╌>

Bringing Back A Good Thing With a Twist: Good News Wednesday! Eagles in Pittsburgh PA

Category:  Fields and Streams

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  10 years ago  •  7 comments

Bringing Back A Good Thing With a Twist: Good News Wednesday! Eagles in Pittsburgh PA

One of my all time favorites from the other place... just on a different day! Give us your positive news stories!

Here is a story about a family of Eagles in Pittsburgh!

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/pittsburgh-eagle-cam-find-out-why-everyone-watching-n69161

Watch the eagles here:

Click here to visit the Eagle Cam and watch the eagles in action.

And if you stay on the video, you can get to watch the Amish move a house... literally!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    10 years ago

It is an amazing thing to see our national bird recover and thrive even in our cities. Also let that video run.. you'll see something you've never seen before!

Dan Sauers
Freshman Silent
link   Dan Sauers    10 years ago

We here in the burgh have been watching them for months. Quite amazing. If you look through the archived videos you'll see one of a raccoon trying to rob the nest and the eagles running it off. Mother nature in action.

This is just one nest also. There are several in the Pittsburgh area. I sawan eagleflying while kayaking last year. A sight to behold.

LoneRanger01
Freshman Silent
link   LoneRanger01    10 years ago

just can't help it,....the title is begging for it.....24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif

So I must ask,...if the Eagles are coming to PA then where are the Steelers going,....24.gif 24.gif 24.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

I have never seen an eagle in it's natural habitat, so I am very envious of you Dan! I am sure it is a sight to behold.

I did watch the video, and I saw that racoon attack, along with a hawk. That is one fearless mom. She is really going to have to keep an eye on those chicks. They are very tasty still for the likes of them. Here on Long Island, I watched a white tail hawk snatch a rabbit from my backyard. It was both awesome and sad at the same time. I used to have rabbits in my yard.... now I have none.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

LR,

Someone didn't watch the video! Bri-Bri made that joke!

Dan Sauers
Freshman Silent
link   Dan Sauers    10 years ago

I have a friend that lost a small dog to a hawk. Just snatched it up right out of the yard. It was very tragic. We also have a Chihuahua and are very protective of her now. She doesn't go into the yard by herself anymore and is always on a leash. I don't blame the hawk, just mother nature in action. Just have to be a little more cautious now.

LoneRanger01
Freshman Silent
link   LoneRanger01    10 years ago

just my luck,...a day late and a dollar short....