but OMG look at that face!

jrSmiley_54_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
14.3  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @14    2 weeks ago

Prosecuted like Axis Annie and Tokyo Rose!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15  author  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

A group tied to Democratic consulting firms has been bankrolling an effort to stock  ballots  with pro-former President Donald Trump candidates disguised as independents in an effort to siphon votes away from  Republicans .

The  Patriots Run Project  ran more than $48,000 worth of advertisements on Facebook in an effort to recruit right-leaning candidates in the 2024 election cycle in six  swing seat  elections. The group has worked with at least six people to get their names on the ballot, spending thousands of dollars on collecting signatures, filing fees, and polling. 

Group tied to Democratic firms spent thousands to support Republicans and spoil races - Washington Examiner

Always down and dirty!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @15    2 weeks ago

Another lunatic projection.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16  Sparty On    2 weeks ago
but it included a provision that would require individuals to provide proof of U.S. citizenship to vote. It was that provision that democrats objected to.

Proof of Democrats complicity in treasonistic behavior.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
16.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sparty On @16    2 weeks ago

That's something they have fought against from it's inception.  All they while they allow millions of illegals to cross the border.

devangelical
Professor Principal
16.2  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @16    2 weeks ago

oh, the irony ...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @16.2    2 weeks ago

Nope, not even close

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
17  author  Vic Eldred    2 weeks ago

It's about 11:15 AM EST.  

That means two things. I have a daily errand to run, and Joe Biden is now awake.

Be back later.

JBB
Professor Principal
17.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @17    2 weeks ago

From his tower the eye of Trump is ever upon us!

original

Tessylo
Professor Principal
17.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @17    2 weeks ago

[]

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
17.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @17.2    2 weeks ago

Triple XXX sounds so last century. 

Hallux
Professor Principal
17.2.2  Hallux  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @17.2.1    2 weeks ago

Triple QQQ cacophony is so this century ... @!@

Tessylo
Professor Principal
17.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @17.2.2    one week ago

Maybe he'll bump into that governor from North Carolina (?) Mark Robinson?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
19  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago
In a clearly political move Fed Chairman Powell lowered interest rates by half a percentage point, a sharp cut usually reserved for critical moments. The Fed waited all this time, but couldn't wait until after the election. This was the Fed’s first rate cut since early 2020.

Where do you come up with this stuff? 

It has been known for quite some time there would be an interest rate cut as soon as the inflation rate got closer to the 2% target. 

Powell has served in government in two Republican and two Democratic administrations. 

According to wikipedia he is a registered Republican. 

Plus, the rate cut is a joint decision of all the Federal Reserve board members, which is a bipartisan group. 

evilone
Professor Guide
19.1  evilone  replied to  JohnRussell @19    2 weeks ago
Where do you come up with this stuff? 

It serves a confirmation bias narrative.

Split Personality
Professor Guide

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
21  Nerm_L    2 weeks ago

Don't worry.  Newtie Trump (or is that Donald J. Gingrich) will jump into the noodle vat and fork it up.  And our adversaries are amused while the kiddies play in the cat box.  We know that all the past government shutdowns has only Made America Grift Again.  The neoliberal deadwood in Congress is making Chuck Schumer look like a statesman.  

How can Trump be losing to an empty suit?  Is this some sort of genius plan to distract the opposition?  Or is this really what it seems to be; the only reason Kamala Harris is competitive in this election is because Donald J. Trump is the biggest, bestest fucking idiot in the world.  

My lying eyes are telling me that we're screwed no matter what happens.  Thank you, Donald, for pissing everything away.

Hallux
Professor Principal
21.2  Hallux  replied to  Nerm_L @21    2 weeks ago
Donald J. Trump is the biggest, bestest fucking idiot in the world.  

You got that part right, I'm 'kinda' impressed.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
21.2.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Hallux @21.2    2 weeks ago
You got that part right, I'm 'kinda' impressed.

So, where have you been?  Since 2016 I have been quite vocal that Donald Trump is a clown, a buffoon who can't string three words together into a coherent thought, an idiot savant heavy on the idiot.  

But Donald Trump proved to be a far, far better choice than Hillary Clinton.  Trump was a better choice than Biden, as history has proven.  And, now, Trump is still a better choice than Kamala Harris.  Trump is not a free trade, globalist acolyte and apologist; unlike Clinton, Biden, or Harris,  That's why Trump will always be a better choice than a Reagan/Clinton Democrat.

You know, there's a reason so many Republican luminaries are supporting and endorsing Kamala Harris.  These very same Republicans could be working to convince voters to just stay home and not vote for Trump.  But that's not what's happening.  Republicans are supporting Harris because they like her promises and urge support because of those promises.  That really does say more about Kamala Harris than it says about Donald Trump.   

