lennylynx

Recent Friends:

Trout Giggles Enoch DocPhil Tessylo Tessylo DocPhil Trout Giggles Enoch

President Trump Has Opened Our Eyes

By:  lennylynx  •   •  one month ago  •  51 comments

President Trump Has Opened Our Eyes

President Trump continues to serve only the far right fringe. What he has taught us is that this 'fringe' is actually 40% of the country.

Before Donald Trump became President, I used to have a hard time figuring out how so many people could continue voting Republican, given their total corporate subservience and utter disregard for the American people.  A certain number is understandable.  A certain percentage could actually be fooled into thinking the Republican party is still viable, and of course,  a certain amount of people support them because of the southern strategy, because they are racists and bigots.  But surely these groups couldn't represent half the country, could they?  Enter President Trump.

Never mind the normal Republican dog whistling, Donald Trump has been using a foghorn.  This naturally pleases the far right.  What this President has shown us is that the percentage is NOT as small as we thought it was.  How can anyone in their right mind support Trump, who has planted himself staunchly against everything America stands for?  How can any American be ok siding with Putin over our own allies?  That Trump's the worst president America has ever seen is not even beginning to describe how totally horrific this guy is.  Incredibly, the President is a clear and present danger to America and the world.

President Trump continues to serve only the far right fringe.  What he has taught us is that this 'fringe' is actually 40% of the country.  This horror show will end but that 40% isn't going anywhere.  What are we going to do AFTER Trump?  Make no mistake, President Trump has opened our eyes and they will remain open forevermore.  4 out of 10 Americans HATE America and everything she stands for.

Find text within the comments Find

lennylynx
1  author  lennylynx    one month ago

40% is not a majority, but it's a LOT.  How can we include these people without fundamentally changing what America stands for?

Dismayed Patriot
1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  lennylynx @1    one month ago

Education, empathy and compassion as well as setting the example. If they don't change, eventually their children will and we can make this a more perfect union instead of allowing the bitter 40% to take us back to a confederacy.

WallyW
1.1.1  WallyW  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    one month ago
as well as setting the example.

Well, you will have to admit that they are doing a piss poor job of leading or governing right now.

squiggy
1.1.2  squiggy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    one month ago
the bitter 40% to take us back to a confederacy.

Something like the sanctuary city rebellion?

WallyW
1.2  WallyW  replied to  lennylynx @1    one month ago

40% is not a majority, but it's a LOT

I really suspect it's more than that, probably closer to 50%. And it's likely to climb even higher if the Democrats don't wake up soon and start getting serious about governing. We talking about MILLIONS of people here , and you're trying to sell the falsity that half the nation's citizens are uninformed, stupid, bigots, racists, etc, etc?? That's simply not true

In my most humble opinion, what I gather from your posts is that you are a far left fringe liberal Democrat. Which would explain a lot. I also think you are wrong about Trump and Republicans for many reasons, but I won't waste time trying to educate you. I can't see what all the fuss is about. How has he personally affected your life?

igknorantzrulz
1.2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  WallyW @1.2    one month ago
you're trying to sell the falsity that half the nation's citizens are uninformed, stupid, bigots, racists, etc, etc?? That's simply not true I

he;s not trying to sell anything.

He's made an observation,

that many find to be true,

definitely me,

how about Um Wally ?

Tessylo
1.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2.1    one month ago

I find it to be true as well.

Tessylo
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  lennylynx @1    one month ago

FUCK tRump!

Cerenkov
1.3.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    one month ago

I guess everyone has a fetish...

luther28
1.3.2  luther28  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    one month ago

Ugh! No thank you Tessy:)

WallyW
1.3.3  WallyW  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    one month ago

Has it been that long Tessy?   jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

luther28
1.3.4  luther28  replied to  WallyW @1.3.3    one month ago

That was funny, well played:)

Mark in Wyoming
2  Mark in Wyoming    one month ago

as for party support, I have seen estimates of high 20 percentile to mid to high 30 percentile when only those that identify with the 2 major parties are discussed, even independents only count for high 30 percentile consistantly and I have seen it is from there either party gets a victory , not from their solid bases , but from outside those bases .

JohnRussell
3  JohnRussell    one month ago

It was reported today that Michael Cohen, in his testimony before Congress on Feb 7, is going to describe Trump as a "madman".

