╌>

Star Wars: the 7 best conspiracy theories

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  community  •  9 years ago  •  5 comments

Star Wars: the 7 best conspiracy theories

The best  Star Wars stories aren't the ones you'll find in the movies. The best Star Wars stories are the ones that go far beyond the movies and live in the hearts and minds of fans — like the one about Ewoks eating people or the one where the prequels were just manifestations of George Lucas's hubris.

Like any good cultural touchstone, Stars Wars is the subject of myriad conspiracy theories that fans have created after watching, loving, and studying the films over and over again. They're created for fans by other fans who share that deep fondness for this franchise and its characters. And sometimes they're just too good to not be true. Here are seven of the best.

~LINK~

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton    9 years ago

1) The only reason Han Solo is still alive is for merchandising purposes

Harrison Ford doesn't believe that Han Solo — the character he played in the original trilogy and will reprise in The Force Awakens — should be alive and kicking in the new film. Back in 2010, Ford told ABC news that the powers that be should have killed off Han by the end of Return of the Jedi:

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    9 years ago

I looked at the linked article. I am not a big Star Wars guy, but it was fairly interesting. There is supposedly a good chance that this movie will make more money than any film in history. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   9 years ago

Adjusted for inflation?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   9 years ago

Probably not. Gone With The Wind was re-released in theaters multiple times over the years. I think it would be hard to catch in the inflation adjusted rankings for that reason.