Tessylo
Professor Principal
21.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @21.2    2 weeks ago

but he's still better than Kamala

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
21.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Nerm_L @21.2.1    2 weeks ago
Trump is still a better choice than Kamala Harris

... by what possible standard of measurement?

free trade, globalist acolyte and apologist

feel free to list all your examples of credible documented proof.

Hallux
Professor Principal
21.2.4  Hallux  replied to  Nerm_L @21.2.1    2 weeks ago
Republicans are supporting Harris because they like her promises and urge support because of those promises.

The republicans who support Harris do so for one reason alone, they see him as a threat to the nation. The pony you are trying to sell doesn't rock.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
21.2.5  Nerm_L  replied to  devangelical @21.2.3    2 weeks ago
... by what possible standard of measurement?

By the object measure of promises made by Kamala Harris.  Harris has promised to double down on the demonstrably failed populist ideology of creating prosperity using the government's credit card.  That populist ideology has only made the rich richer because government subsidies always trickle up.  That's what ultimately necessitated bailing out student loans.

Harris has promised to double down on a Eurocentric foreign policy framework while ignoring how that interferes with address the real problems confronting the nation.  The Eurocentric framework hampered Biden's attempt to pivot to Asia with the AUKUS agreement.  The Eurocentric framework even interfered with Harris' own attempt to focus attention on the problems at the source of irregular immigration.  

Harris has been promising blank check support for NATO, the European economy, and fully developed first world countries who should be quite capable of taking care of themselves.  Why do G7 nations need assistance from American taxpayers to protect their interests?

Hallux
Professor Principal
21.2.6  Hallux  replied to  Nerm_L @21.2.5    2 weeks ago
government subsidies always trickle up. 

Money defies gravity in all economic systems.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
21.2.7  Split Personality  replied to  Nerm_L @21.2.1    2 weeks ago
But Donald Trump proved to be a far, far better choice than Hillary Clinton. 

I find it difficult to compare one train wreck to something that never happened.

Trump was a better choice than Biden, as history has proven. 

Ditto, Biden's term hasn't even finished so history is not yet here.

And, now, Trump is still a better choice than Kamala Harris. 

Why, because of Nerm's magical thinking?

Trump is not a free trade, globalist acolyte and apologist; unlike Clinton, Biden, or Harris,  That's why Trump will always be a better choice than a Reagan/Clinton Democrat.

More opinion.

Republicans are supporting Harris because they like her promises and urge support because of those promises.  That really does say more about Kamala Harris than it says about Donald Trump. 

Did you see or listen to the excerpts of the last two Trump magical thinking townhalls?  Vote for me, "What have you got to lose"?  I am going to make us the energy capital of the world and prices, taxes and interest rates will tumble so college student can all afford big new beautiful houses.

I am going to get the cost of gas down to $1.87.  Auto insurance is up 73%, I will cut that in half immediately.

These are empty fantastical promises.

And you think he's better than any alternate?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
21.2.8  TᵢG  replied to  Split Personality @21.2.7    2 weeks ago

Trump has resorted to now promising anything.   As he grows more desperate this is only going to get worse.

The question is if Trump supporters have a level of outrageous lies that even they do not believe.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
21.2.9  Nerm_L  replied to  Split Personality @21.2.7    one week ago
And you think he's better than any alternate?

No, Trump is not better then any alternative.  But any alternative is not going to be on the ballot.  

Here in the real world, Donald Trump was elected by voters to be the best Republicans are offering and Kamala Harris was selected by party leadership to be the best Democrats are offering.  The real world choice is between Trump and Harris.  And Trump is the better choice.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
21.2.10  Nerm_L  replied to  TᵢG @21.2.8    one week ago
Trump has resorted to now promising anything.   As he grows more desperate this is only going to get worse. The question is if Trump supporters have a level of outrageous lies that even they do not believe.

Well, it's true Trump has become a parody of Harris.  But has Trump promised subsidies?  Harris has based her populist appeal on providing government subsidies for housing, healthcare, education.  Has Trump done the same?  

JBB
Professor Principal
21.2.11  JBB  replied to  Nerm_L @21.2.9    one week ago

Then why has Trump never polled above or gone over 50% with real world voters?

Your pronouncement doesn't hold water!

JBB
Professor Principal
21.2.12  JBB  replied to  Nerm_L @21.2.10    one week ago

Yet Harris' proposals are doable. Trump's promises are magical thinking on meth!

That is the difference, in the real world.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
21.2.13  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @21.2.12    one week ago

One wonders if folks really believe one sided nonsense like that.

Really wonder …..

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
21.2.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @21.2.11    one week ago
Then why has Trump never polled above or gone over 50% with real world voters?

Only US citizens can vote for Trump or Kamala.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
21.2.15  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @21.2.8    one week ago
Trump has resorted to now promising anything. 

