╌>

Wine and Food

Category:  Wine & Food

Via:  sara  •  13 years ago  •  25 comments

Wine and Food
I like wine, and I like food....some times I like and food together...that is all...*smiles*~Sara

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    13 years ago

Sara ,

You named your article the same as the category ??
What kind of wine do you like ? And with what food ?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    13 years ago

I like a merlot or pino and I love both Italian and French food. Yum!

You know the very first article on grouply was called Whine and food. LOL!

Shel F
Freshman Silent
link   Shel F    13 years ago

Since wine is the subject....

Wanna be my buddy for life?

Buy me a bottle of Lambrusco in the middle of a hot summer.

I'll try pretty much any wine that comes from a San Giovese grape without thinkin' about it. Hand me a sauterne with my tiramisu. I love a good merlot as long as it's over four or five years old. Needless to say, the older the better. My absolute favorite though, is the port from Pirtle Winery in Weston, MO.

....and I could forego American food altogether if I could eat old school Italian food all the time.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    13 years ago

I'll drink to that.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

I am fond of cooking with wine . Put some Cabernet into a pasta sauce .... heaven !

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

I like your avatar Sara G. ... I find appealingly revealing in a way.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

....and I could forego American food altogether if I could eat old school Italian food all the time.

So True!

Girl, you must really love your wine. You even know the grapes! I just know what I like, when it comes out of the bottle.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Heaven!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

It's adogable!

Actually, it looks like my collie's eyes. I really loved that dog!

Shel F
Freshman Silent

Perrie,

I'm no sommelier (wino maybe ). I learned a lot from head cheffin' a four diamond resort kitchen a while back.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Now, I am really impressed! I used to be a wino, but then I developed a sulfaallergy. Now, I either have to find suflite free wine... no easy trick, or keep it down to 2 glasses and bepreparedto feel like hell for 24 hours. Whaaaaa!

Shel F
Freshman Silent

Perrie,

8008776655 Organic Vintages

They carry Frey Vineyards organic (and sulfite free) wines.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Did I tell you how much I love you lately?

Thanks for the info. Checking it out already!

Sara
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Sara    13 years ago
Rich, I didn't name anything, actually I saw the forum Wine and Food and it was empty, so I thought to myself...."self, you like wine....you love wine....and you like food....go put something in that forum"...so I did. And I love the replies. I may have to do this again!I'm not a wine snob by any stretch of the imagination. My favorite wine is Beringers White Zinfandel...I am not much of a red wine drinker, too dry for me, BUT...I LOVE Dornfelder, which is a red german sweet wine. Reislings are the wine everyone associates with Germany, but this one is awesome!Food, I like all kinds of food, but I'd say downhome meat and potatos cooking is my all time favorite.And back at'cha, are you a wine drinker? What kind and what's your favorite food?

Sara
Freshman Silent
Shelly, hello new best friend!!!You sound like someone that knows wine. I merely know what I like. As I told Rich, White Zin is my all time favorite...Although there have been some red wines that I have had with meals that I quite enjoyed, I just can't get into them other than meal pairings.Give me the lowdown on those grapes...also, name me a few good wines, I'm all for wine tastings!!!:)

Sara
Freshman Silent
Perrie, I have had some Pino Grigio (Spelling?) that I quite liked, others are very dry and not to my liking at all!I believe that German wines do not have the sulfites? Now, after I said that, and outloud in here to, I could be wrong, but hey it's worth checking into, right? German Reislings..and their Dornfelder is just to die for!! And if I heard right and they do not have sulfites..hey you could be drinking wine all day long.....or, so.:)

Sara
Freshman Silent
Rich,I make a smashing beef burgundy....I always add just a touch more burgundy wine than ...well, than maybe someone else would, but it's soooo worth it!I also make a fabulous roast using Merlot, yummmmmm!!!I'd email you some, but, I'm not sure it emails well ;)

Sara
Freshman Silent
Mac, you and I both know that we'd drink to pretty much anything, *Laughs**arches a brow*.....right?

Sara
Freshman Silent
Thank you for the kind responses...I do hope I at least mentioned everyone..I enjoyed reading through this very much....but now, it is my bedtime. I have one more night to work than I am off for 5 nights..and on at least 2 of those nights, I will be indulging...anyone care to join me?*smiles*~Sara

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

I can think of a number of things I wouldn't drink to and some folks I wouldn't drink with, but ... I'd have a drink with you any time ...

And here's to your return to NewsTalkers! (Orange Juice ... it's early in the morning ... after the sun sets, I add the Wild Turkey to the O.J., sit on the glider and look at the stars).

10972_discussions.jpg To Sara G.'s return ... a toast!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Sara,

What are you planning? Something yummy?

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Sara ,

I'm not much of a wine drinker but I do like using it in food . Those recipes sound
good . Do you have any for chicken , fish or pork ?

Strangerthanfiction
Freshman Silent
link   Strangerthanfiction    11 years ago

My new love the last two years has been Port. I do some part-time bookkeeping for a u-brew company and it started with Chocolate Orange Port, this year I made Caramel and a friend gave me a bottle of their Raspberry Chocolate. And they all go well with Chocolate! If you've not had Port try it.....so good!8.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    9 years ago

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    9 years ago

Enjoying dark red mixes lately.

;^)