This stuff is only getting started.

bbl-1
3.1  bbl-1  replied to  JohnRussell @3    one month ago

Wonder if there is 'paper evidence' of Trump paid abortions?

igknorantzrulz
3.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1    one month ago
Trump paid abortions?

Trumpp IS an unpaid one and a half

years

older than people 2 years younger

Tessylo
3.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1    one month ago

I bet he paid many, many women to abort.  He wanted Marla to abort.  I bet he wanted Melania to abort too.

igknorantzrulz
3.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.2    one month ago

If only Fred would had had mama

abort the mission...

oh, how less our screwed up country might have been,

but , if the thoughtless insecure clowns could elect thisfuck up

they could have elected ANY fuck up

Tessylo
3.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.3    one month ago

Mama tRump should have swallowed

igknorantzrulz
3.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.4    one month ago
should have swallowed

i don't know,

many here are unable to swallow this 'mans' existence, she probably should have spit

out another, and not referencing his brother.

Tessylo
3.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.1.5    one month ago

I would spit too.  Some things really leave a bad taste in my mouth.

igknorantzrulz
3.1.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.6    4 weeks ago

i don't find that hard to

swallow

WallyW
3.2  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @3    one month ago

We've heard ALL the supposed evidence before.

bbl-1
4  bbl-1    one month ago

Or this.  40%?  Proof that selective and targeted propaganda is effective.

Not to mention the propaganda's willing assets in the targeted nation.  Meaning the US.

lennylynx
4.1  author  lennylynx  replied to  bbl-1 @4    one month ago

Trump's constant 40% approval rating is propaganda??  What do you think his real approval rating is and why?

bbl-1
4.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  lennylynx @4.1    one month ago

Real approval rating is not that important if the entity is already in power and has the ability to shape The Judiciary and Law Enforcement into compliable forces.  The Nazis did it with a solid 36%.  It can be done.  It depends upon the weakness of the government and the fear of the people.

5  Trout Giggles    one month ago

I blame the mainstream media for giving him so much free advertising during the campaign

Ronin2
5.1  Ronin2  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    one month ago

You are correct. The mainstream media wanted a Republican candidate Hillary could easily beat; so they gave Trump the lion's share of Republican coverage during the primaries. The media turned on Trump during the national election for Hillary; but by then it was far too late. The monster they helped create was out of their control.

It also didn't help the Dems ran a candidate that was hated far more than Trump; and still doesn't know how the electoral college works. Call a significant portion of the voters "deplorables"; then ignore flyover country when campaigning in favor of fund raisers on the leftist coasts; and it is easy to see why she lost.

WallyW
5.1.1  WallyW  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1    one month ago

And we cannot forget the FACT that she was a corrupt liar that most people didn't like.

luther28
5.2  luther28  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    one month ago

Complete agreement, they did and continue to legitimize Him.

Dragon
6  Dragon    one month ago

I think many of that 40% are "christians" who are mostly single issue voters, and that issue is abortion. If Trump/GOP is against abortion it doesn't matter to the so called christians what else he does. I have several family members who fall into this category, they are not racists, bigots and they are educated, but they are fanatically against abortion, nothing else matters.

lennylynx
6.1  author  lennylynx  replied to  Dragon @6    one month ago

Good point Dragon, thanks for bringing it up.

luther28
6.2  luther28  replied to  Dragon @6    one month ago

I believe it is a consortium of single issue voters, whether it be abortion, religious (they keep forgetting that religious freedom is already a given via the Constitution), immigration or whatever other concern real or contrived that motivates them.

The only thing they have failed to realize is that the folks they vote for only concerns of late are for themselves and re-election, not their issues.

Sorry, I've already had two cups of cynicism this morning:)

WallyW
6.3  WallyW  replied to  Dragon @6    one month ago

My primary issue was the Supreme Court, and he has done an excellent job of getting the proper Justices in there. If Ginsburg's expiration date comes up, perhaps he can fill her slot with another woman...Amy Coney Barrett. Of secondary importance to me was the illegal issue, since living in a sanctuary city run by out of touch liberals that now want to open "safe injection sites" has shown me the stupid idiocy of such policies. I have no problem with abortion if done as early as possible and have no religious beliefs.

