╌>

Donald Trump Dangerously Flirting With White Supremacist Vote

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  8 years ago  •  4 comments

Donald Trump Dangerously Flirting With White Supremacist Vote

Who knows why Donald Trump is being wishy washy about the love white supremacists have for his candidacy. But he has been , up to the minute. This morning, CNN's Jake Tapper asked Trump if he would denounce the endorsement of him that came from David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan, and Trump's reply was, more than once, "I don't know anything about David Duke, I don't think I have never met him." 

Tapper rephrased the question, and Trump said to the effect   'I don't know him. I can't comment on something I am not familiar with.' .

This seems quite odd. Quite. A 69 year old man who is not familiar with the fact that David Duke is a notorious white nationalist and anti-semite ?   Huh? 

Trump is wary to disavow anything remotely connected to the 'white vote' because white votes are pretty much the entirety of his support.

------

related

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-retweets-a-white-supremacist-again/

Trump Retweets a White Supremacist… Again

by  Lindsey Ellefson  | 3:43 pm, February 27th, 2016

Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 3.24.42 PM

This is not the  first  time we’ve reported this. This is not the  second  time we’ve reported this. This is not the  third  time we’ve reported this. This is the  fourth  time we’ve told you that Donald Trump , GOP frontrunner and likely Republican nominee for the presidency, has retweeted an apparent white supremacist on Twitter.

The tweet:

" @ NeilTurner_ @ realDonaldTrump  There's only one real candidate, and it's you! Donors control the other candidates!  # VoteTrump " Thank you.

The investigation, launched by Twitter user  Andrew Staroska , who is one of many  using #NeverTrump:

The move is especially unwise considering that mere days ago, Trump was  endorsed  by famous former KKK leader  David Duke . The  public  is generally  displeased , though it is worth noting that the white supremacist Trump retweeted has done some retweeting of his own and that retweeting is of none other than Duke.

Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 3.59.40 PM

With  Twitter  being  such  a  large  part of  Trump’s  campaign and  daily  recreational  activities , you’d think there would be someone on his staff who would vet these accounts before retweeting them. Then again, maybe there  is .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

Why would Trump retweet white supremacists ? 

Trump has a choice of thousands of tweets that support him from which to choose those few that he retweets. Why has he landed multiple times on white supremacists ? 

It is a way for him to indirectly acknowledge their support.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Donald Trump: ‘It would be very unfair’ to disavow KKK and David Duke until I ‘do research on them’

CNN's Jake Tapper interviews Donald Trump (screen grab)
CNN's Jake Tapper interviews Donald Trump (screen grab)

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Sunday refused to distance himself from the Ku Klux Klan and former KKK Grand Dragon David Duke because he said that he wanted to “do research” on the groups supporting him.

Last week, the Anti-Defamation League called on Trump to  repudiate white supremacist groups  and “publicly condemn their racism” after Duke endorsed him, saying that white people who did not vote for Trump had committed “treason to your heritage.”

On Sunday, CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Trump if he was willing to say that he did not want Duke’s vote “or that of other white supremacists.”

“I don’t know anything about David Duke,” Trump insisted. “I don’t know anything about what you are even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don’t know. I mean, did he endorse me or what’s going on?”

“Because I know nothing about David Duke, I know nothing about white supremacists,” he added. “And so, you are asking me a question that I’m supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about.”

Tapper pressed: “Would you just say, unequivocally, you condemn them and you don’t want their support?”

“Well, I have to look at the group,” Trump replied. “I mean, I don’t know what group you’re talking about. You wouldn’t want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I’d have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them, and certainly I would disavow if I thought that there was something wrong.”

“The Ku Klux Klan,” Tapper interrupted.

“You may have some groups in there that are totally fine, and it would be very unfair,” Trump continued. “So, give me a list of groups and I’ll let you know.”

“Okay, I’m just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here but…,” Tapper noted.

“Honestly, I don’t know David Duke,” Trump remarked. “I don’t believe I’ve ever met him. I’m pretty sure I didn’t meet him, and I just don’t know anything about him.”

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

I watched this interview this morning.  I was a bit shocked and I think Jake Tapper was also when Donal completed deflected saying he didn't know David Duke and he completed ignored Tapper when he was asked about the KKK. 

I was like:

Me:  How can you be an American and not know the history of the KKK?  Hmmmmm

Donald also addressed his tax returns and the IRS.  He said he has been targeted and audited by the IRS for years and he attributes it to his connections with being in the Tea Party. 

and then I was like:

Me:  How in the world could Trump claim that because he was a part of the Tea Party the IRS has been auditing him for years.  He's only associated himself with the Tea Party since he's been running for President.

I'm going out on a limb and say that maybe the IRS targeted him because of his questionable business practices. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

In the late 1970's, Donald Trump paid no income tax on a yearly income of 500,000 dollars or so. More than once. I have to go back and find the site I saw that on because I didn't save it. 

I believe the reason Trump doesn't want to release his tax returns is because he basically doesn't pay any.