[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    8 years ago

Our Second Collaboration.

Neetu2
Freshman Silent
link   Neetu2  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

I just realized, Mac, that there is so much to how you place and position the text on a picture, not just the colors, that create both the visual impact and reflect the meaning of the poem. I have a lot, lot, lot to learn from you!

Thank you.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Neetu2   8 years ago

We learn from each other, Neetu. Text, if you think about it, is a "visual" medium as well as a contextual one. Art editors for publications make decisions about type face, type size, style (italics, bold, ALL CAPS) and placement so as to make word and image work as a whole … in synchronization.

I am fortunate to have come through a combination of backgrounds and careers that helped me do what I now do which is graphics/design as much as it is photography.

While a newspaper editor, I had to do page layouts, text choices and placement … and while doing biological population studies IN MOST BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDINGS … I believe my "eye" for nature and scenic photography developed in a way it might not have otherwise.

I think, for better or worse, we gravitate to the people who have something to teach us.

Neetu2
Freshman Silent

You have acquired a wealth of experience in this field, Mac. I am just grateful I bumped into you! There is a lot of subtle learning we do, I suppose, in addition to active, and sometimes the subtly acquired "eye" or knowledge just comes out in ways we don't always notice. As it did for you with the editing work. With poetry, I started writing it after I had lived a life and had enough substance to develop it. While I was always a decent writer, I wasn't always a poet. And now, it seems like this is what comes to me from my "eye" of life experiences! It is an honor to collaborate with you. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

"Our Second Collaboration."

As worthy as the first.

Neetu2
Freshman Silent
link   Neetu2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Thank you, Buzz! 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

Very nice combination.  The poem captures a true depiction of darkness and I like the way you can see a hint of the sun rays reaching out to touch the lands surfaces. 

Neetu2
Freshman Silent
link   Neetu2  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

Thank you, pj! I appreciate your wonderful comment.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    8 years ago

Don't miss the sunrise … soon it will be time for sunset (where I am).

Neetu2
Freshman Silent

Yes, and where I am too. I just saw the last embers of sun embedded in the partially cloudy sky. Looked lovely!

LynneA
Freshman Silent
link   LynneA    8 years ago

Congratulations you two! 

Seeing the prose in this format brings a depth to the words perhaps not felt on a blank canvas.  The "whitening" of the A has a great visual impact!

More, more, more!!

Neetu2
Freshman Silent
link   Neetu2  replied to  LynneA   8 years ago

Thank you, Lynne. I hope we can keep on keepin' on. :)

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  LynneA   8 years ago

More, more, more!!

There will be more; we're trying to establish a workaround for the fall off on image quality when images are "processed" during upload to NT. I suspect that it's not a matter of what happens during the upload, rather possibly what doesn't happen since the same image can look very different when uploaded to other sites.

For now, we'll do the best we can … I'm trying to determine if certain images are less "vulnerable" than others.