7  Ender    one month ago

I hate when people say they have a mandate when half the country does not even vote.

Then again, I guess silence is acceptance.

lennylynx
7.1  author  lennylynx  replied to  Ender @7    one month ago
"...silence is acceptance."

It sure is buddy, especially when it comes to a crazed imbecile like Trump.  The die-hard Trumpists are a lost cause, but what's really pissing me off is the 'centrists' who continue their bland, laissez faire attitude even when it comes to Trump.

luther28
7.1.1  luther28  replied to  lennylynx @7.1    one month ago

That is what they refer to as hitting the nail on the head, in my opinion. But in fairness the silent majority has been silent for some time and through multiple administrations, hence they abdicate their responsibilities to the noise makers.

Life in modern America, flash supersedes practicality and common sense.

Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη
8  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη    one month ago

Dear Abby,

Every day I wake up reliving election night 2016. I've tried drinking, drugs and shouting at the sky.

Sincerely,

Butthurt till 2020

MUVA
8.1  MUVA  replied to  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη @8    one month ago

Dear butt hurt you may have 6 more years buy ointment.

Abby

Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη
8.1.1  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη  replied to  MUVA @8.1    one month ago

(Laughing emoticon) - solidarity with its me

Cerenkov
8.2  Cerenkov  replied to  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη @8    one month ago

Dear Butthurt,

Man up, Snowflake.

Abby

Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη
8.2.1  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη  replied to  Cerenkov @8.2    one month ago

Dear Abby,

I tried to man up but failed, now my therapist says I am really a woman and sent me to a gender DR.

Now I have tons of liberal friends..

Sincerely,

Butthurt and chopping off my toxic masculinity.

Cerenkov
8.2.2  Cerenkov  replied to  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη @8.2.1    one month ago

Dear Butthurt,

I am nominating you to be a super delegate. Your misandry is just what we look for.

Bernie forever!

Abby.

Tessylo
8.3  Tessylo  replied to  Badfish Hαηd ⊕Ƒ †Hε Ωuεεη @8    one month ago
What's with you all and all the butthurt?  I'm not butthurt.  Sounds like tRump supporters are butthurt.  You all need some new talking points.
I think tRump and his whole administration and family are the ones who will be butthurt in the end.

Cerenkov
8.3.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Tessylo @8.3    one month ago

Keep dreaming. We've got 8 years of Trump.

Hal A. Lujah
9  Hal A. Lujah    one month ago

Kathleen
10  Kathleen    one month ago

From what I have seen, this has brought out the worst in people. In a way I am glad that he got elected in the sense of seeing the true colors in people and how whey are acting.  It's a great test.

Btw, talking about aborting his own children is a great example.

luther28
10.1  luther28  replied to  Kathleen @10    one month ago

While I cannot say that I am glad He was elected, it has as both Lenny and yourself point out rather revealing indeed. For a brief moment I was foolish enough to think we had put our social phobias, bias and racism in our rear view mirrors, Mr. Trump and His merry band have certainly blown that notion out of the water.

Many have opined for a return to the 1950's values, perhaps we have arrived.

Tessylo
11  Tessylo    one month ago

We see tRump's true colors and they are shitstain brown.

I wish tRump had been aborted

I think only a mean girl would be happy that that piece of shit got elected.

freepress
12  freepress    one month ago

What we see right now is very reminiscent of the Nixon years in so many ways.

The apologists still clinging as they always do, to the notion that a Republican can do no wrong.

I have never seen so many excuses made for bad behavior, it is like a parent that has an absolute brat of a child who will not see, hear or do anything about it.

I think the most disgusting thing about it is the fact he has a bizarre family life/relationship and none of his family will step up or do anything about his health or his obvious mental decline. They let him embarrass himself, embarrass the country, and it has to embarrass them as well. Yet they do nothing. No love or care in this family whatsoever. Money, money, money and power is all they think about.

luther28
13  luther28    one month ago

What we see right now is very reminiscent of the Nixon years in so many ways.

During that debacle the GOP Legislature still had backbone, enough to go to Mr. Nixon and force His resignation. This current crop of sycophants are nothing more than single cell spineless creatures whose only interests lie in their re-election and stuffing as much monies in their pockets as possible.