╌>

Donald Trump's Delusional Dreams Of Getting Black Votes

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  8 years ago  •  16 comments

Donald Trump's Delusional Dreams Of Getting Black Votes

By John Russell

Donald Trump has said more than once that he can get up to 25% of the black vote. Someone operating under that level of delusion probably shouldn't have a driver's license or operate a weed whacker, let alone be a major party nominee for president of the United States.

Trump has a big big problem, one that didn't come up much, for obvious reasons, during the Republican campaign.

Interestingly, we seem the same surety in Trump here that we see in the presidential campaign. He interrupts the interviewer and repeats disproven lies. ( In particular he repeats the debunked assertion that Obama's grandmother said he was born in Kenya. ) Trump in this clip is the same exact blowhard we have seen for the past year.

This is a YYYUUUGGE problem for Trump.

I will be shocked if the Hillary campaign, and her many surrogates, don't make Trump's birther crusade a major issue in the fall campaign. He is incredibly vulnerable. It calls into question his judgement. It calls into question his ability to analyze facts. It calls into question his proclivity to attach himself to conspiracy theories.

But it is going to get worse for Trump. President Obama is going to campaign for Hillary Clinton and it is impossible to believe that he will not go after Trump for Trump's birther obsession. The sarcastic humor to come from this has the potential to dominate news cycles. Obama is already twice as smart as Trump about these things, and with extra motivation it is going to be something to see.

Trump will never get any more of the black vote beyond those who always vote Republican. The black community will not deny President Obama his last wish, and his revenge.

If I were Clinton I would be making sure I had Goldie Taylor's permission to use this video and start preparing it for regular rotation among the campaign ads.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

The chickens will come home to roost for Trump.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    8 years ago

Trump is going to do well with the blacks no doubt about that. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

If you call 10% good.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

Trump is going to do well with the blacks no doubt about that.

You are a good little Trumpian already.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Now you're being too critical John. As Trump and all of his supporters know Black people are not real people. They are just "the blacks". Sort of like a football team. I hear he's going to do well among The Muslims, The Hispanics, The Indians (otherwise know as The Browns (both kinds. Native Americans and those from India (the non Muslim ones))) and all of the other non-Whites too.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Randy   8 years ago

Trump told an interviewer today that he is doing great with the black vote, saying that "I won with blacks".

What he doesn't say is that only 10% or less of blacks would ever vote in a Republican primary. He "won" in a very small pool. Completely irrelevant in the general.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

If you check the polls on Trump with black, Hispanics and Indians he is in the toilet.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

And minorities make up far too much of the electorate to win without them. He has insulted just about every group, so if he is counting on just saying "Oops! Sorry! I didn't mean what I said in the primaries! Let's just forget that and start over, OK?" and all will be well, he'd better count again.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

If you check the polls on Trump with black, Hispanics and Indians he is in the toilet.

I believe I've read that he's way behind with women  as well.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  Krishna   8 years ago

Hillary's lead with white women makes her the sexist & racist favorite ... a veritable shoe-in !

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    8 years ago

CNN contributor Van Jones has taken to Facebook  with a video  in which he warns that Trump is likely to win the election because of his mastery of the new social media landscape of today. This might be true, but his electoral math is more interesting:

“70 percent of African Americans have a horrible view of Donald Trump,” Jones continued. “In order for the Democrats to win the White House they don’t have to get 50 percent of the black vote or 60, or 70, or 80, or 90, Democrats in order to win historically need 90 to 92 percent of the black vote . If only 70 percent don’t like Donald Trump, that means 30 percent are open to his argument.  If he gets half of those, he’s president .”

Let this sink in slowly. Ensuring that Democrats continue to receive black votes in a monolithic block, it is in their interest for blacks to remain poor and resentful, which is why agitators like Jones work overtime to keep racism alive and boiling. If blacks in larger numbers entered the middle class, more of them would likely start voting Republican. No wonder the left makes sure to reinforce the idea that your skin color or ethnicity should determine your ideology and your vote, and why dissenters like Clarence Thomas are demonized. It’s rare to see this  implicitly acknowledged. Jones is right to be scared.

8 years of the Obama economy has done a great job of keeping poor and resentful. Mission Accomplished Barack!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy   8 years ago

The importance of Trump's birtherism goes beyond how blacks will vote, although it certainly impacts that vote.

Trump's role as the head birther calls into serious question his honesty, his judgement, his proclivity to conspiracy theories, his sense of fairness.

Trump is going to get pounded with this subject, and rightfully so. Lawrence O'Donnell led off his show tonight with a rundown on Trump's career as a birther.

And then, Obama is going to unload on him about it, which is going to be a lot of fun.

A poll last October showed 62% of Trump supporters were birthers.  That is a big reason why he won the Republican primaries right there.

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee    8 years ago

Maybe if he gives a speech in a "Negro" dialect....