Veronica

The Trip to the Isle of the Fainting Goat

By:  Veronica  •  Generic  •  4 months ago  •  23 comments

The Trip to the Isle of the Fainting Goat
It was very nice, but the goats wouldn't faint or scream for me....

On the shores of the Susquehanna Rivers, in the VERY small town of Nichols sits The Fainting Goat Island Inn.  It is a nice spot to relax and we did.

And this little fellow joined us for breakfast every morning.  His name is Larry.

Veronica
Senior Guide
1  author  Veronica    4 months ago

Here it is - latest trip...

pat wilson
Professor Guide
1.1  pat wilson  replied to  Veronica @1    4 months ago

Larry was trying to fill in so he fell on the floor for ya, lol.

Veronica
Senior Guide
1.1.1  author  Veronica  replied to  pat wilson @1.1    4 months ago

But I didn't fall for the 'rub my tummy, I won't scratch - HONEST" routine.  My little girl does that all the time.

Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 months ago

Goats make great guard animals and are used on a lot of farms.

They don't faint when they see a predator though.

Veronica
Senior Guide
2.1  author  Veronica  replied to  Kavika @2    4 months ago

I wanted to see one faint & none did, but I did enjoy my stay.  I discovered goat milk lotion.  It is fantastic.

Professor Principal
2.2  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @2    4 months ago

Correction, I don't know what in the world I was thinking when I said that goats are used as guard animals, it's donkeys that are used to guard goats, sheep etc.

Veronica
Senior Guide
2.2.1  author  Veronica  replied to  Kavika @2.2    4 months ago

Don't tell the goats - they will scream & faint.

pat wilson
Professor Guide
2.2.2  pat wilson  replied to  Kavika @2.2    4 months ago

There was a video a while back making the rounds on the internet that showed a donkey killing a mountain lion. It was controversial as many claimed the video was fake. It sure made that ass look like a bad ass though, lol.

Professor Principal
2.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  pat wilson @2.2.2    4 months ago

I could see it. Donkeys have powerful back legs

Professor Principal
2.2.4  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.3    4 months ago

At first I thought this would be funny. Then I thought, I don't even know what the hell is going on there.

Not sure if I want to either...

Professor Principal
2.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @2.2.4    4 months ago

A horny ass?

Veronica
Senior Guide
2.2.6  author  Veronica  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.5    4 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    4 months ago

Looks like a relaxing vacation. I see Larry is pretty laid back

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Principal
3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    4 months ago

Catnip?? LOL

Veronica
Senior Guide
3.2  author  Veronica  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    4 months ago

We had a great time - cocktails on our balcony, a little gambling, more cocktails... the joys of life.

Larry was very friendly - I missed my own fur babies & he filled a void.

shona1
Sophomore Participates
3.2.1  shona1  replied to  Veronica @3.2    4 months ago

Morning..Larry could almost be up for indecent exposure..

Veronica
Senior Guide
3.2.2  author  Veronica  replied to  shona1 @3.2.1    4 months ago

He was very "lewd".  jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Professor Principal
4  Ender    4 months ago

Looks beautiful. And so peaceful.

Veronica
Senior Guide
4.1  author  Veronica  replied to  Ender @4    4 months ago

It was very peaceful.  It had me relaxing.

Professor Principal
5  Buzz of the Orient    4 months ago

Goats are pretty good animals to have around - can save having to mow your lawn on a hot day, and some people like goat milk.  Keep in mind that that's just an opinion from an "old goat" so hopefully it didn't get anyone's goat.

Veronica
Senior Guide
5.1  author  Veronica  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    4 months ago
like goat milk

I loved the lotion they made from it.  Bought me some.

Professor Principal
6  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 months ago

Looks like a great trip even if you didn't see a fainting goat.

At least you got a kitty with a view.

Veronica
Senior Guide
6.1  author  Veronica  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6    4 months ago

It was lovely.  And relaxing.  The kitty was an added bonus.