And Harris isn't? SMH She's flipping on previous beliefs and policy statements until she possibly gets elected and then will resort back to the same shit.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
21.2.16  Sparty On  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @21.2.14    one week ago

One wonders what qualifies one to participate in a poll ….

Sparty On
Professor Principal
21.2.17  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @21.2.15    one week ago

Harris is lying her ass off.    Just like Biden did and folks on the left ignore it.

Sad

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
21.2.18  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sparty On @21.2.16    one week ago

All it takes is someone dumb enough to answer the phone and listen to someone drone on.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
21.2.19  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @21.2.18    one week ago

Someone calls to poll me and the next sound they hear is me hanging up. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
21.2.20  Split Personality  replied to  Nerm_L @21.2.10    one week ago
Well, it's true Trump has become a parody of Harris.  But has Trump promised subsidies? 

Trump claims that auto insurance is up 73% and he will halve that number.

Trump claims he can cap credit card interest rates at 10%

Trump claims he can get gas back to $1.87.

Trump claims inflation is still out of control and he's going to fix it.

Trump claims that the audience cheered his put downs of the ABC moderators during the debate.

Trump confused Pa with AZ and Alaska with Afghanistan

Trumps claims he will reverse the evil SALT taxes he put in place

Trump still believes tariffs are paid by other countries, not the consumers.

Trump has no plan for replacing the Affordable HealthCare plans just an idea he cannot share.

Trump claims Judge Cannon cleared him of wrongdoing in the documents case.

AND YOU THINK TRUMP IS A PARODY OF HARRIS?

Harris is no parody, but she still has all of her faculties about her.

Can you say the same for Trump?

JBB
Professor Principal
21.2.21  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @21.2.14    one week ago

Yes, in the real world. Try telling a MAGA!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
21.2.22  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @21.2.20    one week ago
Harris is no parody, but she still has all of faculties about her.

Really?    Have you listened to her talk in public?

Embarrassing to anyone who hasn’t already anointed her POTUS.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
21.2.23  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @21.2.12    one week ago

You mean those who choose to reside in the real world rather than the demented Bizarro World of the maga?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
21.2.24  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @21.2.15    one week ago

No.  She is not.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
21.2.25  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @21.2.21    one week ago

It doesn't matter were in the world you are a citizen, unless you are a US citizen, no vote in our presidential election.

JBB
Professor Principal
21.2.26  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @21.2.25    one week ago

Exactly, in the real world that is still true!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
21.2.27  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @21.2.24    one week ago

Really? 

Harris no longer favors a ban on  fracking , dropped her support for Medicare for All, and backed a bipartisan immigration bill that would build more walls on the southern border — all departures from her 2020 presidential bid.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
21.2.28  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @21.2.27    one week ago
backed a bipartisan immigration bill that would build more walls on the southern border

That's a departure from her last 3.5 years in office.  

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
21.2.29  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @21.2.26    one week ago

Yep, around 193 countries.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
21.2.30  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @21.2.27    one week ago

Really

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
21.2.31  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @21.2.30    one week ago

Yes

Tessylo
Professor Principal
21.2.32  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @21.2.31    one week ago

No

TᵢG
Professor Principal
21.2.33  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @21.2.15    one week ago
And Harris isn't?

Correct.   Harris is making bold promises but hers are consistent and limited.   Trump, in contrast, is all over the map and keeps inventing new outrageous promises.

Trump claims that he is going to generate substantial ("numbers are so much bigger ... no deficits as a result") revenue by imposing tariffs.   He says that the amount he will generate will be enough to pay for his programs.  

Do you recognize how idiotic that claim is?

The 2023 tariff revenue was $80 billion.  

What is Trump going to do ... double that?   Another $80 billion?   How far does that go with the $6 trillion plus USA budget?

Further, Trump and Vance pretend that the tariffs are paid by the importers.   That is an absurd lie.   Tariffs are paid by importers and then passed on (through the supply chain) to consumers.   The USA consumers are paying the tariffs.   It becomes, in effect, a consumption tax.

This is so over-the-top ridiculous.    Is the American electorate so uninformed and apathetic as to not understand this?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
21.2.34  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @21.2.33    one week ago
Harris is making bold promises

Yeah right.    Price controls, more free handouts for housing and business, no taxes on tips …. No wait, that’s Trump …. Oh wait that’s Harris as well …jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Harris is just pandering to get elected.    Nothing more.    Just like Biden did.    Run more moderate and she will govern even more progressively liberal than Biden if she wins.    Which was a clusterfuck.

Even the dullest of the electorate can see that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
21.2.35  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @21.2.27    one week ago

Hint - this is 2024

TᵢG
Professor Principal
21.2.36  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @21.2.34    one week ago
Harris is just pandering to get elected.  

