╌>

If fire or other such disaster forced you to vacate, what would you take with you?

Category:  Now Trending

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  8 years ago  •  15 comments

If fire or other such disaster forced you to vacate, what would you take with you?

It is a disaster like the Fort McMurray, Canada, wildfire. You have 30 minutes to pack what you consider important and valuable, load them into your car and go. What would you take with you. (The assumption is that you would have a car, not a truck or trailer.)

Personally, I would of course take all humans and pets. Next one must consider what is irreplaceable, such as old family photographs which until recently most people would have and not have stored on memory sticks (it’s easy to take all memory sticks of course, considering that anything of value on your computer would have been saved on them – but a laptop or even a desktop could be considered). Then what would be practical necessities, such as a change of clothes (many Chinese people have only 2 sets of clothes, one set to wear and another to wash) and basic toiletries. Since you would most likely not be living alone on a desert island, what you would need as survival gear might not be so necessary since you would be heading to a shelter where such items would be available. Small items of high financial or sentimental value such as jewelry, family heirlooms, original works of art and books that there would be room for in the car.

I suppose if you did not have a car your choices could be much more limited as to what you and your fellow humans could carry in a suitcase, and nobody I know would ever abandon their pets, even at the expense of leaving behind things of high value or usefulness.

So what would you take?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

Don't try to think too long about it - you might not have that much time to do so.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

This article has already had more than 20 views, and it's already too late to think about it - It's been an hour and your pets are dead, your valuables have been destroyed and you'd be lucky to survive.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

Hey, I didn't have time to type an answer, I was busy saving Wiki (also know as Hebrew National), Annie, Amos and Rocky. Plus items that have been passed on in our family for centuries.

Now that I've complete my evacuation, I'm ready to talk.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

Okay, I'm listening.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

What are we talking about, Buzz? Old age strikes again.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

I forgot. LOL

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Huh?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

We do this regularly for tornadoes...  In fact, I keep a bag packed of my best jewelry to take with me.  Then, I have extra bags to run around and gather-- Uncle Louie's trumpet from WWI, pictures, of course the pets would come, cats and dogs, stuffed into the car, then, my great-grandmother's paintings, my great-great grandmother's quilts, and other various and assundried special goodies, or "pretties".  Depending on how much time I have.  Usually, during tornado season, I keep bags packed of the special "pretties", so all I have to do is grab them!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

No ruby shoes?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

The last place I want to go back to is Kansas!  winking

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

Happy

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    8 years ago

The dogs (of course), maybe my wife (Laugh ) and all of our important papers are already pre-boxed and ready to go. Also our laptops and back up hard drive. Other then that it's all pretty much covered by insurance. Except for the Art, which we should get taken care of! But always seem to put off.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Randy   8 years ago

How about a couple of cold ones out of the fridge? winking

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

I don't have any! The first stop, Rite-Aid Liqueur department for Tequila.Happy

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    8 years ago

My photo albums!