Veronica

Latest Followers:

TᵢG TᵢG Buzz of the Orient Buzz of the Orient sandy-2021492 Phoenyx13 Phoenyx13 sandy-2021492 Raven Wing DocPhil T.Fargo T.Fargo DocPhil Raven Wing Enoch lady in black Split Personality lady in black

So Glad November is Over

By:  Veronica  •  Generic  •  one week ago  •  18 comments

So Glad November is Over

November was horrible for my family.  I was never so happy to see a month end.  On November 6th, my father passed away.  One week later my mother in law passed away.  Family disputes (on hubby's and my sides) have made the events very painful.  My MIL's service was the weekend following her death here in NY.  The day of calling hours we had a major snowstorm.  It was a miserable hour drive to the little town.  My father's service is December 7th in Florida.  A long trip ahead and more family issues.

Work problems and worries have raised their heads in November.  Wasn't sure if I would have a job at the end of the month, luckily I am still employed.

Just glad it is over!!!!!!!

1  Buzz of the Orient    one week ago

Sorry to hear of your troubles.  My mother always used to ask why bad things have to happen to good people.  Hopefully December and Christmas holidays will be more cheerful.

Veronica
1.1  author  Veronica  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    one week ago

Thank you for the thoughts.  I actually celebrate Yule, but am planning on doing it up big this year.

JBB
2  JBB    one week ago

Deaths in families brings out the best and the worst in all  people.

My family claims they hardly breath after a death until I blow up...

Sorry for your loss. It will get better. This too will pass, blablabla...

Veronica
2.1  author  Veronica  replied to  JBB @2    one week ago

Thanks, JBB.  A smile is sitting on my lips now.

Veronica
2.2  author  Veronica  replied to  JBB @2    one week ago

You forgot "they are in a better place"...

JBB
2.2.1  JBB  replied to  Veronica @2.2    one week ago

"Their suffering has ended now", but the damn cliches will go on forever...

2.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Veronica @2.2    6 days ago

I am so sorry for your losses and everything else that happened.

I personally hate that "in a better place". People said that to my mom when Dad passed and she was livid. Then somebody said that to me when she passed and I about blew a gasket. Their better place was seeing their grandchildren graduate high school, college, and then getting married. They never saw that.

Sorry for hijacking your thread with my woes, Veronica. I truly am sorry.

Happy Yule and Winter Solstice!

pat wilson
3  pat wilson    one week ago

Sorry to hear about your losses. Wish I knew what to say. Read somewhere that people grieving just need others to listen.

Glad you're here, we love your articles. And look forward to more.

sandy-2021492
4  sandy-2021492    one week ago

Veronica, I'm so sorry for all that you're going through.

PJ
5  PJ    one week ago

So sorry to hear about the passing of your father and mother in law.  Did you and your father have something special you would do together or do you have a fond memory you can share?

6  Perrie Halpern R.A.    one week ago

So sorry to hear about the passing of your father and mother in law.

Try to drown out the drama. It seems to happen with families, and try to focus on good memories and those around you that are supportive. You have my condolences about all of this loss. I can see why you couldn't wait for November to be over.

And remember we are here for you to vent.

charger 383
7  charger 383    one week ago

I hope December brings you better things.  Sorry for your losses

Split Personality
8  Split Personality    one week ago

Hang in there V !!

Raven Wing
9  Raven Wing    one week ago

Dear Veronica.......I am truly so very sorry for the loss of both your Father and MIL. Both so close together is certainly more than heartbreaking. The stress level of all that involved with the arrangements on top of losing them is surely unimaginable, and add to that the stress of the issues at work.

My heart goes out to you and your family, and my prayers go with them as they take the next steps to their own eternal journey. And may December be a better month, and 2019 a better year.

nv-wa-do-hi-ya-dv (Peace)

10  Ender    6 days ago

A warm smile and a hug for a beautiful person.

Spikegary
11  Spikegary    6 days ago

Veronica,

I'm sorry for your losses, compounded by inner family bickering.  I truly hope December is a better month for you.   What town in New York, if you don't mind my asking?  I'm a small town New Yorker also.

Gary

Kathleen
12  Kathleen    6 days ago

I am so sorry you lost your dad and Mother in law, you will see them again.

Sending you big hugs and peace Veronica..

13  Paula Bartholomew    6 days ago

I can relate as my husband passed away in September.  It does get better my friend.  Here is a big hug for you.