Well of course she is pandering to get elected.   What do you think political races are about in the end?   At what point in time do you see politicians — especially presidential candidates — not engage in pandering?

You of course ignored my point.   Clearly because you have no way to rebut it.

Trump is promising the moon:

"Your heating and air conditioning, electricity, gasoline — all can be cut down in half," Trump  said  at a Michigan rally late last month, adding that he would declare a "national emergency" to increase fossil fuel supply and decrease prices.  ——

On top of that he is going to pay for his other special programs like child care with revenues from aggressive tariffs.  Do you understand how utterly stupid that is?   Especially since he is promising to magically lower consumer prices.

Here are some more of his economic and economy-related promises.  

• End inflation, and make America affordable again   ( Inflation is down to normal levels and has been heading that way for months now: )
  • Make America the dominant energy producer in the world, by far!   ( We already are. )
  • Stop outsourcing, and turn the United States into a manufacturing superpower  bullshit-grunge-rubber-stamp-on-white-background-vector-illustration-HDE0A1.jpg
  • Large tax cuts for workers, and no tax on tips  ( Paid for with tariffs? )
  • Defend our Constitution, our bill of rights, and our fundamental freedoms, including freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and the right to keep and bear arms ( Promised by the traitor who is the only PotUS who tried to circumvent the CotUS with fraud, coercion, lying, and incitement ).
  • Prevent World War Three,  ( yeah, and also prevent Extraterrestrials from invading the planet ).   
  • Restore peace in Europe and in the middle east, ( magically with phone calls even while president-elect) ...
  • and build a great iron dome missile defense shield over our entire country -- all made in America   bullshit-grunge-rubber-stamp-on-white-background-vector-illustration-HDE0A1.jpg
  • End the weaponization of government against the American people ( He will start this )
  • Stop the migrant crime epidemic, demolish the foreign drug cartels, crush gang violence, and lock up violent offenders  ( he could make progress in these areas )
  • Rebuild our cities, including Washington D.C., making them safe, clean, and beautiful again.   bullshit-grunge-rubber-stamp-on-white-background-vector-illustration-HDE0A1.jpg
  • Strengthen and modernize our military, making it, without question, the strongest and most powerful in the world  ( Already is )
  • Keep the U.S. dollar as the world's reserve currency  ( then stop spending and borrowing!   He is the worst in this regard in any four year term )
  • Fight for and protect social security and Medicare with no cuts, including no changes to the retirement age ( he might not do anything adverse and that would accomplish this )
  • Cancel the electric vehicle mandate and cut costly and burdensome regulations ( he will eliminate all progress in renewable energy and climate control mitigation )
  • Unite our country by bringing it to new and record levels of success ( with magic )

At this point, I believe Trump will promise anything and his supporters will believe whatever he claims.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
21.2.37  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @21.2.21    one week ago

We know you're talking about legal voters in the U.S. jbb.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
21.2.38  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @21.2.36    one week ago

[deleted][]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
21.2.39  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @21.2.38    one week ago

You have no argument.   Mere claims are no different than bullshit.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
21.2.40  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @21.2.39    one week ago

[deleted][]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
23  Gsquared    2 weeks ago
The question is if Trump supporters have a level of outrageous lies that even they do not believe.

Realistically, that is not a question.  The Trump supporters I know already think he lies (one referred to it as merely pandering to his fans, i.e., giving them what they want to hear rhetorically) and/or they don't care.  If someone still supports Trump at this point nothing will convince them not to, and you can write them off as a hopeless cause.  All concentration now should be on convincing the handful of undecideds and turning out the Democratic base.  There is absolutely no point in engaging with Trump supporters to try to change their choice.  That is wishful thinking and unproductive.  In other words, it is a complete waste of time.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
23.1  TᵢG  replied to  Gsquared @23    2 weeks ago
There is absolutely no point in engaging with Trump supporters to try to change their choice. 

I agree.

But the fact that some support Trump even though they know he is lying does not mean that all or even most do.

Trying to reason with a Trump supporter is of course pointless.   But there should be a point where some who currently believe Trump will catch on (on their own) and be dissuaded.   The natural consequence of that will be lower voter turnout for Trump.

We have no statistics to back this up but it is logical that the more outrageous Trump's lies the more likely he is to lose enthusiasm from his less-devoted supporters (onion skin analogy).   Given people believe his Springfield Ohio lies, I do wonder what percentage these less-devoted supporters represent.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
23.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  TᵢG @23.1    2 weeks ago

If the result of Trump's deluge of lies is that some of his otherwise unpersuadable supporters lose enthusiasm and don't vote that would be a positive thing.

devangelical
Professor Principal
23.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Gsquared @23.1.1    one week ago

some of my establishment republican relatives have already expressed that they won't be voting in races where maga extremists are running for office ...