╌>

Celebs back 'Stop Hate Dump Trump' campaign

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  8 years ago  •  30 comments

Celebs back 'Stop Hate Dump Trump' campaign

• Actress Kerry Washington is among the A-list celebrities supporting the 'Stop Hate Dump Trump' campaign.Continue clicking to read memorable and controversial Trump quotes. Photo: Jason Merritt, Staff / 2015 Getty Images

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Stop-Hate-Dump-Trump-campaign-gain-leverage-with-6775065.php

Donald Trump may have gained Sarah Palin's endorsement on Tuesday, but a day later, he is receiving pushback from many other prominent figures.

Kerry Washington, Rosie O'Donnell, Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Michael Moore, Danny Glover and Harry Belafonte are among the dozens of celebs lending their names in support of the " Stop Hate Dump Trump " campaign.

"Scandal" star Washington took to Facebook to announce her support, saying:  "Join me + Eve Ensler, Harry Belafonte, Kimberle Crenshaw, Michael Moore and Thandie Newton to say enough ‪#‎StopHateDumpTrump‬."

She ended the post with a link to the campaign's website.

The campaign's goal is to call out the presidential hopeful for "the expulsion of Muslims from the country, bullying, and fear-mongering," according to the cause's  website .

Read the full mission statement below:

"We believe Trump is a grave threat to democracy, freedom, human rights, equality, and the welfare of our country and all our people.

We have witnessed Trump inciting hatred against Muslims, immigrants, women, the disabled. We have seen him evidencing dangerous tendencies that threaten the bedrock of democracy: unleashing a lynch mob mentality against protesters, calling for the expulsion of Muslims from the country, bullying, and fear-mongering.

History has shown us what happens when people refuse to stand against hate-filled leaders.

We pledge ourselves to speak out in every way possible against the politics of hate and exclusion he represents."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

Can someone remind me if we have ever had a presidential campaign where dozens of celebrities joined a movement to "stop the hate" being spread by one of the major party candidates ? 

I can't recall such a thing in my 40+ years as a voter. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

They're all a bunch of left wing loons. You didn't expect any of them to endorse the guy most likely to beat the hag did you? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

This is only the beginning. 

One Miscreant
Professor Silent
link   One Miscreant  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Anti-McCarthyism.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    8 years ago

Celebrities protest every Republican. It's always something.

This might be the worst possible strategy to stop Trump. Celebrities whining about Trump will only enhace his standing among his voters.  

Look at this list: "Kerry Washington, Rosie O'Donnell, Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Michael Moore, Danny Glover and Harry Belafonte" Who could possibly care what they think? 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Sean Treacy   8 years ago

Donald Trump may have gained Sarah Palin's endorsement on Tuesday, but a day later, he is receiving pushback from many other prominent figures.

Kerry Washington, Rosie O'Donnell, Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Michael Moore, Danny Glover and Harry Belafonte are among the dozens of celebs lending their names in support of the " Stop Hate Dump Trump " campaign.

If I were him I would consider those names as real triumph to have them criticizing him.  That will be a bigger push to the top for him than having Obama come on TV and criticize guns is for the NRA. chuckle

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Sean Treacy   8 years ago

Wow. Trump is opposed by a bunch of Hollywood dictator enablers. Good for him. Those people are trash.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

I see that none of my guests has answered the question. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    8 years ago

Who the hell is Kerry Washington and why should anyone care what she believes ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

George Washington's great great great great grandaughter. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

I don't care what she believes . Do you ?